Favorite Miyazaki Film  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Miyazaki Film

• Princess Mononoke
    • Spirited Away
    • Nausicaa

Guest jc38723
Whats your favorite out of these 3
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna][INDENT][B]jc38723[/B], A thread?s main topic of discussion should be something that can spark an intelligent discussion of some form, and avoid spam. Also, a thread creator?s opening post is what kick starts a discussion, so when creating a thread please be sure you come on to your topic with a decent quality post. For example you could have explained which movie you liked best and why.

If a creator starts their thread off with a weak opening, the thread is more likely to attract spam from other members, and could lead itself to being closed. Though sometimes weak threads can be saved by high quality posters. Which in this case it was. However, futher spammy posts such as your opening post will result in the thread being closed.

Post reasons for your answers and remember that OtakuBoards places an emphasis on post quality. That means proper grammar, spelling and having content in your posts. ~indifference[/INDENT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I'm curious as to why those are our only options. I like all of them, but when I think Miyazaki I think Pom Poko first (don't know why, but that's definitely my favourite). Are those the only ones you've seen?

[size=1]Even though Spirited Away was my first Miyazaki film (and still is my first love of his work), I've seen many others and have begun to appreciate and admire the man. The day before yesterday, I watched [b]Howl's Moving Castle[/b].

I absolutely loved it! The storyline was interesting and Howl was a hunk (his English voice is Christian Bale - the newest Batman!! PUDDLE-MOMENT!). My sisters watched it with me in Japanese with English sub-titles. It is a beautiful story.[/size]

The one's I've seen, in order of how much I liked them are
Princess Mononoke- Talking wolves, forest spirits, shooting people's heads off with a bow, and a wolf girl, what more can you want? It also was the first movie by Miyazaki that I saw

Castle in the Sky- I don't know why I liked it, I just did

Nausicaa- Same as above. Actually, I think I should have liked it more that Castle in the Sky, but for some reason I just like Castle in the Sky better

Spirited Away- I liked it, but for some reason it just didn't seem as good as the others.

My favorite Miyazaki film is probably [b]Castle in the Sky[/b], although I have a severe weakness for Howl's Moving Castle. Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away are also good, solid soul food... the perfect movies to watch on a rainy day.

I did not like either Princess Mononoke or Nausicaa very much. I saw the majesty in them and was awed by their visuals, but I can't say that I would want to see either one again, at least not anytime soon. For me, Castle in the Sky and Howl's Moving Castle have the most replay value out of all of Miyazaki's works--which is probably why I prize them more highly, when you get down to it.

Oh, and I've never seen Totoro in its entirety. Feel free to cast stones or whatever.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Out of the one?s you?ve listed the movie I liked the best was Spirited Away. It reminded me Alice in Wonderland with all the bizarre and weird imagery. The paper birds and cute little soot creatures were whimsical and fun to watch. It?s also the only one of his movies that I got to see in the theater and it was fantastic to see on the big screen.

Now my favorite movie is Howl?s Moving Castle. I love Sophie?s character and even Howl, though he seems a bit off, is very lovable. I just cracked up when he [spoiler]got upset because his hair color got changed. [/spoiler]

I enjoyed Princess Mononoke as the visuals were stunning, but like Dagger I don?t really care if I see it again or not. And like you Dagger I haven?t seen all of Totoro either. I?ve only caught bits and pieces of it. It looks charming though and one of these days I want to see all of it. [/COLOR]

Out of the three listed, I'd say Spirited Away. I was in love with it for so long! I still like it to this day, just not as much as that first time.

I also really like Castle in the Sky; such a beautiful score. But, my first Miyazaki film, even though I had no idea who he was at the time, was Kiki's Delivery Service, and to this day I still love the movie.

My favorite if Whisper of the Heart. I love the story, it just seems more down to earth then the others. The other movie are also great. (I havn't seem a movie of his that I didn't like) but they have meanings that I sometimes don't get right off or I think I get the meaning but there is another meaning under that one. Thats the fun part though, finding the meanings and the hidden meanigs.

I like Spirited Away, but I personally think that Howl's Moving Castle is better. Some parts I don't like, but overall, it's a great movie.
[COLOR=SeaGreen][INDENT][SIZE=1][B]Anime_Kami[/B], please put more effort into your posts, simply listing which ones you like without explaining a bit as to why you like them is spam. ~Aaryanna[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Although I have seen both Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, I actually like Howl?s Moving Castle the best. Princess Mononoke was beautifully done and I enjoyed watching it, but it didn?t really draw me in and I have no desire to ever watch it again. Spirited away was also beautifully done and I loved how the storyline was so bizarre and different. And those cute little soot creatures are just so adorable. ^_^

The thing I love most about Howl?s Moving Castle is the crazy castle itself. I get such a kick out of seeing it in action. Sophie?s interaction with Howl is also fun to watch as though she?s younger she seems to be more [spoiler]mature[/spoiler] than Howl is. I just thought it was so funny how she took over and [spoiler]cleaned the castle as if Howl?s messiness was that of a little child who had been naughty by letting things get so dirty. [/spoiler] [/COLOR]

I love Miyazaki! Spirited Away was one of the first anime I ever watched, and it really made me want to see more. All his work is so colourful, and the scenes are always so vibrant, and beautiful. Then I saw Princess Mononoke which actually amazed me more than anything. Before I started watching alot of anime, and reading manga I was a solid fantasy reader (still am), and I loved myths and legends. So Princess Mononoke was just too perfect... epic battles and demons. Because of this I'd proably say Princess Mononoke is my favourite, it has that amazed effect everytime I watch it. I have also seen Kiki's Delivery Service and Howl's Moving Castle. I could watch these films over and over, there so heartwarming. I watch Kiki Delivery service when I feel sad :animesmil, its my cheer-up film.

Princess Mononoke was definetley my favorite. Bringing the earth and spirits into a situation we are facing today was brilliant. The forest really are disapearing and it was so cool to all the forest life fight back. The tree spirits are so adorable! I wish I had one :animesigh

yeah my Anime obserssion began with Laputa: Castle in the sky this preatty much lead me to start collecting all of the Studio Ghibli Collection. I then went on and saw Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind, Kiki's Delivary Service, Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro. But actually the best one i ever saw was the australian opening for Howls Moving Castle. Yeah i reckon he's probably the greatest animator of alll time. But I only really like the dub versions i feel that, unlike other animes, studio Ghibli movies which have Japanese voices lack emotionbut thats only really what i think :animeknow

Well i've only seen two of the three youv'e listed princess mononoke and spirited away. I liked them both equally forr what they were. Thay were fairly different genre wise. Spirited away was more of a magical girl/alice in wonderland flick and I liked it for the good animation and good art style. Then princess mononoke is more of a war/adventure movie which I liked beacuse of the story and excitement more than the animation style. There both good but seeing as alot of people like howls moving castle alot mine might change today when I watch it. I wonderr what Gene Simmons will sound like without makeup.