OtakuBoards

Coke's Recipe???

Fall

Is it true that Coke's (Coco-Cola) recipe is the most guarded recipe in the world? :confused: Because in my Science class a few weeks ago, we were doing an experiment that involved adding coke. Then our science teacher started talking about it, and it turned out that he was talking about its recipe. He said "Coke's recipe is the best kept secret in the world". Now I just wanted to know if this is true or not? Because even my mum and dad say it is. :confused: ::mad:

gah well when coke first started out (so i am told) before using caffeine, they used coke(the drug), that how it got its name, how original:p. Anyhow the coke in the tonic got people addicted so they would buy more and more, then the manufacturers replaced it with caffeine.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]Nah I doubt it's a very well kept secret, any mcdonalds worker can probably figure it out. Besides the government requires them to list all their ingredients, just need to know how much ::shrugs:: [/B][/QUOTE]Yeah, that's the [i]ingredients[/i].I'm talking about the recipe. :p The thing that tells you how to make it, and how to mix it, and all that stuff. :p

Please, don't u ppl know that almost all food companies don't tell the whole story when it comes to making stuff? Like one time, I took a bite into a bar of chocolate, that was supposed to be just chocolate, and I bit into a nut! I hate nuts in my chocolate! But the bad part is, for some ppl, just touching a nut, or whatever their allergic to makes them break out! My lil bro breaks out just touching nuts! It was really freaky when it first happened this year, which was the first time he actually ever touched a walnut to eat it!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]Please, don't u ppl know that almost all food companies don't tell the whole story when it comes to making stuff? Like one time, I took a bite into a bar of chocolate, that was supposed to be just chocolate, and I bit into a nut! I hate nuts in my chocolate![/B][/QUOTE]
Yes, but if you read the pakaging around it, it says "May contain traces of nut or egg". That's happened to me before.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]
Yes, but if you read the pakaging around it, it says "May contain traces of nut or egg". That's happened to me before..... [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Exactly... just that, I am not allergic to anything.

And Akito, some people break out just when they are in the same [i]room[/i] as nuts... bad huh?[/SIZE]

[B]
Yes, but if you read the pakaging around it, it says "May contain traces of nut or egg". That's happened to me before..... [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, it wasn't a Hershey's bar, it was some small local company that makes candy. And it didn't have anything about "May Contain traces of nut or egg", and when they mean trace, they mean bits and peices, not a whole nut! actually, there were three nuts in it... And yeah gohan, thats pretty bad!

[B]Is it true that Coke's (Coco-Cola) recipe is the most guarded recipe in the world? :confused: Because in my Science class a few weeks ago, we were doing an experiment that involved adding coke. Then our science teacher started talking about it, and it turned out that he was talking about its recipe. He said "Coke's recipe is the best kept secret in the world". Now I just wanted to know if this is true or not? Because even my mum and dad say it is. :confused: ::mad: [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]So I've heard. [/FONT] ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kool_aid13 [/i]
[B]I would prefer sprite, but I like coke. If you want their recipe, just look at the side of the wrapper that says "ingredients." It won't say how much of one thing to put in, but it's close enough. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's the ingredients, the stuff that's in it. But with some things, if you don't mix them a certain way, they don't turn out right. So I suppose that if you just put in that stuff on it wrapper (ingredients), even if it was the right ammount, it could still turn out completely different because of the way you mixed it. :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stardust [/i]
[B]hmmm......dunno,but I do know coke has a ph level of 2.8,which could dissolve a finger nail in 4 days [/B][/QUOTE]
Hehehe, never get coke under your finger nails, or never let it [i]go[/i] under your finger nail, like dip your finger in a glass of coke. :D My pop did, and now he has a hole through the middle of his thumb. Dunno if it was from the coke, but it happened about 5 days after..... :rolleyes: :wigout: