OtakuBoards

Allergies: Fun AND Deadly

Raiha

[quote name='Lethargy'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen]Does this happen to anyone else here:

I get very congested and stuffed-up during the allergy season, especially when I lie down. I generally sleep on my side, and in doing so, all the fluids in my sinuses and nasal cavities migrates toward the side that I'm sleeping on.

Therefore, when I sleep on my right side, I can't breathe out of my right nostril, and vice versa. Nothing is more frustrating than only being able to breathe at 50% capacity.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]It's like the kid peeked into my life and then caught a glimpse of what it's like to be D'Ann. How freaky is that?

Because that's exactly what happens to me all the time. Of course in my case both are mostly clogged all the time, so I'm breathing through the nostrils at 15% capacity. ....a hooka would be totally wasted on me.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha][COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Times New Roman]It's like the kid peeked into my life and then caught a glimpse of what it's like to be D'Ann. How freaky is that?[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen]Hey, it happens to the best of us! Allergies [B]blow[/B].

Ha! Get it?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest BlueberryPoffin
There are some things that make my skin break out. I got some of those bathtub soap crayon things for christmas one time, and I scribbled all over myself with them. It turned out I was allergic to them, and the next day I had a rash in weird little patterns all over me. It was actually kinda cool. :D

There's also a certain drug that's found in medicines like cough syrup that messes with my head. It makes me really irritable and prone to violence. :o According to my parents it's 'like a Jekyll and Hyde thing'. XD

[quote name='Lethargy'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen]Does this happen to anyone else here:

I get very congested and stuffed-up during the allergy season, especially when I lie down. I generally sleep on my side, and in doing so, all the fluids in my sinuses and nasal cavities migrates toward the side that I'm sleeping on.

Therefore, when I sleep on my right side, I can't breathe out of my right nostril, and vice versa. Nothing is more frustrating than only being able to breathe at 50% capacity.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yep, happens to me every time I get a cold or a dose of hayfever, I don't think it's an uncommon thing though.[/SIZE]

[font=Arial]When I was really young (4 - 8) I was allergic to citric acid. Orange juice was particularly bad for me... whenever I had a cup of it I'd break out in eczema (sp?) all over my legs. Living proof OJ hurts people.

But I grew out of it for whatever reason, or my body finally got strong enough to rid the allergy. And since then I've never had allergies.[/font]