OtakuBoards

Why are women so confusing?

PieFlavoredPie

Yesterday, i hung out with this girl i like. I went over to her house, we watched a movie she liked, went bike riding, and i invited her over to my house, and we watched yet another movie! All while she's wearing not much [although she never really shows off like that in school...]

Yet, she likes another guy. A guy who doesn't seem to return these feelings. Yet she seems to desperately want a boyfriend, and i'm unsure what the crap to do.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']Women are irrational, that's all there is to that. Their heads are full of cotton, hay, and rags![/color][/quote][color=#ff2200]Nerdsy. I love you, but I [i]will[/i] kill you.

Pie?women aren't confusing. People are confusing.

Maybe she likes you. It's possible for people to like more than one person at a time. You can ask if she'd be interested in dating. Maybe she will be, maybe she won't be. Maybe she's hanging out on a Harry Potter message board, asking why guys are so confusing and saying how she hangs out with this person all the time, but he doesn't seem interested in her, and she's not sure if she should persue a relationship.

I don't know. I've never met you, or her. But [i]people[/i] are confusing. It's not a gender-specific thing.[/color]

[COLOR=Magenta]We are so not. Actually, we're only confusing 'cause you guys think that we are. You just just can't grasp the part where we like you and yet some of you are too dumb to figure it out so you don't like us even if we are hot.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sara][color=#ff2200']Pie?women aren't confusing. People are confusing.[/color][/quote]
[size=1]For a second I thought this thread was about [i]pie-people[/i]. Don't scare me like that!

Anyway. It seems like this girl is using you to boost her self-confidence after this other guy destroyed it. There's nothing wrong with being the 'nice guy' but at such a young age the girls are bound to go for the less stable, jerk-types.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I'll give you the same quote I give to all my friends having girl troubles.

"Now, we know that "time is money", so we substitute:
Women = Money x Money ------> rewrite to : Women = (Money)^2
Now, we know that "money is the root of all evil", so we substitute:
Women = [(evil)^1/2]^2
The square roots and the squared cancel each other out, leaving us with :
Women = Evil"

But seriously, I've heard this story before. Nice guy likes girl, girls like another guy, the other guy is a possible jerk to girl, but girl still goes after possible jerk. If this is true for you, the girl has her mind set on possible jerk. Girl wants nice guy around as something to fall on when shot down by possible jerk. You might have to call out the girl on this and stand your ground. Chicks dig that. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Sara][color=#ff2200]Nerdsy. I love you, but I [i]will[/i'] kill you.[/color][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just posting the theories of the right honorable Henry Higgins in order to make sure as many perspectives are considered as possbile. I feel misogynists should have a voice too!

[spoiler]*hides*[/spoiler][/color]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]For a second I thought this thread was about [i]pie-people[/i]. Don't scare me like that!

Anyway. It seems like this girl is using you to boost her self-confidence after this other guy destroyed it. There's nothing wrong with being the 'nice guy' but at such a young age the girls are bound to go for the less stable, jerk-types.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE][color=#ff2200]Pie-people are no less complicated than other people. Do you think it's easy trying to figure out if a rhubarb pie likes you? It's [i]extremely difficult[/i]. There are all kinds of things to consider! Filling (regular rhubarb or [i]strawberry[/i] rhubarb?), crust (open top? Closed top? [i]Woven[/i] top? Graham cracker? Standard pastry?), existence (or not) of whipped cream....

Pie-people are [i]very[/i] complicated.

On a more serious note:[/color]

[QUOTE=desertphoenix][COLOR=DarkRed]I'll give you the same quote I give to all my friends having girl troubles.

"Now, we know that "time is money", so we substitute:
Women = Money x Money ------> rewrite to : Women = (Money)^2
Now, we know that "money is the root of all evil", so we substitute:
Women = [(evil)^1/2]^2
The square roots and the squared cancel each other out, leaving us with :
Women = Evil" [/COLOR][/QUOTE][color=#ff2200]This "proof" is sexist and flawed... and really not all that funny in the first place. The world will be a better place when people stop posting it.[/color][quote]I have a problem with your logic here:

You've established a mathematical equation of women's needs (women REQUIRE time and money) and their essential nature (women EQUAL time and money).

What someone equals (i.e. who you are) has nothing at all to do with what you need (to be happy/healthy/productive/etc). One may enable the other but they are very different things.

Anyway, don't men need time and money as well?[/quote]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]For a second I thought this thread was about [i]pie-people[/i]. Don't scare me like that!

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

Honestly? I don't think he's a jerk. I don't know that much about him, but going on her ex-boyfriend and the guy she liked beforehand, they both weren't jerks.

[COLOR=DarkRed]I know I'm the last person that should ever criticize grammar, but when you see "Pie-people... " instead of " Pie, people...", it really throws things out of whack... a lot. Nerdsy beat me to it, a while ago...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Edit: Yes the "proof" is in bad taste, but political correctness is never the concern of an irrational heart-broken friend. It worked for a few of my friends, but I am wrong to assume others would find it funny.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=PieFlavoredPie]Yesterday, i hung out with this girl i like. I went over to her house, we watched a movie she liked, went bike riding, and i invited her over to my house, and we watched yet another movie! All while she's wearing not much [although she never really shows off like that in school...]

