OtakuBoards

5 Things That Make Music Worth Listening To For You

2010DigitalBoy

I know tis sounds weird, but I think it'll be cool. Take any 5 things about music that make it worth listening to for you. Here, lemme show ya.

1. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Computers[/COLOR] - If it weren't for my computer I couldn't save music then I'd have to use CDs, which are a pain in the *** to consantly change. Without streaming capabilities, I just couldn't listen to music. It'd be too much of a hassle

2. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Guitar Solos[/COLOR] - Theres nothing like a rippin solo to make you go 'god damn that is basass!' I just love the sound of a guitar totally tearing the boundaries of capability to shreds.

3. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Lyrics[/COLOR] - I love songs with good music, but I couldn't listen to it without lyrics, it'd just get monotonous. More specifically, I like well-written lyrics.

4. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Volume Control[/COLOR] - Can you imagine what it would be like if you could only listen to music at one volume? That's just insane. When my parents are asleep, the music has to be quieter. During the day, the music is louder, and when I wanna headbang my brains out, I can crank it to the max!

5. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]My Ability To Memorize Things[/COLOR] - I dunno if anyone else has it, but I can memorize a song after hearing it only once or twice. And if it's a good song, chances are I'll memorize all the instuments. As a result I have a rediculously large repitoir of songs to sing ^_^

[B]Tical Blue:[/B]
[QUOTE]I dunno if anyone else has it, but I can memorize a song after hearing it only once or twice.[/QUOTE]

That is cool. :cool: Dude, I can't even memorize my favorite songs. I think I have a problem.

Music is so great, here's my little list:

1. Variety - there's so much diversity in music, makes it interesting
2. Dance - music makes dance so much easier
3. Comfort
4. Lyrics - some lyrics are damm poetic
5. Mood - it just sets the ambiance

Have you guys ever seen any artwork by Kandinsky? A lot of his work is supposed to cause you to think of music (mainly intense classical music). I think his darker paintings does pull off that effect.

Five very important things for music to be meaningful and worth listening to me are this;

1. Atmosphere: This can be and is almost always the most defining piece of information in deciding which band falls into which category, or genre of music shall we say (of course there are other factors). That being the technical side of it, atmosphere is what gives me a multitude of emotions which flood through my brain while listening to any given piece of music. Without atmosphere music would be emotionless. This is why this is the most important reason to why music is worth listening to.

2. Remembrance: The timing of played music can correspond with a certain important life event. This will usually cause a pattern, listening to that certain song will make you think of that certain time and place that you were at and reflect on it. I know we all have songs like that. Of course that moment in this sense of a definition is not always necessarily a good one. But it is the basic reflective quality that music brings us that makes it so important. For example I will never forget listening to William Orbit's album Hello Waveforms, while driving down the south coast of Ireland on the back roads. I will never forget listening to Agalloch - The Mantle on the way back to Canada, from my trip to England. Since music corresponds with past times and places it is another reason as to why music is worth listening to.

3. Quality: The music that I strive to listen to has quality to say the least and seeks to be something out of the norm and is set against or juxtaposed towards mainstream and pop culture (of course that is not always true). What I see music as is something that is made to make oneself better in understanding something, anything, and to connect with it. This means, for the composer of a musical piece, that he needs to make it as beautiful as possible, in his mind of course. Beauty in music comes from many, many different things; beauty from complex simplicity to beauty with just pure complexity. As long as the artist makes the music in a quality standard that is befitting of the actual music, then it will usually have a place in my ever growing collection.

4. Concentration (Intensity): Intensity is a rather great emotion in all due consideration. It is a little bit of a mix between sheer anticipation and just general excitement. It is the climax of a piece that can make all the difference in how you perceive a song. Trust me on this, a climax of any given piece can be absolutely different from the previous song to where if you do not concentrate on the music at hand you will completely miss it and probably the whole point of the song in the process. Concentration of music, along with quality, remembrance and atmosphere is four the biggest reasons as to why music is worth listening to for me so far.

5. Lyrics: This is of course hardly even a reason to listen to music and thus this is why it is listed last on my list, but in all due respect lyrics bring about a very personal flavor to music and what is being said and how it is being sung, be it screaming or whispered, it causes the song to become a bit more then what it was without lyrical content. It can add a message and mean something, or just be completely worthless, lyrics are a hit and miss situation. Not everyone is an amazing song writer or poet and not every song should include lyrics as whole.