OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok

Sandy

"[B]Interesting,[/B]" Raone observed, more to himself than to anyone of his brethren. Things had certainly been rather unexpected as the souls wavered from being first kind and then cruel. And then starting over as if locked in a vicious cycle.

"[B]And just what do you find interesting?[/B]" Paraxis spoke up.

"[B]Wait and see.[/B]" Raone said mysteriously, revealing just what he found to be of interest would only make his strategy for finishing the game easy to decipher.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jamie.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Cho was not sure what to expect when Jamie simply took her hand without asking and pulled her along through the door. The sight that greeted her eyes was, to be frank, unbelievable. If anything it only confirmed that they were somewhere not of the human world. Her and Jamie were standing on a floating island, one of a chain of five such islands.

Both of them turned to look back at the door they had come through but it was gone and only the island was there. It reminded Cho of some of the silly video games that children played. From the trees, to streams of water that flowed to the edge of the islands and dropped into the mists below, to the crystal shaped buildings on each one that looked to be empty.

"[B]What kind of place is this? How can this even be possible?[/B]" Jamie wondered as he started looking around, still holding on to Cho's hand tightly.

Jamie smiled back at Cho and then stopped when it seemed that she was troubled. "[B]What's the matter? Surely this place is better than where we were before?[/B]"

"[B]I don't trust it.[/B]" Cho said. "[B]Remember what the man said about both of us being under some power? Doesn't that bother you?[/B]" For that matter, Cho was wondering why she even felt so calm about being around someone who had forced himself on her. [I]What's wrong with me?[/I]

"[B]We'll be careful then,[/B]" Jamie promised her. "[B]I won't let anything happen to you.[/B]"

Cho did not answer but instead focused her attention on the first crystal shaped building they were approaching. It seemed to have some sort of mechanism as a section faded to reveal a door leading inside. Hesitantly she went inside with Jamie. In the center there was a column of light going up though an opening in the ceiling.

"[B]Oh! I know what that is![/B]" Jamie said. "[B]Well if it's anything like the games I've played.[/B]" He pulled her quickly into the light before she could protest. Seconds later Cho found herself along with Jamie in another crystal building, only larger.

"[B]Just as I thought.[/B]" Jamie sounded pleased with himself. "[B]It's a transport, we're probably on the next island. Lets go look for the next building here and see if we can get to the largest island.[/B]"

Both of them went outside and sure enough they were now on the second island. Just off in the distance a little bit was what had to be the next crystal building and just past that one could see the shadow of what appeared to be larger crystal buildings on the farthest island in the sky.

Both of them started walking towards the other transport point, following the path that was slightly overgrown with plants. They were almost there when a cracking sound could be heard. Cho was the first to see it, the tree that must have been rotten at the core. Without thinking she shoved Jamie out of the way as it fell and then screamed in pain when it landed on her pinning her to the ground.

As she lay there on her back, tears running down her face, Cho wondered why she was not dead. Jamie was frantically looking for something to help him pry her loose and it was then that she realized that the tree was partially sitting on some rocks, keeping the full weight of it from crushing her. Though it felt like her left arm was broken.

"[B]I've got it![/B]" Jamie finally said triumphantly as he broke off one of the smaller branches and wedged it under the tree where the rocks were. "[B]I'm going to try and move it a bit. You're not pinned too much so see if you can crawl out once I move it.[/B]"

Cho just nodded and then when she felt it shift slightly she used her right arm to painfully shift as much as she could, it wasn't much but when Jamie had to put the tree back down since he couldn't keep it up more than a few inches for long, it was still enough, she was free enough that he was able to pull her the rest of the way free.

"[B]Now let me tend to that arm,[/B]" Jamie said once he helped her into a position where she was leaning back against another tree.

Cho did not expect Jamie to simply put his hands on her arm, but then a warm glow surrounded her arm and moments later it was if she had never been hurt. Puzzled she moved her arm to realize it was not broken anymore.

"[B]How?[/B]" She halted at the sight of Jamie cradling his now broken left arm as he took a seat next to her gritting his teeth.

"[B]Whoever thought of this healing power really needs to have someone clobber them.[/B]" He smiled at Cho's confused expression. "[B]Just let me rest for a bit, in a while it will heal and then we can continue.[/B]" He leaned over, putting his head on her shoulder and then moments later, he was fast asleep.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]"[B]At this rate brethren, well be here for all eternity if you keep aiming to save souls instead of eliminating them from this game of Paraxis's.[/B]" Jachym observed.

"[B]Even Celesta is following that tactic. Though I suppose it can't be helped if some of you have already been eliminated and are merely scrambling to save your own skin.[/B]" He laughed.

"[B]I'm sure each one here has their own strategy Jachym.[/B]" Paraxis spoke up. "[B]It's too soon to know just how things will play out.[/B]"

Jachym bowed ever so slightly to Paraxis in acknowledgment before turning to set his own plans in motion, idly toying with his power card now that the mortal soul Christopher was dead. With a smile he tossed it into the pool once more.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-tsunamicard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charles.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Naomi was wondering just what was going to happen next when she found herself along with Charles and the pregnant woman and the man who had told them to stay away, still brandishing the twin knives that he had pulled out. It took them a moment to realize that they were inside an enormous building made of crystal, open at the center with multiple levels that went up and an enormous fountain running in the center. Tables and chairs and potted plants were all around the fountain. Other than the sound of the water it was deathly quiet as the four looked at one another, wondering just what to do.

Alarmed Ian looked around wildly for the two children, furious he turned back to Naomi and Charles. "[B]What did you do with the children?[/B]"

Naomi started to respond and then she staggered a bit as something seem to hit her and for but a moment she felt the oddest sensation as if she could feel all the water around her, even her own body as it was rushing blood to where she had sprained her ankle. [I]What the hell? Water is far below us and yet appearing as if by magic nearby to spill out of the ground and flow to fall off the edges?[/I] Dizziness overcame her and she clutched Charles tightly until it passed.

"[B]We didn't do anything to the children,[/B]" Charles explained when it was obvious that Naomi was feeling unwell. "[B]How could we? We were brought her just like you were.[/B]"

"[B]Don't lie to me slave![/B]" Charlotte snapped. "[B]I don't know what you've done to that poor girl with you or the children, but I'll make sure you are appropriately dealt with.[/B]"

"[B]Charlotte.[/B]" Ian slipped his knives back into their sheaths. "[B]He speaks the truth.[/B]"

"[B]What? How could you know that? For all you know they could have killed them and brought us here to kill us too![/B]" Charlotte protested.

Naomi laughed bitterly, "[B]Just listen to yourself you whiny Bitch! Instantly assuming that we would be so heartless as to kill children."[/B]

Without even thinking about it or even realizing how she had gained the power to do so, Naomi tapped into the water flowing from the fountain, causing it to shoot upwards even higher and then come down in a huge splash that soaked Charlotte and Ian. [I]H...how did I do that?[/I] Naomi wondered. She had just thought of wishing she could shove the arrogant woman into the water.

"[B]Gah! You! You![/B]" Charlotte said furiously at a loss for words. She looked around and then seized one of the potted plants sitting on the table closest to them. Without a word she threw it at Naomi, striking her on the left arm.

Once again Naomi tapped into the water, only this time it rose up out of the fountain and then literally shot towards Charlotte and Ian, knocking both of them head over heels.

"[B]You stupid Bitch![/B]" Naomi yelled. "[B]I would never hurt children![/B]" Angry she pulled free of Charles and limped off in the opposite direction of the two who were still getting up.

Charles looked at the two who were still getting up after being hit by the water and then at Naomi's back as she continued to walk away. [I]How did she do that?[/I] He wondered even as he stood there trying to decide just what to do next.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Treisleilai was bored. She was ready for the contest to be over, to bathe the world in sin and yet here she was. Still stuck playing Paraxsis's silly game. She glanced slyly over at Raone who merely returned her gaze without comment, she wondered just how much he had sensed from her. With an exaggerated sigh she turned away and back to the pool where the remaining mortals were.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-nagi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jamie.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
When Jamie came to finally, Cho was no where to be seen. At first he thought that perhaps she had just wandered off to explore a bit, but the longer he was awake, the more panicked he became as he hunted frantically for her. Running from one transport point to the next until he was on the largest island. Easily dwarfing all of the other floating islands with tall mountains in the center and a huge stream running from the mountains and over to the edge before falling over the edge.

To the right was what appeared to be an abandoned Crystal city. Vastly different than the one of marble he had found himself in, but for some reason, he turned and headed up a small path towards the mountains. [I]Perhaps if I get up a little higher I can see where she went. [/I]Jamie was worried sick that something or someone had gotten to her. Nagging at him even deeper was the thought that as beautiful as she was, someone had taken her for themselves. It was a thought that made him angry just to think about it. No one could love her as much as he did.

Jamie was working himself into a bit of rage and panic when he came across the little girl he had seen earlier and the teenager coming down the mountain path. They halted up seeing him uncertain as to what to do, something that Jamie mistook for them to be hiding something from him.

"[B]Where is she?[/B]" He demanded.

"[B]What are you talking about?[/B]" Patrick said warily, worried about the hostile tone to his voice.

"[B]Don't play stupid with me, you saw the woman standing next to me when we first met.[/B]"

"[B]Well true,[/B]" Patrick said hesitantly. "[B]But why do you think we know where she is?[/B]"

"[B]I don't know where Cho is.[/B]" Kirima replied as she looked to Patrick to see what to do, confused by how insistent the unknown man was about finding Cho.

Jamie grabbed Kirima by the arms, shaking her in his eagerness to find Cho. "[B]I knew it! You do know her! Where did you see her last?[/B]"

But Kirima wasn't listening as she tried to pull free. "[B]Let go mister! You're hurting me![/B]"

"[B]What's the matter with you?[/B]" Patrick yelled as he tried to pry Jamie's hands open.

But Jamie was too focused on finding Cho, he turned only slightly to let go with his right hand and swiftly deliver a blow just beneath Patrick's chin, sending him sprawling on the ground, half dazed from the blow. He turned back just as Kirima was grabbing his arm holding her to bite down hard. With a startled oath he let go before shoving her to the ground.

"[B]You're a bad man![/B]" Kirima screeched as she got up and ran over to Patrick. "[B]I told you I don't know where she is! Patrick and I woke up alone in the temple on the mountain.[/B]"

"[B]Where is the temple?[/B]" Jamie asked her.

"[B]It's further up the path.[/B]" Kirima said warily as she watched him. And then when he left to head up the mountain path she turned back to Patrick who was starting to sit up.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]The gods and goddesses gazed to the well intensely. This new twist had gained all of their focus. Then a glimmer of light told Paraxis that a new card had been played.
[B]
"Ah, our first resurrection of a soul is taking place,"[/B] he revealed to his brethren, causing them to throw shifty glances at each other. [B]"Let us see who it is..."[/B][/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-joe.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-lifecard.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[B]"Mama?"[/B] was Joe Gossett's first word as he woke up. His vision was still blurry, but he could make out a white figure basking in light in front of him.

