OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok

Sandy

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Jachym couldn't help but smile at Bellanna's move. He had a move or two himself as well, but the question was whether or not now was the time to actually put them to use. One wrong move, one tiny miscalculation and he, like the others before him would be out of the game for good. And Jachym intended to win. He stared at the pool as he wavered between being cautious or more bold.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
"[B]Would you stop that already?[/B]" Charlotte declared angrily as she pushed Patrick away. "[B]Stop touching me like that! It's inappropriate for a boy to put his hands on a woman in that manner![/B]" She stopped and turned to face him, still flustered that he had actually put his arm around her waist and... Charlotte turned red at the thought of where his hands had roamed to.

"[B]I'm not a boy![/B]" Patrick declared. "[B]I'm almost seventeen and old enough to have my own farm and even to be married![/B]"

Charlotte just stood there speechless as his words about not being a boy made her feel as if she was going insane. For in one moment he was in her eyes a very young man and yet as if blinking her eyes was all it took he seemed to take on an aspect of being older and more mature. She closed her eyes tightly and then looked again. [I]Am I seeing things? [/I] She jumped when Patrick took her hands in his and looked at her with an intensity that was frightening.

"[B]I love you Charlotte. I don't know how, but I just know that I do.[/B]" He moved closer. "[B]I want you more than I've ever wanted anyone, I want to show you just how much I love you.[/B]"

"[B]What about Kenneth?[/B]" Charlotte whispered, suddenly afraid and yet not understanding why she felt that way.

"[B]What about him?[/B]" Patrick shrugged. "[B]I've overheard the others talking about the fact that most of us were brought here after death. Seems to me that the boy will need a father.[/B]"

"[B]But,[/B]" Charlotte started to object and then stopped when Patrick shook his head negatively.

"[B]I know you care about me too Charlotte, I've noticed it since we first met.[/B]" Patrick insisted forcefully as he moved to start undressing her.

"[B]That's not true,[/B]" she protested weakly, trying to think of a good reason to shove him away. But her thoughts wouldn't settle down as conflicting whispers ran through her mind, one telling her she could not care for a boy and the other telling her that he was no boy and that she had in fact thought of him in that light since they first met.

[I]Am I going mad?[/I] She couldn't tell and the harder she tried to clear her mind the more confused she became.[I] What is going on here? Why can't I seem to stop him?[/I] Charlotte didn't know what to think anymore as Patrick did more than just undress her. And she couldn't stop herself from crying over the pain caused by the confusion her mind seemed to be in. [I]I really am going crazy[/I] she thought with despair.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"[B]You must not hesitate brothers.[/B]" Raone merely met the gaze of each god as they turned to look at him.

"[B]Many of us still have means of bringing about our victory and yet if you continue to stand still and do nothing, that victory will end up eluding your grasp.[/B]" He finished.

"[B]What makes you think we stand still?[/B]" Jachym smirked. "[B]Or have those powers of truth finally failed you?[/B]"

"[B]Perhaps you are not the one I refer to.[/B]" Raone gave Illyria a stern glance. "[B]I'm quite sure that the one who is desperately stalling for time, looking to elude the trap around them knows just what I am talking about.[/B]"

Illyria just smiled. "[B]I think Jachym is correct, you're powers of truth have failed you in so many ways.[/B]"

"[B]We shall see.[/B]" Raone replied calmly.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][/center]
Marta was rocking Kenneth to sleep after having gotten him to eat the fruit she had mashed up for him. Part of her was thinking they should move on and another part of her wished to simply stay put and pretend that they weren't stuck in the place known as the Ragnarok. It was certainly not what she had expected, even if she wasn't a true student of history, she still had been under the impression that the Ragnarok was a battle ground of sorts, but so far it hadn't even come close to anything like that.

"[B]You've no idea how much I envy you.[/B]" Marta said softly.

"[B]What do you mean?[/B]" Jeanne asked her. "[B]There's nothing to envy, we're both stuck here.[/B]"

Startled Marta looked up as she had not expected Jeanne to hear her words spoken softly to herself.

"[B]That's not what I mean.[/B]" She looked away. "[B]I was referring to how each of you had good lives before you were brought here, I was in the middle of a trial for the murder of my husband. And since then I turned my back on Joe and chose to let him die, all to save my own sorry pathetic self.[/B]"

Jeanne searched for something to say before finally settling on something, "[B]I can only guess that you had your reasons.[/B]" She finally said. "[B]And it's only human to want to live.[/B]"

Marta just laughed out loud. "[B]Only human? It was pure selfishness on my part, the man I allowed to die was far kinder and certainly deserved to live more than I ever did.[/B]"

She sighed as she stood up and made ready to leave. "[B]What I really want is to find some way to take control of this place. I've no idea how, but if I could somehow find a way, then I could live here and never return home again. I'd never have to be betrayed by some worthless cheating man. Hell! I might even be able to do what the Gods did and simply chose who I want to be here with me."[/B]

"[B]Marta.[/B]" Jeanne started to say as she too got up to leave.

"[B]Yeah, I know, Pride before the fall right? It's sheer greed and arrogance for me to even think I have the good judgment to be in charge of something like this. I'd just make things even worse than they are now.[/B]"

Marta carefully wrapped Kenneth up in the small blanket she had and then smiled at him a bit. "[B]We'd best get moving and find Charlotte and the others, she must be worried sick about Kenneth. I know I would be.[/B]" She walked off, back the way they had come, starting the search yet again.

