OtakuBoards

Metal Gear Solid Movie?!?!

Snake'sLover18

okay this is what i heard the creator of metal gear solid is coming out with a movie based on metal gear and the cool thing is that he is going to be one to direct it. i think i saw a movie preview on it on youtube and it says it will be out in 2009. what do you guys think?

[FONT=Arial]Welcome to Otakuboards, Snake'sLover18.

When you post, please try to do so with good quality. This means proper puncuation, capitalization, and grammar. Imagine you're writing paragraph for an english class - you would get a horrible grade if you didn't use what I mentioned. If you need help improving your post quality, try typing your post into a program like Microsoft Word first so it can automatically fix your errors.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any other mod.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Every game-turned-movie pretty much has sucked, but I can see this being interesting. MGS is very cinematic and the director is a man who based his directing off of film directing. It's really no surprise he'd want to do a movie, and what better way to do so than to ride off the success of his game series which is one of the mosrt well-known out there? I'd say this could be a monumentally interesting film.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']Every game-turned-movie pretty much has sucked, but I can see this being interesting. MGS is very cinematic and the director is a man who based his directing off of film directing. It's really no surprise he'd want to do a movie, and what better way to do so than to ride off the success of his game series which is one of the mosrt well-known out there? I'd say this could be a monumentally interesting film.[/COLOR][/quote]

Yes I know it would be a good movie. I just hope that the storyline is the same as the games itself. But to tell you the truth i just hope they can figure out who to play Solid and Liquid Snake. I mean I think that they might need the same actor to play both of the parts, you think?? :animeswea

• 2 weeks later...
If you have ever played the Metal Gear Solid Series. I think i am not sure but I think that the story line is going to be based on the first Metal Gear. Like I said I only saw a preview about it on Youtube.com it didn't really tell me much except when it is supposed to be in theaters :animeswea sorry, I wished I knew more about it but that is my hunch of what the storyline is...

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype]I would hesitate to trust anything off of YouTube, but if this is true, God be praised! Hideo Kojima could be an incredible director if he so chose. Could you perhaps provide a link to the preview in question Snake'sLover?

The MGS games are already very cinematic, so it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to adapt one into a movie. I've never played the original Metal Gear, but I can only assume that the plots were similarly story-heavy. Kojima has a gift for cinematics, and I can only hope that if there ever is a Metal Gear movie, that he's directing it. Still, it sounds like just a rumor. If there was an MG film, it would be BIG news.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Snake'sLover18']okay this is what i heard the creator of metal gear solid is coming out with a movie based on metal gear and the cool thing is that he is going to be one to direct it. i think i saw a movie preview on it on youtube and it says it will be out in 2009. what do you guys think?[/quote]

I have not heard such a thing about MGS The Movie! But the trailers on YouTube are mostly fake :animecry: Is this source really came from the official website itself?!?!?

You know there are many MGS titles... which one the creator wants to make into a movie? If they are making the first, yay! :animesmil

Any info on actors/actresses involved? :animesmil

[QUOTE=Chiyasha]I have not heard such a thing about MGS The Movie! But the trailers on YouTube are mostly fake :animecry: Is this source really came from the official website itself?!?!?

You know there are many MGS titles... which one the creator wants to make into a movie? If they are making the first, yay! :animesmil

Any info on actors/actresses involved? :animesmil[/QUOTE]

It is Hideo Kojima is the one who is going to be in charge of the movie.. As for the Actors, I am not really sure about that I hope they will reveial them soon.. I am looking forward to it when it comes out.

If you want to know if this is true or not

[url]http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/metalgearsolidpo/news.html?sid=6150282[/url]

Go here and read the article..

also check this site out

[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808372/[/url]

It tells that the movie is going to be out in 2009