OtakuBoards

Enclave 2 [M-LVS]

Deadpool

[size=2][font=book antiqua][color=purple]King Tyran paced back and forth waiting for the warriors to come. He had only ask for a select few. Two he know he could count on due to their amazing success last time and three new soldiers who had already proven themselves very well. But there was one fighter he could not get on his side. Money, land, nothing could change his mind from being a freelance. Rath, if he had him on his side his little group of warriors troubles could be halved if not more. Yes they where more then capable of getting to the Black Mountains but what laid before them after that he didn't want to think about. Now if Rath was with them the would have a better chance of surviving. He looked up as one of his soldiers came running in carrying a young elf covered in blood. [b]"What happened?"[/b] The soldier bowed. [b]"Sir the Elven Forests of Killian and Callandor and completely razed. They held them off without a probloem in the woods but then reinformencts came and they burned the woods to the ground. Reports say that the Kingdom of Ashtec is already fighting with them but it will be a long time before the walls fall"[/b] King Tyran frowned as he sat down. [b]"Those fighters need to hurry up"[/b][/color]

[color=darkred]Rath watched the fires of Killian and Callandor burn in the distance sending huge pilliars of smoke that could be seen from miles away. His black mustang shook his head making the armor on his head clinck. Rath patted him on the side the pulled on the reigns turning him away. This new army was slowly demolishing the free lands. The armor around his horses feet clinked as it walked over the crimson colored hills of the Bloody Plains. This was where he spent most of his time. Many of a battle had been fought here and he never lost. the grass is stained witht eh blood of his own men but more importantly the enemies they faced. Now he had no one. No army behind him, no friends no one to turn to. He was a freelance to who he wanted to be working for and did the jobs he wanted. He already had multiple names, one being the Demon Rider due to his armor and the armor covering his horse. But for now he would wait and see what happened with this new force attacking the lands[/color][/font][/size]

Alright people there you go just make your post to where you meet the king and it will start after everyone posts

As the city came to life, there was a feeling of heavy tension in the air. Nothing but rumors passed around this morning. The unknown army, it was said, had already taken two of the Eleven forests, burning them to the ground. "If they can take the forests," people asked themselves, "what's stopping them from coming here?" As the morning rolled on, and the rumor spread, the thicker the tension grew.

It was in this atmosphere that Leies found himself pacing his room. It was in a small inn just below the castle, and he was mulling over what he had heard. "The locals say that this army has destroyed some elven forests. Torched them to the ground!" he went on pacing. "It's a good thing I left when I did, or else I might have met resistance coming from my OWN forest." Which turned him to a different subject. "Is my mother going to be alright? Surely they would not hesitate to attack the Whitewood Forest?!"

He paused, and sighed deeply. Even if he was there, they still would have come to the same fate. Perhaps his mother had evacuated the Forest? He hoped so, but still wished he could ensure her safety. Besides, he had been delaying meeting the King of Mecki for long enough. "I think it's time to go." He said to no one but himself. Belting on his sword, and taking his cloak and bow, he strode from his room at the inn and into the bustling city.

Passing numerous streets, he was the subject of many stares from the human townsfolk. His mind on the task at hand, he hardly noticed. When he reached the castle gates, the gaurds asked his business. Leies bowed, saying that he was answering the summons of the King of Mecki himself,and that it regarded the fate of the Kingdom. When he said this, he was rushed off to the King's chamber at once.

Arriving in no time at all, he was presented to the King before his throne. Leies bowed again, but lower this time, and said, "Hello, Your Majesty. I am Leies Gildedleaf from the Whitewood Forest. I have come to answer your summons." The King looked up from the reports handed to him from a soldier, and said, "Good! Welcome to my castle. I am the King of Mecki, and I am glad to see that someone is finally answering the summons!" He laughed, but grimly.

[SIZE=1]The kingdom of Mecki was very large, very expansive, the gates to this city were much larger then to the ones of Fazen. Makhaira walked through the gates that were open to the public to walk through. He had left his horse two miles back, he had riden it so hard it collapsed from over exerting itself and died right in front of him. He just disregarded the horses and started to run towards his destination. The speed of the Baka Tau Mana was legendary amongst the other tribes in the marsh land, they could boast about how they were just as fast as any man on a horse. This was an over exaggeration, but not far from the truth.

