Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Citius Altius Fortius: The Underground [PG]


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma']Hey, DH. Mind if I ask what's up with changin Alex's magic minor from support to blue after the RP has started? I wasen't aware that was allowed.[/font][/quote]

Duh, Doublehex is the creator of this game, so he can do whatever he wants - under the restriction of the OB rules, of course. ;P
Posted
[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Well, this RP is taking back it's rightful place as one of the most posted RPs ever and is taking it back with vengence... rawr. >:3

Anyway, I hope some more fights happen soon because I want to show how Aizen fights with her Javilen and Wind Magi... good God, I love writing fight scenes... that and making out scenes. Don't ask why, it's jst what I do. >.>;

Well, I wanted to post a picture of Aizen's Javilen so you all know what it looks like.

[URL=http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/741/celticspearnh1.jpg]Aizen's Javilen[/URL]

I also wanted to apply that it's more of a green and silver colour, with golden designs etched around the staff and jewels tied around by the blade.

She's so shy and so design oriented. ;D[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Sandy']Duh, Doublehex is the creator of this game, so he can do whatever he wants - under the restriction of the OB rules, of course. ;P[/quote]

[font=tahoma]*shrugs* Dunno, guess it just seemed a little unfair to me. But if it's allowed then it's allowed, what can I do.

But in any case, glad we've finally hit a point in the RP where it's nice an action packed. Been waiting a while to use some magic.[/font]
Posted
Well folks, DH mentioned he wanted to work on the magic system. I've been slaving over a hot notepad, doing just that. Of course, this is subject to his final approval, but I want you all to see what I've got. I also [i]*need*[/i] to know if something doesn't make sense, as DH often has a hard time getting my concepts and things I'm trying to tell him, and vice-versa. I think it's a syntax barrier, but it seems to run deeper than that. I dunno.

Anyway, here's what I got.

*Attached*

Please folks, I need some feedback. It is kinda late, and I've got that feeling like I've gone and left something unadressed but can't think of it, so if there's any questions on how something works in my ideascape, lemme know.

EDIT: Erk! Forgot something that I just noticed! File updated with addition at 11:45 PM PST, Dec 10th.
Posted
[FONT=Tahoma]Makes sense to me, dunno what would be so hard to understand bout that. I think we all pretty much had the same ideas in our heads concerning it as we post. Good work though, as for leaving something out...it's possible (it's quite early and I'm rushing to get our for class) but from what I read everything looks good.[/FONT]
Posted
[color=navy]Meh, I don't think I have a problem with any of it.

Though, we don't always actually have to pull these Magi crystals out do we? That would get a bit tiresome, plus what would you do if someone took it away?

Though if I am understanding it right (which I'm not sure if I am), these crystals are just physical manifestations of the powers right? And aren't necessarily needed to be held for the power to work? Because for Summoners they'd probably rack up a few of them for their different Summons.

Bah, I dunno. I feel stupid and confused. Don't mind me~...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE=Sakura][color=navy]Meh, I don't think I have a problem with any of it.

Though, we don't always actually have to pull these Magi crystals out do we? That would get a bit tiresome, plus what would you do if someone took it away?

Though if I am understanding it right (which I'm not sure if I am), these crystals are just physical manifestations of the powers right? And aren't necessarily needed to be held for the power to work? Because for Summoners they'd probably rack up a few of them for their different Summons.

Bah, I dunno. I feel stupid and confused. Don't mind me~...[/color][/QUOTE]


I had always figured that so long as we had them on us, like in a pocket or whatever. It would be just as effective.

-I'll hit up a cpu on campus later on, gotta run now.
Posted
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Well, in my opinion, from my recent post, I have my Magi crystals attached to two platinum rings. Of course the Magi crystals are small sinse they're in a ring but that's the approach that I took with it.[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
My thoughts were that it had to be in physical contact with you, or something you're wearing. The only issue with that would be like if someone were to stuff a satchel full of them. But a couple in a pocket is cool. Set in jewelry is good too.
Posted
[color=navy]But that's what I'm finding the problem to be. What if someone takes away said Magi crystal, then they're left powerless, no? And like I said, there is the Summoner's problem if they have many, though I guess you could keep putting them in jewellery...[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Sakura][color=navy']But that's what I'm finding the problem to be. What if someone takes away said Magi crystal, then they're left powerless, no? And like I said, there is the Summoner's problem if they have many, though I guess you could keep putting them in jewellery...[/color][/quote]

[font=tahoma]Well i suppose you could compare it to materia slots from FFVII, in which there were more then 1 slot possible for a piece of armor or a weap. It could be whatever the user's choice is. Though when it comes to summoning, according to a part of the backstory there are relics and non-magi entities that can be used. For instance back in CAF1 Kyosuke's cross was an ancient relic handed down to him by his father that contained a summon.[/font]
Posted
[color=darkslategray][size=1]If you want to compare it to Matera, think of FF:AC. I think I remember Kadaj drawing the materia into his body and pretty much making it unsteal-able. Meh. He drew it into his forearms.[/color][/size]
Posted
I suppose now is as good a time as any to finnaly clarify what I had in mind for the magic system of the magi.

