OtakuBoards

Tales of the Abyss

queenbakura

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"][quote name='Magus]Hm, then it must've been me and my paronia about some of the enemies. I spent a lot of time grinding. Legretta was a beast. (She freaked me out) Since my first encounter with her I fought atleast 6-8 battles before progressing to another area. :) I also think I might've done quite a few of the side missions. [spoiler]Collecting all of those rocks for Jade as well as collecting those books for Luke and techniques for Guy[/spoiler']. Glad to hear you had fun with the game though. It's also good to see that you and everyone else is more tolerant than I XD[/quote]Other than the technique for Guy, I never got around to those other side quests. I didn't even do the costumes as I only picked up one and that was for Tear.

Instead I ended up [spoiler]getting the mushroom for the medicine for Luke's mother and getting the two upgrades for the Albiore. Both areas for the fonstone for that had positively absurd monsters that nearly did me in many times.[/spoiler] It didn't help that I got turned around and a bit lost in both areas. Though I did pick up a ton of experience so by the time I went for the final area, I had literally gone from around level 60 to 68.

As for Luke, it wasn't that I was any more tolerant. It was learning that [spoiler]he was, on account of being a replica, seven years old. Yes he was whiny, yes he was irritating, but what seven year old [I]isn't[/I] at times?[/spoiler] I never could look at him the same after learning that paticular detail and therefore, in my mind, he lost any power he had to be truly annoying. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing this thread become active again only reminded me that I hadn't finished this game yet. So I started it up and finally did since I was so close. Most of my impression about it is similar to [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR]'s since other than the very last boss I didn't have a lot of issues with the final dungeon.

Brief notes are that I enjoyed it well enough. I'll probably get around to a second play through one of these days. Not right now but eventually. I didn't have any major complaints with it.

Oh and I did even less side quests since my final stats were characters at about 65 and total time spent on the game was 60 hours. I have around 3,000 in grade so hopefully that will be enough to purchase lots of good stuff for the next time around.

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]As for Luke, it wasn't that I was any more tolerant. It was learning that [spoiler]he was, on account of being a replica, seven years old. Yes he was whiny, yes he was irritating, but what seven year old [I]isn't[/I] at times?[/spoiler] I never could look at him the same after learning that paticular detail and therefore, in my mind, he lost any power he had to be truly annoying. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Would it help if I said I can't stand seven year olds? :animeswea

Also, I forgot to note that I was following a walkthrough. (cheater XD) Collecting all the items and stuff, or rather I collected majority of the items. Everything on Eldrant, I practically skipped.

Side Quests.. I did not do any costume collecting for Tear. I found no reason to do so. I didn't do that cooking side quest for Tear either. Basically, if it didn't involve fighting I didn't do it. Speaking of fighting. [spoiler]I also didn't fight anymore big monster thingy's. I think that it was said that there were 4 giant monsters or something throughout the game to get some item(s) or something like that.[/spoiler]

So yeah, I did do quite a few side quests.... Oh yeah, perhaps 8-10 of those hours could be shredded down since I did leave the game on while I was on the computer trying to find out about the Field of Fonons stuff. It's still the longest game I've played though.

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Magus']Would it help if I said I can't stand seven year olds? [/quote]It would for me. =P Not that I can't stand them, but rather I can easily see how he was annoying as hell. It wasn't enough to stop me from starting over now that I've beaten the game (finally). But at times you just want to kick his butt out of your party. lol

Now, I'm running on double experience among other things and this time I'm going to use a guide to go for some of those other quests that I ignored the first time through. Obviously I did enjoy it enough to make playing it again worthwhile. [/FONT]

[quote name='Nathan][FONT="Arial"']Obviously I did enjoy it enough to make playing it again worthwhile. [/FONT][/quote]Same here, as annoying and whiny as Luke got, it's not anywhere near enough to keep me from playing it again. It's certainly a lot more fun with the bonus stuff you can buy with the grade you earned the first time through. Like double experience and money.

Last time getting money was just a royal pain in the butt until I got something you can equip to increase it by 50%. So to have more upfront removes one of the biggest irritations I had the first time around. The same with the experience. Though to counter that a little I do have it set to hard instead of normal.

The first time through I avoided the side quests since they're often harder than the final boss so this time I plan on catching them all. Though that means I should look into a guide before I get too far along and miss out. That would kind of suck if I had to start over again. ^^

• 1 year later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"][url="http://www.talesunion.com/news/tales-of-the-abyss-3ds-announced--1296.html"]3DS Port Announced[/url].

Now excuse me while I slowly and tearfully come to the realization that Namco Bandai is going to be a bunch of lame jerks and not localize it, meaning I won't get my wish of a potable version of the best Tales battle system yet (Sorry, Radiant Mythology. I love you, but it annoys me that I can't use the thumbstick to activate Artes).[/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'm just still kind of bemused at the announcement. It's easily one of the most out of left field announcements I've heard in quite some time.

But, other than that, I'm not too excited for the reasons you already stated. [That, and nothing can really top the announcement of Megaman Legends 3 for me.][/font][/color]