OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok

Sandy

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Treisleilai was still annoyed with Paraxis, even if Jachym had been quick enough to realize she had done nothing, it still did not change the fact that Paraxis was up to no good. She could tell by how quickly he had seized on the opportunity to toy with the newest soul instead of simply tying Charlotte's fate to that of the child. [I]You don't fool me,[/I] she thought to herself. [I]I know you're up to no good Paraxis.[/I]

She would not be as vocal about it as Celesta had been nor would she bother to warn the souls, but she could and would do something when the time was right. Now all she had to do was wait for the right moment.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img][/CENTER]
"[B]Oh that poor woman.[/B]" Charlotte said as she gently draped a sheet over Ira's body. "[B]If I had known that the overlook was unstable I would have never let her go outside.[/B]"

"[B]There's no way you could have known Charlotte.[/B]" Ian said sadly. "[B]I stood on it myself and it seemed fine to me. If anything It's my fault for failing to catch her.[/B]"

Charlotte reached over and placed her hand on Ian's right shoulder. "[B]That's enough of that, there's no point in blaming ourselves over something we could not have foreseen. We should get back inside don't you think?[/B]"

Ian looked up to see that the sun was starting to set and that the air was starting to get a bit of a chill to it. "[B]Of course, you're right.[/B]" He turned to head in and then halted when he realized that a young man was approaching their location.

"[B]Please,[/B]" Ash begged both of them when he got closer to Charlotte and Ian. "[B]I've been cursed by this place, I need to lock myself up so I can't harm anyone else.[/B]" He came to a stop and looked at each of them. "[B]Have you seen a place where I can isolate myself?[/B]"

"[B]I have not.[/B]" Ian replied, standing cautiously between Charlotte and the young man, having learned that what he said was true, two forms of a dark power were attached to the man standing before them.

"[B]Ian, what about the room Ira said was for surgeries? If this young man is indeed inflicted by some form of madness such a place would be easy to secure.[/B]" She smiled at him when Ian turned to look at her. "[B]Surely we can do at least that much.[/B]"

"[B]It's too dangerous Charlotte.[/B]" Ian started to protest.

"[B]Ian, I can see the torment in his eyes, I could not live with myself if I did nothing.[/B]" She looked up to face Ash. "[B]I can't promise that it will be what you need, but we can show you a room that might serve you purpose.[/B]"

"[B]Thank you. That's all I ask. I'm Ash by the way.[/B]"

"[B]This is Ian and I am Charlotte. The entrance to this place is just this way.[/B]" Charlotte indicated the path leading away from them and around the building.

It didn't take them long to get there and as they entered the doors Charlotte was still asking Ash questions as to where he was from, what had happened since he arrived, but Ash became quiet after a short time. At the moment they walked in, they halted at the sight of two people, two people that caused Ash to back up, clutching at Charlotte's arm.

"[B]Charlotte![/B]" A shrill voice rang out.

Startled Charlotte looked at the woman who had called her name and then backed up a step in fear when the woman pointed the gun she had straight at her. [I]No! How is this possible? [/I]It was just like before, when she had died.

"[B]What are you doing Marta! Are you out of your mind? Stop her![/B]" Ash cried out. But Marta just lowered her head sadly and looked away.

"[B]You don't understand.[/B]" Jeanne said as she started walking towards where the three were standing still. "[B]I have to kill the baby![/B]"

Instinctively Charlotte's hands went to her stomach as she thought of her baby. "[B]But, my baby is innocent.[/B]" She backed up a few steps, looking around for a way out. "[B]Please, if you must kill me, at least wait and give my child a chance to live.[/B]"

"[B]No[/B]." Jeanne pulled the trigger, firing directly at Charlotte's stomach.

Without even giving it a thought Ash moved to protect Charlotte and then he staggered backwards when the shot hit him squarely in the stomach, right where it would have hit Charlotte. He felt Ian's hands catch him as he started to fall.

"[B]No.[/B]" Ash whispered as pain along with a feeling of coldness started to spread through his body. "[B]Get out of here, there's a building to the west, take Charlotte and run before it's too late.[/B]"

Ash summoned the last of his strength and pushed away from Ian and rushed Jeanne who fired at him again when she realized what he was doing. He staggered again as this time the shot caught him in the chest, but it was too late, he was close enough that he caught her arm and dragged her to the ground when he fell. And then he held on to her dress as long as he could. [I]I hope they got away, [/I]he thought as he finally fell into darkness.

Jeanne was trying to struggle free, but Ash's grip even in death was unrelenting. Finally with a snarl as something inside her snapped she ripped her dress to free herself. It was too late though, Charlotte and the one with her had already fled the building. As she stood up the feeling of needing to kill the baby became even more powerful and even more strong.

"[B]Lets go Marta, I won't let those fools get away. I'll kill both of them if I have to![/B]" She started to head for the door and stopped when she realized that Marta was not with her.

"[B]What are you doing?[/B]" She said when she saw Marta remove her outer jacket and place it gently over Ash's face. "[B]It's his fault for getting in the way.[/B]"

Marta stood up and then walked over and slapped Jeanne. "[B]I may have agreed to help you kill the baby but I did not agree to help you kill others.[/B]"

Jeanne grabbed her shirt, "[B]Fine! So long as you don't get in my way I don't give a damn, now lets go![/B]" She pulled her along as she headed for the doors that Charlotte and Ian had fled through.

Marta pulled free and followed along on her own. [I]If being free of the curse means more people are going to die... Perhaps it would have been better if I had stayed cursed.[/I] She thought as they approached the doors.[I] I'm sorry Ash, I should have stopped her.[/I] And as they walked outside into the night she wondered if she could continue allowing others to die while she did nothing.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-bloodlustcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much distrust, so much contention, it wasn't just the souls who were affected, even the Gods and others who were merely bystanders. If anything, the time for peace was long overdue as the battle dragged on. [I]Such foolishness on Illyria and Paraxis' part. Only by dealing in truth will one find the way.[/I] Raone thought sadly.

[CENTER][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img][/CENTER]
"[B]Hurry Charlotte![/B]" Ian urged her, even as he helped her back up after she stumbled and fell to her knees.

"[B]That poor boy.[/B]" Charlotte sobbed. "[B]If he hadn't done what he did...[/B]" If he hadn't interfered, that horrible woman would have killed her, but doing so had mostly likely cost him his own life. She had seen the other woman, in a wedding dress no less, shoot him again when Ian had dragged her through the doors and out into the night.

"[B]Please Charlotte,[/B]" Ian begged her. "[B]Don't let his sacrifice be in vain! You have to keep running.[/B]"

Charlotte nodded. "[B]You're right.[/B]" She got up and did her best to run as fast as she could, but it was hard and tiring. How could they possibly outrun the other two women anyway? Even if she was younger, she was burdened with child. Charlotte just focused on putting one foot in front of the other, doing her best to ignore the horrible feeling that at any moment she would be shot from behind.

But as they ran, neither one could hear any signs of pursuit behind them, perhaps they had gone the wrong way? She could only hope so. [I]How did it come to this? Why? Why would anyone want to kill my child? [/I]It was the one thing she did not understand. Her baby was innocent of any wrongdoing, if there was any sin to be had it was her's and not the baby's.

"[B]I don't think I can run much longer.[/B]" Charlotte managed to say as they continued.

"[B]You won't have to, there's a building right there, we should see if there is anything that can help us since Ash told me it was here.[/B]" Ian explained even as they slowed to a walk as they approached it.

A section of the building vanished as they approached and for a brief moment they halted until Charlotte shook her head. "[B]We must enter, that poor boy gave his life so we could get here. There must be something inside.[/B]" She took Ian's hand in her own and walked in. Her eyes immediately drawn to a single column of light in the center, curious she walked over to it and then without knowing why she stood in the light, pulling Ian along.

But when she could see again, to her surprise she was on an open platform in the middle of yet another building, one similar to where they had just been. Curious she stepped out of the light and halted when a section of the wall vanished, leading to the outside. But it was not the same place they had just been. Somehow the mysterious light had taken them elsewhere.

"[B]Of course![/B]" Ian exclaimed. "[B]He must have known this was here.[/B]" He grabbed Charlotte's hand again since she had let go after pulling him into the light. "[B]We must hurry to put more distance between us and that woman who is trying to kill your child.[/B]"

"[B]Thank you Ash,[/B]" Charlotte whispered as her and Ian walked out into the night to hunt for a place to hide from the woman who was hunting them. If where they were was not heaven, and after all she had seen she knew in her heart that it could not be. Charlotte hoped that the poor boy was finally at peace and reunited with the people he cared about.

[indent][size=1]Illyria placed his finger in the pool and laughed. While the others bickered amongst themselves the trickster would use this opportunity to gain the advantage. All it would take is a touch of Madness, and young Patrick would fill that role perfectly...

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-madnesscard.png[/img][/center]
The Kaijin smiled as it led the group through another set of doors. To these men and women it seemed to be an impossible maze, a labyrinth, but after millennia in this cursed place he alone had learned its’ secrets. In time he would get his revenge on his captors, the Gods of love and deception, but that would require patience. Fortunately for the Kaijin patience was a virtue it had learned over time. Mercy, however, was not.

“[b]What more can you tell me of this bride?[/b]” it asked as it stood towering over Naomi, “[b]This woman could end everything![/b]”

The young woman cowered in fear as it stared into the Kaijin’s amber eyes, “[b]I don’t know. One minute I was with her, and the next I’m with you three…[/b]”

“[b]This hell grows worse with every turn,[/b]” Patrick added, “[b]Charlotte might be dead already…[/b]”

The Kaijin nodded in agreement.

“[b]We must make haste. I sense that the Gods have dispersed their powers once more, perhaps that will draw us closer to the child.[/b]”

Patrick smiled at Cho, “[b]You have nothing to worry about. I will protect you… I love you…[/b]”

Cho Hee remained silent. To say the least, she was disgusted to be aligned with them, but she knew she had no choice. She thought of Reiko, who had given her life to protect Cho, and the rest who had died before her. If the time came, would she be strong enough to do the same for another?

“[b]Did you not hear me, Cho?[/b]” the young man said, “[b]I love you. Damn. This feeling overtaking me is so new and exciting, it almost makes being in this awful place worth it.[/b]”

“[b]I… I love you too…[/b]” she replied softly, thinking of Reiko once again, “[b]Let’s both hope you won’t have to protect anyone, Patrick.[/b]”

Naomi motioned towards the next set of doors, and the Kaijin opened them slowly. Once again the group was transported to another strange and unusual place; this time it appeared to be an art gallery of some kind. Paintings lined the walls, each one detailing a death more horrific than the last. Even Naomi couldn’t help but hide her eyes from the terrible sights the artwork portrayed.

It was then Patrick realized that the Kaijin had disappeared.

“[b]She’s gone![/b]” he shouted in surprise as he looked up and down the hallway for the strange creature.

“[b]The Kaijin?[/b]” Cho asked, still holding tightly onto her sword, “[b]But I thought it couldn’t get lost around here… why would it leave us?[/b]”

Confused and uncertain the trio continued searching through the poorly lit gallery. Patrick held tightly onto Cho’s hand as they walked. Although she didn’t care for Patrick in the same way that she did Reiko, his affection was welcome. At the very least she found his touch comforting was they delved deeper into the strange place.

Suddenly a young woman, draped in a bloodied white wedding gown appeared from around the corner. She saw the group out of the corner of her eye and turned to them quickly, shaking a handgun menacingly in their direction. Accompanying her was Marta, who appeared to have freed herself from her curse.

“[b]It’s the bride![/b]” Naomi shrieked, “[b]You have to stop, Jeanne. You can’t kill the child.[/b]”

Jeanne narrowed her eyes. “[b]I’ve no time for this. Marta and I need to kill it now![/b]”

“[b]You’ve got to be joking![/b]” Cho replied as she readied her weapon, “[b]You‘ll have to get through us first, you bitch![/b]”

Jeanne aimed her pistol at Cho, and fired, “[b]You won’t move, fine![/b]”

Reacting instinctively Patrick leapt in front of Cho Hee, absorbing the gunfire within his own chest. He dropped to the ground, pale and unconscious as blood poured out from his wound. Cho dropped her weapon instantly, cradling the young man and shrieking hysterically.

“[b]What have you done?[/b]” Marta asked as she backed away from Jeanne.

The bride turned towards Marta, her face red with Patrick’s blood, “[b]I did what I had to. We can‘t lose the bitch and her--[/b]”

Naomi charged at Jeanne from behind, pinning her to the ground.

“[b]Stay down, Jeanne! I can‘t let you hurt anyone else![/b]”

The bride struggled to free herself from Naomi, but was unable. She looked to Marta for help as the gun slipped out of her hand.

“[b]Do something, you bitch! Hurry![/b]”

Marta stood over the two as they wrestled across the floor. Cho was still crying, begging someone, anyone for help with Patrick. It reminded her of the pain she had caused her husband, and for the first time in her life she felt remorse over his death.

