Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Anyone else seen this?

It's a movie co-written by and starring Weird Al Yankovic. The premise is that Al's character is a man with an incredibly vivid imagination, but he can't hold a job. [spoiler]That is, until his uncle wins a small UHF station in a game of cards. He gets put in charge of the programming, and hilarity ensues. Eventually, his uncle gets in debt with the mob, and they need to earn money to keep the station.[/spoiler]

I saw it with my friends a while ago, and couldn't stop laughing. It's a bit dated, but it is now my favorite movie due to it's sense of humor, storyline, and proof that Micheal Richards was once funny.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]Added spoiler tags. -Clurr[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=darkred][size=1]God YES.

UHF is one of the single greatest movies ever, solely due to its obscenely ridiculous humor. [spoiler]The Poker Tourney midget? Spraying the kdis off the horse with the Firehose?[/spoiler] And of course, Weird Al's hilarious and mostly one-of-a-kind daydream sequences.

And what's more, isn't the DVD one of those el cheapo $5.99 ones? That's just one more reason to buy it! Sure, the special features are probably nill and the quality isn't that great, but its cheap and its hilarious. Highly recommended.

--Chris[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]Added spoilers. -Clurr[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
Haha i finally got to see that movie. Im a huge Weird Al fan myself(just got a white and nerdy shirt and the weird al show on DVD) and seeing that movie made me laugh till my stomach hurt. I loved when [spoiler]Al is Rambo[/spoiler]. That scene is hilarious. Its a good movie and as stated above its only a $5.99 type movie because of the year it was released!
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo]
Added spoilers. -Clurr[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[FONT=Arial]I'd just like to remind everyone to PLEASE use spoiler tags when posting. Remember, not everyone has seen this movie. Please read the [U][URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56262]Music, Movies & TV guidelines[/URL][/U], and feel free to PM me or any other moderator if you have any questions.[/FONT]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[quote name='Clurr][FONT=Arial]I'd just like to remind everyone to PLEASE use spoiler tags when posting. Remember, not everyone has seen this movie. Please read the [U][URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56262]Music, Movies & TV guidelines[/URL][/U'], and feel free to PM me or any other moderator if you have any questions.[/FONT][/quote]
Sorry 'bout that. I didn't realize exactly how strict the spoiler tag rule is. I thought that if it didn't reveal the outcome... But I've been wrong before (frequently) and you're the mod, so I'll try to use tags when I'm not sure. Thanks for the warning!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...