OtakuBoards

Dead Diaries

Zen

[SIZE=1][B][U]16Dec07[/B][/U]

yay, I got a shower today and I feel good. It was weird when Ash came in on me while I was getting clean and she started to fuck me right then and there, to make things more akward my older brother walked in on us. Nonetheless it was a good one, plus I smell great afterwards instead of smelling like sweat and testosterone. =)

nothing really happened or anything I saw happen on the account that we were speeding again, hit a few bodies, but nothing else. wow. about three months ago this city was full of life and rude egotisical people, but now it's got no life and mindless / motorless zombies. I hope they find a cure for this thing.

[B][U]17Dec07[/B][/U]

[B][U] HOLY BULLSHIT.[/B][/U] the place is crawling with them. I almost ran out of ammo today trying to cover Ashleigh as she went hunting for provisions, so I went in with my katana and started to get all kill bill on them and it worked, except for the fact that I would of gotten through them faster if the fucking nypd wasnt shooting at us.

now my car's full of bullet holes (I'm so fucking mad right now that the adrniline by itself could kill someone), so I have to find a new car I hope they have have a dealership (preferrably porsche) around here. I passed by a bunch of people getting out of one of the underground stations (subway stations) I was going to shoot but, I was like: [I] no. save your ammo for the ones you really need to kill.[/I] oh, and by the way what the hell is up with these coppers?! I mean, we're minors, you shouldnt shoot at us... but then again the entire world's gone barking mad while heading to hell.

ok, after some driving we found a decent car in a dodge dealership, the new 08 edition of the challenger... (once again with keys in the ignition, a 600 hp engine and no broken windows) man, we're some lucky kids, it also an mp3 player radio adapter (obivously not standard) and a ipod radio adapter, just tune the car's radio to a certain frequency, turn the adapter on and plug it in. it's awesome! =)

right now, we're heading to one of the barricaded outposts (with the music turned up), to see if we can get anything out of anyone.

- Twitch
[RIGHT][B] Now:[/B] Waiting For The 7.18
[B] Artist:[/B] Bloc Party
[B] Album:[/B] A Weekend In The City[/RIGHT][/SIZE]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=Arial][size=3][b]December 10, 2007[/b][/size]
[size=1][i]1:01 PM EST[/i][/size]

A week has past since I last updated. Life has been more of the same, to be honest. More despair, more total horror, more hell on earth. Haven?t talked to Hedryn, god knows if he?s alright. I think the concentration of zombies uptown is greater/more dense than it is here.

Our barricade as expanded three blocks east. We send scouts down the street to look for other pockets of human survivors, and if they are found, we link up. If we keep it up, there is reason to believe that it is how Manhattan will eventually be reclaimed. Some people are holding out for that, hoping that it happens. I know it won?t.

None of us used to understand exactly how dense this island is populated. To you, reader, a five-block radius can have up to 20,000 people living there. This means that if you were trapped in a skyscraper, everyone in that building became a zombie, save the few who jumped to their deaths. In other words, the zombies can and have spread at an exponential rate. We have trouble keeping that many away from such an abundance of fresh food i.e. us clean humans. We?ve noted that zombies follow noise and movement, so we keep that to a minimum during the day when they can see us. Our barricade is about ten feet high on all sides, but we don?t want to take any chances. A mass-attack means certain death.

Survival here is becoming more and more difficult. We have to feed this huge number of people daily, and deal with human waste. Our camp has grown a bit since I last wrote, so this compounds the problem. So far we?ve been trekking a few blocks to piss/shit in the Hudson, and usually get there through the subway tunnels. As for food, we?ve looted a mass amount of nonperishable items from the grocery stores. If we were in the ?burbs, it wouldn?t be enough for such a group, but again, NYC has a massive population, so we can reach far.