As he walked into the market place of the city, where every person tried to sell someone something, whether they needed it or not, and some people would buy these things, while other wouldn't even glance at the sellers. A majority of the sellers didn't even look at Makhaira when he passed by, all of them knew of they was he was dressed and the cord around his neck were clear signs of his tribe. And, because of there primative ways they were shunned by many, always feared since they were known for there skills with the blade at there waist. Makhaira kept his focus forward, ignorning the dirty looks and people pushing into him on purpose.

He knew if he was to fight, he wouldn't stop when they meerly stopped moving. He would only stop if they were dead, it was the only way for a Blademaster to fight. To the death. And the took this very seriously, as did all Baka Tau Mana who were trained in the art of that dance with death. He noticed a few gaurds starting to watch him, whiserping to themselves about him, keeping there eys on him and there hands on there weapons at the ready. A majority of them had polearms present in ther grasp, the rest gripped the hilt of there blade. Makhaira knew they would never get a chance to use them if they tried to fight him.

He kept his hand away from his blade, in order to dissipate any sort of tension that was building up around him, and among the guards that watched him carefully now. As he walked past many groups of people who were just talking amongst themselves, Makhaira listened carefully to the words that were spoken as he passed. He clearly heard the news of the two elven forests being raized by the foreign army. The one that seemed to be spreading across the world like a plauge, one that would choke all the lands until there was no breath of life left. He growled to himself as he remembered his past.

He cut around a corner as he saw his path was bared by a building, Makhaira honestly had no idea where he was going. But he was deteremined to get to the fortress that lay inside the city. He knew if a king would be any where in this city, he would be there, where he could plan his strategy safely. He walked through a number of alley ways before he hit the main road, the road heading straight for the fortress. He grinned to himself and walked down this road, melding into the crowd as best he could. Even though he still stuck out like a sore thumb, the people around him simply ignored him. Believeing he was inferior to them, he accepted this without any problems. He desired no blood today, at least not from these innocent people.

As he neared the the entrence to the fortress, he was grabbed by the shoulder and yanked into an alley way. He twisted into the alleyway as he saw a couple of men and a woman standing behind them. He watched them all with his multicolored eyes, his focus on the two men. The women pointed at him, saying something Makhaira couldn't believe she would blame him for when he had only just arrived. It was sheer foolishness and an attempt from her to cover up for her obvious pregnancey. She spoke again as her hand shook from pointing at him so hard.
[B]
"He was the one who raped me. His child is the one I am to bare into this world."[/B] Makhaira straightened himself out as he listened to what the woman was accusing him of. He shook his head as he let out a small chuckle and a bit of a smile.
[B]
"This is foolishness, I have only just arrived in this kingdom. And judging by the size of her belly, she is obviously lieing to protect the true man that impregnated her."[/B] The man who stood a little in front of her spit at Makhairas feet. He was a young and stout man, he could tell that this lad was this girls older brother or very close friend. The man standing right beside the girl had slightly graying hair, but was still of a large size, it showed he worked hard in his life time. He was clearly her father, from what Makhaira could tell. Makhaira watched the man who spit at him, the young man then spoke.
[B]
"He's got to be lying. Look at him, he came from such a primative tribe. Only someone like him could be so savage as to rape an innocent girl."

