OtakuBoards

The Maze [M - VLS]

Rachmaninoff

[COLOR=DarkRed]Deoky just smiled as the two fools headed towards him. Then just when they would have arrived at his location he surprised them by pulling back, carefully maneuvering and avoiding the traps to separate Clavis and the other fool Andrew from the three who had remained behind. Making sure that Lara never had a chance to fire at him, never giving her a clear shot and then smiling inwardly as he heard her cursing when she could no longer see him. He used a tiny bit of his power to listen to what the three were saying, even as he focused on drawing Clavis and Andrew further and further away in the enormous chamber.

"[B]I'm so useless,[/B]" Davis was saying, a statement that Deoky agreed with as he listened to their conversation.

"[B]No you're not![/B]" Both Lara and Eflair chimed in. "[B]Even if you can't fight we would have never made it past some of the traps if you hadn't told us how to disarm them.[/B]"

[I]So Davis knows how to disarm the traps does he?[/I] Deoky smiled, a plan already forming in his mind. He continued to listen.

"[B]Damn![/B]" Lara was saying. "[B]I've lost sight of Andrew, Clavis and Deoky![/B]"

"[B]Wait![/B]" Eflair cried, "[B]We can't afford to be separated. So long as we stay together we stand a better chance.[/B]"

"[B]You're right,[/B]" Lara said. "[B]Lets use that area over there, with three walls there's no way Deoky can come up on us from behind. He shows his face here and I'll blow his head off![/B]"

Deoky pulled his mind back from listening to their conversation, for now they could wait. Once he dealt with Andrew and more importantly Clavis he would take care of those three. Deoky continued the deadly game of cat and mouse until they were so far away from the others that even he could no longer sense them, or see Alden who had been calmly standing on his platform and doing nothing. He peeked around the corner he had been hiding behind to see both Andrew and Clavis approaching.

"[B]Took you two long enough to catch me,[/B]" He taunted them as he took a step out and faced them.

"[B]Your evil ends here Deoky![/B]" Clavis stated even as he began to prepare to blast him with his power that he possessed as a guardian.

Deoky narrowed his eyes when he realized that Andrew's mind was closed. [I]How is this possible?[/I] Uncertain he took a couple of steps back as Andrew approached with his blade drawn.

"[B]That's right Deoky, so long as Andrew is by my side your sick powers of persuasion will not work.[/B]" And then Clavis launched his attack as tiny spears of darkness appeared and flew towards Deoky.

Deoky managed to deflect most of them but a few connected, leaving tiny trails of blood running down his right arm. Furious he started to launch his own attack only to have to abort it to avoid being skewered by Andrew, who's speed was surprising. [I]I need to separate them.[/I] Deoky thought even as he withdrew, barely missing a trap in his haste to escape the two of them. He had not expected Clavis to be able to protect Andrew's mind.[I] I wonder just how far his power extends?[/I] Deoky thought. It was going to be much harder if all of the others were under Clavis's protection.[I] I need to find out. [/I]

As if in answer to that unspoken question Deoky found himself caught in the same blue beam that had brought him to this chamber, seconds later he found himself looking at both Davis and Lara who were staring at him in horror.

[CENTER]----------------------------------------------[/CENTER]

Clavis and Andrew hesitated when a blue column of light enveloped Deoky and took him away, seconds later Eflair appeared.

"[B]What happened?[/B]" She asked, clearly confused. "[B]I was with Lara and Davis![/B]"

"[B]Damn![/B]" Clavis swore as he realized that he could no longer sense either Davis or Lara. "[B]We have to get back to the others before it's too late![/B]"

"[B]Too late?[/B]" Andrew asked as they began to hurry back to where the others were.

"[B]Don't you see?[/B]" Clavis cried. "[B]If Eflair is here then Deoky is with the others![/B]"

Horrified both Andrew and Eflair began to run as fast as they could. Hoping that they would get there in time.
[CENTER]----------------------------------------[/CENTER]
Deoky didn't know what had happened but he was quick to act as he swiftly rushed them, knocking the weapon from Lara's hands and backhanding her into the wall, leaving her stunned as she fell to the floor. Then as Davis screamed in rage and charged him in an attempt to throttle him he backhanded him as well sending him flying into one of the walls as well.

Eflair was no where to be seen. Deoky quickly checked the area, but no one was near their location. He could sense that the rest of them were still there. But not close enough for him to determine who they were. Deoky smiled. I[I]'m going to get to have some fun after all![/I] He thought. Slowly he walked towards Davis who was struggling to get back up. Deoky didn't give him a chance, pinning him against the wall. Enjoying the look of terror when Davis's eyes met his and realized that he was trapped and about to die. At this distance, Clavis's protection was easy to break and seconds later he was in Davis's mind.

Brutally he stripped his knowledge from him, taking it for himself, heedless of the damage he was doing to Davis's mind in the process. Then he let go and watched as Davis fell helplessly to the floor, as the shock of his mind being raped overcame him. Deoky prepared to kill him and then stopped, smiling at the thought of what it would do to Clavis to come back and find Davis like that. He turned to Lara instead, who was just starting to overcome being stunned.

The others, Clavis and Andrew were almost there, but Deoky could sense some traps in their way, traps that would keep them away just long enough for him to do what he had in mind. Before Lara could realize that he was there he knocked her back down to the ground, and then ignoring her struggles he took her right then and there, enjoying her screams of pain as he raped her. Then when he was done, he wrapped his hands around her neck and started to strangle her. Only to halt when his power warned him that the others were almost there. Regretfully he let go opting to quickly leave.

As he left he saw Clavis, Andrew and Eflair who must have been somehow switched with him earlier as they hurriedly rushed to where the other two were. Deoky bowed mockingly in their direction before taking off. Oh how he would have loved to see their expressions when they realized just what he had done! He couldn't wait until he finished them all off and left. Deoky was really going to enjoy having his own Maze.
[CENTER]-----------------------------------------------[/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1891/switchcardbi8.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3160/08th6.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7266/16gd3.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER][/COLOR]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=SandyBrown]When he woke up, he saw that he was lying in a narrow corridor. There were other people with him, all looking strange and scary. Panic crept into his mind, and his face was distorted in fear.

He started to sob, unable to fight back the tears.

[B]"Look!"[/B] one of the others, a green-haired girl said. [B]"He's awake! It's a miracle!"[/B]

The girl crouched next to him. [B]"Davis? Are you alright?"[/B]

[B]"I..."[/B] he sobbed. Why did she call him Davis? [B]"I... I want mommy!"[/B]

To everybody's surprise, the tall man started to cry and scream from the bottom of his lungs. [B]"Uwaah! Mommy! where's my mommy?!"[/B][/COLOR]

[CENTER]~*~[/CENTER]

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Eflair backed down to the others. What had that evil bastard done to Davis?!

She surely guessed what Deoky had done to poor Lara. She was bleeding between her legs when they had finally gotten to her and Davis. Clavis and Andrew had carried them both to this distant corridor. Fortunately Lara didn't remember what had happened, as Eflair had cured her wounds.

Rage was a wholly new feeling for Eflair Shishinn J'nea. Never in her short life in the waters of Euto had she felt such hatred towards anybody. The girl knew that she was ready to die if only she could take Deoky with her![/COLOR]

[CENTER]~*~[/CENTER]

[color=DarkOrchid] Andrew Whitaker was still at lost of what had happened. It was slowly becoming clear to him that the five of them, along with Alden and Deoky, God knows where they were, were the only ones left of the people he awoke with for what felt like an eternity ago. Liam, Fredrick, Neheb, Samik and who knows how many others had already lost their lives to this place.

So had apparently he, yet here he was again, struggling not to die again. If he had gone to Heaven or Hell, he didn't remember. If there really was Hell, it couldn't be any worse than this place.

But he remembered what the voice had said to them. This is the final challenge, and only one can make it out of this place. So Andrew was certain he had a one in seven chance to make it out of this place, and return to his former life.

To his lover Thomas.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Deoky was feeling pretty good about his situation. He now had methods for defusing most of the simple traps that were abundant in this massive room, and besides he?d recovered fully in the sensual rape of Lara Servas. Even though Clavis and Andrew had renewed their chase, he was undaunted. Now he was literally running backwards, watching the ancient vampire and buff guardian make haste toward him. He simply dodged every punch and slash like they were nothing. Andrew made and arcing cut that Deoky ducked under to protect his head, giving Clavis the chance to leap clear over the warlord?s body. Deoky whipped around to catch a punch flying toward him, then pulled Clavis forward as he sidestepped a stab being lunged at him by Andrew. As Deoky rounded Clavis? massive form, the blade shot straight through the guardian?s stomach, blood spattering on Deoky?s face as he stood just behind, watching the tip emerge from Clavis? back. Andrew was shocked as blood shot onto his arm and Clavis spat out blood.

[B]?HAH!? [/B] Deoky called as he pulled his arm back. In a vicious movement, he plunged his arm forward ready to tear the large man?s heart clear out of his back, but Andrew quickly pushed the blade further through his companion and continued to move forward, lunging at Deoky once more. Deoky?s hand ran straight through Clavis? shoulder, but simultaneously Andrew?s blade came running through his own ribs. Andrew was now covered in Clavis? spraying blood from both a sword sticking through his gut and a hand now stuck in his shoulder. Both Deoky and Andrew?s eyes met. Instantly they both pulled themselves away from the man in the middle, a grotesque squish being heard as they jumped away.