[indent][size=1]“[b]You are finished, Illyria,[/b]” Raone said sternly, “[b]No matter how you may twist and torment the souls within The Ragnarok, truth will prevail.[/b]”

Illyria glared, “[b]You have always underestimated me, I’m afraid. Your supposed truth will come to haunt you when my greatest secret is revealed, just as your boring lectures have come to haunt me.[/b]”

“[b]You are but a mere trickster,[/b]” Bellana said with a sigh, “[b]Spare us your words and show us action if you truly hope to win this game.[/b]”

[Center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/img][/center]
Jeanne held onto the silver pistol tightly as she group continued their search for Charlotte and Naomi. She had grown quite fond of Kenneth through their time together, but ultimately knew that it would be short-lived. The others believed that only one would escape The Ragnarok alive, and she made no attempt to hide the fact that she was looking out for herself.

"[b]I'm ashamed of the way we have behaved so far, Jeanne,[/b]" Marta said, "[b]Each of us have done terrible things to survive this far, I don't want to be that kind of person anymore.[/b]"

Jeanne rolled her eyes.

“[b]What we need to do is find shelter,[/b]” she said as she turned her attention towards the graying skyline, “[b]A storm is brewing, and it looks like it’s going to be a rough one.[/b]”

Marta nodded in agreement, “[b]I only hope the others are alright. Patrick seems to have disappeared once again.[/b]”

“[b]Let him be, Marta. We have enough to worry about without that moron getting us into any more danger.[/b]”

In the distance Marta could see several beautiful marble statues. They were of young men and woman, frozen in time as they danced around a small fountain.

“[b]Look at that![/b]” she said as she pointed, “[b]The detail on those statues is amazing.[/b]”

Jeanne walked into the courtyard cautiously as she admired the works of art.

“[b]Hm. Such a strange find in the middle of nowhere…[/b]” the young woman remarked, “[b] I suppose it wouldn’t be fair for things to make sense now, would it?[/b]”

She laughed to herself as she felt a few stray drops of rain fall across her face. Jeanne turned to Marta only notice her new friend petrified in fear.

“[b]Marta! What is it?[/b]”

Marta ran her fingers across the face of one of the statues slowly, “[b]This one right here… it’s my husband.[/b]”

“[b]That doesn’t make any sense. Why would someone create a statue of..?[/b]”

It was then that Jeanne recognized her own face on one of the statues. Although many years had passed since she was as young and as naïve as the girl she saw, the likeness was unmistakable.

“[b]And this one is of me! What is going on here?[/b]”

Suddenly a bolt of lightning struck the fountain at the center of the courtyard, knocking stray bits of stone into the two women’s faces. Blinded, Marta fell to the ground as rain began to fall harder and harder, dropping Kenneth onto the mud.

“[b]No![/b]” Jeanne felt a cold, powerful hand grab her from behind as she reached for the child. She turned around to discover that somehow the stone figures had come to life. Jeanne struggled to free herself from the golem’s grip, but found it impossible. She quickly withdrew her pistol and began firing onto the monster point blank wildly.

“[b]Get Kenneth and run![/b]” she shouted as the statue shattered against the ground.

“[b]I can’t see![/b]” Marta screamed as a pair of statues struck her from behind, “[b]--Agh![/b]”

Jeanne continued firing at the statues as she made her way towards Marta, destroying the two statues. Stray bolts of lighting clashed against the forest floor, each one drawing closer and closer to the women.

“[b]Put it away, Jeanne![/b]” Marta pleaded as she struggled to reach her feet, “[b]The storm is getting worse, you‘ll get killed![/b]”

“[b]We have to protect ourselves![/b]” Jeanne shouted angrilly.

Marta finally managed to wipe the marble from her eyes, and ripped the weapon out of Jeanne’s hands.

“[b]Go with Kenneth,[/b]” Marta said as she ran into the distance, “[b]I need to get this away before--[/b]”

Jeanne reached for her friend, but nature intervened. A thunderbolt struck Marta and the pistol, enveloping the woman in a brilliant burst of white light. Jeanne fell the ground, her eyes filled with tears as Marta's life was extinguished only a few feet away.

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/img][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soulswapcard.png[/img][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/img][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/img][/center][/size][/indent]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]The tension rose quickly again around the pool in the nearly-abandoned Valhalla. With so few souls left, the brothers and sisters of Paraxis were getting nervous.

Paraxis's empty eyes widened when he saw that a new kind of card had been played.

"Finally..."[/COLOR]
[CENTER]~~~~~
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-enora.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-timetravelcard.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

She had been waiting for this journey for years now, ever since she had been chosen as the Emissary to the Past. Enora Isago's heart had pounded with pride and excitement as she stepped into the portal that would bring her back in time a thousand years.

She had left her three companions, sixteen children and hundreds of children's children and their children behind to get a glimpse of the time of the Revelation of Love. Exactly thousand years ago the Goddess had appeared to the humankind and brought with Her the message of love and peace.

[I]"Wage not war, but make love instead"[/I], She had taught them. And a miraculous sensation had filled them all, and ever since that day everything had been lovely and beautiful.

Or so Enora had always been taught. She as a Judge of Love knew all too well that humankind was incapable of restraining itself from strife. Sure, the Earth she lived in knew no boundaries between genders, sexualities, skin colors or ages, but when a hundred billion individuals are forced to inhabit one small planet and it's satellite, great problems were bound to arise.

But Enora Isago was an idealist. She was certain that her journey through time would bring an answer to the people of her time - even though she couldn't return there herself. Enora would find out just what had happened to make the Goddess suddenly reveal herself.

So as she stepped through the portal of light that carried her one thousand years to the past, she didn't know what to expect. But what she then saw on the other side she would never have believed to be even possible.

