OtakuBoards

Doctor Who

Blayze

[center][B][U]Doctor Who

[/U][/B][center][SIZE=1][I]"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He is ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And...he's wonderful..."[/I]
-Tim Latimer, 1913

[I]"His name is The Doctor. He has saved your lives so many times and you never even knew he was there. He never stops. He never stays. He never asks to be thanked. But I've seen him, I know him... I love him... And I know what he can do..."[/I]
-Martha Jones, former Companion

[I]"I'm not just a Time Lord. I'm the last of the Time Lords..."[/I]
-The Tenth Doctor

---

He is the Doctor, a Time Lord from the planet of Gallifrey. The last of the Time Lords. The rest were wiped out years ago, burning in the sky along with their sworn enemies, the Daleks. He was at the fall of Arcadia, he watched as the Dalek Emperor took control of the Cruciform, and he initiated the final assault which tore the Daleks and the Time Lords from the sky.

Now all he has to live for is his TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimensions In Space), the machine which allows him to travel through time and space of his own free will. He picks up Companions from various planets and eras (although he has recently become fond of travelling with Londoners from the beginning of the 21st Century), and takes them on fantastic journeys across the stars. One day you could meet Alexander the Great, the next you could be hurtling towards the year 5 billion. It's all in a day's work for the Doctor.

After recently parting ways with his Companion Martha and a strange adventure aboard the Titanic, the Doctor has returned to London, 2008 to find a new Companion and begin his adventures anew. Surprises and secrets lurk around every corner, from the deadly forces of the Cybermen to the Rift in space that lies in Cardiff, and everything in between.

All that remains is to find someone willing to do the job.

---

This RP is a little different from those I have created recently. The major difference is that, other than myself, I am only looking for one or two characters to participate. This means that it will be small-scale, nothing epic or groundbreaking, but just a group of dedicated RPers weaving their own story in an already-created (but as yet, mostly unexplored) universe.

The characters you will be signing up for will be the Doctor's new Companion(s). There can be two, but no more than two. If I don't get enough decent qaulity sign-ups for two, there can be one. It doesn't really matter at this stage.

Anyroad, the way the RP progresses will be fairly simple - there will be chapters, but they would be more like episodes of the TV series, and each episode will be written by a different person. The cast of two or three will take it in turns coming up with an idea for an episode, and the others will carry it on from there. There will be 13 episodes in all, and 3 two-part stories (taking up 6 episodes altogether). The other 7 episodes will stand alone.

Here is what I will need from each of you.

[B]Name:
[B]Race:[/B] [most likely human, but humanoid aliens are accepted - if you make up your own species of humanoid alien then please give some detail about the race]
[B]Home Planet:[/B] [most likely to be Earth, but if not then be creative]
[B]Items/Gadgets:[/B] [Self explanatory]
[B]Special Skills/Abilities:[/B] [what can you do that marks you out from the rest?]
[B]Appearance:[/B] [Image or description will do]
Personality:
[B]Biography:[/B] [minimum of 3 paragraphs]

If you are not picked as a Companion, then have no fear, I will call on you to play a number of bit-parts in various episodes - people the Doctor encounters on his travels and the like. For instance, I plan to bring Martha Jones back at some point, and I can't imagine a series without Captain Jack Harkness making a re-appearance ;).

As a side-note, a decent knowledge of the series and the Whoniverse in general will be helpful - if you don't have access to episodes (they can be found to stream all over the internet) then [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_who"]Wikipedia[/URL][/B] (clicky) is a helpful resource.

Happy Creating![/SIZE]
[/center]
[/center]

[SIZE=1]Still working on this, getting all the mistakes out and shizz...

[B]Name:[/B] Dani L. Posner
[B]Age:[/B] 19
[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Race:[/B] Human – although there was some investigation (probably by Torchwood) into his origins after several successful attempts in hacking, bypassing security and other talents that seem beyond a C students’ capabilities.
[B]Home Planet:[/B] Earth

[B]Items/Gadgets:[/B] A lock picking kit, several mobile phone components, tooth picks, compact disks and odd bits of technology.

