OtakuBoards

The Fast and the Furious - The Garage [M-SLV]

Redemption

[b][u]FAQs[/b][/u]

[b]What if I don?t know anything about cars?[/b]

That?s ok. You don?t have to know anything about cars to race them. But you don?t even have to be a racer in this RPG. Use your imagination. You could be a person that helps organise races or events with my character. Or you could someone that gives money to people that race (as in sponsor them). There are endless possibilities. You just have to think a little more out of the box.

[b]What if my character hasn?t committed any traffic offences or doesn?t have any cars?[/b]

Again, that?s ok. Just put something in those sections that say ?No cars recorded? or ?No traffic offences recorded?.

[b]But then why would my character have a rap sheet?[/b]

Your character might have committed criminal offences, like stealing or fraud, even more serious things. Criminal offences aren?t recorded on a traffic offence rap sheet. I purposely did that to leave a little mystery in the RPG, if anyone wants their character to be a wanted murderer or something like that.

[b]How will you determine who wins a race?[/b]

Firstly, there will always be an NPC in a race. I will determine who wins the race by how creatively they post during and leading up to the race. If I don't feel any of the players have been creative enough, I will give the win to the NPC. Harsh isn't it? ;)

[center]==========================[/center]

[b][u]General Info:[/b][/u]

Please try to keep your characters real. Even though I did say outlandish in the Inn thread, I don?t mean that someone that works as a bartender has a Ferrari.

And also, with the rating of this RPG being M-LSV, your character can experience the whole ?drugs, sex and rock and roll? scene. Your character can get raped, be on drugs, have a serious car accident during a race or die even. Again, this RPG is based on real life as much as possible and it is up to you guys to choose what path your character will wander down.

I will post the posting order when the sign-ups are closed. There is no limit to the number of people that can join.

[b][u]Posting Order:[/b][/u]

[list]
[*][b]Dare[/b] (Rei AKA Aurora Armeni)
[*][b]Kitty[/b] (Crash AKA Carter Russell)
[*][b]Illusion[/b] (Harry AKA Harrison Said)
[*][b]Sazabi[/b] (Jager AKA Dustin Schneider)
[*][b]Whitey[/b] (Alex AKA Brian Walker)
[*][b]Athena[/b] (Jack AKA Jackie Meyer)
[*][b]The Boss[/b] (Mike AKA Mikali Drossopoulous)
[*][b]Gavin[/b] (Michael Mulcahy)
[*][b]Ezekiel[/b] (Fudokawa, Kanaye)
[*][b]Revelation[/b] (Katrina J Kang)
[*][b]Sakura[/b] (Sakura AKA Chimeiteki Hikari)
[*][b]BlackTigerGurl[/b] (Suki Soma)
[*][b]madwitch5[/b] (JC AKA Josh Clark)
[*][b]Asim[/b] (Hayabusa AKA Asim)
[/list]

This is the posting order for the RPG. I tried to structure it so that everyone had a connection to the person before them and after them, so the story might flow a little smoother than normal.

Now, if the person before you hasn?t posted for a minimum of two days, then you are entitled to post. This is so that the RPG will actually try to continue on.

[b][u]Types of Racing[/b][/u]

My character will be running three types of racing. I?ll try to explain them to the best of my ability.

[b]1. Street Race (AKA Sprint)[/b]

As in the first two movies of Fast and Furious, the aim is all about finishing first in the quickest time possible. However, with this type of racing, I?m going to make it into a Sprint (Need for Speed term) ? more like the type of racing you see in the second Fast and Furious movie. It?s just a race through the streets to a finishing point. It may be a long course, or a short course, who knows. Hopefully, I?ll get a map of Monaco and actually draw the course through it.

Link for more info => [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_racing]Street racing[/URL]

[b]2. Drag Race (AKA Drag)[/b]

This is more of the racing style in the first Fast and Furious movie where people race over a quarter mile strip. This is basically about power and speed, getting to the end at incredible speeds.

Link for more info => [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_race]Drag racing[/URL]

[b]3. Drift Race (AKA Drift)[/b]

This is probably the hardest out of the three. Like the others, it?s about finishing first. However, to race in this type of driving, you have to manoeuvre around tight hairpin bends and other ridiculously sharp corners. The aim is to make the car go sideways enough that you make it around the corner with the car facing straight at the road ahead, at the end of a turn.

Link for more info => [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drifting_%28motorsport%29]Drift racing[/URL]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]Your explanation of an "SMS" at the end of your post didn't really clarify it for me. I still have no idea what it is, and I don't know if I need to know before I post. So, if you could tell me either through PM or by posting here, I'd appreciate it. ^_^;

I bet this means I'm extremely dense, doesn't it? xD[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Kitty][SIZE=1]Your explanation of an "SMS" at the end of your post didn't really clarify it for me. I still have no idea what it is, and I don't know if I need to know before I post. So, if you could tell me either through PM or by posting here, I'd appreciate it. ^_^;

I bet this means I'm extremely dense, doesn't it? xD[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Sorry about that Kitty. I knew I didn't explain it very well. Forgive me, it was at 1am.

Basically the SMS is warning people about the Interpol investigation, telling them to watch for police officers following them or phone/computers bugs.

Also, it's telling people that a race meet will be held tomorrow night (RPG time) and that the type of race that will be running is a street/sprint race. By sign-up, I mean to tell my character Rei if you are going to be competing in the race, and if you are, which car you will be using.

You don't have to include anything related to Interpol in your post if you don't want to - remember, it's your choice. But at least try to acknowledge that you have received the SMS. You don't even have to do that, and then confront my character about being out of the loop. There are many avenues where your character can go.

Is that a bit better?[/size]

[QUOTE=Dare][size=1]Sorry about that Kitty. I knew I didn't explain it very well. Forgive me, it was at 1am.

Basically the SMS is warning people about the Interpol investigation, telling them to watch for police officers following them or phone/computers bugs.

Also, it's telling people that a race meet will be held tomorrow night (RPG time) and that the type of race that will be running is a street/sprint race. By sign-up, I mean to tell my character Rei if you are going to be competing in the race, and if you are, which car you will be using.

You don't have to include anything related to Interpol in your post if you don't want to - remember, it's your choice. But at least try to acknowledge that you have received the SMS. You don't even have to do that, and then confront my character about being out of the loop. There are many avenues where your character can go.

Is that a bit better?[/size][/QUOTE]

It helped me out dark thanks :D

• 4 weeks later...
[size=1][b][u]UPDATE![/b][/u]

Ok everyone. Sorry about the lengthy delay. I have some new announcements.

If you have read my post in the RP thread, then you would have found out that there is no posting order anymore. I decided that the RPG was moving too slowly (if its not already dead) so I've taken away the posting order.

Another thing is that I have set up the thread for the races in the Square. Please read the rules and see the list before we get up to actually posting in that thread.

Other than that I have three words for you guys.

[i]FREE FOR ALL![/i]

[b]- Dare[/b][/size]