[CENTER]~~~~~[/CENTER]
[B]Name:[/B] Enora Isago
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Age:[/B] 125
[B]Origins:[/B] Cairo, Egypt 3007
[B]Occupation:[/B] Judge[/FONT]

"[B]Now I wonder just who could have played that card.[/B]" Celesta said. But no one answered of course, like her they would not reveal who their souls were, even though at this point it was all but certain as to who was representing who. She sighed just a tiny bit as she would find out soon enough just who had called the new soul into play. If she was still around that is.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-enora.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Enora didn't know who was more surprised, her or the woman who was carrying a baby and running in a futile attempt to avoid getting soaked as she made for the building where Enora had appeared. Enora stepped aside as Jeanne ran inside and then sat down, exhausted and chilled to the bone.

"[B]Can I help you?[/B]" Enora asked her politely.

"[B]Who are you?[/B]" Jeanne asked warily.

"[B]I am Enora and please let me at least get your little one into something dry.[/B]" She pulled off the simple wrap around her waist. "[B]He'll be quite warm while his clothing dries out.[/B]"

Jeanne hesitated and then finally let Enora take Kenneth from her. "[B]He's not mine by the way. He was separated from his mother and I've been trying to find her.[/B]"

"[B]Then perhaps I could help you?[/B]" Enora said as she quickly stripped Kenneth of his wet clothing and with expert practice wrapped him up snuggly.

Jeanne just looked on in surprise at how easily she took care of Kenneth. "[B]I take it that you have children of your own?[/B]"

"[B]Sixteen.[/B]" Enora replied.

Jeanne opened her mouth in a silent O. "[B]I had no idea, you don't look old enough to have that many...[/B]" She stopped and flushed, embarrassed at her assumption. "[B]I'm sorry, I didn't mean that... Let me start again. I'm Jeanne and this is Kenneth. I know you said your name is Enora, so just when and where are you from?[/B]"

Enora just smiled at her mistake, after all in the past people did not live as long as they did in her time. "[B]I am from the year 3007, Cairo, Egypt. I came back in time to see what prompted the Goddess to reveal herself.[/B]"

"[B]Oh Hell,[/B]" Jeanne leaned back and slammed her head into the wall behind her. "[B]Does this mean now I'm the one who is really dead?[/B]"

"[B]What do you mean?"[/B] Enora asked as Jeanne stopped trying to get the water out of her clothes and just stared off despondently.

"[B]You do know where you are, right? In the Ragnarok, the final battle between the gods. If you are here then it must meant that whatever god you are champion too has won, most likely this Goddess you speak of.[/B]" Jeanne could see that Enora was still confused. "[B]What I'm saying is your coming here only heralds my death. After all, it seems that only one of us will leave here alive.[/B]"

Enora just tilted her head to the side. "[B]Or my coming means that my death would be required to ensure the Goddess' true champion is the one to survive. Your assumption is illogical.[/B]" She concluded.

Jeanne just laughed bitterly. "[B]Once you've been here a while, if you live long enough, you'll see just how [I]illogical[/I] this place really is.[/B]"

Jeanne stood up. "[B]If you wish to help me hunt for Charlotte, Kenneth's mother, that's fine by me, but don't expect me to like you. I won't hide the fact that I resent that you are here. If this really is the Ragnarok, you being here means I might have to choose between letting you die over myself and that's a choice I don't want to have to make.[/B]"

"[B]Then don't worry over it.[/B]" Enora said. "[B]Justice is at times harsh, even though we would wish it otherwise. I assure you I understand that all to well.[/B]" She paused and attempted to hand Kenneth back but Jeanne waved for her to keep carrying him, after all, she didn't have any dry clothing to change into. She simply picked up Kenneth's to carry along as she followed along with Jeanne in her search for the boy's mother.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B]"Ah, finally!"[/B] Paraxis exclaimed with his raspy voice as he saw the next card being played. He had waited for this to happen a long time. This would bring an end to Illyria's schemes. The game of the Death God would reach it's conclusion, and only one god would rule over the Earth.

Paraxis didn't have anything to lose with the game, since there was nothing as inevitable in the world as death. He might lose his grip to the mortal realm, but he would remain the sole ruler of the Beyond nevertheless.[/COLOR]
[CENTER]~~~~~
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-enora.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Jeanne pushed forward despite the roaring blizzard around them. Her simple white petticoat was nowhere enough to protect her from the shearing coldness. The bald lady calling herself Enora followed her, squeezing baby Kenneth against herself. Jeanne wasn't quite sure how they had ended up into the chilling environment, but there was no turning back.

The snowstorm was getting so dense that Jeanne couldn't see around her anymore. She turned around to look for Enora, but she had vanished as well. Jeanne turned back, and finally stumbled upon the strange woman who was on her knees on the snowbank digging it.

[B]"I... I'm sorry!"[/B] Enora shouted through the blizzard, looking up at Jeanne with teary eyes. [B]"I tripped, and I lost him! I lost the baby, Jeanne!"[/B]
[CENTER]~~~~~
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG]
[/CENTER]
Charlotte felt cautious with Patrick. The young man was obviously mad about her - and just mad period. She would need to be careful not to cross with him, or she would find herself out of this twisted game fast. And who would take care of Little Kenneth, then?

[B]"Oh, look!"[/B] she gasped in awe as they entered through a thick stone door. They had arrived to a cave filled with glistening crystals.
[B]
"What a blessed sight!"[/B] Patrick echoed her thoughts, but soon his bewildered eyes shifted back to Charlotte. [B]"But these jewels pale in comparison to your eyes, my beloved one."[/B]

Charlotte held back a sigh of frustration and disgust. [B]"Oh, you flatter me too much, Patrick..."[/B]

[B]"But I mean every word of it!"[/B] Patrick shouted suddenly, his voice booming throughout the cavern. The sound made even the crystals tinkle.

