OtakuBoards

The Maze [M - VLS]

Rachmaninoff

When Lara finally woke up it was to find herself with three other women, Eflair, Jennifer and Ambellina if she remembered correctly.[I] How did I get here?[/I] A moment later it hit her! [I]Alden![/I] With a start of pure fear she was scrambling to her feet looking around wildly for more of the fish creatures that had killed him, but she was in a dark cavern instead of the passage ways under the lake.

?[B][I]Settle down child, the creatures are not here and your thoughts are painfully loud.[/I][/B]?

Startled Lara quit moving. [I]They can read my thoughts? [/I]

?[B]I can?t[/B]? Ambellina said. ?[B]Not that it matters, it?s dangerous here so we need to get moving.[/B]? She turned to Jennifer as if asking her. Jennifer just nodded indicating that Ambellina was correct.

Confused but glad that she was not alone; Lara followed the three as they headed for what appeared to be a tunnel. A tunnel that lead into another section that this time appeared to be an abandoned town. A very tiny town as there was a few small cottages in what seemed to be a small valley. But then the lake had looked normal to Lara too. She wanted to turn around and leave, but was anywhere truly safe?

The group was about halfway through the abandoned town when an eerie silence descended. [I]This can?t be good[/I] Lara thought. Something that was confirmed by Jennifer when she spoke.

?[B][I]Something is coming. Quickly we must hide.[/I][/B]?

[I]Hide?[/I] Ambellina thought.[I] From what? [/I]She couldn?t hear or see anything. But she didn?t question but simply ran into one of the nearest cottages with the others. A moment later a deep vibration began, one that they all could feel in the walls and the floor of the cottage.

Slowly it became more pronounced until the sound of machinery could be heard as well. There was something horribly familiar about it, something that Lara was sure she had heard before. Slowly she stood up just enough to take a peek out the window, only to duck back down her face as white as a sheet.

?[B]What is it?[/B]? Ambellina asked her, ignoring the telepathic command from the others to be quiet.

Lara shook, ?[B]It just can?t be.[/B]?

?[B]What can?t![/B]? Ambellina demanded.

?[B]Those are tanks and troops out there, from my world! From the past![/B]?

?[B][I]Correct,[/I][/B]? A mental voice interrupted them, ?[B][I]They are searching for war criminals and though they are weak there there are too many of them. I have touched the thoughts of the leader and they are only passing through with no intention to stop so if we are quiet they will not know that we are here.[/I][/B]?

It was a good plan, one that nearly worked as the huge group of soldiers and tanks just moved through the center of the town, not stopping. For nearly an hour they stayed put while the vehicles passed through the small town. And then finally they were gone; the group got up and left the cottage breathing a sigh of relief when they walked back out and continued down the road.

They headed towards the end of the small town in the same direction that the troops had come from when to their surprise a small group was waiting for them, weapons drawn. A smug looking officer was sitting on top of a tank that was facing them. [I]Wait a second[/I], Lara and Ambellina thought. [I]How come Jennifer had not sensed them?[/I]

?[B][I]That was very clever of you to hide,[/I][/B]? he said as if to answer them. ?[B][I]But you?re not the only one who can use telepathy. I knew you were there from the moment you touched my thoughts. That was careless of you.[/I][/B]? He shook his right forefinger at them as if taking a small child to task for making a mistake.

It took them a moment to realize that he had he had spoken directly to them mind to mind. Both Jennifer and Eflair were strangely quiet. Ambellina seemed to be in shock and Lara's hand was on the hilt of the gun Alden had given her since she had tucked into the back of her pants.

?[B][I]I?d take you back to headquarters but I?m afraid you wouldn?t be worth the trouble since all unregistered telepaths are put to death. So I'll just execute you here.[/I][/B]? He spoke to them yet again in their minds.

[I]Telepath? I?m not a telepath![/I] Lara thought. Without thinking she pulled the gun she still had out and raised it, firing at the same time the soldiers did. However, her weapon was far more powerful and it ripped the tank in half. Then something slammed into her left shoulder and she felt herself being thrown backwards as if in slow motion.

As she fell Lara saw that some unknown force attacked the men as well, felling them where they stood and then Lara could see no more as she landed hard on her back. Then a moment later it was over. Cautiously Lara tried to sit up only to wince in pain from where she had been shot.

Eflair came over and helped her sit up and then did something to her shoulder, Lara didn?t know what it was but the pain slowly receded. ?[B]Thank you.[/B]?

?[B][I]You are welcome[/I][/B],? she replied. ?[B][I]It is a shame that Ambellina is beyond my power.[/I][/B]?

Lara looked over at Ambellina who was lying on the ground and then quickly looked away. Wishing she had not seen it since Ambellina had taken the main burst of the gunfire.

?[B][I]We must leave,[/I][/B]? Jennifer said. ?[B][I]If there are others like him who can use telepathy they may already know what happened here.[/I][/B]?

Eflair nodded as did Lara as she got up. She checked the gun that Alden had given her, tears in her eyes as she realized that twice now it had saved her life. She only wished it that it could have saved his too.
[CENTER]----------------------------------------[/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1716/13mg7.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]Davis, Rebecca, and Vanya walked silently for some time, taking in the painful silence. Ever since Gustaff's death, Vanya had been taking the lead. She would travel a small distance ahead of the other two and then return only to nod her head in approval symbolizing that the path ahead was clear. She did this every time they reached a fork in the road, and by now Rebecca had developed a system for which way they should go.

They could never really decide, each one posing a possible booby trap, but Rebecca wanted to alternate routes; left, then right, then left again. It worked for quite some time until Vanya returned from her scouting mission with her leg completely covered in blood. She had been shot with a primative arrow and she was lucky that it hadn't done any major damage.

At that point, The trio decided to change their routine. Now they would take two lefts, then two rights, then two more lefts, and so on. They had been doing this, praying the entire time that they wouldn't run into a door that would close behind them, for about an hour. And the entire time, not one word was spoken.

The silence was killing Rebecca; she hated it. She loved chatting with people and getting to know their personalities, but the recent death of Gustaff put up some sort of barrier between her and her allies... Of course, Rebecca understood a bit of silence for Gustaff. She was sure Davis was mourning, and Vanya just seemed to be collected. (However, Rebecca knew better. She thought that that Vanya was just a scared little girl on the inside, hiding behind her military background) Then something changed.

[B]"Now what?"[/B] Davis spoke for the first time in over an hour. The reason for this was because they were currently faced with not two pathways, but five!

[B]"I'm not sure,"[/B] Vanya said limping forward a bit, [B]"But if I had to bet, One of the paths is the only safe way out. The rest will probably be just as deadly, if not more so, than the meteor chamber."[/B]

[B]"I'm thinking the same thing."[/B] Rebecca said.

She was glad that this new delimma brought life back to her companions. Rebecca thought that she would die if there was another moment of silence.

[B]"Well,"[/B] Davis stopped, contemplating which way they should go. [B]"It doesn't leave us with very good chances, but Rebecca, I think you should choose. You've only been wrong once, and I trust that whatever decision you made will be good for all of us."[/B]

[B]"That seems fair enough."[/B] Vanya spoke up. It didn't sound sarcastic either, despite the bandaged wound from the arrow that had pierced her leg. Rebecca still felt bad for being the cause of it.

[B]"I don't think I could have all that resting on my shoulders--"[/B] she started, but Vanya interrupted.

[B]"Nonsense. This wound will heal, and Davis is right. You've picked the right path nearly every time. Without you, there's no telling where we'd be. And if you don't choose, you'll leave us with no other choice than to turn back and pick another pathway."[/B]

Rebecca knew that Davis and Vanya wouldn't turn back, but it was more of reinforcement for what Davis had said. Vanya was trying to boost her confidence, and while she failed miserably, it did force her to choose a path.

[B]"The center path."[/B] Pure dread could be heard in Rebecca's voice as she said those words. She hated choosing and almost immediately after she had said it, she wanted to take it back, but Vanya had already began her walk with Davis just shortly behind. Rebecca had no choice.

They walked on for some distance, Rebecca growing more and more nervous and even more angry that she was forced to break with her formula for safe passageways. She wondered if the maze had deliberately formed those five passages just to throw her off. She wondered if she would ever get out alive. Just as that thought occured, Rebecca heard a small clicking noise.

The wall suddenly closed just behind them and Vanya, being a large distance ahead, ran back to join Davis and Rebecca. The three remained in the corner, waiting for something to happen; praying what they thought could be their final prayers. The wall about 100 yards ahead closed as well and only a few seonds later, small red beams that appeared out of nowhere bridged the football-field sized distance in intracate designs. As they moved across the walls and tiled floor, bits of smoke began drifting up as though it was being burned.

[B]"I guess that means we can't touch those beams."[/B] Vanya surmised. It was a good observation as well because Davis was still in too much shock to even think about what the smoke could mean. [B]"Now the only question is, who's going to go to the other side and push that button?"[/B] She said indicating the small green button at the other side of the beam field. There wasn't a door, but the button could at least turn off the lasers.

[B]"I'll go,"[/B] Davis volunteered. He was brave, but he didn't look very fluid.

[B]"No. I'm going. Vanya's injured, and you just look slow. Besides, I got us into this mess. Now I'm going to get us out."[/B]

[B]"Be careful,"[/B] Vanya didn't argue, although Rebecca wished that she had. Davis just watcher her carefully.

[B]"Don't worry,"[/B] She said, with that same tone that Vany used back at the forked pathways, [B]"I'm a dancer."[/B]

Rebecca wasn't sure what good being a dancer was, but it seemed to reassure the others, nonetheless. It was true though, she was far quicker than the others, especially Vanya.

Upon stepping on the tiled floor, the lasers began moving and Rebecca was forced to step back. She looked back to the other two one last time before readying herself. She saw the quick pattern that the lasers were making and immediately realized it to be a waltz. She quickly took the proper pose and began moving.

[I]"One, two, three... One, two, three,"[/I] She counted as she spun and weaved her way in between the beams. She wanted to close her eyes, but she found that she couldn't blink at all out of fear for that the pattern would change.

She came to a dead spot and backed herself up against a wall, breathing heavily. Tears were running down her face. She was only halfway there and already it felt like an eternity.

[B]"You're doing great,"[/B] Davis called, [B]"Only a bit farther to go."[/B]

She took a deep breath, when suddenly the patter did change! The dull spot she was now at, was the target for several oncoming beams! She didn't have time to think; the pattern seemed strange and all Rebecca could do was curl up in a ball. It worked. Each beam passed just over her head, although her hair was somewhat shorter now.

She took another deep breath, once the beams had retracted. Suddenly Vanya screamed, [B]"LOOK OUT, REBECCA!"[/B]

The tile that she was standing on began to shake, until it moved up with a forceful jolt. Rebecca moved to the side, but not quick enough. One the the laser beams sliced off three of her toes on her right foot. She cried out in pain, but ultimately she was fine. All of the tiles on the floor were now moving in a pattern just like that of the beams, making it all the more hectic.

Rebecca didn't have time to think... The beams were coming at her again. She had to move and quick! She stepped into the fury of moving beams and tiles. Sidestepping the beam to her left and then in a move that wasn't dance, but didn't deny her fluidity, she barrell rolled into a dull spot. The other two wouldn't dare speak, afraid that they would ruin her concentration.

It was exactly the opposite; Rebecca wasn't thinking, this new pattern wouldn't let her. She moved as quickly as possible, bearing the pain searing throughout her foot, as she ducked under on of the beams while the tile she was on began to rise. She eventually got her groove back and began working the pattern more creatively. That still didn't stop the beams from taking a part of her flesh from her arm. It was just a graze, but that didn't help the pain any less.

There was only a few more feet, and the beams were moving faster than ever! In a final instant of bravado and fear, Rebecca dove through a small opening and arrived at the end. She gave a brief cutsey and then pushed the button. Vanya and Davis were cheering on the other side.

As Rebecca began limping back to the other side, to meet them in the middle a rumbling occured. It was faint, but fear swept over all of them.

[B]"Run!"[/B] Davis screamed.

Rebecca did the best she could, she was limping on account of her missing toes, but what scared her the most was that she couldn't see what she was running from. She heard a rhythmic pattern of thumps behind her and that only motivated her to move quicker.