“[b]I‘m sorry for everything, I… I… can’t…[/b]” Marta said softly as she ran off into the distance, her eyes filled with tears.

“[b]Dammit![/b]” Jeanne shouted as she pushed Naomi off of her, “[b]I guess I’ll have to do this myself.[/b]”

She quickly grabbed the gun off of the ground and fired it at Naomi, barely missing the girl’s head.

“[b]I won’t let you hurt anyone else, Jeanne![/b]”

“[b]It’s not like you have a choice…[/b]”

Jeanne pointed the gun at Naomi once more, her hand trembling. Naomi clenched her fist in anger, focusing intensely on Jeanne. The bride closed her eyes, and collapsed onto the ground suddenly.

“[b]Oh God, what happened?[/b]” Cho asked.

A familiar voice called out from behind them, “[b]The Daughter of Jachym and of Celesta has used her gifts to protect you.[/b]”

Cho turned around to discover the Kaijin standing behind them.

“[b]She drew the blood in Jeanne’s body to her head, knocking her unconscious. A wise move, indeed.[/b]”

Naomi rubbed her forehead, trying to get a bearing of what was going on around her.

“[b]I did?[/b] she asked, “[b]I just knew that I had to stop her somehow… it’s hard to believe I have that kind of power.[/b]”

“[b]It comes at a price, Naomi.[/b]” Cho said as kissed Patrick on the forehead “[b]Why does he have to die, too?[/b]”

Naomi stood to her feet.

“[b]He doesn’t have to,[/b]” she replied, “[b]I have the power to heal. Don’t I, Kaijin?[/b]”

The Kaijin nodded.

“[b]The boy’s wound is fatal. Healing it would require a great sacrifice.[/b]”

“[b]I’m not sure I have the strength, but I have to try.[/b]”

“[b]You can’t, if you were to fall… your gifts…[/b]”

“[b]--My gifts are to help! Kaijin. It’s time.[/b]”

Naomi sat near Patrick and placed her hands on his injury as they began to glow. The familiar white light filled the room, and within an instant Patrick’s wounds were fully healed. When the light cleared Naomi’s body began convulsing violently as she experienced the pain that the young man had experienced.

Several minutes passed before Patrick awoke to discover Cho Hee and Naomi watching him slowly. Across the room the Kaijin stood silent over Jeanne, waiting for her to recover.

“[b]The boy is awake, we leave now.[/b]”The Kaijin muttered as it picked up Jeanne’s body and lifted it over its‘ shoulder, “[b]The child must be found.[/b]”

“[b]What happened?[/b]” Patrick asked as he looked towards Jeanne, “[b]How am I alive? That strange weapon..[/b]”

“[b]I healed you with my power, Patrick,[/b]” Naomi said softly as she reached for her chest, “[b]Even though there aren’t any wounds, I can still feel the pain she caused you…[/b]”

“[b]Is she..?[/b]”

The Kaijin shook its’ head, “[b]I’ve not the ability to harm those blessed with the will of the Gods. You three must decide her fate.[/b]”

There was a moment of silence as the three stared at one another.

“[b]The bitch needs to die,[/b]” Naomi said bitterly, “[b]We have all suffered enough.[/b]”

Cho nodded in agreement, “[b]She tried to kill me. What more can we do if she awakens?[/b]”

“[b]We can’t[/b]” Patrick replied, “[b]It’s exactly what they want us to do. Wear us away until there is only one. We need to show the woman compassion.[/b]”

Patrick grabbed Cho’s hand.

“[b]Maybe he’s right, Naomi,[/b]” she added, “[b]Take her weapon and let’s leave her in this place.[/b]”

Reluctantly Naomi nodded, and removed the weapon from Jeanne, placing it in her pocket. Patrick turned to Cho Hee and smiled.

“[b]There is so much I want to say to you, my love,[/b]” he said cheerfully as he gave her a hug, “[b]Is there any way we can be alone for a moment..?[/b]”

Cho Hee looked to the Kaijin for approval.

“[b]Don’t stray too far, Daughter of Bellana and Son of Illyria. We must hurry.[/b]”

The two walked hand-in-hand into the distance. While Cho was not attracted to Patrick as she was to Reiko, a few moments of passion were the least she could do to thank the man who had saved her, and whom she had suddenly grown fond of. Despite the pain he had endured so far, for a few minutes the young man had finally found peace.

Meanwhile the Kaijin and Naomi watched over Jeanne.

“[b]Son of Illyria?[/b] Naomi asked, “[b]I thought you didn’t care for Patrick?[/b]”

“[b]My feelings are of little import,[/b]” the creature replied, “[b]It seems the God of Madness has blessed the boy unknowingly. I sense the power now within him.[/b]”

“[b]Does that mean someone else has died?[/b]”

“[b]It would seem so. At this rate soon all of the powers of light and darkness will be drawn to us…[/b]”

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/img][/center]

Marta Kramer continued running as fast as she could before reaching a small clearing in the middle of another strange forest. She could smell the scent of fresh cooked eggs from the distance, and found herself drawn to it.

“[b]Is anyone there?[/b]” Marta called out into the distance as she followed the scent. Soon she stumbled across a small campfire, one belonging to Charlotte and Ian. The two were wrapped in a large blanket, unclothed and in the middle of a passionate embrace as the noblewoman saw the woman approach.

“[b]It’s her, Ian![/b]” Charlotte screamed, “[b]They’ve found us![/b]”

Ian stared at Marta for a moment, struggling to remember who she was.

“[b]She looks familiar… I can’t recall…[/b]” Ian replied, “[b]But I sense no ill-will from her. She only wants a place to rest.[/b]”

Marta wondered how the man could forget who she was. Perhaps, she thought, he was one of the cursed souls. Charlotte wrapped a blanket around her body and handed Marta a small plate containing some eggs and sausage.

“[b]If Ian trusts you that’s good enough for me,[/b]” she said, “[b]Please, eat. It‘s only one course, but…[/b]”

“[b]Oh thank you![/b]” Marta said with glee as she began to eat, “[b]It’s been so long since I’ve had a good meal.[/b]”

“[b]Ian is quite the chef, isn’t he? He‘s been cooking for the three of us for weeks…[/b]”

“[b]What do you mean?[/b]”

“[b]Ever since that horrible woman found us, we’ve been hiding in this forest. I don’t know how long it’s been, but it must have been several weeks so far.[/b]”

Ian quickly dressed himself in the background as Charlotte spoke.

“[b]We’ve been very fortunate to have found a forest with so many plump birds. It’s exactly what the boy needs…[/b]”

Marta placed her plate down on the ground as she heard a high-pitched crying could be heard from underneath the pile of blankets. Marta slowly walked towards the noise, and removed one of the covers to reveal a newborn baby boy resting on the forest floor. Charlotte picked up the child, and handed it to Marta.

“[b]This is little Kenneth,[/b]” the mother said, “[b]…and what did you say your name was, again?[/b]”[/size][/indent]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Bellanna was tired, beyond tired of both Illyria and the new game by Paraxis. Enough that she was ready to simply turn her back on things and walk away. The games no longer amused her. It was always the same, like a never ending cycle of stupidity.[I] Perhaps its time we all left, never to return.[/I] Though she suppressed the thought quickly enough. It didn't change the feelings of discontentment and disillusionment though.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/img][/center]
Naomi had tried to be mindful of the warning that Celesta had given her, but the longer she was around the others, the harder it became. And even though she felt uneasy around the Kaijin, she also felt that the others would not heed her warning even if she were to say something. Perhaps the only one who would believe her would be Jeanne. It was then that it hit her! Celesta's words...

[I]You must warn the others if you can, [B]the Kaijin cannot be trusted, you must destroy it if you can[/B] to end the unbalance caused by it's presence, [B]only then will Jeanne return to herself [/B]and will the Ragnarok come to it's conclusion.[/I]

That was it! She needed to somehow convince Jeanne that they had to destroy the Kaijin in order for her to destroy the baby. But then once the Kaijin was dead, Jeanne would lose the desire to kill the baby. [I]Why didn't I think of this sooner? [/I] But as she looked at the Kaijin and Jeanne who was still unconscious she wondered how she could get away. Patrick and Cho had not returned yet. [I]I have to get her away from this monster somehow.[/I]

"[B]Perhaps it would be best if I carry Jeanne,[/B]" Naomi spoke up, carefully looking at Jeanne instead directly at the Kaijin. "[B]I can keep her unconcious and for some reason, I get the feeling that I can somehow carry her even though I am not that strong.[/B]"

"[B]Such a thing would be an easy task for the daughter of Jachym.[/B]" It said. "[B]Very well, you must keep her in this state until we can decide what to do with her. So long as she is a daughter of Treisleilai I cannot harm her.[/B]"

Naomi took Jeanne from the Kaijin, expecting her to be heavy but instead, just as she had felt she could, somehow it was if she weighed next to nothing.[I] I just hope this power continues to help me long enough to get away from them.[/I] Naomi finished adjusting herself so she could run and then turned back to the Kaijin.

"[B]It's been a very long time since the other two left, I'm worried about them. Perhaps you should check on them.[/B]" Naomi suggested.

"[B]There is no need.[/B]" The Kaijin replied. "[B]I can easily sense that they are fine.[/B]"

"[B]Please, I can't sense it and it would make me feel better if you did.[/B]" Naomi kept her expression as neutral as possible.[I] I wonder if I can even fool this thing?[/I]

"[B]Very well, I will only be a moment.[/B]"

Naomi just settled down as if she was going no where, but the moment the creature was out of sight she took off, running as fast as she could while holding Jeanne over her right shoulder. Door after door, room after room, until finally she could run no more and she sat down after setting Jeanne down. Then when she had caught her breath she reached over and touched Jeanne, waking her up though she didn't fully understand how she could do so.

"[B]Please,[/B]" Naomi said before Jeanne could do more than look at her. "[B]At least listen to me before you do anything, I want to help you.[/B]"

"[B]I have to kill the baby.[/B]" Jeanne said stubbornly.

"[B]I know! I know! But the thing is, that monster the Kaijin has been sent to protect the baby. Until you get rid of it you won't be able to. It's been tricking the rest of us into helping it.[/B]" Naomi explained.

"[B]You seemed pretty determined to stop me. How can I believe that you were tricked?[/B]" Jeanne said as she finally sat up.

"[B]I brought you here didn't I?[/B]" Naomi indicated the small room they were in, empty except for a few pieces of furniture. It reminded her of a waiting room for seeing a medical doctor.

Naomi sighed. "[B]Please, I can't help you kill the baby, but I can help you kill that creature, I have to stop it. But I don't think I can do it alone, especially since those other two have been completely taken in by it.[/B]"

"[B]So you've been tasked with killing that creature then.[/B]" Jeanne said even as she stood up. "[B]Just as I have been tasked to kill the baby. For the moment, it seems our task is tied together. But I have nothing to use or to help you with.[/B]"

Naomi took the gun out of her pocket and tossed it back to Jeanne who caught it and then looked back at Naomi in surprise.

"[B]I told you, I have to get rid of the Kaijin and I can't do that without your help.[/B]" Naomi waited for her to answer, wondering if it was a mistake and yet knowing that she had to try.

Jeanne tucked the gun into her outfit. "[B]All right, for now our target is the same, we'll worry about what to do after that thing is dead. Though how are you suppose to be able to help?[/B]"

"[B]We need to find a large body of water, I don't fully understand how, but I can use that against the Kaijin.[/B]" Naomi explained.

"[B]All right, then lets look for some.[/B]" Jeanne started heading towards one of the doors, pausing only long enough to make sure that Naomi was following along.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]“[B]Why don’t you just admit defeat Treisleilai?[/B]” Jachym taunted. “[B]Even if the others will say nothing, it is clear that your time is nearly up.[/B]”

“[B]Why don’t you go and drown yourself fool.[/B]” Treisleilai hissed at Jachym. “[B]Even if I do not win, you can never remove sin from the world, just watching the souls is enough to see that.[/B]”

“[B]Oh just shut up you two![/B]” Bellanna snapped. “[B]Honestly, I’m ready to leave right this minute if it means I never have to hear the two of you bickering like a bunch of immature children ever again.[/B]”

“[B]I stand corrected,[/B]” Jachym mocked Bellanna. “[B]And here I was thinking it was Treisleilai who was nearly done for, perhaps it is you instead.[/B]”

Bellanna sighed. “[B]I should have never agreed to this.[/B]”

Jachym just watched as she stalked out of the room in the main temple, leaving them behind. And then he turned his attention back to Treisleilai who in his opinion, really was about to lose the game.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/img][/center]
The longer they traveled looking for water, the more Jeanne began to suspect that Naomi was up to no good, or that she was deceiving her on some level. But she couldn’t figure out just how she was doing so. She felt into her pockets to check and see just how much ammo she had, not even sure how she had ended up with the gun in the first place. Deep within the main pocket there was a small box, curious she pulled it out and took a look. It was full with the bullets that she needed. Waving at Naomi to stop, Jeanne took a moment to reload her gun.