[B]"What is that there in the depths, dear?"[/B] Charlotte quickly said, trying to divert her explosive companion's attention to the strange crystal formation in the far end of the cave.

They walked to it, and to their amazement saw a naked little boy, not more than six years old, sealed within a huge glittering crystal.

[B]"What a wonder..."[/B] Charlotte sighed, and approached the monument bedazzled by it. The boy looked so familiar, and a strange warmth was emanating from the crystal. But as Charlotte touched it, the crystal suddenly shattered into billions of bits and pieces, too small to even cause marks to her skin.

The little boy fell limp to the midst of the crystal dust. Charlotte rushed to him and embraced him.

[B]"Mother?"[/B] the boy asked out of a sudden.

Charlotte's eyes widened. This boy was Kenneth, his baby Kenneth!

[CENTER]~~~~~
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-kennethjunior.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-creationcard.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
[B]Name:[/B] Kenneth Jouet
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Age:[/B] 6
[B]Origins:[/B] The Ragnarok 2007
[B]Occupation:[/B] Child[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Jachym was not amused with the addition of two new souls to the Ragnarok, not that it mattered, he would thin the ranks down by one momentarily. But before he could move to do so Bellanna spoke up.

"[B]I like not that look in your eye Jachym, just what are you up to?[/B]"

"[B]Just watch and see Bellanna.[/B]" Jachym said mockingly as he vanished from Valhalla.

"[B]I think not![/B]" Bellanna declared as she too vanished.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-enora.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-kennethjunior.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Patrick was not happy with the appearance of a more fully grown Kenneth, he had thought the idea of being a father would be fun, but that was before Kenneth had been changed into a young child. But Charlotte was so happy to see him that he kept quiet and helped her take his choir robe and shorten it up for Kenneth to wear.

"[B]We should keep looking for a way out of here.[/B]" Charlotte said turning to look for a way out since the door they had entered in was gone. But there was a raging blizzard going on out the only other exit and even though they were well sheltered it was still quite cold.

The shadows of two figures appeared at the door and before Charlotte could truly register just who was there Jeanne and a stranger entered the cave, staggering as though affected by the deep cold outside. Only when they had paused to shake the snow out of their clothing did they realize that they were not alone.

"[B]You![/B]" Charlotte screeched when she realized Jeanne was there. "[B]You steer clear of me and Kenneth![/B]" She moved until she was in front of him protectively. "[B]I won't let you harm my baby![/B]"

"[B]Wait![/B]" Jeanne tried to explain, "[B]you don't understand![/B]" But before a single one of them could do more than tense a deep voice echoed through the cavern.

"[B]That's correct, in so many ways.[/B]" The masculine voice said.

"[B]Jachym?[/B]" Charlotte muttered as she looked around and then stepped back in surprise as both Jeanne and Enora were encased in a shell of water. Both of them tried to push their way free but though the water appeared unmoving as it was firm to their touch.

"[B]What are you doing?[/B]" Charlotte asked when Jachym appeared, standing between the two woman who were trapped.

"[B]It's simple Charlotte, you remember what I showed you correct? I have decided to let you decide who will be next to leave the Ragnarok.[/B]"

"[B]Wait, by leave you mean?[/B]" Charlotte backed up, her hand going to her mouth as she realized just what he was saying.

"[B]That is correct you will choose who dies next. Will it be Jeanne? Or will it be Enora?[/b]"

Charlotte collasped, sitting down hard. [I]I can't make a choice like this! [/I]Kenneth just sat down next to her, taking her hand in his. "[B]What does he mean mother?[/B]"

"[B]I know what he means![/B]" Patrick declared as he advanced towards Jachym angrily. "[B]You have no right to ask her to make a decision like...[/B]" Patrick grunted in surprise as a bubble of water enveloped him as well, trapping him in place.

"[B]Be quiet foolish son of Illyria,[/B]" Jachym said with contempt. "[B]This does not concern you.[/B]" He turned back to Charlotte. "[B]Make your choice or I will choose randomly. It is the nature of the Ragnarok, you can make the choice or face the consequence of possibly losing your son or even yourself.[/B]"

"[B]What's the matter with you Jachym?[/B]" Bellana appeared before him. "[B]Why do you engage in this foolish game? Let the Ragnarok decide, stop tormenting the mortals![/B]" She said angrily.

Jachym laughed, "[B]The Ragnarok is more than enough to torment them dear Bellanna.[/B]" Jachym held up the death card in his possession. "[B]Unless you are saying you wish for me to spare your champion? If so you should have said so to begin with. After all, I do not consider you much of a threat.[/B]"

"[B]That's not what I meant![/B]" Bellanna threw up her hands in disgust. "[B]We decided to let the souls determine the outcome, you have no right to interfere in this manner![/B]"

"[B]Don't be silly, Paraxis himself has often interfered, just as Illyria and each of you has. Unlike the others the right to end one of the souls to ensure my victory has been earned. How I chose to do that is of no concern to you.[/B]"

"[B]We shall see.[/B]" Bellanna said before she vanished, leaving the others to wonder just what was going on.

"[B]Well... now that the theatrics is done with... choose Charlotte![/B]"

"[B]But I can't![/B]" She wailed. "[B]How can you ask me to choose? Why?[/B]"

She looked up at the two who were caught in the bubbles of water, each of them watching her, Patrick furiously pounding on it in an attempt to get free, Jeanne looking depressed and the stranger, simply standing there calmly as if merely waiting for judgment. Kenneth shook her a bit, inquiring yet again as to what Jachym meant.

[I]I don't have a choice, if I don't choose, he might take Kenneth. [/I]With a sob she pointed at Jeanne. "[B]I choose her.[/B]" Then she buried her face in her hands only to look up when Jachym laughed.