The thumps got louder and louder until curiosity got the better of Rebecca and she needed to see what she was running from. Each section of the walls were closing; slamming shut at the center of her pathway. If she didn't move quicker and meet back with Vanya and Davis, she would be crushed.

Unfortunately, that brief time it took her to look back caused her to lose her footing. Davis began running after her, motivated to pick her up, but stopped after she screamed out in pain as a wall crushed her legs.

The time it took for Rebecca to die seemed like an eternity. It was in slow motion the whole time. From the moment she stepped foot into this maze to the time that she began dancing between the lasers, it all seemed like forever ago. She couldn't bare to look at her friends as she died. Her life was so short and Rebecca hadn't had a chance to accomplish what she wanted to, but at least she stopped the lasers. Maybe that's what she needed to do for Vanya and Davis. Maybe that was her destiny.

As the wall that would end her life began contracting, Rebecca looked at the ground, not wishing to see the horror on her friends faces. Yes, in that short time, she considered Vanya, Davis, and even Gustaff her friends. The thud of the wall was sickening to Davis. It wasn't just a thud, but it carried a small squshing noise that indicated blood and gray matter had just been smashed onto the wall, like that of fly being swatted. Davis turned to the side and puked.

[B]"Bastards!"[/B] Vanya cried out! She didn't know who she was speaking to, but she was sure someone was watching. [B]"You planned it from the beginning! To make her go through all of that, just to die. YOU SICK FREAKS!"[/B] She stumbled over, too tired to yell or even comfort Davis who was still in the corner.

When the final wall contracted, saving Vanya and Davis a distance of about 20 feet to move around comfortably. That same feminine voice rang out of nowhere,

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]"Contratulations, participants Davis and Vanya, you are the only two to have ever survived the laser beam corridor. You will find that this accomplishment gets you even closer to the end than any of the other paths, but tread lightly because the pathways will become even more treacherous than before."[/FONT][/B]

With that, the voice clicked off and the walls receeded, revealing a large mass of blood that could only be Rebecca Lynn's remains. At the edge of the 100 yard distance was a door that didn't used to be there when Rebecca started her journey through the lasers.

[B]"We don't have a choice but to move forward,"[/B] Davis said, suddenly retaking the lead. He seemed to be filled with anger and leadership at the same time. He wanted revenge.

As the two passed by the corpse of Rebecca, Vanya turned to her and stated plainly, holding back the tears, [B]"Thank you."[/B][/SIZE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8725/14pw8.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7197/roundone02hr0.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

Deep within the Maze and yet separate a huge monitor easily the size of a small house was lit, divided into sections following the progress of those who were inside the Maze. In the bottom lower right hand corner each person's name was listed in bold glowing green letters:

[B]Deloras Belanders[/B]: Deceased
[B]Samik Specis[/B]: Deceased
[B]Gustaff Meldrachen[/B]: Deceased
[B]Ambellina Prise[/B]: Deceased

Just under that were two other names in bold glowing green letters:

[B]Alden Courtney[/B]: Time Shift In Progress...
[B]Rebecca Lynn[/B]: Time Shift In Progress...

The rest of the names displayed in a similar fashion with the words Active to the right of their names. Indicating that they had survived the first Challenge.

Then just on the other side of the room two sleepers opened both of them occupied... and the words Replica's completed flashed on the screen before fading. A bright light surrounded the bodies and then they were gone. The words, final Time Shift In Progress... flashed on the screen, over a section showing a split view of both Alden and Rebecca right before they died. Time stopped in both locations as each body was surrounded by light. Then on another screen in a different room altogether the light reappeared, dropping both the unconscious Alden and Rebecca in the middle of the room. Their wounds fully healed.

Time started flowing again and those who had been there when they died did not realize that what had been torn apart and crushed was but a replica of the original. Then another change occurred on the screen before the section indicating it was Challenge one changed to Challenge two:

[B]Alden Courtney[/B]: Time Shift Completed, Status: Active
[B]Rebecca Lynn[/B]: Time Shift Completed, Status: Active

New rules were put into place the words flashing across the screen as each one was implemented. Then once they were done the words indicating what they were faded from the screen and it went back to simply displaying the people as they moved through the maze.
[CENTER]----------------------------------[/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8714/lifecardqd5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8725/14pw8.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8714/lifecardqd5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/530/07uv4.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

[B]OOC:[/B] Congratulations on finishing the first round. In addition to my life card I have also used the life card issued to one of the players to revive a character.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]After leaving the colosseum where they had fought the golem, Andrew Whitaker and his companions arrived to a room with seats and tables, flashing lights of varying colors and shapes, and a strange square made of blinking colored tiles in the middle of the floor. There was not a soul in sight.

[B]"These lights hurt my eyes!"[/B] Neheb complained. [B]"Do something about them!"[/B]

Andrew was confused about the place, it seemed almost otherwordly to him. Liam was just as puzzled, but Fredrick had a pondering look on his face.

[B]"This looks vaguely familiar"[/B], he muttered. [B]"I think I've seen something like this in the documents about ancient civilizations on Earth. I can only deduce that this place is meant for some kind of entertainment."[/B]

[B]"How can anybody entertain themselves in a horrible place like this?!"[/B] Neheb huffed. [B]"By Amon-Ra, these lights are doings of Seth himself!"[/B]

Andrew smiled at the boy. He didn't think the place was that bad himself.

Suddenly a loud music started to play. Neheb blocked his ears.

[B]"Ah, this is music from the 20th century!"[/B] Fredrick recognized. [B]"A classic from two thousand years back. I believe it was called Dys-Go, or something like that."[/B]

Fredrick walked to the center of the floor, stepping on the colored tiles, and did some awkward looking movements.

Andrew laughed. It was totally different from the concerto's he had heard, but he liked it nevertheless. Liam's face indicated more of a shock than joy, and Nehed was still holding his hands to his ears and squeezing his eyes shut.

[B]"Is it just me"[/B], Liam shouted. [B]"Or is the noise getting louder?"[/B]

Now that he mentioned it, Andrew noticed it too. The beat was getting heavier and louder by the second, and soon they were all clutching their ears. The music turned into a chaotic mix of melodies and intruments.

[B]"We have to get out of here!"[/B] Andrew barked through the cacophony.

Suddenly a sharp pain pierced his right ear. He touched it, then looked at his fingers and saw that they had blood in them. Now they really had to get out of there fast![/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]The raging instrument amalgamation grew in a cacophony of immense disturbance. Holding tight to their ears, the group was searching around for an exit but not seeming to find out anywhere.

[B]?Gh-ghah!?[/B] Neheb growled as a bass chord stabbed at his eardrum.

[B]?The tiles!?[/B] Fredrick called out over the music, but now one was able to hear him. Everyone was so busy writhing and holding onto their ears that they couldn?t offer their attention! Fredrick quickly began stomping around the dance floor on each panel trying to knock it loose. Meanwhile Liam was scouring the walls and staring up the ceilings to try and find a door. Andrew and Neheb were falling to their knees.

The group panicked. Liam began slamming himself into the walls trying to knock them down. Fredrick began to feel a small trickle of blood coming from his eardrum. He could see that Neheb?s hands were red with his own blood. Finally he turned his attention toward the track lights above.

[B]?Gyah!?[/B] With a leap, Fredrick grabbed onto the small light, ignoring the burning sensation that shot into his palms. With his weight added onto it, the track light slid downward -- an entire section of the ceiling descending with it. It slid 3 feet down , letting Fredrick just down to the ground. What had descended appeared to be a massive block, but there was a hole in the side of it like the platform mazes often found in children?s jungle gyms. Liam and Neheb quickly began running toward the block Fredrick had pulled.

Despite his ears begging not to be uncovered, Fredrick jumped and grabbed the ledge that was now open ad quickly climbed up into the pitch-black room above. As he did, Liam and Andrew, too, began to climb up. Neheb approached but it was quickly made evident that he wouldn?t be able to jump high enough. Fredrick extended his hand down to Neheb, but the boy wouldn?t pull his hands from his ears.

[B]?Neheb! You have to grab my hand! You have to pull your hands away for just a second!?[/B] Fredrick tried to yell, but the young king couldn?t make out his words. Tears were pouring down the boy?s face as he gawked at the older men above.

[B]?God fucking damn it, grab my hand!!!!? [/B] Neheb meekly began to pull his hands from his ears but the music was only getting worse. Blood erupted from his ears and he replaced his hands, falling to the ground in a ball.

[B]?NOOO!!?[/B] Fredrick howled. It was too late. Neheb let out a terrifying scream and his head exploded. The boy?s brain-matter shot out and coated the floor of the disco room and a fountain of blood spewed from his neck. Fredrick and Liam watched in utter fright as the frail, decapitated corpse fell to the ground and crimson oozed out, pooling around. The platform the two sat on began to raise, closing the hole that led into the room below.

Liam, Andrew and Fredrick were left in the pitch-black room with nothing but overwhelming shock.

[IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5083/15ix3.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]The first thing Alden realized as he woke up was that he was lying partially on top of something soft and warm. It was rather comfortable and he found himself drifting back to sleep when he remembered what had happened. He had been pulled under the water by some wire and something had hit him in the head. Startled he opened his eyes and started to get up only to halt when he realized that what he was lying on was one of the girls who he had first met when he woke up in this strange place.

Rebecca, if he remembered her name correctly was easily the prettiest of the lot with her gorgeous pink hair and generous curves. Something that he could feel as his right hand was resting on her left breast. And though his scanner was cracked it was still functioning, the readout he was getting indicated that the woman was still deeply asleep.

He glanced around briefly but the two of them were alone and other than a single door there was nothing indicating there was any type of trap. Alden hesitated, torn between the desire to leave and yet another desire coming from being in close proximity to Rebecca. Beautiful women was one of the main reasons he had gotten into crime. There was nothing he loved more than being surrounded by lovely women and being wealthy meant he always got whatever woman he set his eyes on.

The temptation was more than he could handle and he gently ran his hand down her body, reveling in how he could feel how fit and trim she was under her clothing. When he reached the bottom of her shirt and started to slide his hand underneath onto her skin his scanner alerted him that she was starting to wake up. Quickly he pulled his hand free and moved to position himself so that he was merely kneeling next to her.

She opened her eyes, taking in her surroundings and then with a start of panic sat up and quickly checked her feet. [I]Why is she checking her feet?[/I] Alden wondered. But then a moment later she turned to him and favored him with a dazzling smile.

When Rebecca woke up the first thing she noticed was that she was lying on her back in an empty room with someone kneeling next to her watching her. He tried to hide it but Rebecca wasn't fooled, as a dancer and with her social skills she was well accustomed to being stared at. She knew she was quite pretty. But then it came back to her, she had managed to get though a death trap of lasers, even after having some of her toes cut off but then when she fell and was about to be crushed everything was a blank. Quickly she checked her feet, but to her surprise her toes were right were they were suppose to be. [I]How can that be?[/I] She thought. It wasn't like one would forget having their toes cut off. But more importantly how had she gotten here?

Rebecca turned and flashed one of her best smiles at Alden, at least that's what she thought his name was. "[B]I don't suppose you know what happened do you?[/B]"

"[B]No, I do not. I was pulled under a lake by some wires and hit my head. After that I woke up here with you.[/B]"

"[B]I was about to be crushed by some walls and then everything went black.[/B]" Rebecca started to get up but Alden beat her to it, lending her a hand. Once she was up she stood so close that they were nearly touching. She put on her best semi-defenseless look, if she was going survive this place she was going to need someone to help her.

"[B]What do you suggest we do?[/B]" She asked him.

Alden gave her a half smile before responding. "[B]Get out of here of course. Though if you are tired, since I don't see any traps here we can always rest a little before we get started.[/B]"

Rebecca just smiled, "[B]Well perhaps for just a little while[/B]."

