OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok

Sandy

[size=1][indent]Illyria stared at her Power Card for a moment, seemingly distracted from the game.

“[b] Is everything alright?[/b]” Bellana asked, teasing the God of Madness.

“[b]It’s nothing, my love. I just wonder if perhaps your card is too powerful for a mere mortal to control. As we both know, love is a subtle, yet potent curse.[/b]”

Jachym chuckled to himself.

“[b]Illyria speaks the truth once again,[/b]” The God of the Seas added, “[b]It would seem that love is on the minds of many souls tonight, not just those affected by the cards we deal.[/b]”

“[b]What these other mortals feel is not love, but lust,[/b]” Bellana chided, “[b]If you fail to see the difference, it would seem you aren't a worthy opponent in this game after all…[/b]”

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-kenneth.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img][/center]

As the sun set, Charlotte and Kenneth found themselves lodging in a beautiful, abandoned hotel. The city of marble seemed deserted, yet was fully stocked with bedding and food. It was as if the entire town’s residents had simply fled, or, as Kenneth noted, were forced out.

Though their relationship was still on shaky grounds, both had decided it was best to stick together in this strange new place. Kenneth was kind enough to find them some rooms, and after some trial and error Charlotte had figured out how to run a bath for herself. Charlotte‘s attitude had begun to wear away with fatigue, something the young man was very grateful for. He waited outside the room while she bathed; partially in case she needed anything, and also because he had hoped to catch a peek at the beautiful young woman dressing.

“[b]Where did you say you were from, Kenneth?[/b]” she asked through the door, “[b]New York City, wasn’t it?[/b]”

“[b]That’s right. I’m a photographer there.[/b]”

“[b]A photographer? How novel…[/b]” Charlotte asked curiously, “[b]My husband and I are Catholics, although we rarely practice…[/b]”

Kenneth laughed. [I]Was she joking?[/I] he thought to himself, [I]Where am I, anyway?[/I]

“[b]No, no, Charlotte, being a photographer is my job,[/b]” he said as he opened the box containing his camera, “[b]It requires me to use this thing. It’s a camera: a machine that records a picture of whatever you want it to. Like a portrait, only much faster.[/b]”

“[b]I see.[/b]”

“[b]Yes it really is something. I can… show it you if you’d like…[/b]”

The young man turned red from embarrassment. [I]What did I just say?[/I] he thought to himself, panicked.

There was a moment of silence.

“[b]Yes, please do. I’d very much like to see it![/b]” she replied, laughing innocently, “[b]This… ‘[I]camera[/I]’ sounds fascinating! Perhaps you can even take a ‘photograph‘ of me![/b]”

Kenneth cautiously entered the bathroom and instantly taken aback by her beauty. He handed Charlotte the camera to examine, brushing his hand against her wrist softly. She blushed. Kenneth had photographed many women before, but never had he come across one as striking as Charlotte. Her soft white skin and pleasant face made her look like an angel. The woman’s eyes widened in delight as she examined the camera. Kenneth couldn’t help but smile.

“[b]My… what a marvelous device! Is this one of Mr. Franklin‘s clever inventions?[/b]”

“[b]Benjamin… Franklin..?[/b]”

“[b]Why yes. My father had met him in France years ago, during your revolution,[/b]” she replied.

“[b]This particular camera was made by a man named Kodak. People use them all over my country.[/b]”

“[b]How interesting![/b]” she said with a smile, “[b]It must be an amazing life, to travel throughout the land freely and create art.[/b]”

The two locked eyes for a moment. Kenneth quickly turned his head away.

“[b]Yes, I suppose it is… I never really thought of it that way.[/b]”

Charlotte extended her delicate hand towards Kenneth, handing the camera back to him.

“[b]You see, Kenneth, I’ve been forced into a life of nobility at an early age. At times others view me as rude or selfish, but I simply never learned how or needed to do anything for myself. Why if it weren’t for you, I never would have found any shelter for me and this… this burden...[/b]”

“[b]It was the least I could do. I only wish you hadn’t been so cruel to that Chinese girl.[/b]”

“[b]It’s my duty to the French people to show that kind of strength,[/b]” she said as she splashed her hand in the water, “[b]We can’t allow such unsightly foreigners to be so demanding of us. Why if we were in Versailles I would have put her on the guillotine for her insolence.[/b]”

She paused for a moment.

“[b]Oof! I think I felt it kick from this damn child. Perhaps it is time I dry off and retire for the evening.[/b]”

“[b]Of course, of course. Let me help you to your room, Charlotte.[/b]”

[b]I feel so helpless in this strange place,[/b] Charlotte said as Kenneth quickly handed her a towel and robe, “[b]If only my absent husband cared as much for me..[/b]”

Kenneth helped Charlotte out of the tub, turning his head away slightly. She held onto the young man arm’s tightly as the two walked out through the hallway. Charlotte sighed.

“[b]What’s wrong?[/b]”

“[b]I have never spent a night outside of the estate,[/b]” she said softly, “[b]I wonder if you would stay in my quarters for the evening, to calm my nerves.[/b]”

Charlotte leaned in closely to Kenneth and kissed him on the mouth. He slowly pushed her away, trying to resist.

“[b]Charlotte![/b]” he exclaimed, “[b]It’s not that I don’t want to, but damn...[/b]”

“[b]Then why would you push me away?[/b]”

“[b]You’re pregnant. You’re huge! If your husband found out you were trying to sleep with me..[/b]”

Outraged, Charlotte slapped Kenneth across the face.

“[b]Do not worry about him, you foolish American boy![/b]” she muttered as she stormed down the hallway, “[b]Whatever makes you think my husband is the father..?[/b]”[/size][/indent]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]The God of Death was glad to see that the competing deities have started to put their Power Cards into the play. He hadn't asked them to create those for nothing...

Paraxis felt it was time to encourage the others to lay out their cards as well, so he pulled out a true ace from his sleeve.[/COLOR]
[CENTER]~~~~~
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-joe.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Joe Gossett was starting to get upset. His forehead wrinkled with worry.

[B]"Mama, where are you?"[/B] he shouted yet again, but his voice only echoed from the stone pillars around him. He didn't understand how he had ended up to this place. He had just stepped through his front door like always...

The landscape around him was really peculiar. Countless spires of stone twice Joe's height stood a little apart from each other, forming what looked like a petrified forest. The ground below was smooth but cracked. The sky was dusking, but Joe hadn't seen the sun.

[B]"Oh golly shucks, this is for nuffin'..."[/B] Joe sighed and sat down against one of the pillars. Suddenly he heard steps approaching where he was sitting. Accompanying the steps was sobs and sniffs.

[B]"Mama?"[/B] he called, hoping to see his beloved wife. He stood up and walked towards the noise.

A slash of a knife tore his shirt, barely avoiding skin. The woman wielding it cried out in despair.

[B]"Whatta..?"[/B] Joe exclaimed, stumbling backwards in shock. [B]"Oh God be merciful, what has happened to you?!"[/B]

Marta Kramer's eyes filled with tears when she saw the first living person in this god-forsaken place. But she still couldn't get the image of the monstrosity that had appeared to her from her mind.

The young pale boy had had no eyes, but had still wept blood. Marta had never been so afraid, not even when she had...

[B]"I'm... sorry"[/B], Marta stammered, lowering the knife. [B]"I thought... I was in Hell!"[/B]

Joe Gossett gulped. As he observed the middle-aged woman whose flesh was beginning to rot, he wasn't all that sure that the woman had been wrong.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-undeadcard-1.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"[B]Oh Bellanna,[/B]" Treisleilai laughed delightedly. "[B]How alike your passion and my blood lust really is. I could listen to Cho's inward screams of horror for hours on end.[/B]" Treisleilai smiled at Bellanna's look of annoyance.

"[B]Love and Sin have never been the same Treisleilai. You can only inspire lust where passion is but a part of love."[/B]

"[B]Yes, yes dear sister, you keep telling yourself that lie,[/B]" Treisleilai chuckled. "[B]In the mean time, I'll show you how it's done.[/B]" She tossed her power card down into the pool, selecting her target with deliberation. The one most worthy for [I]Her[/I] power was clear to see.

"[B]Now, lets just sit back and watch shall we?[/B]" She smiled mysteriously.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-bloodlustcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-christopher.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-nagi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Christopher had finished his bath, gotten cleaned up and dressed into the clean garments that he had found. But as he had been doing so, he could have sworn that someone or something had briefly whispered in his mind. It was more of a feeling really, as if something was telling him that whatever he desired was meant to be his. Normally, doing as he had just done in the bath was enough to quell such feelings, to let him keep the thoughts under control, but tonight was not the case.

As he tried to sleep, he kept waking up, tossing and turning as he could not get the image of the boy Patrick out of his mind. [I]Am I going mad?[/I] It was a thought that began to haunt him since never before had he experienced such an inability to put it out of his mind. All he could think of was going over there right now and dragging the boy off to somewhere secluded to have his way with him. As he looked at his watch for the hundredth time, only to see that it was not even four am yet, something inside of him snapped.

He had been patient for nearly a day, no longer would he wait. Besides if he went now, with them still being asleep he would be able to simply slip in and take what he wanted before the others would know he was there. Decided he slipped back into his original clothing and headed for the building across the street. It was still dark out except for the torches that were burning in front of each building. Christopher expected the door to be locked but to his surprise it was not.

The first floor was empty, nothing more than a living area and kitchen as well as another type of bathroom like he had where the tub was sunken into the floor. Christopher was about to head up the stairs when he came face to face with a small girl. It was a toss up as to who was more surprised, him or her. But as she opened her mouth to scream, swiftly he grabbed her, placing his hand over her mouth.

Kirima had woken up feeling thirsty, she did not like the darkness and wished that Cho had not vanished last night. Even if the two adults were nice to her, Cho had reminded her of her mother with her kind smile. But even though she had tried to stay awake for Cho, Kirima had fallen asleep. Now, as she timidly headed for the kitchen to get some water, she had encountered a stranger. But before she could scream to alert the others he had grabbed her, placing his hand over her mouth and whispering to her to be quiet.

She didn't know how, but something told her he was a bad man and she pushed and pulled and kicked as hard as she could to get free. Finally biting his hand as hard as she could, drawing blood. With a startled oath the hand pulled back and Kirima screamed as loud as she could, only to choke when the strange man wrapped his hands around her neck and squeezed while shaking her violently.

"[B]I told you to be quiet you little bitch![/B]" He snarled angrily at her.

What happened next was a blur to Kirima as suddenly she was dropped to the stairs as a shadow knocked the man who was attacking her aside. Kirima just lay there on the stairs, gasping for breath as the sounds of a struggle reached her ears. [I]What's going on?[/I] Finally she was able to move enough to see that Ian was attacking the stranger with a knife, attempting to stop him.

A quick stab to the stranger's left arm and with a howl of pain he ran off into the darkness. The last thing Kirima remembered as she passed out was Patrick's face as he came rushing down the stairs towards her.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR=#3D597E]Everything was going according to plan. After opening old wounds with her speech about Celesta's capablility to rule, everyone had gotten quite. The discussion had been reiterated through the years and it alwasy ended in violence. No doubt that right now, the same fact was running through everyone's head. This was even more obvious now that the other, more silent, gods were doing all the arguing. They even seemed to ignore Telumas, as she had exhausted her feelings that no one even wished to hear her opinion. The goddess smiled inwardly and tried her best not to match that smile on the outside. [I]Rattle the players. Rattle the game. Take the win.[/I] she thought to herself before turning back to the pool at the center.[/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ira.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-farah.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Ira couldn't sleep for the life of her. Was she in hell because that forest she emerged into sure as hell wasn't Russia. Yet, the unmistakable sound of bones snapping, that tunnel-vision blackness, and then...

