OtakuBoards

Seeking help making a Anime magazine

Guest poopypu

Guest poopypu
I am looking for some anime fans who can:
-Write articles.
-Interview people about anime.
-And help with a title for my anime magazine.

I would give who ever works for my magazine, i fare amount to what i make.
I really would.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I can remember a time when my entire life was dedicated to the premise of writing a magazine. When I was 11 years old I hand-wrote a 95-page Nintendo magazine, using a lightboard to trace the images out of a Nintendo Power. Took me all summer. At 13 I remember typing out several 'anime review' magazines with my cousin expecting that I could make a bunch of copies and leave them on the magazine rack at Wal-mart or something.

Nowdays i know better, though i do look lovingly back on those days. But now I know how much you need to be able to do to make one. Graphic artists, a staff of writers, people who can find the latest scoops and keep up with things, people 'in' with the business.... especially with anime you ned to know what's happening in Japan and such. you've got to be able to mass-produce it, too. Then you've got competition with stiff like Newtype and Anime Insider...

...so tell me. What do you have? Do you actually know what you're getting into, or are you a 12 year old with grand ambitions?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=poopypu]I am looking for some anime fans who can:
-Write articles.
-Interview people about anime.
-And help with a title for my anime magazine.

I would give who ever works for my magazine, i fare amount to what i make.
I really would.[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=RoyalBlue](EDIT:I thought about it a bit more)

Well...I really don't have the time, or anything, to write articles or interviewing. But I could try to help with a title for the magazine.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]I dunno man, if you're recruiting from an anime forum I'm not sure you're gonna have a magazine with enough quality to you know, [i]sell anything[/i].[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Think of the target audience. It's not like most anime fans have [i]standards.[/i][/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink]Think of the target audience. It's not like most anime fans have [i]standards.[/i'][/color][/quote]

I don't know. I mean look at these boards, they have standards.

On topic though, are you planning on making a profit or hobby? Like what 2007DigitalBoy explained, you are going to need a lot of people for stuff and they want pay checks. Then that becomes starting a small business, which I have no idea how to do.

[color=dimgray] It's near impossible to just start making a magazine*, so what I'd recommend is to join your school newspaper (if yours has one). Tell editors you want to write article about this kind of stuff, and unless they're complete dicks they'll probably let you, seeing as ideas are usually hard to come up with for school newspapers anyway.

Learn journalistic writing, learn how to use graphic/layout programs, then you can think about making your own magazine. If you get really interested in publishing/journalism, you can think of making it a career. :)

*Not to be a complete downer, but you'd need a room full of money somewhere, as well as a staff of writers and layout editors. [/color]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Come on, don't put yourself down like that. :/[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

[color=deeppink]If you'd just give me the attention I want, I wouldn't have to.

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME? D :[/color]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']...so tell me. What do you have? Do you actually know what you're getting into, or are you a 12 year old with grand ambitions?[/COLOR][/quote][color=#4B0082]And the profile says...[/color]

[quote]Birthday:
October 15, 1990[/quote][color=#4B0082]...16-year-old with grand ambitions! Unforunately, four years off is too far to win a prize. Better luck next time, 2007DigitalBoy.

Anyway, this thread breaks the no advertising rule, so I'm going to have to close it. Please read the site [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][u]rules[/u][/url] before posting, poopypu, and remember to be mindful of the sticky threads in each forum. If you like, you can put a note about this in your signature and advertise for writers that way, but threads devoted to advertising aren't allowed.

Thread Closed[/color]