She smiled even more at Alden's expression. Wrapping men around her little finger was something she had always been good at. And when they were actually cute as well, it just made it even more fun. A part of her mind wondered if she had time for this, but then, remembering what had happened she decided that she did. Even if she had quick reflexes and good social skills, unlike Alden she didn't have any weapons to defend herself with or devices to detect traps. She definitely needed to get him to stick with her. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B]OOC:[/B] Time for a secret card to be played. This time two people have been issued a Creation Card. This special card allows one of the players to add another character to the game and thus increase their chance of winning. ;)
[CENTER]--------------------------------------------[/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1930/creationcardjc5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/2127/17yb9.jpg[/IMG]
[B]Name[/B]: Clavis
[B]Gender[/B]: Male
[B]Age[/B]: 28
[B]Race & Origin[/B]: Unknown, Sacred Bird Cosmos in the year 2032
[B]Occupation[/B]: Guardian of Darkness [/CENTER]
When Davis and Vanya had continued, Davis had been feeling the desire to exact revenge for what had been done to poor Rebecca. But in no time at all as they went through what seemed like endless corridors that changed to a desire to simply get out of this place. But when they came across yet another sleeper his curiosity got the better of him once again.

This time the person was an adult and as they sat up looking at both Vanya and Davis their eyes full of questions Davis didn't know what to say.

"[B]Who are you? Where am I?[/B]" The man asked both of them.

"[B]I am Davis, this is Vanya. And for all intents and purposes we may as well be in hell.[/B]" Davis said bitterly.

The man merely raised an eyebrow at that statement and got out of the sleeper, taking a moment to adjust his long flowing robes before talking to those he had just met.

"[B]I am Clavis, Guardian of Darkness, from the realm of the Sacred Bird.[/B]" Clavis said as he carefully folded his arms. "[B]Now just why are you referring to this place as hell, are you servants of evil? If so I warn you, I will not lend you my power.[/B]"

"[B]No, no![/B]" Davis said hastily, "[B]What I meant is that this place is full of lethal traps.[/B]" He paused as he choked up a bit. "[B]Two of our companions have lost their lives already.[/B]" Davis continued, explaining all that had happened.

"[B]I see,[/B]" Clavis replied. "[B]Then we must find the caretakers of this realm and put an end to this evil.[/B]"

"[B]You're pretty trusting ,[/B]" Vanya snorted.

Clavis just raised an eyebrow at that. "[B]Obviously you do not understand what a guardian is. For someone like him,[/B]" he indicated Davis. "[B]It is easy to sense that he tells the truth as he knows it. You on the other hand hide what you are behind layers and layers of defenses. Though I do not sense any initial malice. So for now I will trust that the two of you are indeed who you say you are.[/B]"

"[B]I'm easy to sense huh?[/B]" Davis said. "[B]Maybe later once we get out of this place you could explain to me just what you mean by that.[/B]"

"[B]If you wish.[/B]" Clavis said simply.
[CENTER]--------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1930/creationcardjc5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7266/16gd3.jpg[/IMG]
[B]Name[/B]: Deoky Shilos
[B]Gender[/B]: Male
[B]Age[/B]: 25
[B]Race & Origin[/B]: Darkchild / Belagosi Cosmos
[B]Occupation[/B]: Evil Warlord [/CENTER]
Jennifer, Lara and Eflair were feeling quite depressed as they continued. Especially Lara. It had caught her by surprise to see those she had thought were from her world based on their uniforms and technology, also had the ability to use telepathy. Even Jennifer had not expected it and the result had nearly killed them all. All of them were glad to finally reach the end of the valley Jennifer especially as she practically ripped the door to what appeared to be an underground cavern off it's hinges and entered.

It came to no surprise to them when the door closed and vanished, leaving them no where to go but forward. But when their eyes adjusted to the more subdued lighting it was to find a sleeper in the middle of the room. A young male sleeping inside. But when he opened his eyes and the sleeper opened to let him out. Jennifer pulled back with a hiss. Even as she looked for an exit.

"[B][I]This one is untrustworthy, we should leave immediately.[/I][/B]" She told the others mind to mind.

"[B][I]I can hear you wench![/I][/B]" An unknown male voice spoke clearly to all of them in their minds. "[B][I]You have not told the others all that you are either, probably the only one here who is trustworthy is Lara.[/I][/B]"

Startled Lara pulled back looking wildly for an exit but seeing none. Was everyone and everything here crazy? She kept her hand on the hilt of the gun she had tucked into her pants.

"[B][I]I have no intention of harming you child,[/I][/B]" Deoky Shilos said to Lara alone. Making it clear that he had spoken only to her. Then he addressed them all as he got up.

"[B][I]I am Deoky Shilos, Warlord of the Belagosi Cosmos. It is not necessary for you to explain why I am here as I have read your minds. At least that which you have not hidden from me. I know that none of you brought me here so I propose a truce. Each of you has power that if we used it together will aid our chances of getting out of here.[/I][/B]"

[I]Powers? What powers?[/I] Lara thought. [I]I don't have any powers. Not like Jennifer who killed those men or Eflair who healed my wound from earlier.[/I]

"[B][I]You have your gun,[/I][/B]" Deoky's voice whispered in Lara's mind and Lara's mind alone.

For a long moment they all stared at each other until finally Jennifer nodded. "[B][I]Very well, it seems we have no choice.[/I][/B]"

"[B][I]Good, then let us start by finding the exit to this tomb.[/I][/B]" Deoky said.

He glanced at Lara projecting his thoughts once again to her and only her. "[B][I]Don't worry, I'll protect you.[/I][/B]" He smiled inwardly to himself.

Lara was a bit confused. Why was Deoky insisting on speaking on occasion to her only? And better yet, how was it that she could tell when he was doing so? His touch on her mind felt strange, unlike Jennifer and Eflair. What in the world was going on?

Clavis, Davis and Vanya had not gone very far when a column of blue light appeared out of no where, surrounding Davis before a moment later he vanished.

"[B]What trickery is this?[/B]" Clavis demanded as he looked around. "[B]I can't sense him anymore.[/B]"

"[B]I would presume it was some sort of transportation beam.[/B]" Vanya mused. "[B]There's no telling where it sent him.[/B]"

Vanya sighed. She was beginning to wonder if any of them would make it out of this crazy place alive.
[CENTER]-----------------------------------------------------[/CENTER]
Davis did not get a chance to wonder just what had happened. One moment he had been with Clavis and Vanya and then he had been caught in a flash of blue light. Instinctively he had closed his eyes, attempting to move backwards but the moment the light touched him he couldn't move! But before he could truly panic he felt the light let go and he opened his eyes to find himself facing Jennifer, Eflair, Lara and a young man he had never met before. [I]How did I get here?[/I] It took him a moment to realize that something was off.

"[B]Where's Ambellina?[/B]" He asked and then choked a bit when he saw the look in their eyes. As well as Lara as she shook her head, indicating that Alden was gone as well. "[B]I see, both Gustaff and Rebecca didn't make it either.[/B]" Davis turned to ask the young man who he was only to step back in surprise his eyes wide when he spoke directly to him in his mind.

"[B][I]I am Deoky Shilos.[/I][/B]"

"[B]You're a telepath? Amazing![/B]" Davis said, forgetting for a moment where he was. "[B]I've never met a telepath before![/B]" Davis extended his hand to shake Deoky's. "[B]I'm Davis.[/B]"

Deoky returned the hand shake and nodded politely to Davis and then smiled to himself. [I]Perfect,[/I] he thought only to himself. [I]That makes two that I can mold to my will, both Davis and Lara will do nicely.[/I] He cast a reproachful glance at both Jennifer and Eflair.

"[B][I]For shame, hiding who you were from one as innocent as him.[/I][/B]" He grinned at Jennifer's look of irritation.

"[B]Hiding? What does he mean?[/B]" Davis asked both Jennifer and Eflair. Puzzled as to what Deoky was talking about.

"[B][I]Both Eflair and I can speak that way as well.[/I][/B]" Jennifer said,"[B][I]it was not necessary to do so before.[/I][/B]" She cast Deoky a reproachful look as well. "[B][I]Something that this one already knows.[/I][/B]"

Deoky just smiled innocently. "[B][I]I did not hide that ability from any of you. But enough of that, we did agree to work together, so lets keep looking for an exit shall we?[/I][/B]"

"[B]Yeah, we really need to get out of here.[/B]" Lara spoke up.

Davis wasn't listening he was focusing on Deoky. "[B]So you're a telepath huh? I don't suppose you could tell me about it? Well once we get out of here that is.[/B]"

"[B][I]But of course.[/I][/B]" Deoky said.

Then he spoke to Davis and Davis alone. "[B][I]I promise that unlike the other two, I will not hide anything from you.[/I][/B]" He exerted a bit of his ability to charm others. Just a hint of his power to bend others to his will. He could do so much more once Jennifer and Eflair were dealt with. "[B][I]There is much that I can teach you.[/I][/B]" He smiled at the obvious hunger for knowledge that Davis had. Like Lara who was trusting, he too would be easy to bend to his will.
[CENTER]-------------------------------------[/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/369/transportcardxe4.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2673/09fc1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]"You didn't even try to help me!"[/B] Fredrick Shavask roared to Andrew and Liam. The two stared at the raging man in disbelief.

[B]"Calm down, Fredrick"[/B], Andrew said in a demanding tone. [B]"There's nothing none of us could've done."[/B]

[B]"What a stubborn child he was"[/B], Liam sighed.

[B]"Do not say that, you freak! He was innocent to all this, and now he's dead!"[/B] Fredrick shouted.

Inside him, he knew that it was all his fault. He had failed to protect the kid, just like he had failed to protect the civilians of Colony 5. They had mostly been women, children and elderly, looking forward to a new, peaceful life in the planet Lachesis. No one knew that the planet was already inhabited by fiends living underground. That one dreadful night the beasts had creeped to the surface, and silently slaughtered everybody. Fredrick and his men who were sleeping on their ship were saved, but everybody they were supposed to keep safe were dead.

That tragedy still haunted him every night in his dreams. Neheb was just a new name to the long list of people that had died because of him!

[B]"We have to move on. It's only a matter of time before this rooms turns into a death trap as well"[/B], Andrew said, turning to leave the dark room they were in.

[B]"Have you no shame?! The boy just died! Can't we even have a moment of grief?!"[/B] Fredrick yelled, taking a few leaps towards Andrew, who gave him a scornful look. The mocking face of the man made Fredrick see red.

[B]"Oh, get over it! We don't have time for pitiful moments of grief!"[/B] Andrew huffed. Seeing the furious look of Fredrick, he placed his hand on the hilt of the sword hanging on his belt.

[B]"Grahh! I'll show you pitiful!"[/B] Fredrick bellowed, and jumped towards Andrew, glutching his neck. Andrew got his sword out, but Fredrick pulled them both down. The sword fell from Andrew's hand, rolling out of his reach.

[B]"Stop it!"[/B] Liam screamed at the struggling men. He was very afraid of what this was going to. He didn't want to die again!

The slender Andrew was no match for Fredrick's brutal strength. The soldier went limp under his arms as Fredrick banged Andrew's head to the floor. His hands were smeared red, and a pool of blood appeared under Andrew.

[B]"No!"[/B] Liam screamed as he saw what had happened, and he quickly picked up Andrew's sword.

Fredrick blinked, realizing what his nightmares had led him into. Suddenly a piercing pain went through his chest, and he fell down on Andrew's corpse.

Liam let go of the sword he had pierced Fredrick with. He was safe - for now.[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/994/dualdeathcarddq3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3991/06dl5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1696/11qx1.jpg[/IMG]
[SIZE=1]
OoC: Thanks for the awesome card, again, Rach! ;P[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Liam?s breathing was heavy and his arm grew limp. He released the handle of the blade which now sat in the heart of Fredrick Shavask. His eyes grew as he realized what he?d done, looking down on the small pile of corpses and the pooled blood all around. He could tell Andrew was beyond saving but Fredrick.

[I]He?ll kill me?[/I] Liam thought. He didn?t understand why the man had come to such a brutal rage and overpowered Andrew, but he?d been smart to put a stop to it, right? Otherwise it would have been both him and Andrew dead there in the dark, and probably Fredrick too? right?! His head was spinning. His heart kept feeling heavier as he began to fill with grief.

[I]Why?! What have I done?![/I] Liam began sobbing into his soft blue hands. The coldness of his flesh was nothing of reassurance. He crumbled to the ground and sobbed continually. It was his fault, wasn?t it? He should have helped save the poor child. Maybe he could have helped Andrew before it was too late. Maybe Fredrick would have come to his senses. Wasn?t it all his fault?!