Then she stuffed the box back into her pocket and motioned for them to continue, but the longer they hunted without finding either the baby, or some water, the more Jeanne began to think that Naomi had lied to her from the very beginning. And the longer they continued, the more her desire to kill the baby grew, until she could think of little else, the desire to kill that abomination was so strong that it was almost making her sick. Jeanne came to a halt.

“[B]You’re lying to me.[/B]” She said softly as she turned to face Naomi and for just a brief flash she saw guilt in her eyes, guilt that was quickly hidden.

“[B]I knew it, you are lying to me[/B].” Jeanne raised her gun and pointed it at Naomi. “[B]Just what the hell are you trying to do here?[/B]”

“[B]I’m not lying![/B]” Naomi protested. “[B]The Kaijin really was sent her to protect Charlotte’s baby! We have to stop it![/B]”

Jeanne pulled the trigger, causing Naomi to jump even though she had missed on purpose. “[B]Next time I won’t miss. Now tell me the truth.[/B]”

Naomi took a step back and then froze when Jeanne readied the gun with a click, “[B]I did tell you the truth. Please, I‘m not lying.”[/B]

Disgusted, Jeanne shot her directly in her right shoulder, ignoring Naomi’s scream of pain as she dropped to her knees, clutching at her shoulder that had started to bleed. She walked forward and pointed the gun down, straight between Naomi's eyes.

“[B]I can tell that you are lying to me, either you tell me now or I’ll start putting more holes in you until either you talk or you’re dead.[/B]” Jeanne said coldly.

Naomi looked past the barrel of the gun pointed right at her face, her vision blurred from the tears running down her face. But that didn’t obscure the pure look of hatred in Jeanne’s eyes. [I]Gods, if I don’t tell her… she really will kill me. What was I thinking? I should have never given the gun back to her.[/I] Another shot rang out when Naomi didn’t answer her quickly enough, this time, hitting Naomi’s right arm, causing her to cry out in pain again as she tried to stem the blood flowing from the second wound.

“[B]Please,[/B]” Naomi begged as she struggled to stay on her knees instead of falling over. “[B]I didn’t lie to you… But I didn’t tell you everything either.”[/B] She crumpled further, sitting on the floor, shaking with the effort to still the crying and from the waves of pain radiating from her shoulder and her arm where Jeanne had shot her.

Jeanne was unmoved, “[B]I suggest you tell me before I lose my patience and blow your head off.[/B]”

Naomi struggled to breath, to ride through the pain, it was far worse than when she had healed Patrick. “[B]I was told that the fate of the Gods was being decided and that the Kaijin was summoned to protect Charlotte’s child and that you were changed so you would want to kill the child.[/B]” She shivered violently as another wave of pain ran through her. Naomi took another deep breath.

“[B]The Goddess of Life, Celesta told me that we can’t trust the Kaijin and that unless we destroy it you won’t return to your normal self and that this place, the Ragnarok won’t end,[/B]” Naomi shook even harder, this time with fear that Jeanne would not believe her and kill her anyway. “[B]I only know that the Kaijin is evil, I can sense it. But at the same time there is something about it that tricks you into thinking it means to help you. I thought if I got you away from it and we managed to destroy it, that it would fix things.[/B]”

“[B]Please,[/B]” Naomi begged her again. “[B]That’s all I know.[/B]” She looked away, still clutching at her arm and wondering just what she was going to do since she didn’t know if the healing power would help her or not. Though if Jeanne did blow her head off, she doubted that it would matter at that point.

“[B]You should have told me that to begin with.[/B]” Jeanne finally said. “[B]I’m not sure if I believe you or not.[/B]”

Naomi looked back up at her, tears running down her face as she cried. “[B]Please, it’s the truth. I won’t keep anything from you again, I promise.[/B]”

Naomi shook even more as she fought to stay conscious, but then the pain and the loss of blood caught up with her and the last thing she remembered before she passed out was the cold look in Jeanne’s eyes.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Celesta merely watched as Bellanna stormed out of the temple, clearly annoyed. She wasn't the only one, even Raone, though he seemed as calm as always, Celesta could easily sense his unease. Or so she thought. She lacked the ability to see the truth as he did. But still, Celesta was certain that he was unhappy with how things were progressing. And yet Illyria and Paraxis, other than their irritation with each other, they seemed far from it.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Cho could have never guessed that her life would be turned upside down so drastically. And even though on some level she had resigned herself to what was happening, she wished that it had never had. Reiko, Jamie and now Patrick. Each one making her feel like she was slowly going insane. Tears started flowing down her face as she silently got dressed.

"[B]Why are you crying Cho?[/B]" Patrick asked her confused by her sad expression.

"[B]It's nothing Patrick, we should return to the others.[/B]" Cho hastily brushed the tears away and put her fake smile back on.

"[B]No it's not![/B]" Patrick grabbed her right wrist tightly, all sorts of wild thoughts entering his mind.[I] Were the other women jealous of her beauty? Had they said something to hurt her feelings? [/I] His expression darkened just a tiny bit at the thought.

"[B]Please Patrick, you're hurting me, let go![/B]" Cho pulled free only to jump when he grabbed her again with both hands this time.

"[B]I would never hurt you Cho! How could you say that?[/B]"

"[B]No! You misunderstand! I only meant that you were holding my wrist a little too tightly.[/B]" Cho was startled by the intensity of Patrick's gaze, it was different than what she had seen in the others. It was a bit frightening.

"[B]Daughter of Bellanna and Son of Illyria, we must make haste.[/B]"

Startled Patrick let go, turning to face the Kaijin as a surge of possessiveness overcame him. [I]They're all trying to come between me and Cho! [/I] He thought.

"[B]What are you talking about? Surely you can give us a little more time![/B]" Patrick objected.

"[B]If that is your wish, however, Naomi has taken Jeanne and fled with her. If we don't hurry they will get to the baby before we can.[/B]" The Kaijin explained.

"[B]I don't understand, why would she do that?[/B]" Cho was puzzled, Naomi had been so quick to help them subdue Jeanne and had even healed Patrick.

"[B]I wish it were not so, but I fear that Jeanne has somehow tainted Naomi with the power within her.[/B]"

"[B]Then I say good riddance to both of them.[/B]" Patrick turned to smile at Cho. "[B]I'd rather be alone with you anyway.[/B]"

Cho started to object and then stopped, too tired to care anymore. It made no sense. Patrick's obsessive behavior as well as what Naomi had done. Just as she still was uncertain about the Kaijin and it's motives.

"[B]All right, lets get going.[/B]" Cho told the the Kaijin.

"[B]So you're saying you don't want to be alone with me? Is that it?[/B]" Patrick glared at her a bit. How could she not see how much he loved her?

"[B]Please Patrick! I'm not trying to start a fight. Don't you want to help that poor baby? What if it was our own child?[/B]"

Patrick pulled back a bit... Their own child? Patrick nodded. "[B]Lets get going then.[/B]" He took Cho's hand in his own and turned to face the Kaijin, to follow it since they were unable to sense the others like it could.

[font=Palatino Linotype][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Paraxis had a problem in the form of the Kaijin. That ungodly creature could well destroy his precious game and ruin his noble intentions. The Pale Prince was not pleased that Illyria had summoned a being from the Otherworld to meddle in the affairs between the deities and the mortals.

Paraxis knew he had to be careful.[/COLOR]

[CENTER]~~~~~
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-undeadcard-1.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Jeanne Rawlings abandoned Naomi Gallo to the pool of blood she was lying in. She did not stay long enough to see how Naomi's wounds began to heal by themselves.

Instead, Jeanne continued forward in the labyrinth of rooms. Finally she came to hall that reminded her of an old castle. There was a pair of great wooden gates in front of her, just down a flight of wide stone stairs. Light filtered in streaks through the narrow stainglass windows, giving the hall an eerie, almost sacred feel to it.

But all that wondrosity was meaningless to Jeanne. She was blinded by her thirst for blood. The blood of a newborn baby. But also the blood of the treacherous Marta Kramer, who was supposed to help her but had betrayed her instead by escaping. Her mind was filled with the darkest thoughts.

However, as Jeanne walked down the stairs, her ragged wedding dress scraping the stone surface, she felt the bloodlust and the anger fade. She felt someone behind her, but was in too much of a shock to turn around.

"[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I apologize what I have done to you, Jeanne Rawlings [/COLOR]", an ancient, dry voice said, echoing through the walls. "[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I have made you my weapon in this war. Marta Kramer was meant to be your aide, but she betrayed both you and me. For that, she shall suffer. But you mustn't give up hope. I shall grant you my horrifying power, which will protect you for as long as I deem it necessary. That power also reversed the curse put into you by my sister. I will no longer torment you with waves of burning desire for blood. From now on, your mission will be crystal clear to you: you must kill Charlotte's baby before it's too late. Before the Ragnarok is altered by other hands than mine.[/COLOR]"

Jeanne closed her eyes as she felt the presence approaching her. She felt lips on her neck, and they gave her a kiss that felt both freezing and scorching at the same time, both dry and wet, both passionate and spiteful. It was the Kiss of Death.

Then the being left the hall. As Jeanne lifted her hand to touch her neck, she saw that the skin on it had turned pallid and wrinkly.

[CENTER]~~~~~[/CENTER]
[SIZE="1"][B]OoC[/B]: The Undead Card caused the removal of the Bloodlust Card, and no other cards can be used on Jeanne for as long as she's undead.[/SIZE][/font]

Raone just watched on as the bickering continued, he had carefully watched each of his brethren and now, as the final moments approached there was little to be said. He knew just which souls belong to which God. Now, it was only a matter of carefully planning and playing out his next moves to ensure that truth would emerge as the victor of the Ragnarok. Raone was close to achieving that goal, he could feel it. But even he was still subject to the whims of fate, to the final moves of his brethren.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/img][/center]
Marta had wandered off by herself with baby Kenneth in her arms. She did not go too far though, only enough to give both Charlotte and Ian the privacy they required. She certainly wasn't going to stick around while they were being intimate with one another. It made no sense to her but as she stayed in the woods with them, over the next couple of weeks she began to get a clearer picture. Ian, as a result of what he had been given had lost quite a few of his own memories. He still knew his name, he still could remember his childhood, but most of his memories as an adult were gone.

Marta smiled at baby Kenneth and tickled his stomach causing him to smile back at her.[I] I wonder if things would have been different if I had children? [/I]There was something unbelievably wonderful about holding the tiny child and each time he smiled at her, she couldn't help but feel a little less bitter, a little less hatred.[I] No wonder mothers are so happy.[/I] She thought as she tickled him again, this time getting an even bigger toothless grin from the child.

When Marta judged that enough time had passed, she stood up and started back to where they had been staying. Marta didn't want to walk back too soon, she had done that once and the memory of seeing them together like that still made her feel embarrassed, even though she was an adult and had never been shy about such things. [I]If only things could stay like this,[/I] she thought. It made no sense as to why Jeanne had not found them, she didn't understand why Death had not punished her for running instead of helping her. But something inside her had snapped when Jeanne had killed Ash and she just couldn't do it.

"[B]There you are Marta![/B]" Charlotte said as Marta approached the area they were in. "[B]I was about to come looking for you.[/B]"

"[B]Thank you for watching Kenneth, though you don't have to give us that much time alone[/B]." Ian smiled at Marta. "[B]You were gone so long that I've already started making dinner.[/B]"

"[B]I don't mind.[/B]" Marta said. "[B]Kenneth is a good baby, he rarely cries.[/B]"

Marta moved to hand the baby back to Charlotte, not giving their surroundings a second thought as she moved to walk through the lattice door that was a part of an older abandoned garden that they had found. She had done so many times since she had found them.

But this time, neither she nor the others noticed the faint glow surround the wooden archway with vines running though it. As Marta stepped through, instead of ending up in front of Charlotte, her and baby Kenneth vanished, leaving Ian and Charlotte staring in horror at where they had just been.

[CENTER]************************[/CENTER]
Naomi woke up to the smell of blood, her own blood. She was lying in it on the floor of the room she had been in. [I]I'm still alive? [/I]Cautiously she looked around, but Jeanne was no where to be seen. She kept lying on her back, staring at the ceiling of the room she was in. Naomi was still feeling a bit dazed, and oddly, even though her arm and shoulder still ached quite a bit, the pain was nothing like it had been before. She turned to look at her shoulder and arm. To her surprise the wounds were nearly closed.

Naomi started to cry with relief. Jeanne it seemed had simply left her to die, not realizing that the power Celesta had given her would eventually heal her.[I] It's a good thing she didn't realize that.[/I] Naomi thought.[I] If she had... she probably would have killed me, to keep the power from working. [/I] She was thinking of getting up when a flash of light startled her. Instinctively she closed her eyes, and then nearly jumped out of her skin when someone spoke.

"[B]What in the world? How did we get here?[/B]" The woman's voice said.

