OtakuBoards

Mod Chip???

kizu

My exchange student sent a GC Deluxe from Japan to me in teh US and I found out if didn't work after all. It would play her Cds from Japan but it wouldn't play my GC games I got for Christmas. And I remember hearing the a mod chip might be able to fix that. So I was wondering if that would fix it. And where I could get my hands on a mod chip.

Well I know that [url]http://modchips.fbibbes.com[/url] have GameCube mod chips. But the reason that you can't find them in stares very often is because the GameCube has just been released, and the mod chips are being made for it. :(

I was wanting to know if anyone knew a place to get a Game Cube Deluxe mod chip. I had it sent from Japan and it doesn't play American disk. So I think I needa mod chip to fix that problem. But I don't even think they hav Game Cube Deluxe mod chips out on the market yet. So would someone please tell me if they come out with a Game Cube Deluxe mod chip. And where to find it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]You don't really need a mod chip for the job...but you do need to have a japanese GCN to do it...other than that...try

[url]www.upstategames.com[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey man, that's where I'm getting that Pre-Modified GameCube thing. But not for a while yet..... :(q

Hey Rico the Panasonic Q thing is what I have. And what do I need then for it to play my American Software if I don't need a mod chip. And I already have it so I can't just order one that has been fixed. So what do I do. Just wait until they come out with mod chips or another kind of chip that will translate it???

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]Hey Rico the Panasonic Q thing is what I have. And what do I need then for it to play my American Software if I don't need a mod chip. And I already have it so I can't just order one that has been fixed. So what do I do. Just wait until they come out with mod chips or another kind of chip that will translate it??? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Okay, Kizu. Here are your options:

1. Try to get your Q modified (chipped) by someone in America. You'd probably have to go to some backyard, underground dude tho lol...I don't know if you can send your Q in to an actual company or anything.

2. Sell your Q on Ebay and use the money to buy an American GameCube.

3. Import Japanese games for the rest of your life.

That's just about all you can do, really.

I suggest that you sell your Q on Ebay or privately...you may even receive enough money to buy an American GCN and a game as well :)[/color][/size]

James I found something else out about this. What the problem is that the disk Spin at differnent speeds. But the language problem is not a problem. We found a menu that will let you change every thing to english. But the disk still spin in a different speed. So I need to find a way to fix that.

• 3 weeks later...
My Q is no longer an 500 paper weight!!!:D :D :D Or well it won't be less than a week. I am sending it to Maryland and a company will mod it and send it back the very next day. I will cost about $40 plus shipping and handdling. So if I spend another $60 I will be able to play my Q. I think I will do the 2 day shipping on it. And it takes about 30 min to install the mod chip. So after I do that I will have spent a grand total of about

$500 the console
2500 yen for the sencond controller
4810 yen for the adapter (to change the wattage)
$180 shipping
$100 2 games
$60 mod chip

A little estimate conversions
2500/110= about $23
4810/110= about $44

so my grand total for my Q is over $900 (this includes the 2 games)

So I have made a pretty good sized investment here if I do say so myself. over $900 for a game system. I could have bought almost 4 normal GC for that price.

I thikn I have quite an investment here.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i think you have a peice of crap to be honest... you have a $200 system, $100 game...

ill admit you got a deal on the controler thou since they are $35 here, but you end up paying like $550 for a DVD player... while panasonic is a great brand but even there top of the line at target isnt over $250...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I would have to agree Kuja. But my brother thought that instead of getting a regular GC to get a Panasonic Q because it has a DVD (even though I already have a DVD player) player. I just wanted a GC. My only problem now is that instead of sending my GC there my brother will do it himself because he just needs a switch from Radio Shack (he works there). But we can't find a installing page so that he doesn't know how to put the switch inplace. So we are in a but of trouble. So like normal I am asking for the wise people of Otaku to help he out and find a page that tells you how to install a "mod chip" in a Panasonic Q.