OtakuBoards

Devil Children Story [PG]

Doublehex

[CENTER][B]Prologue[/B][/CENTER]

[color=white]
In a word, Matthew was tired. His eyelids over shadowed his eyeballs the way someone who had spent all night partying would. His lips were puckered like some baby who was crying all night long. A big shadow was beneath his eyelids. He looked slightly drunk, although that?s not saying that he was.

Matt was more than tired. He wasn?t even very tired, or even exhausted. His drowsiness was so beyond ?tired? that it probably wouldn?t even be comprehensible by the regular human psyche.

He felt half dead, but even then that was being kind. If he didn?t have the will to keep his eyelids open, he would undoubtedly fall into a slumber on par to Sleeping Beauty?s.

But only one thing in the whole world kept Matt from falling into such a deep slumber. It was called rush hour traffic.

Another chorus of beeps and protests from aggressive drivers filled Matt?s ear. This must have been his sixth attempt at trying to take a nap, and he was starting to get more than a little agitated.

Matt was tempted to ask how much longer until they reached Boston-Two, but his common sense decided otherwise.

He flipped onto his side, his side, hoping that he would find himself in a more comfortable position. His labor brought little fruit. His side became irritated.

With a frustrated groan, he brought the seat up. His tired eyes scanned the scene before him: the highway was full of beeping cars, and it didn?t look like it was going to be the buildup anytime soon.

With a groan, he allowed his head to veer back onto the seat. Surprisingly, he managed to find himself in a deep sleep.

[center]*[/center]

When Matt eventually woke up, he found his father?s car in the parking lot in the garage of what was obviously his new home. His father, not one to wait for anybody for anything, was already helping the movers to unpack. With a yawn, Matt got out of his seat and got outside.

The house was located in the neighborhood of Dorchester. Dorchester was a relatively cheap neighborhood in Boston (although anything in New England was expensive nowadays). It was partly a restaurant, what with Matt?s father being a cook and all. The first floor was the restaurant, while the upper floors were the actual house. Matt?s dad was smart enough to have two entrances put in: the obvious front entrance and a side entrance that allowed people to bypass the restaurant altogether and go to the upper floors.

Knowing that his father would drag him into work eventually, Matt decided to follow the inevitable and help the movers with unpacking. Not surprising at all, the work went well into the late day, what with them having to set up both a restaurant and a house.

[center]*[/center]

It would be a week later when Matt once again found himself in his dad?s car, being driven to his first day of high school. At best, it was an odd feeling, to be on his way to his first day of school in the middle of November. It seemed so surreal to Matthew.

It was hard to describe exactly how Matt was feeling at those moments. With the sun as bright as ever (which was odd, considering this time of year all of Massachusetts should be covered in snow), Matt was in a semi good mood. After all, he was going to a new school. That in itself brought an indescribable amount of excitement and glee.

Yet, at the same time, Matt was on the verge of indescribable fear. When he left Norwood, he had left so many of his friends behind; friends who he had grown up with, who he had played with and laughed and cried with. They were friends who were an extended family to him.

And he left them. And he was all alone.

Throughout the whole car ride, which latest no longer than five minutes, Matt remained silent, and his dad, as obnoxious as ever, hummed another tune from the seventies. Even though annoying, Matt was in the end grateful to him. It lightened the mood, something that was much needed.

Eventually, the car came to a complete stop, and Matt set his eyes Doctor G. Pakely High School. With a deep breath, Matt unbuckled his seat belt and left the car, backpack strapped on loosely.

?Hang in there tiger?, his father said with his wide, iconic grin before he drove off.

With a sigh, Matt began to walk towards the high school.[/color]

[INDENT][B][SIZE=3]OOC[/B][/SIZE] Since this is just a prlogue, don't expect for you guys to unlock your powers yet. Just introduce yourselves to each other. After a RL week has passed, or a whole page of posts, we'll move onto the first chapter, where the fun begins.[/INDENT]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[INDENT][size=1][color=Indigo][i]Morning.... urghhh.....[/i]

It was Zed's least favourite time of day. The sun shone brightly into his eyes as he woke from a restless night of slumber. He sat up in his bed, scratching his bare stomach with one hand while stretching out the other. A loud yawn resonated from his wide open mouth as the young man slid out of bed, standing wobbily up on his still sleeping legs.

Shuffling out into his small kitchen, Zed made himself breakfast - a cup of strong espresso coffee. It was all that he needed to get until lunch time, and it was all he was capable of making in his half-sleep state.

[i]School....[/i] was his next thought. He groaned. To Zed, school was the equivalent of prison. The only reason why he was staying in school was so he could live off the government. Their cheque every week was quite a nice reward for doing nothing but creating chaos.

After a cold shower, Zed shuffled back into his room to get dressed. His dark red, tribal-like tattoos glistened menacingly on his still moist body. They sprawled over his skin like a spider's web - from the top of his left hand, up his left arm, across his back and stomach, down his right arm to the top of his right hand.

Zed looked over at his bedside table and saw the time. A string of curses hissed through his clenched teeth as Zed quickly pulled on his long black pants and white, long sleeved shirt. With keys in hand, he ran to the front door, grabbing a small dofflebag on the way, and burst out into the street.

His half-buttoned shirt flapped in the breeze as Zed ran along the sidewalk. People darted out of his road as he tore along, looking like a poorly-dressed bat out of hell. But soon enough, he reached the school grounds with a few minutes to spare. Zed managed to fix his shirt up before heading up into the main building. His spiky, dark blue hair flailed around upon his head as he forced open his locker and shoved his doffle bag in there.

Yet another day in the prison. Yet another opportunity to create chaos.[/size][/color][/INDENT]

Cameron made her way to school, feet shuffling along the sidewalk, backpack hanging from her shoulder. She pushed long strands of pink from her face as the sun shone brightly. Her stomach rumbled, she hadn't had enough time to prepare breakfast before leaving the house. She scoffed and glared out in front of her, sending a soda can flying with a kick.

Cam walked through the school entrance slowly, dreading another boring day of school, unless of course she got some action like the day before. She let out a long, heavy sigh as she moved up to her locker. She simply, carelessly twirled the dial of her lock a couple of times and watched as it sprung open. She smirked, she made it look so easy. She popped her neck and grabbed the stack of books that she'd need for her first few classes, stuffing them in her backpack. With a yawn she slammed the locker closed and clicked it shut.

Cameron glanced at her watch and saw it was almost time to get to class. Thinking about her timetable she grimaced at the thought of facing her Maths teacher. The woman that taught her Mathematics had long, tangly whitish hair, large glasses, crooked teeth, stained fingers, and everytime she spoke you could smell cigarette smoke on her breath. It also didn't help her favour that she was a bad teacher and hardly knew what she was talking about, let alone teach what she "knew" to students.

As she walked through the halls to her classroom she saw the one person she didn't want to see, especially on the one morning she started with Maths and the horrible teacher. She growled low in her throat, eyes narrowing and churning from a stormy blue to a steel grey. Cameron rushed forward on nimble feet, despite her baggy clothes and slammed the person up into the lockers behind them, grasping them by the collar of their shirt, twisted in her fist.

[B]"Why are [I]you[/I] here?"[/B] Her voice was low and dangerous, teeth bared angrily.

[B]"Ha, you thought I'd listen to a little try hard like you? Dream on."[/B]

[B]"I told you I didn't want to see you here any more yesterday, and I meant it. Now I'll give you one more chance. Leave, and don't come back."[/B]

[B]"Never."[/B] the senior sneered, spitting at Cam.

Cameron snapped, punching her hard in the abdomen, elbowing her solar plexus. The older girl fell against her. Cam used the girl's shirt to wipe the saliva off her face, before kneeling and grabbing her throat tightly.

[B]"You don't know what I'm capable of. Just leave and you won't be hurt majorly."[/B] Cam was tough, but she didn't really want to seriously injure other people.

The girl coughed as her windpipe was held by Cameron's strong grip. In an incredible show of strength, she gripped the girl's shirt, keeping her hand around her throat and walked toward the entrance, tossing the senior outside. The body hit the pavement and rolled slightly.

[B]"Don't come back. I mean it. If you do....you'll regret it."[/B]

Cameron looked at her watch again and groaned, she was late for her first class, meaning the stupid teacher would give her a detention.

As predicted as soon as she walked through the door the teacher scribbled on a pad, tearing off the top piece and handing it to her. It was a pink slip. She groaned and snatched it, making her way to her seat at the back of the classroom, as far away from the teacher as possible. She pulled out her text books and immersed herself, drowning out the teacher by plugging her earphones in. Slumping in her chair she could feel today would be a long, long, looooong day.

[SIZE=1]The sun peaked through the curtains, striking Kains face perfectly to make him groan to move his face out of the path of the sunlight. A few moments later his alarm went off for the first time today, he groaned louder as he reached around and hit the top of the alarm, then scratched the top of his head through the tangled mess of his long hair. He then sat up and look around, one eye half open, the other almost completely shut, he rubbed his eyes the palm of his hands and then through the covers off his bare legs and swung them over the bed. He got up from his bed and did a zombie trudge to the bathroom, he wasn?t use to being up so early. He always seemed to miss some period during the day from his school, not caring enough, as long as he kept his grades up high enough to avoid being dropped from his athletics.