[B]"Are you... an angel?"[/B] Joe whispered. But as he regained his sight, he saw that it was no angel he was facing. Standing in front of him was a pale, skinny youngster with empty eye sockets and a crown of thorns that scraped his skull and made trails of blood stream down his face. Only a white, blood-stained sheet covered the monstrosity's lower body.

[B]"Ah! Y-you! You're the one Marta spoke about!"[/B] Joe Gossett shouted in terror, covering his eyes.

The abomination raised his hand and pointed two fingers at Joe. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][I]"Thou have seen Death, thus thou shall see no more."[/I][/COLOR]

Suddenly Joe couldn't control his body anymore, and his eyes flung open. The pale figure had turned all red, as had the light that surrounded them. To his horror Joe realized that the redness was caused by blood gushing from his eyes, and then the red was replaced by total darkness.

All that was left was pain. The pained flared up hatred in Joe's heart. Not hatred towards the monster that had blinded him, but towards the woman who had caused this. [I]Marta Kramer[/I].[/FONT]

"[B]Such cruelty Paraxis, was it really necessary to do what you did to that soul? Do we not torment them enough as it is?"[/B] Celesta was not amused. Just as most of the game did not amuse her.

"[B]If cruelty concerns you Celesta, then perhaps you would do best to worry about winning the game instead of how it is played.[/B]" Paraxis admonished her.

Celesta started to say something and then changed her mind. It was pointless really, if mere talk was enough, they would not be here. As she turned back to the pool, she did however catch a sad smile from Raone. [I]If I do not win then I must hope that it is Raone who finally wins this, for the mortals sake.[/I]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jamie.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-joe.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Never before had Joe felt such pain and bitter hatred towards another human being. And in a way, that hurt more than what had happened to him. The desire to harm the one responsible for his death and now for what the monstrosity had done to him. Joe tried to take a few steps only to stumble and fall to his knees. Even if he wanted to exact revenge or to see that Marta was punished for what she had done, he was helpless. Joe could hear the sounds of someone approaching him, but try as he might he could see nothing when he turned to face the sound.

"[B]What the hell happened to you old man?[/B]" A male voice asked him.

"[B]I was murdered in cold blood, by a woman who is dead herself.[/B]" Joe whispered.

"[B]No fool![/B]" The voice reprimanded him. "[B]I mean what happened to your eyes? Did you see a tall Asian woman before that happened.[/B]"

"[B]I saw only Death.[/B]" Joe replied as he managed to get to his feet. "[B]Where am I? Am I still in this cursed place?[/B]"

"[B]I've no idea,[/B]" the voice said. "[B]We're on some damn floating islands in the sky.[/B]"

Joe jumped a bit when a hand grasped his right arm. Instinctively he reached up to hang on to the person's sleeves.

"[B]I have to find her, the woman who did this to me. She's killed before and she'll kill again.[/B]" Joe demanded of the stranger. "[B]You're looking for a woman correct? Take me with you.[/B]"

"[B]Why the hell should I do that? You're blind old fool. You'll just slow me down.[/B]" The stranger started to pull away but Joe tugged on his sleeve.

"[B]I can identify the woman who did this, even if I am blind. I would recognize her voice anywhere, just as I can help you by describing her as well. You wouldn't want her to get to your friend would you?[/B]" Joe could feel the unknown person stiffening in either anger or worry.

"[B]Fine, have it your way, but if you fail to keep up I'll leave you behind.[/B]"

Joe just smiled inwardly to himself as the stranger started moving, he hung on tightly moving as fast as he could even with the blindness hindering him. [I]I'll find you Marta, blind or not you'll pay for what you did.[/I] He hung on to the bitterness and anger that was growing even stronger, using it as a means to ignore the pain.

"[B]I'm Joe by the way.[/B]" He said even as he stumbled a bit.

"[B]Jamie.[/B]" The voice said curtly, obviously not interested in talking to him.

Joe just fell silent and instead concentrated on where they were going, even if he could not see it. Something that just made him even angrier, the knowledge that even if he was reunited with his beloved Mama, he would never see her kind face again. All because of that horrible Marta.

[size=1][indent]"[b]Do you feel it?[/b]" Jachym asked the others, fixated on the game.

Illyria raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "[b]What are you talking about?[/b]"

"[b]The tides are changing, brother. A great darkness is approaching...[/b]"

"[b]There is no question about that,[/b] the God of Madness replied softly, "[b]I only wish you hadn't spoiled the surprise..."[/b]

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/img][/center]
Ash and Marta stepped through the doorway only to find themselves in another strange setting. The simple room was now replaced with a cold and desolate mountainside. It was late in the afternoon, and a cold breeze swept across the mountain. Marta took off her jacket and handed it to Ash.

“[b]What are you doing?[/b]” the young man asked, “[b]Aren’t you going to be cold?[/b]”

Marta turned her head and sighed. “[b]You need it more than I do. And besides, since this… this [I]curse[/I], I’m finding it harder and harder to feel anything at all.[/b]”

“[b]My own feelings are becoming stronger and stronger, Marta. The darkest thoughts are coming into my head, and it’s starting to scare me…[/b]”

The woman nodded. “[b]You have to be strong, Ash. When I found out that my husband had cheated on me, I wanted to kill him. If you give into that hate you’re going to hurt someone...[/b]”

Ash considered what Marta had said as they walked up the mountain together. They had no idea where they were going, but it was agreed that reaching higher ground would probably be safer. Marta seemed lost in thought as she continued walking.

“[b]Are you okay, Marta?[/b]”

It took a moment for Ash’s voice to register in her head. She finally turned towards him.

“[b]What?[/b]”

“[b]You seem bothered by something. What is it?[/b]”

“[b]I don’t know if I feel like talking about it…[/b]”

“[b]Marta, please,[/b]” Ash said as he extended his hands towards her, “[b]I know you’re not a mean, evil woman. Something is turning us against one another. It has to be. You need to talk about what‘s bothering you.[/b]”

Marta held onto the boy’s hand tightly.

“[b]It’s not that simple; if Joe hadn’t died it would have been me. There was no choice.[/b]”

Ash’s eyes widened in disbelief. “[b]You killed him, didn’t you?[/b]”

“[b]…I had no choice! Do you think I wanted to kill them?[/b]”

Ash pulled his hand away suddenly. “[b]Them?! Who else have you killed?[/b]”

“[b]It’s not like that, Ash. They betrayed me, they all did![/b]” she screamed, “[b]It’s not as if I wanted them dead, I just wasn‘t strong enough to fight it...[/b]”

“[b]Don’t you think that’s how I feel, Marta? This anger is uncontrollable, if someone crosses me… I don‘t know what I‘ll do to them.[/b]”

Ash wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead. “[b]We need to be strong for one another. Whatever you’d done in the past, we have to move on. I can forgive you if you just promise to move on. I need you.[/b]”

Marta turned to the young man with a look of shock in her eyes. She had struggled with the death of her husband and his mistress for so long, but never had anyone been willing to offer her forgiveness.

“[b]The burden you’re carrying is greater than anything I can give you,[/b]” he said softly, “[b]Maybe we’re all in this place to atone for past sins.[/b]”

Just then a familiar Asian female appeared from around the corner of the winding dirt road. Cho Hee, shivering from the cold, immediately spotted Marta and Ash, and sighed. [I]This madness is going to affect them as well, won’t it?[/i] she asked herself as she cautiously approached.

“[b]Hello you two,[/b]” Cho Hee said, feigning a smile, “[b]I was walking along a road, and somehow I ended up here. I wonder if I had gotten lost again…[/b]”

Ash stared at the young woman with an intensity that Cho Hee had seen many times before. His hands started trembling as he looked at the girl, filled with rage and lust.

“[b]You bitch![/b]” he shouted as he raised his fist in anger, “[b]You struck me before. You think you can just walk up and pretend nothing happened?![/b]”

“[b]Ash, please![/b]” Marta pleaded, “[b]Keep your emotions under control![/b]”

He shoved Marta and began walking towards Cho Hee, “[b]Not with this bitch here! She needs to pay for disrespecting me![/b]”

“[b]You need to calm down,[/b]” Cho Hee replied nervously, “[b]You really don’t want to hurt me, you fool. It’s this place that‘s doing it to us.[/b]”

Ash wrapped his hands around the young woman’s neck, and began shaking her violently.

“[b]Who’s the fool now, huh?[/b]” he said as he began to laugh, “[b]Now who is in control?[/b]”

Marta quickly pulled Ash away from the young woman, who collapsed onto the ground.

“[b]Please, Ash! What are you doing?[/b]”

He smiled as he pushed her away. “[b]I have to kill her. There’s no choice.[/b]”

“[b]Of course you have a choice, Ash. We all do![/b]”

“[b]What about your husband? What about Joe?[/b]”

Cho Hee grabbed her throat, and began breathing heavily as she stood up. With a panicked look in her eyes she fled down the mountain road in tears. Marta wrapped her arms around Ash as he struggled to follow after her.

“[b]Those were mistakes. I wasn’t strong enough to beat this, but you are. You have to trust me.[/b]”

“[b]Please let me go! I need to finish this…[/b]”

“[b]Stop right now, Ash! You were going to kill her![/b]”

“[b]I don’t care. The bitch deserved it.[/b]”

The two continued to struggle for a few moments, violently twisting and turning as Marta tried to subdue Ash. Eventually he stopped trying to fight as she held him pinned against the ground. Suddenly the young man began to cry.

“[b]Oh my God. What am I becoming?[/b]”

Marta sighed as she let go of him, “[b]It’s not you. It‘s this terrible place.[/b]”

“[b]The feelings were real, Marta,[/b]” he said with a frightened expression on his face, “[b]You saved that girl’s life. You saved me.[/b]”

“[b]None of us are safe here, Ash. We need to stick together if we’re to overcome our inner demons.[/b]”

The two locked eyes as the boy wiped the tears from his face. He knew that if it weren’t for her, he would have done the unthinkable. Marta looked up to the eyes and prayed for strength. The Gods were listening, but not a single soul would be spared that night.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-bloodlustcard.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-madnesscard.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/img][/center][/size][/indent]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Paraxis had not enjoyed what he had done to the old man, but someone had to pay the price for breaking the laws of life's cycle. The thought made Paraxis chuckle inside.

[B]"As if the laws of the cycle hadn't been broken when we drew eight souls back from the Afterlife. A true paradox, life is..."[/B]

Another sparkle in the pool told that yet another soul was to be revived. Paraxis resisted the urge to sigh heavily, for he didn't want to show his true thoughts to his brothers and sisters, all constantly glaring at each other as if driven to paranoia.[/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ira.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-lifecard.png[/IMG]
[/CENTER]
For the second time Ira Petrov had felt the excruciating death that followed from getting all of one's bones and organs crushed at the same time by something heavy. The pain lasted only a split second, but it still lingered on Ira's body.

Ira couldn't understand how she could still have an intact body. She was hovering in midair, surrounded by vast space and twinkling stars. Somehow she was still breathing, her open eyes gazing around.

Then one of the stars started to grow in size as she was looking at it. The star approached quickly, and filled the space with it's scorching light. At the center of the light was something that reminded Ira of the suffering Messiah - grotesque, but somehow comforting.