Liam was overwhelmed with despair.[I] I will never make it out of here!!! [/I] His mind cried. That?s when it hit him --- why was he still alive?! He looked around the place where he was. It was a room no larger than a common bedroom. The only feature of the room was a lack thereof -- it was pitch black and bare. The walls, ceiling, and floor were all completely flat and without temperature. It was a perfectly empty room aside from three corpses, one which was taking in ragged breaths of despair.

Liam looked over at the two bloodied and grotesque corpses. These were people he didn?t even know. People who meant so very little to him. That boy -- he had taken a blade to the chest for that boy already, right? Why was this incident suddenly a blow of grief? He looked over to Andrew, who he had never even spoke to, and the same was true of the other man. While he was shaken by their deaths, it wasn?t his fault --- that?s when he figured it out.

[I]The room enhances emotion![/I] The reason for Fredrick?s outburst, and for his waddling in grief -- it was the trap. Liam realized that, at that rate, he surely would have torn himself to pieces and died there all alone. His mind had been changed. I will live for their memories as well as my future, he thought, and stood up. His eyes turned to Fredrick as he wondered if he might be able to bring him back to life. Just as he began approaching, though, he was suddenly caught in a glowing light.

---

Clavis and Vanya were just ready to resume their journey without Davis when another blue glowing light appeared before them. Both instantly thought it would be Davis, but instead a boy with blue skin stepped forth.

[img]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/369/transportcardxe4.jpg[/img][IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7640/04mv1.jpg[/IMG] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Deoky Shilos, Warlord of the Belagosi Cosmos was already calculating and plotting just how to get rid of both Jennifer and Eflair. Both of them had powerful magic much like he did and were strong willed, totally unsuitable in his opinion. But even more grating on his nerves was the aura of kindness that they possessed. They would never willing obey one such as he, Doeky had not become a Warlord by being kind.

Ideally getting rid of Jennifer first would work best since Eflair, though powerful was timid and easily frightened. Something that was obvious in the way she moved cautiously forever glancing at Jennifer for approval as well as for her to tell her what to do. [I]Pathetic![/I] He thought. Even if Jennifer was not around, even if Eflair too could be bent to his will, he would rather stick to the other two who due to their inability to keep him out of their minds would serve him far better. And in the end he did not care for Eflair, unlike Lara who was at least pretty in an innocent way. He was already imagining how much better she would look properly attired.

He continued, boldly taking the lead, trusting in his power to warn him of traps when the group came to another underground cavern, one that had two possible routes they could take. Deoky was positive that one had to be a trap, but even with his power, other than to sense it, he could not tell which direction was safe. He came to a standstill.

"[B][I]One of the paths before us leads to death,[/I][/B]" he said. "[B][I]Perhaps we should go back and look for another route.[/I][/B]" But even as he thought it the path they had just come from collapsed with a rumble of dirt and rocks. "[B][I]It seems that what ever brought us here intends for us to go forward.[/I][/B]"

Davis moved forward but not quite into either passage way. "[B]Well as far as I can tell, this one looks a lot like a route leading into an Egyptian tomb. I can clearly see the symbols on the walls.[/B]" He said indicating the path to the right. "[B]The other path I haven't a clue since though it is of a much more advanced material with the metal walls, I do not recognize the technology behind the panels in the ceiling. I don't know what to recommend since even though I know that an Egyptian tomb is loaded with lethal traps to prevent thieves from entering. The other path could easily be a trap as well.[/B]"

"[B][I]What do you think Jennifer, Eflair?[/I][/B]" Deoky asked slyly.

Jennifer glanced at Deoky as if looking for what he was up to while Eflair almost hid behind her. "[B][I]I think that since Davis is at least familiar with the Egyptian path, since he is familiar with the type of traps it would have it would be best to take a route where we have at least some knowledge instead of blindly going down another route.[/I][/B]"

"[B][I]And you Eflair?[/I][/B]" Doeky asked. "[B][I]Surely you don't need Jennifer to make your choices for you?[/I][/B]" He grinned at Jennifer's angry expression.

Eflair backed away a bit before answering. "[B][I]My power works better when it is surrounded by nature. The walls of the Egyptian passage though foreign are at least still in tune to the nature of the ground they were made from.[/I][/B]" She straightened up a bit taking on a bit more confidence. "[B][I]I can sense nothing from the other path, but this one, I can and at least initially there is no traps.[/I][/B]"

"[B][I]Very well then, shall we get going?[/I][/B]" Deoky started down the path of the stone walls the others closely following him. Both Jennifer and Eflair were cautiously watching him but the others, especially Davis kept asking him questions. Until they came to a huge inner chamber with tiles up above swirling sand, tiles just big enough for a single person to stand on. There were dozens of the tiles all across the swirling sand and on the other side was a ledge with the door leading to the next area. And when the corridor behind them was closed by a door that swiftly shut it was obvious that they were expected to jump from tile to tile until they got to a platform on the other side.

Lara just groaned. "[B]Lovely, now we have to get to the other side. And I'm sure that falling into the sand is not a good idea.[/B]" A thought that was confirmed when movement was seen on the other side as something was moving in the sand.

At that moment the section they were standing on began to sink. "[B]Damn![/B]" Davis cursed as he quickly jumped to the first tile. Turning briefly to see that the others had done the same. As quickly as they could they all began moving from tile to tile, heading for the other side. Eflair was struggling and nearly fell into the sand when Deoky who was right next to her reached out gave her just enough support to keep her from falling.

Eflair looked at Deoky with surprise, of all people she would have never expected him to help her. But then she had no time to think as movement caught her eye. One of the creatures in the sand was heading towards her. As quickly as she could she continued. Jumping to the ledge on the other side at the same time Deoky did, barely escaping the tentacle that reached from the sand to pull her down.

Then they turned to watch the other three, Davis and Lara were almost there as well and then they too jumped from the tiles to the platform, Jennifer right behind them. But just as Jennifer jumped to make it to the safety of the ledge to the horror of the others, except for Deoky who smiled cruelly, the tentacle that had nearly gotten Eflair shot out of the sand wrapping itself around Jennifer and swiftly pulled her under the sand before she could even scream.

"[B]No![/B]" Davis screamed even as he desperately moved to try and grab her. But Deoky quickly caught him pulling him back.

"[B][I]You can't help her![/I][/B]" Deoky snapped.

Then before anything else could happen, horrible muffled screams from under the sand could be heard and then a terrible tearing sound. Seconds later blood began to creep up staining the sand with a dark crimson red color, and then the monster that had torn Jennifer to shreds reared it's head. It was some type of giant worm with a huge mouth surrounded by tentacles, ones that still held parts of the now dead Jennifer.

"[B]Damn you![/B]" Lara yelled as she pulled out the gun she had and fired. The blast knocked her off her feet at the same time that it tore the the sand worm apart, showering all of them with both parts from the body of the worm as well as Jennifer.

"[B][I]Quickly! Into the other room before the other one attacks![/I][/B]" Deoky urged them. He pulled Lara to her feet and shoved her in the direction of the door before turning to grab Davis as well. Eflair was already running for the door and beat the others through it. Then shortly after Lara went through, Doeky followed with Davis. The door slamming shut just as another set of tentacles reached for them.

Deoky waited patiently while the others recovered from the shock of Jennifer's death. Giving them a moment to compose themselves. Even Eflair kept looking at him with confusion since he could tell she did not understand why he had saved her. But then the easiest way to fell an opponent was to make them think you were trustworthy or at the very least that you intended them no harm. And until he found the right moment to deal with her, she would be useful with her healing ability. Unlike Jennifer who would never have dropped her guard around him. He smiled inwardly yet again. Things were going even better than he could have hoped for.
[CENTER]------------------------------------[/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8458/05zi8.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Deoky Shilos knew that he was on top of this game, just like he was in the Belagosi Cosmos. He had risen to power with his supernatural intelligence, charming manners and ruthless decision-making. He and his armada of warships was feared and respected throughout the galaxies.

No one would stand in his way. Not the deceased Jennifer, not the smart Davis, not the frail Eflair, not the pathetic Lara. He would walk out of this place alive, no one else.

He looked at his devastated companions. All these deaths were becoming too much to their weak minds. This was easier than he thought.

Lara Servas looked at Deoky and smiled warmly. She depended on him. Deoky smiled back. He took a few steps towards her, intending to wrap her even tighter around his finger.

Suddenly a bright blue light surrounded him, nullifying all his plans. It was the same light that had brought Davis to them. Now it was going to take Deoky away!

[CENTER]~~~~~[/CENTER]

[B]"Nooooo!!!"[/B] Deoky shouted from the bottom of his lungs. He hated to lose!

Vanya, Liam and Clavis stared at the feminine-looking man that had appeared in front of them with surprise.

[B]"Another teleporter!"[/B] Vanya gasped at the eagle-eyed guardian and the blue-skinned boy. Then she approached the man lying on the ground. [B]"Maybe he knows something about Davis..."[/B]

[I]Davis?[/I] Deoky thought. His twisted mind immediately started working for a solution to his problem.

[b]"Davis? You knew him?"[/b] Deoky asked, keeping his voice low and his face down.

[B]"Yes. My name is Vanya, and these here are Clavis and Liam Linche. We travelled with Davis before. Why are you speaking of him in a past tense, though?"[/B] Vanya asked, with fear creeping into her heart. Davis had been there with her from the start, together they had witnessed the death's of Gustaff Maldrachen and Rebecca Lynn.

[B]"He's dead"[/B], Deoky lied. [B]"So is Jennifer, Eflair and Lara Servis... and everybody else we encountered on our journey through this pandemonium."[/B]

Deoky looked at the three new people with moist eyes and a shocked expression in his face.

[B]"As far as I know, we are the only living people here!"[/B]

Vanya put her hand over her mouth, Liam shook his head in desperation and Clavis looked up with a worried expression in his stern face. A new plan was set in motion.[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/369/transportcardxe4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7266/16gd3.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Alden was not fooled by Rebecca?s well-played look of helplessness. It seemed that like him she too was use to getting her way and so long as they had the same goals he was willing to go along with it. Curious to see just how far she was willing to go he offered her a chance to rest, knowing full well she would understand just what he was implying since his scanner showed that she was not tired. When she agreed and smiled even more charmingly he made the first move, surprising even himself that he could feel such desire in a place like this. But as he pulled her tightly against him and kissed her she responded in turn running her hands up along his back instead of pulling away.

A tiny part of his mind was screaming at him, telling him that he was foolish for even thinking it was safe to do what he was doing, but it was if he couldn?t control his own body and other than the tiny part that objected the rest of him that was being pulled further and further into it didn?t care. He could barely contain himself as both of them in no time had taken each other?s clothing off and when Rebecca did things to him that no other woman had that tiny part of him that was objecting fell silent.

And even the harsh cold floor seemed to barely exist as he entered her and then finally took her, filling his own needs as well as hers. Then both of them just stayed lying there on the floor totally spent and exhausted starting to fall asleep still entwined. It took the harsh beeping of his scanner attempting to warn him of a change in their environment to keep him from falling asleep. As he lay there on top of her still dazed as if drugged he had to read the data several times before it sunk in that the room was filled with a type of drugged dust that was common on earth. One that was well known for use in parties of a more wild kind as it enhanced certain activities. [I]What the hell?[/I] With a rush of adrenaline he came fully awake, pulling free of Rebecca who had fallen asleep and looked around wildly.

Hastily he pulled his clothes on angry with himself for losing control like that, even if the sheer amount of the drug floating in the air was responsible, he should have known better. Such a thing could only be a trap. As if to confirm that thought the sidewalls began moving towards the center.

?[B]Shit![/B]? Alden swore as he got up and started to run for the door, only to stop and curse yet again as he grabbed Rebecca?s clothes and picked her up. A move that nearly killed them both as he slipped out the door seconds before the walls slammed together with a horrible sound. The room he was now in seemed to be a lounge for viewing outer space as the huge dome was filled with tables, chairs and couches carefully placed among planters designed to give sections privacy.

Alden gently set Rebecca down on one of the sofas and took a small throw blanket and covered her. With the amount of drug in her system she was likely to be out for a while. He set her clothes next to her and then stalked off to check out the new area. Furious that someone would be so sick and perverted to attempt to kill them in the manner that they had. As well as being furious for having fell for it, even though he knew that the drug at that level overrode and interfered with one?s ability to think clearly. He of all people should know since he had on many occasions slipped a bit of it into a date?s drink when they were reluctant to sleep with him.