He quickly got into a warm shower and cleaned his hair; he then brushed it out and dried it, then left the warmth of the steamed bathroom and into the cold air of his home. The water droplets meeting cold air sent a small chill through his body that was hardly noticeable. He then passed into his room and dressed in his usual attire, plain black basketball shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt that was snug against his body. And he put on his black ankle socks and his black vans. He then grabbed his usual hair tie, but this time, he also grabbed two rubber bands and put one on each wrist. He then walked out of his room, hustling down the stairs.

He grabbed his binder, aviators, his house keys and his ipod was out the door, his aviators covering his eyes and he used his house to lock up. He was then quickly down the stoop in front of his home and heading down the street, keeping a steady pace as he ticked through his music selection. Finding his ideal music and pushing the pressure sensitive button and letting the music resonate through his ears, the sound of metal ring in his head always got his blood going. Giving him that short rush of adrenaline as it fired the neurons in his mind that reminded him of the rush of competing against other people, and triumphing. Even losing to another inspires him and made the adrenaline pump more.

He maneuvered through people as he went; his pace had steadily increased from a light walk to a heavy jog. He dodged people left and right, getting through them like he was in football season all over again. He had these flash memories of him dodging the linebackers coming at him; he also remembered how they cracked him in the knees a few times, and even in the ribs. This was far more uncomfortable when they had been cracked a few times earlier in his life time, but, that didn?t stop him from playing or competing to his maximum ability. By the time he had reached school his blood was flowing swiftly and his body was ready for anything right now. So, when he arrived early he decided to do a little exercise, and a little bit of showing off as well.

When he got to school he found a wall near the door and placed this things down, he then put the hair tie in, and then put his legs through the rubber bands until they were at the edge of his basketball shorts on both legs. He checked to make sure the rubber bands were on tight enough, then commenced with his little bit of show boating. He put his hands on the ground and lifted his body up into the air, using only his hands to balance on. He narrowed his feet, keeping his legs close together and his feet pointing to the ceiling, he then started doing push-ups of sorts. Using his well toned arms to do all the work as the rest of his body was in the air.

He grunted a little with the effort but it soon became easier as the blood flow increased and his music drowning out the rest of the world, and his eyes focused on the ground. He did at one point look at the students passing by; some would glance at him and would continue on in a snobbish sort of way, others would stare for several moments then quickly head away. He always noticed when the girls would see him, giggle and blush. He just smiled his arrogant smile and kept reaping out push-ups, the girls only boosting his ego, as did the jealous looking guys and other athletes.

After a few more reaps, Kain was starting to sweat and was growing tired after about a hundred or so. He extended his arms fully once more then let his body drop, landing on his feet and exhaling deeply. He then rolled his shoulders and rubbed his neck, then grabbed his things and put his aviators back over his eyes and walked inside, slowly making his way to class. Strutting a bit as he passed through the halls to his AP class that he was actually maintaining a B in.

As he passed to his class, he saw another girl beating up on a senior; he chuckled to himself and kept going. He found his Calculus class and seated himself in the back, still listening to his metal music and lightly bobbing his head as the teacher lectured. Kain watched his lips carefully and wrote down what he said, getting it down perfectly and letting himself fade out as his hands did all the work.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=White][SIZE=1]Claudia didn?t feel like doing anything, least of all going to school. She hesitantly got to her feet and stumbled over to her bathroom mirror. She cringed at the sight of herself, her hair was matted and her black make-up had smudged. [COLOR=Red][I]?Great, I look like the living dead.?[/I][/COLOR]
Splashing water on her face she removed her make up before re-applying it and then brushed her hair.

She trudged back through her bathroom, over to her closet and threw back the sliding doors. Claudia threw on a pair of cargo pants with a black and gray army camouflage print. She searched her tee-shirts for her favorite one, black, short sleeve with a symbol of three skulls arranged in a circle. Claudia then retrieved a black hooded jumper with a phoenix on the back and threw that on too, pulling the hood up over her face and covering her eyes. She struggled with her combat boots for a good five minutes before grabbing her shoulder bag complete with a skull solider and flying down stairs for breakfast.

Her father looked up from behind their breakfast counter; he had a concerned look on his face. He attempted to cheer her up with a soft smile.

[COLOR=Red][B]?I made you breakfast Claud, pancakes with sorbet and maple syrup.? [/B] [/COLOR]

Claudia?s father dressed much in the same manner that she did, if not more extreme. He had been that way ever since his wife, her mother, had died in a horrific accident. None seemed to mind the Goth-like daughter and father though. Claudia gave her father a kiss on the cheek and retrieved her breakfast from him; she gulped it down in no time with a glass of water.

[COLOR=Red][B]?Thanks dad,? [/B] [/COLOR] she spoke while dumping her plate in the dishwasher and heading for the door. [COLOR=Red][B]?I?ll be late home tonight, I have to stay back and put in some extra time on my artworks.? [/B] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red][B]?No worries Claw, I was going to say the same thing. I have to do some extra work at the lab, don?t wait up for me.?[/B][/COLOR] He had to half yell as Claudia was almost out the door.

[COLOR=Red][B]?Ok Dad, bye.? [/B] [/COLOR] Her father smiled as he began cleaning up and getting ready to go to work, his daughter seemed to be feeling better.

Claudia retrieved her black I pod from her bag as she walked and hit the shuffle option on the menu. Heavy metal guitar and screaming filled her senses. Today had been one of her better days; she had felt increasingly depressed after the love of her life had died. She had been going back to school on and off, now she had decided that it was probably best to try and start going everyday.

[CENTER]+ + + + +[/CENTER]

Claudia had reached school in record time; as she entered the school she noticed someone doing sort-of-push-ups?, she didn?t take any notice though and kept walking. She navigated the hallways, nimbly dodging people and other obstacles. She looked to her left and noticed Cameron had another senior in her grip. She stifled a laugh as she walked towards her locker and stashed her stuff. The girl Cam had in her crosshairs of doom didn?t stand a chance.

Claudia grabbed a smaller bag full of different artistic materials and headed towards the rear of the school where the art rooms were located. As she walked she observed people doing various things, something that caught her attention however was Zed. He was causing fights to erupt?again. She shook her head as she kept walking and entered one of the art studios. Claudia was cautiously approached by her teacher and asked the usual questions like [COLOR=Red][B][I]?how are you feeling?? ?Is there anything I can do?? [/I][/B] [/COLOR] ?blah blah blah.

She dismissed the teacher politely and began work on her project. She lifted her hood back and tied up her hair in a messy bun. Claudia gracefully lifted a paint brush and dipped it into black paint; she stepped back and sized up the large canvas before violently moving the bush across it, letting her bottled emotions guide her.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]The door opened suddenly, without even a knock to warn her. Ana immediately stood back from the standing mirror, where she had been checking her appearance one last time. She had been up since 5:00 that morning, her nervousness waking her from an already restless sleep. The contents of her backpack had been checked over eight times, and she had ironed her white linen skirt and blouse twice over. Her hair she had tied back into a simple ponytail with a white ribbon. Now she watched as her door opened slowly, and then a perfectly polished black shoe appeared from behind it.

Janos emerged into the doorway, tapping his shoe on the floor as he stepped into her room. She bit her lips unconsciously, as a soft smile came to his. He folded his arms, [b]?So?all ready for school, are we??[/b]

Ana only nodded slowly, and she reminded herself to keep breathing.

He shook his head, [b]?Really, you don?t have to be so nervous, Ana. After all, we?re family now. I still can?t seem to figure out how in the world you convinced Father to let you attend a public school??[/b]

She waited a moment, watching him cautiously, [b]??Probably my likeness to my whore of a mother.?[/b]

[b]?Well, you actually speak now,?[/b] he said, letting out a small chuckle; but Ana saw the small glint that appeared in his eyes, and wished immediately that she hadn?t said anything. Janos began to slowly circle the room, playing with the few trinkets that she had brought along. His movements reminded her of a shark on the scent of blood, except that he was following the trail of her fear; and the closer he came the more she wanted to scream.
He stopped then, his hand tapping the surface of her reflection in the mirror, [b]?What can we do to make you feel more welcome? It must be difficult coming to live here, after meeting us only once at your mother?s funeral three years ago.?[/b] When he at her again, the glint had disappeared.

Was he being sincere? She couldn?t the dark-haired young man at all, [b]??Yes, it is a little awkward.?[/b]

Janos nodded as if he understood, [b]?Can I tell you a secret??[/b]

Ana didn?t know what to say, but Janos didn?t wait for her answer.

[b]?Julia and I didn?t even know you existed until that funeral. Father tried so hard to make it seem as if he was just looking after you as a favor to a dear friend of his?and Julia actually bought it for a while. But she?s a girl, softhearted ? men are different. You were no daughter of a friend. No?you were Father?s daughter, a child on the side.?[/b]

She could only maintain her silence, nothing more.

His next words pierced her heart: [b]?I saw your mother.?[/b]

[b]??The ceremony was a closed-coffin,?[/b] Ana said; it was a mechanical response.

