Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Has anyone ever heard of the author Robert Jordan? Or has any of you ever read his series "The Wheel of Time", I am on the first book "The Eye of the World" I am loving it so far, but I wanted some feed back on other people...I don't wanna keep reading this book if its just going to be a disappointment...
Posted
i have heard of them....but never read them.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]I don't wanna keep reading this book if its just going to be a disappointment... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Good Gawd, child! How can you start reading a book.... and just stop in the middle?! :wow: You [i]can't[/i] do that! It's like.... sacrilegious, and .. stuff! :p:box:[/color]
Posted
[color=crimson]It sounds really familiar. I think a friend of mine was reading it lately or maybe I saw it at the library. What genre of book is it? I've been on this fantasy kick lately, and I need some good references of stories to read.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i]
[B]

[color=indigo]Good Gawd, child! How can you start reading a book.... and just stop in the middle?! :wow: You [i]can't[/i] do that! It's like.... sacrilegious, and .. stuff! :p:box:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]My thoughts [i]exactly[/i]. Even the books I've hated most, I've muddled through to the end..... And if [i]I[/i] hate a book, well, that's really something.... :o[/FONT]
Posted
[color=crimson]I've totally been on this book CRAZE lately! It's weird for me to get into this kind of mood...but I'm reading 3 books right now, and all day long I lay around and read, and then I eat and read, and then I read and go to sleep. Then I wake up and go to the bathroom and READ all day again. Except now when I'm online...that's my only break. And I usually like all books I read...except Charles Dickens crap....[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i][B][color=crimson]And I usually like all books I read...except Charles Dickens crap....[/color] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Heh. For me, it's Steinbeck. And I'm not all that fond of Hemingway, either....[/FONT]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Heh. For me, it's Steinbeck. [/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I am not alone! Reading Steinbeck just makes me want to take the book and hurl it out the window. I guess part of that could come from the horrible, idiotic teacher I had teaching the class I read him in, but still...[i]The Pearl[/i] was enough to make me want to :angry2:

...but I didn't :angel:[/color]
Posted
[SIZE=1]*singing* It's the eye of the world and you know it and I feel fiiiiiiiine. Six o clock tv hour *trails off not knowing the rest of the words...* Lol, sorry that's just the first thing the popped in my head, though it IS end of the world, eye has three letters just ling end :p Ya... anyways

I havn't read any of those.. Books are one of my least fav subjects, lol.. but my favorite book would prolly be 20000 Leagues Under the Sea ;)[/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=1]And here I thought I was the only person who didn't like Steinbeck and Dickens. "Of Mice and Men' was such a stupid book, I must be the only person on Earth who didn't like it.[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]And here I thought I was the only person who didn't like Steinbeck and Dickens. "Of Mice and Men' was such a stupid book, I must be the only person on Earth who didn't like it.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought it was alright...
Had no real point if my teacher hadn't told us the meaning was subtle, but they all complained so much...
But it was short, sharp and simple (Especially Lennie:D )

*Everyone stares*

Uh, ok, never mind...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Heh. For me, it's Steinbeck. And I'm not all that fond of Hemingway, either....[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

i second that. [I]the grapes of wrath [/I] was pure depressing drudgery imo... i had to force myself not to throw it out the window...
Posted
[FONT=century gothic]My buddy at school is trying to get me to read [i]Of Mice and men.[/i] Not happening anytime soon. I hated [i]The Pearl[/i], and I hated [i]The Red Pony[/i]. Ya know what happens in that book? The pony dies. Yea! Let's go write a flippin BOOK about it.....[/FONT]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]And here I thought I was the only person who didn't like Steinbeck and Dickens. "Of Mice and Men' was such a stupid book, I must be the only person on Earth who didn't like it.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Hehe, never got a chance to "read" that one. *snaps fingers* Darn! 'Tis a shame :rolleyes:[/SIZE]
Posted
[color=crimson]It seems to me that it's mostly the books you're FORCED to read at school that you absolutely hate. But I know that can't be entirely true because some stuff I do enjoy. But the ones that press me for time and don't hold my interest when I'd rather be reading something else are the horrible ones...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]Has anyone ever heard of the author Robert Jordan? Or has any of you ever read his series "The Wheel of Time", I am on the first book "The Eye of the World" I am loving it so far, but I wanted some feed back on other people...I don't wanna keep reading this book if its just going to be a disappointment... [/B][/QUOTE]

I've heard of Robert Jordan. I started reading the Wheel of time series and got to book five but got bored coz nothing was happening - he's on nine now!! The books were good but there is only so much of the same thing I can take. My best mate, however has read all of them and loved them, I guess I just love books that keep you on the edge of your seat. As a fellow fantasy fan I would recommend Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth series that starts with Wizards First Rule. It's the best fantasy series I've read and thats high prise from me as I've read practically all of the modern ones. But I would say stick with it, most people I know who've read it have loved it. :)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Videl~ [/i]
[B]

I've heard of Robert Jordan. I started reading the Wheel of time series and got to book five but got bored coz nothing was happening - he's on nine now!! The books were good but there is only so much of the same thing I can take. My best mate, however has read all of them and loved them, I guess I just love books that keep you on the edge of your seat. As a fellow fantasy fan I would recommend Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth series that starts with Wizards First Rule. It's the best fantasy series I've read and thats high prise from me as I've read practically all of the modern ones. But I would say stick with it, most people I know who've read it have loved it. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks! Well I went on further in the book...and am liking it...Finally is some action...I like the detail he puts in the book...I have yet another question....Is the whole series about Lan, Moraine, Perrin, Thom, Rand, Matt, and the two girls? Or do they change characters with books??


Cera, I agree with you! The Red Pony was stupid!! Whats the point of writing about a pony that dies?? That was a sad book!
Posted
This isn't a book, but I think it's worth reading. It was written a year after I was born. I read it a couple years ago and some people may've already read it.
[url]http://www.ils.unc.edu/gbnewby/code/archive/manifesto.html[/url]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]This isn't a book, but I think it's worth reading. It was written a year after I was born. I read it a couple years ago and some people may've already read it.
[url]http://www.ils.unc.edu/gbnewby/code/archive/manifesto.html[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

the hacker's manifesto... classic... now all we need is the link to the anarchist's cookbook & we'll be set (i know it, but i'm not about to be responsible for what you people would do).
Guest Master O Beans
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]

the hacker's manifesto... classic... now all we need is the link to the anarchist's cookbook & we'll be set (i know it, but i'm not about to be responsible for what you people would do). [/B][/QUOTE]

hehe, then I shall post it :devil:
[url]http://clickit.go2net.com/adclick?cid=173493&area=results.directhit&site=DP&clickurl=http://come.to/anarchy/[/url]

That book is awesome...it even tells you how to get high from eating banana peels...pure genious!:D (although I've never tried...)

**edit**hmm, me just checked that link...and I don't know if they still have the book online for free! those bastards!!:whoops:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...