OtakuBoards

1st Game?

Char!

Hiiii. =). A used Link's Awakening you say? Is it colored? If it's colored than what you have is Link's Awakening DX. If it's not colored, its the original one, there's not really any difference though. DX just has color and an extra mini dungeon...and I think a choice of a new tunic with special abilities. Yeah, it's the first one for the GameBoy series. The second and third for the GameBoy console are Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B]I got a used Link's Awakening game, and I just wanted to know if it's the first one for the GameBoy series or not.
If it ain't, then which one is?
Thanks! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yas, it was Link's Awakening for me. Didn't know what the hell I was doing when I first played it since I was maybe 9 or 10. Got used to it in a hurry...love that game :love2:[/color]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]that game kicks some serious backside... i love the river race thing... hard as sin... and to get to level 6... do u know how long it took me to dive underwater???? i have so lost my mind since then ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=indigo]Yes, Zelda Link's Awakening is the first game in the series for GB/GBC. If it's a black cartridge, it's the DX version, which has an extra dungeon that can only be accessed on GBC. (Possibly GBA. I haven't checked). At the end of the extra dungeon, you can get the Red or Blue Tunic that doubles your offensive power or doubles you deffensive power, respectively.
I remember playing through Link's Awakening for the first time... It was awsome! After I beat it, I played through it again, right away!
The hardesr part (besides the end boss) has [I]got[/I] to be Level 2, Bottle Grotto. Dang Nightmare Key... I had no clue what "Pol's Voice first, Stalfos last" meant, because I had no idea what a Pol's Voice or Stalfos was...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]The hardesr part (besides the end boss) has [I]got[/I] to be Level 2, Bottle Grotto. Dang Nightmare Key... I had no clue what "Pol's Voice first, Stalfos last" meant, because I had no idea what a Pol's Voice or Stalfos was...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Haha, that part [i]was[/i] rather challenging...though I don't remember exactly how I figured it out. I think I just started killing them in a different order to see if it worked...and it did! :wigout:

I'd say the hardest part for me is the final nightmare in the Wind Fish's egg...dang! Everything is all good and dandy until he turns into those huge swinging spike arm things...that is really hard. It bothered me because I'd always die when he turned into that...and that is his last transformation :cross:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Haha, that part [i]was[/i] rather challenging...though I don't remember exactly how I figured it out. I think I just started killing them in a different order to see if it worked...and it did! :wigout:

I'd say the hardest part for me is the final nightmare in the Wind Fish's egg...dang! Everything is all good and dandy until he turns into those huge swinging spike arm things...that is really hard. It bothered me because I'd always die when he turned into that...and that is his last transformation :cross:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yes, that's exactly how I did it. I just started killing them in different orders. Now, if it had been the Keese that you kill first or last, I would have gotten it right away because I knew what a Keese was from playing Orarina of Time (the first Zelda game I beat).

And I also had lots of trouble with Dethl (the final form of the end boss). It would have helped if I had thought to try jumping over the arms, but I didn't. It helped that I had quite a bit more life, fighting Dethl the 2nd and 3rd time, because I knew how to beat the other forms.
It's funny. I have the DX version, and I beat it with the Blue Tunic (double deffense) and I barely beat it. My brother had about the same ammount of life left when he beat it, but he had the Red Tunic (double offense). For me, the fight lasted about twice as long, even though we both hit Dethl and got hit by it at about the same rate. Guess i should have picked the Red Tunic (which I did switched to, after I beat it).[/color]

[B]
[color=indigo]
It's funny. I have the DX version, and I beat it with the Blue Tunic (double deffense) and I barely beat it. My brother had about the same ammount of life left when he beat it, but he had the Red Tunic (double offense). For me, the fight lasted about twice as long, even though we both hit Dethl and got hit by it at about the same rate. Guess i should have picked the Red Tunic (which I did switched to, after I beat it).[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Lucky you, playing DX! Hehe, I had to beat Link's Awakening...without the helpful tunics ;D

[size=1]It was hard :shifty:[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Lucky you, playing DX! Hehe, I had to beat Link's Awakening...without the helpful tunics ;D

[size=1]It was hard :shifty:[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yes, I was quite lucky. If I had the original game, I probobly would have just kept trying and trying, until I thought to try jumping over the arms. If I had known you could do that, I could have beaten it without the Tunics.[/color]

I got the DX version, for 15 bucks; is that a good deal or what?

Wow, this stuff is way over my head; I'm only on Lv. 6. I need serious help on it!

1. How do I kill the quys that pop out of the ground and shoot stuff at you?
2. How do I open ANY of the doors?
3. What is that owl talking about down the long corridor, with the "eyes have walls" thing?

As you can see, I'm in it deep... HELP!

[B]I got the DX version, for 15 bucks; is that a good deal or what?
1. How do I kill the quys that pop out of the ground and shoot stuff at you?
2. How do I open ANY of the doors?
3. What is that owl talking about down the long corridor, with the "eyes have walls" thing?

As you can see, I'm in it deep... HELP! [/B][/QUOTE]
Yep, thats a pretty good deal.

1. Im going to assume these are the ones that disappear and shoot arrows. You need to wait until they aren't see through. Either shoot arrows at them or slash at em with your sword if you can get near enough. Or you can equip your shield and just walk near em and they'll bounce off, and if you aim alright they'll fall into a pit, if theres on near.

2. To open any of the doors you need a key. These are found in treasure chests around the dungeons. Just go up to one and press A or B...

3. Agh, I forgot. I think you need to bomb a wall.

Alright I got through Lv 6 once I knew what I was doing, the boss was easy as hell.
THEN I got the Ocarina.:eek:

So I'm probably way behind on things to do with it. Can I get some help on where to use it?

And what's with that blue hippo in Animal Village?!?!?

I haven't played LA in so long. But, walk around and talk to a lot of people and take the Ocarina out. Marin should give you a song and you should learn a song in the ruins I think. The Hippo is just....another character, she doesn't really have any real importance I believe. "Go away!"

[B]Alright I got through Lv 6 once I knew what I was doing, the boss was easy as hell.
THEN I got the Ocarina.:eek:

So I'm probably way behind on things to do with it. Can I get some help on where to use it?

And what's with that blue hippo in Animal Village?!?!? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Okay, you learn three songs on the Ocarina. The first one you learn is from Marin. The second one you learn is from Manbo, who's located in a cave just to the west of Level 4, Angler's Tunnel in a cave with a picture of a fish carved into the cliff beside it. The last one you learn is from Mamu, who's located in the Signpost Maze.
As to where you use it, you can use it all sorts of places.

And there's nothing special about the blue hippo in Animal Village.[/color]

[B]
[color=indigo]

And there's nothing special about the blue hippo in Animal Village.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Except for the fact that she is THE coolest character in that entire game!

Wait...I lie :p[/color]

Alright, got the hippo thing down, and what about that painting in the same room? What's it mean?

One last question, for now;)
In level 7, there's a mini-boss or something, a skeleton with a flute that sends killer birds at you. I beat him once before but I don't remember how. Can I get some help?

[color=indigo]To beat the Grim Creeper (yes, that's what it's called) you have to kill all six Battle Bats (and yes, that's what the bats are called).
About the picture, I've never done anything with it and I've never heard that you can do anything with it.

I'm in a funny mood tonight... Kind of a mix of happy, sad, annoyed and... Somethinbg else, that I can't quite put my finger on... Weird. :freak:[/color]

[B]Alright, got the hippo thing down, and what about that painting in the same room? What's it mean?

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]The painting is just something fun to look at after you get the magnifying lens or whatever it's techinically called...it is basically a foreshadowing item ;)[/color]