Ira sat up abruptly, too frustrated to sleep. She only remembered light. Sudden light and then the jungle. [I]And that boy[/I] she thought, looking over at Jamie. Light should be designated as heaven, but Jamie said a woman had attacked him. Then the thought struck her, [I]Could it be purgatory? What have I done to deserve this?[/I]

But Jamie had said, he was at work, and suddenly walked into this place so how was it that she remembered dying and he didn't? [I]It's all so fucked up![/I] She stood and crossed to the closet, where a brown shoulder bag was hanging. She and Jamie had searched the entire home and found two bags with about seven days worth of clothing. Each new outfit seemed to be imported from different countries, and Ira figured that if she wasn't coming back, that at least she could use the clothing. [B]"Sorry,"[/B] she whispered to the sleeping boy as she left.

After packing, she left the house via the back door. She figured Jamie could be part of the illusion and her only option was to find her store and her way back to her home. After about an hour of treking through brush and overcoming the fear of an attack, she arrived at the exact spot where she had first appeared. Nothing was there. An opening in the forest shown a silver light, but everything else was bare. She let out a deep sigh and sunk to her knees, crying. [B]"Please help me, please. What did I do?"[/B] she prayed to god to give her strength. She prayed that this was a test of faith. She prayed that she was asleep in a hospital or perhaps in her bed and that the earthquake was fake as well. Sobbing, she gripped onto the rosarie around her neck for support.

She heard a twig snap behind her and Ira's first thought was that a wild animal had finally caught up with her, but it appeared to be a human. [B]"Jamie?"[/B] she called out? But instead it was a woman in a royal blue burka.

[B]"I'm sorry. My name is Farah."[/B] By the look of her clothing, Ira guessed her to be from the middle east. [B]"I hope I'm not intruding, but I saw that you were praying."[/B]

Ira just nodded. She couldn't really speak at all with her crying.

[B]"I, too, have sins which I must attone for. I hope that you would allow me to joing you?"[/B] Farah approached her, placing her hand on Ira's shoulder.

Ira nodded again and began praying again. Farah got on her knees and took a stance that the russian was not used to seeing, but the two women were already enthralled in the moment. Scared and confused, Farah thought that any woman regardless of her appearance was better than that disrespectful man. She hoped he was dead and prayed even more for forgiveness.[/SIZE]

Celesta didn?t really have anything to say, her strategy was in motion and empty boasts at this point really were unnecessary. She was tired of the game, ready for it to be settled. If only she could do so without sacrificing the souls that had been brought to the Ragnarok. But then the Gods had never been able to settle their differences before, so perhaps in the end, it was best if things were done in this manner.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charles.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-christopher.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Charles didn't know what to think, why would some white man or in this case youngster help him? If he had heard it once, he had heard it a thousand times. You can?t trust a white man. He couldn?t see why this time would be any different. He blindly followed the one who called himself Ash since he didn?t know what to do otherwise. Every slave knew that to be caught wandering around with one?s master would result in one being punished.

As they trudged on, even in the darkness, heading first through a jungle and then into what seemed to be an abandoned city. Little was said. Ash tried to talk to him but Charles didn?t know what to say and when some older white man clutching his left arm which had blood running down it came running down the street between the buildings and knocked Ash over. One look at the madness in the stranger?s eyes and Charles turned and ran as fast as his legs could carry him.

He heard Ash?s startled cries and then sounds of what had to be a struggle, but Charles couldn?t bring himself to head back and help. Too terrified of what would happen, too scared by finding himself in this strange place. [I]Am I in hell? [/I] Charles wondered as he continued to run.

Ash tried to talk to Charles, but it seemed that he really was afraid of him, making him wonder who had put the shackles on him. Had he made a mistake? He had freed Charles without giving it a second thought, but what if he was a criminal? That possibility had not crossed his mind at all. But as they wandered through the city they had found Ash did not get the chance to ask Charles, for he barely heard the sound of someone running before an older man came running around the corner and right into him, knocking both of them over. Ash tried to control his fall and failed, slamming painfully into the ground.

?[B]Why don?t you watch where you?re going old man.[/B]? He complained as he got back up, looking at the one who had run into him and then turning around in surprise at the sound of Charles taking off. [I]What the?[/I]

Ash barely had time to register that the man had moved when he grabbed his arms and shoved him hard into the wall of the closest building and then used his greater strength to pin him in place.

?[B]Gah! What?s the matter with you?[/B]? Ash tried to get free. ?[B]Let me go! You?re the idiot who ran into me. What?s your problem?[/B]?

?[B]My problem?[/B]? Christopher said with a hint of madness in his voice. ?[B]My problem is all of you would be little saviors and your self righteous ways.[/B]?
[I]
Hell! What kind of nut is he?[/I] Ash thought as he tried to kick his way free, but the man simply reached up and slammed his head into the building, stunning him. Taking the fight out of Ash.

?[B]My problem[/B],? Christopher continued in a voice wracked with pain. ?[B]Is boys like yourself who grow up too damn fast.[/B]?
[I]
What is he talking about?[/I] Ash wondered as he began to feel faint from the pressure against his neck from the man?s arm pinning him against the building. Then just as suddenly, he let go and Ash fell to the ground to dazed to move. But not too dazed that he didn?t groan in pain when the stranger kicked him several times in the side. Ash felt something pop and pain blossomed in his right side.

Then just as suddenly the stranger stopped and left him lying in the street. Ash waited until the sound of footsteps was gone before he tried to move, sitting up painfully. It was a while before he was able to stand up, clutching his right side which throbbed painfully where he had been kicked, making him wonder if one of his ribs had been broken or cracked.
[I]
Great.[/I] Ash thought. [I]Helping Charles was a waste of my time, he couldn?t get out of here fast enough.[/I] He started heading towards the next main street, in the opposite direction that the stranger had taken.[I] And naturally I just had to run into this city?s resident wacko.[/I] He walked out into the center of one of the bigger streets.[I] I wonder if there?s a hospital here?[/I]

It was always the same, Raone thought with disgust as he watched what was unfolding in the Ragnarok. The chaos from their intervention always had the same result, pain and madness among the mortal souls. If he was to win and finally put an end to the suffering it was time to make his move.

"[B]So,[/B]" Paraxis observed as Raone pulled forth the power card he had prepared. "[B]You're finally going to bestow your power.[/B]"

"[B]Every soul already posses a hint of the truth and light that I can grant.[/B]" Raone explained. "[B]Though they know it not.[/B]" He turned to the pool, watching the one he had chosen to wield his light.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-lightofaxiomcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-nagi.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Horrified, Patrick ran to pick up Kirima, cradling her tiny little body carefully. She seemed to be okay, but deep bruises were forming on her neck where the stranger had grasped her. Confused he looked up to Ian who was securing the front door.

"[B]Is she going to be alright?[/B]" He asked in a worried voice.

Ian motioned for Patrick to bring her over to the lush furniture and set her down, once he did so, he looked at her, checking what little he knew. Which wasn't much really, he didn't know how to care for the sick and injured other than the most simple of stuff.

"[B]She looks alright, though that mark on her neck is going to hurt quite a bit when she wakes up.[/B]"

"[B]I know what to do for that.[/B]" Patrick exclaimed. Quickly he dashed off into the kitchen area, rummaging through the storage closet where he had seen herbs and spices that they had used when they made dinner the other night after Cho Hee had disappeared.[I] I wonder if she's alright? [/I]

Patrick put it out of mind as he found what he was looking for, it wasn't uncommon for the hard work of farming to leave marks like the girl had and his mother had shown him what herbs would ease the pain. He grabbed the one he needed and found a small towel and covered it with the herb before closing it and then he dipped the whole thing in water. Then quickly he ran back out and gently lay the towel on her neck.

"[B]What happened?[/B]" Patrick asked when he was done and Ian motioned for him to take a seat on the other padded chairs in the room. "[B]I heard her scream and came as quickly as I could.[/B]"

"[B]I'm not sure,[/B]" Ian said. "[B]I had thought that Cho Hee would simply return after a brief walk so I did not secure the door, and once we got ready to sleep, I'm afraid I forgot about it. I was already partially awake when I heard her scream.[/B]"

Ian had been horrified to hear it, grabbing the long knife he had found in the kitchen, since he had instinctively taken it with him. When he had seen the stranger choking the poor child, he had acted without thinking. Instantly knocking him aside and then stabbing him with the knife in the arm when the man had struggled to stop him.

"[B]I managed to drive him away.[/B]" Ian sighed. "[B]What I don't understand is just what this place is or why we are even here. You've said you're from Ireland, the girl mentions her home as some place called Japan and yet even though it seems we are from such far away distant lands, here we are.[/B]"

Both of them turned at the sound of Kirima moaning as she started to stir. "[B]Why don't you see what's available in the kitchen?[/B]" Ian suggested. "[B]I'll go and quickly check the market for fresh food. We may as well have breakfast and then start exploring this place. I know I won't be falling asleep after what happened.[/B]"

Patrick nodded, eager to help. He knew how to make the most simple of meals, it was yet another thing he had learned since his mother had fallen ill. In no time, he gathered the necessary wood from the storage area in the kitchen and had a fire prepared for when Ian returned with food.

Ian checked the little girl once more, pleased to see that whatever Patrick had put on her seemed to be helping. He was about to leave when her eyes opened. He paused for a moment to reassure her, gently holding her down when she tried to get up.

"[B]It's alright, the man who attacked you is gone.[/B]" He smiled to show her that his words were the truth. Then gently he caught her hands when she tried to reach up to her neck.

"[B]It's best to leave that be, it will help with the hurt done to your neck. I'm going to go and get us some food so you stay here, Patrick will watch over you alright?[/B]" He waited for her to nod before he gently patted her left shoulder. "[B]Good, I'll be right back and then Patrick and I will fix you something to eat.[/B]"

Satisfied that she would stay put, he left the building, wondering if he would encounter the strange man who had attacked Kirima. But the trip was uneventful and as the first hints of dawn could be seen, he returned with fresh fruit, eggs and bacon that he had found in the still empty market place.

He was opening the door to go back in the building when for but a brief moment a vision of glowing gold colored iris and a voice in the back of his mind which spoke in ringing tones. [I]The truth is yours to see if you wish it. However, doing so will require that you let go of a memory. The choice is yours.[/I]

Ian shook his head. [I]What in the world?[/I] For the briefest of moments he wondered if he was going crazy, but then a powerful and warm feeling flowed through his body, as if sunlight had somehow entered his soul. Then it subsided and he could feel it hovering within, just waiting on him to call for it. With yet another shake of his head Ian closed the door behind him and then after briefly checking on Kirima he took the food into the kitchen.

[indent][size=1]If Paraxis only knew. Illyria would hold onto her card, watching and waiting for when her power was truly needed. There was no hurry. After all, in the Ragnarok it seemed as if madness was everywhere you looked…

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-reiko.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/img][/center]
Morning. Those who had been able to sleep in the strange marble city slowly awoke from their beds. Many were slowly realizing that this place was not a figment of their imaginations, but something far worse.

Cho Hee and Reiko had gotten very little sleep that night. In fact, around Cho Hee, Reiko was hardly able to do anything at all. The intense passion she felt for the young woman was unmistakable, but in her heart she knew that it was a lie. She only wished she had the strength to fight her new feelings rather than give into temptation.

“[b]We should try to find some of the others,[/b]” Reiko said as she wiped the sleep from her eyes, “[b]Maybe they found out something out about where we are…[/b]”

Cho Hee narrowed her eyes, clearly annoyed by this suggestion. Still unable to control her new abilities, she knew that meeting anyone else would attract unnecessary attention. If this city had been abandoned there was a reason, and she had no interest in finding out what that reason was.

“[b]The others are fools,[/b]” she replied angrily, “[b]There is a road extending out of the city, and I think I saw some tire marks. We should try following that out through the forest.[/b]”

“[b]Yes, you‘re right.[/b]”

Quietly the two had left the city, walking down a small, winding dirt road into the dense forest. Growing up on the islands of Singapore the tropical climate was something Reiko was used to, but unfortunately it was not the case with Miss Hee. The tall trees, thick brush and strange wildlife seemed to foreign to Cho Hee, she knew that if it weren’t for the road she would have gotten lost many times over.

"[b]This place reminds me of my childhood.[/b]" Reiko said softly, "[b]My family used to take me out into the forest to learn about nature. It's one of my few memories of them...[/b]"

"[b]How quaint. I just hope he make our way out of this place soon. I'm already exhausted.[/b]"

Reiko had asked herself several times whether or not leaving the city to follow Cho Hee was the best idea, but the mere thought of leaving the woman’s side was enough to make her sick.

