Jump to content
OtakuBoards

devil may or may not cry


Recommended Posts

Guest QuickSilver
Posted
in my oppinion devil may cry is the best game out for the ps2. i give it 9/10. the only problem with the game is, it is broken down into missions. i want to know what everyone else thinks of the game.
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
i think you should buy it because its worth every penny but ffx is going to be a brilliant game.
Posted
While Devil May Cry is a wonderful example of what the Playstation 2 can do technilogically when in the right hands, it is in no way innovative. I feel that that is the game's biggest flaw besides the sub par voice acting. Don't get me wrong, I think the game deserves accolade,and is brilliant in how it is brought together. However, I beat it in six hours and haven't played it since. I believe that something along the lines of Grand Theft Auto 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, or Final Fantasy X are superior products due to deeper gameplay.
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
i agree that grand theft auto 3 is also a brilliant game and mgs2 and ffx are also most probaly good games to but they are not released in the uk yet so i think that devil may cry and grand theft auto 3 are a joint no1 on ps2 so far.
Posted
This makes a lot more sense now. Trust me, when you play some of the other titles soon to be released for you, Devil May Cry will lose some of it's flash. Just a little though.
Posted
[SIZE=1]I really don't feel like buying it now... I hate games that just sit there... I don't actually have [i]any[/i] PS2 games yet, but I am sure AirBlade and FFX will be them :)

(Forgot, still want Tekken Tag :p)[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]I believe that something along the lines of Grand Theft Auto 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, or Final Fantasy X are superior products due to deeper gameplay. [/B][/QUOTE]
I totally back you up on this one. Those games are better than Devil may Cry, i think, but it is still way up there. It seems like a great game and I hav gotten many good complements about it. In the end, i barely picked that i wanted gta3 more than devil may cry.

LOL, listen to this. I hav a friend who got it for christmas. He is not alowed to play it. Because...................................it has the devil in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted
Wow, I didn't even think it was supposed to be THE devil you fight in the game. I thought it was just A devil. Same difference I suppose. Good move getting GTA3 because I heard that they will stop manufacturing the game due to complaints on content. If this is true, you might not be able to find it much longer....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]While Devil May Cry is a wonderful example of what the Playstation 2 can do technilogically when in the right hands, it is in no way innovative. I feel that that is the game's biggest flaw besides the sub par voice acting. Don't get me wrong, I think the game deserves accolade,and is brilliant in how it is brought together. However, I beat it in six hours and haven't played it since. I believe that something along the lines of Grand Theft Auto 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, or Final Fantasy X are superior products due to deeper gameplay. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I think that DMC is innovative in terms of its controls and movement systems...you can see that Capcom has focused the game on these areas -- in an effort to create a very arcade-style "twitch" video game.

I'm happy about this return to old-school values in game design. Games like Super Monkey Ball, which only use the GCN's analog stick...yet are very deep and engaging, are absolutely brilliant. This is where games need to focus their energies -- fantastic control and addictive gameplay.

I personally recommend DMC, but I agree with CWB in the sense that FFX and MGS2 are superior titles.[/size]
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
at least someone agrees with me
Posted
Devil May Cry is an awesome game, but u're better off saving your money for FFx. DMC can be beaten in a rental, heh I only got to stage 17 or so, but I had school ><. Anyway it'd take a lot more time and rushing to beat FFx in one rental. It is very fun tho, heh just walking into a room and beating the crap out of a buncha marionettes with your sword and gun is fun as hell. The voice acting DOES suck, and the story's weird. You see that blonde chick in the intro and then......15 stages later you see her again, heh and still doesn't explain squat >=(. Ah forget renting, heh just borrow from a friend, heh duh that's always easier.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]You see that blonde chick in the intro and then......15 stages later you see her again, heh and still doesn't explain squat >=(. Ah forget renting, heh just borrow from a friend, heh duh that's always easier. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, Trish's story is explained. I won't post any spoilers here, but if you truly did beat the game, you'd know why Dane places his trust in her.

Anyway Super Goku, almost everyone agrees that the game is exceptional and very well done. Some of us just feel that there are some games out there that are executed just a tad better.
Posted
I see your point. She really does disappear for quite a bit. However, her role towards the end of the game will be a major one. What realy stinks is that you can't play as her as a hidden character.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Wow, I didn't even think it was supposed to be THE devil you fight in the game. I thought it was just A devil. Same difference I suppose. Good move getting GTA3 because I heard that they will stop manufacturing the game due to complaints on content. If this is true, you might not be able to find it much longer.... [/B][/QUOTE]
heh, funny story. I PICKED it, i just havn't gotten it yet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...