OtakuBoards

Gangirock: Awakening [M-LV]

sakazaki

She smiled at Ash and rubbed her arm.

"At least I seemed to have gotten their attention." She laughed, then patted her wings comfortingly.

"At least I'm not seriously hurt. So what power do you have Ash?" She looked at the others in the room. They seemed to finally start coming around. Some of them even started to pick up the pieces that remained of the table.

"Do you think the owners will get mad that I broke their table?" She asked with a grin.

"I didn't mean to."

??? was playing with his zippo in a corner of the room; and every time it would spark, he said something like, "Zype!" Just about everyone was here now; he was sure of that. There was nothing better to do, so he decided to go and talk to the winged girl. She had been nice to him earlier. As he stood up; (still messing with the lighter), the winged girl jumped up on a table. Yelling loudly, she said what they'
d all been waiting for, "Are we not all bearers of Gangirock? What are we doing here? Just sitting here doing nothing? Shouldn't we at least be doing something of use?!"

After the statement, the door to the shack flung open, and there was a girl standing in the door way, wind whipping about her. She acknowleged..Akuya?...with a thumbs up sign, saying, ?Osu! I admire your spirit! The name?s Ashton, but Ash will be enough.? ??? knew instantly that she was who they were waiting for. If noone else showed up, then they didn't matter; Ash was here. Just then, the rickedy table Akuya had been standing on, preceeded to collapse under her weight.

Instead of making fun of her, everyone went to her aid. A big guy with muscles, came and picked up the larger pieces of the table, while ??? and some others picked cleared away the smaller pieces. Akuya and Ash were talking, and he wanted to talk to them, when he noticed his lighter was missing. He quickly searched around on the floor, when a voice said, "Here; is this yours?" ??? looked up, and saw the Ash girl holding out his lighter. He jumped up and grabbed the lighter, and said, "Thanks!"

When the table was picked up and moved, everyone was waiting around, expectantly. ??? started playing with his lighter again, and saying, "Zype!" Afew of the people shuffled uncomfortably, and Ash said, "So, what's your name?" She laughed as he continued to make his strange noise. "Zype? Is THAT your name?" ??? looked at her quizzically, stopping his noise, "I don't have a name..."

Ash looked at him, thinking him odd. "Well then, why not Zype? You like the noise so much..." She looked at him, and he nodded. It would work; he quite liked the noise, the name even more. Zype looked around the room, and realized everyone was staring at them. He looked to Ash, "What now?" Just as the door opened, and another bearer stood to greet them.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Brisk went to held out her hand and opened her mouth to speak but blinked as nothing came out. She put her hand to her throat and looked around, the man that had came in starving looked at her.
"What's wrong?"
She pointed to her throat and then put her hand over it again.
"Your throat hurt?"
She shook her head and knelt down writeing in the sand.
'My voice is finally gone.'
"What do you mean finally?"
'After I accepted the Gangirock I started to lose my voice...now it's gone for good.'
He blinked and looked at the others. Brisk was now sitting in the corner, her knees pulled to her chest tears slowly leaking from her eyes. She looked around at the others talking to each other and felt her heart tighten. She was finally unable to talk to anyone ever again. She looked down and waited for the next step to finally happen.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Akuya noticed the boy with the lighter and laughed at the name bestowed on him by Ash.

"Zype?" She laughed even though it wasn't really funny, I mean her name wasn't all that normal either, really nobody's was that normal. She walked over to the girl crying.

"What's the matter?" She asked with no response except for a gesture at her throat. Akuya sighed and sat next to her rubbing her shoulder to calm her down. She wrote in the sand.

"Everything will be all right, at least you can still see everything around you." The girl looked at her in surprise.

"The only way I can see is by using my mind. Basically I use telepathy to see the things around me, but I can't speak to others through my mind. That's what I sacrificed to get the Gangirock, and by seeing your condition, I'm guessing you gave up your voice."

Guac sat down next to Brisk,"Wow! That sucks... don't worry though! I'm sure it will be fine!" He gave an awkward smile. He laughed,"But don't be afraid to ask me for anything you need! I am in debt to you!"

Guac then hears a loud noise and jumps. He looks up to see a broken table and a large mess."What happened? I wasn't listening..." Guac laughs embaressed. Then goes over to help out.

OOC: Gah! Sometimes it sucks being a responcible person with classes and a job. Never any real free time. Well, should be back on regularly now.

Tension in the room was begining to mount rather heavily. Even without his "extra" sense Kell would have been able to tell this. Right now he was trying his best not to let it get to him, and succeeding, for the moment. Around him the room was a buzz of energy as new people appeared, others experienced sudden onsets of emotion for the young girl who called herself Brisk after her voice faltered, and everyone as a group became more confused and nervous by the minute.