Instantly upon the removal of the attackers? weapons from his body, Clavis slumped to the ground, barely breathing as his blood pumped from his body. Immediately Andrew charged at Deoky once more, ready to bring down a vertical slice on the warlord?s skull. The wounded conqueror backed away just in time to only get a small cut on his collar bone, and he retaliated with haste. Before Andrew could raise his sword again, Deoky struck at full speed. Andrew ducked under his hand, only to receive a knee directly to his face. The attack sent Andrew sprawling back, but he pushed himself up to his feet quickly, jumped back twice, and readied himself once more. Deoky?s breathing was heavy and blood was flowing profusely from his chest. He touched his hand to the wound, then looked up at his assailant. Both knew that Andrew had the upper hand. Deoky turned on a time and leapt away as fast as he could, disappearing from sight instantly.

Andrew turned toward his companion bleeding on the ground. [B]?Clavis! Oh, brother. These wounds will be the end of your life for sure.?[/B] He said, sorrowfully.

[B]?N-no,?[/B] Clavis started to speak, but coughed a bit of blood mid-sentence, [B]?Eflair?? [/B]

[B]?Right! But How will we get her to you??[/B]

[B]?I have already called to her? I??[/B] Clavis couldn?t find his breath between coughs of blood, but only seconds later Eflair came leaping up to the platform they stood upon. Clavis turned to Andrew.

[B]?Go!?[/B] He called. Andrew understood, realizing that he couldn?t give Deoky time to heal. He raced off in the direction the evil one had gone. Meanwhile, Eflair was taking care to mend Clavis? wounds. He had used his natural powers to send a beacon out to her as soon as he knew he was going to be harmed and she had come as fast as possibly. She had to act quickly so that she could return to help the others, and simultaneously made Clavis aware that Davis was in need of his help. Meanwhile Deoky was making his way back to the place where the weaker ones were via a longer route. He would torment them for his regeneration. He only needed to arrive before the others.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Deoky fully intended to get to the others since torturing them would make it possible for him to regenerate himself, but Andrew was impossibly quick, forcing him to detour again and again. And though his wound wasn't too serious it was maddening how he couldn't get to the others. As he proceeded a quick glance showed that he was approaching the platform where Alden was still standing, smoking a cigarette and simply watching. Furious Deoky launched tiny slivers of darkness at the platform he was standing on, cutting the supports.

Alden barely had time to realize what had happened before he was sent tumbling down into the maze with the rest. Cursing under his breath as he landed on top of Andrew. In that moment Deoky slipped away using the knowledge he had gained from Davis to easily avoid even more traps. Though now the others were between him and Davis and Lara enough that the time it would take to circle around would prevent him from getting to them before Andrew or Clavis and Eflair did. If only Eflair had stayed dead! With out her Lara would be still be in shock from what he had done to her and Clavis would have died, leaving their minds helpless to his power.

Still, they would all die, Deoky paused for a moment to tear strips from the sleeve of his shirt quickly binding the cut Andrew had given him. Using a tiny hint of his power to seal the makeshift bandage. [I]I shouldn't have gone back and taunted them[/I], he thought. It had been too tempting to resist, gloating in their faces when they realized just what he had done to both Davis and Lara. He had not expected both Clavis and Andrew to immediately come after him. Still it didn't matter. Deoky always won. And this time would be no different.

[CENTER]*****[/CENTER]

Eflair had never seen such terrible wounds as Clavis had, but that didn't stop her determination to heal him. If anyone had the ability to stop Deoky it was Clavis and she knew she had to save him. It was hard to carefully mend the horrible damage from where the sword had pierced him as well as Deoky's hand but she poured her power into him, even though after just healing Lara it was exhausting to do so. But in the end it payed off and Clavis's wounds closed and the pale look on his face faded.

"[B]Thank you kind maiden.[/B]" Clavis said simply as he sat up. Catching her before she could fall and helping her stand up as he did so. "[B]We must hurry and attend to Davis while Andrew is dealing with Deoky.[/B]"

"[B]Won't Deoky simply do to him what he did to Davis?[/B]" Eflair asked.

"[B]No,[/B]" Clavis said as they hurried to where the others were. "[B]Andrew is a warrior, and though my protection can be broken, his own determination will make that difficult for Deoky to do.[/B]"

When they finally got to where Davis and Lara were, Lara was soothing Davis who seemed to have the mind of a child as he kept asking in a tearful voice just where his mommy was.

"[B]Stand aside Lara,[/B]" Clavis said firmly as he exerted his power to sooth Davis's troubled mind. He was not a telepath but even he could sense the extent of the damage. It was a wonder that Davis could even speak. He suppressed the rage he felt over what Deoky had done as he approached Davis who had stopped crying and was looking at Clavis. His expression one of hope.

"[B]Do you know where my mommy is?[/B]" He asked him.

Clavis knelt in front of Davis who was sitting on the floor against one the walls. "[B]I'm going to help you find her all right?[/B]" He reached out with his hands. Grasping Davis's firmly when he hesitantly reached out. A moment later Davis fell asleep as Clavis's power soothed him. Gently he lowered him to the floor.

"[B]I'll need all of you to guard me while I do this.[/B]" He told the others. "[B]Healing damage like this will take time.[/B]" Then he turned back and went into a healing trance to begin.

[CENTER]*****[/CENTER]

Alden had been caught by surprise when the platform had collapsed and he fell face first on top of Andrew, barely missing the sword he had been holding. With a curse he pulled free, shoving Andrew aside.

"[B]What was that for![/B]" Andrew said angrily. "[B]You're the one who hit me! And thanks to you Deoky got away! And just why the hell did you do nothing?[/B]"

Alden sneered, "[B]Don't you get it fool? Even if you stop that freak you'll still have to kill your precious friends if you want to get out of here. The moment you kill Deoky for them is the moment they will kill you.[/B]"

"[B]You're the one who is a fool,[/B]" Andrew said sharply. "[B]Once we deal with Deoky we will find a way out of this together.[/B]" He pushed past Alden and started to head back to where the others were. Even if it wasn't possible for them to all get out, he was going to try. He came to halt when Alden shoved him again, sending him sprawling.

"[B]You're such an idiot.[/B]" Alden said scornfully. "[B]I could have killed you just now.[/B]"

Andrew got back up and sheathed his sword, then he took a few steps forward and surprised Alden by punching him in the face, sending him sprawling.

"[B]You're such an idiot.[/B]" Andrew said mockingly. "[B]I could have killed you just now.[/B]" He ignored Alden's angry expression as he got back up. "[B]You should listen to yourself. You're pathetic, waiting for us to deal with Deoky so that you don't have to.[/B]"

Alden started to reach for his gun but quicker than he would have thought possible, Andrew whipped out his sword and with a single step had the point at his throat. Alden hadn't even gotten his guns free of their holsters. Alden froze.

"[B]Toss those contraptions aside or I will kill you.[/B]" Andrew said coldly.

Swallowing hard, Alden did as he was told, breathing a sigh of relief when Andrew withdrew the sword once he had tossed his guns aside.

"[B]I expect you to at least steer clear of my friends since next time I won't spare your life.[/B]" Then after making sure Alden was staying put Andrew left and headed towards the others.

[CENTER]*****[/CENTER]

With a smile Deoky crept up on the others, using Alden as a delay had worked perfectly, and the timing couldn't have been any better! Clavis was clearly doing something to help Davis and Eflair was exhausted from healing Lara and Clavis. Slowly he crept forward, intending to take Lara out by surprise. But at just that moment the blue light once again surrounded him.

"[B]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/B]" Deoky screamed in frustration as he found himself some where else in the maze.

[CENTER]*****[/CENTER]

Andrew had not walked very far when the blue light that had taken Deoky earlier took him this time. A moment later he found himself right behind Lara. Quickly he ran in to join them and then once the others explained that Clavis was healing Davis, he took up a stance to guard them. Relieved that Eflair had managed to heal Clavis.
[CENTER]*****[/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1891/switchcardbi8.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3991/06dl5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7266/16gd3.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy]Clavis had to really concentrate on Davis. The damage that Deoky had done to the man was almost beyond his repair. Fortunately only almost... Clavis knew he could do it if he just focused.

He fell deeper and deeper into his trance, trusting the others to guard him from Deoky, who could attack them at any moment. But that was unimportant to him now. His mind melted into Davis's. Everything felt so simple. If only he could find his mommy...

There! He found the damaged neural circuit, and one by one he started to repair the synopses and braincells. He felt Davis's thoughts and memories returning to him, slowly but surely. He was amazed of what the man had experienced, after all his world was so different from Clavis's.

Out of a sudden everything changed. He was not in Davis's mind anymore! This one was more darker, more mature, more corrupt. It couldn't be...

He heard distant screams of agony and pain, and let the noise lead him out of the trance. When he finally got his eyes open, he saw Alden Courtney lying in place of Davis, holding his head.

This meant that Davis had been teleported off to who knows where, with his mind still shattered![/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/530/07uv4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1891/switchcardbi8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2673/09fc1.jpg[/IMG]

Davis had found his mommy, and in doing so part of his mind, but when he opened his eyes and saw where he was, he was clueless. It seemed that something was missing, that he should know this place but he did not. It was not the university that he was attending, it was not his home. How had he gotten here? Davis had left home in order to study that which he loved more than anything, history. No matter where the world was, he was always looking for books to read, things to learn. It was his dream to someday be a professor.