[B]Special Skills/Abilities:[/B] Dani, having never finished high school, was considered a C student. He possessed some form of intelligence but never seemed willing enough to use it. From an early age, however, Dani seemed to have a keen interest in science and computing. He dropped out of high school before his official tests and soon after it became apparent of his advanced maths and computing skills – Dani has a unique understanding of technology, circuits, physics, mathematics and engineering. Although Dani’s life does not revolve around these things as he was never too keen on being the ‘smart’ kid, he has on more than many occasions proven to be a formidable mind in the science and maths areas of study. He also seems to have an apparent talent for music and art, but not as well documented as his maths skills. Dani would have earned the title of a child prodigy, if he had used his talents more often.

[B]Appearance:[/B] [url=http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs10/i/2006/116/b/b/Mohican_Spikes____by_cybermystic.jpg]Clickity[/URL]

[B]Personality:[/B] There are almost two parts to Dani. One, the most noticeable part, is the social persona he created for himself. When he isn’t consumed with the issues of life and the problem solving (which he can deal with in a matter of seconds anyway), Dani is described as charming, friendly, and a joker. He jokes and boasts about his talents often, seeming to love himself far too much, but many don’t pick up on the sarcasm when he compliments himself. He isn’t quick to judge and he has a level head, screwed on tight no matter what the situation seems to be, going about things in a very defined way. He also has the tendencies to be loud and overly sarcastic if he wants to be.

When Dani isn’t concerned with his social life and he has no one to impress, he’s quite more modest and a little less ‘foxy’, constantly asking question to which he already knows the answer but feeling it necessary to reassure himself. When Dani feels he has nothing to lose when it comes to his social status, he will use his talents immediately, solving problems quickly and providing the help anyone needs. The friendly, charming rebel he has always been still remains, but with much more mystery and wonder added to the equation. He seems to forget the need to impress the world when he’s not around a group… which quickly comes back when the number of people around him increases, unfortunately.

[B]Biography:[/B] Dani grew up only a few minutes away from the famous Camden Market in London and the culture that surrounded it. For as long as he could remember he lived with his Uncle, a working class rebel who had grown up with punk ethics that he enforced on Dani. Dani received a normal education in primary school, seemingly picking up his language skills slower than others. He had throughout his life been seen as an average student, more concerned about what he would do on the weekends with his uncle than the important of school.

When he was bought a computer for his birthday, Dani seemed to find an immediate interest in technology. He would begin by going to his local library and using the internet there to increase his knowledge, expanding that knowledge into the science areas and maths. At this time, he had just finished primary school and was about to start his high school years with a variety of newly awakened talents.

During high school, Dani noticed how his social life became impaired. He was afraid of people and losing the will, and talents, to communicate with them. Even his uncle had noticed this, but didn’t pick up on it. In his first year, Dani managed to get himself suspended from high school for hacking into the school computers, removing the firewalls and blocked websites and editing the administrator’s profiles. His high school failed to notice the incredible effort and intelligence in his actions, focusing more on the ‘rebellious’ side of it, blaming it on his upbringing. Dani returned to school, still to show off his talents.

In his second year he tripped and disabled the alarm system throughout the school, breaking into his teacher’s office to vandalise their room. Dani was the prime suspect, although he never got in trouble for this, because there was no evidence. Throughout the entire high school legacy, Dani was responsible for unimaginable technological and computing techniques that were so beyond any students that the police became involved. When the police became involved, Dani dropped out.

After his high school years Dani still found himself having trouble in social situations. Although many loved him for who he was and for whom his uncle was, Dani could never ever get over the need to impress people and seemingly draw a lot of attention to himself. One year after high school, Dani came across a odd website, run by the government seemingly. He had hacked onto it with ease and learnt a lot more than he bargained for, and this was the only point in which he was grateful for such intelligence. He understood that they weren’t alone and that there were more dangerous things on their own planet than outside it.