"I didn't rape anyone, I just arrived in the city. There is no possible way this could of happened. And your a fool for believeing her. She obviously pointed me out in fear of you finding out who the real father is."[/B] Makhaira changed his gave to the older man beside his daughter.
[B]
"Or, she is trying to hide it from you. And he already knows, he's just playing along to divert suspision from the real father."[/B] Makhaira could see the shock in there eyes, the only one who didn't seem to be shocked by this, was the father. He seemed to think about what had just been said, how the youngster had been so willing to take this man out. And the daughter randomly pointing out some stranger in odd clothes. Makhaira looked to the young man again.
[B]
"Don't insult my intelligence or my tribe. We are smarter then you know, and we use that to our advantage. The Baka Tau Mana are no tribe to fool with, we are quick to think and react properly. The only thing quicker then our wit, is out sword, and when we draw out blade, we use it to kill. Be aware of that before attempting to strike me."[/B] Makhaira looked at them all carefully, he could see the young man had a distinct look of fear and a break in his confidence. The girl was close to the brink of tears, she was gripping on to her fathers arm. The old man watched Makhaira. Makhaira was growing impatient about this, so he held out his chest and held his arms to his side.
[B]
"If you think I really am deserving of this, then strike at my heart. I will not try to stop you or fight back. Only strike if it is the right thing to do." [/B]The young man had a sword at his side, he drew it with a distinct ring to it. He held it back so the point would plunge into Makhairas chest, the father snatched his elbow as he was about to thrust it. The young man looked at the father with eyes of surprise, the father had a hard look in his eyes.
[B]
"He doesn't deserve to die. He didn't do anything. I saw the look in both of your eyes, he is innocent." [/B]The young man tugged his arm free and sheathed his sword and moved away from Makhaira towards the girl, the father moved towards Makhaira. He bowed his head to him.
[B]
"I apoligize to you for this mess you were involved in. Your words revealed much to me."[/B] Makhaira bowed at the waist, then straightened himself out.
[B]
"It is fine sir. You knew what was right, and I am glad that nothing had to transpire that wasn't necessary. I will take my leave."[/B] Makhaira started to walk awy until he reached the two standing together, he looked down at both of them. His eyes seemed to look into there vary souls, revealing all there secrets to him. His face was hard and unforgiving, it was his way of giving them a threat if they did something as foolish as this again. He then turned away and walked into the street. Turning so he was going to the fortress.

He came up to the fortress and spoke to the guards, telling them he was sent from Fazen to meet the kings request. The guards hurried him to the king. Makhaira entered the large halls that was the kings chambers, he saw an unusual sight. A half elf, half human standing in the same room. Conversing with the king, Makhaira bowed his head to both as they noticed them. The king approched him and looked him over. Makahaira spoke in a cool and calm tone.
[B]
"High Priest Francis has sent me to heed the word of the king of Mecki. I hope my word is good enough for you, I was not given any physical proof."[/B] The king patted him on the shoulder.
[B]
"It is fine. I know Francis, he would not send just anyone for this mission. I am King Tyran, welceom to Mecki. I hope your time in this city has been well so far."[/B] Makhaira grinned to himself as he looked the half-elf standing beside the king, watching him closely as he assesed him.[/SIZE]

After a minute or two of being scrutinized by the barbarian, Leies could hold his curiousity no longer. "Never seen a half-elf before? Or are you admiring the sword at my side? Aye, she's a beauty, but not for sale, sorry to disapoint you." He smirked, and held out his hand for the common gesture of friendship.

As the two shook hands, Leies introduced himself, "My name is Leies, Leies Gildedleaf. I've practiced a bit of swordplay, but to think I'd actually be helping out a King! It thrills me to no end! So, friend, how'd you find yourself in this position? Mercenary? Free- lance? Anyway, glad to meet you."

Leies turned to the King. "What should we do while we wait for the others you mentioned? Surely they should be on thier way?"

[SIZE=1]Makhaira looked at him oddly, he could tell this man was thinking himself superior to him. As if being raised amongst the elves was better then any other place. To Makhaira, the marsh land he lived in for almost thirty years was the most amazing and beautiful placehe had been too. He shook the other mans hand with a tad bit of an insult saying his sword was greater then his own, as if it was going to be used within enough time to stop Makhaira's from removing his head from his shoulders. The half-elf spoke to the king, Makhaira spoke shortly after he had finished.
[B]
"Names Makhaira Draisun, and I am no sort a mercenary or free-lance. I do this for a higher purpose. My village is one passed on finding your higher calling through the use of your skills. And I was not admiring your blade, I was assesing whether you would be a good fight in blade against blade."[/B] Leies look at him up and down, Makhaira could see the look that so many had given him before. Looking at him as an uneducated barbarian. One that understood nothing of civilization and the finer things in life, Makhaira leaned in to whisper into Leies' ear.

