OtakuBoards

Devil Children Story [PG]

Doublehex

[color=white]The boy with the spear charged at the man. His footwork has full of holes in its defense: one wrong move, one slip, and he would be hitting the dirt. He was moving so fast it would be a miracle if he could maneuver in a direction other than straight ahead. His weapon could easily be swiped out of his hand.

But the boy, who Matt would later discover was named Kain, was willing to try. He had a sort of patriotism in his ancestry that the greatness of battle had unlocked within him. He had loved the history of his people, but now, he truly was a Spartan. It was like he was on the famed fields of Thermopylae, one of King Leonidas? three hundred bodyguards against the massive Persian army.

But like his ancestors thousands of years ago, Kain was destine to lose. Job stepped back, and plunged his spear into the ground. It bent, and Job lunged forward. The velocity of the spear sent the bagged man flying towards Kain. In one swift motion, he grabbed Kain?s face, and pushed his body into the ground. Job pushed himself off of Kain?s face, leaped into the air, and landed squarely on Kain?s stomach.

Kain screamed.

Job stepped off of Kain?s shivering body. Using one of his bare feet, he, like a monkey, grabbed Kain?s face and threw him into the air. Job leaped upwards, landing a mighty punch right into Kain?s back. He grabbed one of his legs, twirled him around for a bit, and sent him flying into the ground.

Somebody screamed his name and ran towards him.

Job landed on the flat end of his spear.

?It appears I have waited much too long to give you the BIGGEST ASS WHOOPING IN YOUR LIVES!? He hopped to the ground. ?Kinda makes you wonder when Death is going to show up.?

[center]*[/center]

In a hospital off of one of Texas? many beaches, the spirit of a woman watched in the final moments of a soon to be mother giving birth. The woman was clothed in all black; spaghetti straps, baggy jeans, shoes, you name it. In fact, she was basically the incarnation of everything that Goths stood before. The only exceptions were piercings: those things scared the crap out of here.

Eventually, the baby?s head popped up. Or at least, the earliest perceptions of the child?s hair. The spirit bent down, he black lips inches from the baby?s head. And she breathed, the icy blue air escaping from her lungs into the baby.

She crept back and watched for a little while longer as the mother pushed the child completely out. It cried its first cry.

The woman stretched, and turned around, her work done, when she bumped into someone. The man, who was also a spirit, looked more like a weird sort of zombie. His black hair was in dreadlocks, his skin much paler than the woman?s. He had a long face.

?Dream,? the woman quarried, her hands on her hips, ?whatcha need??

?He said that Job is causing trouble.?

?Oh not again,? the woman sighed with obvious contempt. ?Do you have any idea how busy he made me? Honestly, why can?t He just let me end him??

?Everyone has their time, Death. But we need to intervene.?

?Intervene? When was the last time any of us intervened on anything we weren?t here for??

?Since Devil Children awoke.?

?That?s interesting. Where? How much??

?Boston-Two for your first, and as for your second, well, you can find out when you get there.?

?You?re always to be a tease, Dream.?

?It?s what I?m here for. Now come on.?

?Now? But I can?t! I still have a funeral in Tokyo! And Guatemala! And in New York, there are babies to be born! I can?t leave now! It will put the whole circle of life in danger.?

?You have the grim reapers, don?t you??

?But the whole ceremony out of it? They are always so quick to rush the dying grand father?s final goodbyes to his crying children! And they don?t even fall into the whole ceremonious occasion of the wonder of birth! They just breathe life into them in one, quick, motion! They don?t do it with caution and care!?

?The Lord wants us there.?

?Why me though? I don?t fight! That?s you and Destruction?s department!?

Dream sighed. ?To keep me in line.?

?So I?m a baby sitter now.?

?You do love those babies.?

?That?s not the point.?

?Come on Death,? he added, this time pulling on her.

?Fine, fine, let?s go!?

[center]*[/center]

KKain didn?t move. He didn?t speak. He didn?t talk or walk or breathe or did anything at all. He just stood there, his eye gaping wide at the sky, like his whole body was frozen in time. He didn?t even shiver!