Janos nodded, [b]?I know. I took a peek after everyone left ? after all, I had to see what kind of woman my father was keeping unbeknownst to my own mother.?[/b] He watched to see if she would respond, but she felt as if she were frozen inside.

[i]He opened my mother?s coffin?[/i] She felt like she had turned to stone, so heavy was her anger.

He went on, [b]?Your hair, your face, and especially your eyes?you look so much like her. Even though she was dead, your mother is still one of the most entrancing women I?ve ever seen. It?s no surprise to me that Father is so fond of you ? he?s still enamored by the memory of your mother.?[/b]

Ana suddenly grabbed her bag off of the chair, [b]?I?m sorry, I need to go to school ? ?[/b]

He grabbed her wrist, slamming her up against the mantle of the marble fireplace, his arm tightly against her thin neck, [b]?You can?t run away, Ana. Know that, Ana. Agreeing to come here was a mistake on your part ? you should have run when you had the chance. But you?re here now, so know that you will never be able to leave unless I choose to let you go. I?m not like Father ? your mother?s beauty has no effect on me.?[/b]

Her eyes stared up at him, and she was unable to hide her fear any longer; her breath came out in shallow, tearing gasps, and her lips trembled.
Janos let his eyes slide down, and then he looked up again when she whimpered. His smile was cold now, and he didn?t bother to hide his malice, [b]?Please, don?t flatter yourself ? I?d never bother to touch something like [i]you[/i].?[/b][/size][/color]

[center][b]_________________________[/b][/center]

[color=darkslateblue][SIZE=1]The car was heated when she entered. When she sat back, and the driver closed the door, she felt as if she had been encased in a warm cocoon. It was only there, with the dark wall between her and the driver, that Ana allowed herself a few small tears to silently escape. When they arrived at Dr. G. Pakely High School, Ana?s face was clean of any unwanted emotions, and she felt nervous excitement settle in her stomach. Forgetting her emotional exhaustion, she looked at the buildings surrounding her.

[b]?Miss Ana, the car will be here to pick you up at the end of the day,?[/b] the driver said, as he handed her her backpack.

[b]?Thank you,?[/b] she said quietly, before she passed through the school gates. Once more she double-checked the contents of her bag, assurance rushing through her whenever she touched the carefully rolled case that held her collection of quills. Then checking her copy of the school map, she walked to her first class, arriving first to the classroom. Choosing a seat by a window in the back corner, she checked her wristwatch. Still 35 minutes until school starts, she thought to herself. The classroom remained empty, although she could hear laughter echoing outside in the hall.

Peeking out the door into the hallway, she found herself watching a girl with pink hair advance upon a much bigger student. Ana was surprised when the older student was easily beaten by the pink-haired girl, and got a little frightened so she closed the door again as quietly as she could.

Sitting down at the desk again, she rested her head on her hands, looking out the window and watching other students begin to arrive. Ana closed her eyes for a moment, and before she knew it, the echoes of laughter lulled her into a light sleep.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[size=1]OOC: Wow, it's a lot longer than I anticipated, and most of it doesn't happen at school...^__^;; Sorry, I'll edit length next time I post.[/size]

[INDENT][color=Indigo][size=1]Fight, fight, fight. Was that all these punks could do?

Zed dodged and weaved the myriad of punches and kicks, his eyes closed, an air of arrogance about him. Even he was getting tired of this ever-repetitive display of macho-ness. The junior he had beaten up the other day had told his older brother about the fight, so naturally, the older brother wanted revenge for the embarrassment his brother endured. That also meant he brought a couple of friends along to help.

Chaos proceeded to flourish down the hallway just before class. A push and a shove in an already tense situation turned the corridor into an all out brawl. Teachers hollered over the din of people rolling around the floor, each having the other?s scruff in their clenched fist. Of course, Zed had managed to untangle himself from the fighting to stride coolly into the classroom. He sat down at one of the desks and propped his feet up on the desk, his hands behind his head casually.

As he stared up at the ceiling, Zed remembered another fight he witnessed earlier that day. A girl with long pink locks had whooped some senior girl?s behind at the front entrance. He had only seen a moment of the fight before being set upon but the revenge-driven older brother and his buddies. Pity? he would have liked to have found out her name, but then, she did seem a little young for him.

A bored yawn escaped his now open mouth, waiting for the commotion he unintentionally created outside. Zed could still hear the cries of the teachers as they tried to settle everyone down. A job well done, even if he did say so himself. Once the brawl had died down, everyone moved off into their respective classes. Some were not lucky enough to escape the wrath of the now infuriated and emotionally stretched teachers. Zed chuckled to himself softly.

Now, the usual drawl of the teacher started to echo in Zed?s ears painfully. Something about 2a times 2b equals 4ab, or something like it. What did he have to know this stuff for anyway? It wasn?t like he was going to become a nuclear physicist anyway. A pain shot through his head. Urg?. too big a word to use so early in the morning.

That was when he heard a soft thump on the desk two seats away from him. Zed looked over the person that sat in between his desk and the other to see a long red-headed girl sleeping lightly on the desk?s surface. The dark-blue haired boy tried hard not to burst out laughing. This teacher could put anyone to sleep. He ripped a page out of his notebook, scrunched it up and threw it over at the sleeping girl. It hit her fair square in the face. Hopefully that would wake her up.[/size][/color][/INDENT]

OOC: The red-headed girl I referred to in the post was Cyriel?s character, just so everyone knows.

[size=1][indent]Summer was careful not to be too loud as she walked slowly around the side of her home, not wanting to wake her slumbering parents. She was getting skilled at this new habit of hers; sneaking back into her room only three or four hours after first sneaking out. She knew she could have gotten into loads of trouble if she was discovered, but her trust in her parents? complete idiocy and ignorance prevented her from worrying about it.

[b]?Four ten. That?s twenty minutes later than yesterday,?[/b] she noted, glancing at the clock as she climbed over her windowsill. Quietly removing her coat and other clothing and draping it over the chair in front of her computer desk, she tiptoed towards her bed, crawling underneath the covers with only small squeak of protest from the mattress. She set her alarm for half past six, and settled in for ?a good night?s rest?, as she liked to call her two-hour nap.

[center]&&&[/center]

[b] ?Morning, Bunny.?[/b]

The nickname given to her by her father, which she found both childish and patronizing, made her roll her eyes as she poured milk over her cereal. She gave him a small grunt in response before pulling the spoon out of her teeth and heading for the TV room to watch the news as she ate her breakfast. Her mother didn't give her much more than a quick nod of acknowledgement before rushing out the door to head to work, though Summer didn't mind much at all. The less her parents paid attention, the better, most of the time.

The same stories, with little to no new information, played over and over on the different news channels she surfed through, leaving her bored and slightly annoyed. She never found anything interesting happening in the world, no matter how hard she tried, and it left her rather bitter. She was sick and tired of the same old stuff, be it in the news or in her own kitchen, but there was little she could do to change it. With an agitated ?humph?, she turned off the television, dropped her dishes in the sink, and grabbed her school bag before walking out into the garage.

As the garage door opened slowly, she hopped into last year?s birthday gift; a rather expensive, metallic blue roadster. With a turn of her key, the engine roared and she was off towards school.

When she pulled into the parking lot, she looked around for a certain someone?s car, but to no avail. Sighing, she headed towards campus and first period.

[center]&&&[/center]

[b]?Summer? Summer Calurra??[/b]

[b]?Here,?[/b] she answered as she walked through the classroom doors.

[b]?It says here that this is your eighth tardy in the last two weeks. I?m afraid I have to give you another detention, on top of the ones you already owe your teacher.?[/b] Despite the substitute?s attempt at sounding authoritative, Summer couldn?t help but chuckle at the man. He asked her, with a hint of challenge in his wavering voice, what exactly was so funny. Students sitting in the classroom behind the two in front passed worried and confused looks between one another. Summer had never been particularly outspoken prior to the start of her junior year, and people were still getting used to it.

[b]?You speak like I should care about what you say,?[/b] she giggled. Further expressing her blatant disrespect of the poor young man, she took the slip he had written for her, crumpled it into a ball and threw it away before walking towards her seat in the back of the room. Before she could reach it, however, the substitute called for her attention.

[b]?Excuse me, Miss Calurra, but I?m not afraid of you, or your punk attitude, no matter what you may think.?[/b] His voice was loud and powerful, but the sternness he tried forcing into his words didn?t intimidate her. Spinning on her toes where she stood, she faced him with an annoyed expression.

[b]?What I think, Mister Substitute,?[/b] she began, paying no mind to the name written in large letters on the board behind him, [b]?... is that college boys, like you, shouldn?t try bossing me around, because I can have my parents make sure that you never work again, leaving you to bum the streets for the next eighty years. So, unless you would [I]like[/I] to die as an unaccomplished, homeless, family-less bastard in the middle of an alley towards the end of the century, I suggest you don?t bother me anymore.?[/b]

Without another look at the young man, Summer headed back towards her seat and sat down, ignoring the many pairs of eyes that were constantly glancing at her. Pulling out her mp3 player, she turned the volume up as to drown out the substitute?s voice, and began playing with her hair.