The figure spoke in a booming voice that echoed throughout the space. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][I]"Your legs have carried you through two lives, but they shall not carry you no more!"[/I][/COLOR]

All of a sudden Ira felt the sensation of dropping down. She let out a scream and closed her eyes tightly. The next thing she knew she was lying on something soft. She opened her eyes, and saw that she was lying on a bed in a hospital ward, void of people. She was still wearing the same clothes as she wore when she had died the first time, but they were all intact, as were her flesh and bones.

She hoisted herself to a sitting position.

[B]"This can't be... Is this a miracle?"[/B] Ira wondered by herself. [B]"Hello? Is anybody here? A doctor? A nurse? Please?"[/B]

But when she tried to get out of the bed, she rolled over to the ground. To her shock she realized that she couldn't feel her legs anymore. They just weren't moving![/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Jachym laughed. "[B]Oh how ironic, one's souls have been recovered, but with their new limitations they may as well be useless.[/B]" He smirked even more at the look of irritation in some of the other's eyes.

"[B]Perhaps you're merely attempting to have us believe that it is someone else who is backed into a corner instead of yourself brother.[/B]" Treisleilai spoke up. "[B]Such boasting could be your poor attempt to hide how close you are to losing.[/B]"

"[B]Or perhaps I boast because I have lost no one. The sea hides the truth far below and one who is not prepared will not survive the journey to discover just what is there.[/B]"

Jachym just shrugged indifferently, "[B]Let us see what the tide brings in shall we?[/B]"

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ira.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
"[B]Oh that horrid girl![/B]" Charlotte declared as she attempted to get back up from where the water had sent her flying. Ian extended a hand to help her but she pushed it aside and finally got up on her own, hanging to the back of one of the chairs.

"[B]What is the matter with you? Why did you do nothing? You said that they spoke the truth but how could you possibly know that?[/B]"

Ian watched as Charles finally made up his mind and hurried after Naomi. "[B]It's similar to the power I seem to have gained since I arrived here. Just as that girl seems to be able to control water, if I am willing to give up my memories, I can learn the truth.[/B]" Ian turned back to Charlotte. "[B]It told me that those two had done nothing to the children.[/B]"

"[B]Well I certainly hope it's correct.[/B]" She sighed as she attempted to wring some of the bitterly cold water from her clothes. "[B]I need to change out of these wet clothes, I wonder if this place has any dry clothing.[/B]"

Ian looked around and then indicated what seemed to be a sign to Charlotte with a wave of his right hand. "[B]Lets take a look shall we? I certainly hope it's in a language we can understand.[/B]"

Both of them moved over to the sign taking a look. And though some of the terms made no sense, it was readable. "[B]I know not what most of these terms are, but it does seem that there is something on the next level that is a store for clothing. We should go and take a look.[/B]"

It didn't take them long to find where the sign had indicated, and in a while both of them were changed in to the odd yet rich clothing of this strange world. Ian didn't know what to think of the dark blue pants and the vivid color of the shirt. Never had he seen such a bright orange color except as a flower. Charlotte was far from pleased at the selection.

"[B]What kind of barbarians are these people?[/B]" She complained when she finally found a set of men's pants with a drawstring that would comfortably fit around her abdomen. And the baggy shirt was no better.

"[B]The lack of proper clothing is appalling![/B]" Irritated she brought her wet clothing out from the dressing room she had used to carefully find racks to spread them out to dry. "[B]Let us look around for a bit while those dry, I refuse to wear these clothes for a single moment more than is needed![/B]"

Ian didn't argue, even if the light had told him that she was kind deep down, it didn't change the fact that at times Charlotte was very trying to be around. He simply waited patiently for her to get use to walking in the new clothing before they began to explore the other levels of the place.

There were other shops as well as what seemed to be restaurants and even living quarters for people who must have lived there at one time. Further up as they were walking past one of what had to be some sort of business, both of them stopped when they thought they heard someone's voice calling out.

"[B]Did you."[/B] Charlotte started to ask but stopped when she saw Ian's face. Clearly he too had heard the voice. Both of them entered the strange store, unfamiliar with just what it was until Charlotte finally spoke up.

"[B]It looks like a hospital. Though I've never seen one so grand![/B]" She declared. Just then the voice they had heard called out again.

"[B]Is someone there? Please, someone help me![/B]" The female voice said.

Ian headed back and followed the voice until they found her, a woman who was trying to crawl across the floor in a room with several beds for patients. [I]What's the matter with her? [/I]Ian wondered as he walked over and knelt down beside her.

"[B]What happened?[/B]" He inquired of her as he took notice of the tears streaming down her face.

"[B]I'm not sure, I think I died twice and then something brought me back, but now I can't feel my legs![/B]" Ira continued to sob. "[B]I don't know what to do![/B]"

"[B]Well perhaps they have some of those chairs with wheels that I have seen before.[/B]" Charlotte said, "[B]Let me see if they have one.[/B]" She walked over to the other doors in the room and started opening them one by one to look.

Finally, in the last closet Charlotte found what seemed to be what she wanted. "[B]Well that's odd,[/B]" She said to herself as she started moving things aside. "[B]How in the world can one fold a chair?[/B]"

Ian wondered what she was talking about when the horrible sound of things falling down caught his attention and Charlotte let out a shriek as she fell backwards when the stuff in the closet came crashing down on her. And then as she tried to move and cut her hand on something that had fallen next to her, she shrieked again, only this time in pain.

"[B]Charlotte![/B]" Ian exclaimed as he ran to help her, snatching up some of the bandages that had fallen to wrap up her hand that had been cut.

"[B]It burns Ian![/B]" Charlotte cried as she pulled her left hand up against her chest, cradling it.

Ian looked through the stuff to see what had cut her, picking up a narrow glass container with a strange substance dripping out of it now that it was broken. [I]What is it?[/I] Ian didn't know what to do, there were so many things in this place that he did not understand.

"[B]My God![/B]" Ira exclaimed. "[B]You need to find a doctor and fast! That stuff will kill her![/B]"

"[B]Are you sure?[/B]" Ian asked.

"[B]Quite.[/B]" Ira said grimly. "[B]I don't know what idiot stored poison in the closet with the other supplies, but there's no mistaking the universal sign for the stuff. She needs an antidote and quick![/B]"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-poisoncard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

This card allows you to poison one soul, making it die automatically after three posts unless one of those posts removes the venom by some mean.

[B]OOC:[/B] I believe you all know the drill, the owner of Charlotte had better cure her in the next three posts. Even if Charlotte is not in the posts in question or even mentioned, once three posts have gone up after this one, she dies. Hehe.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]"[B]Oh Jachym,[/B]" Bellanna said with a laugh. "[B]You were always overconfident and it seems that has not changed.[/B]"

She smiled beautifully, "[B]Be careful that you don't drown in those deep waters you speak of.[/B]"

"[B]Is this posturing really necessary?[/B]" Illyria spoke up. Cutting Jachym off before he could utter a word.

"[B]Of course not Illyria, it is but a means to pass the time.[/B]" Bellanna said sweetly. "[B]It's not like there's anything else to do until this game is finished.[/B]"

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-nagi.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
"[B]I want to go back home.[/B]" Kirima couldn't help but cry. "[B]I'm worried about Cho and Ian and Charlotte too. What if there are more bad people out there? What if they...[/B]"

Patrick kneeled in front of her and gently put his hand up to her mouth to hush her. "[B]We'll try to find them okay?[/B]" He moved his hand away when she nodded and then he pulled her into a gentle hug. "[B]I'll do everything I can to help you so lets get going.[/B]"

"[B]All right,[/B]" Kirima said even as she reached up to take Patrick's hand before they continued down the mountain. "[B]I don't understand though. For a while there I thought we had died and gone to heaven, but there wouldn't be bad people in heaven, so I don't know where we are.[/B]"

"[B]Neither do I Kirima. I have no idea where we are.[/B]" Patrick continued down the trail, promising to himself that he would do all he could to watch out for Kirima.

"[B]Oh Patrick! Look![/B]" Kirima tugged at his hand, pointing to the right. It was a sight that baffled Patrick, islands floating in the sky no less!

"[B]How is that even possible![/B]" For a brief moment he felt dizzy as the idea tried to wrap itself around his limited understanding and failed. He sat down, taking deep breaths to calm himself as he felt faint, much like he did when he had been sick in the past.

"[B]What's wrong Patrick?[/B]" Kirima asked confused. "[B]Have you never heard of Gods before? Even if we aren't in heaven we must be in one of the lands that belongs to the Gods![/B]"

Patrick looked up, "[B]Lands of the Gods?[/B]"

"[B]Sure! There are lots of different Gods![/B]" Kirima said excitedly. "[B]I was learning about them in the temple.[/B]" She bit her lower lip and then shrugged. "[B]I don't know what this one is though. I hadn't learned about all the different Gods yet.[/B]"

She pulled on his sleeve. "[B]Don't worry! If we find another temple it might have more writings that will tell us where we are![/B]" Kirima kept pulling until Patrick finally stood back up. "[B]Lets get going! That looks like it might be a small shrine.[/B]" She pointed to a small elegant structure, though Patrick had no idea what it was.

Excited over the possibility of figuring out what was going on Kirima eagerly pulled Patrick along at a quick pace down the mountain side, pausing only briefly to drink some of the cool water of a river and to grab some fruit off of a tree that appeared to be an apple.

Patrick couldn't help but smile as she skipped and hummed to herself a bit. Though he had no sisters, she reminded him of his younger brother, he too was always bright and cheerful like that. Always managing to find a reason to be happy in spite of the poor living conditions and lack of decent food. [I]I wonder how they are doing?[/I]

When they finally approached the building, he didn't know what to think but Kirima immediately approached it and gave no notice to how part of the strange wall merely vanished when she got closer.

"[B]Come on Patrick! Lets go inside![/B]" She pulled him along and then let go of his hand to walk around and examine the smooth strangely white and yet not white walls.

"[B]Are you sure this is safe?[/B]" Patrick asked her.

"[B]I don't know, but I bet the light in the center is connected to the Gods somehow.[/B]" She grabbed his hand again. "[B]Lets find out![/B]" And before Patrick could think to ask her questions she walked into the light, pulling him along too.

Patrick was briefly blinded by the light and then he found himself standing in a place that was even more beyond his understanding. Smooth walls of what seemed to be some type of metal and lights that could only be magic illuminated the strange square room. He looked down at Kirima who was still clutching his hand.

"[B]Wow![/B]" She looked around in awe. "[B]We should look for more writings![/B]" And with that she was off once again, pulling Patrick along with her. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]In a way the posturing was rather funny to Treisleilai even if it was a bit pointless. So much more fun could be had if she was free to simply bathe the world in sin. Still, in it's own way it was amusing, at least a little.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charles.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Charles didn't know what to do and moments later as he briefly watched the other two struggling to get up after being knocked down by the water, he finally turned and hurried after Naomi who was limping towards a set of doors leading outside. He tried to help support her again but she pulled away, refusing his offer of assistance.

"[B]What are you doing Charles? You should go join the others, after all I just might be a baby killer![/B]" She looked at him briefly, still angry over the accusation and then she turned back towards the doors and continued.