Charlotte looked up just in time to see the bubble surrounding Enora collapse, crushing her within an instant. Instantly she pulled Kenneth close, shielding his eyes from the gruesome sight.

"[B]Why? Why did you kill her? She was not the one I chose.[/B]"

"[B]I was testing your resolve Charlotte, to see if you possessed the strength to make such a difficult choice. It was my intention to kill Enora from the very beginning. The God who she was champion to was far more dangerous than the others here.[/B]" With a snap of his fingers, the water bubbles and Jachym vanished.

Charlotte just cried, hating how she had actually picked someone to die, just to save her own skin. [I]What kind of monster am I becoming?[/I] She wondered as she held Kenneth close to her.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-enora.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

This time it was Raone who was not amused with the antics by Jacyhm. Just as he was less than amused with the entire proceedings in choosing just one God. And as soon as Jachym returned he spoke.

"[B]That was uncalled for and unnecessarily cruel Jachym.[/B]" He said with clear disapproval over what he had just done.

"[B]No more cruel than bringing any of the souls here. If you were so concerned over perceived cruelty then perhaps you should have stayed out of this instead of bringing in two souls yourself when you knew that death was inevitable.[/B]" Jachym said mockingly.

"[B]Don't dance around how you deliberately toyed with the souls![/B]" Bellanna declared upon returning to Valhalla as well. "[b]There was no need to do the deed personally and torment them in such a manner![/b]"

"[b]I disagree, at this rate they would have banded together in an attempt to find a way out instead of doing what they were brought here for. If doing what is needed to get the job done bothers both of you so much, then perhaps you should just leave as you will lack the resolve to rule once this little game is finished.[/b]" Jachym smirked.

"[b]No brother, I think it is time that you left.[/b]" Raone said cryptically before turning back to the pool showing the few souls that remained. If he was correct, he would eliminate the God of the Sea with his next move.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-kennethjunior.jpg[/IMG][/center]
"[B]How could you?[/B]" Jeanne cried once the bubble of water imprisoning her was gone. "[B]You told that horrible man to kill me![/B]"

"[B]I had no choice![/B]" Charlotte replied. "[B]If I said nothing, he might have taken Kenneth![/B]"

"[B]You don't know that![/B]" Jeanne objected.

"[B]What I do know,[/B]" Charlotte said as she started to get angry, "[B]Is that you tried to kill my baby and me! If not for that sweet boy Ash getting in the way you would have succeeded![/B]"

Jeanne looked away, "[B]I couldn't help myself, I was being controlled by someone else. Once that control was gone, I was trying to find you and give your baby back.[/B]" She motioned towards Patrick, "[B]Even that fool can tell you that. After all he tried to steal your baby twice in some mad attempt to revive the Kaijin.[/B]"

"[B]Patrick?[/B]" Charlotte looked at him the question in her eyes one of wondering if Jeanne spoke the truth.

"[B]She's lying![/B]" Patrick declared heatedly. "[B]She knows how much I care for you and wants you for herself![/B]"

Charlotte was torn, she knew for a fact that Jeanne had tried to kill her and her baby just as she knew there was something terribly wrong with Patrick as well. [I]Who do I believe?[/I] She didn't know what to do.

"[B]Marta died protecting your baby Charlotte,[/B]" Jeanne said. "[B]But before she died she had some mysterious ability to see the truth and she told me that Patrick was cursed by something that was making him behave oddly as well. Considering all that happened... I'm inclined to believe her.[/B]"

"[B]That's not true![/B]" Patrick approached her angrily. "[B]Stop filling her mind with lies, you've done enough harm.[/B]"

"[B]Mother,[/B]" Kenneth spoke up finally, the confusion in his eyes evident. "[B]Why are all of you fighting?[/B]"

Charlotte turned to answer him and then jumped at the sound of a gun shot. She turned back in time to see Patrick fall to the ground, a bullet between the eyes and Jeanne holding a smoking gun.

"[B]Why?[/B]" Charlotte cried. "[B]Why did you have to...[/B]" She choked when she realized what Patrick had been holding in his hands since she couldn't recall when or if she had ever noticed that he had a small dagger.

Jeanne lowered the gun, still blackened from where the lightening had hit it. She had wondered if it would even still work after being hit. "[B]I'm sorry, but once he pulled that out, with you and Kenneth being between us I had no way of knowing for sure if he was coming after me or not. I couldn't let him get near anyone with that thing.[/B]"

Charlotte choked. "[B]No, you were right, I couldn't say anything in front of him but there was something wrong with him.[/B]" She looked away. "[B]I can't trust you so easily, but I do thank you for stopping him.[/B]" She sighed and got up, taking Kenneth's hand in hers. "[B]We need to find a way out of here, if there even is a way out for all of us.[/B]"

Jeanne just nodded and put the pistol away before searching for a way out other than back into the blizzard that was still raging outside.

[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

"[B]You seem troubled Celesta,[/B]" Raone observed, causing those who were left to turn to the dark haired goddess of life.

"[B]How can I not be? I am sure I am not the only one who questions the wisdom of what we have done here.[/B]"

Celesta moved forward until she was almost touching the pool where the remaining souls could be seen.

"[B]Do not let my troubles concern you Raone, just as you have done, I have accepted that what we have partaken in here is far from acceptable. I only hope the price was worth it.[/B]"

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-kennethjunior.jpg[/IMG][/center]
It took a little hunting, but Jeanne finally found a door encased in ice. A few well places shots from her pistol caused the ice to fracture enough that she was able to pry the rest away until they fell to the ground with a clatter. The door itself was stiff but with Charlotte's and Kenneth's help she was able to open it.