Alarmed Naomi opened her eyes to look, still too tired to even move. It was the older woman who had been with Jeanne! Marta! And she was holding a baby! [I]Is that the child that Jeanne is trying to kill?[/I] Naomi tried to get up, but she was so tired and the tiny bit of movement she made just made her shoulder and arm hurt. Even if she was healing, it was too soon for her to be able to move on her own again.

"[B]What happened to you?[/B]" Marta started to ask her as she came over and knelt next to Naomi on the left side to avoid bumping her injured side. Before Naomi could relply her expression darkened and she spoke again.

"[B]Never mind, she shot you, didn't she?[/B]" Marta continued after Naomi nodded in agreement. "[B]I don't understand though, you seem to be healing on your own, how is this possible?[/B]"

"[B]I was given the power to heal by the Goddess of Life, Celesta. Fortunately, Jeanne did not realize this and simply left me to die.[/B]" Naomi whispered.

Marta just scowled. [I]I was right to leave Jeanne,[/I] she thought. [I]Just as I won't let her harm this child either.[/I] Marta looked back down at Naomi and reached out with her right hand to gently squeeze her left shoulder.

"[B]Do you know how long it's been since she left? I can't let her find this child and yet I don't want to leave you here on your own either.[/B]"

"[B]I'm sorry, I don't know.[/B]" Naomi struggled to sit up, still feeling weak even though the wounds were now fully closed. "[B]But it's unlikely that she'll return here, at least not for a little while, and once I've recovered I can help you protect the baby. Well if there is any water around that is. [/B]"

"[B]Why would water matter?[/B]" Marta asked her.

"[B]I don't know, somehow I can control that too.[/B]" Naomi moved until she was leaning back against one of the padded chairs in the room. "[B]If you feel you can't wait, then go, but if you can... Please let me help you. We have to stop the Kaijin and keep Jeanne from harming the baby.[/B]"

Marta watched as the wounds on Naomi not only finished closing but the flesh started turning pink and healthy again. Even if she couldn't help with protection, such a powerful healing ability would be useful.

"[B]All right, we can rest here for a while. I need to tend to baby Kenneth anyway.[/B]"

[size=1][indent]Raone turned to Illyria, his eyes filled with animosity towards the God of Madness.

“[b]To interfere with the game so,[/b]” he huffed, “[b]You should be removed for your treachery, trickster.[/b]”

“[b]For someone who claims to see the truth, it seems ironic that you would miss the obvious, brother,,[/b]” Illyria replied smugly, “[b]The Kaijin is no longer mine. Bellana bound it to the fate of Man millennia ago; the game itself awoke the beast.[/b]”

Paraxis shook his head in disgust, “[b]Every time that monster interferes I can feel my own power over the Ragnarok slipping. The laws of time and space have become fractured -- ruined![/b]”

“[b]The tides are slipping out of my control as well,[/b]” Jachym added, “[b]How could we have overlooked that miserable child? It may well end in disaster for each of us.[/b]”

Raone stared into the pool and sighed, “[b]It would appear that for once that we are at the mercy of these souls. Their choices will ultimately determine our fate, and that of all Mankind…[/b]”

Illyria leaned back into his chair and stared into the pool with great anticipation.

“[b]I just love a game full of surprises, don‘t you?[/b]”

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/img][/center]
Jeanne continued wandering through the hall, passing through several doors before finding herself back in the forest. It was the middle of the night, but the moon was full. Although her vision had become worse since being cursed by Paraxis she was determined not to wait any longer to find the child.

The young woman could hear several familiar voices in the distance. She recognized one as the boy she had shot point blank in the chest, and another as the young Chinese girl… but who was the third? It sounded like an older man, his voice filled with urgency. Who was this stranger, and how had the young man survived his wound?

“[b]We must find the child,[/b]” it ordered sternly to the other two. Jeanne approached the sounds of their voice slowly, concealing herself from behind the cover of the forest.

“[b]We’ve been searching for hours, Kaijin,[/b]” Cho Hee replied angrily, “[b]I thought you knew how to find her![/b]”

“[b]It would seem she is on the move,[/b]” the voice said, “[b]Perhaps the bride is -- what? She draws near![/b]”

Jeanne quickly turned to run away as she felt something wrap tightly around her leg. She struggled for an instant until an unseen force lifted her into the air. It appeared that the young woman had fallen into a trap of some kind.

Her face covered by the frill and lace of the gown, Jeanne could hardly see what was constricting her, let alone how to escape. She looked at the forest floor, easily 15 feet below, and began to tremble in fear. She wondered if the others know that she was coming, or if this was one of the many dangers of the Ragnarok that the others had warned her about.

An imposing looking man led the others underneath Jeanne’s dangling body, groping around aimlessly in the dark. While the Kaijin appeared as centaur to Cho, and a beautiful woman to Patrick, to Jeanne it looked like a tall man dressed in a dark suit of armor.

“[b]I am certain the Daughter of Paraxis is here,[/b] the man in armor said, “[b]But where?[/b]”

“[b]That bitch..[/b]” Patrick said as he raised his sword, “[b]The second we find her, I swear I will kill her.[/b]”

Cho Hee shook her head in disbelief, “[b]You’re so angry, Patrick.. it frightens me. What could have changed you so quickly?[/b]”

Patrick ignored Cho and turned his head towards the sky. He spotted Jeanne’s signature white dress instantly.

“[b]There she is![/b]” he shouted, “[b]Dammit. How do I get up there, Kaijin?[/b]”

“[b]She is suspended by the trees,[/b]” the Kaijin replied, “[b]We will chop down these trees, and bring her back down to the forest floor.[/b]”

“[b]The fall will kill her![/b]” Cho shouted, “[b]She must be twenty feet high, if she‘s not dead already.[/b]”

“[b]No harm can come to the Daughter of Paraxis, regardless of the injury. She may be unconscious.[/b]”

Jeanne could feel the blood rushing to her head. If she tried to speak up they would no doubt try to attack her. She decided to play dead, and hope that they would find a way to let her down softly.

“[b]Can you hear me!?[/b]“ the young girl called out, “[b]She has to be dead.[/b]”

Patrick swung at one of the nearby trees with his sword passionately. “[b]Then let’s do it![/b]”

An enormous axe materialized out of thin air in front of the Kaijin. With a single strike he shattered several trees, freeing Jeanne’s body from the rope that had bound her leg. Like a rag doll she plummeted to the ground face first. Cho screamed in terror as red blood splattered across the group from Jeanne’s impact.

The bride remained silent. Although she had expected to feel great pain when she fell, she instead felt nothing at all. She remained limp as Patrick poked her backside with his sword, checking for any signs of life.

“[b]Maybe she [I]was[/I] dead after all,[/b]” he said.

“[b]She is not dead, Son of Illyria. You above all others should be able to detect this rude. Speak to us, child of death![/b]”

Jeanne quickly reached for her gun and turned towards the group. Patrick charged at her, but before he could strike she fired several times at him, impacting his shoulder and knocking him to the ground suddenly.

“[b]Ugh! Damn you![/b]” the young man said as he clutched his wound.

“[b]Will you ever learn?[/b]” she said as she struggled to get to her feet. Unfortunately for her she failed to notice that both of her legs were shattered from the fall. As much as she tried her legs would not respond.

“[b]….dammit…[/b]”

Her eyes full of tears, Cho Hee picked up Patrick’s sword and swung at Jeanne across her chest. The Kaijin watched the melee silently, unaffected by the violence happening before him. Jeanne attempted to fire at Cho, narrowly missing the girl as she swung the sword again, chopping off the bride’s arm.

“[b]What have you done…?[/b]” Jeanne asked as she drifted into unconsciousness. The forest around her seemed to spin as she watched Cho Hee rush to the young man‘s aide.

“[b]The boy will live if we can stop the bleeding,[/b]” The Kaijin said, “[b]This woman has proven most troublesome.[/b]”

“[b]Oh thank God![/b]” Cho said as she kissed Patrick, “[b]I can’t lose you, I can‘t lose you…[/b]”

Several hours later Jeanne awoke in complete darkness. Although her arm was still missing, somehow her legs and chest wound had been healed. She attempted to stand up, but bumped her head against a piece of wood. The young woman screamed for help. No reply. It was then that she realized that she wasn’t just in a crate, but in a coffin. Jeanne had been buried alive.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-shieldcard.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img]
(With this card you can protect one mortal soul from Death Cards! Boo-yah!)[/center][/size][/indent]

Raone shook his head in disgust, once again Illyria the trickster was dealing things in an underhanded method. Leaving him with no choice but to work around it, to take away the advantage that Iyllria was most likely depending on to win the Ragnarok via deceit. It was, without a doubt, time to make his move. And as he stared at the pool showing the souls, he knew just how to do so.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/img][/center]
"[B]Oh Ian! What are we going to do?[/B]" Charlotte sobbed when it became apparent that Marta and Kenneth really had disappeared. They had tried entering the lattice doorway with the faint glow surround the wooden archway with vines running though it. And though it did take them somewhere, it was not where the others were.

"[B]Don't worry Charlotte,[/B]" Ian gently brushed her tears away. "[B]Marta has taken good care of Kenneth all this time, she'll keep him safe until we can find them.[/B]"

Charlotte tried to be brave, but she couldn't help but worry about the crazy woman who had tried to kill her before, what if she found Marta and Kenneth? It was a thought that worried her greatly as she and Ian hunted through the maze of rooms and corridors they found themselves in.

It hadn't been long when they heard voices, and when it was apparent that it was not the horrible woman who was after Kenneth, hastily they headed towards whoever it was, eager to see if perhaps they had seen Marta and Kenneth.

"[B]I can sense them, the son if Raone is drawing near.[/B]" A male voice was saying.

But as Ian and Charlotte came into the next room, where Patrick, Cho and the Kaijin were, Ian halted. Placing himself between Charlotte and the monstrosity that was before him. It was nauseating to look at, as the creature's form shifted endlessly from monster to something beautiful and then back again, it's form never staying the same. And though he hated to lose even more memories Ian called upon the light for help once again.

"[B]We have to leave Charlotte,[/B]" he whispered urgently to her. "[B]We're in terrible danger, that creature...[/B]"

Charlotte gave out a gasp of terror as the tall and handsomely dressed man suddenly moved to grasp Ian by the front of his tunic, lifting him off of his feet and holding him in place.

"[B]You would do well to hold your tongue son of Raone.[/B]" The Kaijin hissed at him.

Ian struggled to pull free, "[B]Run Charlotte! This thing is only interested in using us to break free from being imprisoned by the Gods! To gain revenge...[/B]" Ian choked as the Kajin grasped his throat and then squeezed just enough to keep him from talking.

"[B]You must not be fooled by this man, he too is being used by the Gods.[/B]" The Kaijin said persuasively to Charlotte who was frozen in place. "[B]I will not harm him Charlotte, but I cannot allow him to poison your mind if we are to save your baby.[/B]"

"[B]Kenneth?[/B]" Charlotte said hesitantly. "[B]But Kenneth and Marta vanished, we don't know where they are.[/B]"

"[B]Patrick, Cho, see to Charlotte, I must free this one from what has been done to him.[/B]" The Kaijin took Ian and left the room, only letting go of his throat once they were far enough that the others could not hear them.

Ian struggled harder to get free but could not. "[B]There is nothing to free me from,[/B]" he declared, his voice but a harsh whisper after what the Kaijin had done. "[B]I see you for what you truly are monster.[/B]"

"[B]Then know this son of Raone, if not for being blessed by his power, I would have already dealt with you. Just as I could deal with Charlotte who is not blessed by any God and thus has no protection.[/B]" The Kaijin smiled a twisted smile when Ian stiffened in fear at his words.

"[B]You will keep quiet and in return I will not harm the mother, after all, I have no need of her anymore, now that the baby has been born.[/B]" The Kaijin waited patiently for it's words to sink in and then smiled even more when Ian finally nodded reluctantly.

"[B]Good, I knew you'd see things my way.[/B]" The Kaijin released him and then headed back to where the others were waiting.

"[B]Are you alright Ian?[/B]" Charlotte said as she rushed over to him.

Ian just nodded, not trusting himself to speak. What else could he say? From what the light told him, he knew that the Kajin would do as it threatened and he lacked the strength to stop it. The best he could hope for was to wait for a chance to make a run for it with Charlotte.

[CENTER][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/img] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soulswapcard.png[/IMG] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img][/CENTER]
[B]OCC:[/B] This card gives you the power to swap the owners of any two souls, regardless of who owns them.

?[B]Well now, that was interesting,[/B]? Celesta observed. ?[B]And far too good of an opportunity for putting an end to some of this trickery.[/B]?

?[B]It?s too soon to think that even more deceit is not in the air.[/B]? Raone cautioned.