?[B]God damn assholes! I swear you?ll regret this![/B]? He snarled once he had finished checking the area and grabbing a couple of bottles of water from what appeared to be a type of vending machine. He headed back for where Rebecca was as movement told him she was finally coming to. As she realized where she was and sat up, smiling at him as he approached her, he realized that she didn?t know what had happened or that she had been drugged. And if she didn?t realize it, why tell her? Alden smiled.

?[B]I hope you don?t mind, but I moved you here since I didn?t want you to catch a cold.[/B]? He approached her and handed her one of the bottles of water.

?[B]Thank you[/B],? Rebecca said as she took the bottle and set it down, opting to take a moment to get dressed again before picking it back up and taking a drink.

Then as she moved to get up Alden extended his hand helping her up once more. ?[B]It?s probably best that we get moving. I doubt that there are more rooms that are actually safe and you are still a beautiful temptation.[/B]?

Alden smiled inwardly as Rebecca blushed at the compliment. She may have thought she was good at wrapping men around her little finger, but Alden was far better at it than her. Besides once they got free of this place they would have plenty of time for more of what they had just shared. But without worrying about it resulting in their deaths. And if he could find those responsible, he would take great pleasure in shooting first their kneecaps off and then other more valuable parts before putting a bullet between their eyes. If there was one thing Alden hated, it was someone fooling him. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Eflair was not unhappy when the same blue light that had brought Davis to them took Deoky away. Even though he had saved her life he made her terribly uncomfortable. Unlike Jennifer, Davis and Lara, his thoughts were cold, calculating and his touch on her mind was on some level disturbing. She couldn?t be positive, but she had thought he was speaking to both Davis and Lara separately, and it had worried her since those who were not gifted were terribly venerable to someone who was. It was all too easy to force one?s will on one who was either untrained or had no ability at all. Other than the most basic of communication any further contact with a non telepath was strictly forbidden least one accidentally damage their mind.

?[B]Well if the blue light did the same to Deoky as it did to me, he should be fine.[/B]? Davis was saying. ?[B]We should get going since I don?t trust those doors to hold.[/B]?

?[B]You?re right[/B].? Eflair said turning her attention back to the two who were still with her.

They continued through the ancient passageways, relying on Davis who safely took them past the traps that he was familiar with. It took them a while but they finally left and emerged in what had to be part of the space station as the walls and floors was made entirely of metal and the windows clearly showed that they were in space.

?[B]I wish I understood the technology here.?[/B] Davis said. ?[B]As horrible as this place is, I just don?t see how it?s possible for us to go from one environment to the next like this. Either we are in one of the most elaborate holographic programs I have ever seen or they are somehow shifting us through time into different locations.[/B]?

?[B]Does it really matter?[/B]? Lara asked. ?[B]I mean all I care about is leaving this place.[/B]?

?[B]Of course it matters.[/B]? Davis replied. ?[B]If I could figure out what?s happening it just might give me a clue to where the exit is.[/B]?

Eflair walked out into the middle of the room heading towards the next area. ?[B]I don?t care how this place works, I just want to go home.[/B]?

But just then the floor opened up underneath them and all three with a startled scream dropped and landed hard into what appeared to be nothing more than a huge metal bowl. Before they could wonder what it was, it too dropped and then began to pick up speed as it slid along the slope heading down. The sound of metal screeching filled the air and the three of them hung on for dear life as the metal bowl hit something and dropped down into another passage continuing to slide downwards.

Eflair did her best to see what was going on and too her horror in front of them was a room filled with a huge hole that went straight into space.

?[B]Everyone! Lean to the right! Now!?[/B]

She moved over pushing both Lara and Davis who after a moment quit resisting. The bowl shifted to the side and then with a horrible sickening sensation it went over the edge sailing towards the other side and just barely catching the edge and continuing down the passage way. After a couple more jumps where they worked together to get the bowl to move, they came to a dead stop as they hit a metal fence across the passageway. The force of their momentum pitched all three of them through the air to land hard into a pool of water in yet another metal room.

Davis and Lara were caught unprepared but Eflair was not, with powerful strokes she quickly caught both of them and pulled them back to the surface and over to the edge of the pool, helping them out and onto the walkway before climbing out of the water herself.

?[B]Are you all right?[/B]? Eflair asked them.

?[B]Yes, thank you[/B]? Lara said as she and Davis got up. ?[B]When the floor collapsed I thought all of us were dead for sure![/B]?

Davis looked around, other than one door there was nowhere to go. The pool of water was just part of an enclosed room filled with water up to the ledge, it reminded him of some sort of factory.

He opened the door and stepped through the other two joining him. But instead of it being in a factory they were up on a ledge with stairs attached to the wall leading down. Far off in the distance he could see several people walking towards another set of doors. He couldn?t be certain, but they looked familiar.

?[B]Tell me if I?m seeing things![/B]? Lara exclaimed. ?[B]But doesn?t that look like Liam and Vanya and Deoky? And who?s that other guy?[/B]? She tried yelling to get their attention, all of them did, but the group couldn?t seem to hear them.

?[B]I don?t understand,[/B]? Eflair said. ?[B]Deoky should be able to hear my thoughts but I can?t reach him.[/B]?

A moment later the floor the group was walking on started to collapse revealing pools of a green substance that when a chair fell into it only to vanish meant just one thing. It was acid.

?[B]My god![/B]? Davis said as they started to run down the stairs. ?[B]We?ve got to help them![/B]? Even though he wasn?t sure if he could. They were halfway down the stairs when a horrible high-pitched scream reached them. Horrified they watched the floor under Liam collapse taking him with it as he fell into the green pool.

At the bottom of the stairs a walkway ran along the wall and they hurried as fast as they could still yelling to get the attention of Deoky, Vanya and the other guy with them, but even though they had heard Liam die the group couldn?t hear their shouts. Then just as suddenly Davis came to a halt as if he had slammed into an invisible wall and the others slammed into him as well before falling to the walkway.

?[B]No![/B]? Davis howled as he got up and pounded on the invisible wall. Tears streaming down his face. "[B]Let me through damn it![/B]"

Once again they heard the soft female computer voice as if out of no where. ?[B]Interfering with another subjects challenge is strictly prohibited.[/B]?

?[B]What the hell? What are you talking about?[/B]? Lara cried as she too pounded on the invisible wall between them and the other group who even though they were now quite close to each other could not seem to hear or see them.

Helplessly they watched as the rest of the group, Vanya, Deoky and the unknown man, made it to the door and then left the area where the acid pools beneath the floor was. Then without warning a door materialized in the wall next to them on the walkway.

?[B]Subjects Davis, Lara and Eflair, continue your challenge. Failure to enter the door will result in termination.[/B]?

Dully Davis opened the door and stepped through, as did Lara and Eflair. ?[B]I was right,[/B]? Davis said with a sob. ?[B]This is hell.[/B]?
[CENTER]-----------------------------------------------------[/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7640/04mv1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

Vanya, Clavis, and Deoky continued their journey through the labyrigth of corridors. Deoky seemed to be a natural leader. This conflicted with Clavis and Vanya because they, too, were used to leading. However, since Deoky seemed to naturally be able to predict the safe pathways (much like Rebecca's luck) and communicate with them telepathically, Vanya reluctantly gave him power... For now

Clavis, however, was far less trusting. He sensed something about Deoky that made him nervous. As guardian of darkness, he was used to the dark waves that were emitted from the truly evil. His job as guardian gave him incite into dark powers and Clavis was almost sure that Deoky was using dark magic as each second passed. Perhaps Deoky was the one responsible for their appearance in the maze to begin with.

And was what Deoky said really the truth? Were the rest of Vanya's former travelers dead? Had Davis truly moved on to the realm of ghosts? If so, Clavis had his ideas that Deoky was the one who caused the entire thing.

[I]'He's responsible for this. I don't know how he's done it, but I'll exact my revenge for Davis and their friends if it's the last thing I do. Even though I'm no longer on my world, it's still my duty to protect all from the darkness."[/I] He thought.

Clavis was so well tuned with darkness, he knew how to block out his mind from telepaths, but that didn't block out communication. Deoky could obviously not read Clavis's mind, thus putting the two on bad terms to begin with. Vanya was just naive. She didn't have a clue what either of them were thinking, but Clavis could only guess what thoughts Deoky was putting into her head. It would not turn out good for any member of their troupe.

Just as that thought occurred, a blinding blue light appeared and took Clavis away. He didn't know what to think or even where he was going. (after all, he had been in the maze the shortest time of all)

[CENTER][IMG]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/2127/17yb9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/369/transportcardxe4.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

When he opened his eyes, a small group was standing in front of him and Davis was one of them.

[B]"Clavis, I'm glad you're okay. I was worried about you when I saw Liam die."[/B] Davis jumped up to shake his hand

[B]"As am I, Davis. But how did you know that our blue compaion was deceased?"[/B]

[B]"Let's just call it a sick form of tortue."[/B] a small girl jumped up. She looked very frail, but Clavis had a good feeling about her spirit.

[B]"And who might you be, young water nymph?"[/B]

[B]"I'm not a nymph, but my name is Eflair. It's nice meeting you."[/B]

[B]"Eflair?"[/B] Clavis asked. Hadn't Deoky said that Davis and Eflair and the others had all died when he teleported in? He continued, [B]"And tell me, is there a Lara Servas or Jennifer?"[/B]

[B]"Jennifer's dead,"[/B] said a girl in the corner. She had a wonderful soul as well, [B]"But I'm Lara. Nice to meet you."[/B] she said grasping his hand. [B]"I don't supposed you know any of the others here, right? You must have just woken up?"[/B]

[B]"I am familiar with Liam, Vanya, Davis, and just recently a dark man named Deoky."[/B] He said and saw the sudden fear that appeared on Eflair's face.

[B]"What do you mean, Dark?"[/B] Davis asked.

[B]"I believe that this Deoky character means none of us good. He only wishes to manipulate us to his will and eventually escape this realm at the expense of our lives. He does this using dark magic and I can only stress how terrible it is for Vanya to be in his presence alone."[/B] He paused to look at the shock on each of their faces, Especially Davis. [B]"That man cannot be trusted."[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Alden and Rebecca continued their trek through the Maze, both of them giving each other occasional glances. It was unavoidable since both of them were still thinking about what had happened. Though Rebecca still was unaware that they had been drugged and that Alden had saved her from being crushed. All she knew was that once they were free from this horrible place she intended to stick with Alden for a while. It wasn't often that she found someone who was as good at pleasing others as she was.

She was use to men who though they wanted her and were willing to shower lavish gifts on her, they were far from experienced at showing her a good time. Just thinking about what Alden had done to her was still giving her delightful shivers. Rebecca smiled at him when he glanced her way, she was most definitely going to stick with him for a while. But then a column of blue light enveloped her and other than to see Alden's startled look she didn't have time to react as she found herself in a new location all together. Two people staring at her with surprise.

"[B]Vanya?[/B]" She said hesitantly and then with a shriek of joy she launched herself at Vanya and hugged her. "[B]I'm so glad to see that you are all right! I was worried that the collapsing walls had gotten you![/B]"

Vanya pulled free of her, "[B]How can this be? I saw you die![/B]"

"[B][I]It must be the horrible creators of this place![/I][/B]" An unknown voice spoke in Rebecca's mind. Startled she turned to face the man who was with Vanya, he was so beautiful that at first she had thought he was a woman. And how had he spoken to her in her mind?

"[B]I don't understand.[/B]" Rebecca finally said.

"[B][I]It's simple child, when I first came here I was with others too. When I was taken by the blue light as you were, I saw those I was with dying before my eyes. And since I have seen from Vanya's mind how you died and from Lara's mind how Alden died it is clear that dark sorcery is at work here![/I][/B]"

"[B]Alden's dead?[/B]" Rebecca said tears coming to her eyes.

"[B][I]I do not know, what I saw in Lara's mind where he died was before Alden was with you. But one thing is clear.[/I][/B]" Deoky said his mind racing as he took the appearance of the lovely Rebecca into account. "[B][I]Someone is toying with us and I think that Clavis is responsible.[/I][/B]" He smiled inwardly at Vanya gasp of surprise.

"[B]But didn't Clavis try to save Liam?[/B]" Vanya said.