[B]"In the village of the Baka Tau Mana, my village, that you said about your blade is considered a challenge. You ought to be careful, I will take you up on the challenge next time you present it. Because my skill, is in my blade."[/B] Makhaira tapped the blade at his side as he back away, he removed the cord from his wrist and let it slack a little. He watched the half-elf while in a slack sort of stance, this was hardly the case, Makhaira was ready at anytime to draw his blade and quickly take this man down. Leies gave a Makhaira an odd stare.
[B]
"And what exactly do your people call men with skills of the sword."

"Blademasters." [/B]Makhaira answered blatantly, his stance still slack as his hands were on his sides. Makhaira caught Leies glance at the black handle to Callandor, he could see that he was decideing whether Makhaira was bluffing or telling the truth. Leies know nothing of this man, so he wouldn't be able to know of Makhaira's sword skills. Leies spoke in a calm tone.
[B]
"Anyway I can get you to show me these skills?"[/B] Makhaira grinned as a chuckle came from his throat.
[B]
"Drawing my blade would mean either you or I is going to die. I only draw in selfdefense or when I am left with no choice."[/B] Leies seemed to consider whether or not get Makhaira to draw his blade. Makhaira spoke in a dead tone.
[B]
"I would suggest not tempting me, we are called Blademasters for a reason. Large kingdoms would call us, paladins. But I am a Blademaster of the Baka Tau Mana, and you will see how I fight one day." [/B]Makhaira looked away from Leies as he looked around the grand room of the kings thrown room. He wondered if he would find what his purpose was on this quest, he also wondered if he would ever see his village again, or his friend. High Priest Francis.[/SIZE]

[color=darkred][size=2][font=book antiqua]OOC: How bout a little taste of what to expect from my char while we wait for disenchanted and kalon if they ever decide to post.

The king's doors suddenly flew up as Rath came barging in. The King smiled. [b]"Rath. So good to see you"[/b] Rath suddenly threw a bag on the ground letting the six heads in it roll out. Rath smirked. [b]"So this is how you try to get me to work for you. Bounty hunters and messengers with threats or promises of gifts. You will have to do better."[/b] He suddenly stepped up on the throne and grabbed the king by the neck. [b]"I normally kill poeple for this kind of behavior"[/b] The king's face was pale as a ghost. [b]"Guards seize him"[/b] The guards thought were hesistant in drawing their swords when Rath heard a voice behind him. [b]"I advise you to let him go"[/b] Rath released his grip and slowly turned his full armor catching the light giving him an eerie look, one of pure evil. Before him stood a half elf and a barbarian both with their hands ready to go to their weapons. Both were well past the normal king's army but still could use some work. [b]"What did you say/"[/b] Though he had his helm on his voice still rang loud and deep.

The barbarian stepped forward. [b]"you should not act like you own this place and assualt the king in that manner"[/b] Rath smiled behind his helm and stepped down and stood about three inches away from the barbarian. [b]"Ah yes one of real talent and actually would behind able to say that and still win were he talking to another."[/b] The barbarian stood unmoving. [b]"What makes you think I can't best you. Your armor and appearance mean nothing if you can't hold your own a bit with a blade which I doubt. I'm sure even this half elf could best you"[/b] Rath couldn't help but laugh. [b]"This armor is nto for show but trainging purposes. It is weighted but I can move still faster with this on then you can right now. Besides being a Blademaster really isn't that big of a deal. The Baka Tau Mana really should train their fighters a lot harder. Kind of a disgrace really"[/b] Instantly his hand went to his sword but he froze when Rath's hand was already around the hilt.