[I]?God, I love history,?[/I] she thought to herself with a grin.[/indent][/size]

[color=white]Matt twirled the pencil around his finger as he listened to Mister Maradrick?s lesson. He was simply enthralled by the whole thing about the Spartan?s war against Xerxes? Persian Empire. Three hundred Spartans, against thousands upon thousands of Persian soldiers! The Spartans were barely enough to drain a pond, whereas the Persians would drain a whole river easily with their numbers. With nothing but six hundred Athenians, militia men all, it was fated that they would all die by Persian blades and spears.

But the Spartans didn?t go down without a fight! The Spartans fought tooth and nail with the Persians! With every Spartan, he took twenty Persians with him. By the dawn of the third day, the Persian soldiers had lost thousands upon thousands of their own troops, compared to the Spartan?s minimal one hundred.

It all ended with tragedy, though. A betrayer revealed to Xerxes a secret passage behind the Spartans and the Athenian lines. The Spartans blocked the way, allowing the Athenian troops to escape. All of the Spartans died.

Unfortunately, Matt had doubts he was in a large group for his love of history. Most kids were just downright bored by history. Hell, most of them cared less about modern politics, another subject Matt was enthralled with.

Fortunately, Mister Maradrick, being one of the foot ball coaches, was a big man, the type that immediately inspired loyalty just for a glance. It was so quiet in the room that you could hear a mouse, if the dreaded rodent ever made its presence known.

The class went by smoothly enough. It was not so exciting the class went by in a flash, but not dull enough it seemed the Second Coming would occur before the bell rang. The bell rang just as Matt expected it (although he felt it was too loud for his own liking).

Glancing down as his newly printed schedule, he read his next period was Algebra 2. He gulped, full of despair. Math was his worst subject, above Science. It was a miracle he passed Algebra I last year ? he would of failed if it weren?t for the fact that he was sick for the Final, and used the extra time during Summer to study. He passed with barely a C.

Tightening his grip on his book bag, he dashed into the hall.[/color]

Every day was the same for Jonas: wake up, jump in the shower, get ready, then leave to get a bite somewhere, and arrive at school late. However, today was different. He felt as though something compelled him to go to school on time. Instead of his usual eating out, he grabbed a waffle his mother had just made and walked out the door, waving a hand to signify his disappearance into the so-called real world.

The car that had driven up to his driveway sped off with smoke trailing behind. Inside the car, Jonas played with his cards while the driver, Monkey- a nickname given to him by his friends- blasted music all the while cruising towards school. The others joked around in the car, throwing paper balls and whatnot. They were quite the unsafe group but none of the six kids had ever gotten into an accident. Now, driving into the school parking lot other students looked on as they were running to get to their other classes. Even as they were going into school, the goofing never stopped until they separated their ways within the halls of Doctor G. Pakely High School.

Lucky for Jonas and his friends, they all had late arrival scheduled into their time. It was a privilege given to seniors that they couldn?t afford to abuse; albeit, Jonas and his friends did every so often on someone?s birthday or some random day.

As Jonas walked down the hall, a rushing student bumped into him making him drop his deck of cards and causing the kid to drop his books. Jonas bent over and picked up his cards, but also helped the student with his books. When the kid stood up, Jonas handed the books to the kid with brown hair and said, [B]?Try not to be in such a rush. You might knock someone down.?[/B] He smiled a nice grin and added, [B]?Where?s your next class, kid??[/B]

[color=white]Matt didn?t know how, when or why it happened, but he somehow bumped into a somewhat imposing looking kid. The kid had jet black hair, the color rock stars and Goths would dye. His chin was rigid and imposing, giving the impression that you didn?t want to mess with him.

For a millisecond, Matt?s vision was dazed. In the next he was already at work picking up his things, his fingers grabbing the books as quickly as possible. He didn?t know how long the bell gave for the students to get to their classes, and he didn?t want to get a tardy on his first day. His dad would kill him.

?Try not to be in such a rush. You might knock someone down.? Matt felt the nudge from the kid jabbing him with the binder. Matt accepted it from him. ?Where?s your next class, kid??

Matt looked at his schedule, which he found was still tucked between his fingers. ?One eighteen.?

The kid rubbed his shoulder, as if he was bored. ?One eighteen? Its right my way. I?ll show ya.?

?I?m fine.?

?Come on,? the kid insisted. Matt quickly obliged.

They walked down the stairs, going against the flow of kids. They met quite a bit of resistance, but having a big kid around helped Matt get through them all.

?Kid, hurry up! You?re sort of slowing them down.?

?I have a name, you know. Matt.?

?Jonas?, he introduced. They moved along at a fairly steady pace. Matt would occasionally take a nervous glance at his watch, but whenever he did, Jonas would tell him to relax. So, Matt relaxed.

?You just moved? An odd time for a sophomore to forget where the rooms are.?

?Yeah, my dad started a small restaurant.?

?It wouldn?t happen to be the one on Adams Street, now would it??

?Yeah.?

?Nice; its like a few minutes off from my house, which is where me and all my friends at. When we saw the signs, we decided it would be a nice place to eat.?

?My dad will like that. That?s why he decided to put it there ? it?s close to the High School.?

?That too.? By then they had arrived at Matthew?s classroom.

?See you then.?

?Yeah, later.?
[/color]

[color=white][size=1]Ezekiel sat in front of a girl with orange-reddish long hair as he scribbled down notes when needed. He yawned and stretched out, bumping the girl behind him when Ezekiel noticed that she was quite asleep as her body rose and fell and her hair lay spiraled out on the desk. As he went to write notes again, he heard a soft little thwack. Muttering something, Ezekiel turned around to see a piece of paper fall from the desk and the head of the girl rise up from the desk. As Ezekiel looked at her face, he managed to put a name to it.

[b]" 'Ey...Ana, put your head back down. Yeh look tired. 'E's just talkin' about his bikes again. Mr. Terrell always does this."[/b] He said, smiling at her softly before leaning over in his seat and picking up the paper. Uncrumpling, he studied it fully and looked around for someone with the same paper. He found seven different people, but the most likely was a dark blue haired man with a small smile pasted to his white face. Ezekiel studied the kid for a moment, tracing the tattooes with his eyes. Again, he managed to remember his name. Zed-isomething. He was usually just called "Zed", and was a horrible troublemaker.

Slowly, once the teacher took a break to let them write notes, Ezekiel rose up to his feet and approached the trash can with the paper in hand. Instead of throwing it into the trash, he slipped it onto Zed's desk and walked back as the teacher turned back around from his coffee to begin teaching again. As he scribbled the notes down, Ezekiel mused about how, with that much caffeine intake, the teacher could still be as boring as hell. Mr. Terrel prattled on about the state of equilibrium between the language of math and the language of the rest of the world, coming off track again.

When Zed opened up the note, he saw something scribbled in rather neat handwriting.

[i]Are you really that bored to throw paper in the classroom at someone sleeping?[/i]

Zed seemed to smile at the comment as Ezekiel started to draw on his paper. Leaning down, the blue haired tattooed teenager wrote a rather interesting reply and managed to get it passed back to Ezekiel.

[i]Are you really that bored to complain about it?[/i]

From there, the note was passed back and forth. Ezekiel used a deep red ink pen while Zed scribbled in a dark blue pen. While writing a comment back, Ezekiel managed himself a soft chuckle as he linked the color of Zed's hair to his pen.

[i]Meh, wouldn't it be more interesting to throw them at people who are awake and could throw back? Anyway, talk to me after class. Just look for the guy with white hair.[/i]

[/color]
[/size]

[b]OOC:[/b] Mr. Terrell was the name of my 8th grade Algebra teacher and wouldn't shut up sometimes. XD

[INDENT][size=1][color=Indigo]Zed couldn?t hold it in much longer. He burst out laughing at the note that kid Ezekiel had written to him. The whole class swivelled around at him, some glaring at him, some wondering if he was truly crazy. The dark-skinned, white-haired boy looked back at him with a serious glance. When Zed caught back his breath, and class resumed, he looked back at the freakish looking kid.

[I]Fine by me? it?s cool if he wants to have a little chat?[/I] Zed thought to himself as he waited for the bell to ring.

As if summoned, the sound of the bell echoed through the entire school. The din of stuffing books into bags and moving chairs and desks resonated loudly throughout the classroom and into the hall. Zed pushed his way through the departing algebra class, searching for the freak kid over the heads of the others. Unfortunately for Ezekiel, he stuck out like a sore thumb as he leant against some nearby lockers. Zed made a beeline for him, pushing seniors and juniors out of the way without regard.

Upon approaching the dark-skinned student, Zed suddenly found himself slammed firmly into the lockers. The whole corridor became silent, as the group of juniors passing by looked on, horrified. Ezekiel had the dark blue haired boy by the scruff of the shirt, his eyes looking down on Zed with a loathing fury.

[b]? You??[/b] Ezekiel growled angrily.

[b]? What do you want, freak??[/b] Zed retorted, his icy blue eyes glittering maliciously. He felt Ezekiel?s grip tighten at his neck. A rush of adrenaline pumped through the dark blue haired boy?s body. He liked being the underdog in these sorts of situations. It gave him so much more of an edge.

[b]? You should stop being such a nuisance to everyone and just leave,?[/b] Ezekiel snarled, the boys? gazes locked with growing animosity towards each other.