After a few hours of walking the two had decided to stop and rest. They sat on the side of the road, wiping the sweat off of their foreheads and admiring the serene beauty of the jungle.

“[b]I’m growing weak,[/b]” Cho Hee muttered as she rested her head against her knees, “[b]I wonder if we shouldn’t have brought some food with us.[/b]”

“[b]Oh, don’t worry about that. This forest is full of berries and plants. I’m sure I can find something for us to eat while we rest.[/b]”

“[b]Could you please?[/b]” Cho Hee replied. She could feel her power taking control of her once again.

The two locked eyes for a moment. Reiko leaned in, kissing Cho Hee passionately on the mouth. They both blushed.

“[b]I… I don’t know what gets into me when I‘m around you,[/b]” Reiko said sheepishly as she stood up, “[b]This feeling is so strong. I love you, Cho Hee.[/b]”

Cho Hee smiled. Although she knew she was controlling Reiko somehow, her own feelings for the young woman were very sincere. She had spent much of her life alone, friendless. Even if she was manipulating Reiko, it was comforting to have someone care about her.

“[b]And I care for you as well, Reiko. You are very beautiful.[/b]

“[b]Now I wonder if you could go find some of that food you spoke about…[/b]”

“[b]Of course! I‘ll hurry back as soon as I can.[/b]”

“[b]Thank you.[/b]”

Reiko walked into the dense jungle brush, eventually disappearing from Cho Hee’s sight after a few minutes. While the climate was familiar to Miss Cheng, none of the plants were. A mighty roar could be heard echoing throughout the forest, startling every creature in the forest. Reiko rushed deeper into the jungle, trying to return to Cho Hee before she lost her way. It was too late.

“[b]Cho!?[/b]” she cried out into the forest. No response.

Reiko was scared. Not for herself, but for her Cho Hee. A million thoughts began flooding into her head: [I]What if something had gotten to her? What kind of terrible creature can make sounds like that?[/I] She tried calling out again. Still no response. Every bit of forest seemed identical; there was no way of knowing if she was heading in the right direction or not.

There was another loud roar, this time much closer. The hair on Reiko’s arm stood up, and she frantically began running through the forest. Tears began running down her face as the sound of massive footsteps drew closer and closer. Reiko had to think quick; whatever was following her might have gotten a hold of her love, might [I]still[/I] get a hold of her love if she wasn’t smart.

[I]It’s too fast,[/I] she thought as she changed her direction once again. She was no longer trying to find the other young woman, quite the contrary. If she could distract the creature long enough, maybe she could keep Cho Hee safe.

Not watching her steps, Reiko’s foot began entangled under a thick vine. She quickly slammed against the ground, smashing her face against a thick wooden tree root. The footsteps continued drawing closer, now accompanied by heavy, pained breathing. Reiko closed her eyes and thought of Cho Hee as the mysterious beast approached. No matter how quickly she ran, she knew that she would never be able to escape...

[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-reiko.jpg[/img][/center][/size][/indent]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Jachym toyed with his card, watching the souls in the Ragnarok carefully. Now that the others had put their cards forth, with the exception of Illyria, it was time for his power to be put to use. Just as it was time to show just how terrible the wrath of the sea was. His power was not limited to controlling the sea, but all of water, even that within a mortal soul’s body. As he watched one of the souls who was approaching one of the buildings to enter it, he tossed his card into pool.

No explanation was necessary, just the touch of the power would be enough for the soul to realize it. Much in the way that Treisleilai’s power of Bloodlust immediately called to the bearer’s nature. No, the built up anger and rage of the one he had chosen would work perfectly, letting him tap in to the more subtle nature of his power. Combined with the Bloodlust, it would make a terrible combination.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-tsunamicard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-christopher.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-kenneth.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Christopher did not know why he had left the other youth behind, even if he was a bit older than he preferred, taking him would have at least given him some relief. It had reached the point that it was almost unbearable, the desire to feel himself sliding into anther was so strong that it was painful, enough that he finally picked what looked like an empty hotel.

As he opened the door an odd sensation overcame him, much like what had happened when he had been struck by the overwhelming desire last night. Only this time, as odd as it seemed it was if he could suddenly sense the very water in the air and for a brief moment, like an elaborate spider web he could feel all of the water through out the entire city, even that which was within one’s body. And then the feeling faded, though it felt as if he could control water somehow.

He shrugged it aside and entered the building, taking the stairs up to where the rooms were located. He had only made it to the top when an pregnant woman came out of one of the rooms. Christopher froze, he had no interest in talking to women. But she had other ideas, standing there dressed in a nightgown.

“[B]Well it’s about time you showed up![/B]” She declared bossily. “[B]What kind of idiot abandons their hotel and can’t be bothered to see to the needs of their guests? I expect your finest breakfast to make up for such boorish manners.[/B]”

“[B]Excuse me?[/B]” Christopher said with surprise. “[B]I am not one of the employee’s here, if you want breakfast, fetch it yourself you ill mannered bitch.[/B]”

Charlotte sputtered in indignation and then without thinking took a few steps forward to slap Christopher, but he caught her hand easily. His own features twisting in rage. He had put up with condescending women long enough. First his mother and her never ending rants about how horrible men were, the doctor he had been forced to attend and now this? Charlotte tried to pull free as if realizing that she had gone to far, but Christopher cruelly twisted her wrist, forcing her around so it was twisted up behind her back.

Charlotte gasped in pain. “[B]Stop that! You’re hurting me![/B]” But Christopher was beyond hearing as he shoved her face first into the wall, holding her there with her aim pinned behind her back while he opened the door and then grabbed her with both arms and shoved her into the room violently. And when she moved to scream he struck her hard on the back of her head. Without a sound, she fell to the floor, unconscious from the blow.

Christopher was debating what to do when the sound of someone else moving around caught his attention. Quickly he moved to the door, opening it just a crack. A young man was coming down the hallway, carrying what looked like a tray with food for two on it. He looked like he was a bit young, but it was likely that he was the woman’s husband.[I] So that’s the unfortunate soul who is married to that bitch.[/I]

Christopher closed the door and waited to see what would happen. Sure enough moments later there was a knock at the door. Then a few minutes later another as a muffled voice could be heard. “[B]Charlotte? It’s me Kenneth, I’ve brought you some breakfast.[/B]”

Christopher was about to ignore the calls when yet another wave of the intense desire he had been feeling washed over him. Even if the one calling himself Kenneth wasn’t as young as he preferred… Just the thought of what he could do decided him. Smiling to himself he opened the door, staying behind it and out of sight.

“[B]Charlotte?[/B]” The young man said in confusion as he took a few steps into the room. After setting the tray down on the small table next to the door.

Christopher didn’t give him a chance, instantly hitting him hard, only barely missing the back of Kenneth’s neck, causing him to stagger instead of being knocked out.

“[B]What the hell?[/B]” Kenneth exclaimed as he tried to turn to see his attacker, only to be distracted by the sight of Charlotte lying on the floor unconscious. “[B]Charlotte![/B]”

As the stranger rushed him Kenneth reached out and managed to grab the teapot with the water in it off of the tray by the door, he swung it, fully intending to hit the unknown man in Charlotte’s room. But suddenly the teapot stopped in midair. [I]What the hell? [/I]Before he could wonder what had happened it pulled free of his grasp on it’s own and slammed into his face, knocking him backwards.

He barely had time to realize what had happened when the unknown man was upon him, knocking him to the floor and then beating and kicking him without mercy, ignore his cries of pain until finally a few well placed blows to the head left Kenneth feeling too dazed to move. He tried feebly to get up but his assailant grabbed him by the shirt and dragged him over to the bed, tossing him there.

Kenneth tried to move but never in his most horrible nightmares could Kenneth have guessed what would happen next as the unknown man tore his clothing off of him and tied him up before proceeding to rape him. Ignoring his tears as he begged him to stop. Then as he felt something wrap around his neck he struggled in vain with what little strength he had left, until finally everything went dark.

Christopher was too far gone into what he was doing, sinking into that pleasure that only came from taking what he wanted. Kenneth’s tears and pleas falling on deaf ears. It wasn’t until later, when he finally came to himself that he decided that keeping him around was pointless. He was too damn old, and he already knew that there was at least two others who were younger. Those he would be more careful with.

Decided he pulled free, zipped up his pants and then wrapped a towel around Kenneth’s neck and then twisted it until he felt his neck snap. With an indifferent shrug he then left him there on the bed. Only pausing long enough to bend over and slam Charlotte’s head into the floor, since she was starting to come around. Satisfied, he grabbed a piece of toast off the tray as he left the room. Getting what he wanted always made him hungry. Then moments later he had left the hotel to leave and find another place to rest for a while.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-kenneth.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Celesta was ready, though she wished it not. She preferred to grant life, not take it away, but still, it was necessary and in the end all things passed on. She was not so foolish as to think granting eternal life was a good thing. She knew better than that.

"[B]You look troubled Celesta,[/B]" Illyria said with a mischievous grin. "[B]I wonder why that could be?[/B]" She tapped her chin with her right hand and then continued mockingly. "[B]I know! It's because your about to end one of those precious lives you are so fond of![/B]"

Illyria laughed at Celesta's stern look. "[B]No need to look at me like that dear sister. It's your fault for playing this game in the manner that you have, you could have easily chosen a different path.[/B]"

"[B]I am well aware that life for the mortal souls is not eternal Illyria, if you really think I play this so that I can grant eternal life to others, you are sadly mistaken.[/B]" Celesta said with a hint of steel in her voice.

Illyria sighed, "[B]Oh you're such a serious bore Celesta, unlike my love Bellanna. Perhaps she should have given you that passion power of hers! You could certainly use it to thaw that cold heart of yours.[/B]"

Celesta turned her back on Illyria, watching the souls in the pool as she made ready to make her move. Even if she did not like it, she would do what was necessary to win this game of Paraxis's.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ira.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-farah.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Ira had barely gotten back up when she heard a loud roar coming from the surrounding jungle. Both her and Farah looked at each other and turned as one to run back towards the city, away from whatever was coming their direction. It must have been massive from the sounds of the crashing among the branches and trees.

If it was not one thing, it was yet another. [I]Why? Why did I end up in this place?[/I] Farah wondered if she ran. She knew nothing of such places as this jungle and with the way the other woman had instantly taken off she had done the same. Farah did not want to become some creatures dinner. But as the sounds of the crashing got louder, her fear that they would not escape became more certain.

But then as if in slow motion Farah saw the other woman stumble and without thinking she reached out to grab her arm to steady her, but at the last second she pulled back instead, letting her fall. She knew she should have helped her, but something inside her would not. And other than to notice that she fell into a shallow depression she saw no more.

[I]I was given a second chance right?[/I] Farah thought. [I]I have to be the one to survive. Right? [/I] But even as she thought it, she knew the justification for not helping the other woman was a lie. And yet even knowing this she could not bring herself to stop and go back to help, she just kept running as fast as she could. Farah looked back to see if whatever was in the jungle was still following her, turning her attention away for a crucial moment. She turned back just in time to scream in fear as she found herself running over the edge of a sharp drop off. It seemed like she fell for an eternity before darkness claimed her when she hit the ground with a heavy thud.

Ira hit the ground hard when she stumbled and then she froze as she heard what was coming through the jungle slow. Her heart pounding in fear she could do nothing but lay there terror stricken. But then the sound of a scream echoed through the trees and whatever was there took off, leaping over her prone body in the direction of the sound. [I]Was that Farah? Was there more than one creature? [/I]

She didn't want to find out, with a sob Ira got up and started running again, a few minutes later she came to another part of the sharp drop off. In the distance she could see the city she had been in earlier, but to the right and down a bit she could see what looked like a creature from ancient myths. A saber toothed tiger. [I]Those things really exist? [/I] But what horrified her the most was Farah's still body, her neck clearly broken from the fall.