"[B][I]I was waiting for the right moment to tell you, but when the section of the floor Liam was standing on fell and he reached for Clavis's hand, he pushed him away, letting that poor boy fall to his death.[/I][/B]" Deoky carefully used his power on their minds, inserting the image of Clavis shoving Liam into Vanya's memories, making her believe that what he said was true. A moment later he had her as she believed what he had just told her. That the fake memory he had planted was real.

"[B]My God![/B]" Vanya exclaimed. "[B]It happened so fast that I didn't realize what I had seen. How could he?![/B]"

Confused Rebecca looked at the new person wondering just who he was when his voice soothed her mind speaking only to her. "[B][I]Forgive me for not introducing myself sooner, I am Deoky, and I promise to do my best to protect both you and Vanya from that horrible Clavis.[/I][/B]"

Vanya was angry. "[B]I should have known that Clavis was lying. I'll make sure he regrets killing Liam and the others.[/B]"

"[B][I]Don't worry,[/I][/B]" Deoky said. "[B][I]I'll help you, we'll make sure he doesn't get away with what he has done. There's no telling how many innocent people he has brought here, killing them to satisfy his own dark desires.[/I][/B]" Once again he exerted a bit of his power, this time bending Rebecca to his will inserting the feeling that he was trustworthy and truly cared about them, smiling to himself when he felt it take place and her expression changed to one of trust.

This was perfect! Far better than those he had been with before. Having Clavis taken away only to be replaced by someone far more suitable was ideal. First he had made sure that the freak Liam had been taken care of. Never mind that it had been he who shoved him away and not Clavis who had tried to save him. But even more irritating had been the fact that Clavis was immune to his influence. Deoky had been unable to affect his mind or to even read his surface thoughts either. Clavis had been a real threat as he was better trained than Jennifer and Eflair.

But now, Deoky smiled at the two women who were with him. Vanya would make a good shield should the need arise and if it didn't he would make sure she did not leave this place alive. Even if she could be molded to his will she was obviously a warrior of some type as her hands and body were calloused and use to hard work, making her totally unsuitable for his needs, but Rebecca. She was far more suitable with soft skin, generous curves and graceful movements, as well as being quite beautiful. Provided he didn't need someone else to sacrifice to the maze, he just might take her with him when he left. He could always use a new addition to his personal harem.
[CENTER][IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/369/transportcardxe4.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8725/14pw8.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][I]Hahaha![/I] So very easy! Deoky felt as relaxed as if he were lounging in his chair after a day of conquest. Only a place like this where he had such people to manipulate and such complex design to explore could he feel at home. In the Belagosi cosmos, he was a terrifying emperor with power unparalleled. His days involved only two things - conquest and relaxation. While a day with his harem of the most beautiful young women in all Belagosi was surely more relaxing than a dangerous maze, Deoky was happy to be able to participate in a toy of a maze. It was an amusing venture, and one that he had enjoyed thus far. H was toying with these people, and he loved it. It didn?t even occur to him that this place would have even the slightest power over him.

He and the two young women continually walked along a maze of corridors. Occasionally they might spring a trap, but Deoky was always ready.

[b]?Look out!?[/b] He?d cry and then quickly grab an arrow just before it impaled Rebecca?s chest on catch Vanya just before she tripped down into a bed of spikes. Deoky was unimpressed by the simplicity of the traps, but glad that they helped fortify the young ladies? ever-growing trust in him. Every time Rebecca flatteringly smirked at him and winked he knew even more that he would have her. He could delve into her mind -- he knew what she was capable of. He looked forward to taking hold of her, parting the ground itself as they woke up the dead.

At the same time, Rebecca had some sort of unexplainable urge to get close to him. She could [I]sense[/I] that he was one to follow - though Deoky was part of the reason for that with his mentally stimulating her. Her mind was gradually filling with thoughts of him. Neither her nor Vanya noticed, but she was loosing track entirely, even of where she was. Traps would go off and Deoky would rescue her, though the latter was all that occupied her mind. She was becoming nothing more than Deoky?s plaything. Were he not holding her at bay, she?d have jumped on him and gone wild even with Vanya present.

Meanwhile, Vanya?s thoughts were less preoccupied. She still felt like she was concentrated and every trap had the same effect. There were just certain tidbits she wasn?t noticing, such as Rebecca?s mindlessness or Deoky?s inane ability to block every last trap. She didn?t even know that a sizeable portion of the traps were of his own illusionary design. And yet, her mind was always focused on what lie ahead, still believing that she was in great danger. Deoky intended to keep her that way.

The group found themselves at another large metal door. Vanya quickly strode over to open it as Deoky stood behind. Rebecca, eye?s devoid of emotion, was clinging to his arm tightly and smiling endlessly. Even just his arm placed against her was enough to make her feel attended to. The three stepped into a large, box-shaped room. The walls, floor, and ceiling were all an outlandish red, and other than that the room was completely empty.

[B]?Well? that?s odd,?[/B] Vanya declared blatantly.

[I][B]?Wait for it,? [/B][/I] Deoky responded, immediately predicting that some sort of trap was afoot. Just then there was a glitch in space. For a very brief moment the room froze and unfroze; something no one could have possibly noticed. Except Deoky, of course. His internal clock didn?t match up. He could tell that his thought had been ceased for a moment. But why?

[B]?Ah??[/B] Rebecca?s head, which at this point may as well have been empty, turned toward her arm. There was a small cut above her elbow from which a miniscule drip of blood was trickling. Deoky?s eyes shot open with surprise. In the second where time had frozen, something attacked!

[B]?We need to find a way out, quickly!? [/B] He bellowed, commandingly. Immediately he and Vanya began inspecting the room, Vanya banging on the walls and stomping around while Deoky carefully examined the ceiling and walls, hoping to sense some sort of hole behind one of them or an opening anywhere. He couldn?t find one. Even if one of these walls led to another room he could have punched clear through, but instead the room was completely isolated. It was as if the room were all alone out in space.

There was another glitch. Deoky quickly turned to his companions but found them to be perfectly fine. He felt something trickling down his face. Quickly, he raised his hand to his cheek. [I]Blood?![/I] There was a fine cut along his face. Deoky growled. Ordinarily he could have called and instantly had someone on-hand with healing magic to make this better, but currently there were no such mages about. He began to become flustered. He turned to the first wall in sight and was ready to punch it to smithereens, but as his arm was traveling another glitch occurred, throwing him off-balance. His shirt was torn and a small amount of blood was pooled in the fabric.

Deoky was highly annoyed. This place was nigh inescapable and they wouldn?t be able to stay for long, lest they be chopped to pieces by the glitch. As this though occurred, another glitch passed.

[B]?Gah!?[/B] Vanya reached down to a small cut on her leg. Deoky then realized the key to this puzzle. The cuts were so small each time - the maze was trying to tear them apart slowly it seemed, all the while as they toiled away searching for an exit and going mad. Hah! How many fools had fallen into this trap, but not him! He even laughed as he thought of all the people who?d been foolish enough to let this place tear them to pieces. He knew the answer would be somehow obvious.

Deoky sat down and took a meditative position. Vanya would have surely asked what he was doing had he not washed her over with thoughts of assurance. He concentrated deeply. Even in his brashness, Deoky was a ruler over his powers and fully capable of adhering to any such trial. He waited carefully.

There! The glitch occurred but this time Deoky was prepared. In the split second time had become unbelievable slow, and so Deoky became slow with it. The entire world had become gray, and Vanya and Rebecca with it. But Deoky merely stood up. He must have been moving at an unparalleled speed as he stood up. That?s when he saw it. On the ceiling a small turret came down and took aim at Vanya. It fired a small bullet, which this time Deoky caught in midair. The split-second ended with Deoky now suddenly right in front of Vanya with his arm outstretched containing something in his closed fist.

[b][I]?A turret. It shoots us at a speed so fast it?s near incomprehensible. When it next happens I will pull it from the wall.?[/I][/b] Deoky waited a minute and when the next glitch occurred, he jumped and grabbed the barrel of the turret. With one yank he pulled the entire gun from the ceiling and crushed it against the floor, the pieces scattering. As the glitch ended, a door appeared.

[I][B]?Let?s move,?[/B][/I] Deoky commanded, lifting Rebecca to her feet and onto his arm once more. The three stepped through the door into a new complex of hallways.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Alden barely had time to even be surprised when a blue column of light appeared and took Rebecca away. And even though his scanner could not identify it perfectly, it was clear that some form of transportation beam had taken her. He looked for her, but it was obvious she was gone.[I] Damn it! Did those who tried to kill us take her? Hell![/I] With a snarl of rage and irritation he left the area they had been in and went through the next set of doors. He wanted to find her, but he doubted that he would. It was maddening since his scanner had gathered a bunch of the drug that had been used on him and her and he had put just the tiniest amount in her water intending to keep her a bit dazed and easy to control.

But as he continued through area after area, encountering nothing but traps that he easily avoided, it was apparent that he really wasn't going to find her again. Alden was about to toss her drugged water bottle aside when another column of blue light appeared in front of him. But the person who appeared was not Rebecca. There was no mistaking the blond hair and blue eyes of Lara Servas, eyes that widened in fear and panic as she backed away from him. [I]What the? What is she afraid of?[/I]

"[B]This can't be![/B]" Lara was saying. "[B]I saw you die![/B]" She burst into tears as she turned to run away, convinced that it was some horrible trap. Lara shrieked in fear when Alden caught her arm stopping her.

"[B]What are you talking about? I'm not dead nor am I a trap![/B]"

Lara struggled furiously, terrified that what was before her was some trick, but Alden forced her to face him continuing to tell her that he was not dead.

Lara stopped struggling, "[B]But I don't understand,[/B]" she said tearfully. "[B]I saw your body ripped to pieces by...[/B]" She choked and started sobbing uncontrollably.

"[B]I don't know what you saw, but I was nearly killed by a drugged trap earlier, if you saw my body being torn to pieces then it's likely that you too were drugged and fooled.[/B]" Alden reasoned.

Lara looked up at Alden desperate to believe him, "[B]You really think so?[/B]"

"[B]I'm positive,[/B]" Alden assured her as he steered her towards a couple of chairs in the section they were in, one that was similar to the one where he had been when Rebecca had vanished. He got her to sit down and handed her the water bottle that had been for Rebecca. She took it hesitantly and then drank some of the water. Then as the drug started working she calmed down a bit.

Then to Alden's surprise she threw herself into his arms hugging him tightly. "[B]I'm so glad you're not dead![/B]" Then as if embarrassed she let go and pulled back. "[B]Did you want your gun back? I don't know if there's any ammo left or not since I've used it several times, without it I would have been killed several times already.[/B]"

"[B]Keep it then, I have others,[/B]" Alden said with a smile. "[B]We'd best get going since this place has a nasty habit of springing traps if you linger too long in one spot.[/B]"

Lara nodded. She hoped that those she had been with would be okay. Especially after learning about what Deoky was from Clavis. [I]I'd better warn him about Deoky! [/I]She thought. Something that as they continued through the maze she did. Telling him all that had happened to her since they had been separated as well.
[CENTER][IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/369/transportcardxe4.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1192/03ri6.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Eflair knew that Clavis spoke the truth. Even though he was not a true telepath like her, just one touch on his mind, even if she could not read his thoughts was enough to assure her that his soul, unlike Deoky's was pure. And though it saddened her that both Jennifer and Ambellina had died, she had not really liked them. They both were kind in their own way and yet both of them had a selfish streak in them that she had found distressing as well as their strong willed personalities that had no problems with overriding others to fulfill their needs first. But Clavis was different. And when he explained, when asked, that he was a guardian where he came from it made sense. His power was designed to protect and help others from people like Deoky.

Eflair sighed to herself, despairing that they would ever get free. Even more so since shortly after Clavis had arrived Lara had also been taken by the blue light. She hoped that it had not sent her to Deoky. One such as he would have no qualms about crushing her mind to suit his own needs. It was what she had been worried about when Deoky had been with them. And she could only imagine that the reason he helped her before was because her ability to heal was useful.

"[B]Hey![/B]" Davis said suddenly, "[B]Cheer up a bit Eflair! You don't know that Lara was sent to Deoky and the others. She could have easily been sent back home.[/B]"

"[B][I]You don't believe that and you know it.[/I][/B]" Eflair stated.