"[B]Miss Naomi, No one is saying you hurt the kids that were with those two.[/B]"

"[B]Honestly Charles, I just don't understand you.[/B]" Naomi stopped once she was outside the doors, limping over to a bench to sit down and rest her ankle.

"[B]You heard that crazy woman, demanding to know what we did with the children. If they belonged to her, at that moment I would have hurt them, just to shut her up.[/B]"

Charles did not get a chance to respond as Naomi continued, a combination of anger and fear on her face.

"[B]You saw what happened. All I wished was that I could shove that woman into the fountain for being so arrogant and instead...[/B]" She bent over and covered her face with her hands. "[B]Something happened to me Charles... I don't understand what, but never have I felt such a powerful desire to simply smash whatever was in my way.[/B]"

Charles sat down next to Naomi, but she got up and started heading down the path, brushing aside his attempts to comfort her. Pushing him away.

"[B]Don't you understand Charles?[/B]" Naomi said as she halted briefly to look right at him. "[B]At that moment if it had been my ex-boyfriend standing in front of me, I would not have simply pushed him aside... I would have drowned him![/B]"

"[B]You don't know that Miss Naomi![/B]" Charles tried to protest as he moved to catch up with her.

"[B]Is that what you really think?[/B]" Naomi stopped and started at him in sheer disbelief. "[B]You're a slave Charles! People have been doing horrible things to your people for a very long time! How can you possibly say that?[/B]"

"[B]It's just that...[/B]" Charles started again, but Naomi cut him off with a wave of her right hand.

"[B]I'm quite serious Charles, if I still have this power when I see him again.[/B]" She looked around at the lush gardens they had walked out into, until finally she saw what she was looking for. A small pond in and some sculptures that were close to where they were standing.

A moment later, though she still didn't know how it had happened, she focused on the water, sheets of it rose up before hardening into ice and then flying towards a sculpture. With a sickening crack it broke into several pieces.

She turned back to look at Charles's face, "[B]That's what I'll do to that sick bastard as well as the other ones who beat on me and took what they wanted when I said no.[/B]"

Naomi turned away and started limping along the path yet again. Feeling strangely tired. And yet strangely liberated at the same time. [I]Just you wait,[/I] she thought. [I]Once I get back Nathan... you are so dead![/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][indent]Illyria laughed with delight. In a game defined by greed and betrayal, it seemed comical that so many souls would fight on the side of angels. It was only a matter of time before their loose friendships would be tested to their limits. And when that happened, The God of Madness would be there to claim his victory.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ira.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img][/center]
“[b]My husband, my servants…[/b]” Charlotte said, “[b]I’m never going to see any of them, am I?[/b]”

The pregnant woman laid on a simple hospital bed, blood pouring out from her wound. Ira watched helplessly from her side, trying to control the bleeding with a torn sheet as Ian frantically searched the building for an antidote.

“[b]Just stay conscious Charlotte,[/b]” Ira pleaded, “[b]I’m sure Ian will come back soon.[/b]”

“[b]I lied, this is my fault..![/b]”

“[b]What are you talking about?[/b]”

“[b]When we first came here, Kenneth asked me if I remembered dying. I told him no, but I do remember it. I remember everything…[/b]

“[b]There was to be a grand celebration in my honor, but a mob of peasants had overrun the estate. My husband made every attempt to protect me… still…[/b]”

“[b]I-- I‘m so sorry, Charlotte.[/b]”

“[b]You see, they were jealous of the life that I led. But it was never my choice to live that way, I was merely born into it! I had no more choice to live as a commoner than I did to live my life as a chicken. Why... I was even forced into my marriage.

"We pleaded with them, begged even. My husband offered them the world for my safety, but even that wasn‘t enough to satisfy their thirst for blood. A revolution, they called it -- ha! What happened to me and my family was treason![/b]”

Charlotte coughed violently as she placed her cold, pale hand onto Ira’s.

“[b]Just hold on. You have to wait for Ian to return…[/b]”

“[b]The funny thing is, Ira, when I awoke in this strange place I thought it might have been Heaven. But how could a woman such as myself ever end up there?[/b]”

“[b]You don’t mean that, Charlotte. We’ve all done terrible things before in our lives; maybe this is a chance to change that.[/b]”

The noblewoman nodded. “[b]For my child’s sake, I hope so,[/b]”

Ian searched frantically throughout the hospital for an antidote. Not only had never he never been to a hospital before, he had no idea what the potion might look like. It was hopeless, but with Ira unable to walk it was up to him to try and save Charlotte.

“[b]Where is this stupid thing?[/b]” Ian asked himself as he looked through a counter full of different glass vials, “[b]How am I supposed to know what’s right?[/b]”

It was then that a familiar, warm feeling overtook Ian’s body. The young man closed his eyes and confidently grabbed one of the vials from the counter. Self-assured, although he didn’t understand why, he rushed back to Charlotte’s side with the potion in hand.

“[b]Did you find it, Ian?[/b]”

“[b]Yes, here. Give it to her now![/b]”

Charlotte quietly drank the liquid and began to cough. Within a moment the woman’s bleeding began to stop.

“[b]I.. I think it’s working…[/b]” Charlotte said faintly as she reached for Ian‘s hand, “[b]But I need… I need to rest…[/b]”

Ian embraced the woman tightly. “[b]Just lay there. We’ll make sure to watch after you.[/b]”

Within a few moments Charlotte was fast asleep, her head filled with dreams of her deceased husband. Ira, now placed on a wheelchair with Ian’s help, sat comfortably as Ian paced back and forth across the small hospital room.

“[b]That was amazing of you, she seems to be recovering,[/b]” Ira said proudly, “[b]How did you know which vial to pick?[/b]”

Ian narrowed his eyes. “[b]That’s the thing. I didn’t. I simply closed my eyes and just… [I]picked[/I] one.[/b]”

“[b]You’re joking, right?[/b]”

“[b]It was the only thing I could do. Since coming here it seems like I’ve just had a… sense about these things.[/b]”

“[b]Well whatever you did it seems to have worked.[/b]”

“[b]…I guess so.[/b]”

“[b]Ian, do you remember dying?[/b]”

“[b]What?[/b]”

Ira wheeled over to Ian’s side, “[b]Charlotte says she remembers dying, just like I do. Do you think we’re in Hell?[/b]”

“[b]I don’t know where we are, Ira… I can barely even remember who I am anymore...[/b]”

The woman reached for Ian's hand and kissed it tenderly, "[b]Then we'll have to find this out together, won't we?[/b]"[/size][/indent]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Paraxis observed the competing gods and goddesses. Jachym seemed to start losing his patience already, while Raone contemplated his every move carefully. Celesta and Treisleilai tried to one-up each other constantly. Bellanna was apparently enjoying the game just for the sake of playing. Illyria stood at the side, as enigmatic as ever.

One was missing from the group. Paraxis left his place from around the pool. He found Telumas from under the starry sky.

"[B]Your time is up, you do know that, don't you?[/B]" Paraxis said with his hoarse voice.

"[B]All too well...[/B]" the lunar goddess sighed. "[B]Very well, you had your way, brother. I will leave this world and merely gaze down upon it from my heavenly abode, which will be but a shadow of it's former glory.[/B]"

Telumas raised her hand and drew a circle to the sky. The pale surface of the Moon appeared inside the circle. The goddess turned to give Paraxis one final look.

"[B]Give my regards to my twin brother. Out of all the deities in there, I think the humankind will be best off if he wins.[/B]"

Paraxis nodded elegantly, and watched as Telumas, the Goddess of the Moon and Hunt, dispersed into a moonbeam.
[/COLOR]
[CENTER]~~~~~
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charles.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Charles Jefferson tried his best to keep up with Naomi, who despite her injury made quick progress along the narrow paths. Suddenly a stinging sensation filled his chest. It felt like someone was clutching his heart and trying to pull it out.

To his amazement, when he looked down Charles saw a silvery arrow coming out of his chest. As soon as it was fully out, it vanished. The pain stopped immediately.

Something made him look up, and he saw the Moon as a pale, small sphere in the bright blue sky. The heavenly body felt distantly familiar, and an uncanny homesickness filled Charles' heart.

But then he realized that he had lost sight of Naomi, so he rushed forward.[/FONT]

Raone said nothing when Paraxis returned. He knew why he had gone out to talk to Telumas, he did not need to sense the truth in Paraxis's gaze. He could feel it in the bond between him and his twin... Telumas, the Goddess of the Moon and Hunt was no longer on Earth. Having retreated to her heavenly abode, never again to set foot on mortal soil.

It left him in a position he would rather not be, losing one of the few who would be a better choice than the others should he not win. But for the immediate moment, he was now faced with a task even more deplorable.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ira.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img][/center]
Ira just watched as Charlotte slept, recovering from being poisoned. She didn't understand how Ian had known what to do, but then she didn't understand why she was still alive either. Twice now she was positive she had died and yet here she was, still alive. [I]Or am I?[/I] Ira wondered.

Ira wheeled herself over to what appeared to be a door made of glass leading to a platform looking over the area. Moments later Ian joined her. Charlotte was still sound asleep and neither one of them wanted to wake her up.

"[B]Where are we?[/B]" Ira asked in amazement as she looked at the place. "[B]How can this even be possible?[/B]"

Ian had no answer, everything was beyond his limited understanding, even more so since he had given up some of his memories to the light. He still knew who he was, but it was if parts of him were missing, parts that he could never recover.

Ira looked over to Ian, "[B]I guess you don't know either.[/B]" She sighed. "[B]I've always heard that the afterlife was filled with wonders that one could not comprehend, but until now I did not believe it.[/B]" She looked back out at the islands that appeared to be floating in the sky.

"[B]It seems that all of us come from different times, though I know not how such a thing is even possible. Charlotte, Kirima and Patrick. We aren't even from the same country and yet we understood one another.[/B]" Ian walked forward until he was close to the railing and then rested his arms on it as he leaned forward just a tiny bit to look down.

"[B]I wish I knew and yet more than anything I would rather return to my family, even if..[/B]" Ian choked on the thought. Returning would not bring Joshua back. "[B]It doesn't matter, if what you two said is correct... then I am dead and cannot return, even if I wish it.[/B]"

"[B]I wouldn't be so sure.[/B]" Ira said, causing Ian to give her a startled look. "[B]It stands to reason that if we don't understand what brought us here or how we were able to be revived from death, then surely it is also possible for us to return to our previous lives.[/B]"

Ian started to reply but halted at the sound of Charlotte stirring as if she were waking up. "[B]I'll go and check on her.[/B]" He answered the unspoken question in Ira's eyes, turning to walk back into the room and over to where Charlotte was resting.

Ira turned to follow him back in when she was startled by an unexpected shift in the platform, causing it to tilt downwards a bit. Before she could register what was happening the chair rolled backwards, slamming into the railing, causing it to tilt even further.

Her heart pounding in her chest, Ira tried to maneuver only to cause her chair to tip over, spilling her to the platform's surface.[I] No! Not again![/I] She thought in fear as the platform tilted even more, making it easier for her to see just how high up she really was. If not for the bars of the railing, she would have already fallen.