Confused he sat down.[I] All right[/I], he thought.[I] Think about this. I left yesterday. [/I]But no matter how hard he tried he couldn't remember. And vaguely underneath he could feel some sort of pain as if he had hit his head on the inside. [I]What's wrong with me?[/I] He did not see the coldly beautiful man approaching him nor did he feel any fear when he realized someone was there.

"[B]Who are you? Where is this place? What's going on?[/B]" Davis asked him.

The man knelt down in front of him. "[B]Fascinating,[/B]" he said. "[B]I had no idea that Clavis was capable of doing such a thing. I wonder...[/B]"

The last thing Deoky had expected was to suddenly sense Davis close to where he was, replacing the spark that had been Alden. Even more curious was that Davis seemed to be partially himself again. Deoky had been unable to resist seeing just what had happened. And when he found Davis sitting on the floor clearly confused he moved in to check things out.

He ignored Davis's questions and delved into his mind tracing the paths to see just what Clavis had done. Oh it was fascinating all right. No wonder he had been unable to affect Clavis! But to think that he was capable of this? Deoky smiled. Even if it was contrary to what he normally did, he could see that most of Davis's mind had been repaired. All it would take was a few simple nudges to finish the job.

It would be perfect! By restoring the memory of what he had done Deoky would be able to tap into the sheer terror Davis would feel when he not only remembered what he had done but also when he realized that he was in Deoky's clutches as well. It would be well worth the power required since tapping into Davis's terror would more than replace what it would take to finish what Clavis had done. Though he would not have been able to do so if Clavis had not already repaired the more extensive damage. Still...

His mind made up Deoky finished what Clavis had done. Restoring Davis's mind. Smiling inwardly as understanding dawned on Davis's face only to be replaced by one of sheer terror. He held him fast with his power and leaned forward to whisper.

"[B]I'm far from being done with you.[/B]" He said cruelly, even as he felt his cut heal from the power he was gaining from Davis's fear. "[B]First I'm going to kill all your little friends and then I'm going to slowly tear you to pieces.[/B]"

Deoky stood up, leaving Davis sitting on the floor unable to move. It only took a moment for him to find a spot free of the traps. Then he picked Davis up and carried him there, finding a spot to secure him. Making sure he was firmly bound. Then once he had made sure to shield him so that Clavis would not be able to detect where Davis was, he started heading for the others. Now that he had a means to restore himself it was time to deal with those meddling fools. He would no longer have to hold back now that he had Davis.

[color=darkorange][B]?We have to find him!? [/B] Clavis commanded. [B]?Eflair, you and I and Lara must go for Davis, Andrew, you have wounded Deoky before and I was only in your way. I am confident in your ability to bring him down.?[/B]

[B]?I believe I can do it as well.? [/B] Andrew replied. He turned toward Alden, who was just staring at him. The silent on looking lasted only a moment as Clavis, Eflair, and Lara took off in a group. Andrew?s eyes narrowed and he spat beside Alden. [B]?Pathetic[/B].? Andrew took off, leaving the mechanic on this own.

Alden fumed. He wasn?t ready to take that kind of shit from some ignorant relic. He reached into a hidden pocket in his vest and produced his most powerful weapon which Andrew hadn?t seen before. Alden made up his mind -- he was going to reach Deoky first and splatter his blood across the walls![/COLOR]

Although things were moving along nicely, from the vantage point of where things were being observed a new set of parameters were being put in place, ones that if certain things did not happen would occur shortly. Several names were moved in position, their status, Possible Termination, indicating that they would be the first to go.

[CENTER]------------------------------[/CENTER]
At first things had been quit heated as those who were trapped in the same area clashed several times. But now the time for boldness was over. Only caution and stealth would result in a victor emerging and Andrew, Alden and Clavis and his group were moving with great care. Carefully checking each area as they had found that the traps once disarmed, reset themselves within a very short time. And for each time a trap was sprung of disarmed. The time until it was reset was shorter. Eventually, it would be come impossible to avoid them. If they did not kill each other, the Maze would make sure they died.

Deoky and Davis seemed to have vanished, as hard as he tried Clavis could not sense anything and finally he along with Lara and Eflair had found a place to rest, weary from all that had happened. For in spite of their careful searching, not only had they not found Davis, but no exit could be found either. It was chilling, the silence that seemed to have descended upon the Maze that they were trapped in.

Andrew also had found no one and nothing, and he ignored Alden who seemed to be shadowing his footsteps. It seemed that even if Alden was not going to outright join him, he was at least going to attempt to help. Given a choice Andrew would rather return to his time and forget about this horrible place and the things he had seen.

Alden was annoyed, not only had a backwards barbarian outmaneuvered him, he was relying on him to find the person the others were so intent on killing. He was starting to wonder why he hadn't simply killed the others and then hunted down this Deoky himself. Irritated he continued to follow Andrew, but soon he grew tired of that and took off in a different direction.

Deoky, for once was doing nothing. He had found a quiet spot and was meditating. Trying to figure out why he couldn't seem to kill anyone. He had the upper hand and yet everyone kept escaping death. It was maddening. Surely the Maze was interfering since never had he failed so many times to kill someone. For now he would wait patiently, allowing the others to tire themselves out while they searched.

Both Lara and Eflair were tired, the anger that had initially kept them going had long since faded and the thought that they really would be required to kill each other just for one to be able to leave was something they couldn't get out of their mind. Even Clavis was troubled by it since they had traversed nearly the entire chamber and he had not sensed any exit. But what troubled him the most was the thought that no one would be allowed to leave. Though he kept that thought to himself.

Lara and Eflair were positive that the traps were resetting themselves and that each time they did so the lapse between when the trap was disabled to being reset kept getting shorter. They along with Clavis had already traversed the enormous chamber many times and other than to briefly run into Andrew and once into Alden they had found nothing, no exit, no Davis and no Deoky. Was it possible that both Davis and Deoky were dead? Even though they had walked around so much there were still areas they had not explored, the place was just too big and the manner of the traps made a logical sweep impossible.

"[B]I've had enough.[/B]" Lara finally said. "[B]I don't know about you two, but I've noticed that the traps seem to be resetting themselves even quicker than when we first arrived. If we don't find an exit and soon it won't be long until disarming a trap or avoiding it won't be possible.[/B]"

Clavis stopped and turned to address the two, "[B]Unfortunately I've noticed the same thing, we could test it to see if our suspicion is correct. In fact I'll do so right now.[/B]"

He went ahead a bit while the other two watched and triggered a trap, one that they already knew how to avoid. In a short time it reset itself with a very audible clicking sound. Then Clavis triggered it again while Lara, who had timed it the first time with her watch, watched to see how quickly it reset. When it did the answer was clear. The trap had taken only half the time it had before! She waited for Clavis to return to where the two of them were standing.

"[B]This is bad,[/B]" She said. "[B]It took only half the time it did before. If it's consistently resetting by reducing the time by half it won't be long until we can't avoid any traps. If we don't find Davis and and exit soon, this place is going to kill us.[/B]"

"[B]So the voice lied,[/B]" Eflair observed. "[B]It said that to move on we had to eliminate each other. Or it is impatient, unwilling to wait until we kill each other out of despair.[/B]"

Lara laughed, "[B]As if! I would never kill someone just to save my own life. The very idea that I would is just sick.[/B]"

"[B]I'm not so sure about that though.[/B]" Clavis said surprising both of them. "[B]You've already seen how Deoky can influence another person's mind. I've been extending my power to protect all of you from that. But it is possible that the force responsible for bringing us here could do the same, influence your mind, forcing you to do things you normally would not.[/B]"

Lara swallowed hard, "[B]I had no idea. I mean its just so wrong to do that to someone else.[/B]"

"[B]It didn't stop them from bringing us here, doing nothing while our friends are caught and killed by the dangers of this place. It is clear that our lives are meaningless to them.[/B]" Eflair said angrily.

Clavis opened his mouth to say more but instead was caught in a blue column of light. Both Lara and Eflair didn't have time to realize what was happening until Alden was standing in front of them.

"[B]Hell[/B]!" He swore. "[B]The last thing I need is to be stuck with useless baggage![/B]" Without another word he turned and stalked off, leaving the two girls behind.

"[B]Well that was rude,[/B]" Lara finally observed once Alden was out of sight.

But Eflair was not upset. "[B]We are better off without scum such as him.[/B]"

Surprised to hear such harsh words from Elfair, Lara turned back to face her. "[B]How can you say that? Without the weapon he gave me I would have died many times.[/B]"

"[B]I've seen his mind, it is full of darkness, corruption and greed. He only saved you so he...[/B]" Eflair stopped as if realizing she had said too much.

"[B]So he could what?[/B]" Lara started to get angry when Eflair did not answer her. "[B]Answer me! You've been hiding something from me ever since you came back and found me unconscious and Davis's mind shattered![/B]" But Eflair looked away.

"[B]Damn it![/B]" Lara said as she grabbed her, causing her to look at her again. "[B]Stop treating me like I'm a child! You and Clavis have been walking around me as if I was glass that was about to break! What happened?![/B]"

Eflair winced, "[B]Both Alden and Deoky took advantage of you when you were helpless to prevent it.[/B]"

Shocked Lara let go, stepping back a few feet and then collapsing, sitting hard on the floor. Tears filling her eyes. [I]So that's why Alden called us useless baggage, he already got what he wanted from me.[/I]

Distressed Eflair knelt next to her. "[B]I'm sorry. When I healed you I took the memory of what happened from you. I'm so sorry![/B]" She cried.

