Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Who do you like better?  

30 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you like better?

    • Link
      16
    • Legolas
      14


Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Elfin_Girl [/i]
[B]Problem with the Biggoron Sword is that it frikin' breaks everytime you hit it against something that can't be killed. In my case, a wall. :D Hee...[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]You are confusing the Biggoron's Sword with the Giant's Knife. The Biggoron's Sword (which you get at the end of the trading sequence from Biggoron, for free) will not break, but the Giant's Knife (which you buy in Goron City from Medigoron, for 200 Rupees) will, from hiting a few solid things that aren't enemies.

Anyway, has anyone ever thought that Link could block Legolas's arrows with his shield? And have you noticed that Link's arrows always go straight, until they're out of sight? I don't think range would be a problem for Link. That, and you can't forget the Fire, Ice, and Light Arrows.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=indigo] It would have to be legolas. Hands down His archery is amazing. In hand-to-hand, well it's impossible to judge legolas 'cause he hasn't ever been in hand-to-hand.

But Legolas can eaisley notch off 4 arrows in one shot. I have my OWN short bow and i can notch off 2 arrows.... [/COLOR]
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest demimonkoumon
Posted
Who is Legalos???

[COLOR=limegreen][FONT=arial][SIZE=4][U][I][B]Link Rules!!![/B] [/I] [/U] [/SIZE] [/FONT] [/COLOR]

Legolas from lord of the rings???

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]combined and delted your posts--kuja[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[color=indigo]Yes, Legolas from the Lord of the Rings movie that came out in December.
Right now, I actually get to read The Lord of the Rings for school! :)

Btw, Legolas is supposed to have black hair, not blonde like in the movie.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Honestly, I loved Legolas' character in Lord of the Rings. I never read the books, so all I have to go on is what I saw in the movie. Honestly, I loved his skill with the bow, and his dual blades were a very sweet, and lethally nice touch.

As for Link. . well, I grew up with him. He is THE man. He has all you could want and then some more just for show (hey, that rhymed a bit. . sorry). He has a shield to block of course, his Master Sword is an unrivaled blade (I just wanted to say that). He has the boomerang, bombs, and then of course his bow and magical arrows.

Comparing him to Legolas is just not fair. . for Legolas. Consider all of what Link has done. . He has defeated Ganondorf countless times, saved villages, the people of Hyrule, and the Princess. Lest we forget the most important part of Link? He has part of the Tri-Force. . with that power, he has defeated all types of tests, obsticles, and evil spells and powers. Legolas has. . Ummm. .

All in all, of course I a huge Link fan. But clearly, because he is based off of a game, and has evolved through-out his gaming career, he recieved more weapons, and better items to aid him. As for Legolas, he was made much more realistic, and doesn't get a backpack that can carry 1,000 different items =P

Link is the badest of them all! . . and yet. . so good! ^_^[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
legolas hands down...when it comes to the movie against the game lets see link pull off a head shot from 200 yds on a shaking bridge with a balrog chasing him..
when it comes to the book against the game in the 2 towers legolas gunned down or stabbed 41 uruk hai in one night. lets see link pull that of he usually is 2 slow to kill 2 or 3 hobgoblins...
Guest Shift
Posted
I think that Limk would kick Legolas' [b]***[/b] cause he's got a sword 'sides the other weaposn he has *cough*Megaton Hammer*cough*~~~~~~~~~~(I love this symbol)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gundamcat17 [/i]
[B]legolas hands down...when it comes to the movie against the game lets see link pull off a head shot from 200 yds on a shaking bridge with a balrog chasing him..
when it comes to the book against the game in the 2 towers legolas gunned down or stabbed 41 uruk hai in one night. lets see link pull that of he usually is 2 slow to kill 2 or 3 hobgoblins... [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually....... he killed 40 orcs. He never fought the Uruh kai, and it was Gimli who killed 41.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gundamcat17 [/i]
[B]with a balrog chasing him..
[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Lets see Legolas beat Ganon, from Ocarina of Time...
You wouldn't see Link running from a Balrog, he'd stay and fight like Gandalf did... And woop the thing with his Light and Ice Arrows. Shadow and fire? No problem! :smirk:[/color]
Posted
Link is better. I like him because he has all that power to use. If he could combine all of the itmes he has no evil would even try to take over any place Link is. Link is awsome and he is the better of the two.
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
Legolas, totally. Im the biggest fan of Orlando Bloom and Legolas. Ive read the first book(not the hobbit) and half of the two towers, and Legolas has been my favorite the hole way. I like link, but on my opinion, Link doesnt stand a chance against my Hero!
Posted
Link all the way! Legolas might have an upper hand in combat skill, but Link can use the ultamate solution- Magic! A Light arrow could kick Legolas sorry behind any day!:D
Posted
I think you're forgeting 1 VERY IMPORTANT fact here- Link is INVINCIBLE! And you can't bite of an invincible persons head of because he's well...... INVINCIBLE!
Posted
[color=indigo]Okay, I think I will put aside my preference for Link, and try to take a look at the facts about the two characters.
And by the way, I'm an expert on the Zelda series and I've read all three books in The Lord of the Rings. I'm also currently reading the books again, and I just finished The Two Towers. Just so you know, I know what I'm talking about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Link has magic, yes. This does give him a big advantage, since he can make himself invincible for awhile using Nayru's Love. However, he doesn't have unlimited magic, so he wouldn't be able to use Nayru's Love for a long time. Legolas could run away, during that time. I don't think he would have much trouble getting away from Link, since Link has all that stuff to carry, while Legolas only has a bow and arrows, and a knife. On the other hand, Link also has a bow, and he could shoot Legolas while he's running. Legolas is fast, though, and could probably dodge Link's arrows.
Link has the advantage in close combat, having a sword and shield, so obviously Legolas isn't going to try and fight him up close. He's going to try to stay away, and use his bow. Link may not be able to run very fast, but it's been shown that he's good at dodging, as seen in Ocarina of Time with the Z Targeting. He can left left/right very quickly, roll forward, backflip, and duck, all very quickly. Also, he has a shield. Link could most likely dodge or block Legolas's arrows.
I don't think the rest of Link's items would help him very much, since he's got his sword for close range combat, and his bow is his best weapon for long range combat. And Legolas isn't going to try and fight Link, who has a sword, with his knife.

It seems that both of them have long range weapons, but they could probably both dodge the arrows. It seems that they are about equal when it comes to long range fighting.
Link has a sword and shield, and is good at close range combat. Legolas has a knife, which would be very effective against a sword and shield. Link has the advantage of close range combat.
Link has magic, but if he can't get close to Legolas, it's not going to do him much good. Legolas has the advantage of speed.
They both just wear a tunic or light shirt, neither of them really wear much armor. So neither of them have an advantage of better defense.

When it comes down to it, when they both run out of arrows, they'd have to fight in close. And Link has the advantage up close. This doesn't mean Link would win no matter what, though. Legolas is still pretty good with that knife. Still, it would be unlikely that Legolas would be able to win a close combat fight. His knife may be a long one, but it's not as long as a sword.
I won't even bring the Triforce into this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you can see, I've put considerable thought into this post. I've presented some facts, and assumptions, and they lean in Links favor. And you know what? I bet that this won't change the mind of anyone who thinks that Legolas would win. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I'm just presenting some facts and a few guesses based on those facts.
You're free to believe whatever you want, whether you think Legolas or Link would win. Personally, I think Link would. But, that's to be expected, since I love the Zelda series so much. What I said above is probably also a bit biased, since I'm the one saying it. But, I can't really help that.

I hope that everyone realizes just how silly this whole argument is, since they're both fictional characters... So, there's no way that you'd be able to find out who would win. It just depends on your personal preference.[/color]
Posted
Link vs. Legolas.....thats tough. They're both awesome. I guess it depends on the circumstances. Legolas uses an bow and Link uses, a sword bow bombs and many other things so on close combat Link would surly win but Distance battling is a good as a guess as any:laugh: :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Okay, I think I will put aside my preference for Link, and try to take a look at the facts about the two characters.
And by the way, I'm an expert on the Zelda series and I've read all three books in The Lord of the Rings. I'm also currently reading the books again, and I just finished The Two Towers. Just so you know, I know what I'm talking about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Link has magic, yes. This does give him a big advantage, since he can make himself invincible for awhile using Nayru's Love. However, he doesn't have unlimited magic, so he wouldn't be able to use Nayru's Love for a long time. Legolas could run away, during that time. I don't think he would have much trouble getting away from Link, since Link has all that stuff to carry, while Legolas only has a bow and arrows, and a knife. On the other hand, Link also has a bow, and he could shoot Legolas while he's running. Legolas is fast, though, and could probably dodge Link's arrows.
Link has the advantage in close combat, having a sword and shield, so obviously Legolas isn't going to try and fight him up close. He's going to try to stay away, and use his bow. Link may not be able to run very fast, but it's been shown that he's good at dodging, as seen in Ocarina of Time with the Z Targeting. He can left left/right very quickly, roll forward, backflip, and duck, all very quickly. Also, he has a shield. Link could most likely dodge or block Legolas's arrows.
I don't think the rest of Link's items would help him very much, since he's got his sword for close range combat, and his bow is his best weapon for long range combat. And Legolas isn't going to try and fight Link, who has a sword, with his knife.

It seems that both of them have long range weapons, but they could probably both dodge the arrows. It seems that they are about equal when it comes to long range fighting.
Link has a sword and shield, and is good at close range combat. Legolas has a knife, which would be very effective against a sword and shield. Link has the advantage of close range combat.
Link has magic, but if he can't get close to Legolas, it's not going to do him much good. Legolas has the advantage of speed.
They both just wear a tunic or light shirt, neither of them really wear much armor. So neither of them have an advantage of better defense.

When it comes down to it, when they both run out of arrows, they'd have to fight in close. And Link has the advantage up close. This doesn't mean Link would win no matter what, though. Legolas is still pretty good with that knife. Still, it would be unlikely that Legolas would be able to win a close combat fight. His knife may be a long one, but it's not as long as a sword.
I won't even bring the Triforce into this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you can see, I've put considerable thought into this post. I've presented some facts, and assumptions, and they lean in Links favor. And you know what? I bet that this won't change the mind of anyone who thinks that Legolas would win. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I'm just presenting some facts and a few guesses based on those facts.
You're free to believe whatever you want, whether you think Legolas or Link would win. Personally, I think Link would. But, that's to be expected, since I love the Zelda series so much. What I said above is probably also a bit biased, since I'm the one saying it. But, I can't really help that.

I hope that everyone realizes just how silly this whole argument is, since they're both fictional characters... So, there's no way that you'd be able to find out who would win. It just depends on your personal preference.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]\

tou metioned Legoes running away while link has nayrus love,right?well he could use the long shot to pull him in and slash
him.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...