Diary, I?ll tell you a secret hope I?ve had. Or maybe it?s a vision. I?m envisioning this little encampment linking up with a bunch of others just like us ? others that we haven?t made contact with yet. And once we link up, we can form a coherent resistance against the zombies, maybe clean out the city block by block. And once we carve out a sizeable chunk, we could use terrestrial radio to relay our call for help to Hawaii (which is where our government is, at the moment). I bet they would send us whatever semblance of infrastructure they?ve got if we managed to clean out a lot of the city. I mean, if it were like Topeka or one of those shit southern states like Alabama they?d laugh them out of town. Who really wants to save a bunch of poor bible-thumping semi-racists? But it?s fucking NYC ? (former) financial center of the world. Like a fourth of the nation?s GDP and a tenth of the population is here (or at least it was). No way in fuck they?d hang us out to dry. Granted, I have no idea how much support they?ve actually got.

And when we form that coherent resistance, we could push upwards and drive them out. You know, extremely tedious, and we?d probably be under martial law again, but we could actually stand a chance. I know, it?s a long shot. Probably won?t even happen for years, if we last that long.

Last thing before I go ? it?s unbearably cold. I forgot how bad a Manhattan winter is. The wind comes right off the water and bitchslaps us in the face. And yeah, I bet you forgot that we have no utilities here. We bundle up in all the blankets we can raid from surrounding apartments and stay indoors as long as we can, but it?s a grinding, aching pain. It wears you down, slowly chokes the life out of you. I wake up every day, put my naked feet on a freezing floor, choke down whatever canned food is available (this morning was diced tomatoes with salt), and eat it unheated. And then you bundle up and talk to people, organize shit, or join a search party and go out in rotations to explore. If you?re unlucky you get stuck with the shift that has to go lug more cans from even further away through steadily colder weather.

Everyone?s looking for love here. Seriously intense relationships are being forged in record time (to me, at least). I guess it?s everyone?s desperate desire for companionship, especially since most of us don?t know if our family is still alive. I should probably mention that condoms are in high demand and are constantly being brought back along with the canned food. Basically if you get pregnant, we have to kick you out. You bring a child to the community that can only consume and cannot give back. And you also take away the mother as a contributor to the society as well. God this is so fucked up.

My guard shift now, I?ll get back to this later.[/font]

[IMG]http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/596/suitrp7.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE="2"][i]December 19th, 2007[/i]

[b]
So this has been taking up most of our time lately; designing better ways to fight these things and ensure our own survival.Very satisfying. Working on plans and projects like this keeps us sane and stops us from dwelling on the catastrophic tragedy that has befallen us...

I've included a sketch I've done of how I think the final product should look. The armour is our solution to the ever growing threat of being cornered by one of those things with no protection. Hence we decided to modify the riot gear and fashion ourselves something to wear. Now it's just a matter of finding the components we don't have yet; Camouflage and butcher's mail. The rest of it we already have thanks to the NZPD and their surprisingly well-stocked armoury, heh.

I'm proud of our survival effort thus far; obviously we're incredibly lucky to have made it this far when so many others have perished. But we're keeping our cool and sticking to our plan, which is how we're gonna carry on until we get through this.

Good news on the people front as well. We've come across several uninfected people over the past week, all of whom we've brought back to our Police HQ stronghold. In the center of town we met Tama, a big old Maori guy who used to work as a bouncer. He was beating off Zombies with a lead pipe when we first saw him. Then there's Adam, he's a thirty-something civil engineer who knows everything there is to know about fabrication and on-the-fly construction. He's proven himself invaluable with our barricading and automotive work.

We also raided a shopping mall and found three other survivors holed up in a women's clothing store; Christine, she's a 20-year old student at polytech studying tourism and hospitality (couldn't help but notice there's none of either left, heh). Leah, a young blonde girl who was training to be a nurse, and a tutor from the same school both girls were attending, Claire. Claire's in her late twenties and smoking hot. Great morale booster.

Supplies are easy to find. It's sad to think about why--The majority of the population died so quickly that dozens of supermarkets and food warehouses haven't even been visited by the looters that plagued the streets only a few weeks ago. The main supply we rely on is diesel fuel to keep our generators running. Thankfully we've got a hefty supply--we hijacked a semi cab and have been using it to bring tanker trailers back to the compound. We've got a couple of full tanks parked next to the generator house right now--They'll last us another few weeks still. Having power is a luxury that we don't want to part with anytime soon.

