OtakuBoards

Veggys

Lassoam

Yeah.... i know you're wondering what exactly does "veggys" have to do with Dragonball Z and so forth. Well i wanted to ask a stupid question..... are their names supposed to all be like veggys? like Piccolo = pickle, Kakarott = carrot, Raditz = Radish, Vegita = Veggy etc....? haha oooooh yes :help:

Guest Saiyaman
Well the english names are like vegetaibles but that doesn't mean the japanese were. Sometimes japanese people call Vegeta "Begeta". It is sad how Young Goku fought Musicnamed people. I mean come on! Drum!? It is sad really.

[b]HEY! Who said Akira Toriyama didn't know English?! Maybe he used english random words as a puns and just japanesiated (sorry if that offended anyone) the words, so they could be pronounced.

The saiyans were more or less vegetables..or food, etc. (Gohan is fried rice?)
The ginyu force were all dairy products
Picollo's brothers are all instruments
uh...Bibidi, Babidi, Buu...cinderella :rolleyes:
aw heck..they're all at theotaku.com/dragonball :D[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyaman [/i]
[B]Well the english names are like vegetaibles but that doesn't mean the japanese were. Sometimes japanese people call Vegeta "Begeta". It is sad how Young Goku fought Musicnamed people. I mean come on! Drum!? It is sad really. [/B][/QUOTE]

Bejita is just the Japanese way of saying Vegita... simply because the Japanese language has no sound for "V" so they use B instead... sounded out, it's the same... written it is also the same, since it is written in Katakana, Be is translated as Ve... Ji is tranlated as Ge and Ta remains the same...

Akira Toriyama is simple using puns, which means a play on words, for the names of the Saiya-jins... it's for humor purposes... which there is alot of in DBZ.... the show and manga were originally a comedy... mixed with Action... DBZ became more action than DB, but still retained the comedy aspect it was originally meant for.

he names alot of things after foods for some reason..

Guest Saiyaman
But Vegetibles are Plants. Just like you can eat them. You grow them from the ground like plants, Treat them the same way it just depands if they end up in your garden or stomuch.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Bejita is just the Japanese way of saying Vegita... simply because the Japanese language has no sound for "V" so they use B instead... sounded out, it's the same... written it is also the same, since it is written in Katakana, Be is translated as Ve... Ji is tranlated as Ge and Ta remains the same...

Akira Toriyama is simple using puns, which means a play on words, for the names of the Saiya-jins... it's for humor purposes... which there is alot of in DBZ.... the show and manga were originally a comedy... mixed with Action... DBZ became more action than DB, but still retained the comedy aspect it was originally meant for.

he names alot of things after foods for some reason.. [/B][/QUOTE]

And once again I am corrected.

mayb akira-san is hungry a lot? :babble:
don't forget kamesennin's turtle wave, baby gamela, and the flying nimbus.
or that nameks r all named after gastropods (except piccolo and kami)-dende, nail, cargo, lord slug :D

[B]

[/B][/QUOTE]

[b]That's what I meant!

*does a jig*

I'm right, y'all wrong! :p

(hehe...joking, joking..)[/b]

Guest Saiyaman
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B]

[b]That's what I meant!

*does a jig*

I'm right, y'all wrong! :p

(hehe...joking, joking..)[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

You can't ever make sense can you?

All of you are spamming!!! Now can we please get back on topic?!
[B]he names alot of things after foods for some reason.. [/B][/QUOTE]
I guess because he likes to eat, LOL.

Also, I am trying to show you a long list of those name puns. [url]http://www.geocities.com/gginfosite/humor3.html[/url]
Check them out, some are kind of funny, like Ch-Chi. LOL, it means....com'n, just check the link!!!!!!

Guest Saiyaman
TN. I relized about what you said. But this I don't get. If DBZ wasn't as much comedy how come all the saiya-jins were named after veggys but in DB there was only goku? So you mean the funny show got more serious yet more comedy??

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyaman [/i]
[B]TN. I relized about what you said. But this I don't get. If DBZ wasn't as much comedy how come all the saiya-jins were named after veggys but in DB there was only goku? So you mean the funny show got more serious yet more comedy?? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, DB was a comedy mixed with action... in DBs case, there was a lot more comedy written in, than in DBZ's case... And DBZ is Action mixed with Comedy.. the action is the prodominate feature in DBZ, comedy is just another aspect of it, just not a dominate... It wasn't less funny so to say.... just the comedy aspect wasn't the lead feature as it was, in most cases, in DB.

Guest BulmaVegeta1
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PRINCE_VEGETA [/i]
[B]Why the hell are u going around making funn of people

:mad: :mad: [/B][/QUOTE]
Don't mind him, Vegeta. He just has a few "mental" problems.:laugh: