Aberinkula Posted June 12, 2007 Posted June 12, 2007 [I][COLOR=Navy]Now a days anime has been a big hit. From Japan to America, anime has hit waves across the globe. The Fuse channel is getting anime onto it. They are showing Ergo Proxy, and Tenjou Tenge, which I have never seen. So now I will be watching it. I had read the Naruto manga in Shonen Jump, and just when I started to read those things, they've popped up on TV. I read a preview for the anime in Shonen Jump "bleach", now it's on cartoonnetwork and I've been watching. So it's safe to say, anime is absorbing all of our TV. Now Sci-fi has anime for god's sake! So what are you thoughts? Do you think anime in America has been great, or has it sapped the fun out of the anime tree? For me I love anime. I've watched anime since I was 5 and I've enjoyed every sow I've come to watch. I miss a lot of them. My favorite anime that I've seen that aren't around anymore are NGE, Gundam and Ronin Wrriors. Now the anime around has lost it's touch. But I'll be happpy watching the new shows on Fuse and Sci-Fi. I'll be the judge of them![/COLOR][/I]
2010DigitalBoy Posted June 12, 2007 Posted June 12, 2007 [COLOR=DarkOrange]First, Prem, ugh. Just ugh >_< Anyhow, considering that most of us would have never heard of anime if it hadn't been on TV for so long, we really have no right to complain about any of it. I am always happy to see more anime fans, and I fully endorse the concept of adding it to more channels, especially since most of those shows are on DVDs that I can't afford XD. So, yeah, only fools would complain.[/COLOR]
Ikillion Posted June 12, 2007 Posted June 12, 2007 [COLOR=#5d0b08][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Welcome to the business world my friend. Its all a thing known as supply and demand.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Aberinkula Posted June 12, 2007 Author Posted June 12, 2007 [QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#5d0b08][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Welcome to the business world my friend. Its all a thing known as supply and demand.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [COLOR=Navy]That is correct. If people want it more and they don't get it, when they do get it, it's complete chaos. People who get what they want after waiting for so long will be so hyped after they get it.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy][B]P.S. First, DB, ugh Just ugh. :p [/B] [/COLOR]
Tibby Posted June 12, 2007 Posted June 12, 2007 I think some anime is good, and it's also good that it's been offered on the television for people who otherwise can't afford it. It's always good to be exposed to a variety of things! However, it would be bad if anime completely took over! I've seen people who's lives were completely taken over by anime, to the point that they were depressed that they were white Americans and not Japanese, and they would only date asians. Most asians don't want to date white people, so that leads to more depression. So, anime in moderation = good. Anime taking over = bad!
Rachmaninoff Posted June 12, 2007 Posted June 12, 2007 [QUOTE=Premonition][I][COLOR=Navy]So it's safe to say, anime is absorbing all of our TV. Now Sci-fi has anime for god's sake! So what are you thoughts? Do you think anime in America has been great, or has it sapped the fun out of the anime tree? For me I love anime. I've watched anime since I was 5 and I've enjoyed every sow I've come to watch. I miss a lot of them. My favorite anime that I've seen that aren't around anymore are NGE, Gundam and Ronin Wrriors. Now the anime around has lost it's touch. But I'll be happpy watching the new shows on Fuse and Sci-Fi. I'll be the judge of them![/COLOR][/I][/QUOTE]Actually I think it's safe to say that thinking anime is 'absorbing' TV as you put it is an exaggeration. lol Honestly take a look at the programming on most channels and you'll find that most have less than one percent of their time dedicated to anime and most don't even show it at all. Anime hasn't lost it's touch, if anything with improved dubbing and better translations anime is better than it use to be. It has increased as far as shows being aired, but hardly to the point where it could even be considered as taking over.
Kredion_Akima Posted June 12, 2007 Posted June 12, 2007 Yeah but that being said about 10 years ago all we had was the real hardcore anime in american and i hate to say it but some of the excess stuff as floated over i mean look at Kirby that used to be on the fox box for Cristos sake. On saturdays there is a big influx of anime but te rest of the week not so much exceptions being cartoon network and a few other channels. and i don't know about you but i rather watch anime then a bunch of old crones talking about what regis deceid to wear last night....*slips out of rant mode* Opps i guess i went a little crazy.....
Sasori Posted June 13, 2007 Posted June 13, 2007 Well, let's see. I like anime, and anime is becoming more commonplace and popular, little by little. Nothing to complain about there folks! :catgirl: I do find it funny that so much of the Saturday morning cartoons kids in the US watch are anime dubs. Horrible dubs, but still anime. That breeds future fans, which is sweet.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now