Was he even dead? Or was he trapped somewhere between life and death, like a zombie? Matt didn?t want to believe in zombies, but neither did he want to believe that his right hand had morphed into a claw. He didn?t want to believe that there was this crazed lunatic that was probably going to kill the all. He didn?t want to believe that the sky was night when it should be clear as day; he didn?t want to believe that no pedestrians or cars were on the streets.

But that didn?t mean they were true. Maybe his wish to disbelieve them made them all the more true.

What was going on? Where was everybody? Where they still dazed? Or dead even?

Was this all Matt?s fault? He didn?t know how it could have happened, but maybe something he did had caused all of this to happen. That was possible, right?

If that was the case, then as much as Matt didn?t even want to consider it, he had to end it. But how? He was a scared shitless kid with a claw for an arm. What was he going to do, scratch that guy to smithereens?

?I need a weapon,? he said. As if to answer his call, Matt felt a weight in his hands. He looked down, to see two curved, large blades in his arms. The blades seemed to be layered and layered upon until the crafted had something of a chainsaw in design. They were colored red and blue. The hilt had the carvings of heads on them. They too, were red and blue in tint.

?What the?hell is this?

?Actually master, the correct term would be these??

Matt screamed. He dropped the blades, and crawled away from them.

?Well, thanks a lot Agni! Now you scared him shitless!?

?I didn?t mean to,? replied the blue hilt in its defense. ?I was explaining to him why he was grammatically incorrect in calling us ?this?.?

?You?re making as much sense as a Gnostic. Now shut up!?

?What the hell is going on??

The heads twisted on their hilts to face Matt. ?Well master, you summoned us.?

Matt stared at the blue blade. ?I did what??

?Simple,? muttered the red blade. ?You. SUMMONED. US.?

?How the hell can you guys even talk? What the hell is going on? What happened? Why is my hand clawed??

?How we talk? Well, we just do.?

?Basically, this insane, Job, he goes around killing random folks. You guys are his next target.?

?You, the ten of you, are Devil Children. And you?ve woke up.?

?And it was a damn long nap too! How long does your demon need to sleep for, huh??

?Oh, and as for your hand, well, that?s Magni?s handiwork.?

The information went over Matt?s head.

?What??

?Okay, I?ll keep it simple for you. We are yours to kick major ass with. Simple, no??

Matt nodded nervously at the red. ?I?guess.?

?Good, now how about you start with killing Job there??

?Brother, he can?t ??

?Shut up Agni!?

Matt nervously picked up the swords. ?Agni? You guys have names.?

?Master, please! That?s insulting.?

?Okay look, the blue one, the one that can?t keep his mouth shut and makes as much sense as a calculus teacher. That?s Agni. I?m Rudra.?

?Okay??

Agni spoke. ?Now, why don?t we try to dispose of Job there??

?And how do we, or I, uh, I mean, us, propose we do that??

?You let us handle that.?

?You sure?Rudra??

?POSITIVE!? they both announced.

?Just charge.?

?We?ll handle the rest.?

?I have a bad feeling about this??

?JUST DO IT!!?

And so, Matt did. He didn?t know how, or why, but before he knew it, he was charging at Job at top speed, his back hunched as his feet sped across the damp grass. The two blades were mere inches from the ground: Agni divided the glass perfectly, wind emitting from it. On the opposite end, grass was burnt on Rudra?s side.

He was upon Job in mere moments. Job grabbed his spear, and was easily blocking all of Matt?s barbaric attacks. He spun his spear, and sent Matt hurtling back onto the grass. Matt flipped backwards, and was charging at Job again, his attacks even more ferocious than ever.

Job sent his palm slamming into Matt?s cheek, and the boy spun, and Job sent a ferocious kick Matt?s way, sending him to the ground. Matt pushed Job off of him, and leaped towards him. Job, as expected, blocked all of Matt?s attacks, and the masked man showed no sign of being dazed.