?[B]I assure you Raone, I know better than to think that.[/B]? Celesta stated, carefully avoiding Illyria and Paraxis since both of them had proven to be dishonorable in their dealings within the Ragnarok.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/img][/center]
Ian was horribly torn, more than anything he wanted to get Charlotte away from the Kaijin, but it was crafty, clever and always made sure it was within easy reach of her. Occasionally gracing him with a smug smile when no one was looking. [I]Damn that thing! [/I] The others, Patrick and Cho were no better as they could not see the danger that they were in.

Cho seemed to not really care and Patrick was practically glued to her side and often glared at Ian and Charlotte as if their presence was not welcome. It was an agony to follow along with the charade of hunting for baby Kenneth when he knew that the Kaijin only intended to use it to escape the fate it was trapped in.

Ian was so busy worrying over the Kaijin that he didn?t even notice when they entered a huge passageway that seemed to lead into a castle. It took the rasp of steel to bring him to his senses and realize that they had been trapped by a steel grate crashing down to cover the entry way they had just walked through. And the other way out was blocked by strong doors. Ian pulled back in fear as he realized what the slits in the walls were for.

?[B]Be careful,[/B]? the Kaijin cautioned as it slyly looked at Ian. ?[B]Even my attempt to stop the curse on this man was not enough to prevent the trap from springing.[/B]?

?[B]So this is your fault![/B]? Patrick snarled at Ian. Ignoring his wound that he had received earlier as he moved towards Ian.

Ian started to protest and then halted when he realized how close Charlotte was to the monster that called itself the Kaijin.

?[B]Patrick, don?t![/B]? Cho cried out. ?[B]It?s not his fault, I too was cursed by some power. So lets just find a way out of here instead, okay?[/B]?

?[B]Listen to her Patrick,[/B]? Charlotte spoke up. ?[B]Ian would never do such a thing.[/B]? She moved until she was standing next to him. ?[B]You must be mistaken Kaijin, I know within my heart that Ian would never harm any of us.[/B]?

?[B]What I think matters not,[/B]? the Kaijin explained. ?[B]If you don?t find the way out when the trap springs, all of you will die.[/B]?

It was at that moment that the others realized that something was poking out from the slits in the walls. Ian knew what it was though how they had managed to find their way into the entrance to the King?s castle was beyond him. He tried to move to protect Charlotte, but there was no way he could cover her on all sides to stop the King?s men from riddling her and everyone else with arrows.

?[B]It seems that you all are too feeble minded to even know how to escape this.[/B]? The Kaijin sighed as it moved back to where the grate was and with a smooth motion forced it back up, enough for them to crawl under. ?[B]Now hurry! Before the order is given to fire![/B]?

Ian ran with Charlotte towards the opening the Kaijin had made, quickly urging her to slip under the gate. Noticing out of the corner of his eye that both Cho and Patrick were doing the same. But when he moved to slip under himself a sharp pain caused him to halt and a jerk caused him to look down to see several metal points sticking from his chest. He stared stupidly at the arrow points.

Then as he stumbled and fell he heard Charlotte?s screams of horror and Patrick?s frantic cries. With a thud he landed on his right side to realize that Cho too had been shot multiple times with arrows, pinning her to the floor as she was moving beneath the grate. Her expression dull as the light in her eyes faded.

?[B]Cho![/B]? Patrick was trying to pull her to safety and then, just as he got her through the gate came crashing down as the Kaijin let go and simply vanished to reappear on the other side.

?[B]We must leave,[/B]? The Kaijin told Patrick and Charlotte. ?[B]Their wounds are fatal. And if we stay much longer, those who inflicted them will come for both of you.[/B]?

?[B]I can?t![/B]? Patrick cried as he desperately tried to get Cho to wake up.

?[B]Oh Ian![/B]? Charlotte was sobbing, even as the Kaijin pulled both her and Patrick out of sight. And then, he knew no more.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-dualdeathcard.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/img][/center]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Treisleilai couldn't help but snicker, earning her an irritated glance from both Illyria and Paraxis. And even though she herself was annoyed by what Raone and Celesta had just done, the urge to laugh just wouldn't go away.

"[B]Oh come now Illyria, Paraxis, stop looking so offended.[/B]" Treisleilai smirked. "[B]I'm sure the two of you will think of new dishonest ways to attempt to thwart how the game should progress.[/B]"

If anything it was in her opinion vastly amusing to watch and even if it was not slanting things in her favor at least it was funny.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Charlotte couldn't stop crying as the Kaijin led both her and Patrick away from both Ian and Cho who were clearly dead. First her sweet baby Kenneth had been taken from her and now Ian as well. Even though she knew Marta would take care of Kenneth, it hurt horribly to not know how he was.

"[B]Cheer up Charlotte,[/B]" the Kaijin told her. "[B]I sense the power of both Jachym and Celesta. It is possible that Naomi might know where your baby is.[/B]"

"[B]Really?[/B]" Charlotte looked up as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands.

"[B]We won't know until we ask, now stop your tears and move forward, we must get to your baby before Jeanne who was cursed is freed from where we imprisoned her.[/B]"

"[B]What about Cho?[/B]" Patrick said listlessly, speaking for the first time since they had been forced to leave Cho and Ian's dead bodies behind.

"[B]I am sorry son of Illyria, it was not within my power to stop the arrows or rest assured, I would have.[/B]"

What Patrick would have said next was halted by the sound of female voices talking among themselves. Charlotte recognized Marta's voice and ran forward, ignoring the Kaijin's words to be cautious. [I]Oh Kenneth! You're alright! [/I]She thought as she yanked open the door and rushed the surprised Marta who was carefully holding Kenneth.

"[B]Thank heaven! I was so worried when you and Kenneth...[/B]" Charlotte froze when she realized who was with them. "[B]You! You're that horrible woman who attacked Ian and me before![/B]"

"[B]Wait Charlotte![/B]" Marta shook her head. "[B]She's been helping me take care of Kenneth.[/B]"

Charlotte paused, confused over what Marta had just said. [I]Why would she help Kenneth after...[/I]

"[B]Where's Ian?[/B]" Marta asked, causing Charlotte to burst into tears.

"[B]The one called Ian is dead Marta.[/B]" The Kaijin explained. "[B]He along with Cho was caught in a trap.[/B]"

"[B]I see,"[/B] Marta looked away. "[B]That's a shame, he was a good man.[/B]" She moved forward and held Charlotte while she cried.

"[B]You are most quiet daughter of Jachym and Celesta.[/B]"

Naomi just glared at the Kaijin. "[B]I hardly need tell you why Kaijin.[/B]" She spat back, not certain what to do as she was certain the monster was up to no good. She remembered Celesta's words that they had to destroy it if they could, but she still doubted that she even had the power to do so.

"[B]You must give me the child,[/B]" the Kaijin finally said once they had calmed down a bit. "[B]If I am to alter your destiny and free you from the Ragnarok, now is the time, before the Gods interfere.[/B]"

At that moment Naomi knew she had to stop the Kaijin, no matter what. Determined she moved to stand between Marta, Charlotte and Kenneth. "[B]I think not. Celesta warned me that you could not be trusted and that we had to destroy you if possible. You say Ian and Cho were killed and I think you let them die.[/B]"

"[B]Stand aside foolish daughter of Jachym and Celesta,[/B]" The Kajin moved with terrifying speed, grabbing her shirt intending to toss her aside and then halted, still holding the front of her tunic when the stone walls of the room began to tremble and the ground began to shake.

"[B]I am not so easily dealt with.[/B]" The Kaijin warned. "[B]If you destroy me all of you will fall victim to the whims of the Gods.[/B]"

"[B]I don't care.[/B]" Naomi replied, not even sure what she was doing as she desperately reached for whatever it was that let her sense and control water. Somehow she could sense that it was going to help her and without understanding why she simply gave herself over to the power she could feel rising up inside her.

"[B]Get back everyone.[/B]" She warned just as she felt it peak. Cracks formed in the floor underneath the Kaijin and water came flying out, slamming into it, forcing it to let go of her as it was sent flying into the air to hit the ceiling with terrible force.

Then as the streams of water continued to gush upwards Naomi did the same that she had with the creatures that killed poor Charles, she turned it into ice spears that flew and pierced the Kaijin, sending it flying and pinning it to the wall.

A wave of exhaustion overtook her and Naomi sank to her knees at the same time that the water began to recede.[I] I hope that took care of it, I don't know if I can do more.[/I] She thought.

The Kaijin seemed to be dead but there was no blood coming from where the ice had pierced it and though it hung limply, she wasn't about to go and check it. Naomi summed the last of her strength to stand back up and face the others who were watching her with surprise written on their faces.

"[B]Don't look at me like that, the Goddess of Life, Celesta told me that we had to destroy it. But I don't know if it worked or not. We should leave as quickly as possible. I don't have the strength to do anymore than that.[/B]"

Naomi walked past them, pausing only long enough to make sure they were coming with her before turning and heading for the nearest exit. Though what they were going to do next, she had no idea.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Treisleilai kept giggling as the Gods watched the dead Kaijin. Paraxis knew that the creature had threatened his game, but to find that it had acted on it's own accord was confusing. Paraxis glanced at Illyria, but the strange deity's face didn't reveal a thing.

Then Paraxis walked to the Child Goddess of Sin. The giggling had faded to a crooked smile on the dark girl's lips.

[B]"Oh, I know, brother! You're such a spoil sport!"[/B]

Paraxis nodded, and to the other gods' surprise Treisleilai vanished to a burst of flame. Celesta and Raone seemed relieved that sin would not ever rule the Earth. Bellanna and Jachym seemed to think that their chances just improved. Illyria remained as mysterious as ever.

Now there were only five gods competing in the Ragnarok.[/COLOR]

[CENTER]~~~~~
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

It took hours, some broken fingers and a lot of dirt filling her gaping wounds, but finally Jeanne Rawlings managed to get to the surface.

The wedding planner was a hideous sight to behold: her white dress all ragged and dusty, her long dark hair mostly fallen off and her formerly smooth mahogany skin all grey and scarred. She was missing an arm, and her legs had deep wounds where Patrick's sword had cut.

Yet her mind was clear as ice. She only thought about one thing: revenge. She did not care for the baby anymore; now she yearned to kill [I]everybody[/I] for what they did to her![/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Things changed so quickly, one moment it seemed that Illyria had the upper hand and then the next Raone. Though he would never say it out loud, Jachym could admire the cleverness in that move. First Raone countering Illyria's stance, then Celesta moving swiftly to cut off any reversals of the move. But perhaps most surprising was Treisleilai laughing as she messed with the Kaijin as her final move before being required to leave.

But Jachym could sense that just like the ocean, there were still things hidden deep below, moves to be made that could still tip the balance of the game in unexpected directions. The slightest mistake now would ultimately be fatal, there were too few souls left to think otherwise.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
How could Cho be dead? It was something that Patrick couldn't seem to get out of his mind. Nor could he forget how Naomi had attacked the Kaijin, that poor innocent and beautiful creature. She had doomed them at that point, claiming it was the will of one of the Gods, but Patrick didn't believe her. The Kaijin would have never just let Cho die, or would it? Perhaps it had been jealous of her beauty.

No, that couldn't be it. It was going to free them from this place, of that he had been positive. But it had needed the baby to do so. Why was something that Patrick did not understand but still, there was no getting around that he believed more in the Kaijin than he did any of the people he was with now. And what if it wasn't really dead? After all there had been no blood from when Naomi attacked it.

The sounds of the others talking filtered back to Patrick who was merely trudging along, following them aimlessly.[I] Damn them![/I] He thought, getting angrier and angrier by the minute as they traveled along, taking things slowly since Naomi was apparently quiet tired from when she had attacked the Kaijin.

Finally, after having traveled for a while, still stuck in the never ending run of room after room they stopped to rest and to give Charlotte time to tend to her baby. Something that just made him even angrier. No baby could possibly be more important than Cho was. And the longer they stayed where they were, the more angry he became.

Even the few whispers about him simply being upset over Cho's death angered him. It was more than that! He had been looking forward to finally being freed of this damn place and being with Cho! It was then that a thought occurred to him, one that when it did, he could not shake it. Even though a tiny part of him thought it was absurd, the other kept whispering to him a song of what if?

As the women started getting ready to leave and continue, something inside of Patrick snapped and before the others could even wonder what had happened, he grabbed Kenneth and ran, back towards where they had left the Kaijin. He ignored their cries to stop, easily outdistancing them. Driven by just one thought and one thought alone.

And that was the possibility that if the Kaijin was not dead and really could free them if it had the baby, then it was also possible that Cho could be brought back as well. The madness of the thoughts did not occur to him. The safety of the baby did not occur to him. All Patrick could see was finding a way to reverse what had happened.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Even if Treisleilai was out of the game, Bellanna no longer cared. She had argued extensively with Paraxis earlier but to no avail. And now, even if she wished it she could not walk away. So instead she simply turned her attention to the pool showing the few souls remaining and waited until the time she could move on. In her opinion, it couldn't come soon enough.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Jeanne had gotten free of the coffin that the others had buried her alive in. Though looking at herself she wondered if she even was alive, though even that did not matter, what did was killing those who had done this to her. Every last one of them, she would tear them to tiny pieces. She looked around to see just what she could use, Jeanne still had the bullets but the gun... with a hiss of satisfaction she walked over to where her severed arm, still holding the pistol in it's fingers was resting on the ground.