Ira carefully moved away and then found another path leading to the city, running there as fast as she could. It wasn't until she was back there and inside one of the buildings that she finally sat down, out of breath and too afraid to move. She wanted to feel bad for the woman she had met, but all she could do was feel glad that it wasn't her who had died. But that too was confusing since she had thought that she was dead. [I]Where am I? I should have never left the young man.[/I] Ira thought as she finally got enough courage to get up and look through the building she was in.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-farah.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Things were starting to move swiftly, the game that had seemed so slow, so tranquil had erupted in senseless violence. But there was no stopping it now and as Celesta and Illyria bickered among themselves Bellanna turned her attention to the pool, carefully watching the souls that remained. Tuning out the others who were also watching not only the pool but the other gods for any signs of weakness now that some of the mortal souls were dead.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-joe.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Cho Hee heard the crashing in the trees, and then the horrible screams of what had to be Reiko, but before she could move to go and look for her, movement caught her vision as two figures emerged from the trees. One an aged black man, the other an older woman who to her horror she realized was afflicted by flesh that was rotting. Frightened Cho Hee just stood there, uncertain as to what to do.

?[B]You?d best be moving miss, some creature got a hold of a youngling back there. It?s likely to look for more once it?s done.[/B]? He said in his gruff voice.

[I]Reiko? It?s my fault, if I had not used this power she would not be dead.[/I] But then she stopped as she realized that the power the woman had given her, for the moment had subsided. [I]How did this happen? [/I]Was it because one was a man and the other a woman who in her current state was anything but attractive?

?[B]There?s a city if you follow this road.[/B]? Cho Hee explained. And then she turned and began to walk back there herself. There was nowhere to go and with out Reiko, she couldn?t go alone. Even the company of the older man and woman was preferable to being all alone.[I] I?m so pathetic.[/I] She thought.

The others kept pace with Cho, even though she was too tired to walk very fast, the man was named Joe, the woman Marta, though as she looked at her and the way her flesh was rotting, she wondered if she was even human. It was close to midday when they finally reached the city, still just as abandoned or rather appearing to be abandoned as before.

Cho was sure that the group she had first met was probably still there. Not that she cared. Cho had no interest in men or little children. Even loneliness was preferable to the company of horrid little children. It had sickened her the way Kirima had clung to her in the brief time she had been with her.

Cho was wondering what to do when the other two immediately went into one of the buildings to find a place to rest, blindly she followed them, not caring where she was at the moment. Not even caring enough to wonder why the city was abandoned or to answer the others questions. Instead as she sat there in the main room of one of the buildings, drinking some water that she had gotten from the kitchen, Cho wondered what was going to happen next.

Though Marta was glad to finally be back in a city instead of the strange forest she had found herself in, it troubled her that the place was empty. If no one was here, then how was she ever going to find her way back home? And what the pale boy with no eyes had done to her? She looked at her body, shuddering in revulsion at how her flesh was rotting.[I] If I am to be in this state, I?d rather be dead. [/I]And yet somehow, she knew that even if she tried to kill herself, it would not work. Or would it? She was sorely tempted to find the tallest building and toss herself from it. After what she had done? She did not deserve to live.

[I]What have I gotten myself into?[/I] Joe wondered. Though the woman Marta seemed reasonable enough he could sense that she housed a dark secret, beyond whatever had caused her flesh to start rotting. Joe had thought that he had lived a good life, but the longer he was in this strange place, the more he began to wonder if he was in hell. All the times he had been thoughtless, or been unkind was running through his mind. Making him wonder if he had brought it upon himself, being brought to this place, for he could think of other way to have gotten here except by the power of God. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[indent][size=1]“[b]Two cards placed onto a single soul?[/b]” Telumas mused, “[b]Someone is setting a trap.[/b]”

Illyria laughed.

“[b]It would appear Jachym’s strategies are as transparent as the seas,[/b]” she added.

Jachym shrugged off this criticism, and kept his gaze towards the pool.

“[b]You will regret those words when I win, brothers,[/b]” he replied, “[b]The surface water may seem clear, but the deeper one dives the darker the ocean becomes.[/b]”

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ira.jpg[/img][/center]
Charlotte awoke to the sound of a frightened, female voice. Her nose was broken, and her eyes red. Never before had she been so pained, so hurt.

“[b]Miss... are you okay?[/b]”

A beautiful dark haired stranger helped Charlotte to her feet slowly. Although the two had never met before, Charlotte knew there was no reason to be afraid of her. The beautiful woman handed Charlotte a wet washcloth to wipe the blood from her face.

“[b]I… I think… I’m fine, thank you,[/b]” the young noblewoman said as she cleaned herself, “[b]My name is Charlotte. Who are you?[/b]”

“[b]My name is Ira Petrov. I entered the hotel looking for something to eat, and I found the two of you here.[/b]”

“[b]Two? Oh lord, Kenneth..![/b]”

Charlotte looked around the room, and saw the young man’s limp body hiding behind the doorway. She instantly burst into tears, clutching onto the stranger tightly.

“[b]Who did this to you?[/b]” Ira asked.

“[b]I.. I have no idea. He was an awful man, I don’t think Kenneth knew him, either.[/b]”

“[b]I'm so sorry. I also just lost a friend to this awful place.[/b]”

“[b]I wonder if this is Hell,[/b]" she replied, "[b]But he was an honorable, why would he be here? Lord, who would do this to him?[/b]”

Ira wrapped her arms around Charlotte, trying to calm her down.

“[b]I’m afaid I don’t know, but we need to get out of here. I think I heard footsteps earlier.[/b]”

The young woman eye’s widened, “[b]He’s still here then. What are we going to do?[/b]”

Ira motioned towards the hallway.

“[b]Follow me. I’m not going to let anyone hurt you.[/b]”

Charlotte nodded.

“[b]Right. Thank you.[/b]”

“[b]Are you able to walk?[/b]”

“[b]Yes, yes. I think I'll be okay.[/b]”

Ira poked her head around the corner, looking for the murderer. He was nowhere to be seen. Charlotte pulled a handkerchief from her pocket, and wiped the tears from her eyes. She slowly walked over to Kenneth’s cold body, and kissed him softly on the cheek.

“[b]You were only trying to protect us... I‘m so sorry, my handsome American.[/b]”

She picked up Kenneth’s camera, broken across the floor during the fight, and placed it back into its’ case. Ira grabbed the young woman’s hand and they began heading down the long hallway. Little did they realize that they were already being followed.[/size][/indent]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Treisleilai just chuckled to herself, so many of the gods were now scrambling and changing their tactics. With the exception of Jachym, only a handful of deaths and already the panic had set in. Didn?t the poor fools know? No matter how hard you tried, no matter who won. Sin would never die. It was time to prove her point. And she couldn?t help but smile at how Jachym, of all the Gods had made her next move that much easier. Not that his own move wasn?t clever, she was merely going to use it for herself.

The others thought her bloodlust was limited to just when the soul was awake, but she knew better, and now that the one who had it was sleeping, it would manifest itself in a different manner. She smiled at the thought of what was about to happen next.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ira.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-christopher.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Ira and Charlotte had barely left the hotel when the ground began to shake, a deep rumbling sound began and then later erupted into a roar.[I] No![/I] Ira screamed in her mind. [I]Not again! I can?t die again![/I] She could see the image of what had happened in her mind, the shaking and sounds of things falling, the memory of the screams of those who had died when crushed came back to her as she remembered more of what had happened. She forgot that she had just promised the woman Charlotte that she wouldn?t let anything happen to her. Pure fear took over and she ran as fast as she could, stumbling as the ground shook and at one point she was thrown by an upheaval into the air only to land hard on the ground again.

Ira heard Charlottes cries for help as the pregnant woman called to her, but Ira was beyond hearing, lost in the memory of her own death and the screams of her co-workers who had died with her. [I]I don?t understand! Why now? I thought I was given a second chance! [/I]Vaguely she remembered Charlotte and a quick look showed the poor woman struggling to stay afoot, but Ira was too terrified to move, even when another woman exited the hotel and ran past Charlotte. Also ignoring her pleas for help.

Naomi was beyond confused. First she had found herself in this insane place along with someone named Reiko, Kenneth and Charlotte. But then Charlotte had cruelly turned her back on Reiko. She had not missed the exchange where Charlotte had been so ugly to her. After what had happened with her ex boyfriend before she had found herself in this place, Naomi had been exhausted. She decided that what was going on was not her concern, after all she didn?t even know Reiko so it wasn?t like she was obliged to help her in any manner. So she had found herself a comfy room, taken a nice hot bath to soak and ease the bruises she had gotten when her ex boyfriend had hit her and then later she had simply gone asleep.

She had been far more tired than she thought since it was much later into the morning when she woke up. Naomi had gotten up, intending to go and get something to eat when she saw Charlotte and a woman she had never seen before leaving. She had followed them, intending to see what was going on when right before she got to the entrance of the hotel an earthquake had started. Not wishing to be crushed she had ran outside. The other woman was running off on her own while the stuck up Charlotte was struggling to stay standing up.

?[B]Naomi![/B]? Charlotte implored. ?[B]Please help me.[/B]? She reached out with her hand and grabbed her tunic.

Angry, Naomi shoved her away. ?[B]Why should I help you? After what you said to Reiko you don?t deserve any help.[/B]? She ignored Charlottes look of surprise and tears and then took off, doing her best to dodge the bits of the buildings that were crashing to the ground.

Furious, Charlotte stomped her feet on the shaking ground as best as she could. [I]Damn heathens![/I] ?[B]May both of you rot in hell![/B]? She screamed as the shaking increased and she fell backwards to land hard on her rear. And then to her horror the ground split in front of her as a huge geyser of water spouted high into the air. The water came crashing down and only the overhang of the hotel entrance kept Charlotte from being dragged away.

Ira saw the water erupting in front of Charlotte and still she could not bring herself to move to help her. As if in slow motion she saw it coming towards her as the ground was a bit lower where she was. Though it couldn?t have been more than knee high, the fast pace of the water still swept her off her feet and dragged her down the street until her head slammed painfully into stone column that was part of another building. Ira struggled to get back up only to be swept away again and this time the water slammed her into the next column, breaking her left arm, causing her to scream in pain.

Then in a final rush, the geyser spouted even higher before dying suddenly and then the rumbling came to a stop. But Ira as she saw the final wall of water approaching, a little bit higher than before, tried to get to higher ground, moving through the water as quickly as she could while trying to maintain her balance. She was just to the point where she could climb up the stairs of the building she was in front of when a large crack sounded, startled, she turned just in time to see one of the columns come crashing towards her, but it was too late. Instantly she was crushed by the massive marble column.

The city was silent once more as the rumbling stopped and the water receded. And further off in one of the homes of the city, a man, tormented by dreams of desire, shuddered and woke up, only long enough to realize that the shaking he had felt, seemed to only be in his dream. Christopher did not understand why he suddenly felt even more exhausted. With a mental shrug he curled back up and went back to sleep.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ira.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

If there was one thing he was certain of, once he won this game of Paraxis?s, never again would mortal souls be inflicted by having power they were not meant to wield given to them. Just seeing what had happened since one of the souls had been bestowed two cards was proof enough. Raone just shook his head sadly at the madness and carnage that had begun, at the sheer cruelty that had occurred as a result of the powers that had been given.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ian.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-nagi.png[/IMG] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charlotte.jpg[/img][/CENTER]
Once they had eaten some breakfast, and carefully washed and cleaned up everything once they were done, Ian, Patrick and Kirima left to explore the city. Ian had carefully armed himself with the best knifes he could find and then holding Kirima?s hand they wandered through the streets. There wasn?t much to be found, the market was still full of food, that seemed every bit as fresh as it had the day before and Patrick though a bit reserved at first, told them more about himself and his family. About his poor mother who was ill and how they struggled to make ends meet.

Kirima thanks to the herbs that Patrick had used , could, though quietly, speak. She was following in her mother?s footsteps, training to be a shrine maiden in the service of the temple. But then after nearly burning to death had found herself all alone until Cho Hee had found her.