Amazingly, the internet remains up. There's not alot of activity left, just a handful of survivors trying desperately to contact anyone they can. All the major websites have become eerie time-lines of our descent to the brink of extinction. YouTube consists of only two kinds of video; Zombie attacks and suicide notes. Social profiling sites like Myspace have become the epitaphs of an entire generation, listing their goodbyes and last words. It's creepy, and I avoid it as much as possible, but obviously linking up with other survivors is paramount.

It's past 10pm but it's still light outside. Ah, even now I love the summertime. I write this entry on the roof of the tower, sitting in an armchair with the orange glow of the sunset at my back. This has become my favourite place to relax in HQ, as it is far away from the maddening, baritone wail of the undead.

Time to get me some rest, gotta save my energy for further deliberation on this Zombieproof Riot suit tomorrow. Will write again soon.
[/b][/SIZE]

[size="1"][B]Journal of Hedryn Darrell,
December 20, 2007[/B]

I'm so tired.

Well, some interesting things have happened in the last few weeks. We barely survived
a mass attack by the Zombies. We had maintained almost complete quietude outside,
never wanting to attract too many to our location. Long story short, a few girls
completely lost it and started screaming to God to save us. Before we could quiet them,
we had zombies masses. Attracted by the zombies on the move, more came. Amazing
how about 15 seconds of screaming could spell our downfall - at least, that's what it
looked like. It was 5AM, and we had been fighting them off for hours. Everything we had,
from limited artillery to pieces of stone, was being hurled to try to stop them. But they
kept coming - they have a bad habit of doing that. Honestly, it looked like the game was
over. Our barriers were starting to push inwards, as hundreds - thousands - of the living
dead pushed in on them. I saw my life, and the lives of the friends I had made here,
vanishing under an onslaught of the most garish and macabre monsters that one had
ever seen, tearing them open alive and eating their living flesh. That's when I got pissed.

I left the fight and sprinted (more like lightspeed-ed) to the labs in the Engineering quad.
I remembered something - oh man, it had been a long time - that a boy scout friend had
recounted to me a long time ago. A funny story, that might be able to do some damage.
I ran into the nearest bathroom and emptied all the urinals of those little freshener
thingies in the closets - forget their exact name, quartzsomething. Then, I grabbed the
bleach from the janitors closet. Plastic cylinders, in abundance in the lab. Handy
because, for experiments, there are tons of different sizes. Take a big one. Two little
ones. Poor bleach in one little one, urinal cleaners in the other. Put them in the bigger
cylinder and added some rather unstable chemicals for good measure. I made about
six, then light speed dashed back to the northern wall, where the mass was taking
place.

I thought about the people these monsters had once become. The innocent kids, the
adults, the adolescents still trying to find themselves, unwitting turned into monsters. I
knew that not a one wanted to stay living in the state they were in then. Then I chucked
the first one.

Nothing happened at first. Then I heard the first explosion - thank God, it wasn't enough
to break the larger cylinder the two smaller ones were entrapped in (following? good.).
Long story short again, when bleach and urinal cleaner combine, mustard gas is
formed. With the rest of the chemicals and the pressure inside the cylinder growing
from the reaction, the second explosion sent a small cloud coming down over the dead.
Mustard gas burns. Badly. Though I knew they didn't have lungs to really stop them
(well, it was a decent inference), the mustard gas destroyed the little senses they had
left. Eyes, nose, ears, all badly burned or destroyed in the class of unrefined, toxic gas.
Without any type of way to sense their prey, they seemed to more or less shut down.
They rather slumped in circle, some even attacking others around them. Within a few
minutes, some simply stopped moving and fell over - I don't want to say dead, but at
least incapacitated. I had already thrown the rest by this point. Minutes after I had, the
advanced engineers had taken my idea back to the lab and were creating better
versions, and tossing them out. Within two hours, the mustard gas had staved off the
largest offensive Columbia had fought off. And guess what? I was something of a hero.