"[B]Even if he does not,[/B]" Clavis chimed in as they continued through a set of joining rooms. "[B]Dwelling on such negative and unhappy thoughts are not healthy. Also, even if she has, just as you can heal wounds of the body, I can heal wounds of the spirit. Especially those created by darkness.[/B]"

"[B]Wounds of the spirit?[/B]" Davis asked, clearly intrigued.

"[B]Just as wounds of the body hurt and damage, leaving scars, so does messing with the mind and soul of said body. If left untreated, like the acid that claimed the life of Liam, it eventually eats away at what is left until there is nothing left. Usually those such as Deoky will strip a person's mind until only what they want is left.[/B]" Clavis ignored his two companion's gasps of horror.

"[B]That's...That's just sick! How could anyone do something like that to another person!?[/B]" Davis cried.

"[B]I wish I knew Davis. Still as a guardian, I posses the ability to restore what was destroyed since each part of a person's body and spirit holds the memory of who and what they are. So long as they live I can heal them.[/B]"

"[B][I]Such terrible damage is part of why most telepath do not reveal who and what they are,[/I][/B]" Eflair chimed in. "[B][I]It's too easy to accidentally damage those who are untrained or posses no gift at all.

My people have been working on learning how to do what you can Clavis, though very few of my people can heal wounds of the spirit and even then we lack the ability to restore one so completely.[/I][/B]"

Clavis shook his head, "[B]Not many of mine can either. Only guardians can and sadly, there are very few of us since many have died protecting others from harm.[/B]"

"[B]So how does one become a guardian?[/B]" Davis asked as they went through yet another set of doors.

"[B]I'm afraid that will have to wait.[/B]" Clavis said grimly as he saw what was in the next room and the doors behind them vanished.

What appeared before them was a room with stairs leading all over the place, even up the walls, twisting and turning in a manner so confusing that they could not tell which one to take to get to yet another set of doors that were in the ceiling no less. And right on cue from a grate in the middle of the floor, water began to enter the room, making it clear that if they failed to find the correct path in time, they would all drown. [/COLOR]

In the same room where the monitor that was following the progress of the subjects in the Maze was, a lower part of the screen came to life as it began to set up the parameters of the next challenge, getting things ready for what was coming. Even as it also kept track of those who's status had changed from active to deceased. Rearranging the names so that each was in the proper group. Then the section that was preparing the next challenge was ready, the words in green clearly stating, [B]Preparations complete, awaiting confirmation of removal of unnecessary elements in order to implement changes.[/B] A number of the remaining subjects who were still listed as active were moved to a new section with the status [B]Termination in progress[/B] to the side of their names.

[CENTER]---------------------------------------------------[/CENTER]
Lara was feeling a bit strange. She didn't know how to explain it. Since she had witnessed what she thought was Alden being torn to pieces she had been so terrified that it had been hard to think. But now, once she had gotten use to being around Alden again she was feeling strangely calm. As well as strangely attracted to him. It really puzzled her since though she did think it was cute, now was definitely not the time to be distracted. She tried to feel alarmed about it, but she couldn't help but feel a bit dazed and as a result she started relying on Alden as he seemed to know where to go and how to avoid the traps.

She had long since finished the water he had given her and gratefully accepted more when he had taken advantage of what appeared to be a water fountain to refill both his and her bottle while she sat down for a bit. Though the open domes with what had to be a type of some mall with open areas and closed shops was rather fascinating . It was also creepy to be the only two people there. And good lord! Just how big was the damn place anyway? It seemed like they had been walking for hours and yet each new section was yet another shopping center in a dome that was part of a space station. Lara could even see other parts of the place through the clear view of the dome. Lara hadn't even realized that she had sighed until Alden spoke up.

"[B]Don't let it get to you.[/B]" He told her. "[B]As hard as it may seem you've got to stay alert.[/B]" Though Alden just smiled at the thought since he knew perfectly well that since she had consumed all of the water, and that he had included more of the drug in the refill, it wasn't possible for her to be more alert.

"[B]I'm sorry[/B]." Lara said. "[B]I'm just worried that we won't find a way out. And I've been here long enough that I'm starting to get really tired. And I'm scared since I'm worried that if I find a spot to rest, this place will kill me in my sleep.[/B]"

"[B]I'm a little tired too.[/B]" Alden lied. "[B]Perhaps it would be best if we find a spot to rest and take turns keeping watch. That way if something happens the other person can wake them up in time.[/B]" Though Alden wasn't worried about himself. His scanner would alert him of danger. Just as it had when he had been too drugged to realize the danger he and Rebecca had been in.

"[B]I hadn't thought of that.[/B]" Lara said ruefully. "[B]We'd better stop then because I'm starting to feel really dazed too. I think that blue light did something to me since it's been far worse since I was brought here.[/B]"

"[B]Then I'll look for a spot with no traps, even an hour or two is better than no sleep.[/B]" Inwardly Alden smiled. He would not be caught off guard a second time. And if an opportunity presented itself, he would be foolish to not take it. Even if she wasn't as pretty as Rebecca was.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Things were not going as Deoky had planned. They had at first as he cleverly kept Vanya unaware as well as turning Rebecca into a mindless puppet but then the traps became even more and more difficult, like the one with the gun turret. That had actually required him to use quite a bit of power to escape from. And to protect both women at the same time was starting to be draining. Especially after they encountered two more of the traps with the gun turrets. As much as he was enjoying toying with them, regretfully it was time to stop as his own life was far more important. It wasn't like he couldn't make his own version of the Maze when he got back to his own domain. Oh the fun he would have when he did so.

Deoky smiled at Rebecca who in spite of his control was hanging onto him tightly pressing into him and sneaking in caresses in an attempt to get his attention. Cleverly running her hands underneath his clothing and then pulling back when ever he looked at her smiling coyly. Clearly she had but one thought on her mind and a tiny part of him regretted that he would not be taking her with him. Her exotic beauty would have made a fine addition to his harem.

Regretfully he turned away, looking for the right spot to let them die. He wasn't going to take Vanya anyway, so losing her was nothing and if he found the right trap he could still tap into the power of her death to replenish himself. It was his other pastime, torturing the innocent and basking in their terror and pain. Such things only served to enhance his power and it had been far too long since he had enjoyed that pleasure. Ideally, finding another turret trap would be perfect, letting the Maze slowly rip them to shreds, prolonging their agony. It would be [I]delicious[/I]. And to his delight he could sense more of them. He was going to really enjoy this!

Then as Rebecca once again slid her hands under his clothing provocatively, this time going down instead of up he was caught in an intense wave of desire as her clever fingers did things that made him moan. In that instant he decided to take her. If he couldn't bring her with him, he would at least be sure to have her before he let her die. It took stern control for him to force her to pull her hands back as he looked for a spot clear of the traps. But when he found one, it was child's play to make Vanya think she was tired and that he would be watching her while she slept. Then while Vanya was out he took his time, bringing Rebecca and himself to the brink again and again, taking in the power of her emotions and desire as sex was just as potent for raising power as death was.

When he finally came he nearly changed his mind about keeping her. Never before had he experienced such powerful lovemaking. And he trembled a bit at the thought of having her to take when ever he pleased. But as he pulled free of her and got dressed, he knew that he would not. Deoky could sense that there were many more turrets ahead and he would need all his power for himself. He smiled charmingly at her as she got dressed as well and then gently prodded Vanya awake, smiling as Rebecca once again attached herself to his arm, her thoughts already on enticing him to make love to her yet again.

They continued on their journey and instead of avoiding the next turret Deoky deliberately entered the chamber, smiling when the door slammed shut and the first 'glitch' cut Vanya's face. Then, smiling cruelly he went into a full meditative state, separating himself from real time, situating himself so that he could still see and experience what they felt as he was still in their minds. And yet keep himself free of the trap in the process, such a move took far less power than riding each 'glitch' in an attempt to destroy the turret and stop the bullets. At first they didn't even realize that they couldn't see him anymore, blindly trusting in him to save them. But as the pain from their cuts grew, his hold on them in that respect diminished and they realized that he was no longer there. They began to frantically search for him, desperately calling his name.

Deoky basked in their terror and pain as each tear occurred, he reveled in how they still thought he would save them, even after the turret had mercilessly left them covered in cuts, blood flowing down their bodies. And when the sheer agony that followed as the turret then took out their kneecaps and other more vital spots resulting in them screaming in pain as they collapsed to the floor and slowly bleed to death, then and only then, did Deoky finally destroy the turret. Appearing before them as they took their final breaths. Gloating cruelly he smiled down at them. Waiting until he felt them die in his mind before moving on.

Never had he enjoyed such pleasure as he had since he came to this maze. Fully charged from having taken Rebecca as well as from their deaths he continued though the maze alone. Now if he was lucky, he would find the rest of the people here. Nothing would please him more than to slowly destroy Clavis and then strip Davis's mind, taking all of his knowledge from him before killing him. He would take Lara before killing her as well. He would even enjoy forcing Eflair to heal his wounds before he ripped her to shreds. Humming contentedly Deoky continued through the Maze, his senses alert for any sign of the exit as well as for the others who were still here.

[CENTER]-------------------------------------------[/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/994/dualdeathcarddq3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7427/12zi2.jpg[/IMG] [img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8725/14pw8.jpg[/img][/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Deoky had been traveling alone for quite some time now, basking in his newfound strength from Rebecca and Vanya's cruel death. He was fully regenerated, and even the small cut on his cheek was gone, The corridors he had chosen hadn't set off any traps. (Not that it was a surprise to Deoky)

Deoky had been so excited that such an evil place could actually exist, that he had gotten careless. It first happened with the teleporting beam: He hadn't expected for Clavis to get taken away and now his number one enemy was out there possibly rallying against him. Also, Deoky couldn't have known, but Davis and his group were watching from above as he pushed poor Liam into the acid pit below the tiles. Yes, all of these things were conspiring against Deoky, but he didn't really care. He wanted to get back to his homeworld, so he can develope a maze of his own. He would take such pride in torturing anyone who crossed him and then growing stronger as he watched them die. Everything was going his way, or so he thought. What Deoky failed to notice was that the maze had even him, a powerful dark lord, under its control.

When he walked through the next door, he expected to see another room with the turret. He knew that he would have to enter the room so he could get one step closer to the exit, but he was wrong about the trap. Perhaps the first time Deoky had ever been wrong in his entire life.

What he saw was a group of three, all of whom he had met before. They were drenched from head to toe and they were breathing heavily as though they had just been holding their breaths underwater. Davis was hunched over, looking at the ground, and Clavis sitting on the floor, clutching his knees. The last figure, one that Deoky could only assume was Eflair, was standing calmly with her back turned. She was, after all, a water-breather.

[B]"What happened to you?"[/B] he asked. He could tell that something was wrong.

What he intended to be a soothing tone actually seemed to spread fear all across the dome shaped room. While it wasn't completely unnerving for the Dark Warlord, it wasn't what he wanted it to do.

Eflair suddenly turned and hissed loudly at Deoky. Davis and Clavis joined her and all three stood huddled with a fierce glare in their eyes. What had started out as fear, immediately turned into hatred. Deoky was slightly thrown off by this sudden mis-use of his power, but it could not be helped; Deoky quickly surmised that Clavis must have discovered his lie when he was transported to the others, and they must have learned not to trust him. His power of persuasion wouldn't work any longer. All three of them had to die now.

Without warning, Deoky charged at the trio. Clavis jumped surprisingly high for what appeared to be a human. Adrenaline must have been pumping through all three of them... If he could keep them on edge, Deoky surmised that he could win easily, especially with his new power.

Deoky was so shocked by this display of power, he hadn't seen where Eflair and Davis had run off to. Now that Clavis was in the air, he could see the entire dome and everyone inside. Deoky, realizing a possible ambush, had retreated behind a small wall.

[I]"If only I could stay up here and follow his movements"[/I] Clavis used as much energy as he could, but nonetheless began to drop.

Just then, a metal sheet extended from the wall and Clavis landed on it. He was sure it was some form of trap and readied himself to jump, but when nothing happened, Clavis stayed and surveyed the area.

Deoky was now using his powers to sense where Eflair and Davis were. They seemed to be over a small hill of metal. Deoky couldn't put his finger on what sort of trap this room contained, but the environment certainly seemed to be altering.