Lara nodded. "[B]I understand.[/B]" Though part of her did not. She stood back up. "[B]Come on. We need to find Clavis.[/B]" It certainly explained a lot. Ever since she had woken up it had felt like there was something missing. Now she knew, though part of her wished that she did not.
[CENTER]-------------------------------------[/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/530/07uv4.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1891/switchcardbi8.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/2127/17yb9.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Lara Servas could hardly believe what Eflair had told her. She had been used by both Alden - a man he once trusted - and Deoky - a monster completely lacking emotion and empathy. She was so disheartened she thought she couldn't move on. But Eflair was there.

[B]"Lara, this corridor will turn into a trap any second!"[/B] Eflair ushered her. [B]"We have to move on! Maybe... just maybe [I]both[/I] of us can get out of here."[/B]

It was Eflair, a young girl from a faraway world unknown to Lara, that pushed her forward, made her move through these seemingly endless corridors and rooms and halls, dodging traps and pitfalls and whatever the cruel ruler of this place threw in front of them. She looked weak, but Eflair must've been the strongest person in the group.

Eventually the two of them found a desolate place under a staircase where they decided to rest. Lara's dream was restless. She saw Deoky and Alden, melded into one, abusing her with a dozen serpent-like penises growing from his loins, curling all around her, seizing her arms and legs, filling her every whole. She felt like she was choking...

She woke up suddenly, all sweaty and heaving. Then she let out a scream that woke up Eflair.

[B]"What is it?"[/B] Eflair asked, quickly looking around for any dangers. Then she saw Lara, with her stomach twice the size it was when they went to sleep.

Lara couldn't believe her eyes. She was pregnant! [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Eflair did her best to comfort Lara when she burst into tears and started sobbing. Holding her while she cried. All the while wishing with all that she was that she could kill both Deoky and Alden as well as those responsible for them being there. It was frightening to her. Eflair had never hated someone enough to want to kill them. Her people were peaceful and never resorted to violence, ever. Then when Lara finally started pushing her away and calming down she pulled back.

"[B]Eflair, I have to know,[/B]" Lara said earnestly. "[B]Can you remove what's inside me?[/B]"

Eflair shook her head, indicating that she could not. Even though she could heal, she did not know how to do as Lara asked.

"[B]Gods[/B]!" Lara said as she tried to keep it in. "[B]What kind of sick person does this to someone else?[/B]"

"[B]I'm sorry,[/B]" Eflair said genuinely distressed. "[B]I don't know. My people are peaceful and have been for centuries. Crimes such as what have happened here do not occur.[/B]"

Lara laughed wildly, making Eflair wonder if her mind was starting to break. "[B]My people are not so kind,[/B]" she said bitterly. "[B]People like Deoky and Alden are all to common I'm afraid.[/B]" She sobbed a bit and then got up, pulling out the weapon that Alden had given her.

"[B]I need to ask you one more thing Eflair.[/B]" She said grimly. "[B]You said you can't get rid of what's inside me, but can you kill another person? Because if it's the last thing I do, I'm going to neuter that sick bastard! Both of them![/B]"

Eflair got up and followed Lara, wondering if she should have kept her mouth shut and then dismissed it. Even if she had said nothing, she would have realized something was wrong when Lara realized she was pregnant. It was incomprehensible to Eflair, that a process, one of bringing a new and precious life into the world could cause such pain. Oh how she missed the calm and kind beauty of her world. Where terrible things like she had encountered here did not exist.

[CENTER]*****[/CENTER]
When Clavis was spirited away from the two women he did his best to quickly find them. But instead he ended up running into Andrew who had yet to find Deoky. They had discussed their concern and worry that someone dangerous had been transported to where the girls were. But in the end they had been helpless to do anything about it. If there was any justice in this place it would have been Davis or Alden, who though far from kind, was at least not as horrible as Deoky. Finally the two of them had to rest. Exhausted from all the searching they both had done. Snatching fitful bits of sleep that was haunted by nightmares of finding the two girls dead.

Later when they had rest they continued, discussing the problem of the traps being more difficult as well as the real concern as to just what had happened to Davis and Lara and Eflair. Both of them knew it was too much to hope that Deoky was dead. But still after he had been so quick and horrible in his attacks it just didn't make sense. Finally Andrew suggested that they climb up on one of the platforms that still remained to keep an eye out for the others. If they were still alive they were bound to travel close enough for them to see. Both of them climbed up and took positions on the platform, searching for signs of movement.

[CENTER]*****[/CENTER]
Davis was beginning to wonder if he was indeed in hell. Once Deoky had left he had spent hours trying to wiggle free of the strange bindings Deoky had used on him. But try as he might he could not get free. He had tried yelling and screaming, but his voice would not go higher than but a mere whisper. He could not hear what was happening from the small enclosed room that Deoky had put him in and it was maddening to not know what was happening. To be stuck lying on the hard floor unable to get free.

For a short while he had hope that the others would find him, but when the hours passed and no one did he began to despair. In the end Davis did not completely remember what had happened. He clearly remembered being transported here and joining the others, but later while he and Eflair and Lara were waiting for Clavis and Andrew to return, Eflair had vanished only for Deoky to take her place. It had taken Deoky mere seconds to overcome both of them and when he had stripped his mind, something that he could vaguely remember happening until pain had taken over and he had collapsed, the rest was hazy and disjointed.

It wasn't until later that he realized he was sitting on the floor of the maze with Deoky right in front of him. Though he did not know how he got there or what had happened since he had collapsed. But in the same moment that he realized just where he was and that Deoky had attacked him. Davis found that he could not move. And now he was trapped, being kept a prisoner though he didn't understand why. Davis finally broke down and cried, terrified that the others were dead. Then finally exhausted he fell into a troubled sleep. One filled with echoes of Deoky laughing at him mockingly. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Lara Servas grew up an average girl in your average low-class family in America, 2050. Her parents ran an antique shop with all kinds of things that were old enough not to be useful, but not old enough to be anything fantastic. Blue Ray DVDs and players, old video game consoles, and all other kinds of useless stuff that collectors were happy to pay ridiculous sums for. Lara had no real passion for antiquities, but her family wasn?t exactly well-off, so she got by mostly with these relics as all she had.

Lara was only 17 when her parents died in a gang shooting that they happened to be in the middle of at the wrong time. Lara was forced to become independent. She took the shop over as her own, struggling to maintain it, while battling to survive in the cold streets of downtown New York. By the time she was 20 she?d been assaulted numerous times. The first time, she had been raped. After that, though, she took up martial arts, using the little money she had to buy lessons. The next couple times she was assaulted, she fought back and won, one time actually murdering her pursuer. Lara Servas was a warrior.

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

[B]?Alden!?[/B] Lara called. She and Eflair hadn?t gone far when they ran into him again. Alden first thought to ignore the weaklings and move on, but he thought that it might be important so he turned toward them.

[B]?What is it??[/B] He inquired as the two steadily approached. He hadn?t yet noticed Lara?s bulging stomach, and within a few seconds, she was too close for him to notice. Lara pressed her breasts into Alden?s chest, pulled him over, and began kissing him passionately. [I]Well, well![/I] Alden thought, now glad he had stopped for a second. He closed his eyes as he continued to make out with the blonde. He didn?t see the warning flashing on his visor as Lara pulled the gun from behind her waist.

[I]FshhhhhhhhhSHAK![/I] The gun cried out and Alden suddenly froze, his eyes rolling back into his head. His cock, along with his testicles, had been melted clean off. Alden fell unconscious instantly from sheer pain.

[B]?Mother fucker!?[/B] Lara screamed. She then began wailing on his chest, delivering blow after blow heavily upon him so that when he woke up, he would be in an exuberant amount of pain. She stripped him of all weapons, fashioning them to her belt, then removed his visor, slammed it against the ground, and stomped on it multiple times. After a kick to the head and a nice vomit on his face - one that he deserved most definitely - Lara and the now slightly frightened Eflair continued on.

?

It wasn?t long, though, before Lara?s stomach was tossing around, causing her a good deal of pain. She had only noticed how quick her stomach had grown too late, and she didn?t know what to do -- she was in pain. Eflair tried to sooth her with her healing powers, but Lara was being overwhelmed by the fast growth inside of her. Before long, her water broke.

[B]?Ah! No! I? I?m having the baby!? [/B] Lara screamed this along with other things angrily as she went into labor at lightning speed. Eflair didn?t know what to do. She knew how to deliver a baby, but Lara?s signals were so mixed that she couldn?t figure out how she was supposed to deal with the situation. All she knew to do was keep Lara steadily healed, but no matter what, the tears wouldn?t stop streaming down the woman?s face.

[B]?KILL ME!!! EFLAIR! KILL ME! PLEASE KILL ME!!!?[/B] She called out. Eflair was frightened; what could she do?! Finally she pushed a load of her power into Lara all at once in the equivalent of a massive painkiller that knocked the woman unconscious.

Eflair delivered Lara Servas? baby.