The extent of Dani’s knowledge of alien life and the events that have occurred over the past years on Earth is unknown, though it would be foolish to believe he knew only a small fraction of the truth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Looking good, Vicky, looking good. And now here he is, the main man himself (beware: it's kind of long - I got a little carried away with it when I was writing it):

[B]Name:[/B] The Doctor
[B]Age:[/B] At least 900 years, appears early thirties due to numerous regenerations
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Race:[/B] Time Lord
[B]Origin:[/B] Gallifrey
[B]Items/Gadgets:[/B] The ever-trusty sonic screwdriver. This handy little device has a number of functions, including operating almost any lock (however, deadbolt seals make it pretty much obsolete), repairing equipment and almost any other function you can think of. The one thing the Doctor will never use it for, however, is to kill.

He also carries a piece of psychic paper in a small leather wallet. This paper will show the person viewing it whatever they need to see, meaning it can act as an identity badge in many situations, getting the Doctor and his Companions into places they wouldn't normally be allowed to go.

[B]Special Skills/Abilities:[/B] Not only does the Tenth Doctor have an encyclopedic knowledge of the universe, its history and all goings-on within, he also seems to have a skill for talking his way out of almost any given situation. The gift of the gab, he calls it. He has an eidetic memory for place names, and whenever the TARDIS lands, he can reel off a list of information about the place as long as his arm. And he has long arms.

As a Gallifreyan, if the Doctor is killed, suffers a mortal wound or is incapacitated with no chance of recovery, he can choose to regenerate his cellular structure. This means that his physical form changes, sometimes quite drastically, while his mind stays the same (although his personality often changes along with his features). However, he can only perform this action twelve times, and as he is on his Tenth, he is quite possibly nearing the end of his regenerative cycle.

He has also displayed a number of psychic abilites. He can wander in people's minds, opening "doors" to feelings, although sometimes this leaves his own mind open for wandering into by the other person involved. The most prominent of these uses was when he tapped into Mr Saxon's "Archangel" Network to gain psychic access to every human mind in the world, thus letting him use the psychic energy as both a shield and a weapon in the form of telekinesis. However, it is very rare that he will ever get this much power again.

[B]Appearance:[/B] [U][B][URL="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/Blayze54/TenthDoctor.jpg"]The Doctor[/URL][/B][/U]. He sometimes dons a pair of thick black-rimmed spectacles, although it is unknown whether these are actually to help his eyesight or if they just help him think.

[B]Personality:[/B] The Tenth Doctor is cheeky, that's the best word to describe him, and one he uses with increasing regularity. He always has a quirky smile and a wink for anyone he is fond of; he is also fairly hyperactive, leaping and running about a lot more than some of his previous regenerations. He displays a light-hearted, easy-going manner, full of wit and charm.

However, he has a darker side, showing an almost egocentric sense of being unstoppable towards his enemies. He claims that "there is no higher authority" than himself, that he, as a Time Lord, is the most powerful being in the galaxy. He is also less merciful than he once was, giving his enemies one warning before punishing them if they persist in their hostilities. He has a strong sense of justice, and if he feels something is unjust, he will try to counter it.

He switches rapidly between moods, often babbling, mixing incoherent nonsense with important information, using extensive technobabble before reverting to a simpler analogy to help those around him understand. He has also been known to use reverse psychology to stop people doing things which he feels are wrong.

Despite his constant interaction with others, though, the Doctor is, deep down, a lonely person. He has admitted, on several occasions, that the incredibly long lifespan of a Time Lord is more of a curse than a blessing, saying that while his human companions continue to leave him, to grow old and die, he lives on, never seeming to age at all. He lost everyone he ever had in the Time War, his friends, his family, his entire race, and the loss of the only other Time Lord to survive, the Master, he has become even more despondant. He is now truly alone in the universe.

He is more friendly towards the friends and families of his Companions than his previous incarnation, and he also seemse a lot fonder of the human race as a whole, being totally in awe of their curiosity and tenacity, and knows the importance of human emotions, unlike many of his enemies (most notably the Daleks and the Cybermen).