As they continued to search, finding no one, when it came time for Ian to speak, he choked on the memory of his dearest son Joshua, killed at his own hands. As he looked at the two children he was with, he could not bear to tell them what had happened. Nor could he let anything happen to them so long as he was able to protect them. The man who had attacked Kirima was still around.

It was several hours later when the rumbling began and the ground began to shake. ?[B]Quickly![/B]? Ian called out after several chunks of marble fell from the buildings. ?[B]Get to the center of the street.[/B]?

But as they swiftly ran down the steps of the building they had just been in another sight caught their eyes, a wave of water coming down the street. It was not that high, but Ian recognized the danger immediately. For a little child like Kirima it would be more than enough to sweep her away.

Desperately he moved to grab her as she had gotten to the center of the street before he did, patiently standing there, not realizing the danger she was in. Ian had taken no more than a few steps when Patrick, who was closer quickly picked her up and then ran towards Ian. He was almost to the safety of the higher up steps when the water hit, knocking him and Kirima over.

Ian grabbed Kirima?s clothing and pulled her to safety and then turned back to Patrick who was struggling to get back up after having been washed down the street a bit. With Kirima right behind him they ran along the steps just above the water and then when they got closer Ian waded in just far enough to take Patrick?s hand and pull him to safety as well.

The three of them did their best to avoid the falling debris until just as suddenly as it had started, the earthquake ended. Then with a final surge, the water also died. After waiting for several minutes, they finally moved out cautiously and started heading in the direction the water had come from.

?[B]Was that an earthquake?[/B]? Kirima asked, her eyes wide.

?[B]Yes.[/B]? Ian replied.

?[B]I?ve heard about them, from my mother.[/B]? Kirima said as they walked up the street, checking out the damage that had been done. She spotted a flash of brown under one of the columns that had fallen over. ?[B]What?s that?[/B]? She asked, pointing to it.

With a start Ian realized that it was a woman who had been crushed by the falling column, swiftly he picked Kirima up, carefully shielding her view of the poor woman. A child should never see such violence. Ian struggled with what to tell the poor girl, from the color of the skin of the woman trapped, it was likely that she was not Kirima?s mother.

?[B]It?s someone who went to heaven,[/B]? Patrick explained being familiar with death. ?[B]Back where I am from, there are those who will come and take her body and lay it to rest.[/B]?

?[B]Oh![/B]? Kirima said, her eyes going wide. ?[B]Like they did with my daddy then.[/B]?

Ian smiled kindly and put Kirima back down as they approached what seemed to be a massive hole in the street as well as another exotically dressed woman who was sitting in front of the building there, sobbing as if her heart was breaking.

?[B]Please wait here with Patrick, alright?[/B]? Ian waited until Kirima nodded and then cautiously he went up to the woman who was crying.

But now she must have seen them, but even though she seemed like she was nothing more than an expecting mother wearing clothing fit for a noble, Ian no longer trusted this place. He couldn?t afford to trust, not with the lives of the two children at stake.

A thought occurred to him and he seized upon it. Reaching for the light he had felt earlier, swiftly it responded, inquiring within his soul as to what he wished to know. Ian answered it, he needed to know if the unknown woman was dangerous. An image, one from his childhood flashed before his eyes and he knew that the light was demanding it in return. Without reservation, he accepted. As the memory faded, another one took it?s place, one of a little girl, forced into being a noble, taken for granted, left to a life of loneliness. Proud, haughty, and even cruel, and yet underneath it at her very core, a depth of kindness that she kept carefully hidden away.

His question answered, Ian approached her, offering his hand. ?[B]Are you alright miss?[/B]?

Startled Charlotte looked up. ?[B]No! I?m not! First poor Kenneth was murdered and then Ira ran away and was crushed by the pillar and now?[/B]? She cried even harder. ?[B]I don?t know what to do anymore. I just want to go back home![/B]?

Patiently Ian got down on his knees, reaching out to take her hands. ?[B]That?s what we want as well.[/B]? He indicated Patrick and Kirima who were waiting.

?[B]Oh! You poor thing![/B]? Charlotte said to Kirima. ?[B]Where?s your mother.[/B]? She moved to get up, accepting Ian?s help.

?[B]I don?t know.[/B]? Kirima said shyly. ?[B]We?re trying to find out.[/B]?

Charlotte looked at all of them and made up her mind. ?[B]I?m Charlotte, and if you don?t mind, I?d like to come with you.[/B]?

[SIZE="1"][COLOR=#3D597E][B]"Is something bothering you, sister?"[/B] Raone spoke, his gold eyes examining every muscle in her body. [B]"You look troubled."[/B] And of course, Telumas was a fool for thinking she could possibly hide it from him. The others were clueless, but the bond they shared only magnified his power of truth for her.

All of the others turned to her, surprised by Raone's comment. Perhaps they suspected a bluff or one of the goddess' traps gone awry. But if Raone knew the truth, there was no sense in hiding.

[B]"It only pains me to see the mortals die so brutally."[/B] she said. Some rolled their eyes and turned back to the pool, but Celesta continued to stare with an awe-struck look in her eyes.

[B]"Don't act so surprised,"[/B] she spoke to the goddess, [B]"Just because I beleive in killing for sport and survival. I would never condone the murder of innocents. If I were granted, this Christopher fellow would have already met an arrow between the eyes."[/B][/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charles.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jamie.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Charles had run as long as he possibly could. His legs were tired, but no more than when he was forced to work out in the field. Finally he came to a stop and sat to rest next to a tree.
[I]"What have I done?"[/I] Charles own anger was increasing as he deliberated. He thought about how Ash had saved him. How he couldn't possibly have meant any harm. How he had foolishly left that boy alone to fend for himself against the other man.
[I]just because he's white doesn't mean he's a slave-owner. I need to go back and help. I still own him.[/I]

And so he turned back, headed for where he thought the collision with Ash had occured.

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

Jamie had awoken late in the morning to find that had gone in the middle of the night. [B]"Shit. I can't even keep them when I'm not trying to sleep with them."[/B] He cursed himself for not being more awake the night before. Maybe he could have stopped her from leaving, because now he was all alone again.

After finding any remains that Ira had left behind, he packed a bag and headed out. Jamie decided that the forest was his best option out of this hell hole. Because as he knew it, the city was abandoned and the only other two girls he'd met had abandoned him.

Not ten minutes after leaving his house, he came across someone. From a distance, he could only tell that it wasn't the crazy burka woman and that was all he cared about. The figure was lying on the ground, seemingly unconscious. As Jamie got closer, he noticed that it was rather young boy and looked like he had just been mugged. Having experience as a bartender in the bad part of town, and thus experience with mugging, Jamie leaned over the boy to check his pulse...

Jamie sighed with relief; the boy was alive, but it wouldn't be for long. Looking at his hand, and the strange injury that had healed since the day before, Jamie touched the young man lying on the ground.

[B]"Get away from him!"[/B] Charles screamed as he emerged from the deeper parts of the forest. He had anger in his eyes, and Jamie backed up from the boy.

[B]"Ash? Can you hear me? Wake up."[/B] He called, but Ash did not even move. He turned to the bartender. [B]"What did you do?"[/B] Protection of Ash was the only thing on his mind

[B]"Nothing! I found him like this. I was trying to help."[/B] Jamie proclaimed his innocence, but somehow saw that the black man did not believe him. His mind seemed to be on revenge.

[B]"You're lying!"[/B] he screamed.

[B]"No. I can prove it to you."[/B]

[B]"Why should I beleive you? A white man?"[/B]

Jamie found it odd that Charles would find him racist. Not that this man knew him, but surely he couldn't just think he was racist because of his skin color.

[B]"Just trust me."[/B]

Trust. Charles found the word odd, but when he thought about it, and thought about his grandfather's kind words, he realized that this man's eyes did not lie. [I]How strange to find a place with two white men who do not judge me.[/I]

Charles backed away and let Jamie resume his position beside Ash. The slave was confused at what he saw. One second, the man was touching Ash's ribs and forhead, then there was some kind of warmth in the air around them. The next second, Ash was sitting straight up, as if he'd been given a second chance and the other man gripped his ribs and fell to the ground.

Both men ran quickly to Jamie's side, worried for his life, and confused about the obvious miracle performed by a complete stranger. Jamie was still awake, but only barely.

[B]"What's going on?"[/B] Ash spoke in a raspy voice. [B]"Why am I alive?"[/B]

[B]"This man saved you and don't ask how."[/B] Charles was too scared to make a move. He didn't know what to do. Why would this stranger make such a sacrifice for someone he didn't even know? He kept saying, [B]"I'm sorry,"[/B] over and over. He was sorry for leaving Ash. Sorry for yelling at the man and for not trusting him.

[B]"Charles, it's okay. Run and see if you can find something to help this man."[/B] Ash spoke in a voice commanding authority, but the demand was needed or else Charles never would have left. When he was gone, he and Jamie locked eyes. [B]"Thanks for saving me. I owe you big time."[/B]

The bartender moved his lips and mouthed 'No big deal' before clenching his eyes in pain. It hurt to breath, but the thought of even moving almost put him into unconsciousness.

[B]"Don't try to talk. Charles is going to go get something to help you. You just need to stay with me."[/B] But it was no use, Jamie slipped into unconsciousness.

Meanwhile, Charles was running again. Only this time he was headed back into town. He didn't know what he was lookig for, but he knew that all he wanted to help this man. He hoped that finding medicine would be rather easy and at the moment, he pushed all other thoughts of revenge and anger out of his mind.[/SIZE]

"[B]Telumas, if I were granted, this senseless game would not even be occurring. And no God would be interfering with the mortal souls, not even myself.[/B]" Celesta explained, ignoring Telumas?s equally as surprised look.

?[B]You implied earlier that I would deny the hunt, that my motives for being here were unknown. If you were truly observant you would have understood that I entered to give the souls their lives back , to put an end to the interference. Even for those who hunt, since all are a part of the cycle of life itself.[/B]?

Celesta shook her head sadly, ?[B]Would you really be any better Telumas? Or would you favor those capable of the hunt instead of cherishing all life? You said it yourself, you believe in killing for sport. Where do you draw the line? For those you would kill in sport, if such death is not needed for survival, it is no different than the murder of innocents.[/B]? Celesta admonished her.

Celesta herself would have liked to see the mortal Christopher dealt with and yet at the same time the only thing she would do if she had the power, was to take away the terrible powers that had been bestowed to him. It was clear that they were driving him into madness.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charles.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Naomi was tired, even though she had gotten some rest, the bruises from the fight with her ex-boyfriend the other day, were still quite sore. And now, thanks to what had happened earlier she had been separated from the others. Though she had chosen to leave on her on. But she was curious as to what had happened to Reiko and Kenneth. She was thinking about heading back to the hotel to see if the others were still there when the sound of running footsteps could be heard. Naomi turned to see what it was, just as a young man came running into the city from the outside.

[I]Great. Just what I don?t need. [/I]She thought bitterly. [I]Another man[/I]. Naomi had reached the point where she was tired of guys. Ever since she entered High School she had quickly learned that guys had two things on their minds, food and sex. Or perhaps that was three things, food, sex and the expectancy that any woman they were with was suppose to literally serve them. After her last violent ex-boyfriend she had given up on dating. It just wasn?t worth it. Naomi considered hiding, but the man had already seen her. Coming to a halt a short distance from her.

?[B]Miss! I need medicine! Do you know where I can find some?[/B]?

Naomi sighed. ?[B]Do I look like a nurse?[/B]? She gestured to the empty city. ?[B]In case you haven?t noticed, the city is pretty much empty, I haven?t a clue if there?s even a hospital let alone any medicine.[/B]?

?[B]Do you know how to treat injuries?[/B]? He asked hopefully.

?[B]Gods, are you deaf? I just said that I?m not a nurse. Who the hell are you anyway? And were are you from? What year?[/B]? Naomi asked. Wondering if he was like Kenneth and Charlotte, from a different time since his clothing was so plainly made.

?[B]Charles miss, I can?t read miss. But my granddad said something about it being 1854, and the plantation I was on is in Charleston, South Carolina.[/B]" Charles answered her, uncertain as to what to do.

[I]Well, well, welll.[/I] Naomi thought she smiled inwardly a bit. ?[B]In other words you?re a runaway slave![/B]?