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

The concept of crime was nearly alien to Eflair Shinshinn J?nea. Her race was one that lived in villages far below the ocean?s surface on the planet Euto, a planet consisting of 80% water and only a couple of landmasses. The l'antranya, Eflair?s people, were a race of all women that led peaceful lives in harmony with nature. They were the largest and most advanced race of Euto. The other people were the land-dwellers who consisted of men and women that, also, were at tune with nature. They were mostly ignorant of the existence of the l'antranya, though the l'antranya had studied them extensively.

While Eflair?s people had minor knowledge of other life forms existing on other planets, they never could have known how life was in those places. At this point in her life, Eflair hadn?t even grown to the point of adulthood. In recent years she had been receiving teachings in the healing arts, hoping one day to become a cleric when she came of age. The ceremony of her adulthood had only been months away. Her life was just ahead of her. She had already been betrothed to a wife who she?d grown up with, and her mastery of the healing arts was complete except for her final lesson.

Eflair was not going to let her life end before it had ever truly began. This maze had been an experience far beyond anything she?d ever even remotely heard of, but she was determined that she would conquer it and through it, she would become a true adult. She needed to push forward.

Lara Servas? baby was in her arms. It was an ugly thing, really. A little yellow ball of flesh, crying and begging for sleep. Eflair used a little of her remaining power to soothe the child and it gradually passed into sleep. Eflair was not going to let this child die, no matter the cost.

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

Davis wondered if his life was over. Surely Deoky was right now leaving the maze, having left Davis to slowly die. The swelling of fear and total horror within Davis? mind was overwhelming. He was hopeless - lost - every passing second felt like an eternity of pain. Davis began flailing about, trying to scream, rolling around, losing his mind. He wondered if he should just bite his tongue and drown in his blood. His suffering was eating away at his mind. Davis was tearing himself apart.

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

Somewhere off in the distance, Deoky had been lying in wait. He was in a state of ultimate concentration, able to tap into the minds of those within a long distance of himself. He could see Lara lying on the ground, clinging to life. He could hear Davis writhing and screaming, which brought him radiant joy. For some reason, he found Alden to be knocked out. He assumed that he would be dead soon anyway. Lastly he could see Eflair, who seemed an eerie tremulous calm. He could sense another beside her? in infant? Deoky was puzzled by this appearance. He rose to his feet, looking off in the direction where he could see Andrew and Clavis, who?s minds were free from his control. He decided it was time to finish them off.

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

[B]?Here he comes!?[/B] Clavis warned his companion. The pair were standing upon one of the tall platforms, from which they could see Deoky purposefully approaching in the distance. Deciding it would be best to not be too close together, they hopped down onto a large platform below. Andrew readied his sword and took a stance. He was going to return home, he knew it. He was worried for Thomas? sake. He wondered if his absence was heartbreaking. But he had to keep those thoughts at bay. Being distracted by thoughts of home would only be fatal. He focused solely on his hatred toward the maze and the demon he was ready to fight. He may not have known these people whom he was teamed with, but their virtuosity had touched him. He was ready to protect them. His life was not at stake here - it was there?s he needed to protect. Andrew was going to walk out of this place alive and alongside his new friends.

[B]?Brace yourself??[/B] he muttered toward the guardian alongside him as Deoky was nearly upon them. Clavis steeled himself for battle. His life was dedicated to protecting the innocent from the forces of darkness. It was his duty to bring these people out alive.

Deoky came soaring through the air and landed just before them, taking an attack stance. For a brief moment there was a standstill as the three faced off, then the battle was instantly under way. Andrew and Clavis came at the warlord from both sides, hoping to sandwich him in the middle of their strike, but once more he easily leapt over them and kicked both of them in the back, sending them stumbling forward. Andrew caught himself and spun around, arcing his blade toward Deoky?s head. Deoky ducked under the blade, but Andrew kept with his swing and spun around again, slashing lower this time. Deoky barely managed to jump backward in time and catch footing as Andrew brought his blade backward, then came forward with a stab.

Any regular human could never have faced Andrew in a duel. His speed and strength were unmatched, and even Deoky could only just dodge each maneuver, leaving him little room to attack. Not only that, but Clavis was consistently coming at him wherever he ran, sometimes landing fierce blow. Out of pure irritation, Deoky finally grabbed the blade of Andrews sword his next attack, ignoring the pain as it sunk into his fingers. He pulled forward on the blade, but Andrew let go of it so as not to be pulled forward. Deoky tossed the blade aside. Andrew took up a fighting stance, but it was quickly obvious that he would now be on the defensive. In less than a second, though, Clavis threw his massive fist at Deoky?s face. The warlord pushed the arm aside, redirecting Clavis? body in the other direction, but he was unprepared for a fast-approaching backhand by Andrew. Deoky just managed to duck under the attack and spin around, putting him behind the attackers once more, but not soon enough to launch an attack of his own.

For a minute the battle raged on like this in a complete stalemate. The only blows being delivered were too minor to constitute any damage. Deoky had the advantage of incredible endurance, though, and before long his attackers were becoming slightly tired. The moment he caught an opening, Deoky managed to land a heavy blow to Andrew?s face, sending him sprawling back. Were he not needing to be ready for Clavis? attack, he could have punched through the man?s skull, but the other attacker was fast on him with a series of kicks, all of which Deoky blocked easily Before landing an intense kick of his own clear into the guardian?s gut. Clavis literally flew backward, landing hard on his back. Andrew rose to his feet, taking a defensive stance as he waited for him comrade to get up, but Deoky did not allow this time. He charged and delivered another monstrous kick to the guardian, lifting his body into the air, then punched him with a force so immense it send him falling from the platform.

Clavis soared downward, landing hard on several other surfaces as he plummeted to the floor of the room. Deoky stood in amusement for a moment as he watched the man tumble to the ground, before turning to once again battle Andrew Whitaker, but when he turned, something he didn?t expect was just before him. Andrew had already reclaimed his blade and was now in the air just above Deoky?s head with the blade already coming down. Deoky didn?t have time for anything more than shock. The blade was hurtling toward him. He could feel the very hairs on his neck perk up as the blade nearly touched his skin.

A blue light suddenly swallowed Andrew Whitaker just as his blade had begun to connect. Deoky was standing in shock as Eflair suddenly appeared before him, the baby now vanished from her hands, assumedly having been left with Andrew. Eflair was stunned and frightened as the evil one stood just a foot away from her. Deoky?s shock quickly became rage. [I]Andrew must DIE![/I] Eflair was terrified as Deoky shook with anger. He was ready to explode, and she was the only one in sight. Deoky stared at her, his eyes erupting with rage. This was no longer a game. Deoky was done fooling around. He was going to kill them all -- now!!![/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3991/06dl5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1891/switchcardbi8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3160/08th6.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]When Andrew suddenly found himself elsewhere, his blade suddenly cutting through air instead of Deoky he didn't have time to take in that Lara Servas was lying on the ground or that when he hit the ground he barely missed the sleeping infant on the floor. Horrified he tried to pull back, but it was too late as far too much force was behind his sword and only the fact that Lara was lying down saved her from being cut in half by his blade. His momentum from the attack that did not connect resulting in him stumbling forward and the blade instead connected with a shriek of metal sparks as it hit the floor with tremendous force.

Andrew found himself stumbling over Lara's unconscious body and barely missing impaling himself on his own sword when the force of the blade's impact on the floor resulted in the tip of the blade pointing back up. Right towards his face. Quickly he scrambled to his feet, but other than Lara and the infant there was no one else. Then it hit. [I]Clavis![/I] He started to turn to find a platform to climb onto to see just where he had been moved to and stopped, torn between his desire to find Clavis and the thought that he couldn't leave the two unconscious and unprotected.

"[B]Shit![/B]" He swore as he sheathed his sword and then went over to see if he could rouse Lara, ignoring the infant who was wrapped in what appeared to be part of a shirt. When it was apparent that Lara seemed to be alright, he turned his attention to the child. It was clear where it had come from since the signs surrounding Lara indicated it was hers, but how the hell had she come to term so quickly? Or how had she even become pregnant in the first place?

Andrew ignored those questions in favor of removing his outer jacket and tearing off one of the sleeves of his shirt. Unlike the strange skimpy garments the other's worn his sleeves were easily wide enough to cover the infant and he took a moment to carefully wrap it up to protect it from getting chilled. It did not even occur to him to see if the child was a male or a female since he simply wrapped the sleeve over the material that was already covering the child.

Then it hit him! Deoky had raped Lara! With a startled oath he placed the child back on the floor, backing away. Pulling his sword free. It was dark sorcery at work! How else could she have a child so quickly. Deoky had to have done it! Torn, he stood there his sword drawn, not sure what to do. [I]I should kill the monstrosity![/I] He thought. Even though the idea of killing an innocent disgusted him. He kept standing there, hesitating, struggling with what to do. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Eflair was holding Lara's baby when the blue light took her, she tried to hold on to the infant but it fell to the floor and then she was standing before Deoky, who was enraged. Startled she stepped backwards only to fall as she was too close to the edge of the platform she had materialized on. Eflair was helpless to stop her fall, cringing at what would happen only to be surprised when strong arms caught her. To her relief it was Clavis who set her down.

"[B]Stand behind me child.[/B]" He ordered.