[b]? Heh. You?ll have to make me whitey,?[/b] Zed replied with a smirk. [b]? If you wanna try me, meet me at the Boston Public Gardens tonight at 6:45. If I lose, then I?m gone. If you lose, then you?re gone. Get it??[/b]

He watched Ezekiel think it over in his mind before letting the dark blue haired boy go.

[b]? Fine. You have a deal. Turn up on time,?[/b] Ezekiel growled warningly.

Zed cracked his knuckles and looked back at the white-haired boy with a lethal look in his eyes. [b]? Don?t insult me. I wouldn?t miss a chance to whoop your ass in a million years, freak.?[/b]

They both glared at each other before turning their separate ways. Zed walked down to the hall where most of the kids in the school were eating during their break. He yawned, stretching. His body may have been tired, but his mind was racing. The prospect of a fight with Mr White Hair was something he couldn?t miss. Hopefully some girls would come along and watch him put down the freak in a matter of moments.[/INDENT][/size][/color]

[size=1][indent]When the bell for the end of first period rang, Summer didn?t hear it at first, due to her headphones. When she finally noticed all the students filing out, she stood up and headed for the door, giving the substitute a teasing nod as she walked past, not bothering to see what he did in response.

On her way to Geometry, which she had next period, she heard the hushed, panicked whispers of a group of girls running in the same direction she was headed. Curious as to what was going on, she picked up her pace until it was hard to keep her hip bag from slapping her back as she went. She knew she had arrived at the scene when she heard angry voices, but couldn?t see the sources of the voices due to the crowd of students watching intently. Pushing her way through with little regard for those she shoved past until she reached the front, she had to clasp a hand over her mouth to keep her audible gasp from garnering too much attention.

[b]?Zeke???[/b] she muttered under her breath, shocked at the sight. He was never one for fights, yet here he was, on the brink of one, and with the notorious Zedidiah, no less.

[b]?? Get it??[/b] she caught the larger senior growling through the clenched teeth he attempted to hide with a grin.

[b]?Fine. You have a deal. Turn up on time.?[/b]

[b]?Don?t insult me. I wouldn?t miss a chance to whoop your ass in a million years, freak.?[/b]

When the two finally separated, Summer immediately grabbed Zeke by the arm and dragged him as far away from the scene as she could without leaving that particular wing of the building.

[b]?What the [I]hell[/I] do you think you?re doing??[/b] she snarled at him, her fingers digging further into his upper arm, causing him to wince momentarily.

[b]?What are you talking about? And would you kindly let go of me??[/b] After a moment or two of staring between the two of them, along with a slight tightening of her grip, the junior reluctantly released the young man?s arm with a dissatisfied grunt. [b]?Thank you,?[/b] he added sarcastically.

[b]?Oh, shut up. Do you know how much trouble you just got yourself in??[/b]

[b]?You aren?t my mother, Summer. Hell, you aren?t even older than I am. Who the hell do you think you are, scolding [I]me[/I]??[/b] he snapped, his irritation with Zed still negatively affecting his mood.

[b]?Zedidiah Kiefers is possibly Boston-Two?s biggest prick, and you just went and gave him a reason to target you as his next bullying-victim. That was the dumbest thing I think you could have possibly done,?[/b] she cried, her worry pushing her to hysterics.

[b]?Calm down already!?[/b] Zeke barked, not being a person that particularly cared for the shrill voice Summer could occasionally produce, [b]?I don?t really see why everyone thinks he?s so tough. I?m surprised that you do, too.?[/b] He eyed the shorter girl with suspicion before she sternly shook her head.

[b]?I?ve just seen what a nuisance that idiot can be, that?s all,?[/b] she growled, waving her hand to dismiss the issue, [b]?But now that you two have an appointment, I guess I?ll have to go, too.?[/b]

[b]?I don?t need a cheerleader.?[/b]

[b]?Who said I was going to be cheering??[/b] she teased, a devilish grin spreading across her face. [b]?I?ll be organizing the betting on the fight, of course.?[/b]

[b]?Of course,?[/b] Zeke chuckled, though he didn?t doubt that she?d actually organize some kind of way to make money off of his impending duel.

[b]?Hey, I gotta head to class now, but I?ll see you later, right??[/b]

[b]?Sure. See ya.?[/b]

As Summer strutted away, a bit more show-offish than she normally would have, sure that Zeke would sneak a peak at her retreating backside, she spun around for a moment to call back to him.

[b]?Don't come crying to me when you can't come back to school!?[/b] She saw him stick out his tongue at her before turning and walking away, leaving her satisfied with her excellent teasing ability.

Walking towards her next class, she still wondered if she actually could manage to set up some kind of pool. She?d have to get to the park a bit earlier than the fight was ?scheduled?, so she figured six twenty was a good time for her to arrive. Though the fight was a good eight hours away, she couldn?t help but feel more excited than she had for the past couple weeks.

[b]?It?s about time something interesting happen.?[/b][/indent]

---
[b]ooc ::[/b] Hope this is alright, Engel. ^_^;;[/size]

[SIZE=1]Kain was finished with his notes and tapping foot to his metal as he leaned back in his chair comfortably, unlucky for him, the bell rang loudy through out the school, making and echo loud enough for people across town to here. He groaned as he stood up ad put his aviators on, carring his binder under on arm and letting the other swing freely he walked through the door of his Ap Calculus class and down the hall way to a break area.

But now, his luck had changed, he saw a couple of guys duking it out in the hallway, one with blue hair and tattos, the other with white hair. Kain got excited quickly, he wanted to see someone get beat down, since his own body was aching for the chance do the do the same. He stood in the back, looking over quite a few heads to see the two "discuss" matters at hand. He then procedded to yell out.
[B]
"Get it get it, lets see some blood today. Come on boy, don't let him punk you like that."[/B] He's not sure if they heard him, but it didn't matter much to him, as long as he said what he was gonna say. He did notice a few people glare at him then turn back around when he saw them and puffed out his chest a little holding out his arms wide. Acting like a normal joke would, taunting people left and right, complete disregard for the seniors or anyone of his grade level. He just kept saying the same thing, thinking maybe someone would try to start something.
[B]
"Can't touch this. None of ya can, I'm too quick and strong for any of you little punks. You ain't got nothing on me son."[/B] And his taunts just continued, reaching the point of annoying anyone that passed by. But Kain just kept it up, he was aching for a fight, the itch that always followed was what always got him into trouble. He always wanted to fight, always ready to, always willing to beat someone down.

Until finally, some irritated senior decided to shut him up. A senior about six feet tall, dark brown hair, little wiry but still showing visable muscles strided up to Kain. Trying to look tough as he walked by, Kain just smiled his usual smile. He kept his aviators on as the senior slightly adjusted his view to the tab bit shorter Kain. He started talking to him in an angry tone.
[B]
"Listen here, you are drving my last nerve right now junior. I'm tired of hearing you tuants and your complete disrespect for people. And it is about time someone showed you what it is like to be humiliated and shown to be weak in front of everyone."[/B] Kain kept his smile, but tilted his aviators down, revealing his rather piercing hazel eyes.

He stared dead into the seniors eyes with them, and the higher classman could see something in his eyes. Something fierce and brutal, something that deep inside. Like a caged animal, waiting to be set loose and run rampant upon the world. Kain spoke in a harsher tone.
[B]
"Are you gonna be the one to do something about it?" [/B]Kain kept his stare, as did the upper classman. He nodded at Kain. Kains smile grew a bit bigger then he tilted his aviators back on to his face, covering his hawk like eyes and started talking again.
[B]
"Alright, when and where buddy. I'll take you down anyday, anytime."[/B]

"Today, after school. Out front." The senior said in a cold voice, Kain kept the smile and just nodded his head. The senior turned around and walked off. Kain walked a different direction, his blood pumping and his body readying itself for the up coming conflict. No matter how far he walked, or where he was, he still had that smile on his face. And that killer look in his eyes. [/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]When the small wad of paper had hit her head, she barely even noticed the light pressure, but was suddenly quite aware that the classroom was full, and the teacher speaking monotonously.
Inside, she cringed. [i]Did I really sleep for so long?[/i] It was absolutely unbelievable ? what an embarrassing start to her first day. Slowly, Ana raised her head, only to find a young man with shockingly white hair looking at her.

He smiled, saying quietly, [b]??Ey?Ana, put your head back down. Yeh look tired. ?E?s just talkin? about his bikes again. Mr. Terrell always does this.?[/b]
It was surprising to her, that he knew her name, but she didn?t know what else to do, so she nodded slightly and slowly put her head down again. However, she was now wide awake, and faced the window so that she wouldn?t show that she was listening to the scritch-scratch of the pen that she now heard. Quietly, unnoticed, she observed their passing note, back and forth, and then kept listening to the dull tone of Mr. Terry as he droned? After the note had passed, one of the other boys started to laugh, and she tried to catch a better glimpse of his face, but found that he was hidden from her view by the student sitting between them. Again she found herself lulled by monotony of the teacher?s voice.