Honestly, I never saw myself in the spotlight. I was more like that loyal sidekick to the
cool protagonist type of guy. But after this, I found myself representing the
underclassmen in the ruling Oligarchy board. A ruling leader, trying to decide how to
save several thousand lives. I hadn't realized how desperate our situation was until I was
in the Board. Food dwindling, more zombies appearing, weapons running low, it wasn't
good. We work around the clock, trying to figure out what to do, where to go, how to
survive. One thing they had already realized long before I arrived - we can't stay at
Columbia University, aka the Great Fortress, much longer.

Tired. The Rulers don't sleep.

Exeunt.[/size]

[SIZE=1][B]December 18, 2007[/B]
I can't make this long. We're about to head out again.
I can't believe that we could have been so stupid. I knew that our "paradise" wouldn't last forever. Hell, that was why we planned the escape plan, but I didn't expect it to happen so fast.
In the middle of the night, one of them burst through the my bedroom window. Apparently it had come from the highway. One of the truckers were infected and crashed literally 100 yards away. I don't know why I didn't suspect anything earlier. If only I had told the group at one of our meetings, they probably would have come with us to make sure he was really dead.
As it was, my grandparents are gone. and most of my friends and their families didn't make it. I don't know what happened to my parents or Angel and Aaron. They freaked, and insisted that my friends were dead. They wanted to leave without weapons or food; just drive until they found something safe. I couldn't go with them and as much as it killed me on the inside to leave them, I had no choice.
I don't know if it was the right one because most of my friends didn't make it either. I guess it spread throughout the night before it got to us, but it only left about 5 of the original group. Victoria and Jaret managed to get away but had to deal with the death of their families. (the death of Victoria's little sister and Jarets girlfriend, Porshce, has left him very unstable. I think he could end up getting us all killed)
Ryan and his family held out for a long time, but they became too paranoid. All the windows were boarded up and his entire family were shooting at anything that moved. I tried to tell them that I was okay, but it was no use. I hope he didn't run out of ammo too fast. Jesse and Danielle were okay, but Danielle was bitten. We all agreed to let her die first before we killed her for good. It just seemed wrong to end a life like that.
John was fine. He seems to be unaffected by the outbreak. He said he was prepared before they even managed to get to his door. He brought a few weapons that add to my crossbow. We're moving around with crowbars and hammers so I hope something comes along fast.
I don't know what happened to the 20 odd people that were in on the plan. Only us five managed to meet up. I hope the others are okay.
We've been driving nonstop in Victoria's suburban. It's roomy enough for 5 and we have a lot of food from Subway that will last a while. (All the supermarkets and wal-marts have been raided of their canned foods) We've only been stopping to steal some gas and pick up some deodertant or toothpaste and that sort of thing. (After several days, you can't imagine how bad it smells with three guys. The girls are bad too) We've also been checking out each major gas station to steal some showers in the back room.
We decided that going into neighborhoods was too risky, so we keep to the country gas station/truck stops. I don't know where we're headed. I think we're in Kansas. The snow definately says that we're north, but who can be sure with all this wie.....[/SIZE]

[color=darkred][b]Journal of Michael Kalis[/b]
December 23, 2007

I’ve noticed many changes in the world since this series of events happened. I’ve seen more wild animals around the roads and in the country side in these past weeks than I have my entire life. Everything is quite. The sounds of civilization are no longer present and world seems at peace. As sick as I feel admitting this to myself… I think the world’s as ‘peaceful’ as it’s ever been in recent times, at least where I am. I’m sure the major cities are hell-holes by this point, and I can only pray that my destination is as orderly as Alex described it to be on the phone. He said that people are a little on edge, but regardless, they are living and as long as we can help provide for the community, Mary and I should be in the clear.

The snow on the roads is pretty bad, but luckily the four-wheel drive on this vehicle has served us nicely. We’re outside of New York City now, in the closest country side possible. I’ve seen more and more of the zombies on the side of the road, but I’ve tried to stay on the less-traveled paths in hopes of avoiding clogged centers of the monsters. I can see the sky-like from where we are now, by tomorrow, me and Mary should be sneaking into Manhattan. We both know it’ll be dangerous, but we’re armed, and we’re both more than capable of defending ourselves… if that doesn’t work, good thing we’re both fast runners.

