OtakuBoards

If your getting a GameCube for Christmas...

shibatku

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Awsome that you found that out, now you can make sure to tell everyone else that gets you money and gifts that you want some GAMECUBE games :naughty:

As for the Modem - no, it has not come out yet, and they are still working on the development and use of it. It will be pretty awsome when it does, and I hope that they make a Super Smash Brothers with the modem capable :drool:

Can't wait. . [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]I thought that you could hook up a normal old dial=up modem to use with the GC? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]No, you can't just hook up any modem to the GCN. Nintendo is coming out with both a 56K Modem and a Broadband Adapter that fits into one of the ports on the bottom of the GCN. Link NorykoAngelcry said, they haven't been released yet. Nintendo is still researching whether it will be profitable to have a network and online games. Nintendo will probably release the modem and Broadband Adapter either when/if they get their network up or when a 3rd party online game is released (such as Fantasy Star Online).

And I would [I]LOVE[/I] a Super Smash Bros. game with online play! Imagine playing in an online tournament with 63 other people! :drool:

[I]Starts slobbering all over his computer.[/I]

:drool: :drool: :drool:[/color]

I never thought about that. Taht would be sweet to play the tourney mode over the internet with other people oyu don't know. But cold there be a problem with like hackers. Or is it just going to connect the GC so you can't breack the line and hack some ones GC. That would really suck if your playing someone in SSB over hte internet and someone hacks your GC and ruins it.

[color=indigo]I think that if Nintendo gets a network up and running, it won't be connected to the internet. They'll probably have their servers, and you'll connect to that to play online games. I really doubt that you'll be able to browse the web on your TV with the GCN.
That, and I don't think you could hack into a GCN. I mean, what would you do even it it is possible? You can't actually damage the system physically. And since you don't have any software on the system, you wouldn't be able to mess with that. You don't have a hard-drive, so you couldn't mess with any files at all. There's just not anything you could screw up.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]No, you can't just hook up any modem to the GCN. Nintendo is coming out with both a 56K Modem and a Broadband Adapter that fits into one of the ports on the bottom of the GCN. Link NorykoAngelcry said, they haven't been released yet. Nintendo is still researching whether it will be profitable to have a network and online games. Nintendo will probably release the modem and Broadband Adapter either when/if they get their network up or when a 3rd party online game is released (such as Fantasy Star Online).

And I would [I]LOVE[/I] a Super Smash Bros. game with online play! Imagine playing in an online tournament with 63 other people! :drool:

[I]Starts slobbering all over his computer.[/I]

:drool: :drool: :drool:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

A 56k modem?! I use that to go on here! Does that mean that I could use the modem I'm using now, to use with the NGC?

P.S I doubt I'll ever be getting a NGC though..... :( :angry2:

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]To be honest, from the little poking around I have done, Nintendo is being pretty hush hush about the whole modem thing. They have not talked about anything from what I have seen, and I think that is the way to go. They don't want to say one thing, and have it disected a million different ways, only to find that they went another way all together, as Nintendo likes to do sometimes ^_^

All in all, I am hopeful that the modem will work really well, and will be very easy to use with the games. I want to see games able to be played over the net vs. people from all over the U.S., the U.K., Australia, Japan, etc. . . that would just rule!!

*waits frantically* :nervous: [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]

A 56k modem?! I use that to go on here! Does that mean that I could use the modem I'm using now, to use with the NGC?

P.S I doubt I'll ever be getting a NGC though..... :( :angry2: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]No, you won't be able to use the modem that you're using with your PC in your GCN too. Nintendo will be selling a 56K Modem and Broadband Adapter that fit into one of the ports on the bottom of the GCN. The modems that are used with PCs deffinatly won't fit in the port on the GCN.

Here's a picture of the 56K Modem (the Broadband Adapter looks the same, only grey) that I found on [url]www.nintendo.com[/url]:[/color]