Eflair moved behind him and looked up at the sound of a horrible shriek of rage. Deoky had jumped off the platform and was headed their way. His hands in front of him as he prepared to blast both of them with his power. Her heart frozen in fear Eflair clung to Clavis's robe. [I]He'll kill us for sure![/I] She thought with despair. But then to her shock as well as Deoky's he hit something between them and the force knocked him backwards. [I]What happened?[/I] But a moment later she realized that Clavis was shielding them, protecting her since she could not fight like he could.

Deoky was on his feet in an instant, charging them again, slamming into the shield between him and Clavis and Eflair. Intent on shattering it, recklessly spending his power as he could sense the terrible drain it was for Clavis to use it. Once he broke it they both would die. A few minutes later he could feel that Clavis was about to collapse.

"[B]You're no match for me fool![/B]" He cried. "[B]No shield is beyond my power to break and when I do I'll kill Eflair first and then rip you to shreds![/B]"

With a cruel smile he gathered his power once more, sensing that his next strike would break the shield Clavis had raised. But when he hit it was only to be thrown back in surprise. Deoky barely had time to register that Eflair had somehow managed to give her power to Clavis. And in the brief moment he was down she had rushed him!

Eflair had wanted to leave this place alive, but she had also vowed that she was willing to die to take Deoky down. When it became obvious that Deoky was going to overpower Clavis something inside her snapped, she didn't know how she did it, but she threw her power into Clavis and then when Deoky was momentarily stunned she rushed him, intending to use the most terrible of healing techniques that she had learned. The one where when it was beyond one's ability to heal, they would take the remaining life force of a person and drain it, freeing the dying person from their pain and suffering. She had never used it, ever. And even among her people it was rare as most died peacefully in their sleep.

Heedless of the danger she grabbed Deoky entering his foul mind before he could realize what was happening, taking his life force from him. But before she could finish with a cry he pulled free and shoved her back into Clavis and then took off while the two of them were knocked down.

Hastily Clavis pulled free and got up but Deoky was gone. "[B]Thank you for your assistance.[/B]" He told her as he helped her stand up. "[B]But if I may ask, what did you do to him?[/B]"

"[B]I tried to take his life force from him.[/B]" She said and then hastily explained when Clavis looked shocked. "[B]It is what we do for those who are beyond our healing power, we release them from their suffering.[/B]"

"[B]I see,[/B]" Clavis said. "[B]It is a pity that you were not successful.[/B]"

And then as they started to head towards where they thought the others were, Eflair explained all that had happened since they had been separated.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Of all things, Doeky had never expected the weak Eflair to attack him! And when he realized just what she was doing with a desperate cry he shoved her out his mind, physically shoving her into Clavis before fleeing. Shaken by the knowledge that only a moment later and she would have succeeded in taking his life force. Where did she learn to do such a thing? He wanted to be furious but the attack had weakened him, leaving him barely able to get away in time. [I]Shit! [/I] It wasn't suppose to be like this. They weren't suppose to be able to hurt him! He wasn't suppose to need to be able to draw on Davis's suffering in order to win!

He hurried to where Davis was, knowing that he was close to trying to kill himself, but now that he had failed to kill the others he couldn't let him do that just yet. Deoky still needed him. He entered the small room where he was thrashing about and after taking a moment to draw on his suffering and anguish to replenish himself he reached back out and stilled Davis, taking away his ability to even move.

"[B]I can't have you killing yourself just yet,[/B]" He told him cruelly as he taunted him, even as he entered his mind and altered his thinking, making him incapable of following through on attempting to bite his tongue off so he would bleed to death. "[B]I already told you that I would be the one to tear you into little pieces.[/B]"

Then having trapped Davis in his mind, leaving him even more helpless and unable to even try and kill himself, he sat down and went into a meditative state. Drawing on Davis's terror, basking in how his suffering was so beautiful. Once he was restored, he would finish what he had started, only this time, he would be sure to strike before they knew he was there.

He would have preferred to see their terror stricken faces as they realized he was killing them, but now he would have to be satisfied with simply killing them. He would save Davis for that. Once he was done with the others, he would then take his time as he slowly tore Davis to pieces.[/COLOR]

On screen where those in the Maze were being observed, of the names with the status [B]Possible Termination[/B] one remained. Underneath the remaining name a timer was counting down, when it reached zero the status changed to [B]Termination In Progress[/B]

On the screen those who were fighting for their lives were still displayed. The screen switched briefly to a larger view of the unconscious Lara Servas with the sleeping baby she had given birth to along with Andrew Whitaker with his sword drawn, hesitating over whether or not to kill the baby. Though to the Maze the child was irrelevant. Then the screen switched to the next group...

Clavis and Eflair Shishinn J?nea could be seen as they were frantically searching for those who they had allied themselves with. Though to the Maze alliances were pointless, those who failed to eliminate the others would be dealt with. The traps would see to that. Once again the view switched, this time to a small room...

In a small secluded room the bound Davis Henderson could be seen along with his captor, Deoky Shilos who was preparing himself yet again to destroy the others. Just as alliances were irrelevant to the Maze, so were other lifeforms to Deoky. Maze or not he would destroy them.

Then finally the view switched to Alden Courtney who was still unconscious from what Lara had done to him. As he lay there he was enveloped by the blue beam. But this time it did not transport him anywhere. Instead seconds later it began to destroy his body, until moments later there was nothing left. Alden Courtney had been[I] erased[/I].

Then the view changed back to normal with each group displayed separately. Just as in a corner Alden Courtney's status was changed to Deceased. Then since the time of observation for the final challenge was over the parameter restricting them from dying was lifted, just as the more lethal and dangerous traps were also set. Those traps would make sure that in the end, only one would remain. Then finished it went back to observing, waiting for the first to be eliminated.
[CENTER]-------------------------------------[/CENTER][CENTER][IMG]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2810/erasecardlg3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/530/07uv4.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

Andrew was still torn, part of him was screaming at him that the baby was a monstrosity, one that had to be Deoky's twisted offspring and yet as it lie there helplessly he could not seem to bring himself to kill it. He had spent his life learning to wield the sword that so one day he could be a part of the force that protected the King of the country he was a citizen of. Devoting his time to becoming the best, something that he had achieved since before he had been dragged to this hellish place he had finally earned a spot among the royal guard.

But even then, in all that time he had never harmed an innocent. It was one thing to do battle against evil or an opposing country's military, but a true warrior did not kill a civilian. It was part of why he had pushed himself to become the best, to make sure that he would have the skill to discern between foe and friend as well as in battle should the innocent be involved since cowards often hid behind those who could not defend themselves.

He was still wavering when his senses told him something had changed, something that was dangerous. Andrew could almost feel the hairs standing on the back of his head. As if to confirm that thought the strange female voice he had heard several times since coming here spoke.

"[B]Subjects Andrew Whitaker, Clavis, Davis Henderson, Deoky Shilos, Eflair Shishinn J?nea and Lara Servas, the observation period is over, termination of your fellow subjects is now possible.[/B]"

"[B]What?[/B]" Andrew asked, confused. Hadn't the voice already told them they had to kill? What did it mean by termination now possible? And hadn't there been another person? Alden something?

"[B]Alden Courtney has failed the observation period and has been erased. Any other subjects who fail will also be erased. Level two traps are now engaged.[/B]" And then the voice was silent.

"[B]Damn![/B]" Andrew swore. Not that he cared that Alden was dead since in his opinion the man had been pathetic, but even he understood the implication. This damn place was going to make sure that they all died. If they didn't kill each other it would kill them. More than anything at that moment he wanted those behind this hellish place dead as he felt rage as he had never felt before.

He turned back to the child that was still lying on the floor sleeping. If the Maze was going to make sure they all died then he did not have to kill it. Andrew put his sword away and started to move back to Lara who was starting to stir. Before he had taken a step he heard the sound of a trap releasing. Instinctively he jumped up catching the edge of a platform and pulling himself up seconds before massive spikes came up from the floor.

Helplessly he watched as Lara was ruthlessly impaled before she was even aware that something had happened. Andrew turned away, sickened by the blood. He could have sworn that there were no traps there. But then the voice had just said more traps had been engaged. [I]Hell![/I]

Then when he heard the spikes retracting, leaving the floor looking as if nothing had happened, other than poor Lara who was now quite dead. He was surprised to see that the infant had managed to survive. It was small enough that it had fit between the spikes, sheer luck sparing it's life.

Andrew turned his back on the gruesome scene. There was nothing he could do for Lara and he had no intention on risking his life to save something he had considered killing. From his vantage point on the platform he looked for movement. Regardless of what had happened, he still intended to kill Deoky. He would rather die than allow evil such as him to escape this terrible place.
[CENTER]------------------------------------[/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1192/03ri6.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

The baby knew that something was wrong. It started to cry in panic, but when no-one answered it's call, it decided that it was time to grow up already.

With an immense focus of power, the infant wrapped into a shirt grew into a dashing young man, with golden hair of his mother, and narrow gleaming eyes of his father. It stood bare naked like he was born, looking down at the body of her mother.

[I]I thank you for the one gift you gave me, Mother[/I], he thought. [I]The hatred towards my Father. I shall cleanse this place of his evil.[/I]

The nameless youngster left the corpse and headed towards his father. He could clearly sense his evil, like he could sense the four other beings in this place. He could smell the reek of cruelty, taste the foulness of avarice, see the darkness of his father's soul.