Someone in the room was trying particularly hard to hide their true feelings. With the torrent of emotion Kell could not tell who, but at some point they were bound to lose themself in the moment and snap. Hoping to delay the result as much as possible Kell reached out with his power and tried to calm the raging emotions of the house's occupents as much as possible. It was not much, but as long as it stemmed the tide a little there would be a bit more peace in the house for a while.

[i]Maybe coming here was not such a good idea after all,[/i] he thought to himself. [i]At this rate I will just make myself even more sick.[/i] As this realization passed through Kell's mind he slowly stood up and staggered toward the door. Right now he could see himself moving, but did no seem to have the control over his limbs he should have. Under his breath he muttered as he approached the door: "Anger..... confusion..... fear...... sorrow..... pity...." With each step the door to the outside drew closer, however it was slow going in his condition. "Doubt.... mistrust...."

[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]OOC: Check the underground for further details?^^[/SIZE]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][B][U]Chapter 1: The Apostles of the Stars[/U][/B][/CENTER][/SIZE][SIZE=1]

The Bearers enjoyed themselves in the worn-down shack until midnight. Then, a loud voice was heard, echoing in the ears of the bearers:

[I]Bearers, witness this?[/I]

[CENTER]|*|[/CENTER]

[B]?Gawn?I?m bored??[/B] Scythe placed his red colored yo-yo right in front of Gawn to attract his attention.

[B]?*sighs*There is nothing we can do except---?[/B]

Slowly, the door opened and their commander, Shalte Cascade wearing her dark crimson uniform and a butterfly-shaped ornament on long her brown hair can be seen, [B]?Hurry up you two, meeting?s about to start.?

?Not another meeting? I hate meetings, they?re so boring!?[/B] grumbled Scythe.

[B]?Well, we better go, Scythe?unless you want Creed to skin you alive...?[/B]

With the thought of Creed skinning him alive, Scythe walked quickly towards the meeting room behind Gawn and Shalte. The air in their base is very cold. Scythe put his hands into his green oversized jacket?s pocket to warm them. Gawn doesn?t seem to be cold at all. It must be the training that he does outside the base during nighttime.

When they?ve arrived at their meeting room which is a huge dark room with a big screen on the wall, Jeremy Maxwell and Hauser are already there waiting for them. Both of them are two very different persons although they?re appearances resembles each other closely. Hauser?s uniform consists of long black trench coat and black boots while Jeremy?s dark brown.

[B]?Taking you?re time huh, Gawn??[/B] Jeremy asked him with an insulting tone. Gawn just grinned at him.

Then, the big screen on the wall turned on and the image of their leader, Creed Cascade can be seen. All of them who were in the meeting room saluted at him. Several more images of their other team members who are currently stationed in the other base began to appear.

[B]?This meeting is going to be about our first step to return Gangirock to its true form. Pay attention; I?m going to say this once,?[/B] Creed stopped for awhile to let the others prepare themselves, [B]?Augst, take your time making the mind shaft. As for the others, make sure no one knows about this.?[/B]

The screen went black indicating that the meeting was over. [B]?Wow?that was?quick!?[/B]

[CENTER]|*|[/CENTER]

The sun?s light rays shined through the small holes of the shack?s wooden walls. The sound of nature finally awoken; the sound of waves splashing when it came towards the shore, the sounds of birds chirping their tune and the sound of the coconut leaves rustling against each other when the wind blew. Everyone in the room is still sleeping very soundly on the bare floor. Some of them slept on each other as well.

Ashton woke up and stretched a bit only to hit Akuya at the process. Both of them greeted each other ?good morning? loud enough for everyone in the shack hear. Slowly, they woke up one by one. Another girl named Brisk, who brought some food, shared it among them as breakfast. While they were eating, a hologram appeared on top of where the broken wooden table should be.

[B]?Good morning, Gangirock Bearers! I suppose you seen it in you dreams last night??[/B]

OOC: Just post about your character asking questions about the dream to each other or to the holographic sage and start doing the objectives which can be found in the underground. Still blurr? Send me a PM or post in the underground...^^[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Akuya turned to Ash. [I]What was that dream about?[/I] She thought. Then the hologram appeared.

"That was weird, wasn't it? What was that dream about? If you ask me I'm confused."

She tore hungrily into some of the toast that was laid out for breakfast, then she grabbed some extra food and started walking around asking people if they wanted anything to eat, and giving it to them anyway. But she always smiled and said have a good day!

She walked over to Zype. "Are you hungry?" When he replied that he was she handed him some toast and some grapes then sat down next to him.

"What do you make of that dream?"