It lead to just behind the altar of a small church with beautiful stained glass windows with warm sunlight hitting them, bathing the small chapel in a soft glow. Charlotte took Kenneth and moved in without hesitation.

"[B]What a wonderful place![/B]" She exclaimed as she moved to her knees to pray in thanks.

"[B]What are you doing?[/B]" Jeanne asked in utter disbelief. "[B]Why are you praying to the fools who did this to you?[/B]"

Startled Charlotte looked up and started to say something but Jeanne kept on going, ignoring her, getting angrier by the minute.

"[B]These so called Gods are the very ones who are toying with our lives![/B]" Furious she turned and shot out the beautiful stain glass windows, causing them to shatter.

"[B]Stop that! You'll make them angry! It's not right to be so disrespectful towards God![/B]" Charlotte exclaimed as she got up and grabbed Jeanne's hand.

Jeanne halted at Charlotte's touch and then lowered the pistol. "[B]It's wrong for a God to abuse his people.[/B]" She stalked off and started rummaging though the different storage compartments looking for something useful, snatching a small robe that was in one of the cabinets.

"[B]Here, this should fit Kenneth better.[/B]" She tossed it to Charlotte, who tossed it to the ground.

"[B]Stealing from God will result in you going to hell. Would you have me damn my child?[/B]" She declared. "[B]It is bad enough that I am a sinner, but I would never do that to Kenneth!"[/B]

Uncertain as to why the adults were fighting, Kenneth ran off and hunched down behind one of the benches, utterly confused and trying to figure out what was going on, it was both scary and yet fascinating at the same time.

"[B]Sinner?[/B]" Jeanne laughed as she approached Charlotte. "[B]You come from a backwards era that holds any and all actions as sins, shall I demonstrate just what is acceptable in my era?[/B]"

"[B]I don't need any such demonstration.[/B]" Charlotte said sternly.

But Jeanne ignored her, grabbing her without warning and forcing a kiss on her while she ran one hand along her body, ignoring Charlotte who struggled fiercely to pull free. Then with a laugh she let her go.

"[B]Gah!... What's the matter with you people? First Naomi, then Patrick and now you![/B]" Charlotte backed away from her.

Jeanne just sighed. "[B]How would I know? Maybe you're cursed too. I've certainly never been attracted to women before.[/B]" She sat down in front of the altar and leaned back against it. "[B]Perhaps it's best you take Kenneth and leave. I can't guarantee that I'll let go next time. Just as I couldn't stop myself from trying to kill you and Kenneth.[/B]"

Charlotte just stared at her, wondering what to do, with a start she looked around for Kenneth and then breathed a sigh of relief when she saw him sitting behind one of the benches. [I]All I want is to go home.[/I] She thought as she moved to go and comfort Kenneth who was looking confused and a touch afraid.

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Jachym just frowned a bit at Raone's words, getting rid of him would not be so easily done and he had just the thing for making sure the move made would be useless. But before the God of the Sea could do more than even think about reversing what had just been done, Celesta surprised him with what she said next.

"[B]If you make that move Jachym, I will counter it immediately, even if it results in my losing this game and being banished.[/B]" She looked him straight in the eye. "[B]I am more than willing to do whatever it takes to keep one who would so cruelly taunt the souls from gaining dominion over them.[/B]"

"[B]Who's to say that I won't just turn around and counter you should you do so?[/B]"

"[B]I too would aid in putting an end to what you have done Jachym, even though I have long since lost interest in this pathetic game that Paraxis suggested.[/B]" Bellanna declared heatedly.

"[B]What nonsense is this?[/B]" Jachym asked Paraxis.

"[B]Nonsense? This petty bickering is why I elected to hold this game in the first place.[/B]" He replied.

Paraxis turned away, but both Bellanna and Celesta were glaring at him fiercely and even Raone was shaking his head sadly. Jachym did not need the ability to see the truth to realize that their declaration was in earnest. Only Illyria was strangely quiet, staying out of the argument altogether.

Disgusted Jachym turned away to face the pool, if they really were going to band against him, at this stage, it was all to obvious as to who was left in the game and who was not. The means to trick the others was long past. [I] If I cannot win this, then I will end it.[/I] He thought as he tossed his final card into the pool and then he sighed as it found it's target.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]
Charlotte and Kenneth had left Jeanne, still sitting on the floor in front of the alter in the church. Part of her was torn and wanted to follow Charlotte more than anything, and yet a part of her was sickened and disgusted by all that had happened. Plus, ever since the curse of Death had been lifted, she clearly remembered dying. How she had been heading for a party only to broadsided by a drunk driver.

It had been one of the most unbelievably disjointed and awkward experiences she had ever come across. Finding herself floating above her body in the cold rain as she stared at her lifeless body, crushed by the door that had been forced in by the other vehicle that had hit hers. Before she could even wonder what had happened, she had suddenly found herself in the Ragnarok, her body restored.

For a moment she thought that perhaps she had been imagining things but within a very short time something dark had clouded her vision and all she knew was a terrible desire to kill Charlotte's baby and incidentally Charlotte as well since she was still pregnant at the time. The overwhelming coldness and desire for vengeance had caused her mind to retreat into itself, watching from within and yet unable to do anything to stop what she was doing.

"[B]I wish I had never come here.[/B]" She finally said out loud. "[B]All I've done is harm others and kill innocent people.[/B]" Jeanne knew that she would never be able to forget Ash's face as he threw himself in front of Charlotte when she tried to kill her.

With a sigh she got up and looked around, wondering just what to do next, wondering if she would ever see her husband again. Just as she wondered if she would be forced to choose between herself and someone else. Could she choose to let someone else die like Charlotte did?

At first she had been furious, but then, when she had realized that she was attracted to her and had forcibly kissed her... another part of her mind relented, after all, what mother wouldn't choose to save their child? Would she have done any differently?