"[B]Ian! Help me![/B]" She cried out, even as she tried to move enough to grab onto the building and pull herself in. But with her legs not working, she couldn't reach. Ira started to cry out again but was halted by the sound of Ian himself appearing.

But before he could truly register what was happening or even attempt to help her, the platform broke off and plummeted to the ground, taking Ira with it. The last thing she remembered before she hit the ground was Ian's voice calling out to her as he desperately reached for her hand. And then once again, she was surrounded by darkness, and then, she knew nothing at all.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ira.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Of all people to be removed from the game, why did it have to be Telumas? Even if she did not agree with her views on hunting for life and for sport, she would have been a far better choice than either Illyria or Treisleilai. Those two more than the others were the problem. Celesta would have no trouble leaving if she knew that Raone would be the one. But it was too soon to say just who was going to make it to the end.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-nagi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Cho Hee couldn't get away from the young man and Marta fast enough. Running down the mountainside path until she couldn't breathe, stumbling from lack of energy and exhaustion. Only to get up and run as best as she could again and again. Until finally when she was near the bottom she finally collapsed and sobbed.

"[B]Why?![/B]" She accused the empty air around her, wishing she could see the woman who had cursed her with the power to influence others. "[B]Why did you have to give me this useless power? I don't want it![/B]"

Cho just sat there for a while, ignoring the tears that ran down her face, until finally, exhausted, she slowly got up and continued at a slow pace. Mindlessly heading towards the closest building, the very same one that she had used to get on the island in the first place, when she had left Jamie sleeping on the pathway.

"[B]We're in hell aren't we?[/B]" She asked no one in particular. "[B]Pawns to be played with, nothing more than an amusement to some sick God.[/B]" A thought that just made her angry. She raised her head and looked towards the sky.

"[B]Why don't you come down her and play this damn game yourself![/B]" She yelled, even though it made no sense. Cho had long ago abandoned any belief in Gods or the afterlife. [I]So why am I yelling at something that doesn't exist? [/I]She wondered as she approached the small building.

Though looking at all the islands floating in the sky made it hard for her to cling to her belief that Gods did not exist. She supposed it could be some form of technology, far more advanced than where she came from, but what would be the purpose? Why would someone that advanced even care about those who were less advanced?

She walked towards the building and entered without hesitation when a part of if vanished to provide a doorway. "[B]If someone is responsible for this,[/B]" Cho continued the conversation with herself. "[B]I'd use this damn power to send you to hell![/B]" A few steps more and she walked into the light, expecting to find herself back at the island she was on before, but instead it was a new place altogether.

"[B]What?[/B]" She exclaimed as she stepped out of the light into the enclosed room. Like the floating islands, it was clearly far more advanced than anything she had ever seen. The metal was clearly of excellent work and the lighting along the walls, glowing with an almost eerie bluish light were shaped in the form of a language she had never seen before.

Curious she stepped forward a bit more and then jumped at the sound of something closing behind her. Startled she turned around to see that the circular platform where the beam of light had been had just been covered. Alarmed she stepped back up to return to the island, but the path was closed.

"[B]Oh hell! Now what do I do?[/B]" Frustrated she looked back at the room she was in. Sure there was a door, but for some reason the very nature of the place just screamed of danger. Surely something this advanced would have some form of security. Wouldn't it? Cho stood there, unsure what to do, and then finally with an exasperated stomp of her foot she headed for the doors.

"[B]I swear![/B]" She exclaimed as the doors opened when she approached. "[B]I'm going to kill whoever brought me here.[/B]" Cho stormed out into the next room and halted, astounded by the sight before her.

The next room was massive, and enclosed just like the last one with the same language written across the walls and glowing in the same blue light. In addition to that the floor was a series of walkways over another room far below the one she was in. Down below there were massive statues along with even more writings on the walls down there.

"[B]I guess I'm going to have to find another way out.[/B]" She muttered as she looked back up to see if there was another doorway. But what she saw only made her wish she had never stepped into the light.

"[B]Great, just great.[/B]" She muttered to herself. "[B]Why the hell do I always end up running into children?[/B]" It wasn't true, but it felt like it. And before she could think to move back into the other room and hide from them an excited voice calling her name alerted her to the fact that she had been seen.

"[B]Cho! Cho![/B]" Kirima yelled from where she was standing next to Patrick on the other side of the room.

"[B]Damn stupid kids.[/B]" Cho muttered even as she plastered her fake smile on her face to greet the two who were heading towards her.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Treisleilai couldn't help but smile inwardly at the loss of Telumas. Her removal from the game put her one step closer to reaching her goal.

"[B]You seem rather pleased Treisleilai,[/B]" Illyria looked over in her direction.

"[B]Of course, just as everyone else here is.[/B]" She looked slyly at Raone, "[B]Even if they would rather have us believe that they are sad at the loss of one of the players to this amusing game.[/B]"

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charles.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Charles hurried to catch up with Naomi, surprised at the amount of distance she had put between herself and him in that brief time that he had halted when the silver arrow had left his body. He did not understand it, just as he didn't understand how Naomi had somehow gained the ability to control water.

[I]Why am I even following her?[/I] But even as he thought it he knew. Charles didn't know what to do, all his life he had always had someone else telling him what to do and where to go. And though she had deceived him she was still different than the other white people he was use to. The air of superiority was not there and not once had she raised her hand against him.

"[B]There you are![/B]" Naomi said as he came around the corner of the narrow passageways of the gardens. She was calmly sitting on one of the stone benches, resting her ankle yet again.

"[B]I'm sorry miss.[/B]" Charles started to apologize but she cut him off.

"[B]Don't start that, I'm not your master remember?[/B]" She reminded him.

"[B]Well true, but I don't know what to do miss Naomi.[/B]"

"[B]Oh that's easy.[/B]" Naomi said as she got up and started down the path again. "[B]We just get the hell out of this crazy place.[/B]"

Charles just shrugged and followed along, wondering just how massive the gardens were as they continued on their way. He couldn't help but look back and wonder if it would have been better to stick to the buildings. At least there they would have had shelter and if it was like the previous city then they would have found food as well.

It was at that moment that they heard a strange chirping sound, puzzled they looked at one another and then cautiously moved forward to see just what the sound was.

It didn't take long to come to a brief overview of a small lake a little further down, but what they found was a serious problem. Naomi started to say something but Charles quickly covered her mouth, shaking his head. Then slowly they backed away until they were a good distance from the strange creatures they had seen.

"[B]Just what were those things?[/B]" Naomi said in a tiny whisper. "[B]I've never seen anything like that before.[/B]"

"[B]I don't know miss, but we'd best get back to the buildings to take shelter.[/B]"

Naomi just nodded and moved back the way they had come as quickly and quietly as she could. They were almost there, literally passing by the statue that Naomi had shattered earlier when a scream was heard coming from the building.

Both of them froze and then whirled around in surprise when the chirping noise they had heard before sounded again. To their horror the creatures they had seen before had taken to the air and were flying towards the building to see what the sound was.

"[B]Quickly! To the building![/B]" Charles cried as the winged creatures flew towards the commotion. But the strangely bat like creatures were impossibly quick and zoomed in on his voice. Before either one of them had traveled more than a short distance, the creatures were upon them.

With a scream Naomi instinctively changed the water in the small pond into spears of ice that flew towards the creatures, skewering them. But there were too many for her to stop them before she was knocked head over heels. Then with a horrible cry they attacked Charles, tearing him to pieces before she could react.

With yet another scream of rage something inside Naomi snapped and the small lake itself rose into the air, off in the distance. The creatures hesitated, uncertain as to what was happening, and then it was too late as the water hardened into sections of ice and then flew with frightening speed to slam into the remaining creatures. Smashing them and crushing the few that remained.

Naomi staggered to her feet to get a better view of what had happened to Charles. But other than to briefly see what little was left of his body, a great tiredness overcame her and she passed out, unconscious before she hit the ground.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charles.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]"[B]So slow.[/B]" Bellanna pouted ever so slightly. "[B]I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready for the game to start going somewhere.[/B]"

"[B]Then perhaps you should do something about it.[/B]" Paraxis murmured, giving her a knowing look.

"[B]You're right, I should, since it seems that the others are waiting to see what the rest of us do first.[/B]" She smiled a bit. "[B]Too afraid to show their hand for fear that it would expose their strategy.[/B]"

Bellanna mock sighed. "[B]Very well then, I'll get this going.[/B]" She turned to the pool displaying the remaining souls.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-nagi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Cho Hee kept smiling her fake smile as she walked out to meet the two children in the center of the walkways of the room above the massive room below. Cho would rather not be near either one of the children but her upbringing of always being polite would not be denied. She came to a halt just short of the center of the upper room when to her surprise Kirima threw herself at her, hugging her tightly.

"[B]Cho! I'm so glad you're alright![/B]" She looked up at her tears in her eyes. "[B]I was so worried when you didn't come back. I thought that the bad man had gotten you.[/B]"

Confused at what she was saying as well as by the bruise marks on Kirima's neck, Cho looked over to Patrick for an explanation. [I]What in the world is she talking about?[/I]

"[B]Later that night some stranger entered the home and attacked Kirima, nearly choking her to death. Ian managed to drive him away.[/B]" Patrick explained.

Cho felt tears well up in her eyes, even if she didn't like children, it didn't mean she was heartless. She looked back and Kirima who had let go and got down and kneeled in front of her. Feeling a bit guilty for her negative attitude towards children in general.[I] I left her, what if the others hadn't been there to stop the man who attacked her?[/I]

"[B]I'm sorry Kirima, I should have let you know I was alright.[/B]" Cho smiled at her. "[B]Can you forgive me?[/B]"

Kirima answered by virtue of hugging her ecstatically again before letting go and then taking Cho's hand in her own when she stood back up.

"[B]Patrick and I were looking for more writings like we saw in a temple on the mountain. I think we must be in one of the lands of the Gods, but I don't know which one.[/B]" She looked up at Cho as they started to head towards a door that none of them had been through yet.

Just then a loud and shrill sound started running though the place and the words on the walls changed, though none of them could read what it said, but it was obvious what it had to be as the lights started flashing as well. Somehow they had triggered an alarm.

"[B]We must have triggered the security.[/B]" Cho surmised.

"[B]Security?[/B]" Patrick asked, confused as to what she meant. "[B]What is a security?[/B]"

Kirima just clung to Cho, "[B]Does that mean there are bad people here too?[/B]" She burst into tears. "[B]Why would bad people be allowed in a sacred place like this?[/B]"

As if in answer to that question, panels along the walls opened up and small floating metal objects came out of the walls to head towards their position. [I]Damn![/I] Cho thought. [I]There's no way we can fight something like that! [/I]

"[B]Get behind me,[/B]" She ordered as she started to slowly back away towards the door they had been heading towards. But the caution was unnecessary as the round metal objects only fired at the platform where they were standing if they tried to go in a specific direction.

[I]So it's trying to herd us out of here.[/I] Cho thought. She didn't like it, but at the same time she wasn't going to object to it. If they were lucky it would force them back to a platform that was working so they could leave.