Matt latched onto Job?s spear, and leaped off. He was now a good distance out of the spear?s range. Matt stood up straight, while Job was crouched, his knees bent, all bestial like.

The heads of Agni and Rudra began to glow, and instantly wind began to form around Matt, almost like a tornado. Flames emitted from Rudra, and they merged with the wind, forming a combination few ever thought they would of have seen beyond fantasy.

The wind-fire lunged for Job, and he leaped out of the way with a hyperactive back flip. He dodged beneath another, and leaped forwards beneath a final cyclone imbued with fire.

Job rushed for Matt, his legs and right hand crawling across the grass. His left hand held the spear high.

Matt brandished Agni and Rudra, and the blades and spear met. Job, with a great push, sent Matt staggering backwards, but he met all of Job?s lunges and swipes with deadly accuracy. For every swipe, one of the twin blades would keep it at bay while the other would attempt to carve into Job?s shoulder. Whenever Job tried to stab Matt, the spear would be kept in a sandwich between the two blades.

Eventually, the stalemate came to an end. The two heads linked to each other, forming a massive twin double blade. Matt charged a final time, preparing to grab hold of the spear with the free hand while he would deliver the final blow with Job.

It ended disastrously. Job sidestepped the charge, and he kicked Matt into the air. He dropped his blade, and they disconnected upon hitting the ground. Job jumped, and landed a multitude of punched into Matt?s back. With each punch, Matt would be sent higher and higher into the air.

And then, the spear went through Matt?s back. Job grabbed the spear, and threw it, and Matt, to the ground. And then he went cold. Everything went cold.

A snapping of fingers could be heard throughout the tense atmosphere. No one saw Dream enter, adorned in his battle armor of demon skulls and his giant claymore made from his bones. Dream gave a look at Job, now sitting cross legged on the ground besides Matt?s corpse.

?Can?t win em all.?

Dream charged, and Job tore the spear out of Matt?s body. And he clashed once again.

[center]*[/center]

Matt didn?t know where he was, but he didn?t like it. He was lying on the ground, unable to move. It looked like the Public Gardens, but it had a denser look to it. It was in a huge fog, and pillars of bone erupted from the ground. Spirits twirled around them.

Was this hell?

?Pretty creepy, huh?? Death crouched down, to look down at Matt. ?It gives me the shivers, and I?m the Grim Reaper.?

?Aren?t you supposed to be a skeleton with a hood and a scythe??

?Yeah. You humans are kinda stupid like that.?

?Sorry.?

? ?Tis not your fault, babe. It?s just how the world works. Speaking of which, we need to have a little chat about your death here.?

?So, I am dead. I failed.?

?Not really. See, this is the place where I take special people ? like you, kiddo ? and have a little chat with them. It?s like this: your dead. That spear gutted you like a pig. Blood everywhere, bones cracked. Real messy, you know? But, I kinda got a message from God, the Big Man Upstairs. See, you?re kinda important. Bunch of stuff is gonna happen, so you dying is not in His agenda. And hey, his orders go above my rules. Heck, he made them to begin with.

So, I?m letting you off the hook. No strings attached. I just do what I do, and you?re heart gets to beat again. No cracked bones. No girls fainting from shock. And you just might get a chance to kick Job?s major behind sometime. You just be a good little boy, okie dokie??

?Sounds fishy.?

?You boys are so complicated. Always expecting something to happen. Just take it.?

?Allright.?

She leaned her face closer to Matt?s. ?You got some pretty good lips there, kiddo. I bet your girlfriend will like your screen time.? With that, she gave Matt a very passionate kiss on the lips.

And then, he was back.

[center]*[/center]

Job was gone. The entire Park looked like a nuclear bomb had hit it. The nine kids crowded around Matt. Some were pale; others could hardly speak. The rest were trying to figure out what just the hell happened.

Then Matt woke up. His eyes opened wide.

?He?s alive! That son of a bitch is alive!?

