OtakuBoards

Pok

2010DigitalBoy

[color=darkorange]Oi, so my brother just picked up battle rev. for the Nintendo Wii, and oretty much it's been disappointing. Basically, the concept is sort of like the old pokemon stadium games, only this time it doens't een let you choose from all the diifferent Pokemon. They've got like 10 preset teams of 'rental' Pokemon you can go into battle with, but you can't form your own team, which sucks hard.

Basically the only reason to play this game is to have your Diamond and Pearl Pokemon on the game - the regular battles are easy and pretty boring, so really the only enjoyment is battling others through wi-fi, thoug even that doesn't take long to get boring.

My brother had this to say - "I've already been playing with these Pokemon all this time on the DS, and I'm bored of them at this point. I wanted to use Pokemon I don't have."[/color]

I'm not really suprised that Battle Rev. is a disappointment. I learned after Stadium to stay away from the console Pokemon games and stick with the handheld versions mainly because I prefer the RPGs. I picked up the first of the Gamecube ones because they included an RPG element but it was very watered down and didn't have the depth that the handheld ones do. I didn't even try getting the second gamecube one since a friend told me it was similar in style to the first one for the RPG.

However I guess some people enjoy the battles themselves and I guess the reason they'd get something like stadium, coliseum or Battle Rev. is so that they can fight it out in 3D with the pokemon they've worked hard to raise.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Yeeeah, for the most part, the only reason I would get this is to view my party in 3D... :S

But since I could battle anybody in the world through my DS, this game isn't really on my Hit List.

But then again, I don't even have a Wii, so whatever. lmao[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Meggido']I'm not really suprised that Battle Rev. is a disappointment. I learned after Stadium to stay away from the console Pokemon games and stick with the handheld versions mainly because I prefer the RPGs. I picked up the first of the Gamecube ones because they included an RPG element but it was very watered down and didn't have the depth that the handheld ones do. I didn't even try getting the second gamecube one since a friend told me it was similar in style to the first one for the RPG.

However I guess some people enjoy the battles themselves and I guess the reason they'd get something like stadium, coliseum or Battle Rev. is so that they can fight it out in 3D with the pokemon they've worked hard to raise.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I recommend the 2nd GCN one. It's pretty disappointing that there still aren't any routes, but you can actually catch wild pokemon, there are plenty of shadow pokemon to snag, and best of all, the shadow pokemon can learn more than just the one move that causes recoil.

On that note, they nixed the whole thing for Battle Rev? Nintendo, I'm disappointed.

Played it for a bit because my friend had it one time.

To me, it just seems like a D/P version of Pokemon Stadium. Most of the time, I just clicked one or two buttons the entire time, while hearing the redundant yelling of the NPC announcer.

"RIPPED BY ROAR OF TIME!!!"

or...

"SINGED BY FLAMETHROWER!!"

I can't say I really enjoyed it. I admit, I was somewhat impressed by some of the graphics, but other than that,.... No, I didn't care for it.