[B]Biography:[/B] After his Ninth incarnation absorbed the entire Time Vortext from the Heart of the TARDIS in order to save his Companion, Rose Tyler, his cells were damaged beyond repair. In order to save his own life, he initialised the process of regeneration, forcing his cells to regenerate, giving him a new form, and a new lease of life. However, the regeneration process went slightly wrong, and remained in a comatose state until he was revived by the free radicals and tannin from a hot cup of tea which had dripped onto the TARDIS's power source. He promptly proceeded to beat the leader of the malevolent Sycorax, save the Earth and depose the current Prime Minister, all while still in his pyjamas.

He took Rose on a number of adventures, where he encountered new friends, such as Madame de Pompadour in 18th Century France, the crew of a space station orbiting the even horizon of a black hole, and a version of Rose's father from a parallel dimension, while also meeting enemies old and new, including the deadly Cybermen, the Sisters of Plenitude (nun-nurses evolved from cats), and the terrifying presence of the Daleks.

During his final battle with the Cybermen and the Daleks ("The Battle of Canary Wharf"), in which millions of Cybermen arrived on Earth from a parallel dimension, followed by four Daleks, calling themselves "The Cult of Skaro," who proceeded to open a Time Lord prison ship known to them as the "Genesis Ark," which contained billions of Dalek prisoners. A battle began between the Cybermen and the Daleks, in which the Daleks looked superior. Until the Doctor opened a door to the Void, the dead space which lies between parallel dimensions, the space the Cult of Skaro had been hiding for centuries, and sucked them all, Daleks and Cybermen, back through into hell. But in this final assault, Rose was lost to the Doctor, becoming trapped on a parallel Earth with no means of ever contacting the Doctor again. He was alone once more.

Then, after saving the Earth at Christmas once again, from the Empress of the Racnoss (an ancient race thought to be extinct, coming from the "Dark Times" of the universe), he encountered Martha Jones, a young doctor from London, and she promptly became his new companion.

After travels which once again reunited the Doctor with the Cult of Skaro (and destroyed all but one of them, leaving one Dalek in existence), his time with Martha culminated with an encounter with the Doctor's greatest adversary: the Master. A fellow Time Lord, but one who is totally insane, bent on destruction and death, and who travelled back in time from the end of the universe (where he was in hiding, disguised as a human), and became Prime Minister of Great Britain. After seizing power from the Americans and under the guise of "Mr Saxon," the Master ripped open a time paradox and unleashed 6.5 billion alien killing machines on the population of Earth, eliminating one tenth of the population and plunging the human race into a year of darkness and death.

However, it was Martha Jones who saved the Earth, preaching to every human on Earth the word of the Doctor, and giving him enough psychic energy to defeat the Master, and the paradox machine was destroyed, causing time to rewind one year, to the time before all this happened. However, the Master was shot by his human wife, and died in the Doctor's arms, refusing to regenerate. The Doctor cremated his old friend and adversary, his "best enemy," and as Martha stayed with her family to recover from the events of "the year that never was," the Doctor left Earth in the TARDIS, and was already on his way when the great ship Titanic crashed into the side of the vessel.