He tried to stand up, but when he did, he was tackled by Aizen. She wrapped her arms around his neck. She wasn?t crying; just so shocked and relived that he was all right. After his encounter with Death, he didn?t mind her at all.

?Get those two up!? Jonas did it.

?Matt, what happened? What?s going on??

Matt remained speechless.

?So you?re as clueless as us, huh??

Matt nodded. He looked up at the sky. It was still dark. No cars were on the streets.

They were all alone.
[/color]

[B][SIZE=3]OOC[/SIZE][/B] Okay, just talk amongst yourselves, trying to (unsuccessfully) figure out what just happened.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=White][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma][b]?Matt, what happened? What?s going on??[/b]

Matt remained speechless.

[b]?So you?re as clueless as us, huh??[/b]

Matt nodded. He looked up at the sky. It was still dark. No cars were on the streets.

They were all alone.

Aizen looked around at the other teens with her arms still wrapped around Matt's neck, her body slightly shaking from all the weirdness that was going on around them. As she gently placed her chin on Matt's shoulder, Aizen then realized... she hadn't done anything in the fight with Job as everyone else got beat up, stabbed, wounded... almost killed, in Matt's point of view.

Yet there she was, just sitting there in terror and helplessness... watching everyone getting hurt without even trying to help them out. Sure, there was a brief moment of bravery as she summoned her sword in order to fight, but... after she saw Job just flick Matt into a tree like he was nothing, she felt... as if she would let everyone own if she fought... like if she even tried her best, it wouldn't be enough. It would only let them down... let that Ice Woman down...

[b]"Hey... you alright?"[/b]

Aizen's eyes quickly fluttered as she was brought back to the current situation at hand. Her blue eyes laid upon Matt's slightly worried face, his right hand on her shoulder while his other curved around her waist in a slightly friendly manner. She slightly blushed and put her hands on his shirt, tightly clenching them to show him that she was scared, terrified even, at the fact that she couldn't do anything to at least protect him or everyone else.

[b]"Matt, I... I..."[/b] she stuttered, her light- blue hair covering her face and teary blue eyes.

[b]"What's wrong?"[/b] Matt quietly replied, his voice hinted with worry, [b]"Are you okay...?"[/b]

Aizen quickly nodded and gripped his shirt even tighter, tears already streaming down her cheeks and leaning her head on his chest. She wanted to be stronger, to be someone that everyone could depend on, but... at this rate...

[b]"Sorry... that I let you down... and that I couldn't be there when you needed me."[/b] She then lifted her head up so that he could see her wet face, her eyes cheerful but full of tears, yet her mouth lifting a small yet kind smile. Aizen turned around and walked in the other direction of the dark place they were in, looking for a place to find out where they were, but to also be alone for awhile.

Matt's face was a little confused, but when he saw her crying... something inside him ached out of pain. He then continued towards her direction, only to be stopped by the hand of Jonas.

[b]"Come on, Matt... let's go find out where we are."

"But... Jonas, I..." Matt stuttered.

"I know what you're gonna say, man,"[/b] Jonas smirked a little as he hooked his arms around Matt's neck, [b]"but sometimes, it's best to just let things be for awhile."[/b] He then dragged Matt in the opposite direction, looking for clues or reasons for why these things were happening to them.

[center]~*~[/center]

Aizen stood by herself in a little spot in the Nowhere Place they were in while everyone else talked amongst themselves about the oddness that was going on. Lifting up her head slowly and wiping her tears away, she looked on at the nothingness that was there... just black and dark... nothing living or dying, working or sleeping.... just nothing.

It wasn't so bad. This was a place just for her so that she couldn't see any more hurt go on, fights taking place.

Just the place for a little nothing like her to live and rot to death.

A place where she could just sit there and be nothing.

[b]"Mmm... I see, no wonder you're so quiet all the time."[/b]

Aizen quietly gasped as she heard that familiar voice in her head, also noticing that her breath had become foggy as it did when she was cold. She turned her head around to look for the direction of the voice, but couldn't find anything.

[b]"Don't worry, I'm speaking to you through telepathy... no one else can hear what we're talking about."

