OtakuBoards

PS2 mecha combat

Outlaw

I know that there are alot of Mecha-combat games out there. Well, not really, just a few. But i want to know which ones are the best. I have pretty much narrowed it down to Armored Core 2: Another Age, and ZOE. Which do you think is the best?

Well Z.O.E is awesome, but it only has a few hours of gameplay, and not much customizability. You get a plasma machine gun-type thing, a plasma sword, and then can choose from some secondary weapons. Feels like a mech-castlevania almost. Anyway Armored Core 2 is probably better to buy. Lots of missions, you can customize your mech any way you want (I have plain AC2, not another age but it's the same thing). Once you beat ZOE you unlock the vs mode, but that's about it, you'll probably grow tired of it fast =\. AC2 is more technical stuff tho, choosing parts for your mech and coloring them, so if u don't want to think much, might want to stay away from AC2.

I'd say Armoured Core 2. I've been a big fan of the AC series since way back, and AC2 just blows the other Mech games out of the water. I was disapointed with Z.O.E., I thought it was a pretty good game, but when it finished, It was a really jagged ending, like they'd left out the rest of the game or something... AC2, now there's a long game... And fun, too... There's a billion different Mechs you can make, alll fully customisable... And there's the cool Arena mode, too...

So It depends what you want. A short game where you can't customise anything, or a long game where you build your mech from scratch..

I have to say Armoured Core 2. It blows the other games up in flames, and overall, I think it is a better game. But most of the people I know have bought themselves Z.O.E, just because [i]they[/i] think [i]this[/i] is a better game.