The bell jolted Ana out of her dreamy state, and she almost jumped out of her desk. The students stood to leave the classroom en masse, Mr. Terry trying to fit in a last word, and she quickly followed, grabbing her book-bag off of her desk. It was when she was leaving the classroom that she noticed the white-haired boy speaking with another boy from class, one with icy, bright-blue eyes. They stood by the lockers, talking to one another, and it didn?t look friendly at all.

[b]?What do you want, freak??[/b] the boy with inky blue hair responded to something the white-haired boy said. She recognized his voice as the one that had suddenly burst out laughing, and realized that he was also the one that probably had thrown the wad of paper at her. She waited, listening to the rest of their exchange.

[i]Boston Public Gardens? Where is that?[/i] She watched the two students go their separate ways, one of them besieged by a girl who was obviously upset, and then started to leave as well, curious, and slightly worried. However, just as she passed the classroom door again, she saw the wad of paper at the top of the trashcan. Without even a thought, she quickly took it, and in her next classroom flattened the sheet out on her desk. Reading it, her brow furrowed. [i]Oh no?this is because of me! What if someone gets hurt? I can?t let this happen?I can?t let this be my fault.[/i] She crumpled up the note again, anxiety clearly written on her face. [i]But what am I supposed to do? I?m going to have enough of a time getting away from the driver, let alone find these gardens on my own? What am I going to do?[/i] She bit her lip, thinking. Perhaps that girl who had been scolding the white-haired boy could help her?

The bell rang again to signal the beginning of class, but the teacher had not arrived yet.
Suddenly Ana?s heart stopped as a last student walked into the door of the classroom. [i]Janos? It can?t be![/i] Then she saw his features more clearly, and it was only then that she realized she had been holding her breath. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to clear her head, and then swallowed.

?Jonas! You?re here! Dude, we thought you weren?t coming,? some male students greeted the young man, and he walked over to them.

Ana couldn?t stop making comparisons: [i]Janos and Jonas?they both look so much the same, and even their names are similar. I know it?s just a coincidence, but?[/i] She shook her head again, and then tried to concentrate her attention elsewhere as the teacher finally entered the classroom. Still, Ana couldn?t get rid of the uneasy feeling, and kept glancing over at him.

[b]?Miss Nadasdy, if you would be so kind as to rejoin the lesson, instead of gawking at Jonas??[/b] the teacher suddenly called out. The students turned to stare, and giggling and whispering as well. Ana flushed, moisture gathering in her eyes, and she murmured an apology.
[i]You deserved that one,[/i] she thought to herself. This first day definitely could not get any worse? [/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

[size=1]OOC:
[b]1[/b] - Why is everyone trying to kill each other...? ahaha..ha.. ^__^;;;
[b]2[/b] - Kain, they obviously weren't duking it out...definitely [b]not[/b] what was written.[/size]

Dropping off Matt at his class, Jonas walked a few doors down to his next class which happened to be AP English Literature. But on his way, he became distracted by the loud thud of a person being slammed into a locker. Wondering who was causing the ruckus, Jonas walked back to the intersection of where the lockers stood and found a blue-haired boy and a white-haired boy in a slight tense situation. Jonas merely chuckled, realizing who the two were.

He stood with arms crossed and waited for something to happen. He didn?t know the two students personally but had known what they were about. The blue-haired one was called Zedidiah Kiefers and happened to be a sophomore. He was known for his agile ?float like a butterfly, sting like a bee? method; while the white-haired boy was Ezekiel Kraskinov, a junior. This kid was known for his unpredictability. There wasn?t a single method he used, however he seemed to turn out just fine while the opponent didn?t.

Jonas stood there thinking how it?d be an interesting fight when he was pushed out of the way by a small black-haired girl who appeared to look Asian. She put a hand over her mouth and muttered Ezekiel?s name. Jonas ignored her and looked back at the two students, listening in on their conversation and caught the place they would meet at: Boston Public Garden. Coincidentally, that was where Jonas was going to meet his buddies. He chuckled to him and left before the administration came and broke up whatever was going on.

As he walked into his classroom, Jonas? name was called by another friend of his who went by the name of Nate Dogg- after the familiar rapper?s name. With a slight nod of his head, he walked over to an empty desk next to his friends and began conversing about what happened outside. While he did this, the teacher walked in and began class with side notes to certain students, particularly Jonas and Nate. The two gave the teacher a look of innocence and shock, laughing as they did.

A few minutes into the class- which happened to be AP English- the teacher, Ms. Kerry, singled out a student.

[B]?Miss Nadasdy, if you would be so kind as to rejoin the lesson, instead of gawking at Jonas??[/B]

The entire class giggled and chuckled while the girl?s face suddenly turned red and murmured an apology. Nate turned back in his seat but Jonas couldn?t help but look at the girl. He wondered why she was staring at her. Before he was sucked into the same problem the girl had, Nate nudged him and he turned in his seat. But, like the girl, he couldn?t help but stare back at her. He figured he?d befriend her after class or when Ms. Kerry put them in groups. Perhaps then he might be able to learn her name and who she is.

[color=white]In the clearest and most precise terms as possible, Matt was bored. He was bored out bored out of his mind. He was so bored that he was fairly certain that his brain would leap out of his skull out of protest.

Matt hated Algebra. Now, it wasn?t just because it made as much sense as The Matrix, but he could care less for all the numbers. He could only take the numbers for so long before he would go brain dead.

The teacher, Miss Welch, rambled on about another subject. Well, it really wasn?t rambling. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about, and it wasn?t in a single, dull monotone that was so stereotypical of math teachers. She was feigning emotions at the very least.

It was just that Math was boring as hell. And the fact it was so confusing didn?t make things better. Now, Matt tried to look like he was paying attention, but in truth, words were coming in one ear and out the other.

Matt looked at his watch. It was only nine. He still had another hour of this torture.

At least he had study hall. A good nap would do him some real good.
[/color]

[B][SIZE=3]OOC[/SIZE][/B] Short, I know. No complaining! :mad:

Maths passed very slowly. Cameron was extremely relieved when the bell rang, signalling the end of the session. She was one of the first people out of their seats, shoving things into her backpack and fleeing the classroom before anything else could be said.

There was a flood of students moving around between classes. Cameron sped up her pace, dodging and weaving in between groups of friends who were chatting in the middle of the halls. She hated moving from Maths to Music because they were completely on opposite sides of the school. She pushed through a particular blockage of students, picking up her pace so she could get to class on time. Cam actually enjoyed music because it was a loud way to express herself.

She made it through the door before the bell rang, taking a seat next to her friends in the class. As the teacher walked through the door, she announced that today would just be showcasing because a few adults followed in after her, taking seats. Cameron raised her eyebrow, wondering who the people were, but shrugged. Not a problem.

As the class went on, some students that went before her did solo acts; singing or playing their instruments, while others opted for doing it in groups. When Cameron was called upon, she nodded to her three friends and they stood up together, making their way to the front of the class.

A set of microphones on stands had already been set up at the front for the other items, and a drum kit toward the back of the area in case it was needed. The smallest girl in her group took a seat on the stool behind the drums, picking up the drumsticks and twirling them between her fingers.

Cameron picked up the electric guitar from the stand and lifted the strap up and over her head, resting it on her shoulder comfortably. It had been tuned earlier, but she still gave it a strum to check. Cam pulled one of two picks from her pocket, the small piece of plastic was hard and looked stormy blue, in comparison to the other in her pocket which was softer and a pale pink (made for using with an acoustic).

When she looked up again, her other two friends, a guy and a girl had picked up guitars as well, the guy held another electric, while the girl had a bass. They all plugged in their amp cables and with a nod from Cam they started.

She strummed the beats on her guitar, synching with her friends easily after spending long practise sessions with each other. She bobbed her head to the music before stepping up to the front microphone.

[i][b]"Let me know that I've done wrong
When I've known this all along
I go around a time or two
Just to waste my time with you

Tell me all that you've thrown away
Find out games you don't wanna play
You are the only one that needs to know"[/b][/i]

Cameron's gaze washed over the class, her eyes a deep blue instead of their usual stormy blue. The beat of the song already had people smiling with recognition, mouthing the words and bobbing their heads or tapping their feet. She glanced over at Eric and Amy, the other two guitarists. They were the two who sung the echo and support parts for when it was needed.

[b][i]"I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)
My dirty little secret
Who has to know

When we live such fragile lives
It's the best way we survive
I go around a time or two
Just to waste my time with you

Tell me all that you've thrown away
Find out games you don't wanna play
You are the only one that needs to know

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
My dirty little secret
Who has to know

The way she feels inside (inside)
Those thoughts I can't deny (deny)
These sleeping dogs won't lie (won't lie)
And all I've tried to hide
It?s eating me apart
Trace this life out"[/b][/i]

She broke off and stepped back from the microphone as the quartet hammered on their instruments, with the drums giving off a steady rhythm in the background while the guitarists did rifts up and down briefly. Cameron strummed the strings once more as the bridge ended, leaving the guitar hanging as she dropped an octave, eyes looking into those of the class members.

(Dirty little secret)
(Just another regret)"[/b][/i]

For the final refrain she picked up the guitar again.

(Dirty little secret)
My dirty little secret
Dirty little secret
Dirty little secret

Who has to know?
Who has to know?[/b][/i]

The last note was left hanging, dying off as the strings stopped vibrating. They were applauded. The four of them bowed and put their instruments away, hurrying off stage for the next performer(s).