"[B]Just keep moving slowly towards the door, no sudden moves.[/B]" She told the children. They were almost to the door when Kirima stumbled and fell, triggering a reaction as one of the floating security devices fired at her, hitting her in the right arm. Patrick moved to help Kirima when she cried out in pain from the electrical jolt only to be hit himself as one fired at his sudden movement, causing him to stumble and fall.

"[B]Stop it![/B]" Cho cried out. "[B]Can't you see that we're leaving?[/B]"

But either the person controlling them did not understand her, or their programming did not recognize what she had just said. Cho slowly tried to move towards Kirima only to halt when one of them fired right in front of her, blocking her path towards Kirima who was slowly getting up.

"[B]Kirima! Whatever you do, move slowly![/B]" But Kirima was too frightened, looking first at Cho then Patrick and then at the devices that were hovering not to far from her.

"[B]Kirima, look at me,[/B]" Cho said firmly. "[B]Move towards me slowly.[/B]"

Kirima started to move only to jump in fear when one of them made a mechanical sound and then fired at her again when her jump resulted in her taking a step away from Cho. This time the beam grazed her other arm and Kirima stumbled sideways only to be hit again.

"[B]No![/B]" Cho screamed when Kirima misstepped and started to fall over the side of the walkway. She ignored the security as she desperately tried to reach her in time, enduring the painful jolts of electricity when they fired on her, but it was too late. With a scream Kirima fell to the floor in the room below them.

"[B]Oh my God.[/B]" Cho looked away. [I]She was just a child! [/I]Cho did nothing to stop the tears when she looked over to see Patrick's horrified expression. She continued to ignore the security as she got up and walked over to where Patrick was.

But for the moment, they seemed to be more concerned with investigating Kirima's body which was lying on the floor down below. Cho reached down and offered her had to Patrick, pulling him up when he tentatively took it.

"[B]We have to go Patrick, before those things come back.[/B]"

"[B]What about Kirima?[/B]" He asked tearfully.

"[B]I'm sorry Patrick, there's no way she could have lived through that kind of fall.[/B]" Then instead of waiting for him to respond she pulled him towards the door and then through to the other room when they opened.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-nagi.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Jachym had to agree with Bellanna, things were indeed moving far too slowly, taking far longer than he deemed necessary. It was time to eliminate more of the competition or to force their hand, and he knew just how to do so.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jamie.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-joe.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Joe could not see where they were going, and yet it did not matter, he would find Marta and send her to the Hell she so richly deserved. For a woman who did not care who she hurt, Hell was too good for her. And the longer he stumbled along the path, clinging to the other person he had found, the more angry he became.

"[B]So old man, tell me more about this woman you are looking for.[/B]" Jamie finally spoke up.

"[B]She is no woman, she's a monster, killing her own husband and then me to save her own miserable life.[/B]" Joe said bitterly.

"[B]Don't be stupid, if you were dead you would not be here.[/B]"

"[B]I don't know how, but Death brought me back here.[/B]" Joe explained. "[B]You said we were on floating islands, if such a thing is possible then reversing death must be as well.[/B]" The voice of the one with him answered with a sigh.

"[B]I suppose that's no weirder than the ability to heal that I seem to have been given. Though it does not seem to respond to what happened to your eyes.[/B]" Jamie just looked down the path they were following, shortly they would be at some gardens surrounding what seemed to be a rather large home.

[I]I wonder why someone built something like this?[/I] He shrugged it aside as he started to follow the garden path leading to the back entrance of the home. At least he thought it was the back. It was a design that he had never seen before. Jamie was halfway there when the sound of something growling caught his attention, causing him and Joe to freeze as they hunted for the source.

"[B]It sounds like it's coming from the left.[/B]" Joe whispered.

Jamie turned to look and then swore inwardly. There were four of them, about the size of a German Shepard though they looked more like some cross between a dog and a cat. They were wearing what seemed to be collars. [I]Great,[/I] Jamie thought. [I]Now what?[/I]

"[B]What is it? What do you see?[/B]" Joe tugged on his sleeve when he felt Jamie stiffen.

"[B]You don't want to know. Just move slowly and try to not drag your feet.[/B]" Jamie instructed even as he continued along the path, carefully trying to avoid making sudden movements as the strange creatures followed along, still growling and barring their teeth at him and Joe.

[I]Just a little further.[/I] Jamie thought, [I]once we get inside the house we can simply lock them out. [/I] Even if the door was locked he could see an open window, though there was no way he was going to hoist Joe up first if that were the case. Those things would rip him to shreds in no time.

What he would have done Jamie never got the chance to find out. With a snarl they rushed both of them just as they were almost to the door. Without thinking Jamie pulled back, leaving Joe closer to the creatures who without hesitation pounced on him, dragging him to the ground.

Panicked, Jamie grabbed the door desperately in an attempt to get in and then with a curse he ran for the window, ignoring Joe's screams as he leaped up and caught the window sill. For one horrible moment one of the animals caught his pants in it's teeth, threatening to spill him back to the ground. But then the fabric tore and with it's weight gone he was able to pull himself into the home.

Unable to get to him, the fourth one returned to the other three who were still tearing Joe apart. Sickened Jamie looked away as he fought the urge to throw up.[I] I couldn't have helped him even if I wanted to.[/I] He thought as he quickly locked the window and then ran thought the home's lower level checking to make sure the things couldn't get in.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-joe.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Celesta looked down at the power she had been granted and over to the pool where the remaining mortal souls were. She had lost the desire to talk to her fellow Gods at the moment, suddenly tired of the game and yet unwilling to withdraw. With a sigh she prepared herself for what she had to do.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jamie.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Jamie wasn't sure what to do. Joe was dead and unless the creatures got bored and wandered off, he was stuck inside, unable to leave. He was still checking the lower windows and doors to be sure they were sealed when the sound of the front door opening caused him to start in fear. [I]They can open doors? Hell! [/I] Frantically he ran into the main room, intending to close the door and stop them from getting in, but he stopped in confusion when he heard voices.

"[B]Do you think we'll find anyone here?[/B]" A woman's voice said.

"[B]We won't know until we look Marta.[/B]"

Jamie just groaned inwardly, it was the stupid fool who had grabbed Cho. He turned to leave when it occurred to him that they might know where she was. Decided he entered the room, ignoring their startled looks to shut and lock the door behind them. The creatures may not have seen them but they were still around.

"[B]You![/B]" Ash growled. "[B]What the hell are you doing here?[/B]"

"[B]I could ask you the same.[/B]" Jamie said curtly. "[B]But frankly I don't give a damn, I'm looking for Cho, have you seen her?[/B]"

"[B]That bitch? Like I care what happens to her.[/B]" Ash started to turn to leave, but halted when Jamie grabbed his arm.

"[B]So you have seen her! Where is she?[/B]" He demanded.

Startled Ash tried to pull free, "[B]I already told you I don't care what happens to her, or you either. Let go.[/B]" Ash could feel something in him starting to stir. [I]No, not again.[/I]

"[B]You don't understand! Let go! I can't control it![/B]" With a savage jerk he pulled free.

"[B]I don't know what's going on here,[/B]" Marta said, "[B]But if you're talking about an Asian woman she was headed down the mountain path when we last saw her.[/B]" She stood between Ash and Jamie.

"[B]I should have killed her when I had the chance."[/B] Ash said bitterly. "[B]Just as I should have killed you for what you did.[/B]"

"[B]Ash! No![/B]" Marta turned to face him, ignoring Jamie. "[B]You have to fight it. You can't let this place win![/B]" But she could see that he was losing the battle. Just as she herself could hardly even feel anymore. It was a fight to even care about what was happening to Ash let alone herself or anyone else.

Jamie shoved Marta aside. "[B]If anyone deserves to die it's you. You're a bastard.[/B]"

"[B]Stop it![/B]" Marta screamed at them, but it was too late as the two started fighting, thrashing madly as they stumbled over furniture and into walls. She tried to pry them apart only to get shoved aside and then slump to the floor, dazed from a blow to the head.

Then as she lie there, trying to shake it off a sickening crunch was heard as they fell over yet another sofa and landed out of sight. Marta felt tears well up in her eyes and then she heard the sound of Ash crying.

"[B]I killed him. Oh my God! I... I broke his neck![/B]" Ash sobbed as he slowly got up and backed away, a horrified expression on his face. He turned to face Marta who was still sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. He started to run to leave but Marta caught his leg as he tried to pass her.

"[B]Don't run Ash.[/B]" She said as she hung on as tightly as she could.

"[B]But Marta, what if your next? What if I...[/B]" He choked and then collapsed.

Marta just sighed as she finally sat up, reaching out hesitantly to put her hand on Ash who was sobbing as if his heart was breaking. She didn't have an answer. All she knew was that slowly but surely, where they were was going to drive all of them insane.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jamie.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

"[B]It would seem that we are close to revealing more truths.[/B]" Raone observed calmly as he watched the souls who had died.

"[B]If you are referring to the truth that one if not more of us are no longer in the game, then you are correct.[/B]" Jachym replied.

Raone instead looked over to Paraxis, "[B]I was referring to unexpected elements of the game that were added, instead of the knowledge that others are now scrambling to remain in the game.[/B]" Paraxis merely ignored his knowing look.

"[B]You'll see soon enough just what I am referring to Jachym.[/B]" Raone looked at each one there before turning back to the pool. Something was going to change, and soon, he could sense it coming.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
"[B]Kirima.[/B]" Patrick said miserably as Cho pulled him along the hallway towards another one of the platforms where a column of light was still active.

"[B]Patrick.[/B]" Cho let go of him when they were just before the light. "[B]Please, pull out of it, it's not your fault. We have to get out of here before the security is triggered again.[/B]" But he was not listening, tears still running down his face.

"[B]But she was just a child! What kind of monster would hurt a child?[/B]"

"[B]I think it was just the program, if someone was monitoring our progress, they would have seen that we were leaving.[/B]" Cho explained.

Confused Patrick finally looked directly at her. "[B]What's a program?[/B]"

Cho tried to explain, but if anything Patrick only looked even more confused. Finally, she gave up. "[B]It doesn't matter, we can't change it and we'd better get out of here. I'm sure Kirima wouldn't want you to get hurt either, so please, lets go.[/B]"

He reached up, brushing the tears away. "[B]You're right. That's what my mom has always said. She made me promise that if it was her time to go back to heaven, I had to be strong and not be sad.[/B]" He looked away. "[B]I wonder if she recovered or not.[/B]"

"[B]Let's find a way out of here so you can find out.[/B]" Cho said as she offered her hand to Patrick. Hesitantly he took it and then both of them stepped into the light.

Cho was expecting to return to the floating island, but instead they were in another enclosed area, only this time it was made of a crystal substance, similar to the structure that housed the beams of light that had transported her to different areas. [I]Where are we this time?[/I]

She let go of Patrick's hand and walked forward. For once she was not uncomfortable around a male or someone who was younger. Cho turned and looked briefly at Patrick who was merely waiting to see what she did. For whatever reason, either she had the strange power under control, or Patrick's young age was keeping him from being affected.

Considering how so far she had not been able to control it, Cho hoped it was because of his age. She could handle being around someone who simply behaved as they normally would. With a smile she turned to face Patrick again.

"[B]Well, since we can't go back, we should try to find out where we are.[/B]" She suggested.