Deoky Shilos did not see it coming. He was not aware that he had a son, so to see a mirror of himself standing in front of him all of a sudden took him by surprise. He couldn't act before his son thrusted both hands through Deoky's chest, clutching his two black hearts and ripping them out with inhumane strenght. For a moment Deoky watched in horror as his younger self held his two bleeding, sizzling hot hearts before him.

Then his reign of terror was over.

[CENTER][img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/img][img]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7266/16gd3.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Now that his father was dead, the child didn't know what to do. He dropped his father's hearts and just stood there. His mother was dead, his cruel father was dead. [I]Now what? [/I] On the floor behind his father was one of the other four he had sensed here. Wrapped in terror instead of evil like his father had been. He did not know how he knew what to do, he just did it, kneeling down and reaching out and touching the bindings on him, dissolving them with but a touch. But they couldn't move.

Confused he instinctively reached out to talk to him mind to mind like his father could, but like his body that too was bound. [I]Well that won't do[/I], the young man thought even as he removed those as well. Then once he had done so he asked him.

"[B]What do I do now? My father is dead.[/B]" He waited while the man with red hair slowly sat up and backed away until there was no where to go. He waited patiently since he could feel the man's terror beginning to fade, if only a tiny bit.

"[B]Well?[/B]" He asked again. "[B]What do I do now?[/B]"

"[B]I don't know,[/B]" Davis finally stammered unnerved by what he had just seen. "[B]We were trying to stop..[/B]"He choked on the word Deoky and then skipped it. "[B]We were trying to find a way out of this Maze.[/B]"

"[B]Leave...[/B]" the young man said. "[B]Yes that is also what mother wished. To leave, but mother is dead.[/B]"

"[B]I'm sorry.[/B]" Davis said.

"[B]Why? You did not kill her.[/B]" The young man stood up. "[B]I must find the way out, for mother. There are still three more here, do they wish to leave too?[/B]"

[I]Only three?[/I] Davis wondered who else had died while he had been trapped here. Slowly he stood up. Taking a moment to steady himself before answering. "[B]Yes they want to leave too.[/B]"

Without a word Deoky's son left, uncertain as to what to do Davis followed him. They did not get far when Andrew startled them by leaping down from above slashing in an attempt to kill Deoky's son.

"[B]Die![/B]" Andrew screamed. Even as he knocked Davis out of the way intent on killing the child but Deoky's son merely sidestepped the blow, jumping back out of the way.

"[B]Why are you trying to kill me? I have not harmed you.[/B]"

"[B]I don't know what trickery this is Deoky, but you will not continue your evil ways![/B]" Andrew shrugged off Davis who was trying to stop him, telling him that it wasn't Deoky, but Andrew knew that Davis's mind had been shattered and he was not fooled by the blonde hair. He rushed him again.

But he dodged each and every thrust of his sword. And then stopped, step siding a lethal thrust by Andrew and catching the handle of the blade and forcing it from Andrew's hand before he could realize what was happening. He reached back and prepared to rip Andrew's heart out and paused at the sound of Davis screaming at both of them.

"[B]Look out![/B]"

Startled both of them looked back at Davis who was frantically pointing at the ground. Huge cracks had appeared and were opening up underneath them, but it was too late. With a scream Andrew fell into the darkness along with Deoky's son.

When the cracks had stopped moving, Davis finally moved forward to see what had happened. Deoky's son was no where to be seen, but Andrew was lying on the ground, semi-conscious. Frantically Davis looked for a way to get to him but there was none. Then to his horror the cracks began to close. He screamed at the top of his lungs, trying to rouse Andrew who was still dazed and then with a horrible sound of grinding and crunching the ground closed.

[CENTER]*****[/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3991/06dl5.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Davis stared down at the ground at where Andrew had been swallowed by the maze. Hiss breathing became uneven -- his mind was shattering again, but this time in a way not quite like before. He fell to his hands and knees and began vomiting profusely as sweat covered his body and his eyes lost focus. His instincts started to take over -- he could feel the world around him channeling within him.

Davis was unaware of it, but Deoky?s repeated presence in his head had left remnants of his power behind. A power that a human should never have. Davis stood up slowly. His body was vibrating at such a frequency that his image slid along the background of reality. He looked down at his hand. It was moving at a speed that made it a blur. Davis had abandoned rational thought altogether? he only knew one thing. He was expanding.

At this rate, Davis would break apart to cover all of existence. Deoky?s wish to tear him to pieces was coming true, though the result would have Davis? consciousness enveloping the very universe. He would be everywhere but nowhere. All of this was rushed to Davis? attention at once. Slowly he raised his head and standing just a few yards off was Clavis.

[B]?Davis! I?ve finally found you! Listen, I found Deoky dead and?? [/B] Clavis suddenly stopped talking and took a battle position. He could see that an unparalleled darkness was rapidly growing in Davis? mind.

Davis glanced at him aloofly. He spoke, his voice a distorted echo that seemed to come from all directions to Clavis. [B]?I think I?m going to die!? [/B] Davis called. Clavis knew better - he could see that while Davis was most definitely going to die, he was growing into a catastrophe so immense it would envelope all of space. Immediately, Clavis leapt into the air toward Davis, ready to strike. Davis only glanced upward as his attacker descended. Clavis? fist rammed straight through Davis? head, his feet landing on the scientists shoulders. There was no blood. Clavis was puzzled a second, but then it occurred to him.

[B]?I THINK I?M GOING TO DIE!!!? [/B] he could hear Davis screaming once more. The body in which his arm was stuck disappeared -- an after-image. Davis had changed his molecular structure and appeared behind Clavis. The guardian?s eyes opened wide as he turned to see Davis glaring at him with a look of utter dementia.

[B]?DIE WITH ME!?[/B] he suddenly called. Davis flew into Clavis at a speed that could not have been imaginable. At that exact moment, Eflair came to the place where she only saw Clavis standing before her.

[B]?Clavis!?[/B] she called excitedly, but then she noticed that something was wrong. Clavis was floating a foot off the ground. His eyes were white and he was struggling against himself. A gurgling sound was coming form within his throat. Clavis spread his arms into a mid-air crucifixion. Eflair watched, horrified, as his body was growing wider. Davis was materializing inside of him! Huge tears began to open in Clavis? skin.

Every large opening appeared like scissors gliding through paper. Clavis? body was a blood ball floating in midair, his innards and blood flying off in all directions. His head exploded. Next his feet blew off as well as his hands. The rest of his body caved in on itself, like a paper ball being crumpled up. The blood shot out all over the maze and seconds later there was absolutely nothing remaining of Clavis.

Eflair was in a greater shock than she had ever known, causing her to stumble back several steps. She was lucky, and this was the only thing which saved her from a trap that had opened just under her. Suddenly her ears were filled with a horrifying shrill scream.

[B]?DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? [/B] Davis? voice exploded. Eflair burst into tears. She curled herself into a ball, bawling and screaming. She hated everything. Why had she been thrown into this place?! Why did these people die?! WHY?! Everything was hopeless! She was never going to get out of here alive!!!

Suddenly Eflair was lifted into someone?s arms. She opened her eyes slowly to see that a man who looked shockingly like Deoky had lifted her up. The only difference was his flowing blonde hair and emotionless gaze.

Lara?s baby! She realized instantly. The child spoke directly into her mind. We must hurry! Immediately the man leapt into the aria carrying her and began jumping across platforms frantically, dodging traps, weaving in and out of areas, searching for an exit he knew had to exist. He knew that she wanted to get out. He only needed to get her out.

No matter where they were, Davis? horrifying wails echoed throughout. Eflair clung tightly to the man who was rescuing her. She remembered that she had only just delivered him. He needed a name?

[B]?I understand,?[/B] the man said, having peered into her mind. He had seen everything -- her entire life before and up until this point. [B]?So that is why you wish to leave this place. I understand everything that?s happening now. I promise I will get you out of here.?[/B] another scream pierced the air.

[B]?Thank you? Clavis??[/B]

Suddenly, Davis materialized on the platform the two were about to land. Clavis was taken by surprise and quickly looked down to Eflair in his arms.

[B]?Get ready!?[/B] He yelled. He quickly threw her through the air, landing her on the next platform above. Eflair didn?t look back to see if Clavis survived. She needed to find the exit she continued leaping from platform to platform, avoiding the traps with expert precision. Her mind had gathered all the power of her very soul together. It was her final run.

Clavis was falling directly toward where Davis had appeared. He was determined. He arced his arm in a devastating blow, but Davis disappeared into the air just before it connected. Clavis spun around in time to jump back and avoid the spot where Davis tore the air in half in a devastating strike. Clavis attacked once more, though Davis blocked in the knick of time. Davis was no fighter, though, and had underestimated the strength of his opponent. His left arm was torn clean off, blood erupting from the wound instantly.

[B]?GYAAAA!!!? [/B] Davis screamed in pain. Clavis immediately followed up by delivering a fierce kick that drove directly into Davis? chest. Davis was blown back. Were it not for his insane powers, his ribs would have been shattered. Clavis jumped into the air once more to deliver the final blow, but Davis was too quick. He tore space itself where his opponent was falling upon him and Clavis? body was torn in half at the waist, his arms severed in midair.