I told Alex to tell the gate-keepers or whatever to expect us soon, so everything should be as smooth as possible. He told me that he and a small party of friends would meet me on the edge of Manhattan at the end of hte bridge to escort us through the short-cuts, or at least, safer passages. He said that it’d be dangerous and that we’d have to probably walk once we got into the NYC itself, or we’d get stuck in a traffic jam full of walking corpses.

The thought terrifies me, but it’s the only relatively safe place to go.

A moment ago, I nearly cried. I realized that tomorrow will be Christmas Eve. And while I revoked my Christian religion some time ago, I still have sentiment of the holiday. Sentiment for my family… if I had any tears left, I’d probably shed them now. Mary noticed I was upset, and she’s rubbing my neck and shoulders as I write this.

Both of us are scared, both of us know that tomorrow could kill us. I don’t like to think of the bad things that could happen, but these days, bad things are the only things I can think of. At least I’ll go out trying. There’s gotta thousands, maybe millions of those cadavers rotting around the crowded streets. I’m trying to motivate myself as best as possible. I say [b] “I’ll be facing thousands of zombies… but those zombies are going to be facing me.”[/b]

And it’s true. Once I see them again, rage will probably help me endure, I’ll have to control my emotions or I might die in the literal “blaze of glory”. But those things took my family, and now they are in the way of my survival and the survival of the only living person that I love.

Its gonna be a rough day for me…. But a rougher day for those bastards. God save my us.

‘til tomorrow.

[/color]

[font=Arial][size=3][b]December 24, 2007[/b][/size]
[size=1][i]11:25 PM EST[/i][/size]

It's Christmas Eve and I've been silently sobbing for about an hour now. The bitter cold wind screams outside the window, and an aching pain is within my heart. I cannot begin to describe the immense sadness I've felt.

I mean, my family's probably dead in DC but I don't want to think about it. I sit here day in and day out, silently suffering, the bottomless winter swallows me whole. There have been fifteen deaths in the past week in this encampment. Alone, I write this, and I'm reminded of the warmth. The glow of my past, a fireplace painting gold against my walls. We would decorate the Christmas tree -- as a family -- then go to sleep. Utterly protected by my parents, by the four walls and a roof called home.

I am alone, starving, cold. I have no family this Christmas Eve. No one would care if I died tomorrow, and to them, it'd only be a minor loss of manpower.

Where is this Christ that was born to save us? Where is god amid this freezing and damned city?

Choking back more tears. Merry Fucking Christmas.[/font]

[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1765/burnhamkh8.jpg[/img]

[SIZE="2"][i]December 25th, 2007[/i]

[b]Merry Christmas, right? Well it could be worse. At least I've got my health...

We decided to get ourselves a nice big X-mas hamper from Burnham--That's the Burnham Military Base about 30 kilometers out of town, I included a map above. There wasn't alot of military intervention during the early stages of the invasion, so I figure there must be a cache of Army munitions out there; armour, vehicles and especially weapons. We rely on our firearms, and securing as many as possible boosts our morale and our security. Myself, Jay, Tama and Adam are heading there at dawn; we're driving there in a Police riot van so we've got plenty of cargo space and another three drivers in case we find some useful vehicles.

In other events, this week we found and took in another batch of survivors; Nathan and Kelly, they're a young couple, both uni students (well, ex-students now I guess); Dave Mills, he's a salesman at a local Ford dealership; and Eve, she's a 25-year old training coach at some corporate office. She's really positive & enthusiastic, which is a godsend considering the state of the world. Also, she is [i]stacked[/i].. (C'mon, I gotta think about repopulation! It'd be naive not to!)

In all seriousness though, repopulation has been mentioned a couple of times, but to be quite honest it's the last thing we need right now. No, I have not been replaced with a Zombie body-double: As a male sex is always on my mind, but we do not need to be making babies anytime soon. Food is gonna become really hard to come by once our supplies start diminishing, so we're gonna need to ration it out until we get livestock and a vegetable garden organised. Throwing a newborn child in the mix would make everything far more difficult.

Anyway, I better wrap this up. Once again we've got an early start to the day. Hopefully this trip will be profitable! Also, Zombie related tip of the day? Crossbows are awesome. That is all.
[/b][/SIZE]