Zype woke to the sound of someone talking. He still didn't know the others names very well, except for the winged girl; Akuya. SHE stood out to him, what with the wings and all, and he remembered her PERFECTLY. Everyone else was a blur. He yawned, and sat up from where he had been stretched out agaisnt a wall. Looking around, he saw that everyone had gathered around a girl that was handing out food. His own stomach rumbled; he needed food also. Zype stood up, and slowly made his way to the others. Most of them had already gotten food, and there was no line when he got there.

When the girl looked up, she smiled, saying, "What would you like? Though, there's not much left..." Zype shook his head, "It's ok, I'll just take whatever's left." He was handed two rice balls, too which he thanked her graciously. He took a seat beside her, and started to eat. When he had finished a rice ball, the girl asked his name. He replied happily, "My name is Zype; I don't know what it means, but, it works for me!" The girl laughed, and responded, "Well, nice to meet you...Zype, my name is Brisk." No sooner had the words left her mouth, then a holographic image of an old man appeared.

?Good morning, Gangirock Bearers! I suppose you seen it in you dreams last night?? The image spoke thus, and vanished. What had been peace and order just moments before, now became general disscussion; What dream? Did YOU see it? I don't know, I think I did. And the most frequently asked, "Did we all have the SAME DREAM?" Zype noticed the girl Brisk had moved away, to join in on the disscussion. He moved away from the group, in order to recollect his thoughts. He found solitute in the corner of where the raggedy sofa met the wall.

He remembered, that... THERE HAD BEEN a dream; something about.. a meeting. There were these people, with a BIG screen-thingy (doesn't know what it's called). They seemed to have a purpose......but what was it? At that moment, Akuya burst into his thoughts, asking, "Are you hungry?" He looked up quickly, and said yes. He was still hungry, he didn't want to pester the other girl, Brisk, for more food though. He happily accepted toast and grapes, and ate silently. She sat down next to him, and he began to feel...something. He didn't know what it was, but he found this girl to be.... intriguing.

"What do you make of the dream?" she asked, solemnly. Zype glanced at her, and then leaned his back against the wall. "Well...it's obvious that SOMEONE wants Gangirock. They said something about a 'true form', but I don't know how they would get that. Gangirock is just... power; isn't it?" He looked up at Akuya, and saw confusion on her face. "I don't know; I thought it was... but now..." She began to look worried, as if something was bothering her. "Let's go and see what everyone else thinks, ok?" suggested Zype. They walked over to join the others, who sat in small clustered groups, discussing what the dream meant, and how it would affect them.

Akuya walked around and listened to the whispered conversations of the others. Everyone was confused. What was this all about? Something about Gangirock's true form? What did that mean? Was there more to the Gangirock besides the power? Akuya looked to Ash, and it seemed to her that she knew more about this then anybody else did.

"What do they mean when they say Gangirock's true form?" She asked Ash. She sat down in the meantime and pondered about the dream.

[I]Was it real? Is that who we are up against, or is it just another thing to throw us off?[/I] She didn't know what to do. She curled her wings in close to her. It had gotten just a bit chilly in the shack, and she didn't have a jacket so she used her own body heat to warm her.

[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][B]?From what the dream that, I guess we all witnessed, Gangirock?s true form is something dangerous. If not, why should we bother stopping what they are doing??

?Make sense??[/B] Akuya replied.

Then, the hologram appeared again. [B]"You?re damn right there, little girl. Yes, all of you Gangirock Bearer?s are destined to stop history from repeating itself. We should start by knowing what our enemy is planning.?

?Before you start, mind introducing yourself??

?My apologies,?[/B] the hologram bowed at them, showing his sincere apologies. [B]?My name is Sigurd. I?m a sage who created Gangirock. What you see in front of you is a hologram of me at the age of twenty-two and the shack that you?re in was my home, my very own lab.?[/B]

[I]You?re?lab??!![/I]

[B]"I know what you?re thinking, Ash,?[/B] the sage snapped his finger and a secret staircase leading into his lab revealed itself. Everyone was surprised that the worn down shack is actually a secret laboratory of the one who created Gangirock. [B]?I know what all of you are thinking? Anyway, as I?ve said before, you need to stop Gangirock?s awakening; its true power. We will start by splitting all of you present here into two groups to infiltrate the two bases of The Apostles. Once that is done, I will tell your next move.?[/B]

The hologram of the sage disappeared. Then Ash looked at Akuya with determination on both of their faces. [B]?So, are we in this together??[/B]

They did a high five together, [B]?Heck, yeah!?[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkBlue]After listening to what the hologram had said, Sho finally understood why he is here for. From where he stood, he can see all the bearers talking to each other trying to get into groups to stop The Apostles? plans. He remembered the hyperactive tomboy who dragged him into this shack. She was walking in his direction.

[B]?I think you may know this. I?m Ash.?

