OtakuBoards

Keep the Ball Rolling (A DB and Prem work) [PG possible M - VL possible S]

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][CENTER][I]This is a story about two guys. One might have called them unlikely heroes, but in the world of stories they are probably just the guys you would expect. This particular tale is of one of their biggest adventures, not to mention their first. The story took place over the course a year of the young men?s lives - a year that would prove a pivotal point not only in their own lives, but in the lives of everyone around the world.[/I]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/Keeptheballrollingch1.jpg[/IMG]

[B]CHAPTER ONE[/B]: Distressor[/CENTER]

[I]?Right in the neck?? [/I]Every ounce of Joe Haughm?s mind was poured into careful concentration. He kept his breathing steady - his eye trained on the target. [I]Take your time, but don?t hesitate?[/I] his finger was beginning to tighten. His long, wavy brown hair was pulled back but it still managed to get on his nerves. There was in itch square in the center of his scalp that positively begged for attention, but he put effort into ignoring it.

[B][I]?Now!?[/I][/B] Like a bolt of lightning, a crack resounded across the skies about the heights of the cliff on which Joe lay. His hit was confirmed by a spray of blood pulsing from the now-deceased neck of his victim. The large blue beast fell to the ground; it?s death cry inaudible to Joe at such a distance. After reloading, Joe took to the scope of his rifle once more, surveying the forested valley a hundred or so feet below until he found a suitable target.

[B][I]?Oi.?[/I][/B] Another of the species of blue beasts was approaching the carcass of it?s fallen brother. This one was smaller - it resembled a sort of hybrid of raccoon and ape. The frame of it?s body was like that of a primate, but it had the face and claws of a rodent. Long arms and fangs were also qualities known to these beasts. Unlike most creatures, their brain was located in their short, fat neck. To other predators, the thick skin of their necks was impenetrable, but a sniper bullet made easy work of these things.

[I]?Wouldn?t want to leave orphans?? [/I]Joe took careful aim at this beast who was thankfully moving a lot less than the last one. Within seconds of targeting he pulled the trigger, watching the best die instantly as the bullet shot right through it?s neck. Joe rose to his feet, dusting off his long shorts and jacket. He picked up his water bottle and took apart the rifle then proceeded down the path to the bottom of the cliff.

[I]?I still need to catch dinner??[/I] Joe knew well enough that there was no way he?d be able to get to the blue creatures in time - this area was rife with scavengers from the earth and sky. It was usually a miracle to catch a meal and actually get to eat it yourself. As he followed his usual path through the forest, he pulled his handgun from it?s holster and released the safety. Without any hesitation or stopping on his way he let off a shot into the canopy of a large tree along the path. Seconds later a large bird fell through the air and landed right in front of him, minus it?s head. Joe carefully took the beast into his arms and continued the short walk back to his village.

The longer he continued, the larger the trees surrounding his path were. Eventually he was walking between trunks so gargantuan that their first branches sprung out up to a hundred feet in the air. Minutes later there were trees with wooden stairways spiraling around their trunks. Finally Joe took to a particular staircase and began his ascent. Forty feet above the ground a wooden cottage had been built onto the trunk of the tree. A sign on the door read [U]?Joe?s Place.? [/U]He strode inside.

[I]12:34... I can?t get bored this early?[/I] Joe yawned as he glared at the clock and took a bite out of the now baked breast of his kill. [I]Guess I better go find Desmond[/I]. Joe put the rest of the bird in the refrigerator and slipped on his shoes, heading outside. From the top of his stairway he could see the children of the village now awake, playing in the grass below. Ugh. I?ll have to run for it. Quickly he dashed down the stairs at top speed and made a mad run across the open area.

[B]?It?s an old kid! Get him!?[/B] Hollered a chubby kid, his finger directed at the teenager. [I]****![/I] Immediately battle calls of a dozen children blast into the air as they made quick work of procuring weapons in the form of sticks on the ground.

[B]?Get hiiiiiiiiim!!!!!? [/B]several called at once. The little bastards were fast!

[B]?Knock it off!?[/B] Joe hollered back. Desmond?s house was just ahead - he hurried to the stairs and started climbing as fast as he could.

[B]?Wuss! Come back here!?[/B] One of the older kids called out.

[B]?Running to Desmond?s house like always. I bet you wanna kiiiiiiiiiiiiisss hiiiiim!? [/B]

[B]?Oh, you little bastard!? [/B]Joe took a few steps down to the ground and scooped up a rock, chucking it at the child. The rock soared through the air at high speed and missed the kid?s head by a mere inch.

[B]?Run away! Run away!?[/B]

[B]?Who?s the wuss now?!?[/B] Joe laughed as the children scampered off and returned to their games. [B][I]?Damn kids?? [/I][/B]Joe turned back to the stairs and resumed his journey to his friends house. Knowing Desmond, he was probably still asleep at this time.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple]Desmond was still sleeping, when a knock came from the door. Desmond, who was a light sleeper, woke up. He staggered to the door and opened it. He looked up and down at the body standing before him. [B]"Hey Joe." [/B]Desmond said. his black hair was a mess, and his clothes were riddled with wrinkles. Joe gave him a look. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple][B]"You look ready for the day!"[/B] Joe said. Desmond looked at him then walked back into his house. [B]"So what are you going to do today?"[/B] Joe asked.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple][B]"I don't really know, I might to hunting. I might not. Either way; it doesn't matter." [/B]Desmond walked to the kitchen sink, he picked up a comb that was set down on the counter. Joe looked at his counter, dirt everywhere.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple][B]"Don't you clean this place?"[/B] Joe asked. Desmond shook his head. He moaned.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple][B]"I don't complain that your house is dirty, do I?" [/B]Desmond asked. Joe sighed loudly.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple][B]"Probably because... you never go to my house!" [/B]Joe hollered. Desmond smiled.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple][B]"Exactly my point!"[/B] Desmond chuckled. Joe was practically twitching. [I]Exactly!!!![/I] Joe thought to himself. Desmond twirled around, he did a few disco moves then sat near the table. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple][B]"WOW! Nice moves Desmond!"[/B] Joe said sarcastically. Desmond stuck his tongue out at Joe. [B]"Okay look, how can you be giddy after what we on a few days ago? She has moved and she won't be coming back... ever."[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple]Desmond's face turned sad and cold. [B]"Delila, I'll miss her. But that's n excuse for not being happy. I know she was the one that saved me a few years back, but just being sad won't help."[/B] [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple]Delila was an old friend of Desmond's. When he was mauled by a monster in the wild, she saved him. Soon after, they became friends, and their relationship grew into something bigger. Then out of nowhere and for no reason she had to move. After heart filled goodbyes, Desmond swore that he'd fight for her, and hope that he'd meet her again someday.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple][B]"Well, besides, I still think of her, hell I'm almost always thinking about her. you've known me for how long Joe?"[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple][B]"A few years I guess. But even though it's been a few years, your still a goof-ball, so nothing has changed much. well, your not the only one who's had a girlfriend that has moved, so they must feel your pain as well, right?"[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=purple][B]"I guess Joe."[/B] Desmond said softly.[B] "I guess so..."[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][SIZE=1]((OoC:Well, your turn DB.))[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]