She bent over to pick it up and was surprised by it moving on it's own. Without understanding why she picked it up and held it over next to the cut. It had to be part of the curse placed on her by Death for though her flesh was still rotting the bones when places next to one another though not truly reattached came together and stayed. Jeanne moved it around a bit before turning to fire at the nearest tree to test it. Smiling to herself when it was obvious that it would work.

"[B]It's time to pay fools.[/B]" She hissed to herself as she looked for signs of where they had gone after leaving her for dead. Jeanne pulled out the small box of bullets she had and though it was a little more difficult to do so with the broken fingers of her left hand, she was still able to pull out the empty shells and replace them with loaded ones.

Then another moment to rip off the parts of her dress that hindered her movement and she was off, following what seemed to be footsteps and the occasional drop of blood, most likely from the boy that she had shot earlier. Such a pity that he still lived, though she would correct that soon enough.

Jeanne continued until she came to the entrance of an older stone building, without hesitation she entered it, following the logic that they would have sought shelter for the boy who was hurt. And sure enough, it wasn't long until she saw him, all alone carrying a baby. [I]What the?[/I]

Confused she followed him, wondering just what in the world was going on and yet thinking that if he had the baby, he would most likely lead her to all of them. It was then that she realized his wounds were gone and her patience snapped. Without further hesitation she raised the gun and fired. Hitting him in the right shoulder from behind.

Jeanne smiled at his cry of pain as he stumbled and landed hard on his knees, the baby he was holding spilling out of his arms to land on the floor and start crying as well. Moving swiftly she didn't give him a chance, kicking him from behind where she had shot him and then pinning him down by virtue of standing on the gunshot wound.

"[B]If you know what's good for you, you'll tell me where the other fools are.[/B]" She said, even as she twisted her heel into his shoulder causing him to cry out even more.

"[B]I... I... I don't know where they are![/B]" Patrick cried out. "[B]I left them hours ago![/B]"

"[B]Then that makes you useless, doesn't it?[/B]" Jeanne taunted him. But Patrick didn't reply. She nudged him again, but this time he was silent having passed out from the pain.

"[B]Worthless fool,[/B]" Jeanne snapped as she took her foot off of him and turned her attention to the crying infant. "[B]Now little one, the question is whether or not keeping you alive to lure the others here is worth my time or not.[/B]" [/FONT][/COLOR]

"[B]Don't think that you've won brother.[/B]" Illyria was looking at Raone. "[B]The game is far from over, no matter how clever you think you are.[/B]"

"[B]Of that you can be certain.[/B]" Raone said cautiously. "[B]Though it is clear that there is still not enough truth to be had. And in the end it will still be decided by fate no matter how much you or I fight against it.[/B]"

Bellanna just rolled her eyes. "[B]Oh do as the humans would say, [I]put a sock in it Illyria[/I], and you with your never ending speech on truth, do the same.[/B]"

"[B]That is hardly necessary Bellanna and...[/B]" Raone paused when Celesta put her hand on his arm indicating he should be quiet.

"[B]Please, don't you think we've bickered enough?[/B]" She asked him.

Raone nodded, "[B]You are correct.[/B]" He turned his attention back to the souls when Celesta moved back to where she had been standing. The bickering really was pointless. It would change nothing, and in the end fate would decide just who would finally win the Ragnarok.

Still, it did not mean he could abandon his duty or his responsibilities and in light of certain changes, it was time to once again bestow his power of light upon one of the souls. And he knew just which one it should be this time.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-lightofaxiomcard.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Charlotte was beside herself, attempting to run to catch Patrick who for some unknown reason had simply grabbed Kenneth and ran with him. But she couldn't keep up, and neither could Naomi who was still tired nor Marta who lacked the youthful energy that Patrick had.

"[B]I don't understand![/B]" Charlotte sobbed while she paused to catch her breath. "[B]Why would he steal Kenneth? He seemed like such a nice boy too![/B]"

Marta started to say something and then halted when for the briefest of moments she lost sight of where she was as a vision of glowing gold colored irises and a feeling as if light was entering her entire body, overcame her. It reminded her of when she had been cursed by Death, only instead this time the feeling was comforting and calming.

A deep male voice echoed through her soul impressing itself upon her. [I]You may call upon my light of truth as needed, however doing so will require slowly giving up your memories in exchange.[/I] The voice faded and when Marta's vision returned to normal and she could see Naomi attempting to comfort Charlotte, as she stood there wondering if what had happened was real or not the same feeling of light she had just encountered surfaced.

Responding to the question of wondering just why Patrick would have stolen Kenneth. Curious she did as it asked, letting go of the memory it showed her would be required and then choking on what it told her in return.

"[B]He's been cursed with madness.[/B]" She whispered.

"[B]What are you talking about?[/B]" Charlotte pulled free of Naomi and came over to Marta, reaching up to grab her arms and get her to look at her.

"[B]It's what happened to Ian, that thing that let him see the truth, somehow it ended up with me.[/B]" Marta looked straight at her as if seeing her for the first time. "[B]It's how he lost his memories, you have to give them up in exchange if you wish to know the truth and by giving one up it told me that Patrick has been granted a power by a god that is slowly driving him mad.[/B]"

"[B]Lovely,[/B]" Naomi groaned. "[B]Don't tell me that I'll have to try and stop him too.[/B]"

"[B]We can decide what to do when we find them so lets get going![/B]" Charlotte urged both of them. But when they finally did find Patrick lying face down in his own blood, Kenneth was no where to be seen.

"[B]Hurry Naomi! Heal him.[/B]" Charlotte begged. "[B]We have to find out what he did with my baby![/B]"

"[B]Why should I? He's going mad remember? Do you really want to risk what he might do to you too?[/B]" Naomi shook her head. "[B]It's probably best to just let him die.[/B]"

"[B]I think you should heal him Naomi,[/B]" Marta spoke up from where she was kneeling and attempting to stop the bleeding. "[B]I've stood by long enough and let people just die, I can't do that anymore.[/B]"

"[B]Oh fine![/B]" Naomi threw her hands up and got down next to Patrick. Gritting her teeth in pain as she took Patrick's wound upon herself and then collapsing while she waited for the power to heal her.

"[B]Patrick![/B]" Charlotte helped Marta turn him over and then shook him a bit. "[B]Wake up Patrick![/B]" Several minutes later, slowly he opened his eyes.

"[B]Charlotte?[/B]" He asked, clearly confused and then seconds later fear entered his eyes. "[B]Jeanne! Where is she?[/B]" He tried to look around but Marta and Charlotte pushed him back down.

"[B]There's no one here but you Patrick, where is Kenneth?[/B]" Marta demanded.

"[B]I don't know. Jeanne attacked me from behind, demanding to know where you guys were.[/B]" He grimaced at the memory. "[B]I don't know what happened after that.[/B]" He reached up to where Jeanne had shot him.

"[B]Naomi took care of that.[/B]" Marta answered the unspoken question. "[B]She healed your wound.[/B]"

"[B]Not that you deserved it you ungrateful little twit."[/B] Naomi growled at him from her position of lying on the floor. "[B]I swear, if you don't tell us what the hell you were thinking, I'll kill you myself once I recover from healing your worthless hide.[/B]"

Patrick just grimaced. "[B]I was trying to fix everything, to get the Kaijin to reverse what had happened.[/B]"

"[B]You idiot![/B]" Naomi growled. "[B]The Kaijin is dead![/B]"

"[B]Jeanne has him.[/B]" Charlotte finally spoke up. "[B]She must have taken Kenneth with her.[/B]" She looked at Marta and Naomi who was starting to sit up. "[B]We have to find her before it's too late![/B]"

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]"[B]What a bother.[/B]" Bellanna sighed mournfully.

"[B]Whatever could you mean my love?[/B]" Illyria asked her.

Bellanna turned to Illyria glancing at her as though irritated. "[B]I refer to how we are so close to the end of this and yet all of you are just standing around doing nothing.[/B]"

"[B]It will end soon enough, you'll see Bellanna.[/B]" Illyria soothed.

Bellanna turned back to observe the souls. "[B]So long as you do not win I do not care what the outcome is. Even a world without passion would be better.[/B]"

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG][/center]
"[B]It would be best if we split up to search for baby Kenneth.[/B]" Marta advised. "[B]Patrick obviously can't do anything about being cursed and I, for the moment, can at least see the truth so I am less likely to be affected by it.[/B]"

"[B]Are you sure?[/B]" Charlotte asked. "[B]Wouldn't it be better to stick together with that mad woman on the loose?[/B]"

"[B]She's right,[/B]" Naomi agreed. "[B]And splitting up will make it easier to move without drawing attention to ourselves. Besides, I have no interest in going anywhere with Patrick.[/B]" She ignored his hurt look.

"[B]It's settled then.[/B]" Marta hushed Patrick when he moved to object. "[B]You don't have a say in this, we wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for you.[/B]"

Patrick looked down at the floor. "[B]I'm sorry.[/B]" Though a part of him felt anything but sorry. [I]As soon as we're alone, I can head off on my own. [/I] It wouldn't be hard to lose an older woman like Marta, she wouldn't be able to catch up. But until then... Patrick simply followed along as they went one way and Naomi and Charlotte went another way.

Naomi watched until Marta and Patrick were out of sight. "[B]Good riddance.[/B]" She growled. "[B]I still say we shouldn't have helped that fool.[/B]"

She turned to Charlotte only to pause at her wide eyed look, as if Charlotte wasn't even in the same room. "[B]Charlotte?[/B]" She grabbed her shoulders and shook her gently. "[B]Charlotte![/B]"

Charlotte however, for the moment was seeing something else, the barest hint of a woman of great beauty and a feeling of something warm, fiery and unexpected entering her soul. [I]What is going on here? [/I]She wondered when she realized she could not see Naomi anymore and could not move.

[I]It's simple child, the Ragnarok is far from over and I am displeased with how things have progressed.[/I] Charlotte both shivered in fear and pleasure from the tone in that voice, it was the most confusing and startling feeling she had ever experienced. The voice sighed. [I]Worry not over it child, simply understand that for now you will house my power of passion, even if for now it is useless against the one who has taken your child from you. But if the timing is right, that will change. You will understand when the time is right.[/I]

And then just as suddenly Charlotte found herself facing Naomi who was shaking her gently and calling her name. [I]What just happened?[/I] Charlotte felt different somehow. [I]Power of passion? What in the world was the voice talking about? Am I going mad?[/I]

"[B]I'm alright Naomi,[/B]" Charlotte finally said.

"[B]What happened?[/B]" Naomi was puzzled. "[B]For a few minutes it was like you weren't even there.[/B]" She gave her an odd look. "[B]There's something different about you but it makes no sense.[/B]"

"[B]What do you mean by something different?[/B]"

Naomi blushed slightly. "[B]Well it's just that.[/B]" She paused and blushed again. "[B]I must be imagining things. Lets go.[/B]"

"[B]Please! Tell me![/B]" Charlotte demanded.

Naomi laughed nervously. "[B]Charlotte, just let it go please?[/B]" She turned away and hastily started moving towards the next set of doors. There was no way in hell she was going to admit that for a moment she had actually found the woman attractive. [I]I must be going crazy from being in this insane place.[/I] She thought since she had never been attracted to another woman before.

[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-passioncard.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Paraxis saw that Bellanna grew frustrated to the game. When she noticed that the Death God was staring at her, Bellanna narrowed her eyes.

[B]"What are you looking at?! You're only making this game harder with your unfair powers!"[/B] the beauteous goddess snapped.

[B]"My game, my rules"[/B], Paraxis muttered. [B]"But you are right; with so few souls left in the sstruggle, my power does give an unfair advantage to the one who summoned Jeanne..."[/B]

With a crooked smile, Paraxis withdrew his Power Card from the Ragnarok.[/COLOR]

[CENTER]~~~~~
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

She couldn't get the baby to shut up. It only cried and bawled and wriggled in her rottening arms. With most of her fingers broken, it was hard to even hold the infant.

[B]"You're such a pain in the ass, aren't you?"[/B] Jeanne groaned mockingly. [B]"Just shut up or I'll split your head to the wall, you hear me?!"[/B]

Jeanne felt disgusted. She didn't know which one she despised more: the baby or herself. She was grateful that there were no mirrors on sight - she wouldn't have been able to even look at her own reflection.

The baby kept on crying, and it made Jeanne burst into tears as well. [B]"What am I doing?!"[/B] she sobbed.

She sat down to the floor with the baby, her back against the stone wall of the corridor they were in. For a while she just wept, until she realized that the baby had gone silent.