"I... see..."[/b] Aizen quietly replied, then tilting her head downwards and sighing.

[b]"You know,"[/b] Shiva replied in Aizen's mind, [b]"it isn't your fault that you couldn't protect that other Devil Child, Matt. Job came at a random time, no one could've predicted what was going to happen."

"Yeah well... if you saw what happened, why didn't you do anything?"

"I did, my dear, but you didn't take the opportunity to lift Blue Winter. Call me whenever you needed, but your voice was caught in fear."

"Oh, so now it's my fault?!"[/b] Aizen yelled, then looking another way, [b]"it's always my fault... everytime something happens."[/b]

[b]"Look, love, not everyone can defend someone if they haven't fought anyone before... it's just a natural reaction. If you train everyday and let me help you, you'll be able to protect anyone in your sight."

"...Really?"

"Really,"[/b] Shiva replied, a happy tone echoing in her voice.

[b]"Promise?"

"I promise, love. I mean, I've been watching over you for so long... what makes you think I wouldn't do that now?"[/b]

Aizen let out a small laugh and nodded, smiling and looking in the far off distance as her grip on Blue Winter tightened, her depression slowly fading away. [b]"Alright,"[/b] she finally replied, her smile growing wider, [b]"I trust you."

"Good. Now, go help everyone at least a little... oh, and someone's coming, by the way."[/b] Shiva's voice then dissapered and became quiet, Aizen's breath returning to normal.

A gentle grip landed on Aizen's shoulder, giving her a strong feeling of support.

[b]"Feeling any better?"[/b]

[CENTER]~*~[/CENTER]
OOC: The voice can be anyone, I just need to get to know others better. =D[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[INDENT][color=Navy][size=1]Zedidiah had never seen anything like it before in his life. He thought he was crazy? try the bag-headed clown. He had put down Matt like he was just some sort of rag-doll. The tattooed teenager tried to quell down the shaking fits his body was experiencing. Even though he had threatened to kill people before, Zed had never actually seen it done to a person before. The image of the clown slicing and dicing Matt like a piece of meat had been burned into his memory forever. If only?. if only he had thought to use that skull ring?. he could have killed that bastard in a second.

But, by some miracle, Matt had come back to life, his stomach contents now back inside of his skin. He even managed to sit up under his own steam. Zedidiah watched him from the back of the crowd of concerned school students. They all had been in the park when the madness started, and now, they were all together again. Was? this supposed to happen?

Talk began to start. People were speculating about what had just happened. It seemed like a dream, but then Zed realised the four rings made out of his blood were still on his fingers. There went that theory out of the window.

He looked around to see that kid that had tried to take on the clown by himself. Kain? that was it. Zed smiled to himself as he approached the other boy. Both looked scrappy, their uniforms torn from tousles with different enemies. Kain looked up from the group to see Zed coming to confront him. With a sly smile on his face, the tattooed teenager almost greeted the other boy with some form of respect.

[b]? You?re an idiot for taking on that clown alone,?[/b] Zed said, smirking. It was his way of saying that he thought Kain had done a good job.

Kain shrugged. [b]? You didn?t do anything.?[/b]

[b]? Like I could do anything to that madman with my bare fists. I ain?t that stupid,?[/b] Zed retorted crossly. Kain chuckled, having already gotten under the dark-haired boy?s skin. Zed gave an irritated huff before crossing his arms in front of his chest. Kain then noticed the four rings on his right hand.

[b]? Those your weapons??[/b] Kain asked, trying not to sound interested. Zed grunted in the affirmative. [b]? Pretty puny if you ask me,?[/b] Kain added.

[b]? No one did,?[/b] Zed growled, twirling his pinkie ring around his little finger in annoyance. His dark eyes scanned the crowd as they all chatted amongst each other. There was silence between the two before Zed asked Kain a question.

[b]? What the hell do you think really happened here??[/b][/size][/color][/INDENT]

OOC: Sorry if I didn't get Kain right Spartan. PM me if you want me to change anything.