Rath chuckled. The man's eyes showed fear but his outside face was unmoving. Rath knew that it was hard to become a Blademaster it wasn't easy from himself either. [b]"Next time know your enemy before you talk"[/b][/font][/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Makhaira looked with eyes of disbelief that had been beat to his own weapon, only his eyes betrayed his shock and fear. He let a little growl out of his throat, he started to think about what this man had just said. And spoke without letting his eyes move away from his.
[B]
"You know of the Baka Tau Mana. You must have done something significant to be allowed to cross out land."[/B] The man smirked at Makhaira, he didn't like the smirk or the odd feeling coming off of him. The man spoke.
[B]
"Yes, I know of the Baka Tau Mana. Rather smart people, rough around the edges but you are talented people in your art."[/B] Makhaira let his eyes slide for just a second to where this mans hand laied on his blade hilt, then returned his eyes to the mans gaze.
[B]
"Would you mind releasing my blade, sire?"[/B] The man released it and Makhaira grabbed the cord and wrapped it around his wrist once again. He then spoke in the Baka Tau Mana language, confident neither would understand.
[I]
"He is fast, faster then even me. He must have been a great enough man to earn the respect of the Elder Blademasters."

"Your damn right I did."[/I] Rath said to Makhaira, he looked at the man in awe and disbelief. Rath just grinned at him.
[I]
"You speak Baka Tau Mana, this is quite amazing. What could you have possibly done to earn the right to learn the language?"[/I]
[I]
"I also learned your blade skills, I, myself, and a Blademaster."[/I] Makhaira clenched his hands and hearing this information. He though it was difficult enough for outsiders to learn the language, but to also learn the Blademaster technique was something altogether different. Makhaira contiuned to speak in his village language, leaving Leies completely confused. Makhaira threw several questions at Rath, wanting to know what he had done. He finally asked the only question that could explain this mans training.
[I]
"Are you the[/I] Carhain?" He said in a serious tone. Rath nodded to Makhaira. Makhaira instantly drew his blade, he went to one knee and held his blade up to Rath. His gaze was focused on the ground, then he looked up from the stone floor to Raths eyes. He spoke in the common tongue so Leies would understand

[B]"Please forgive my insubordinance [I]Carhain[/I]. If you see if fit to slay me with my weapon please do so."[/B] Leies looked at him oddly, speaking in a commanding tone.
[B]
"What the hell are you doing Makhaira, he just tried to kill the king."[/B] Makhaira turned his head and looked at Leies with a deadly stare.

[B]"This is the [I]Carhain[/I], he is the reason why we are called the Baka Tau Mana. It means "those with a master". The [I]Carhain[/I] is the lord of my tribe, he is the only being alive who killed thirty Blademasters alone. I am sworn to protect and serve the [I]Carhain[/I]."[/B] Makhaira returned his gaze to the floor, feeling suddenly that he had found his purpose. He still held his blade to Rath when he heard footsteps coming from his side, he saw that Leies was moving towards Rath. Makhaira instantly moved and brought his blade up, gripped in his right hand as he stared at Leies.
[B]
"Stay away from the [I]Carhain[/I]. You come any closer and I will kill you."[/B] Makhaira had a dead set look on his face, he was ready to do his dance with death. He didn't care how this would end, all he knew was that he was sent to protect the Carhain. He would fight to the death for the Carhain, and only death would stop him from doing his duty. Makhaira tossed the blade between his hands, ready to slash at him with either.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]
[COLOR=Red]ooc//Sorry I?m late guys! Work has been terrible of late. I haven?t rped in a while so please excuse me if I am a bit rusty.[/COLOR]

Dal walked though the streets of the city alone, he had told Ceyla that he would meet her at the castle; there were some things he had to take care of in the city beforehand, alone. As he walked people greeted him, he nodded humbly back to anyone who acknowledged he was there. Dalanius always kept his hands by his side ready to retrieve his large axe strapped to his back at a moments notice. Children occasionally darted in-between his legs, calling out things. Despite the children?s happiness he could sense the fear and uneasiness in the adults? eyes. They knew what was coming and so did he.

He slowly made his way towards the castle; upon arriving at the castle gate he talked for a while with the guards, some of which he knew well before continuing on to the king. The sound of talking reached his ears long before he reached the King?s chamber. He entered the hall to see three men standing before the king, none he recognized. One man was standing in front of another, protecting him from an elf it seemed. There was something strangely familiar about the third man but Dalanius just shook the feeling away. He stepped into the chamber and spoke out with confidence; he walked swiftly and moved between the elf and the man threatening him.