She opened her eyes, and saw the baby boy staring at her with it's big glistening blue eyes. It was sucking it's hand.

Jeanne stroked the baby's silky hair. It was at that moment that she realized she had fingers again. Her flesh was intact, and all her wounds had disappeared.

The curse had been lifted.

Jeanne, who still couldn't believe her eyes, took off her torn wedding gown and her veil. She was now wearing only a simple white cotton petticoat.

She dried her eyes, took the baby back into her arms and smiled at him.

[B]"I'm sorry, little one. I'm okay now. Let's find your mummy and get out of here." [/B][/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]"[B]Finally![/B]" Bellanna exclaimed. "[B]It's time to put an end to this game, to determine just who will be the winner.[/B]"

"[B]Just a moment ago you seemed to not even care.[/B]" Celesta pointed out.

"[B]Don't misunderstand me,[/B]" Bellanna replied with a trace of irritation. "[B]I wish for this to come to an end. I no longer care who wins so long as it is not Illyria.[/B]"

She ignored the measured glance that Illyria gave her, after all she had something in mind, though whether or not the others would even follow through on it was yet to be seen.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][/center]
"[B]We should have stayed with the others.[/B]" Patrick said sullenly. "[B]I don't like you.[/B]"

"[B]Like or dislike, that's not what's important. What is important is you've been cursed and the others have no defense against that.[/B]" Marta explained again, getting a bit frustrated that Patrick wouldn't let it go.

"[B]How do I know you're not lying to me? What if it's you that's cursed?[/B]"

"[B]I wasn't the one who took the baby on some silly idea that a dead monster could change what had happened.[/B]" Marta gave him an annoyed glance. "[B]I'm going to assume that whatever is affecting you is keeping you from being able to see just how stupid that statement was.[/B]"

What Patrick would have said was lost as the two of them came face to face with Jeanne who was surprisingly back to normal. It was a toss up as to who was the most surprised. Jeanne or Patrick and Marta.

"[B]There you are bitch![/B]" Patrick yelled even as he launched himself at her. "[B]I'll make you pay for trying to kill me![/B]"

"[B]Patrick no![/B]" Marta tried to grab him to stop him but he was too quick, slamming into Jeanne and knocking her and Kenneth to the floor.

"[B]Stop it![/B]" Jeanne called out as she desperately held onto the baby to keep him from being harmed. "[B]I was cursed! I couldn't help myself.[/B]"

Having been cursed by Death herself, Marta was inclined to believe her and checking with the power of light within her, the answer came back that Jeanne was indeed telling the truth.

"[B]That's enough Patrick![/B]" She cried as she grabbed his tunic from behind and pulled him off of Jeanne. "[B]She's telling the truth![/B]"

"[B]I don't believe you![/B]" Patrick screamed as he thrashed madly in Marta's grip, slamming his head backwards into Marta's face, causing her to stumble backwards and let go.

"[B]All of you are lying to me! You're all jealous of Cho and don't want her to come back! Well I refuse to listen to your lies![/B]"

Before either Marta or Jeanne could react he grabbed Kenneth and took off.

"[B]Patrick! Don't![/B]" Marta cried out, but it was too late. "[B]Oh hell! Not again![/B]"

Marta was startled by a shot ringing out and then Patrick stumbling and falling to the ground.

[B]"What the hell are you doing?[/B]" She yelled at Jeanne. "[B]You could have hurt Kenneth![/B]"

Jeanne tucked the pistol back into her pocket and got up. "[B]No, I'm actually a fair shot, I only hit him in the leg.[/B]" She turned to Marta. "[B]You told him to stop didn't you? Well I stopped him.[/B]"

Marta shook her head in disgust, "[B]That wasn't what I meant.[/B]" She growled as she headed over to Patrick and took Kenneth from him. And then after checking to make sure he was okay she set him aside while she took off the outer jacket shirt she was wearing and tore it into strips to bind Patrick's leg.

"[B]You should have let me kill her.[/B]" Patrick sobbed. "[B]She's going to kill me. I just know it.[/B]"

Marta just finished up with a sigh. "[B]We need to find the others and figure out what the hell is going on here.[/B]" She looked over at Jeanne who was tending to Kenneth. Jeanne just nodded in agreement.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[indent][size=1]The other Gods seemed to be turning on Illyria. The Trickster’s brothers and sisters had been conspiring against him for millennia, it was no surprise that they would do so in The Ragnarok. He would wait, and plot and laugh. The time to act would be soon, and then Raone would see how this game was truly played.

“[b]You are falling for your own illusions,[/b]” Raone said as he motioned towards the pool, “[b]I can sense your hostility, and I assure you that you are but a single player in a much larger game.[/b]”

“[b]As far as I’m concerned, brother, I am the [I]only[/I] player in this game. I will not fall as easily as Telumas and Treisleilai did.[/b]”

Jachym laughed, “[b]We shall see. In this game nothing is certain.[/b]”

“[b]You are mistaken,[/b]” Paraxis replied, “[b]In this game, and in all life, one thing is certain.[/b]”

“[b]And what is that?[/b]” Illyria asked.

“[b]Death.[/b]”

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/img][/center]

Hardly any time passed before Naomi was finding herself infatuated with Charlotte. She knew that something was drawing her thoughts to the Frenchwoman, but there was little she could do to fight those feelings. It seemed to Naomi that even your own feelings could betray you in The Ragnarok.

“[b]You look beautiful tonight,[/b]” Naomi said as she ran her fingers along Charlotte’s neckline, “[b]Maybe we should stop for a few moments to rest.[/b]”

Charlotte angrily pushed Naomi aside, “[b]I don’t know what you’re trying to do, but your advances are most unwelcome, Naomi! We need to keep walking, and try to find Kenneth before something terrible happens.[/b]”

The two woman continued walking in silence for over an hour before finding themselves at the entrance to an enormous cave. Lit torches lined the stone walls of the cavern and it appeared that someone had been through there recently.

“[b]Stay close,[/b]” Naomi said as she cautiously entered, “[b]If there’s trouble I’ll be able to protect you.[/b]”

“[b]I’ve heard that so many times before, Naomi. It’s impossible for me to believe you now.[/b]”

Naomi tugged at Charlotte’s shirt, tearing it at the waist. “[b]How can you speak to me like that after the way I feel about you?[/b]”

“[b]I don’t know where these horrible feelings came from, Naomi, but you are obviously mistaken. I am a proper woman, and I simply don’t think of you in that way.[/b]”

Tears began to stream down Naomi’s face, “[b]You bitch? I’m only trying to help you find your baby, and this is how you treat me? I hope you die! I hate you![/b]”

Naomi ran down the cave into the darkness, noticeably upset. Charlotte knew that it was best that they stayed together, but she simply couldn’t tolerate the girl's attitude anymore.

“[b]Naomi, wait![/b]” she called out. Her voice echoed through the cavern but there was no reply.

[I]Insolent woman,[/I] Charlotte thought to herself, [I]Sometimes I wish she had died instead of my poor Ian…[/I]

For nearly an hour Charlotte walked down the cave quietly before heard a terrible scream. She rushed further into the cavern as fast as she could, only to find a terrible scene. Somehow Naomi’s clothing had caught aflame on one of the torches. Within an instant the young woman’s entire body was engulfed in an uncontrollable hellfire.

“[b]Naomi, no![/b]“ Charlotte shouted as clasped her hands together, “[b]Oh lord, what have I done?[/b]”

Just as quickly as the fire started it seemed to disappear. The only reminder of the terrible blaze was poor Naomi, who lie on the ground with her body covered in terribly burns. Never before had Charlotte seen someone in so much pain.

“[b]Dammit...[/b]” Naomi said softly, “[b]This hurts so much…[/b]”

“[b]What should we do?[/b]” Charlotte asked, “[b]We’ll find you some medicine, or your healing power..?[/b]”

Suddenly the ground began to shake violently, and several large rocks fell violently onto the cave's floor.

"[b]It's a cave in![/b]" Naomi screamed, "[b]You have to get out of here.[/b]"

"[b]I can't leave you here like this. Let me help you.[/b]"

Charlotte reached for Naomi, but the second she touched Naomi's skin the girl started to scream in terrible pain. It was obvious that the injured girl wasn't going to be moved very easily.

"[b]Just go, Charlotte! Get out of here![/b]"

Charlotte nodded, and turned towards the exit of the cave up ahead.

“[b]Naomi. I’m sorry… I just don’t know if there’s another way…[/b]”

“[b]Charlotte, don’t… trust any of them,[/b]” Naomi said softly, “[b]The Gods, your friends. They’re all going to betray you. You must protect yourself to win this game, you must betray them…[/b]”

“[b]I know, Naomi. Just as I am about to betray you.[/b]”

Naomi closed her eyes, “[b]…Thank you.[/b]”

Moments later Charlotte stumbled out of the other end of the cavern, her eyes filled with tears and her hands red from Naomi’s blood. She turned around as the cave's entrance collapsed.

"[b]Naomi! No![/b]"

The young mother would never forgive herself for what she had to do that night, nor would she forget the warning that her friend had given her. She would stop this game and save her child, even if she had to kill everyone else in The Ragnarok to do it.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/img][/center][/size][/indent]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]"[B]Only death is certain?[/B]" Bellanna raised her eyebrow in response to Illyria's bold statement. "[B]I think not, and I am quite sure that Paraxis knows just what I mean.[/B]" She glared at the God of Death who merely ignored her.

"[B]What are you getting at?[/B]" Celesta asked when no one else spoke up.

"[B]You'll see soon enough,[/B]" Bellanna replied. "[B]I can sense it, something new is just waiting to be played.[/B]"

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][/center]
"[B]I can't believe you shot me you stupid bitch![/B]" Patrick winced as Marta finished tying up his leg.

"[B]Relax Patrick, it was only a flesh wound, even if it is painful you should be able to walk just fine.[/B]" Marta soothed him. But Patrick would not be soothed.

"[B]So that makes it okay? Marta! She's nearly killed me several times![/B]" He glared at her. "[B]She deserves to die for what she did. If I could I'd kill her myself.[/B]"

"[B]You're the fool who took the baby, twice no less.[/B]" Jeanne pointed out. "[B]Besides, like I said I was cursed, I couldn't help myself.[/B]"

"[B]You're cursed as well Patrick so knock it off![/B]" Marta exclaimed. "[B]There's no point in arguing, we have to figure this place out. Naomi was telling me that we are in some place called the Ragnarok and that the Gods were involved. Now normally I don't believe in Gods, but considering all that we've seen, I'm not so sure anymore.[/B]"

Jeanne sat down and handed Marta baby Kenneth, "[B]That would explain a lot. I certainly hope it's true, if only to explain why I was trying to kill everyone.[/B]"

Patrick just sat sullenly and said nothing. They were lying to him, he couldn't be mad, could he? How could his love for Cho be madness? The more he thought about it, the more he became convinced that Jeanne was doing something to trick Marta into believing that she was fine and that he was the one with the problem.

[I]I have to stop her! Before it's too late and she really does kill all of us! [/I] Patrick just sat there, nodding occasionally when the other two questioned him, pretending to go along with the two women. He was wondering what to do when he remembered that Jeanne still had the pistol in her pocket. He thought he knew how to use one. Though he had never done so before.

Patrick waited until a moment when Jeanne was turned before he threw himself at her in an attempt to grab the pistol. Knocking her from her sitting position onto her side.

"[B]Patrick! No![/B]" Marta cried out as she frantically set Kenneth aside and moved to stop him. A split second later a shot rang out and blood began to flow.

"[B]You stupid fool![/B]" Jeanne screamed at him as she pulled the gun away and then slammed Patrick in the head with it knocking him out.

"[B]Are you alright?[/B]" Marta asked.

"[B]I'm fine, that stupid little fool shot himself in the arm.[/B]" She shoved him over onto his back. "[B]Go ahead and bind his wound if you want. Just keep him under control next time![/B]" Jeanne got up and stalked off, clearly angry.

"[B]If there is a next time, I really will kill him.[/B]"[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]"[B]Only four souls remain, other than that child who does not represent any of us.[/B]" Jachym smiled. "[B]That means that one of you is out of the game unless you have managed to find a way to stay in.[/B]"

Jachym laughed out loud when not one of them said a word nor did they return his look when he looked at each of them in turn. Other than Paraxis, but then the situation was different for him.

"[B]No matter,[/B]" Jachym spoke again. "[B]I know which one of you is desperately clinging to the game. Rest assured, when you make your move, so will I.[/B]" Then to the surprise of the other Gods, Jachym vanished.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-tsunamicard.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Charlotte didn't know what to think anymore, when she had first come to this place, she had perhaps thought that she was being given a second chance. She clearly remembered dying, weeping for her child that at the time she had thought would never live to see the light of day. But now, part of her wished she had not been brought here. So many dead, her child still missing and in the hands of a mad woman. She was dully walking back the way she had come with Naomi when out of nowhere she was caught up in an ocean breeze.

