OtakuBoards

Persona 3

Magus

[color=crimson]I picked up Fes, but I have about a month to go before I do the dirty deed against the [spoiler]Nyx Avatar[/spoiler]. I want to crawl through the last bit of the game before I restart the original game on Fes, and then do Fes' extra story.

By the way, Yuko is a terrible girl to date. She is available only on two days of the week and events/school holidays always seem to take up one or both of those days. I spent half the game getting her social link up, lol.[/color]

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]By the way, Yuko is a terrible girl to date. She is available only on two days of the week and events/school holidays always seem to take up one or both of those days. I spent half the game getting her social link up, lol.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I never bothered to build up her link. I figured that is the kind of person I don't want to date in life, why waste my character's time with a vapid, useless relationship.[/COLOR]

I think Yuko winds up being one of the more interesting ones, honestly.

By the way, the FES additions to the main game have been great. The new Personas are cool, there's new test questions and dialog, some small additions that make things come together a little better, etc. I enjoyed the little excursion I had with [spoiler]Elizabeth[/spoiler].

• 4 weeks later...
[FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]This game is really really good.

My mother and brother were going to the video store to rent movies and games, and they asked me if I wanted anything. I had no idea what to get, considering I still only have a PS2 and most if not all great games are coming out for the new generation of systems. So I decide to check a few online gaming sites for the top PS2 games, and low and behold, Persona 3 is at the top of almost every list. I had never even heard of the Persona series before, and with only the knowledge of it being a decent RPG, I told them to pick it up for me. Boy am I glad it was actually there.

This game is down right addicitng. At first I wasn't too excited about not being able to do much on your own for the first hour of the game, but after I entered Tartarus for the first time I was definitely hooked. Making a persona was confusing to me at first, but once I got the hang of it I was trying to make more and more personas left and right. Over the course of two days I think I had already put a good fifteen hours into the game. give or take a few hours from leaving the game paused and doing something else.

I had to bring the game back the day it was due, so right now I'm waiting to save up some side money and go out and purchase FES. I'm only a few days away from graduating high school, so I should have plenty of free time soon to enjoy the game even further, much to my girlfriend's dismay. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Neptune pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.. xD;
I feel like there isn't much left to say now.

Still, I love this game. I got in back in late '07.. but due to work I still haven't beat it yet. Not too mention I don't normally play too many videogames. When I first got Persona 3, though.. it was basically my life for the first week or so. It's rare for me to get hooked on a videogame, but Persona 3 is definately one of them that had me stuck in my room for hours at a time.

I had never played any of the Shin Megami series.. actually when I was first told about Persona 3, I wasn't aware that it was part of that series. I've been hearing about Persona 4 lately.. I really wanna play that one, as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Just finished this game a week or so ago. I love it!!

My first SMT again and I'm officially hooked. The whole Social Links system is very interesting and provides a some what fresh approach to RPGs. An excellent RPG if you are looking to take a break from FF for a while.

I really want Persona 3: FES to come out here in the UK, I want to know the rest of the story so bad!