She was debating what to do when a shining card of gold appeared in front of her, spinning in place. It was beautiful beyond words and though the inscription on it was of a language she was not familiar with... somehow she knew what it was. Just as she knew what it offered. How she knew was beyond her.

What wasn't beyond her was the realization that like Charlotte, she now had a choice, if she took it for herself, she would cease to exist, or rather she would be returned to her original state, which was one of someone who was dead. If she gave it a shove... it would go to Kenneth, destroying whatever bonds had tied him to this place.

Jeanne didn't know if that would mean his death or not, there was something confusing in that she couldn't seem to see how such a thing would complicate matters in the Ragnarok. She only knew that doing so would for now, spare her life.

[I]Do I have a right to live? [/I]Her mind wandered back to the conversation she had with Marta, to how she was indeed already dead, as well as how she had killed Ash and harmed others since she had been here. Jeanne shook her head.[I] I've done enough harm,[/I] she thought as she reached for the golden card, halting it's spin and then blinking to shield her eyes as it brightened in intensity.

Without understanding why she pulled it towards herself until it was flat against her chest. A warm sensation filled her as she felt it enter her body and then slowly, she could feel herself drifting away. Her last thoughts before she was gone was one to wonder if it would be enough to right the wrongs she had committed. And then, she knew no more.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jeanne.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-creationcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-anticard.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Celesta had not expected Jachym to actually listen to what she said, nor had she expected Bellanna to agree with her. Sure the Goddess had been displeased with what Jachym had done, but still, she could have tried to take advantage of the situation to take Celesta out of the game for good. But for whatever reason she had decided to go against Jachym.

She didn't know what to say really and a quick glance at Raone only got a single nod from him. In that respect they were the same, content should either one fall and the other take their place. Reassured she turned back and set her card in motion, even though deliberately taking a life pained her, even if that life had already died once before. And then she said nothing, not trusting herself to speak just yet as she vanished from Valhalla.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-kennethjunior.jpg[/IMG][/center]
Charlotte was a little surprised when Jeanne did not follow her and Kenneth as they left the small chapel, heading out into the small town. For a moment Charlotte was overjoyed upon realizing where she was, that is until she realized that it was abandoned. She held on tightly to Kenneth's hand, wondering if she should head back to the church, even if it appeared to be the small town she grew up in, it was clear to her that it couldn't be the same place. It was exactly as she remembered it and many of the buildings had burned down when she was but a small child.

"[B]Where are we mother?[/B]" Kenneth asked as he looked up at her.

"[B]I'm not sure,[/B]" She said as she approached the largest building in the town, one that was where the law resided, but upon opening the door and entering she found herself in a different place altogether.

A wondrous garden unlike anything she had ever seen, so beautiful and peaceful that Charlotte wondered if she were in heaven. Somehow she could not imagine something this beautiful or peaceful existing inside the Ragnarok.

"[B]You are correct, and you are also incorrect.[/B]" A serene voice answered her thoughts.

Startled Charlotte turned towards the heart of the garden, finding a young woman with long flowing black hair who was wearing a golden crown with a sundisk symbol on the front. Her garments a pure white sleeveless dress gathered at the waist with a belt made of pure gold, with simple sandles on her feet.

"[B]I am Celesta the Goddess of Life, among the mortals I am known as Isis.[/B]" She approached them, speaking as she did so. "[B]You are still in the Ragnarok, this is but an illusion of my heavenly home.[/B]"

"[B]I don't understand.[/B]" Charlotte said.

"[B]How could you?[/B]" Celesta countered. "[B]There will be time for that, but more importantly, it is time for your son to return to the eternal rest that both you and he were denied in order to play out this trial.[/B]"

Charlotte clutched Kenneth tightly. "[B]Please, if you must take someone, take me instead.[/B]" She pleaded, tears running down her face.

"[B]I am sorry, I cannot. Kenneth is not my champion.[/B]" Celesta reached forward and gently brushed her tears away.

"[B]I will be kind, it will be no different than if he were to fall asleep. If I could avoid it I would. But it is necessary, there are forces at work that I am moving to stop. If I hesitate, more than the life of your son could be imperiled. As the Goddess of Life it is my duty to do all that I can to preserve it. Even the regrettable task of allowing one who is already dead to finally achieve the rest they deserve.[/B]"

Celesta turned and gently touched Kenneth on the forehead. A moment later he closed his eyes and then went limp in Charlotte's arms.

"[B]Leave us alone.[/B]" Charlotte sobbed as she sank to the ground, holding Kenneth's lifeless body. "[B]If this means I am your champion I would rather be dead.[/B]"

"[B]That is certainly a possibility.[/B]" Celesta answered her, causing Charlotte to look up at her in a startled manner. "[B]Though it is my intent rebuild this world or rather to correct some of the imbalances caused by the disregard of life, it is also true that you have already died and should you wish to continue to the afterlife with your son, I would not deny you that.[/B]"

Celesta smiled sadly, "[B]Think on what you wish to do Charlotte, I will explain more later.[/B]" And with that her and the gardens vanished, leaving Charlotte alone in the building of her abandoned town to weep over Kenneth.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-kennethjunior.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[font=Palatino Linotype][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]The shocked silence lingered in Valhalla for a while. Then Jachym slammed his huge fist to the edge of the pool, Raone closed his eyes and turned his back, Bellanna made a frustrated sound with her pursed lips, Illyria hissed and glared at Celesta, who on her behalf made a sigh of relief.

