Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
is it true that after 2 hours it can burn holes in your tv screen. I know thats true with most screens but thats only if you don;t do anything with it and its not moving or doing anything....
o.o
can some one clear that up for me:)
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]lol... not holes... but like whatever is on your screen forever will be stuck on your screen even once you turn it off... the reason you have screen savers on CPU's... and i dont know if the case is the same for PSX/PS1/PS2's[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
That's happened to my PS1. Now I have a picture of the "pause" screen on Rock n Roll Racing stuck on my T.V..... AHHHHHH!!! NOOOOOO, my beautiful T.V..... :( :BAWL:
Posted
Usually you only need to worry about the image being burned onto your screen if you have a projection TV, I've never heard of that happening on regular tv's. If you just turn the tv off if u're going to leave it on pause you'll be fine. Unless you sit there and watch the screen being still for hours there's nothing to worry about.
Posted
Hmmm interesting. A lot of games seem to remedy this problem by having their own screen savers. Also they purposely have something flashing or moving, just to prevent this problem.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]Usually you only need to worry about the image being burned onto your screen if you have a projection TV, I've never heard of that happening on regular tv's. If you just turn the tv off if u're going to leave it on pause you'll be fine. Unless you sit there and watch the screen being still for hours there's nothing to worry about. [/B][/QUOTE]

That happened to my regular T.V. in my room. :( DOn't know how either..... :bawl:
Posted
Awesome. ^.^ I thought that as well kuja but I was talking to this older ladie that I knew and when I explained it to her she just sat there like I had said nothing at all.. maybe it was my wording?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lavy [/i]
[B]Awesome. ^.^ I thought that as well kuja but I was talking to this older ladie that I knew and when I explained it to her she just sat there like I had said nothing at all.. maybe it was my wording? [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Perhaps it was because she was an idiot? :rotflmao: Seriously though, I think that she might just not have been knowledgable about it, and was just trying to play it off like she DID know what she was saying.

As for burning an image on the TV. That is wierd. I have NEVER heard of anyone that has had the image burned on. Even when I have kept games on straight through a weekend, and not turned off the TV, there is still no image there. Guess Playstations just suck :D That felt good, LOL. None of my friends have ever had that happen in long sittings with the pause button, and a few of them have large screen TVs (one a 52" projection, and another a 42" umm. . regular TV) so. . wierd. =)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
I hav never heard of televisions getting a picture burned into it forever. I sure hope it doesn't happen to my tv. *Cuddles up in a corner*
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Guess Playstations just suck :D[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
HOW CAN U SAY THAT?!?!?! And in a SONY forum......
Posted
yah I was wondering if she knew or not because I was playing ff 8 for 3 days in a row.. *Coughs*my adiction has nothing to do with this but nothing happened to my computer so I wasn't sure
Posted
No it's not the ps systems fault (nope, it doesn't suck by the way). I remember even when I had snes or dreamcast, I remember a lot of people said if you keep a video game paused for a long time, you should ALWAYS keep the tv screen off and I think someone here already said that here. So it isn't the fault of the psx, ps2 or whatever.
Posted
who the hell is gonna keep their game paused ??? just save it and turn it back on l8er... its not like im gonna pause my game and take week long vacation and come back :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...
Posted
Well, there are games that require you to play for a certain amount of hours to get secrets and all (IE: SSBM). So there are people who do that...it just doesn't make any sense to leave the TV on while they're at it...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...