Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']If you are trying to say i'm not funy, I wasn't trying to be. I just hate music. Can I not do that without receiving flak? I don't point and laugh at you for listening to nothing but crap.[/COLOR][/quote]

I'm surprised that with your affinity for complex, involved, progressive music such as Agalloch and Opeth you'd dismiss classical music. Sure, plenty of people can play violin, but that's not the point. It's the compositions themselves. Classic masterpieces are some of the most brilliant, epic pieces ever concieved. Maybe you just haven't heard the right classical. Check out Paganini and Vivaldi - metal music ows every bit as much to those two composers as it does to Sabbath, Maiden, and Priest.
Posted
[quote name='Jakehammaren']I'm surprised that with your affinity for complex, involved, progressive music such as Agalloch and Opeth you'd dismiss classical music. Sure, plenty of people can play violin, but that's not the point. It's the compositions themselves. Classic masterpieces are some of the most brilliant, epic pieces ever concieved. Maybe you just haven't heard the right classical. Check out Paganini and Vivaldi - metal music ows every bit as much to those two composers as it does to Sabbath, Maiden, and Priest.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Meh, I'm not one to worry about the origins of a genre. I don't like Sabbath or Priest at all, and Maiden just can't compare to the bands who've expanded on their sound (really, they have no excuse for not improving, since they're still releasing albums.) And anywho, classical may be good, it's just not my style ;P[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#0033ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Okay I have a new song that makes me want to pull over to the side of the road and smash my car stereo with my fully loaded Coach bag.

[b]Girlfriend... or I don't like your girlfriend... or lame attempt at someone wanting to make a song about someone's girlfriend[/b] by [b]Avril Lavigne[/b]

Now don't laugh- I thought You're not alone was pretty good and since I listen to everything but hard core metal and rap (I like my hearing and I don't want it to go away) But this song reminds me of high school cheerleaders... and it sucks.

Another selection- Anything Gwen Stefani has done during her solo career. I don't care that she sampled stuff from Fiddler on the Roof (Listen to If I were a Rich Girl- doesn't it sound like- If I were a Rich Man?) or that she's got an insanely over priced clothing line which is why she now dresses like she got really drunk before going into her closet (LAMB) I just wish she'd go back to No Doubt where she actually sounded good.[/color][/font]
Posted
[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=#0033ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Okay I have a new song that makes me want to pull over to the side of the road and smash my car stereo with my fully loaded Coach bag.

[b]Girlfriend... or I don't like your girlfriend... or lame attempt at someone wanting to make a song about someone's girlfriend[/b] by [b]Avril Lavigne[/b]

Now don't laugh- I thought You're not alone was pretty good and since I listen to everything but hard core metal and rap (I like my hearing and I don't want it to go away) But this song reminds me of high school cheerleaders... and it sucks.

Another selection- Anything Gwen Stefani has done during her solo career. I don't care that she sampled stuff from Fiddler on the Roof (Listen to If I were a Rich Girl- doesn't it sound like- If I were a Rich Man?) or that she's got an insanely over priced clothing line which is why she now dresses like she got really drunk before going into her closet (LAMB) I just wish she'd go back to No Doubt where she actually sounded good.[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

Yes the Ska sound of No Doubt sounds much better than her terrible craptastic pop career. I hate alot of her songs I just wish she would go back to what made her famous.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...