Paraxis just nodded to her. [B]"The Ragnarok has reached it's conclusion. As you all agreed when you began this game, only one of you will remain here to rule over the New Earth. What becomes of it is now in the hands of our sister Celesta, she who governs all creation."[/B]

Then the empty-eyed God of Death turned to the losing gods. [B]"The rest of you must depart from this place for good, and never try to return or you'll face your destiny. There are plenty of worlds for you to play with, but Earth belongs to Celesta. Now go."[/B]

One by one they left Valhalla. Raone smiled benevolently to Celesta and turned into a ray of sun. Bellanna didn't succeed in trying to hide her disappointment, but nevertheless gave her sister a hug and transformed into a flock of turtledoves who flew away. Jachym didn't even give Celesta and glance, but left in a waterspout accompanied by a crack of thunder. Illyria, being as enigmatic as ever, ripped open the lower portion of her face, forming a mock mouth. Then she started to laugh, and swallowed her own body.

Then there were just the two of them left: Life and Death.

[B]"I trust you do not forget your champion, sister. If you so decide, she can return to my realm to be with her newly-gained son, or she could become a Demigoddess Queen ruling Earth in your name. I leave the fate of both her and the entire humankind in your hands now. See you at the End of Time."[/B]

Paraxis bowed to the stoic goddess, and transformed into a shadow that quickly faded away. Valhalla collapsed into ruins, and the dawn of a new age illuminated the sovereign.[/COLOR][/font]

Celesta had not expected to be the last one remaining at Earth, deep down she lacked the utter ruthlessness that some of the others had. A fact that had been clearly shown through out the trial as time and time again, deceit and trickery had come into play, threatening more than just the lives of the mortal souls chosen to play as champion to the gods.

And though Charlotte originally had not been hers, she was now and it was time to finally set into motion those plans she had already thought upon, but had not expected to see to come to pass. Especially once Enora had arrived from the future. With the softest of sighs, ones of relief, Celesta summoned her heavenly home and her champion, Charlotte.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-kennethjunior.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6098/husband01es2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Charlotte was still holding Kenneth Jr. when the world around her spun and she found herself standing all alone in the gardens where Kenneth had died.

"[B]No,[/B]" She cried, "[B]I don't want to be here, I don't want to be in this place.[/B]" She looked up to see Celesta standing before her. "[B]Please, I already said that I would rather be dead.[/B]"

"[B]True,[/B]" Celesta replied serenely. "[B]But before you make that choice, you must be aware of all that it entails.[/B]" Celesta turned and traced a path in the air, until much like when Charlotte had been with Jachym underwater and he had shown her the others talking.

Celesta just smiled sadly as the images played before Charlotte, each one more startling and shocking than the last. From an utter lack of respect for life to senseless destruction. It continued from the past and then well into what would have been considered Charlotte's future.

Finally, she looked away. "[B]Please, I can't bear to watch any longer.[/B]" She looked instead at Celesta, "[B]I don't understand, why do you show me such things?[/B]"

"[B]I am not done Charlotte,[/B]" Celesta indicated the circle in the air that was still there, only now it was showing an image of the Earth reborn, of one much kinder and to her eyes a paradise as the polluted air was clean once more and the humans were living peacefully together. Confused she looked back at Celesta again.

"[B]It is my intent to rebuild the world so that all life is cherished and allowed to live peacefully, regardless of status or standing. As my champion you have the right to rule on Earth in my name, carrying out my will.[/B]" Celesta explained.

"[B]But, what about Kenneth?[/B]" Charlotte whispered.

Celesta's answer was to indicate the circle once again, only this time it was showing a different place altogether, a simple field and two people who Charlotte recognized instantly. Kenneth and his real father, Francis.

"[B]Kenneth? Francis?[/B]" She asked out loud, confused as to what she was seeing.

As one they turned as if they could hear her voice. "[B]Mother?[/B]"

"[B]Charlotte? Is that really you?[/B]"

"[B]Both of them are in the afterlife, Charlotte.[/B]" Celesta explained when Charlotte looked at her for an explanation. "[B]Whether you go now or later, both of them will be waiting for you.[/B]"

"[B]It's okay mom![/B]" Kenneth smiled. "[B]We'll be here waiting for you.[/B]"

"[B]That's right Charlotte, don't give up on the chance to live out your life. I promise to take good care of our son until you arrive.[/B]" Francis said.

And then with a wave of her hand, the circle vanished, leaving Charlotte and Celesta in her heavenly home. "[B]Well Charlotte? What will you do? Will you go to the next life? Or will you help me build a better one for all of humanity before taking your eternal rest?[/B]"

"[B]They'll still be there? Waiting for me once the world is rebuilt, right?[/B]" Charlotte asked, remembering all the horrible things that Celesta had shown her, things that she would be able to help put and end to.

"[B]Yes,[/B]" Celesta smiled kindly, "[B]They will be waiting for you for as long as it takes.[/B]" She held out her hand to Charlotte, waiting to see what just what she would finally decide to do.

Charlotte, after a bit finally nodded, reaching out and taking Celesta's hand. "[B]Alright, I'll do it.[/B]" At those words a gentle power flowed through Charlotte, like a soft summer breeze, changing her appearance in a flash.

Charlotte barely had time to realize that she was dressed in a manner similar to Celesta before the gardens vanished as they descended to Earth. She was different somehow, and though she didn't truly understand it just yet, she could already sense the horrible imbalance from the images that Celesta had shown her. It was bitter and harsh and this from only a bare fraction of Celesta's power.[I] If it's this terrible to me,[/I] Charlotte thought as they drew closer to Earth,[I] it must be even more so for her.[/I]

"[B]Do not worry over it child,[/B]" Celesta said. "[B]In time your work will ease that pain as well as that of all who suffer.[/B]"

Charlotte just looked back at the Earth and for the first time since she had found herself in the Ragnarok, she was at peace with herself.