?[B]No miss! I didn?t run away, I found myself here! Ash removed the chains. Please! I would never run away.[/B]?

?[B]Is Ash your master?[/B]? Naomi smirked at Charles?s terrified look. ?[B]Just what I thought. Some kind of slave you are. You do realize that setting a slave free will get Ash in a lot of trouble. Have you no shame?[/B]?

?[B]But? I? Please miss! It?s not his fault![/B]?

?[B]Of course not,[/B]? Naomi snapped. ?[B]It?s your fault.[/B]?

?[B]Please miss, Jamie is hurt I need to find medicine for him.[/B]? Charles pleaded.

?[B]Oh is he? Too bad. Men are scum Charles,[/B]? Naomi pointed to her cheek. ?[B]Do you see this? I got this from a man who acted like he owned me.[/B]? She ignored Charles? pained look as she opened up her shirt to show him the deep bruise on her left breast where her ex had hit her. ?[B]I got this as well. As far as I?m concerned, this Jamie can rot and go to hell.[/B]?

Charles squirmed uncomfortably, what she said was true, other than Ash and Jamie, every white man he had ever met was cruel and vicious, often taking pleasure in inflicting punishment on slaves who weren?t doing their jobs good enough. Even if they were doing the very best they could.

?[B]I?m going to make you a deal Charles, you?re going to do as I tell you and in exchange I won?t hand you over to your master. Unless you?d rather I simply hand you over right now.[/B]? Naomi smirked at him again.

?[B]But?[/B]? Charles started to protest.

?[B]Fine! Be that way, though remember, this Jamie as well as Ash will be punished as well for helping you. I on the other hand come from a country where there are no slaves and could speak to your master on your behalf.[/B]? Not that she really would, given his freedom, she figured that Charles would be like any man. Abusive and demanding. Naomi wasn?t even sure why she was bullying him into doing what she told him to do. She wouldn't deny that it felt good to finally be the one giving the orders instead of the other way around though.

?[B]I understand miss.[/B]? Charles looked down. ?[B]What did you want me to do?[/B]?

?[B]For starters you can carry this.?[/B] Naomi tossed her backpack at him. ?[B]Then once we find a better place to rest we?ll go from there.[/B]?

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Treisleilai ignored the others, she was too busy planning her next move. Though the removal of one of the souls had been done, she had not advanced her position beyond the death of the soul, and even that was not guaranteed. Since some of them had manipulated the souls in a manner to earn the right to reverse death. Let the others squabble among themselves for now, she would focus on advancing her position in the game.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-joe.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
"[B]I think you've had enough Marta,[/B]" Joe said as he attempted to take the bottle of liquor from her.

"[B]I'll tell you when I've had enough![/B]" Marta growled, her speech slurred. She attempted to toss the nearly empty bottle at Joe, but her coordination was not what it should be and the bottle hit the wall and with a clatter fell to the floor, spilling what was left on to the rich rug on the floor.

"[B]Marta,[/B]" Joe said in a pained voice. "[B]We'll find a way to undo what happened to you.[/B]" Though how they would manage to reverse Marta's current condition of her flesh rotting he didn't have a clue.

"[B]Don't lie to me.[/B]" Marta cried, standing up to go and look for another bottle in the kitchen. If only she hadn't killed. Over the years she had convinced herself that it was an act of rage, of passion. But now she was no longer sure.

"[B]Marta,[/B]" Joe got up from the table they had been sitting at to stand between her and the entrance to the kitchen. "[B]Don't do this, think about your family back home.[/B]"

"[B]My family?[/B]" Marta laughed. "[B]My husband was nothing more than a cheat! Sleeping with other women who were younger and more beautiful than I am.[/B]" She laughed even more hysterically, "[B]I took care of that though. He'll never cheat on anyone again.[/B]"

Joe flinched at her words, surely she wasn't saying...

"[B]That's right.[/B]" Marta said to his unspoken look. "[B]I killed him. When I found him in bed with someone else when I came home, I lost it. The next thing I knew I was standing over his lifeless body, holding this.[/B]" She pulled out the bloody knife that she had grabbed when she first came to this place.

"[B]You mean...[/B]" Joe started to say, his eyes going wide at the thought.

"[B]That's right, and unless you get the hell out of my way, you'll be next![/B]" Marta declared angrily. "[B]Now move![/B]" She brandished the knife in front of her and then put it away when Joe moved out of the way.

"[B]Let it alone Joe,[/B]" Cho said with disgust. "[B]Let the fool continue to get wasted. If we're lucky she'll pass out and never wake up.[/B]"

"[B]Miss Hee![/B]" Joe protested.

"[B]Just shut up Joe! You're pointless attempts to be positive are annoying.[/B]" Cho Hee sighed. "[B]You heard her, she's a murderer! Even if her husband was cheating on her, that was no reason to kill him.[/B]" Cho stood up, glancing at Marta who was in the kitchen, muttering to herself as she looked for something else to drown her sorrows in.

"[B]Frankly, I'm sick of this, sick of people who's lives are a mess and stupid fools like yourself who always attempt to be positive even when it's a lie.[/B]" Hee glared at Joe. "[B]You can't help her and you know it. You make me sick.[/B]"

Cho ignored Joe's pained look and left the dining area. Pausing only long enough to say one more thing before she walked out the door. "[B]In fact, both of you make me sick.[/B]" She opened the front door to leave and then jumped and turned back when a bottle shattered next to the door.

"[B]We don't want you here either little miss perfect![/B]" Marta screamed at her as she moved to strike Cho.

"[B]Marta! No![/B]" Joe cried out, moving to stop her.

But Marta was too drunk to understand what he was doing, lashing out with the knife she had, slashing Joe across the chest. And though the cut was not deep it still hurt, causing him to stagger backwards.

"[B]That's right, blame everyone, even hurt the poor fool who actually feels sorry for you.[/B]" Hee taunted. "[B]Go ahead! Kill me as well! Prove that the truly crazy one was you and not your ex husband.[/B]"

"[B]But...[/B]" Marta looked at the knife and then at Joe who was clutching his chest where she had cut him. Without a word she fainted on the spot.

"[B]Pathetic,"[/B] Cho said before she turned and left the two for good.[I] I'd rather be alone than with those two fools[/I] she thought as she went to explore the city.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Jachym toyed with the power he had been granted, deciding if now was the time to use it or if it would be better to wait a bit first. At this point, it was possible that three of the other Gods had the ability to counter it. Just enough to make determining who did what a tiny bit harder. He could tell that the others were just waiting, watching to see what he would do next. With a smile, he turned his attention back to the souls within the Ragnarok.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jamie.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Cho Hee, took her leave of the house that her and Joe and Marta had come to. It hadn?t been too bad, at least not until the fool Marta had gotten herself drunk, and to find out that she had murdered her husband in a fit of jealousy? Cho just shook her head, still disgusted by what she had seen.

She began to wander though the city, since Cho had no interest in leaving, not after what had happened to poor Reiko. A thought that just thinking about it made her sick. Still as she came around the corner of one of the buildings and saw one man kneeling next to another one, Cho tried to turn and leave but almost instantly the one kneeling turned at the sound of her footsteps.

?[B]Hey![/B]? He called out. ?[B]Can you help me here?[/B]?

It was with trepidation that Cho actually approached the young man and the other one lying on the street. She still couldn?t control the power given to her and the very last thing she wanted was to have two men bothering her. [I]I should leave, [/I]she thought as she hesitantly stood next to the young man on the ground who was coming around. He looked okay to her.

?[B]He looks fine to me,[/B]? Cho said indifferently as she started to move to continue on her way.

?[B]What?s the matter with you?[/B]? Ash said incredulously as he stood up and walked over angrily towards Cho Hee, grabbing her arm and forcing her to stop. ?[B]How could you leave someone lying on the street like that?[/B]?

?[B]Let go of me,[/B]? Cho said in a cold voice.

?[B]It?s all right,[/B]? Jamie said, even as he slowly started to sit up. ?[B]I?m fine.[/B]?

Shocked Ash turned to see Jamie start to get up. ?[B]But?[/B]?

Jamie shrugged, ?[B]I can?t explain it either, you?d have to ask the woman who gave me the ability to heal. All I know is that I seem to take on the other person?s injuries and then the power heals them. Though it takes time it seems.[/B]? Jamie finished standing up.

Cho tugged furiously, pulling her arm free. ?[B]I told you he looked fine.[/B]? She growled, disgusted at how a mere touch had made her want to scream. Nothing like Reiko, who even though she had used the power the strange woman had given her? Just remembering that night was enough to make her shudder in both revulsion over the sin of being with another woman as well as with desire for how caught up she had been in the moment. [I]What?s the matter with me?[/I]

?[B]I can?t believe you.[/B]? Jamie said in disgust. ?[B]How could you just grab a woman like that. What the hell is the matter with you?[/B]?

?[B]What?[/B]? Ash was surprised. ?[B]She was going to just leave you there to die![/B]?

?[B]Don?t play dumb,?[/B] Jamie snarled, ?[B]I heard her say I looked fine, perhaps it?s you who needs your eyes checked since it?s obvious someone attacked you in the first place. I mean what kind of guy is willing to let a beautiful woman like that run around all by herself? What if the person who mugged you attacked her as well?[/B]?

[I]Beautiful? [/I]Cho Hee took a step back. [I]No! Please tell me that I heard wrong! I don?t like men. [/I]She tried to search her own feelings to see if that same fire she had felt before was present, but her own feelings were in too much turmoil for her to tell. [I]Oh Gods, no! I have to get out of here![/I] With a strangled cry she turned and ran.

?[B]Now look what you?ve done? I should have never helped you.[/B]? Jamie said with a look of disgust towards Ash.

?[B]Hey! Don?t be like that! I really thought you were going to die![/B]? Ash protested.

Jamie just shook his head and took off after Cho.[I] I can?t let her roam alone! [/I]Whoever roughed up Ash would have no qualms about hurting the woman, and for reasons he couldn?t explain, he felt drawn to her, powerfully so. Even though he had never met her before. [I]It?s a good thing this healing bit fixes me back up,[/I] he thought as he ran.[I] Otherwise I?d never be able to catch her! [/I]Though he was still too out of breathe to be able to call out to her.

Then as he rounded a corner, for a moment he thought he had lost her, until he caught the tiniest bit of movement of a door leading into one of the buildings being shut. Without hesitation he ran up the stairs and into the building, running right into Cho Hee who had only moved a few steps into the living room of what appeared to be a home.

?[B]Whoa!?[/B] Jamie said when she tried to pull away and fell over the edge of the large sofa, he ran around to the other side, quickly grabbing her to help her back up.

The moment he touched her, the feeling of being drawn to her intensified as if he was on fire. It was so powerful that without even thinking about it he was drawing her into his arms, running his hands along her body, while whispering how beautiful she was.

?[B]No, No, NO![/B]? Cho Hee protested as she tried to pull free. ?[B]You don?t understand! I?m not beautiful, you?re being controlled by a power I posses.[/B]? She tried to shove him away but Jamie was much stronger than she was, with her slender and tiny build.

But Jamie was lost, totally enthralled by the power that had been given to Cho. He no longer heard her cries of protest, her tears as he forced her down on the sofa and took her. All he could hear was the siren song of passion calling out to him.

Cho Hee was in turmoil, unable to control her raging feelings, to bring the power she had been given under control. She tried to pull free, tried to tell herself that it was happening to someone else, but in the end, all she could do was cry as the unknown stranger raped her. And wish that she had never been given the strange power by the unknown woman. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][indent]Raone glared at Ilyria, catching the God of Madness by surprise.

“[b]Is something the matter, dear sister?[/b]” Illyria asked.

“[b]It is none of your concern, trickster,[/b] Raone replied, “[b]I look into some of these mortals’ souls and I know they are not the violent, pained people they appear to be. What we are doing to them seems cruel, and against their nature.[/b]”

“[b]And what of the others?[/b]”

“[b]Excuse me?[/b]”

“[b]You said [I]some[/I],[/b] Illyria replied with a mischievous grin, “[b]Surely not all of these mortals are the saints you portray them as.[/b]”

“[b]Yes… the others. When I look into their souls I see a darkness that is all too familiar: greed and scorn, betrayal and evil. There is no love, and no remorse.[/b]"

Raone sighed.

