OtakuBoards

who can give me some tips

Spikey

Guest BulmaVegeta1
Drawing dragonball characters is not easy by any means. Start off by printing your fav pics of group pics and characters. Get some tracing paper and trace the pic. If you keep this up, you might get the hang of drawing in the anime sort of style. You notice some of the details that anime artists have? Well, in DBZ, the eyes have a sort of distinction and the shadows play a big role. If you can master the basic shadows, eyes, eyebrows, and hair, you'll proably begin to draw really well.:lecture:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BulmaVegeta1 [/i]
[B]Drawing dragonball characters is not easy by any means. Start off by printing your fav pics of group pics and characters. Get some tracing paper and trace the pic. If you keep this up, you might get the hang of drawing in the anime sort of style. You notice some of the details that anime artists have? Well, in DBZ, the eyes have a sort of distinction and the shadows play a big role. If you can master the basic shadows, eyes, eyebrows, and hair, you'll proably begin to draw really well.:lecture: [/B][/QUOTE]

ok, i wouldnt start by tracing, because you will get addicted to it, 4 years ago i started out with one of my favorite pics and just looked at it and drew it, it came out pretty good, then i would free hand and they would suck. i watched the show and looked at the detail, how the eyes were drawn, where everything is placed. after 2 years i got pretty good, my pics were decent, now its been for years and i am close to pro. so just pm me if you need anything in specific, im trying to send in some pics right now, but it says they are too big, i dont know what to do, so if you couls help me out then that would be great.

this is the way i draw them, if i'm looking at another pic & trying to draw my own. you have to make every line & angle the same [I]proportionally. [/I] i'd advise that you try to make it the same size as the original at first. it's all geometry, really. look at the slant, length, & curve of each line & try to get it as close as possible. draw the outline first & then do the shading. shading is very important as it gives the figure a 3 dimensional look. when you're shading, make the tone as light or dark as the original. most of this stuff is pretty obvious, but i hope you understand what i'm saying. it's hard to explain. it would be easier to show you.

i think there's steps on how to draw each character on the net, though. try searching for one of those.

[color=indigo] The hardest part of drawing DBZ (any anime charecter) lie in the proportions of the head. If you pre draw in stick figure form the heads of many of the charecters are very triangular in shape, so I would start with that. Also, most of the charecters have very large eyes, so practice the expression by just drawing the eyes and nose. If you want to just look at a picture and copy it, look for key lines and how they lie in the overall proportion of the body. Drawing the body of a DBZ charecter is no different then drawing the body of any other comic charcter. Use an opposing looking stance and sketch the body out first in stick to view its proportions. Hope this helped a little...[/color]

Guest BulmaVegeta1
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]this is the way i draw them, if i'm looking at another pic & trying to draw my own. you have to make every line & angle the same [I]proportionally. [/I] i'd advise that you try to make it the same size as the original at first. it's all geometry, really. look at the slant, length, & curve of each line & try to get it as close as possible. draw the outline first & then do the shading. shading is very important as it gives the figure a 3 dimensional look. when you're shading, make the tone as light or dark as the original. most of this stuff is pretty obvious, but i hope you understand what i'm saying. it's hard to explain. it would be easier to show you.

i think there's steps on how to draw each character on the net, though. try searching for one of those. [/B][/QUOTE]
What she said.:D

I think all tha dragonball z characters are easy to draw.. but thats me...

the easiest character to draw would be Krillen with his bald head..
so i suggest u start tracing and studing all the different faces that he does during dbz n db (he makes alot of different faces for u to trace or draaw from...)

start with the face facing forward and sideways cause u wont have to worry too much on getting the right angle...

START WITH THE EYEBROWS FIRST****

then the eyes n the whole picture will come from that..

just remember too keep everything sortta geometric like LM said..

Remember most of all the DBZ charaters have spikey hair..

if you trace and draw and study tha pics real good i say you'll be a profesional drawer n less than a month

:whoops: :whoops:

Find a good picture of Dragonball Z that you would like to draw. Get out your clean white paper with your pencil WITH WHITE ERASER (it works the erasing jod much easier). Ok, now i recommend starting with the head. Do the outline, watching all curves and directions and even degrees. Make sure that for smooth edges you make it smooth, and sharp edges make sharp. Do the head outline without the hair, and come in and do the outlines of the strands going over the face. Now do the face. Make sure you have all the detail in with the shadows being medium of dark, depending on how you see the colro. When you get better, try using color. Do this, which i would recommend, from the head of the character to their feet. Remember to use all the detail and watch the shading. NEVER TRACE, but always keep looking back at the picture. Do not get fustrated, drawing is not something you can learn on your first day. It takes lots of pratice. Make sure you do a little bit everyday so that you stay "in shape." Hopefully from what I and the other members hav told you, you can get started as soon as you like.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B]Thanks a lot that was so helpful. I have been practicing. [/B][/QUOTE]
Hey, show us when ur done k? Scan it somewhere and put it on the net. I wanna c what some hav my influence can teach...online...just do ur best

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]
Hey, show us when ur done k? Scan it somewhere and put it on the net. I wanna c what some hav my influence can teach...online...just do ur best [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]I don't have a scanner but I have a cam that you could put it on so when i get done i will put it on.[/SIZE] ok

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I don't have a scanner but I have a cam that you could put it on so when i get done i will put it on.[/SIZE] ok [/B][/QUOTE]
That's cool. I wanna cam or a scanner. Then I can show you more of MY drawings. Or, i could probably just do it at walmart or somewhere.