"[B]Okay.[/B]" Patrick said. "[B]I wonder how Ian and Charlotte are?[/B]" He commented as they left the room to head down the crystal hallway leading upwards. He sighed. "[B]I hope we find them.[/B]"

"[B]I'm sure we will.[/B]" Cho commented as she reached for the double set of doors at the end of the hallway. She pushed them open to find themselves in what appeared to be a huge room full of supplies. [I]Are we in a store?[/I] On the other side of the room was yet another set of doors. Encouraged by what she saw, Cho headed towards the next set of doors with Patrick right behind her.

[size=1][indent]Illyria transformed a small stone on the ground into a beautiful flower and handed it to Bellana.

“[b]Why thank you,[/b]” The Goddess replied with a smile, “[b]It reminds me of the ones that once spread across this entire Earth.[/b]”

Raone raised her eyebrow in suspicion, “[b]And then what happened?[/b]”

“[b]I fell in love with a trickster. I soon found out they were not fields of blossoms, merely dirt, dust and bones...[/b]”

She waved her hands over the flower, transforming it back into a stone. Bellana tossed it on the ground in anger.

“[b]Your gifts are deceptive, Illyria. Much like the beast of a thousand faces, The Kaijin…[/b]”

“[b]The Kaijin is merely a toy,[/b] Raone added, "[b]For the most terrible monsters live in our heads.[/b]”

Illyria sighed, “[b]Or maybe... they live in our hearts...[/b]”

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/img][/center]
Cho stepped through the doorway to find herself face to face with a strange and horrible creature. The top half of the beast’s body was that of a strong, dark-skinned young man, while his bottom half was that of a zebra. Never had she seen anything like this before, nor did she want to.

The young girl immediately stopped in her tracks as the creature stared at her with a pair of glowing amber-colored eyes.

“[b]You are needed, Daughter of Bellana,[/b]” it said with a powerful, booming voice, “[b]The Ragnarok draws ever-closer to its’ conclusion…[/b]”

Cho Hee began to tremble slightly. “[b]…What are you?[/b]”

The beast extended its’ arm to the young woman. “[b]There is no time to explain. You must not be afraid,[/b]”

“[b]Patrick![/b]”

In an instant Cho’s companion burst into the room. But instead of the centaur, Patrick saw a beautiful woman, totally nude save for well-placed flowers and vines covering her up.

“[b]Who are you?[/b]” Patrick said with a grin, “[b]My name is Patrick, and this is Cho Hee…[/b]”

The beautiful woman waved her hands dismissively, “[b]I’ve no patience for you, child. You will join us on our quest, or you will perish.[/b]”

“[b]Quest?[/b]” Cho asked softly.

“[b]You can both refer to me as [I]Kaijin[/I],[/b]” it replied, “[b]It was the name the Gods gave to me before they bound my spirit to this place.[/b]”

“[b]So we are in Hell…[/b]” Patrick said.

“[b]Not Hell, The Ragnarok. Fate has chosen each of you to fight for the Gods. Only one will survive, and from that Earth will be reborn.[/b]”

Cho Hee and Patrick exchanged an uncomfortable glance.

“[b]Only one?[/b]” she asked. Her thoughts immediately turned to the boy who had tried to kill her earlier. Would Patrick turn on her as well?

“[b]All hope is not lost. There is one soul who was not accounted for when the game began, and perhaps from that your destiny can be altered. We must find the child.[/b]”

Patrick wiped a single tear from his eye.

“[b]Kirima is dead, Kaijin. You’re too late.[/b]”

The Kaijin laughed. “[b]I speak of the aristocrat. Her child’s birth was never meant to pass. If it survives, the game will be irrevocably changed. For your future we must ensure its‘ birth.[/b]”

“[b]But we don’t know where the others are?[/b]” Cho asked, “[b]How are we supposed to find them?[/b]”

“[b]You are blessed with the power of Bellana, and as such I was able to track you. Each of the Gods have placed their gifts onto souls within The Ragnarok… I can find their power. Charlotte is not blessed with such gifts, but she may be drawn to the others.[/b]”

The Kaijin withdrew two swords, seemingly out of nowhere and handed them to Cho Hee and Patrick.

“[b]These are yours to wield; my gifts to you. You must protect one another if you hope to change your fate.[/b]”

“[b]Thank you, but how are we to trust you, Kaijin?[/b]” Cho asked nervously.

There was an uncomfortable moment of silence.

“[b]You’ve no need to do anything, Daughter of Bellana. Your time here has only led to death. Allow me me to show you a different path.[/b]”

Cho Hee and Patrick struggled under the enormous weight of the swords. The young man turned to Cho, and smiled. It was then that he felt a strange sensation overtaking his mind. Although Cho had always been beautiful, never before did he find her so captivating. Even the beautiful Kaijin suddenly paled in comparison to Cho.

“[b]I will do everything I can to protect you,[/b]” Patrick said confidently, “[b]I swear on my life…[/b]“

Cho wondered why Patrick had suddenly turned so loyal, but she was much more curious about the Kaijin. She decided that she would hold tightly onto her sword, and be ready if the creature’s allegiances would shift.[/indent][/size]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Paraxis was irritated, but he didn't let it show. The cunning Illyria was trying to meddle with [I]his[/I] game. But since it was his game, he was the one who made the rules.[/COLOR]

[CENTER]~~~~~
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Marta Kramer sat quietly on the floor, holding Ash Brendan who was resting his head on her lap. The young man had fallen asleep to his tears.

Marta Kramer was unable to sleep, she had been ever since her flesh had started to die. It was an unnatural state to be in, and even in the dim light of the house Marta avoided to look at her hands. Some of her fingers had only bare bones left.

[B]"Was my crime really this bad?"[/B] she talked to herself. Ash was breathing heavily. [B]"It wasn't if that son-of-a-bitch Karl didn't deserve it... I... I'm not a bad person..."[/B]

Suddenly the door of the room swung open. Standing in a brilliant light at the doorway was the same monster who had cursed her!

[B]"No! Go away! You cannot take him too! Spare Ash, please! He has suffered enough..."[/B]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][I]"Be quiet, Marta Kramer. I will make a deal with you. Soon a certain soul will arrive to this room. You must promise to help her in whatever she wants to do, and I will remove my deathly power from upon you."[/I][/COLOR]

Marta stared at the empty eyes of the creature. It was most likely a trick to get her to do what the monster wished, but she had no other options. She would do anything to get rid of the curse. Even if it meant killing Ash.

[B]"I promise"[/B], Marta tried to say, but it came out as a mere whisper.

The light flashed, blinding Marta for a second. When she was able to see again, she instantly noticed that her skin was back to normal again. Her hands were those of a healthy middleaged woman, not a walking corpse.

The light had dimmed out, but Marta saw that another figure was standing at the door. The woman was wearing a long, luxurious white dress with some dark stains in it. Her face was covered by a bridal veil.

[B]"Who are you?"[/B] Marta asked cautiously, trying to carefully wake up Ash by shaking his shoulders.

She gasped as the strange bride stepped forward, for the stains in her otherwise pure white dress were sparkling red. She was holding a smoking pistol. Behind the veil she was crying.

[B]"Can you help me?"[/b], the bride sobbed. [b]"I need to find the baby. I need to [I]kill[/I] the baby."[/B]

[CENTER]~~~~~

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-creationcard.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[B]Name:[/B] [size=5]Jeanne[/size] Rawlings
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Age:[/B] 30
[B]Origins:[/B] Quebec, Canada 1985
[B]Occupation:[/B] Wedding Consultant[/FONT]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Treisleilai was once again bored, everyone was being strangely quiet and making no moves whatsoever. At this rate she would be stuck there in that room with the others for eternity. If only they would stop dawdling and soon.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
"[B]Baby? What do you mean by baby?[/B]" Marta asked even as she continued to shake Ash gently in an effort to wake the young man up.

"[B]Wait, where am I?[/B]" Jeanne asked. "[B]This isn't the party? How did I get here?[/B]" She paused for a moment to put the pistol away and then to sigh. "[B]All that work on my entrance for nothing.[/B]"

"[B]Entrance?[/B]" Marta was confused.

"[B]Of course, it is Halloween after all. I've always loved Kill Bill so naturally I had to dress up that way.[/B]" She looked down at the wedding dress. "[B]I certainly wouldn't stain something as lovely as this dress for something else.[/B]" Jeanne laughed a bit.

"[B]Anyway, I'm Jeanne and you are?[/B]"

"[B]Marta, and this is Ash.[/B]" Marta stopped shaking Ash when it became apparent that he was finally waking up.

"[B]Well then, could you tell me where I am? At this rate I'm going to miss the costume party altogether.[/B]"

"[B]I'm sorry, but we don't know where we are.[/B]" Marta said apologetically and then to Ash when he gave her a puzzled look as he got up. "[B]This is Jeanne, it seems that she was brought here as well.[/B]" Marta did not explain what she had seen earlier or how she had finally been freed of the curse that had been put on her.

"[B]Marta! You're back to normal![/B]" Ash exclaimed as they both got up. "[B]But that means...[/B]" He backed away a bit, whatever had seemed to help the bitter feeling he had stay subdued was gone. [I]What happened?[/I] Then it hit him as he remembered what had happened with Jamie.

[I]I can't stay here, if I do... I'll end up killing Marta next.[/I]This time he didn't give Marta a chance to respond, Ash calmly walked over as if to say hello to Jeanne and then dashed around her to take off out the front door.

"[B]Ash! No![/B]" Marta ran after him without thinking, forgetting that she was suppose to help the new soul as death had told her she must. But for whatever reason Jeanne started following her.

"[B]Hey! Wait a second! I still don't know where I am![/B]" She started running after the pair, nearly halting when she realized what she was seeing out side. [I]What in the world? [/I]Jeanne pushed the thought aside and continued to follow them, finally catching up with Marta who had stopped to catch her breath.

"[B]Please, what's going on here? What is this place?[/B]" Jeanne started to ask more but Marta raised her hand to motion for her to hush.

"[B]I'm sorry Jeanne, but I really don't understand what this place is either. I thought that we were in Hell, but now I'm not sure.[/B]" She gave her an odd look, finally remembering that she was required to help this woman in exchange for the curse being removed.

"[B]What were you doing or rather did you require assistance?[/B]" Marta finally asked her. Wishing she were younger, but Ash had easily left her behind.

"[B]Me?[/B]" Jeanne asked in surprise. "[B]Like I said I was heading for a costume party, if you could help me figure out how to get there that would be more than enough.[/B]" She sighed, "[B]I mean I would like to actually make it there before it's over, otherwise, I altered this dress for nothing.[/B]"

"[B]Is that your own wedding dress?[/B]"

"[B]Oh heavens no! I would never destroy my own dress. This is one I made for the occasion. I did base it on my own dress though.[/B]" She smiled brightly. "[B]It seemed appropriate for my costume after all.[/B]"

"[B]Well Jeanne, I'll help you find the party, I need to find the way back myself and I'd like to look for Ash while I'm at it, if you don't mind that is.[/B]"

"[B]Of course not[/B]." Jeanne pulled up the veil so it was behind her instead of in front of her face. "[B]All right, lets get going then, the sooner we find your friend and the way out of this place the better. After all Adrien is probably wondering where I am by now.[/B]"

"[B]Adrien?[/B]"

"[B]My husband of course, he didn't have time to come home from work before the party, so he was just going to meet me there.[/B]" [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]"[B]I won't accept this interference on your part Treisleilai.[/B]" Paraxis warned her.