Clavis was conscious as the top half of his body fell from the platform and off into the depths of the maze as he fell his final thoughts drifted through his mind.[I] So this is what it means? to live? and to die? mother? father? I am coming.[/I][/COLOR]

[img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/img][IMG]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/2127/17yb9.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Everyone was dead other than Davis who was insane and Eflair who was desperately going from platform to platform searching for an exit. But when Davis materialized on the platform before her, she knew in that moment that she would not be finding the exit. Eflair sank to her knees in despair as she could see the dark power that had driven him insane was healing him much in the same way Deoky had healed himself. In only a few moments he would be fully healed and would then tear her apart. If only he wasn't so powerful now, she could have done to him what she nearly did to Deoky, enter his mind and take his life force, killing him.

But Deoky had been stunned, giving her the few seconds she needed to enter his mind. Davis she could sense would tear her to shreds before she could even touch him. Eflair sobbed as she realized what she had to do. She had not been fully trained yet but it no longer mattered. Most healers relied on a simple touch to connect to those they were helping, but it was possible to leave one's body altogether and enter another to help them. But it was dangerous. You could lose yourself in the person you entered, and if anything happened to your body while you were gone you would be trapped. But if Davis escaped, in his madness he would destroy all that lived, even her own world would be destroyed.

She wasn't sure if she had the strength to take his life force from him. Even if she left her own body to enter his mind. If she was wrong, not only would he destroy her body, but her mind would be trapped inside of his, within the madness she could clearly sense. Eflair sobbed even more as fate cruelly required a choice. Davis, other than the mad look in his eyes, had healed himself and in just a second or two would be launching himself at her. As he prepared to leap, with a twist she left her body and launched herself into his soul. A move that caused him to collapse on the platform he was standing on. Screaming in pain.

Eflair was battered by waves of both insanity and darkness as she literally entered Davis's soul, nearly losing herself in that instant. But the knowledge that failure would result in those she loved dying kept her from giving up and she battled the darkness, shoving it aside as she headed for the part of his mind that would let her take his life force from him. But when she got there she halted in confusion. There were two sparks of life force within Davis. One that was him and another that was a fragment.

A fragment that was obviously part of Deoky's own consciousness. Somehow, either when he attacked Davis or as she now saw finished healing him in order to use him, Deoky had left part of himself behind. As well as aspects of his terrible power, power that no human was meant to wield. It was overpowering Davis, tearing his mind apart and if it wasn't stopped it would as she had sensed, tear the universe apart.

But as Eflair moved to take them with her as she left, she realized that she could not! Though she knew how to take a life force from someone she had never encountered two in the same body before! And even though one was but a fragment, it was far more powerful than the other. Try as she might she could not grab both at the same time. If she were still in her own body she would have been screaming with frustration.

If she only took Davis's life force when she left, the fragment would keep his body alive and it would still tear the universe apart. If she took the fragment with her, Davis would live but she would be driven insane just like he was being driven insane! Eflair wanted to die at that moment as feeling of sheer despair and hopelessness overcame her. In the end she couldn't stop him after all. She was preparing to leave his mind when a thought occurred to her. One so abhorrent that she nearly fled from Davis's shattered mind to die. But then at the last moment she did not.

With a mental cry of sheer anguish she grabbed the fragment and fled with it, taking the darkness and madness with her and then, as she returned to her own body, she doubled over in pain as it settled into her mind. It would only take a few minutes to take over, but she only needed one minute for what she was going to do. She opened her eyes to see that Davis was still collapsed on the platform. Eflair wished that she could talk to him one last time before she died. But there wasn't enough time. The darkness was already clawing at her mental shields in an attempt to get out.

Eflair had been willing to die to stop Deoky and now she was willing to die for far more than that. She started the process of willing herself to die, a thought that was beyond abhorrent since no healer would ever take their own life, but she knew just what to do to make sure her body died before the darkness could take over. Since without a body the darkness would also die, it did not posses the ability to jump to others like she did.

She had failed to protect the baby, but she would not fail to protect the rest of the universe. With a final twist she separated her own life force, casting it from her body, her last thought as darkness took over was she hoped she had been able to save Davis as well. Eflair may have freed his mind from the darkness, but he was still trapped within the Maze. And then there was nothing...
[CENTER]------------------------------------[/CENTER][CENTER][IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3160/08th6.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER][/COLOR]

As Eflair took her own life, casting her life force from her own body, the fragment still trapped within her shields being dragged out to die with her, at that moment time froze. Only one was allowed to leave the Maze and that one was surrounded by a blue column of light and taken to the room where the screen monitoring things was located. Then time began yet again and the screen no longer displayed those in the Maze as all had been eliminated. Other than the one who was lying on the floor still unconscious and unaware of where he was.

When this had first began those who were brought here were told that all questions would be answered upon leaving the Maze. A series of questions filled the screen in bold green letters, a series of them along with some statements as well. Statements that were meant only for the one who had survived. The Maze waited for the sole survivor to wake up, for Davis Henderson to recover. For him to see what was on the screen and to respond to what was displayed.

It knew that in time he would recover and that it would not take long for him to grasp what was on the screen. Out of all the subjects he was most likely to understand just what he was about to find out. And just what it meant as well. Then as Davis Henderson started to finally stir, and then sat up and started looking around. The female computer voice spoke...

"[B]Congratulations you have successfully completed the Maze. Please be sure to read all the information presented before asking any questions[/B]."

Davis looked around to see where he was, looking for the others, since the last thing he could remember was right after Andrew had died. Then his eyes were drawn to the screen and what was displayed there...

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Davis did not know where he was when he woke up, nor did he understand what the female computer voice meant when it congratulated him on competing the Maze. How had he managed to complete the Maze? After Andrew had been horribly crushed he had been overwhelmed by pain, like he had when Deoky had assaulted his mind. And once again he could not remember what had happened since that moment. He only had a vague impression of somehow feeling Eflair?s presence and then nothing. The room he was in was empty other than two of the sleeper like contraptions they had woken up in, though both were empty, but as he finished looking around and thought about getting up he froze at the sight of an enormous screen along one wall.

His eyes widened in surprise as he read what was on it and then tears flowed down his cheeks when he realized that there was a list of names, names that though he had barely gotten to know them he would never forget. And to each side of the names was the word deceased indicating that they were dead. Davis could not stop crying as he read the rest of what was displayed on the screen nor when he read the questions. He looked away, disgusted at what he had read.

?[B]Why?[/B]? He finally asked.

?[B]Please clarify,[/B]? the female voice responded.

?[B]You don?t need me to clarify[/B]!? He yelled angrily, ?[B]Just tell me why![/B]?

?[B]Please clarify or move to the next question,[/B]? the cold emotionless voice said.

Davis ignored it, ?[B]I don?t understand, how could we have done this to ourselves, how could this be our fault? I refuse to believe that we chose to create this place! So I?m asking you, why?[/B]?

?[B]Move to the next question please,[/B]? the voice said.

Davis laughed hysterically. ?[B]If what is listed is true, you?re telling me that in the end we did this to ourselves.[/B]?

?[B]That is correct[/B],? the voice responded.

?[B]But you don?t know why.[/B]?

?[B]Correct.[/B]?

?[B]And all this time, you?ve yet to figure out how to restore the souls that were lost in spite of bringing countless thousands here only to die.[/B]? Davis said, his voice tight with barely suppressed fury.

?[B]That is correct,[/B]? the voice responded.

Davis got up and walked over to the sleeper, opening one and then started attempting to yank the cover off.

?[B]Please clarify your intentions.[/B]?

?[B]I would have thought that was obvious.[/B]? Davis replied sarcastically. ?[B]I?m going to smash you into tiny pieces to make sure you never bring someone here again![/B]? He ignored the monitor in favor of trying to pry the cover off.

?[B]Is it your intent to choose choice number three?[/B]?

?[B]It is.[/B]? Davis said grimly.

?[B]Even if doing so will result in termination?[/B]?

Davis finally managed to pry part of the cover off, flinging it at the monitor, cracking part of the screen. ?[B]Does that answer your question? Just die already![/B]?

He walked over and picked it up and started slamming it into the screen again and again. Screaming at the monitor, telling it to die. Until finally he collapsed, exhausted. But other than to destroy one section the rest was still working.

?[B]Why can?t you just die already?[/B]? Davis said as tears flowed down his cheeks. ?[B]If the life forms of this universe chose to place our knowledge into a monstrosity such as this then it would have been better if we had never existed! This is not some damn game show!

So yes choose number three! I do not want money/fame/or glory. I do not want to be returned to where I came from with my memories erased. I want choice number three, the destruction of the Maze![/B]?

?[B]Understood, initiating self destruct.[/B]?

On the screen a timer appeared, Davis sank to his knees. He would rather die than go back home as if nothing had ever happened. But then when the countdown reached zero he was caught in the blue beam and then found himself back where he had been before it started. Back in his office at the university where he taught history. [I]Why?[/I] He wondered. [I]Why did it send me back? Did it really destroy itself?[/I] He shuddered.

No one would ever believe him if he told them that in the distant future, life as they knew it would be over. That in a vain attempt to survive they would attempt to transfer their minds to some super computer that would then using the knowledge it had gained do what it had done. Building the center that controlled the Maze. Attempting to find the meaning of life or rather what had been lost. Davis curled up in a ball, miserable, unable to forget what had happened, wondering if the Maze had destroyed itself or if it had merely transported even more innocent people there only to start yet another challenge.

He sobbed, not caring if his students found him like that. One was not meant to cheat death. And the Maze in Davis's mind just proved it.[/COLOR][/SIZE]