Yet, she likes another guy. A guy who doesn't seem to return these feelings. Yet she seems to desperately want a boyfriend, and i'm unsure what the crap to do.[/QUOTE]
Uh oh! You're in the "friend zone!"

Guest Copycatalyst
Women are confusing because half the time they're neurotic erotic little barbie dolls of plasticine. Men are confusing because half the time they're robotic erotic little blow-up dolls of polyethylene. A woman was made, naturalistically, to confuse you, and you were built naturalistically to be the confuser of her. Most men and women let their genes and their natural instincts completely control their relationship. It's never anything more than just what it was for a man going out to hunt for the woman and the woman staying with the baby. Except now sometimes the man is staying with the baby. Or the baby is in a day care and the mom and dad are both out hunting for paper confetti slips. Women are confusing because they appeal to a lack of reason and rationality in most of their decisions; and merely rely on the guilesomeness of the physical bounties they've been given in order to seduce. It's really just an egocentric fashioning of their own inability to go beyond emotion and beyond being a little doll to provoke the statuemen. Homosexuals are hated in our society because they're outside the gender stereotyping and the various socio-naturalistic instincts that come into play when a man and a woman fall in love. It reminds me of Neo, always, and how he chose the door to go to trinity rather than right to the source. That's it right there. The type of love we have is only "homonuclear diatomic," which means it's only usually between two people--we reserve all our love for only one person then say we're good this and that when love is really universal and someone like me gives it to every single person he walks by, usually never to receive it on the other hand because people are schismatic fools. The type of love we still have, that of a man between a woman, or of one person to another, is only separating us even more. The fact that we say we are families and they're all different and not of the human family, again, is only separating us more. This is what Jesus was talking of, and what any knowing person has been talking of. It's what Lennon meant in his "Imagine" song--for the world to let go of its illusions and truly become in harmony. We let ourselves have faction-fraction harmony which endlessly separates us. I wonder when we'll finally quit being fools? Probably when the last man on Earth fades away in a wash of blood and has the thought, as his mind is rushing, and the realization--that we are all human beings and we should all love the same amounts, not in reserve to a few for the sake of most not getting that all of our love.

[quote name='Charles']Uh oh! You're in the "friend zone!"[/quote]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Yeah man, you're ******. The Friend Zone is like a blackhole, short of reaching the speed of light and gaining infinite mass you're never getting out.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Yeah man, you're ******. The Friend Zone is like a blackhole, short of reaching the speedlight of gaining infinite mass you're never getting out.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

Do you think that she could be using the OP to make the other guy jealous?

[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]There's a good chance. If she starts leaving suspicious hickies (or instructs you to apply a vacuum cleaner to your throat) but never follows up with... [i]The Goods[/i] be afraid Piedude. Be very afraid.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Yeah man, you're ******. The Friend Zone is like a blackhole, short of reaching the speedlight of gaining infinite mass you're never getting out.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Disclamer in place, because I'm afraid now.

Ah the dreaded friend-zone. It's like applying to a job, then the employer rejecting you and saying, "you meet the characteristics of a good employee, but we will not hire you. In fact, we will never hire you. We will though use your application as a high bar for future employees to stride for, but probably never achieve. We will call you from time to time to tell you how well our business is doing and keep you updated on our current employee of the month".

.....I think I'm growing bitter.[/COLOR]

Guest Copycatalyst
[QUOTE=AJeh][size=1]
I just dont understand how a woman could ever turn down pie. It's [i]pie[/i] for God's sake. Therefore, women [i]are[/i] confusing.[/size][/QUOTE]

I would eat 3.14, personally.

Now, to completely kill this thread.

Quit talking like ape-men. Women are a certain way because that's what they are, but we can look past it now. We're at the point in our evolution as humans where we know the values we've had in the past aren't the ones we have now. Which is to say, you don't need to down-talk women and women don't need to down-talk men. I'm tired of it and it's a stupid little game and everyone, you're not doing anything by doing it other than being a jackass to women and cute to your fellow men. So stop the little facade and little charade and just accept things as they are and become more than merely what your instincts and your interred values, remnants of your past evolution, tell you to be. Thank you. Otherwise kindly, please shut the **** up.

[quote name='PieFlavoredPie']I doubt i'm in the friend zone. Her best friend became one of the guys she liked, for one. Secondly, i'm not particularly good friends with her [we talk in school sometimes and stuff, so that's about it][/quote]

Maybe she feels that you're "safe" though and that's why she wants to be around you. You have to make a move of some sort here to establish where you stand.

[quote name='Charles']Maybe she feels that you're "safe" though and that's why she wants to be around you. You have to make a move of some sort here to establish where you stand.[/quote]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Flopping your penis out in casual conversation is a good start. When she asks? "Oh that? That's my penis. I hope you two will become great friends, over time." Success rate? 99.9999%[/font][/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]This just in: Girls like attention. You're giving her attention. Most girls do not know how to say no when a guy hangs out with them a lot because they like it. Then again, maybe she does actually like you.
Since my experience with this kind of thing has never turned out well, I won't give advice...

but I hate girls. They're confusing. Like me.[/COLOR][/SIZE]