"[b]When I look into their souls I see you, brother.[/b]”

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-naomi.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-charles.jpg[/img][/center]
Naomi and Charles had been walking through the jungle for several hours, but were no closer to reaching their destination than when they began their journey. Both of them were beginning to worry that they were lost, although neither seemed willing to vocalize this concern.

Charles was furious at the young woman; for all he knew Jamie could have died already because he hadn’t been able to find help. He knew that her threat of turning him in was an empty one, but still the fear of being captured again paralyzed him.

“[b]Do you have any idea where we are?[/b]” Naomi said with a sigh, “[b]None of this makes sense at all. We were only following the road…[/b]”

The jungle’s thick, enormous trees had managed to hide the sun, casting a shadow over the land. It was getting dark, and Naomi began to worry. She had seen so many awful things in this place already; no doubt there would be more to follow if they didn’t find shelter.

“[b]I don’t know where we be, Miss Naomi,[/b]” Charles replied as noticed a set of footprints in the ground, “[b]My oh my, look at this.[/b]”

The footprints were enormous, bigger than most of the trees surrounding them, and heading in the direction that they were. Charles had never even heard of a creature so large. He felt a cold chill roll down his backside.

“[b]Damn![/b]” Naomi exclaimed, “[b]It looks like something from a storybook…[/b]”

Suddenly a loud roar could be heard from the distance, startling both Charles and Naomi. She immediately began to panic.

“[b]We need to go back. It sounds like it’s-- oof![/b]”

Naomi took a few steps back before tripping on something in the brush. Charles helped the young woman to her feet, strangely fixated on the ground.

“[b]You’re right, Miss Naomi,[/b]” he said nervously, “[b]We best get back to the city where it’s safe.[/b]”

She reached for her right ankle and cringed in pain.

“[b]Shit. I think I twisted it. What are we going to--?[/b]”

She turned her gaze towards the ground, suddenly realizing what she had stumbled over. The body of a young Asian girl, no older than Naomi, was mangled and strewn across the forest floor. She stared into the eyes of the corpse for a moment, terrified.

“[b]It’s gonna be alright, girl. Just look away. We need to get going.[/b]“

“[b]This is what‘s going to happen to all of us, isn‘t it?[/b]“

Charles reached his arms around Naomi to try to comfort her as she began to kick and scream in terror.

“[b]Miss Naomi![/b]” he held onto her tightly as tears starting flowing from her eyes.

“[b]I’m so sorry, Charles,[/b]” she bawled, “[b]I’m so sorry I brought you here, and now I don’t know if I can walk. We‘re going to die aren‘t we?[/b]”

The young man carried her over to a small clearing off of the road and eased her back onto the ground.

“[b]Hush girl and look at me,[/b]” he replied as he eased her back onto the ground, “[b] Now Let me see your leg.[/b]”

Charles removed his tattered shirt and began ripping it into small bandages. He carefully wrapped up Naomi’s ankle, feeling it for a moment to make sure that nothing was broken. Naomi eventually stopped crying, comforted by the young man’s gentle touch.

“[b]I dun’ think you’re too hurt,[/b] he said, “[b]Just put your arm around me while we walk so things dun’ get worse.[/b]”

The two shared a glance, and Naomi smiled.

“[b]Why… why are you being so nice to me? Why didn‘t you just run away?[/b]”

“[b]My Mama taught me to be good. I‘m not gonna leave you in this forest by yerself.[/b]”

"[b]Then you're a better person than I am, Charles. Let's go.[/b]"

Naomi wrapped her arm around Charles as they both rose to their feet. He said a silent prayer for the dead girl, and they continued their walk towards the city.[/size][/indent]

Once again Celesta was facing a difficult decision. She had to win and yet in order to do so, it required cruelty that she did not enjoy. Unlike Treisleilai who's goal was to bath the world in sin or Illyria with her madness. With an inward sigh she watched the mortal souls, for the moment that would be right.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-joe.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-christopher.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Christopher had been awake for hours, after sleeping for most of the morning and afternoon, well other than a very brief time when he had woken up, thinking that the world was shaking. But it was not and he had been too exhausted and had fallen back asleep. Now as he prowled the city, hunting for signs of where the others were, he began to wonder if they had abandoned the place. The home where the boy and girl and the man who had stabbed him was empty.

Night was approaching and from his vantage point on top of one of the buildings, overlooking the hotel he had been in earlier, he couldn't help but stare at the hole in the street as well as wonder what had caused the damage to the surrounding buildings. Had the shaking he thought he imagined been an earthquake? If so why the hole? From his point of looking down, he couldn't see the bottom.

Then before he could move to head back down, a strange sight greeted him. Christopher saw what appeared to be be flames running down the streets, lighting torches along the homes and yet not damaging them. Fascinated he watched them as they approached and then to his utter surprise, the hole in the street and the damaged and broken pillars of a building down further were restored once the flames passed by.

He was wondering what to do when another light caught his eyes, one further up the street, indicating someone was in the home. With a smile he left the building he was in and headed for the one that seemed to be occupied. If what Christopher felt he could do was real, manipulate water, then he would make sure that foolish one who had attacked him would regret it.

Christopher was more cautious when he entered the building this time, moving as silently as possible. There was no one downstairs but he could hear the faint sound of a mans voice attempting to soothe a female's voice that sounded upset. It sounded like she was sobbing while attempting to talk and failing.Though he didn't care what was being said.

He was about to peek in when suddenly the door opened and he came face to face with an older black man. There was blood on his shirt and it looked like he had bandages wrapped around his chest. Christopher did his best to not groan, man or not, desires or not, he was too damn old and ugly. And the woman on the bed? With her rotting flesh? She was no better, she reminded him uncomfortably of the counselor he had been required to visit.

"[B]Who are you? Are you the owner of this home?[/B]" Joe inquired.

"[B]Who are you?[/B]" Christopher countered. "[B]Where are the others?[/B]" Not that he expected him to tell him since he was sure the others had warned him.

"[B]Miss Hee? She left hours and hours ago.[/B]" Joe explained.

"[B]No you fool! The boy, the girl and the other man![/B]" Christopher snarled impatiently.

"[B]Now look here mister,[/B]" The black man said even as he moved out into the hallway and shut the door. "[B]There's no need to be rude, the only person I know about is Miss Hee and some poor girl who was killed by the animals in the forest.[/B]"

"[B]You're lying.[/B]" Christopher accused him.

"[B]Why in the world would I lie? Now unless this is your home sir, you need to leave.[/B]"

"[B]I think not,[/B]" Christopher said coldly. "[B]I have no use for older burned out men, I think it's time you either fess up or I'll send you to hell.[/B]"

But the older man brushed past him and went back down the stairs instead of answering him. Furious Christopher followed him as he went to the front door and opened it. He turned to Christopher once more.

"[B]Like I said sir, you need to leave.[/B]" He indicated the open door.

"[B]Damn you.[/B]" Christopher howled as he pulled out the knife he had taken from the other home, driven by both the madness of the bloodlust and the power of the Tsunami, he was upon Joe before he could move more than a step sideways.

Christopher pinned him against the wall with his left arm at the neck choking him even as he held the knife up against his lower body. "[B]I'll only ask you this one more time old man.[/B]" He growled. "[B]Where are the others?[/B]"

But Joe couldn't breathe and all that came out was a gurgle as he struggled to get free. In desperation he did the only thing he could think of, even though fighting dirty was something he detested. With the last of his strength Joe grabbed his assailant between the legs and twisted. Wincing as he did so.

With a howl of pain the stranger let go, but not before slashing him viciously across the chest. Joe felt the knife hit what had to be bone before he passed out from the lack of oxygen and the pain.

Never had Christopher felt such pain, once he had slashed the old fool, and he collapsed, it was all he could do to remain upright. The agony coming from what the old fool had done radiated from his groin and outwards, making him feel sick. He staggered sideways and fell, landing hard on one of the plants in the room.

Once again he cried out in pain as the thorns from the plant dug into his flesh and then a horrible burning sensation began to spread from where the thorns had embedded themselves. Alarmed, he managed to sit up enough to quickly pull them out, but it was too late. He could feel what ever had been on them entering his system, it burned harshly.

Christopher did not recognize the plant but still. [I]What kind of fool keeps a poisonous plant in their home?[/I] Slowly he got up, staggering towards the doorway and then finally out into the street. Already he felt faint and dizzy and waves of nausea were making it difficult for him to see straight. He tried to remember if he had seen any medical supplies or even a hospital since he had arrived.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-poisoncard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-christopher.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
This card allows you to poison one soul, making it die automatically after three posts unless one of those posts removes the venom by some mean.

[CENTER]****************[/CENTER]
[B]OOC: [/B]In other words the owner of el sicko dude had better cure him in the next three posts. Even if Christopher is not in the posts in question or even mentioned, once three posts have gone up after this one, he dies. :p

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]?[B]Oh Bellanna my love,[/B]? Illyria said. ?[B]Your passion is anything but love. Tricking the hearts of the mortals instead of bringing out true love.[/B]?

Bellanna looked at Illyria with irritation. ?[B]It?s still more true than the madness that you would inflict.[/B]?

But Illyria just laughed. ?[B]I told you before dear one, yours is a trick of the heart where mine is one of the mind.[/B]?

?[B]Your inability to see otherwise is what I find tiring Illyria.[/B]? Bellanna turned her back on the goddess of madness and looked deep into the pool where the souls were located.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-christopher.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jamie.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Cho Hee was crying, she couldn?t seem to stop. Everything had gone so wrong since she came to this horrible place. First finding herself stuck with a child, then being granted some strange power to influence others. Then losing Reiko and now? She just cried as she lay there on the sofa where the unknown man had taken her.

?[B]What?s the matter miss?[/B]? He asked her, even as he tried to comfort her.

?[B]What?s the matter? You raped me! That?s what?s the matter![/B]" She sobbed.

But Jamie just looked confused. ?[B]I don?t understand, how could I possibly hurt you? I heard something singing to me, telling me how beautiful and wonderful you are.[/B]? He reached up and took her face in his hands. ?[B]I would never hurt you, ever.[/B]?

Cho just stared at him in shock, had he really been so lost in the damn power that he couldn?t hear her pleas for him to stop? [I]Oh Gods, I wish this power had never been given to me. I can?t control it. [/I]She curled up and cried even more.

?[B]Now, don?t do that![/B]? Jamie said, feeling distressed. He picked her up and carried her until he found the bathroom as well as a sunken tub. Thinking a bath would help he fixed the water and gently lowered her into it and then carefully washed her clean. When he was done he helped her get dry and into some of the clothing that was in the home.

With both of them cleaned up he took her into the kitchen and helped her to sit down before heading over to start fixing her something to drink. He took it back and handed it to her.

?[B]Here this will make you feel better.[/B]? Jamie laughed. ?[B]I was working as a bartender before I ended up here, this will take the edge off of any raw feelings, trust me.[/B]?

Too tired to resist, Cho simply took it and downed it in one gulp, ignoring how it burned through her system. Then a few minutes later, just like he said, it did take the edge off of how raw and emotional she felt, and incidentally helped her to tone down the fire of the power within her. Though it was still there, humming at the surface just waiting.

?[B]Could you really not hear me? I told you that I was given some power that makes others like me, but I?m not very good at controlling it.[/B]?

?[B]No power could change how I feel about you?[/B]? Jamie paused as he realized that he didn?t know her name.

?[B]It?s Cho Hee.[/B]? She told him shortly.

?[B]I?m Jamie. Anyway, I can?t explain it, I?ve never felt so strongly about anyone before Cho. You?re the first woman I?ve ever loved. I just can?t see how that could be caused by a power.[/B]? Jamie paused as a thought occurred to him. ?[B]Unless it?s like the power to heal that the strange woman gave me.[/B]?

?[B]She gave you a power too?[/B]? Cho laughed a bit hysterically. ?[B]If only she had kept it to herself.[/B]?