?And I?m Akuya,?[/B] the winged girl added. [B]?Our group currently has two members??

??and if you?re not in any??[/B] Ash continued.

[B]??we warm-heartedly welcome you in ours!?[/B]

Sho chuckled. He knew that both of them had been friends since they?ve met in this very shack and the way they talked to him was very amusing indeed. Sho got up and smiled at the two. Both of them are still waiting for answers with an innocent look on their faces. He got into his thinking pose; creating suspense for the two girls who were eagerly waiting for an answer from him.

Seconds later, which was like hours to both Akuya and Ash, Sho gave a nod. Both of them were so happy that they began to do a little dance together in front of him.

[I]This is going to be a long day?[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

Akuya stood there thinking. [I]Hmmm...who else should be in our group?[/I] She thought, then she ran over to the first person who came to mind. Zype. She walked over to him.

"Hey Zype, do you wanna join us on our quest to infiltrate one of the bases? You don't have to join us if you don't want to." She added with a menacing grin. She laughed and walked towards the staircase, and looked down into it.

"Hey Ash, do you think the hollogram man will get mad at us if we went into his lab?" Akuya decided to call Sigurd the hollogram man because it was easier for her to remember.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Brisk stood and watched as everyone asked their questions and got their answers. It was easier then she thought it would be, just listening to what the others had to say. It wasn't long before they had all begun to move again and began to talk with each other again. She leaned on the back wall and smiled as the others chattered away happily. She could deal with not talking. She just got to hear what the others had to say better with nothing in the way and she decided she enjoyed that better.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Akuya, in the rush of everything almost forgot Brisk. She half walked half bounced over to her. First she pointed to Brisk then pointed to where Sho and Ash stood. She indicated to her that she wanted her to join her group. She smiled and extended her hand in a friendly gesture.

"Come on. We can all have fun." She smiled again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guac was outside on the beach. He had gone outside after he woke up from the dream so he had missed Sigurd's announcement. He was glumly watching a storm cloud in the distance.

"I hope that doesn't come this way..."

He looks over at the shack and hears a lot of talking. He shakes his head, looks down and begins running his hand through the sand.

"Sounds like the haven't even noticed I'm gone..." He laughes,"Of course not! I mean... why would they?..."

He looks back up at the storm cloud,"Please, please don't come this way..."

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkBlue]OOC: Since sakazaki says that we can control any members of The Apostles in the Underground?

IC: After Creed dismissed them, those at the North Pole base began to do their job. Every one of them feared their leader; his actions are his words. Creed Cascade is the twelfth generation of the Cascade family tree since many years ago. His family is known for their harsh decisions, which often leads to death to those that doesn?t contribute or succeeded as a proud member of The Apostles.

Clive walked towards his room which was three rooms away from the meeting room. Currently, he is in charge of the North Pole base because Creed was doing something at another place which he rather not say. He sat on the comfortable bed that was prepared for him and stared at the steel covered ceiling. It has been a very tiring week for him, especially today, when he was given a new mission to guide the members.

*knock knock*

Clive sat on his bed after hearing the knock on the steel door. The door opened slowly and Catherine came into his room. She looked very tired to Clive.

[B]??Ummm?am I disturbing you, Clive??

?No, not at all. Are you okay Cath? You looked pretty pale,?[/B] he replied.

Her white uniform brushed against Clive?s shoulder as she attempted to sit on the bed. [B]?Must have been overworking myself?heh??[/B]

[CENTER]=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=[/CENTER]

[RIGHT][I]?Back at the Gangirock?s shack?[/RIGHT][/I]

After eating breakfast, Sho decided to kill some time. He thought that doing the daily exercises shown in the television could help. Without telling anyone, he went outside to do what he will do. Sho did some squats and ran on the beach. While jogging, he saw another guy on the beach, staring at the turquoise ocean.

?What are you doing here??[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Guac looked over at Sho,"Oh just looking at the clouds..." He looked back up at the storm cloud in the distance and sighed.

"I really hate rain..." Suddenly his mind was on his sister, where was she... He sat there in silence for a while when he noticed Sho's confused look.

"Oh... Um... You were in the shack right? So your have abilities too?"

After she finally heard the tiny sound of raindrops hitting the roof, she jumped up from where she was sitting and went outside in a quick manner. She let the rain hit her face. Then she spread her arms out wide, and black wings emerged from her back. She lifted herself off the ground and floated there for a while just thinking. She almost fell asleep which made her drop (less than two feet) back onto the ground. She noticed there were two other people outside as well. She overheard one of them say that they didn't like the rain.

"What is so bad about rain? It doesn't hurt anybody, at least that I know of." She looked at the two people.

"Wait a second you two were also in the shack. What powers do you two have? I have the power of flight obviously, but I can't see, unless I use my mind's eye."