OtakuBoards

how was your first concert?

Aberinkula

[COLOR=Blue]Yesterday I went to the opening of the Breaking Benjamin tou in Canton, NY. They were playing with Shelflyfe. And I may say,they were amazing! Now Breaking Benjamin is my favorite band out there. I got a T-shirt,anda an autograpgh from Shelflyfe.

This brings me to my question, how was your first concert?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray]My first concert was the best day I've seen so far. The music was great. I was mad that I couldn't get Breaking Benjamin's autographs, but my brother's friend did! But it was awesome none the less.[/COLOR]

My first concert was about 2 years ago. I went to this all day even and they had all sorts of bands. A few of them were Taking Back Sunday, Sum 41, and a few others that I can't remeber. The reason though that I went was to see Billy Idol. I'm a big fan of his. It was great. I was right upfront and he even pointed to me. Afterwords I got to see him up close when he was doing autographs but I didn't get a chance to sadly. I glad that I was able to go to it.

My first concert wasn't even too much a concert. It was three years ago when my dad took me to see Da Yoopers at a state fiarground. They're this wierd humor group that are similar to Jeff Foxworthy in the fact that they make fun of the less sophisticated side of life, except instead of targeting Southerners, they target residents of the Upper Pennisula of Michigan, or "Yoopers". Let's just say songs about diarreah, rusty Chevorlets and two-ton mosquitos were not what most of the audience had in mind when they sat down in the bleacher. I, in my high school freshman glory-- was singing along.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Well, when I was 2 and a year later when I was 3 I toured with Lallapalooza, so technically my first concerts were far before I can even remember. (My parents were working one of the stands. I actually have some very vague memories... and I got to hang out with Green Day :p )

The first one i went to while being able to understand my environment, though, was when I was 10 (10th b-Day in fact). It was the Big Day Off-fest (5 bands in the middle of Ozzfest stop to do another show). Twas Slipknot headlining, with Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Disturbed, and Mudvayne.

I didn't care about those last two, nor Papa Roach all that much, I reallt just wanted to see Linkin Park. My cousin, who was 13 and my best friend at the time, was there also, and he wanted to see Slipknot. I got new clothes, and went to the extreme - i wanted to have spikey blue hair. so i actually got my hair cut [i]and[/i] bleached, just so that i could through some gel in that turned my hair blue and spikey. I looked cool as hell, and adorable, and got tons of compliments, lol.

It was a great concert, and Slipknot was bloody amazing. with 9 people, they can really do whatever they want, lol.tons of flashiness, those awesome drumkits, the giant 666 lights and stuff, not to mention the guys jumping off 9 foot amps and running around the walkways of the place (it was an ampitheater, so the security was all pissed) it was generally cool. I didn't stand the whole time, in fact as one point i got so tired I was sitting with my ears covered, but somehow managed to still be having fun, lol. Good stuff.[/COLOR]