Before she could even wonder where it had come from, she found herself underwater and yet not truly touching the water. [I]I must be dead,[/I] she thought as she saw all sorts of tropical sea life swimming around her, for how else could she be where she was and yet able to breathe. A moment later she realized she was standing on a bed of seashells and that someone was approaching.

The water was crystal clear and she could easily see that the one approaching was an older bearded man, dressed in but a simple kilt with seaweed carefully woven in his hair in the shape of a crown. He was carrying a golden trident easily taller than himself, but what struck her as most surprising was the ageless feel to him even though he looked older than her father and his penetrating sea green eyes pinned her in place.

"[B]Who are you? Am I dead?[/B]" Charlotte finally managed to stammer out once he had come to a halt only a few feet from her.

"[B]I am Jachym though you would know me by Poseidon or Neptune. I am the God of the Sea.[/B]" Jachym tilted his head to the right a bit. "[B]And yes you are dead. You were brought to the Ragnarok to serve as a champion to one of the Gods. In the mortal realm you died, as you mortals understand it in the year 1789. But it is now 2007 and long past the time when you once lived.[/B]"

Charlotte was stunned, 2007? How could that be? She had been dead for over two centuries? For the briefest of moments she felt dizzy as if she was going to faint but then Jachym reached out and touched her on the chest and she was filled with a rush of strength.

"[B]What did you just do?[/B]" She asked, still feeling as if she were in nothing more than a dream.

"[B]I have bestowed a part of my power on you, the power to control water.[/B]"

"[B]Does that mean I am your champion?[/B]" Charlotte wondered.

Jachym laughed. "[B]Perhaps you are, perhaps you are not. I give it to who I see fit, Naomi held it before she died, and another before her.[/B]"

"[B]Then why? Why give it to me? I don't understand.[/B]"

"[B]Then it's time you did understand.[/B]" Jachym traced a path in the water to the side, forming a circle. A moment later people could been seen inside the circle as if looking through a window, people that Charlotte recognized.

"[B]So you're certain that only one of us can make it out of here alive?[/B]" Jeanne was saying.

Marta nodded as she rocked back and forth slightly while she held Kenneth. "[B]That's the only thing that makes sense. Unlike you and I, Patrick, Charlotte and baby Kenneth are already dead. They were brought here after they died. So the only ones here who are truly alive are you and me.[/B]"

"[B]This is terrible,"[/B] Jeanne finally said. "[B]I mean why would someone bring us here only to kill us? What kind of sick game is going on here?[/B]"

"[B]Are you not familiar with mythology Jeanne? The Ragnarok is the final battle between the Gods, if that is where we are then somehow we have ended up being used by them to finish their fight.[/b]" Marta sighed. "[b]I am already guilty of murder, more than once, and though Patrick here and Charlotte and Kenneth are innocent, they are already dead.[/B]"

"[B]What are you trying to say Marta?[/B]" Jeanne finally asked her, ignoring Patrick who was moaning a bit in his sleep.

"[B]I'm saying that in the end, no matter what we do, only one of us will make it out alive, the Gods will see to that. Naomi was not familiar with what The Ragnarok is but when she told me what the Goddess Celesta told her, I knew.[/B]" Marta looked away.

"[B]I want to be the one to live and yet I also feel that I don't have the right to be the one to live.[/B]" She looked back and Jeanne. "[B]And yet another part of me feels that what right do those who have already died have? As cruel as it sounds, they already lived their lives.[/B]"

"[B]That's not fair Marta,[/B]" Jeanne pointed out. "[B]The baby is innocent.[/B]"

"[B]Since when has innocence ever mattered? Kids die Jeanne, people die, don't you get it? They are already dead![/B]"

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Charlotte didn't realize that tears were running down her face until the circle showing her the others faded and then became the crystal clear water once more.

"[B]Is it true? That only one may leave alive?[/B]" She cried.

"[B]You'll have to find that out for yourself Charlotte.[/B]" Jachym told her. "[B]Whether or not it's true doesn't matter, what does is that they believe it.[/B]"

"[B]That's not fair![/B]" She objected.

"[B]Life is never fair."[/B] Jachym's voice whispered as the water vanished and Charlotte found herself back where she had been. "[B]You of all people should know that Charlotte.[/B]"

And then the feeling of his presence was gone, leaving Charlotte all alone to cry over the knowledge that even if she found Kenneth, only one of them could live. And if what she had seen was true, the others already considered her and her baby dead. When the time came, they would not hesitate to slay her and Kenneth. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

"[B]That was uncalled for brother.[/B]" Raone admonished Jachym when he returned.

"[B]Don't be such a bore Raone, if we are to ever get to the end of this tedious game we must take whatever action is necessary to ensure that.[/B]"

"[B]That's not what I mean Jachym.[/B]" Raone was displeased. "[B]I was referring to how you tricked Charlotte by only showing her a fragment of the conversation held by the other souls.[/B]"

Jachym just smiled. "[B]Oh come now Raone, don't you trick them as well? Granting them truth by taking their memories from them? How is that any different?[/B]"

Bellanna sighed dramatically. "[B]Don't start the tedious explanation as to how one must earn the truth Raone, and you Jachym.[/B]" She turned to glare at him. "[B]Don't start the tedious one of how only the powerful survive.[/B]"

Raone started to reply but Bellanna cut him off. "[B]You can see the truth dear brother, so you know I'm not lying when I say I am sick of hearing the same endlessly boring speech from you and the others.[/B]"

Raone shook his head sadly and turned back to give his attention to the few remaining souls. It was only a matter of time now.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Charlotte was trying to fight off the sense of doom she felt, even if Naomi had told her she could trust no one, how could she know if what Jachym had shown her was true or not? Since she had come here, one by one those around her had died, even she had nearly died and would have if not for Ian finding the cure for the poison that had afflicted her earlier.

And if what Jachym said was true, then even if she and Kenneth were the last ones, she could not leave with him. For the first time in her life, Charlotte didn't know what to do. What good would it do her to find Kenneth if she could live to raise him? She already knew that to even think of harming her own child was out of the question.

Charlotte collapsed and cried if her heart was breaking, despair filling her as she searched her heart and mind for an answer and couldn't find one.[I] Even if I get Kenneth out of here, who will take care of him? [/I] It was a thought that haunted her and pained her to no end. What good would it be to get Kenneth to safety if there was no one to take care of him?

"[B]It's not fair![/B]" Charlotte cried out loud, even though there was no one to hear her. "[B]I didn't choose to come here![/B]" With a sob she forced herself to get up, determined to at least try and find Kenneth and the others.

[I]If only I was from the present instead of the past, then I would have the right to live instead of the others.[/I] But even as she thought it, she crushed the thought. Having more of a right to live wouldn't help anything, she would still be forced to die just to give her poor baby a chance.

[I]I can't win,[/I] she thought dully as she continued blindly through the maze of rooms and doors, barely paying attention to where she was. But at the back of her mind she couldn't help but think that dead or not, Kenneth had more right than anyone to live, after all he hadn't lived long enough to even have much of a life and Charlotte was certain that he would grow up to be a fine young man, if given a chance.

Charlotte continued along her way, going back and forth between wanting to simply curl up and give up and thinking that the only one who truly deserved to make it out was Kenneth.

Celesta wondered if it was even worth granting her power to yet another soul. No amount of healing could reverse death and yet at this rate, it would never be decided. She had no more clue than the others did when it came to making the necessary move to bring things to their conclusion.

"[B]I wonder if Charlotte and Naomi are alright.[/B]" Marta wondered as they finally continued their search now that Patrick was awake.

"[B]What does it matter? If you are correct other than one of us, everyone will die.[/B]" Jeanne replied.

"[B]Oh I don't know about that.[/B]" Marta said. "[B]The fact that they would even need us to finish their fight would indicate that they aren't as powerful as legends would have us believe.[/B]"

"[B]You're so full of it Marta.[/B]" Patrick snapped. "[B]Everyone knows that you can't go against God, even believing in other Gods is stupid and foolish.[/B]"

"[B]Yes Patrick, that's why you're been cursed by one of those Gods that doesn't exist.[/B]" Marta taunted him. "[B]It's amazing how one so young can be so naive as to think that he knows everything.[/B]"

She turned her back on him when he flushed with embarrassment at her statements to his stupidity and arrogance in thinking he knew better. It was one thing that Marta despised. People thinking that they knew the truth when no one did. She did not notice, nor did Jeanne when Patrick simply slipped away and took off on his own.

It was some time later before Marta realized that Patrick was gone and both her and Jeanne were not inclined to hunt for him, more concerned with returning baby Kenneth to Charlotte and finding Naomi as well.

"[B]Well that's just great.[/B]" Jeanne groaned. "[B]That crazy messed up kid is out there on his own. I just know he's going to be trouble.[/B]"

"[B]It can't be helped.[/B]" Marta knew she should care, especially since she was no longer cursed, but she just couldn't bring herself to do so.

Jeanne sighed. "[B]Well if he pulls any stunts again, I meant what I said earlier, I will shoot to kill.[/B]"

"[B]Well hopefully that won't be an issue.[/B]" Marta replied and then she smiled when they finally came to a door leading outside into a lush garden with fruit trees and flowerbeds.

"[B]How about we take a moment to eat something and rest? I'm sure I can mash up some of the fruit to feed Kenneth.[/B]"

Jeanne just nodded and after grabbing something to eat she sat down next to Marta who had carefully set Kenneth down in the grass so she could work on preparing some food for him.

They hadn't been sitting long when Jeanne felt something odd enter her, like a feeling as if she could fix anything and the briefest of words echoed in her mind. [I]You will house my power to heal, remember, it is tied to your own strength.[/I] And then it was gone, leaving Jeanne to wonder if she had just imagined it.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-healcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Bellanna looked around at the remaining gods and then turned back to the pool with a snort of disgust. If they were too cowardly to put an end to the game then she would. Or at the very least she would remove some of the trickery that was still in play.

"[B]I've had enough of the underhanded dealings going on here.[/B]" She muttered to herself and then she readied her strike to deal with it.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Patrick had left the others several hours ago, convinced that Jeanne meant to do him in. And yet uncertain as to what he should even do. At one point he had passed the remains of the Kaijin, still limp and unresponsive, indicating that it really was dead and that there was no way to bring Cho back. Leaving him with no choice but to continue hunting for a way out. Muttering to himself as he did so.

"[B]I'm not cursed![/B]" He declared to himself yet again, still hurt that the others thought there was something wrong with him. "[B]You hear me![/B]" He yelled forcefully to the empty set of rooms he was in. "[B]I AM NOT CURSED![/B]"

The sudden movement reminded him that his leg still hurt where Jeanne had shot him in the leg and then in the arm when he had tried to take the gun from her. With his head still pounding he flopped to the floor, putting his hands on his temples as he shut his eyes and tried to think of what to do next.

"[B]Is anyone here?[/B]"

Patrick looked up to see Charlotte as she entered one of the doorways to the room he was in. It didn't take her long to realize that Patrick was sitting on the floor looking at her.

"[B]Patrick! What happened to you?[/B]" She rushed over and knelt in front of him fussing over the blood stained bandages on both his right leg and arm.

But Patrick was not listening, he was too busy realizing just how beautiful Charlotte really was. [I]Why didn't I notice it before?[/I]

Charlotte grasped both of his arms, getting him to look right at her. "[B]Patrick![/B]"

He blinked a few times and then blushed a bit before responding. "[B]Jeanne shot me for trying to bring your baby to you.[/B]" He lied.

Charlotte just pulled back a bit and looked away. [I]But I thought I saw...[/I] She shook her head. [I]No he was unconscious when Jachym showed me the other two talking.[/I]

"[B]Charlotte![/B]" She turned back when Patrick grabbed her hands in his. "[B]We have to save your baby! Jeanne is crazy! I don't know what she's got planned, but even Marta believes her.[/B]"

Charlotte just looked down, she had heard Marta speaking about how she and Kenneth and Patrick were already dead. Just thinking about it caused tears to flow down her face again.

"[B]Hey![/B]" Patrick reached up to brush her tears away. "[B]Someone as beautiful as you shouldn't be crying.[/B]" His expression darkened a bit as the thought that someone would deliberately hurt Charlotte just made him angry.

"[B]Can you walk?[/B]" Charlotte asked as she pulled free and stood up.

Patrick nodded and got up. "[B]Yeah.[/B]" He reached over to take her hand in his but Charlotte pulled it free.

"[B]Patrick, don't do that please.[/B]" Charlotte shook her head. [I]What's the matter with everyone? First Naomi was strange and now Patrick? [/I] With a sigh she started searching for the others with Patrick.[I] I have to get Kenneth from them before it's too late.[/I]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-shieldcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-anticard.png[/IMG]
[/CENTER]
[B]Anti Card:[/B] This card allows you to nullify the effect of a single card that has been played. It can be used on any card and on any soul. :p [[SIZE="1"]say good bye to the shield card mwahahahaha[/SIZE]][/FONT][/COLOR]