First, let me say this: this is not magic as we are used to it. There is no incantations; there's not any hand motions, rune carving, prayers to the gods or anything else of the sort.

Magic is [i]not[/i] divine power here.

Magic is a science.

There a set of rules of how to access the power of the magi; but they are scientific theories and equations, not spiritual words.

Keep that in mind when using your magi.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]I just wanted to say that Aizen has given up on Syrus (probably) and now has feelings for Kristos. I dunno, but it seems he's just ignoring her lately, even though she tries to show her feelings.

But it's just the way he acts, I guess... men.

Go figure.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
Okay, time to do this. I'm sorry everybody - especially Doublehex - but I'm going to have to drop out of this RPG. I hate to do this because I'm not a quitter type, but this time it's different...

It's [I]not[/I] due to time restrains, but because I feel that the pace of the game (not the flow of time, but the multitude of happenings going on) is just too fast for me to keep up and to incorporate my characters into it in any way. I tried, but then the character I was interacting with (Engel's Kristos) was swept away to completely other events, so I felt neglected.

To put it bluntly, I couldn't find my characters any place in this game, and much of it is my own fault. I should've been more active in putting my characters "on the line", but I failed to do that and now I feel it's too late. I don't know what the heck is going on in the game anymore, everybody's just doing their own stuff (flirting, fighting, powering up) in it without much focus. There's just no reason for me to force my characters into that equation.

So again, I'm sorry, and I'm not blaming anyone for this except myself, but I'm out.
Posted
[QUOTE=Sandy]Okay, time to do this. I'm sorry everybody - especially Doublehex - but I'm going to have to drop out of this RPG. I hate to do this because I'm not a quitter type, but this time it's different...

It's [I]not[/I] due to time restrains, but because I feel that the pace of the game (not the flow of time, but the multitude of happenings going on) is just too fast for me to keep up and to incorporate my characters into it in any way. I tried, but then the character I was interacting with (Engel's Kristos) was swept away to completely other events, so I felt neglected.

To put it bluntly, I couldn't find my characters any place in this game, and much of it is my own fault. I should've been more active in putting my characters "on the line", but I failed to do that and now I feel it's too late. I don't know what the heck is going on in the game anymore, everybody's just doing their own stuff (flirting, fighting, powering up) in it without much focus. There's just no reason for me to force my characters into that equation.

So again, I'm sorry, and I'm not blaming anyone for this except myself, but I'm out.[/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Sandy, i'd be more than happy to help the twins out. There's nothing planned that involves interaction for Syrus as far as the next few posts go, i can imcorporate them in some way. I'd hate to see you drop out because you feel your not involved enough.

Truthfully, i was hoping you would have played off Syrus and Circes's only run in in some way because i wanted to get them to know each other sometime in the future. I sort of had something in mind, but it's up to you. [/font]
Posted
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I guess while this thread is hot for the moment, i'd like to point out a tidbit of fact from [color=indigo]Sandy[/color]:[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Sandy'] ...the pace of the game (not the flow of time, but the multitude of happenings going on) is just too fast for me to keep up and to incorporate my characters into it in any way. [/quote][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]That, added to the additional fact that we seem to be pushing everything into two (2) flippin' days is really too much. Really. We [all] need to pay better attention to the day and time; just because you want to interact with a character during a certain hour doesn't mean that the hour needs to be stretched out in a day; we never had this problem in CAF I.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]This is one of the reasons that I 'woke up' on the 35th instead of the 34th - [color=indigo]Things are beginning to get confusing[/color].[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I, however, am not quitting but I can emphathise with how [color=indigo]Sandy's[/color] feeling.[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[font=tahoma]BK? I'm not involved, lol. My next post leads into the next day though which is why I've been holding off a bit (also i've been waiting to see Kitty's next post). But yeah, i pointed out a couple of days ago how much we've progressed in only 2 days already, we should start moving. But i guess you can't help it when you got a school full of egos and hormones, lol.[/font]
Posted
[quote name='BKstyles'] But i guess you can't help it when you got a school full of egos and hormones, lol [/quote]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I second that opinion, [color=indigo]BK[/color]. [color=darkred]=D[/color][/color][/size][/font]
Posted
Okay, I need to ask why no one is posting now. I mean, I gave everyone ample opportunities to have as many options as possible, but no one is taking them!

So, guys, what's up with that?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...