After a bizarre adventure on the Titanic, the Doctor returned to Earth to find a new Companion to continue his adventures with...[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Name:[/B] Stephanie "Stevie" Noble
[B]Age:[/B] 27
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Race: [/B]Human
[B]Home Planet: [/B]Earth, 5021
[B]Items/Gadgets:[/B]
[I]k9, mark IX[/I]
Created by scientists, k9 is a robot in the form of a blocky metal dog. It -or he- is highly intelligent, and highly smug. He can patch in to various computer programs, from ships to PCs, and is equipped with ethernet/internet capabilities. He is also armed with a defensive laser beam, and - unlike his predecessors - is capable of hovering, though no more than a meter above ground.
[B]Special Skills/Abilities:[/B]
[I]History:[/i]
Stevie excels at history. It's the one subject she knows up, down and backwards. She could tell you ninety-nine percent of what happened any given year, and the other one percent is barely worth bothering with.
[I]Memory:[/I]
Perhaps one of the reasons Stevie is so good at history is her memory. It's not quite eidetic - she has to actually [i]want[/i] to remember it, quite a problem with her personality - but it is better than average, especially when it comes to written facts.
[B]Appearance: [/B]
Stevie is a fairly large woman, broad-shouldered and standing five feet, nine inches tall. She has frizzy reddish brown hair that she usually wears pulled back in a tight ponytail, and brown eyes. Her face is usually set in a complete scowl or a somewhat mean looking smirk, almost as if she's just waiting for you to say something dumb so she can bother you about it. (Which, to be honest, she is.) When she smiles, though, her face is transformed from somewhat mean to softer and younger, almost shy.
[B]Personality:[/B]
Eeeesh. Stevie's personality is, basically, what one might call "a mess." She's rude, obnoxious and loud, not afraid to tell it like it is. Or, perhaps (more accurately) not afraid to tell it like she [i]thinks[/i] it is. Surprisingly, this rude nature is not accompanied by confidence, but by the very opposite: a deep rooted fear of failure, rejection and of being useless.

She often acts (and speaks) before thinking, both to her advantage and disadvantage. Despite her sharp tongue, she does not hold grudges, her temper tantrums tend to be quick flares that quickly fade away. She genuinely wants to be liked, but doesn't quite know how to go about it.

[B]Biography:[/B]
Stevie Noble is the many-times great granddaughter of a disagreeable woman by the name of Donna Noble. However, that fact has very little effect on who she is. In the generations passing between the doctor's acquaintance and Stevie's presence, the Noble family (Donna insisting her eventual husband take her name instead of vice-versa) had grown in wealth through various business ventures and was currently - mid fifty-first century - one of the richest families on Earth itself. As a little girl, there was very little Stevie wanted that she couldn't have.

As so usually happens, this had an incredibly negative effect on the child, and she grew to be a bit of a spoiled brat, not afraid of doing - or saying - anything. She had very few friends through childhood, and rarely saw her parents. Instead, she was raised by nannies, one of whom bought her her one true friend: a mechanical dog, designated k9 Mark IX.

She grew and learned in boarding schools, washing out of most classes with low grades, but breezing by in a select few with phenomenal scores. Though perplexed, her teachers were more than content to give her the low grades in the classes she deserved them in, but somehow she still managed to graduate, moving on to college almost immediately.

In college, she became a history major, planning on joining the new Time Agency once she graduated. They took one look at the grades in the classes she [I]hadn't[/I] been interested in, and turned her down at once.

Discouraged, Stevie moved on to other things; mostly poking about London from one secretarial job to another. And another. And another. Each one went worst than the first as employer after employer got a taste of her unique temper and problem handling skills.

Annoyed, Stevie used some of her money to purchase a black market device that (supposedly) would allow time travel...

That's about the time everything went horribly wrong.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Alright, Vicky and Ozy, you're both in on the action. I'm just about to put up the Adventure Square thread - but this is where it gets a little complicated.

I've been reviewing my ideas, and I've decided that instead of doing 13 episodes and having three two-part episodes, I'm just going to have 10 episodes, 3 of which are longer and more detailed than the others. From what I can work out, the episodes are going to be around 3 to 4 fairly lengthy posts long, probably more once everyone is involved.

Which brings me to my next point. Ozy, as your character is from a different time altogether than Vicky's, I am going to have the Doctor pick Dani up in the first episode, and then we can pick Stevie up in a later episode (probably episode 3).

I will be writing the first episode, then Vicky can write the second, Ozy can write the third and then the cycle will continue again (although there will be a slight blip later on). When you are writing an episode, I'd like you to send me a PM giving me a brief outline of the story of your episode - it doesn't have to be anything too in-depth, just an outline - you can make up the twists and turns without telling me, that way there will be some things which will be a surprise to me.

For now, if you have any questions, just PM me. If the volume of questions gets too big, I will open up an Underground thread for them.

Enjoy!
[/SIZE]