Eflair and Davis had decided to go seperate ways. They were going to circle around and attack Deoky on both sides. If they could plan it just right, they could kill that evil bastard.

As Davis began crawling away, out of the protection of the hill, Eflair watched, peaking over occasionally to see that Deoky was still behind his wall. Suddenly, A metal spike shot out from Deoky's wall. It was headed strait for Davis. Eflair wanted to scream out, but she was still not used to speaking above water. She used her mind instead.

[I]"Davis, Look out!"[/I] In the final instant before Davis was impailed, the dome turned. It changed into a spherical shape without warning and began spinning, throwing Deoky, Eflair, and Davis into a fury of changing walls and spikes.

Deoky had figured it out. Eflair seemed to be catching on, and Davis was just as unsure about it as Clavis was, although he was high in the air, protected by his metal sheet platform. This room was defined by thought. Anything that Deoky or the other three thought, would come true in some form or another. As the sphere that they were trapped in continued to spin faster and faster, Deoky merely sped his pace and before the other two knew what was going on, he was running alongide the spinning walls, ready for an offensive attack again.

Efliar was ready too. She began running with the spinning motion, but wasn't prepared for what Deoky had prepared. A huge wall appeared out of nowhere and Eflair smashed into it full force. Several of her teeth were knocked out, and Eflair could have sworn that she broke a couple of bones.

[B]"Eflair, behind you!"[/B] Clavis screamed, but Eflair was too dazed to hear him.
A spike the size of her head emerged from the ground behind her and pierced her skull and pinned her to the wall. As the ground continued to turn, Eflair's corpse became like a ragdoll as it flooped around from gravity.

Deoky wanted to stay and finish of the other two, but he had exerted too much. Also, he hadn't expected Clavis to be so powerful and Deoky was still shocked by the realization that perhaps he didn't have control of this outcome. He could only assume that his mind games were no longer effective.

Deoky merely wished for a way to get out of the room, and a door appeared. He exited the sphere, leaving Clavis and Davis in the spinning mind trap.

[CENTER][IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3160/08th6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7128/deathcardzp0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Only 5 competitors remained living in the maze, though as far as Davis knew, it was only he, Clavis, and the evil Deoky. His mind was rattled. Over the course of this maze he?d watched in incomprehensible amount of people die, and he couldn?t help but think that he was next. The only thing that had kept him alive so far was the powers of his teammates, and he only had one remaining. Clavis, though, didn?t seem quite as powerful as the warlord Deoky who?s presence encompassed his surroundings. He had hoped that superior numbers would prevail, but the attempt to ambush the madman had only caused Eflair?s death. Davis was losing all hope and a depression was sinking in.

[B]?You mustn?t lose hope! That is a man?s most powerful asset!? [/B] Clavis kept assuring him, but it wasn?t helping much. Davis was a scholar - he was open-minded, but willing to accept reality when it stood right in front of his eyes. There was no way he could get out of here alive. That?s all he could think as he and Clavis continued.

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

Deoky was slightly peeved by the Maze?s power over him, but he had a layer of confidence blanketing it. How easily he had brought the young druidess to her death! And where was Clavis? help when her brains were plastered grotesquely on the metallic surface of the mind-malleable room? And even now, Deoky was long ahead of the other competitors, having taken the proceeding corridors by storm, rushing through the puzzles with meticulous skill. Between his mental abilities and his magical strength, he was invincible to his fellow competitors. Which meant his only enemy was the maze itself. An enemy he knew that, upon conquering it, would give him a greater satisfaction than any planet he had conquered.

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

Alden kept a steady eye on the girl lying next to him. She was sleeping soundly, her body?s movements enticing to watch. He wondered how he should make his move. He couldn?t stand waiting like this. [I]When she wakes up, she?ll still be under the influence?[/I] he thought. [I]What she wakes up to will mean nothing to her[/I]. Alden carefully began removing Lara?s clothes, leaving her naked and still asleep. She was seriously out cold. Alden removed his clothes as well. It was true, Lara wasn?t vibrant like Rebecca, but she had large breasts and a fine figure indeed. Rebecca may have been amazing, but Alden was enjoying the thought of what he could do without permission.

He crawled on top of the young blonde and licked her carefully up her body. He pressed his lips against hers and forced his tongue inside. He caressed her breasts and took in every ounce of her form. Beneath a sky of stars in the middle of a deadly maze, Alden raped Lara Servas.

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

Clavis was worried for his companion who was quickly unraveling his mental rope. Deoky probably wouldn?t be much of a problem anymore unless they caught up to him, or if he came back to torment them. Clavis doubted this, though, as Deoky seemed to have been rather distraught when he took off. Clavis was now merely concerned with the safety of his companion and himself as they made their way to the exit and returned to their freedom. He could sense, though, that something was afoot and ready to throw them off entirely.[/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9024/roundone03ee6.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

In the room overseeing the maze the remaining adjustments were being made since the unnecessary elements had been dealt with. Then the words, further adjustment needed flashed on the screen, in bold green letters. Then two of the characters names were moved to a new spot:

[B]Andrew Whitaker:[/B] Time Shift In Progress?
[B]Eflair Shishinn J?nea:[/B] Time Shift In Progress?

Then as that was being attended to the remaining parameters were put in place and once the time shift was complete those who remained would be put through the final challenge.

On the screen each group was being watched, each group displayed separately. Deoky who was using his power to elude the traps as he hunted for the exit, Clavis and Davis who were traversing together and the third screen of Alden and Lara, showing Alden first putting Lara?s clothes back on and then his own before lying back down next to her and falling asleep as well. Setting his scanner to wake them should something occur.

Then with the time shift completed an enormous room with no exit lit up, loaded with traps as well as safe spots and twists and turns. And in that room equally spaced apart were seven spots, platforms just above the maze below. Each in clear view of each other and yet far enough apart that one could not reach the other one. One by one the remaining subjects were transported to the room and then held in place by the blue transport beam, unable to move. Then once they were all there the female computer voice spoke.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/369/transportcardxe4.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3991/06dl5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/530/07uv4.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/2127/17yb9.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2673/09fc1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7266/16gd3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3160/08th6.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1192/03ri6.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

?[B]Congratulations subjects Andrew Whitaker, Alden Courtney, Clavis, Davis Henderson, Deoky Shilos, Eflair Shishinn J?nea and Lara Servas. You have all made it to the final challenge. A challenge where only one may leave. To prove yourself worthy, you must eliminate the other subjects to continue.[/B]?

The blue beam released all seven at the same time and all of them other than Deoky, who was smiling cruelly, just stared at each other in disbelief, only one?

?[B]God damn you![/B]? Davis shouted immediately, ?[B]What kind of sick game is this?[/B]? He looked at the others there. ?[B]I can?t kill them![/B]? He fell to his knees in despair.

?[B]Forget about that Davis![/B]? Clavis cried out. ?[B]We have to take care of Deoky first, we can work on getting out of here together after that![/B]? Quickly he jumped down and then began to head towards where Davis was.

Eflair hissed, ?[B]Agreed.[/B]? She started looking around to see how to get to the others since though she could see them from her vantage point on the raised platform, she would have to descend and traverse among the room to get to them and walls and all sorts of obstacles were in her way. Without hesitation she took one heading for where Davis and Clavis were.

Alden just shrugged and pulled out his weapons, pleased that he had at least gotten to enjoy both Rebecca and Lara. Even if Lara didn't know it. He didn?t really care if the others died. But if what Lara said was true then taking out Deoky first was more important. No exit without killing the others? Alden snorted. His guns could tear a hole through just about anything. He didn't need to kill others to get what he wanted.

Lara pulled out her weapon as well. ?[B]Be careful Alden![/B]? She cried as she pointed towards Deoky, ?[B]That?s the one I warned you about.[/B]?

Then Deoky who had remained silent laughed eerily, ?[B]Oh this is just perfect! I?ll make sure all of you fools are taken care of.[/B]? Then before either Alden or Lara could fire at him he jumped off the platform he was on and down into the Maze below him, quickly hidden from sight. Confident in his ability to outsmart and deal with the others.

And Andrew just stood there, confused, not knowing what to do. The last thing he recalled was Fredrick becoming angry and attempting to kill him. "[B]What the hell is going on here?[/B]" He asked. But no one answered. Then since he was close to where Davis was and he had been kind to him when they first woke up in this place, he too hopped of the platform and headed towards Davis. Perhaps he could tell him what was going on.

Back in the room that was now focusing on the chamber where the final subjects where, in huge glowing green letters the words [B]Final Challenge In Progress[/B] was displayed.
[CENTER]---------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8714/lifecardqd5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3991/06dl5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8714/lifecardqd5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3160/08th6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][CENTER]------------------------------------[/CENTER] [B]OOC:[/B] Congratulations! Everyone has made it to the final round. Due to my life card that I have played as well as a life card that was issued to one of the players as well.

Now before anyone posts, please wait as I will be posting in the underground thread with some specific rules for this round. As well as revealing a final card for everyone to use.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And those guidelines are now up. Time to have fun! ;)

[COLOR=DarkOrange]This was it: the final battle was under way. Andrew, Lara, Clavis, Davis, and Eflair had joined on a single platform already, re-meeting, introducing, and plotting frantically as their enemy stood just off in the distance a bit. Deoky merely stood atop his platform looking down upon the group with a smirk, his hair blowing around behind him. His thoughts were encompassed by plots for murdering every last one of them. Much as he enjoyed the thought of their suffering, he did look forward to leaving this place and returning home to create his duplication. He wondered if he might just kill them all at once.

Alden, meanwhile was also still up on his perch, preparing one of his guns as he placed a cigarette between his lips. It had been a while since he?d been in massive armed combat, and his bad-ass senses were tingling. He looked down at the group, and over at Deoky. The man in the black looked like a harmless femme-boy, but Alden was sure he was probably a lot stronger than he looked, judging by the reaction of the group. He was a cocky bastard for sure, just watching while the others plotted to kill him. If five people had to think that hard about how to kill one man, it couldn?t have been safe to bet. Still, Alden was intent on winning this competition. He decided that he would let the group take care of Deoky first then he would come in afterward and kill them while they tried to find an exit, one by one. Fuck hope; he just wanted out of this hellhole and didn?t care who was going to die to give him that right. Besides, there might be some kind of prize for coming out on top?

[B]?He?s got the speed of a demon and can leap the very skies. How will we catch him?? [/B] Eflair pondered with the group, all of whom were at first surprised to see her alive again.

[B]?As you know, I can match his speed if not his strength. Besides, his mental abilities have no effect on me,? [/B] Clavis explained.

[B]?I, too, can be of service,?[/B] Andrew interjected. [B]?I may not be able to leap so high, but I have never seen a sword hand move with the same swiftness of my own. Long as the enemy is only planning to tear us open with his claws I have the advantage in the length of my blade.? [/B]

[B]?I have the gun Alden gave me as well,?[/B] Lara explained. From above, Alden saw her showing off the gun and creased his brow. If she were to survive the coming attack, he?d surely have to kill her first. He didn?t enjoy the thought of her brain on the walls of the maze leaving her body to never be used again, but getting out of the maze was more important than sex?

[B]?I am weak. I have nothing,?[/B] David spoke under his weak breath. Eflair, who also felt defenseless, glanced over sorrowfully.

[B]?Worry not!?[/B] Clavis assured him.[B] ?You will not be harmed, either of you, I swear it. Last time we made the fatal mistake of spreading out where he could pick us off one by one. This time we shall remain together as a unit. You two will remain with Lara and keep a distant assault on Deoky while Andrew and I fight him. We must give him no quarter. We must be merciless! Take away everything and leave him with nothing! We shall strip him of his evil life, so that he may bring harm upon no one, ever again!? [/B] Clavis? inspiring words gave determination to the others. This day they would be victorious! The heads all turned to Deoky who still sat atop his perch, watching them from above. There were many platforms and walls between them and him, but there was enough room that they could just make out his face.

[B]?ARE YOU READY YET?!?[/B] Deoky called out brazenly. Clavis and Andrew prepared themselves to take off.

[B]?Ready??[/B] Clavis asked.

[B]?Perfectly.?[/B]

[B]?Let?s go!?[/B] The two leapt for the next platforms on the path to fight the evil warlord.[/COLOR]