[B]"Good job, guys."[/B] Cam smiled at her friends.

She was pleased with her performance. The day seemed to be looking up.

[CENTER]---[/CENTER]

[B]OOC:[/B] The song is [I][B]"Dirty Little Secret"[/B][/I] by The All-American Rejects. I don't really know why I chose the song besides the fact it's kinda catchy. ^^;;

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]She looked up at the clock for the fiftieth time, relieved to see that there were now only about ten minutes of class left. [i]I?m almost through, almost out of here?[/i] Then she could run for cover, and hopefully by the next day everyone would have forgotten about her embarrassing incident.

Suddenly, Ms. Kerry clapped her hands at the front of the classroom to get everyone?s attention, [b]?Alright everyone, I?d like you all now to get into groups of three. For the last ten minutes you should get to know each other and exchange contact information, because tomorrow I will assign each group a section of ?[i]The Crucible[/i]? to analyze and discuss. Come on now, get moving!?[/b]

[i]What? Groups?[/i] Ana felt miserable ? groups on the first day?she was hesitant to move, not knowing anyone. However, she saw Jonas and his friend coming towards her, and the color left her face again. Before she knew it, she had jumped up from her seat, the chair making a loud screech against the floor. Mumbling a quick excuse about the bathroom to Ms. Kerry, Ana left the room without waiting for a response from the surprised teacher. As soon as she closed the classroom door, she broke into a run down the hall, her steps echoing loudly on the tile, and she didn?t stop until she reached the girls? bathroom.

Catching her breath, she leaned her head back against the stall door, staring up at the water-stained ceiling. [b]?Oh jeez, I panicked again,?[/b] Ana said out loud to herself. The echo spoke back to her, and she closed her eyes against the sound. [i]Ana, it?s not him. It?s not him, so stop panicking, and go back. Stop being afraid.[/i] She waited another few minutes, taking deep breaths to calm herself. She heard the sound of someone else enter the bathroom and go into the stall next to her. Ana waited a moment before unlocking her own stall, and then went to the sink to wash her hands. The other girl also came out, and turned the water on in the sink next to her.

Glancing out of the corner of her eye, Ana noticed that it was the girl that she had seen earlier, [b]??Oh, you were with that white-haired boy?right??[/b][/color]

[color=darkgreen]The girl looked up, sweeping back her long hair, [b]?You mean Ezekiel? Yes, I was.?[/b] She held out her hand, [b]?The name is Summer Calurra.?[/b][/color]

[color=darkslateblue][b]?Oh, I?m sorry, I didn?t introduce myself. I?m Ana Sanglante Nadasdy?but most people just call me Ana,?[/b] she said as she tentatively shook the girl?s hand.[/color]

[color=darkgreen][b]?Nice to meet you, Ana. How do you know Ezekiel?[/b][/color]

[color=darkslateblue]Ana shook her head, ?Oh, I don?t really. He sits in front of me in one of my classes, and I just saw him and that other boy talking??[/color]

[color=darkgreen]Summer nodded, sighing in frustration, [b]?You mean Zedidiah Kiefers. That kid is like a terrorist, I swear. ?Zeke and Kiefers are both too stubborn and proud to back down? Guys can be such idiots sometimes.?[/b][/color]

[color=darkslateblue][b]?You?re talking about at the Boston Public Gardens tonight, right??[/b][/color]

[color=darkgreen]Summer looked at Ana out of the corner of her eye, [b]?How do [i]you[/i] know about that??[/b][/color]

[color=darkslateblue][b]?Well??[/b] Ana then related the entire story to summer, explaining why she thought that she was partly to blame. [b]?Could you show me where the Gardens are after school??[/b][/color]

[color=darkgreen][b]?You?re not actually thinking of going, are you? I mean, no offense, but you don?t really look like the type to get involved in a fight??[/b][/color]

[color=darkslateblue]Ana looked down, [b]?I don?t know if I can really do anything, but I also don?t want anyone getting hurt because of me.?[/b][/color]

[color=darkgreen]Summer shook her head, [b]?It isn?t really your fault. I?m sure that sooner or later they would have bumped up against each other. But if you really want to go, then I?ll show you where it is. Just meet me out front after school.?[/b][/color]

[color=darkslateblue][b]?Oh! Can we meet somewhere else??[/b][/color]

[color=darkgreen][b]?Why??[/b][/color]

[color=darkslateblue]Ana fidgeted, [b]?Let?s just say?I?m trying to avoid some people.?[/b][/color]

[color=darkgreen]Summer?s eyes sparkled, [b]?Oh, I see? Don?t worry ? I?m an expert in things like this.?[/b][/color] [color=darkslateblue]The younger girl then began to lay out the details of their escape plan after school, until they were interrupted by the school bell. Both girls then ran out of the bathroom, each heading off to their respective classrooms.

Ana ran back through the rush of students in the hall. Upon reaching Ms. Kerry?s classroom again, she peeked in slowly. The classroom looked empty. Her bag was still sitting on her desk, so she slipped silently inside to grab it as quickly as possible.[/COLOR]

OOC: I thought I'd leave details of the escape to you, Kitty. Hope you don't mind ^__^;;[/SIZE]

[COLOR=White][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma][B]"Aizen, what is the answer to number twenty- seven in the Algebra II textbook?"

"Umm... eight plus or minus the square- root of fifty."

"Very good, Aizen. You may sit down now."[/B]

Aizen slowly sighed as she slumped down into her seat, gently laying her textbook down and laying her head onto her hands on her desk. Algebra II was her most least favorite class of the day, but at least she was smart in it.... and it was almost the end of class.

She had just transfered into her new school a couple of days ago and didn't really know anyone. Everyone seemed friendly to her and asked her to join their groups so that she could become popular, but she eventually turned them all down. Aizen wasn't the type to like materialistic people too much, but instead, wanted friends who were actually honest with each other and didn't gossip for once. But, even if it would be possible to find people like that, she hadn't found any of them yet... still being friendless for the third day in a row.
[B]
"Don't forget tonight's homework, students!"[/B] the math teacher yelled as the bell rang, letting everyone know it was the end of the school day.

The halls quickly flooded with rowdy students ready to go home, wanting to hang out with their friends. As Aizen slowly walked in the middle of the mess, it all seemed like a blur in her life, realizing that she was only a little fish in a huge school.

Aizen finally got to her locker as the hallway was almost empty, trash flittering everywhere. As she slowly opened her locker and put all her books into it, she sighed and leaned her head against the door, wondering if she was ever going to be alone the rest of her Senior year. [B]"This really sucks... I wish I could've stayed at my old school with my real friends,"[/B] she sulked as she slammed her locker door shut.

Suddenly, as she turned and stormed away, she violently bumped into someone, causing her to bounce backwards and land onto the floor.

[B]"Oww..."[/B] she cried softly, rubbing her head, [B]"Oh... I'm really, really sorry for b-"[/B] Her words stopped as she looked onto the teen boy she had bumped into, slightly blushing.

[B]"Oh hey, I'm really sorry about that,"[/B] the boy replied with a worried look on his face, reaching his hand towards her, [B]"I didn't mean to... I can be a bit clumsy at times."[/B]

[CENTER]++++[/CENTER]

[B]OOC:[/B] It's pretty short, I just wanted to let people know I'm here and become good friends with me. ;]

Oh and the guy can be anybody... I just need a boyfriend, fast! XD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=white]These are the thoughts of Matthew Camien as the clock pressed ever closer to ringing:

Pencil in ear? Check. Everyone packed? Checked. Belt tightened so I won?t be slowed? Triple check.

Everything was perfect. Miss Welch was finishing the lesson; everyone else was ready to barge out of here. And I was all set to go.

Now all that was left was for the bell to ring.

U tightened the grip on my desk. I was fairly certain my fingers were digging into it.

The hand moved an inch.

YES!

Wait, did it just move back an inch? Seriously, that clock has a death wish.

And then the bell rang. And he was free. Leaping over the desk and throwing his backpack over him in one full swoop, he was out the door. He was out of the oblivion that was Math! Like Speedy Gonzales, he sped through the halls. He didn?t know why he was going so fast. It was only the unofficial nap period.

Then he bumped into somebody. Luckily he had to turn a corner, so he wasn?t like a bat out of hell and sent the person rolling down the stairs. That would be a major embarrassment, especially since the person was a girl.

It should also be noted that she was all very sexy.

"Oww..." she cried softly, rubbing her head, "Oh... I'm really, really sorry for b-" Her words stopped as she looked onto the teen boy she had bumped into, slightly blushing.

"Oh hey, I'm really sorry about that," he replied with a worried look on his face, reaching his hand towards her, "I didn't mean to... I can be a bit clumsy at times."

?Its all right?, she said apologetically. ?Are you new here??

?Huh? Oh, um, yeah. You know the restaurant that just opened up? Like five minutes away? That?s my dad?s.?

?That?s awesome. So, you get a good lunch everyday, right??

?Not really. My dad doesn?t open up shop til ten.?

?Oh. Well, I need to go. Bye.?

?Bye.?