"[B]What are you talking about? I didn't change anything, it's not my fault that the desire to kill the baby isn't fully on the new soul's mind. Perhaps your powers grow weak fool.[/B]" Treisleilai hissed at Paraxis.

Jachym laughed at both of them, causing them to turn and look at them. Paraxis, still slightly annoyed by the attempts of both Illyria and Treisleilai to change the rules of the game and Treisleilai who was off to the side glaring at Paraxis in return.

"[B]It's your own fault Paraxis, you assume too much of Treisleilai. The soul is merely making the transition from the moment when they died to being fully with the Ragnarok. If you were paying attention, you would see that for yourself.[/B]" Jachym indicated the pool showing the souls.

Curious as to what Jachym was referring to both Paraxis and Treisleilai turned to look and see just what Jachym was talking about.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Marta was confused, why had death charged her with simply helping the woman find her way out? That made no sense. But as they walked down the mountain side, Jeanne who at first had been talkative became silent, her posture taking on a different slant altogether. [I]Will I find out later what I'm suppose to do?[/I] Marta wondered. As if in answer to that thought Jeanne stopped, pulling forth the pistol she had and then turned to face Marta, her look one of furious determination.

"[B]I have to kill the baby.[/B]" She declared. "[B]Where is the baby? You have to help me find the baby![/B]"

"[B]What about your husband and Ash?[/B]" Marta started to question but Jeanne grabbed the front of her shirt and shook her a bit.

"[B]The baby comes first! I can't do anything until that abomination is dead![/B]" Jeanne let go. "[B]You're suppose to help me, you have been charged with this task.[/B]"

"[B]How do you know....[/B]" Marta stammered but Jeanne interrupted her.

"[B]That's beside the point, what is important is that you have to help me kill the baby![/B]" Jeanne turned and started heading back down the mountain and towards what appeared to be a large crystal building.

[I]If I don't help her death will curse me again.[/I] Marta hurried to follow along, doing her best to keep up with Jeanne who was frantically searching for the baby she was suppose to kill. [I]Why does death want her to kill a baby?[/I] It didn't make any sense to Marta. But many things did not make sense.

After a while, both of them finally came to the cyrstal building that they had seen, they were starting to circle around to look for an opening when Marta heard someone moaning. She motioned to Jeanne who had also heard the same thing. Curious, both of them went to see what it was.

On the ground was a young woman coming too and over to the side... Marta did her best to not gag and the shredded remains of what had to be another human being. She was wondering what to do when Jeanne beat her to it, boldly walking over to the woman who was waking up.

"[B]Where's the baby?[/B]" She demanded of her as Naomi sat up.

"[B]Baby?[/B]" Naomi asked in a confused voice and then suddenly her expression changed. "[B]Oh! You must mean Charlotte! Did she give birth already? Just how long was I out?[/B]"

"[B]How the hell would I know?[/B]" Jeanne grabbed the front of Naomi's shirt as she struggled to stand up. "[B]All I care about is finding this Charlotte, I have to kill the baby! So where is she?[/B]"

Confused Naomi looked over to Marta and then back to Jeanne, "[B]Last time I saw her she was inside the building.[/B]" Naomi looked over at the remains of Charles before wincing and looking back.

"[B]I killed the creatures that got to Charles, but there's probably more of them, we should get inside quickly[/B]."

Jeanne let go of Naomi's shirt. "[B]Fine by me, let's go Marta.[/B]"

She started heading around the building towards the entrance, pausing only long enough to make sure Marta was following along.

"[B]Wait! I'll come with you![/B]" Naomi called out as she hurried to follow the two women. She couldn't stay outside anyway, and just why in the world did the woman want to kill Charlotte's baby? Curious to find out why she quickly caught up with the two women.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

"[B]You are too quick to assess the situation Paraxis.[/B]" Raone observed. "[B]You would do well to look closer at the words and the actions of your fellow brethren.[/B]"

"[B]Don't be such a stuffy fool.[/B]" Bellanna finally spoke up after being quiet the entire time. "[B]You may have the ability to see the truth but the rest of us do not and for Paraxis to idly sit by and allow the others to attempt to slant the game in their favor would be unacceptable.[/B]"

"[B]And giving the new soul the desire to kill the baby isn't interference? There is nothing that we do that isn't interfering with both the souls and each other.[/B]" Raone shook his head sadly.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Ash didn't know how long he had run or where he was headed, all he knew was that he couldn't stay around anyone. [I]Is this what happened to Jamie? Did something affect him as well?[/I] Ash continued to run until finally he collapsed, too exhausted and out of breath to continue. He just sat on the ground among some trees, too tired to even look up and see if Marta and Jeanne had managed to follow him.

Finally he looked up a bit and then back down at his hands before he clenched them tightly into fists. How could he have told Marta that the same sick feeling he had towards wanting to kill Cho was also present but in a different manner towards Jeanne? Ash had never thought much over his laid back lifestyle, but the sheer strength of the desire he had felt had been overwhelming, along with the insidious voice inside his head telling him that he should take what he wanted.

[I]What is happening to me?[/I] Ash clutched his hands to his chest and shook. [I]I'd rather die than turn into a monster that would do such things.[/I] But even as he thought it, Ash could feel that resolve crumbling. [I]Is this what it was like for Marta? Did she slowly lose the ability to fight what had happened to her?[/I] Ash finally stood back up and started heading aimlessly through the forest he was in.

"[B]I should find a way to lock myself up.[/B]" Ash muttered to himself. "[B]I can't hurt anyone if I can't get to them.[/B]" But the problem was actually finding such a place, so far he had seen no form of jail or prison since he had been dragged into this crazy mess. And even if he did find one, would he still have the will to actually lock himself up when he did? [I]I'd better hurry.[/I]

He finally walked free of the forest he was in to find himself standing on the edge of a small rise, off in the distance was a huge building. [I]I guess I'll start there.[/I] He thought even as he headed down the rise.[I] Surely there's something there, even it's just a storage room. [/I] Ash hurried as best he could, still worn out from all the running he had done. Somehow, he got the feeling that if he didn't find a way to isolate himself and soon, it would be too late.

"[B]I will not have this Paraxis, I will not sit by idly and watch as the rest of you attempt to slant this game in your favor.[/B]" Celesta was not amused by Illyria's addition of the Kaijin to the Ragnarok nor by Paraxis altering the new soul in a manner that was inconsistent with the powers they were allowed to use.

"[B]If the child should not have passed into the Ragnarok the fault lies with you Paraxis for failing to correct such an inconsistency from the beginning by tying their fate to one another, that of mother and child.[/B]"

"[B]It is not your place to dictate the rules of this game.[/B]" Paraxis said ever so softly.

"[B]Nor is it your's to attempt to deal with us in this underhanded fashion.[/B]" Celesta replied tartly. "[B]Whether you object or not I am going to do something about the Kaijin.[/B]" She did not wait for the others to speak, Celesta vanished as she briefly left Valhalla to do just that.

"[B]Are you really going to sit by and let her do as she pleases?[/B]" Jachym questioned.

"[B]I will wait to see just what she has in mind before I make that decision.[/B]" Paraxis seemed unconcerned by the turn of events.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-healcard.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
One moment Naomi had been with Marta and Jeanne as they entered the building and then the next she found herself in a place she did not know. It made her think of heaven with gentle mists surrounding her and what seemed to be a small but unearthly garden. [I]What?[/I] She did not have to wonder long when she realized that she was not alone.

"[B]Come here child.[/B]" The young woman with long flowing black hair commanded.

Naomi's eyes widened when she took in her appearance, garments of the purest white in a sleeveless dress, gathered at the waist with a belt made of pure gold and a golden crown with a sundisk symbol on the front. But what struck her more than anything was the ageless beauty of the woman. Hesitantly she walked forward, resisting the urge to kneel, not even understanding why she felt it.

"[B]Good, I have brought you here for two reasons, first I must bestow my power upon you. The power to heal, though you must be careful as you will be limited by your own strength.[/B]" Celesta reached forward and simply touched Naomi on the forehead. "[B]Second, to give you a warning.[/B]"

"[B]Power? Warning?[/B]" Naomi felt dizzy from whatever the woman had done when she touched her. "[B]I don't understand.[/B]" She finally stammered.

"[B]You are in the Ragnarok child, where the fate of mankind as well as the Gods is being decided. However, know this. There are those who would use any means to alter the outcome of this trial. I cannot allow this to happen, it is for fate to decide.[/B]"

Naomi was confused, Ragnarok? Gods? If not for the strange things she had seen she would have wondered if she was hallucinating. And yet something told her that what was before her was indeed real.

"[B]It is simple child, the Kaijin has been revived, a creature of ancient origins who's sole purpose is to twist things at the behest of the one who summoned it. In this case it seeks to protect Charlotte's child. But to counter that, one of you has been altered and infused with the desire to kill that child.[/B]"

"[B]Jeanne![/B]" Naomi exclaimed as understanding dawned as to why she had been so focused on killing the child.

"[B]I still don't understand, what should I do?[/B]" Naomi asked her.

"[B]You must warn the others if you can, the Kaijin cannot be trusted, you must destroy it if you can to end the unbalance caused by it's presence, only then will Jeanne return to herself and will the Ragnarok come to it's conclusion.[/B]"

"[B]It's conclusion?[/B]" Naomi was still uncertain of just what she should do, all that was happening was just too overwhelming.

"[B]You need not concern yourself with that child, if nothing else keep my warning in mind, whether or not you choose to act on it is up to you.[/B]" Celesta moved to dispel the illusion of her heavenly home that she had used to isolate Naomi from the others who had been with her.

"[B]Wait! Who are you?[/B]" Naomi cried out as the surroundings began to fade.

"[B]I am Celesta child, the Goddess of Life.[/B]" And then she was gone and Naomi found herself back at the building, but the other two she had been with were gone and she was not in the same place that she had been before.

It was at that moment that she felt the most horrible and uncomfortable feeling that she had experienced since she found herself in this place. She knew even before she turned that something was behind her. Naomi turned around slowly only to step backwards with a gasp of fear at what was before her. A creature straight from one of her worst nightmares.

Shaped like a man from the waist up and that of a snake from the waist down. Naomi took a step backwards and then shrieked in both fear and surprise when the creature caught her wrist before she could flee.

"[B]Daughter of Celesta and of Jachym, why do you fear me?[/B]"

"[B]You're... you're...[/B]" Naomi shivered. "[B]You're the Kaijin![/B]" She finally managed. A statement that only resulted in the creature smiling at her.

"[B]I would be careful of what I was told if I were you.[/B]" The Kaijin let go of her wrist with a cunning smile that was quickly replaced with one of concern and care.

Naomi looked past the Kaijin at the sound of the doors opening. She did not know who they were, but she had seen both the woman and the boy before. The question now, as she looked at both of them, was who could she really trust?