[B]?You would do well to relax; you would all do well to relax. The fight lay not between us.? [/B] Dal looked at Blade master with a quiet confidence.

[B]?What is it of your business??[/B] The man snapped back.

[B]?It is of my business when it happens within my Kings court Baka Tau Mana!?[/B]

[B]?Please! Please all of you be calm, we are waiting on one more, it is excellent you have arrived Dalanius.?[/B] Dalanius bowed and greeted the king from where he stood; he would keep the peace, no matter what. He prayed that nothing terrible was keeping Ceyla and that she would arrive soon. Dal kept his hands by his side, ready to grab his Axe if the man decided to make a move. [/SIZE]

[color=darkred][size=2][font=book antiqua]OOC: kalon has dropped out so Disenchanted you can leave her char here or control both it is up to you

Rath laid a hand on the man's shoulder. [b]"Rise. You were only doing what comes natural and that is to protect those weaker then you"[/b] He turned to the half elf. [b]"Do not worry about a thing we are all freinds here. For your sakes I will help take you to this army force them back and then make our way to the Black Mountains and what lies beyond it. I know the lands better then any"[/b] Suddenly his eyes narrowed as Dalanius entered and spoke to the king. He didn't even seem to care about them. [b]"Same old Dalanius"[/b]

The king stood up and clapped his hands. [b]"Good now that you are all here you may begin. But we do have another fighter on the way by the name of Gale so be sure to meet up with him. Rath you have the lead"[/b] Rath made no attempt to bow sa they others did. He felt Dalanius eyes peircing into his skull. As they exited the castle Rath's armored covered horse stood waiting like it had been trained. Dalanius' horse was beside it as well. The two horses were at ease with each other after having ridden together years. Dalanius seemed a bit confused. [b]"Have we ridden together in a time before this?"[/b] Rath turned and looked at him and slowly pulled his sword out. [b]"DO you remember this sword"[/b]

Dalanius shook his head. [b]"Not one of that design and size. What is the purpose of having a square sword with spikes on it. Unless you are extremely skilled with it and can use it like a normal sword looks are not what wins you fights"[/b] Rath laughed this was so amusing. [b]"Shutup Dalanius"[/b] Dalanius hands went straight to his sword. [b]"How do you know me. I know you are Rath the legendary guardian but even legends can die"[/b] Rath shrugged. [b]"How's Ceyla doing? Ya'll been making it on like rabbits"[/b] Instantly the blade of Dalanius' axe was at his throat but Rath remained unmoving. He held his had as Makhaira went to kill Dalanius the spoke in the Baka language. [i]Do not harm him he is an old friend of mine. I am just messing with him he hates it"[/i]

Rath suddenly pulled otu hsi sword knocking Dalanius' axe out of his hand and let the side of his sword est on Dalanius' shoulders. [b]"Is this anyway to greet and old friend?"[/b] He slowly reached up and pulled off his helmet revealing his cold features. Normally his entire face would be unmoving but the grin on his face gave him away[/font][/size][/color]

When the three men left the room, Leies sighed. He knew he had been humbled, and that it would be a LONG time before he would be able to fight them on equal footing. He sighed again, and went to fetch his horse.

On his way out, the King said to him, "Do not worry over much, my friend. They are all very experienced fighters, as will you be in time." He walked over to him and patted his shoulder, "It took a great amount of courage to stand before them; even this small act shows great promise in you. Do your best, and you will eventually do great things." After he said this, the King retired to his room for the night, telling him that he'd be leaving in the morning.

As Leies walked back to his inn, he thought about his childhood, which he had just recently grown from. All the day's he had spent practicing swordplay with his uncles and learning magic from his mother; he could NOT let it all go to waste. He pulled out his sword, and stood there, admiring it for a moment. "Yes," he said to himself, "the King was right. I WILL get better, and I'll make my family proud."

With that promise made, he returned to the inn in high spirts. He had a few rounds of ale, but not so much as to impair him the next morning. Then he made sure his horse was ready for the morrow, he went to bed, with a determined grin on his face.