Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hello? Hi, I wanted to say that I am expeiriencing problem getting into my private messages. I click on it and it gives me a database error page. I am not quite sure what's going on so if anyone out there can help me that would be great! Thank you!
[CENTER]
~A Steel-winged Angel~[/CENTER]
Posted
I had the same problem although I was blocked from accessing Otakuboards as a whole for a short while. It's fine now but the error screen said that the database was suffering minor problems and was annoying.
Posted
[quote name='Steel-Winged Angel']Yeah mine blocked it all together too. Well at first. then I managed to get back on. So it's better now? But i still can't access my PM's![/quote]
[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Tahoma]What could be so important in those pm's that you're freaking out this much?

No, but seriously, this happened over the summer and it was fixed in no time, so don't sweat it.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE=Lava Lamp][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Tahoma]What could be so important in those pm's that you're freaking out this much?

No, but seriously, this happened over the summer and it was fixed in no time, so don't sweat it.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'm not freakin' out. It's just annoying.
Guest NIKI12345
Posted
Yeah I'm having that problem too. I agree its anoying. When will it be fixed. I really need to look at my new messages.
Posted
[quote name='NIKI12345']Yeah I'm having that problem too. I agree its anoying. When will it be fixed. I really need to look at my new messages.[/quote]

I was conversing with a friend when mine corrupted. I hope it gets fixed soon.
Posted
[color=#4B0082]I'm not sure what's happened. Earlier today when I tried to log on to OB I got a database error and couldn't even view the main page. I tried theOtaku and myOtaku and also got errors, though the pages still loaded. After a few minutes I could view OB again but the PMs didn't work, like for everyone else.

I don't know much about mySQL or databases, so I couldn't say what the problem is, but I'll let people know if I find out what's up with the PMs.[/color]
Posted
[color=#656446]^ I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch if I were you. There's always e-mail.

BTW, I've got a feeling that the single, unread, unreachable message in my Inbox is a glitch that resulted from this "database error." [/color]
Posted
[quote name='Steel-Winged Angel']O.k. I can now cross out that my computer is acting up. Shouldn't the Technical staff or something be on this problem?[/quote]

[font=arial]Unfortunately we don't have the resources at the moment. We have only one "technical staff" member - Justin. But Justin has been too busy with other things to really focus on the smaller help requests at OB right now.

The only option I really have (if either myself or one of the other staff members doesn't have an answer for you) is to speak with Adam about the issue. Adam is not terribly familiar with Virtual Bulletin to my knowledge though, but you never know...between us we might be able to sort it out.[/font]
Guest NIKI12345
Posted
yeah I have one unread message eathier. What about you guys.
Posted
[color=#4B0082]Okay, so I ran the database table repair thing in the admin control panel and it seems to be working again. I can access my PMs, send/receive them, etc. If anyone is still having problems or notices anything that's not quite right, post in here and let me know.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...