[i]I so screwed that up.[/i]
[/color]

Jonas watched the girl run out of the room as if she had seen a ghost. She seemed spooked about something; whatever it was, Jonas wanted to know. It wasn?t everyday that someone stared at him across the room as if they knew him. But it wasn?t everyday that he decided to befriend people he rarely talked to. It wasn?t in his nature. In fact, nothing was in his nature.

Sighing, he listened to his friend- Nate- talk his ear off about the expo show in New York. Even though he appeared to be listening, everything went in through one ear and out the other. Jonas couldn?t keep his mind off of that girl. He couldn?t help but think, [B][i]?Why was she staring at me??[/B][/i] He figured there had to be a reason as to why she did. He wanted to know.

Sighing again, Jonas looked at the clock and the door and figured she wasn?t coming back anytime soon. He figured he?d surprised her by coming over and probably scared her off. It was then that Jonas decided to leave it at that. She probably wanted to avoid him and if that?s the case, he?ll leave her alone. He looked at his friend and nodded, then smacked his friend on the head for having an idea such as driving to New York. Nate rubbed the back of his head and gave a look of ?What the hell was that for??

When the bell rang, Jonas shrugged his shoulders in reply and walked off. Nate hurried beside him and put his arm around Jonas as the two walked out of class. They went to their lockers- which were conveniently beside each other- and put away their belongings, only taking what they needed for the next class. Jonas didn?t need much, only his gym clothes which were already in his gym locker. He departed with his friend and walked towards the gym, only to shoulder-bump another student.

[B]?Sorry ?bout that, Ezekiel.?[/B] The white-haired boy looked at Jonas with a raised brow. He was about to respond to his apology but Jonas had already started to leave, waving his hand behind him to Ezekiel. Indeed Jonas was a loner of sorts but he made it his business to know the students in his school- no matter how large the school was. But that wasn?t what was on his mind, it was the fact that he kept bumping into people and others did that as well. He only thought of it as normal day routine but something wasn?t exactly right and his ?spider sense? had accurately proven him right.

Jonas opened the door to the boys? locker room before thinking that there wasn?t anything else going on besides the every day routine.

[B][i]?Hopefully I?m wrong and there really isn?t anything going on.?[/B][/i]

[size=1][indent][b]?So what do you have sixth period??[/b] Summer asked the older girl.

[b]?Art,?[/b] Ana replied.

[b]?Oh, well then it'll be easy sneaking you out of here,?[/b] Summer giggled, her eyes gleaming. She went over a simple plan with her new acquaintance. It involved the two of them taking the longer route around the game fields on campus, then walking a few extra blocks to take the back entrance to the Gardens. Though she didn't know Jonas, she knew very few people took the long way to the Gardens, and if he did she figured she could get Ezekiel to distract him with some nonsense conversation so they could get away. She found Ana's plight rather cute, and much easier to deal with than when she had been in a similar situation.

The bell rang, forcing the two to say their good-byes and head towards their next classes. Summer told Ana to wait outside her classroom after school was let out, from where the two would meet up and head for the park.

[b]?Hey!?[/b] she heard a familiar voice call. Looking back over her shoulder, she spotted the tall, white-haired boy coming towards her through the crowded hallway. She grinned and slowed down so he could catch up.

[b]?Ready for Misses Zehner today??[/b]

[b] ?She doesn't scare me,?[/b] Zeke replied. The two walked into their classroom and sat next to each other towards the back of the room. When class began, Summer almost immediately stopped paying attention to the lesson and instead started doodling pictures in the margin of her notebook. She was interrupted when a folded piece of paper landed on her desk. Noting the handwriting, she realized who it was from and rolled her eyes before shooting a glance over at the boy beside her. He made a face at her before pointing at the note, which she reluctantly opened and read.

Normally, the notes she received from Zeke were full of secrets he knew about her that she would prefer weren't written down. The two had known each other since the second grade, when she moved to Boston-Two with her parents. They were lucky enough to get placed in the same classes as they went through school, and when they were allowed to choose their own, they choose to take the same classes, too. When he got bored, he would remind her of rather embarrassing things to get a reaction out of her.

What was written on the inside of today's note was written in French, but she understood it immediately. The question on the paper made her eyes widen and her cheeks blush momentarily, before she quickly folded it back up and shot him an angry glare. He gave her an innocent look before turning back towards the front of the room.

[i]?You pervert?[/i], she wrote simply before tossing it back, successfully hitting him in the head. Despite the unconcerned look she wore on her face, she wondered what he was writing in response, and was almost anxious for him to toss it back over. She stole several glances over at him before finally seeing him fold up the paper, and she quickly pretended to focus on her doodling again.

[i]?You know you like it. And answer the question!?[/i] the note teased. The two sent the paper back and forth for almost the whole period, teasing, making fun of and sharing inside jokes with each other before they heard their names being called. Looking up, Summer saw Mrs. Zehner walking briskly towards them, and she was suddenly extremely glad that he hadn't finished writing a response to her last comment.

[b]?Ezekiel, would you kindly hand me that note??[/b] the strict woman asked, a hint of malice in her voice. She loved catching students in the act of breaking the rules, even when they were simply passing notes. Without a moments hesitation, he gave her the piece of paper he held in his hand, and Summer could've sworn he was smirking when she read it to herself.

[b]?You two. Principal's office. Now.?[/b]

[b]?For what??[/b] Summer asked almost immediately, though she didn't really mind the thought of getting to leave class early. She wasn't really paying attention, anyway.

[b]?[i]Go[/i],?[/b] the older woman insisted, the anger growing in her voice. Summer didn't press further, having seen and been almost frightened of her French teacher's angry side before. Grabbing her bag, she walked out of the classroom behind Zeke. Once the door was shut behind them, she smacked the back of his head before asking what he had written.

[b]?I asked you again.?[/b]

[b]?Asked me what??[/b]

[b]?Quelle couleur est vos sous-vêtements??[/b] he smirked, sticking his tongue out. She immediately smacked him again, though he only laughed and ran ahead of her. She fought to hide the blush on her face before chasing after him.[/indent]

---
[b]ooc ::[/b] I do not speak French. >__>;; I used an online translator, so sorry if it makes no sense. XD And this is totally Engel's idea, by the way. :P[/size]

[color=white][size=1]Ezekiel laughed and sprinted through the halls, slowing down enough to let Summer catch up and throw her arm around his neck, rubbing the top of his head roughly with her knuckles. He slipped his head out of her arm and laughed, putting his arm around her head and returning the favor. They were, however, interrupted by the footsteps of another student quickly approaching them. Ezekiel unwrapped his arm from her neck and let Summer stand up straight.

Ezekiel expected it to be somebody he didn't know and simply didn't want them to get the wrong idea. After all, even though they'd known each other forever, they weren't going out or anything. However, the person that came up to them made Ezekiel visibly tense.

Daniel smiled at Summera and gave a brief nod to Ezekiel, proceeding to ignore Zeke. He was tall and sandy-blond haired, handsome and gifted with the personality that attracted people. Ezekiel's hand closed into a fist as he stayed directly by Summer's side.

[b]"So Summer, how yeh been?"[/b] He smiled at her coyly as Zeke held back from hurting this guy. They were still going out. Daniel would end up hurting her and breaking her heart like he had several times before. Ezekiel sighed inside of himself and tried to push back that kind of thought. After all, it was her free will to date and be with who she liked, right?

[b]"Eh, I'm okay, you?"[/b] She asked, biting her lip in just that cute way that would drive Daniel crazy. Zeke was too absorbed into his own thoughts to realize that he was being leaned on heavily by Summer and that Daniel was walking off. He wanted her to be safe, even though he harassed and played around with her every day. By the time he was brought back to reality, Summer was leaning up against him and Daniel was nowhere to be found.

[b]"...What happened?"[/b]

[b]"He...said that I didn't really mean anything to him after all. He said it was fun for a while..."[/b] Summer sounded quite distant. Warning signs went off in Ezekiel's head and he gently pulled her aside into an unused classroom. He sat her in one of the desks and looked at her for a while.

[b]" 'Ey, Summer?"[/b]

[b]"Mmm?"[/b]

[b]"I've always really really liked you and stuff and y'know, and you're my friend, and I and...ummm..."[/b] Ezekiel was soon interrupted by the rather loud PA system, demanding Summer and Zeke in the office. He looked at Summer, who was still brooding over what had been said to her by Daniel. Slowly, the pair made their way to the office. A kindly woman in her 30's greeted them and allowed them to head back to the principal's office.

As they entered the small room and sat down, they realized they would be alone for a bit as the secretary said something about a Northwest Allen County schoolboard meeting. Ezekiel chose the seat that was closest to the desk, and Summer took the seat right next to him. After chewing vigorously on his lips for a while, he watched the clock. He really did care about her. This time, he wouldn't be interrupted. Slowly, Zeke turned to Summer.

[b]"Summer...you're a very special person, and he didn't deserve yeh in the first place. I knwo that won't exactly make you feel better, but I just wanna ask something."[/b] Ezekiel stopped for a moment and then slowly continued, trying his hardest not to trip over his words.

[b]"Summer...will you go out with me?"[/b]

[/color]
[/size]

[b]OOC:[/b] whee for drama? x3