Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1]I tried this last time to little success, but I'm going to give it a go.

I need a banner, and also, an avatar for an upcoming Otaku Event that will be starting in the next couple of weeks.

The Event is titled 'Otaku Idol 2' and although I can't give many details about it right now, the title suggests that this is going to be a writing competition of some sort.

My only specification is that the banner be 300x100 and have a 1 pixel border around it. Go nuts.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]This is what I have so far, tell me if you like the ideas of any of them and I'll go back and play around some more.

[center][img]http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3999/oi2acopyls1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1973/oi2bcopyza2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7409/oi2ccopynx9.jpg[/img][/center][/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]The final logo is my favorite, and I think you did a really good job on all of them. I would like to downplay the music connection to the event, though, since the Event won't have anything to do with music.. like at all.

Great work.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I re-did number 3, switching the theme of it from Music to Text.

[center][img]http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/4350/oi2dcopypu4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/4558/oi2ecopypd0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5436/oi2fcopybc8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1857/oi2gcopyst7.jpg[/img][/center][/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=SeaGreen]Here are some I made that are more on the abstract side. ^_^

[IMG]http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5158/otakuidol01es4.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5789/otakuidol02eq7.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/3324/otakuidol03ry6.png[/IMG]

If you haven't already decided on one that is. [/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]I don't know if you've decided on a banner or not yet, but I've made a few (well, many) banners. Some have slight adjustments (like colour changes) just to show variety in the type of style I used. I used the same writing stock in every one of these, but I have more, this one is just the one that seemed to work the best with the filters and colours. Let me know what you think, and if you'd like me to work on making them different in any way (colour, placement, text, etc.).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[IMG]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8247/otakuidol2banneridea01copyjg4.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4868/otakuidol2banneridea02copyve4.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9995/otakuidol2banneridea03copybk2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6347/otakuidol2banneridea04copyoa1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7250/otakuidol2banneridea05copybs0.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/290/otakuidol2banneridea06copyty5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3935/otakuidol2banneridea07copyak2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1773/otakuidol2banneridea08copysu0.jpg[/IMG]
Posted
[FONT=Tahoma]So, like, I'm kinda fooling around with Photoshop and might be able to produce a wittle baby within a day or two .... unless you've already found what you're looking for *peers at your comment on White's work* :<

You didn't put any kind of definite date (aside from mentioning the competition'd start up in a couple of weeks) so that adds to my hesitation.

.... Though seeing as you only posted this barely 2 days ago I shouldn't be fretting, eh? :animeswea [/FONT]
Posted
[size=1]Oh wow. Thanks everyone.

I'm still open to any more contributions, since right now I'm having a lot of trouble picking out the ones I think will work best, and everyone's entries have been great.

You have well over a week to work on this if you want, Mimmi, so don't worry.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[quote name='Mimminx][FONT=Tahoma']So, like, I'm kinda fooling around with Photoshop and might be able to produce a wittle baby within a day or two .... unless you've already found what you're looking for[/FONT][/quote] [COLOR=maroon]So you're just going to abort it?! =O[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='AzureWolf][COLOR=maroon']So you're just going to abort it?! =O[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Tahoma]I don't abort my babies. They all get to roam around freely in my computer once they're birthed.[/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][center][img]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5117/otakuidol2gz5.jpg[/img]

Less bare alternative:
[img]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7384/otakuidol2cio3.jpg[/img][/center][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT=Tahoma]Mine totally sucks but I had fun! Arigato, Shy-sama :catgirl:[/FONT]


[CENTER][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25850&stc=1[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25851&stc=1[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25853&stc=1[/IMG][/CENTER]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well there can only be one graphic and I'd like to at least make an attempt, so here goes:

[IMG]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/OtakuIdol.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Mimminx][FONT=Tahoma']Mine totally sucks but I had fun! Arigato, Shy-sama :catgirl:[/FONT][/quote]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]I'd have to disagree with you, I love that Hobbes one. I don't know why. Maybe it's the simplicity of it. lol.

It's looks as if Shy is going to have a tough time choosing one, eh? Glad I don't have to make the decision. :animesmil [/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I say Shy needs even more choices so with that in mind...

[IMG]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4413/otakuidol01dw5.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5377/otakuidol02lt6.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1427/otakuidol03cv6.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6889/otakuidol04fe0.png[/IMG] [/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]Thank you all for your contributions, I've decided to use a single banner from each person who contributed. So every week of the event we will have a new banner. We will start with White, and then just go down the list from there.

Thanks again.

-Shy[/size]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...