OtakuBoards

Do you believe in GT?

Cloud_Strife

There's a lot of dispute about wether or not Dragonball GT was an actual DB Series. Some people say it wasn't because Toriyama did not have a whole lot of influence, however he did help out in it, but he did not have complete control. Another argument some have that isn't an actual DB Series is that it was made strictly for money. Some people say it is a DB Series because it was continued by the same company that Toriyama worked for and that Toriyama did help.

But what do you think? Personally I think it has good action in all, but as a series, it's a load a crap!! In my view what they did was steeling Toriyama's work, even if he did help out with the art.

[B]I think it really sucked, the ideas were all there but they tried too hard, I mean SSJ4 was terrible, and so were most of the storylines in the series, the action was slow paced as well(Watch the Evil Shenron Saga you'll see what I mean).[/B]

Guest Altron Gundam
Actually, the fighting scenes were a lot faster than DBZ's. Instead of them staring each other down for 9000 eps.(Freezer, Cell Sagas) DBGT went right ahead on got the action started. The series was good, the people who say its stupid are themselves ignorant because Toriyama did help out. Also, ppl that say he had nothing to do w/ the series are completely wrong. Get your facts straight before you base an opinion. The Super Jinzoningen Junanagou storyline was a great angle, same w/ Bebi Vejita and Evil Shenron...I thought they were a lot better than DBZ's Furiiza Saga...anyway SSJ4 was a great idea...

well, piccolo destroyed shenron in db, so i find it had to believe that it would take more than pan to defeat shenron in gt. the shenron thing seems a little bit to far feched.

Hm....I taped(don't tell anyone)All the DBZ eppies...It took me about....2 days to get through the endless chit-chat in the Vegeta Saga.....Man, before Majin Vegeta fought Goku...That was like 9000 million eppies....At least in GT the chit-chat isn't drawn out. Straight to fistcuffs! But it's to violent for YTV, so they won't air it...Despite my constant e-mails....! :toothy:

Yo,
Ive seen all te gt episodes. I think that the new chara. are a bit idiotic. But i think the story line goes a bit slow. Some of the episodes are really good. The evil shenogong saga was actually pretty good.
Akira actually ( i think), didnt intend to make a GT, but eventualy since people liked DBZ and part of GT , they asked for more.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kakkarot ssj4 [/i]
[B]i beleive the super android saga, bebi saga, n shenlong saga should be split up into three seperate movies.

cause in a series it sortta sucks. movies r always drawn better then the series. know whatta i mean??/ [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]yeah, this would have been ideal, all of the series could have there own seperate movie...but it is too late, oh well:( [/color]

when Android 17(before he becomes Super 17) kills Krillin.:haha: that was a good part, i the best is i think the fusion between ssj4 goku and ssj4 vegeta.

I think GT is ok, but it seems just like another Dragon Ball series. Wow. They have to set out to find the dragon balls. The only thing that makes GT different from DB is:

1.)They have different characters.
2.)this time, they have to search galaxies for them instead of just Earth.
3.)different time line.

That's it. Plus, it get's a little confusing with the timeline. Pan being over 100 years old, Vegita Jr and Goku Jr, it just get's messed up. Plus, it's just around 50 episodes!! It's just like a movie! A very long movie, but it's basically the same thing! I'm not all that thrilled about it. I used to, but not anymore.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]Actually, the fighting scenes were a lot faster than DBZ's. Instead of them staring each other down for 9000 eps.(Freezer, Cell Sagas) DBGT went right ahead on got the action started. The series was good, the people who say its stupid are themselves ignorant because Toriyama did help out. Also, ppl that say he had nothing to do w/ the series are completely wrong. Get your facts straight before you base an opinion. The Super Jinzoningen Junanagou storyline was a great angle, same w/ Bebi Vejita and Evil Shenron...I thought they were a lot better than DBZ's Furiiza Saga...anyway SSJ4 was a great idea... [/B][/QUOTE]
I'm behind u all the way on this one. I liked dbgt. the episodes seemed great, especailly when goku went ssj4. However, it was a bit dull at the beggining, which doomed it for the rest.

no, he is maistaken. they will show GT. i've seen it and it's not too violent. if they can show videl getting her arse kicked by spopovich, they can show GT.