?[B]Why? Do you really think no one could ever love you? Well if you do you?re dead wrong.[/B]? Jamie said forcefully as he reached over and grabbed her hands before she could pull away.

?[B]I told you, I work as a bartender and I?ve seen it all, from the forward vulgar women, to the in-between to the painfully shy and beautiful one?s like yourself. If anyone?s been telling you that you aren?t special, then they're full of it.[/B]?

?[B]How could you possibly tell that? You don?t even know me![/B]?

?[B]You were the one that kept saying the only reason I loved you was because of some power. The way I see it, is that if you weren?t already desirable and beautiful, the power wouldn?t work.[/B]?

Jamie laughed kindly at her bewildered expression. ?[B]See! I told you I was right.[/B]? He raised her hand to his lips and kissed her before letting go.

Cho Hee was confused yet again. With the power being so out of control, she was finding that she didn?t know what she wanted anymore. But before either one of them could decide what else to do, the sound of the front door opening caught their attention and then the loud thud of someone falling to the ground could be heard.

?[B]What the hell?[/B]? Jamie took off towards the main room with Cho right behind him. On the ground was a man who was clearly quite ill.

?[B]Hey![/B]? Jamie said as he knelt next to him. ?[B]What?s the matter?[/B]?

?[B]Poison?[/B]? The man said in a raspy voice. ?[B]I need a broad spectrum antidote.[/B]?

Jamie was going to ask him what he had been poisoned with but the man slipped into unconsciousness before he could ask. [I]Can the healing power help poison? [/I] He wondered.

?[B]Can you help him?[/B]? Cho asked.

?[B]I?m not sure if it will work on poison.[/B]? Jamie said. ?[B]And since it seems to require me to take a persons injury into myself, I?d rather not find out. At least not before I see if this place has anything to treat something like that.[/B]?

?[B]I can help you with that.[/B]? Cho said, feeling strangely lightheaded from the drink and what Jamie had said to her earlier. ?[B]I am a traditional arts teacher, and though it mainly applies to how one would dress, it does include a small section on proper gardening. The kitchen has herbs and such, if there is anything that would work, I would recognize it.[/B]?

?[B]Go and look then, I?ll keep an eye on him while you do so.[/B]?

Cho nodded and left, but when she checked, she didn?t find what she was looking for, discouraged, but unwilling to give up just yet she went further into the storage rooms attached to the kitchen. In the very back was a wall with survival foods, all prepared in the ancient manner. One of them a type of tea that if the ancient legends were true, was said to cure poison and other illnesses.

Quickly she prepared it and then headed back out giving it to Jamie who after shaking the man awake managed to get him to drink it. He was too heavy for him to carry so he simply found a blanket and pillow and made him comfortable on the floor.

Jamie moved to close the door when a strange light in the sky caught his eyes, growing brighter by the moment. He turned to see that Cho had joined him to see what it was, but before either one of them could say a word the light flashed with such brightness that they were forced to close their eyes.

When they both opened them it was to find that they were in a new place instead of the marble city. The man that they had helped was gone.

?[B]What the hell?[/B]? Jamie said as he looked over at Cho who merely shrugged her shoulders. She didn?t know what had happened either.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]"[B]Bellanna,[/B]" Jachym laughed. "[B]It seems that your strategy is full of holes dear sister.[/B]"

"[B]You just tell yourself that Jachym, I for one will not feel any pity when you are swallowed up by the depths of your own seas.[/B]" She replied a bit tartly.

Jachym just laughed even more. "[B]We shall see, in fact, why don't you watch? I think you'll find this next bit rather entertaining.[/B]"

[CENTER]********************************[/CENTER]
Christopher was trying to think clearly, but other than to vaguely remember stumbling into a home to look for something to treat the poison. Then someone getting him to drink something as well as putting a blanket over him and a pillow under his head. Christopher felt like laughing as a wave hysteria hit him. [I]It must be someone else here, the others would not help me.
[/I]
He opened his eyes to see a man and a woman standing just outside the door to the home he had stumbled into. He wanted to move, to say something, but he was too weak. Then as a brilliant light grew stronger in the sky he was finally forced to close his eyes. When he looked again. They were gone and the house he was in seemed to be shrinking.

Alarmed he tried to get up to go outside, but his limbs would not respond, even though whatever they had made him drink seemed to have cleared his mind, his body was still unresponsive and all he could do was manage a crawl. Christopher was almost to the door when the walls closed in enough to trap him. He could do more than cry a weak scream of pain as the walls relentlessly crushed him before everything turned black.

[CENTER]***************************[/CENTER]
Cho and Jamie were standing in what appeared to be nothing more than a white room that stretched endlessly. If not for the touch of their feet on the white ground, it would have seemed as if they were floating in a vast sea of white nothingness. They were wondering what to do when others emerged from the stark plains.

"[B]What happened to the houses?[/B]" A child's voice was saying.

Cho shuddered. "[B]Great, it's that damn kid again. Will I never be rid of children?[/B]"

But before Jamie could even think of a reply to that more people began to show up.

"[B]I wonder what happened to the city Charles?[/B]" An older female voice said.

"[B]I've no idea Miss Naomi.[/B]"

Jamie recognized that voice, it was the black man who had thought he was attacking Ash when he found him lying in the street. One by one the emerged, including an older woman who's flesh was rotting. Disgusted Jamie pulled away, but she seemed unaffected by his reaction.

There were eleven of them total, a fact that surprised Jamie and he wondered what had happened to the Russian woman he had met. But before he could say a word the man with the young child, and older kid and a pregnant woman, came to a halt.

"[B]What is going on here? What do you want?[/B]" He demanded.

"[B]Excuse me?[/B]" Jamie asked, "[B]What in the world are you talking about. I don't want anything, other than to go back home.[/B]"

"[B]Don't lie to me, I know that you have powers beyond an ordinary mortal, as does the woman next to you. And the one who's flesh is rotting, she too is unnaturally tainted. And him?[/B]" He pointed to Charles. "[B]You too have something hovering about you as well.[/B]"

"[B]How would you even know that?[/B]" Jamie gave him a measuring glance, "[B]Unless you too have some ability as well.[/B]"

"[B]Stop squabbling like a bunch of children![/B]" And older raspy voice interupped them. As one they turned to look at an older black man who was struggling to stand up. "[B]We have a bigger problem to worry about, some man attacked me earlier.[/B]" He indicated the blood soaked bandages he had wrapped around his chest.

But the one with the woman and the two children was not so easily swayed and he pulled a set of twin knives free from his clothing. "[B]I think it's best if all of you keep your distance.[/B]"

Ian did his best to still the shaking in his hands as he held the knives in front of him He had already sacrificed yet another memory to the light, but to know more than the knowledge that some of them had been granted a power like he had, and that one of them was a murder, it would tell him no more unless he was willing to give up more memories. Something he was reluctant to do, what if it was his wife? Or the memory of Joshua that he was asked to give up?

"[B]Oh give it a rest![/B]" Marta exclaimed. "[B]We need to figure out what's going on here.[/B]"

"[B]Do that on your own,[/B]" Jamie said, giving Ash a harsh glare. "[B]I won't work with someone who would manhandle a lady.[/B]"

All of them glared at each other, hanging back, unwilling to trust the others. At that precise moment the white began to fade as wherever they were began to fade into existence.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-christopher.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Treisleilai yawned, ignoring the squabbling that was going on.[I] Oh how boring that the one called Christopher is dead. And just when things were getting more interesting. [/I]She stretched and yawned again, even though she really wasn't tired, just bored. She looked at the card of her power that was now once again within her hands.

"[B]What a waste your power is Treisleilai,[/B]" Telumas commented. "[B]It can do nothing but cause death and destruction.[/B]"

But Treisleilai just smiled. "[B]But of course, sin destroys everything, creating the most beautiful and wonderful of sounds of pain, misery, and self-deception. Mortals do not need my help to do that.[/B]"

She smiled mysteriously. "[B]It looks like the next phase of the Ragnarok has begun, I wonder how many souls will fall this time.[/B]" Treisleilai turned and with a well placed toss, put her power back into pool. She watched as her next target was hit by the power of Bloodlust.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-bloodlustcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-jamie.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-chohee.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
One moment Ash was facing the group of people and then in the next whatever had been forming slammed into place, separating him from the others, leaving him with Jamie and the woman he had run into earlier. All around them were solid walls, as they were literally trapped in a square shaped room that was about twenty feet wide, long and high.

Then before he could wonder what to do or how there was light coming in through walls that seemed to be solid, a single door appeared in each wall. And above each door was a different symbol. He didn't recognize it at all. Then as he was turning to see what the others were doing something seemed to hit him. It was more of a feeling really, one that reminded him of all the hours he had spent at the beach house with so many different lovely ladies. Since he had come here, each night had been one of isolation and Ash hated isolation.

He preferred to be in the company of lovely women, dining, talking, watching the sunset, all before spending the night in more amorous affairs. For a moment he was taken aback by the strong feeling of giving into that desire. [I]This is hardly the place or time for this! [/I]Ash thought but the feelings would not be dismissed so easily.

"[B]Why the hell are you still here? I already said I won't work with someone who would manhandle a woman. I suggest you leave.[/B]" Jamie indicated the door behind Ash.

"[B]Why should I leave? Gods, you're such an asshole. If you hadn't helped me earlier I'd knock your lights out.[/B]" Ash said angrily.

"[B]If I had known what a jerk you are, I wouldn't have helped you.[/B]" Jamie said even as he took a step forward and shoved Ash.

"[B]That does it.[/B]" Ash snapped. He moved to hit Jamie in return, but missed when Jamie moved to avoid the blow.

Jamie hadn't been working in a bar all that time with out picking up a few tricks, the moment Ash lashed out he moved to the right and then swiftly punched Ash in the stomach, causing him to double over. He grabbed the front of his shirt and forced him back up before punching him hard in the face, causing Ash to stagger backwards.

"[B]Stop it![/B]" Cho screamed.

But neither one was listening. Ash rushed Jamie, grabbing him around the waist and forcing him backwards at a swift pace until he let go at the last moment and slammed him into the wall. Only to double over in pain when Jamie took advantage of the position to bring his right knee up, hitting him right between the legs.

Ash fell to the ground with a groan, lying on his right side, cringing when he saw Jamie moving to kick him.[I] I don't believe it, first he heals me and now he's beating me up.[/I] But the kick never connected as the woman grabbed his right arm and pulled him away, pleading for him to stop.

"[B]Jamie! That's enough![/B]" She said.

With a grunt of disgust Jamie stopped. "[B]Fine you're not worth my time away.[/B]" He turned and reached out to take the woman's hand. "[B]Shall we go?[/B]" He asked her, even though he didn't wait for a reply. With a tug, he pulled her along and both of them left out one of the doors, leaving Ash still lying on the floor.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Celesta looked at the power she had earned to end yet another life, a power that she truly detested. She would have rather earned the power to grant life, but too many in this game were doing so already. Making the game unbalanced. They did not fool her with their transparent strategy to wait and hope that those who were actively making sure other souls were killed would do them the favor of killing each other off first so they could then simply revive one of their own souls and win.

Celesta knew Paraxis well enough to know that once one of them lost both of their mortal souls, if they waited too long in making their last moves before they were expelled from the game. He would make sure that they would wish they had not delayed. The God of Death had long since lost patience with the other Gods. And those who took his seemingly calm appearance and didn't see the cold and calculating looks on his face were foolish in thinking he would let them attempt to manipulate the game in that fashion.

She studied the mortal souls carefully, weighing just which one would most likely force someone's hand. Decided, she readied her card, carefully ignoring the other Gods as she knew they were watching her carefully. Though it would be simple once she started for them to see just who she would eliminate from the Ragnarok.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-joe.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
When Marta found herself along with Joe suddenly isolated from the others, she just laughed to herself a bit hysterically. The room they were now trapped in couldn't have been larger than fifteen feet in all directions. With no doors to let them out. [I]Now what? Is this crazy place going to leave us here to die? [/I] As if to echo that thought the floor began to vibrate and then separate into sections that were approximately two feet by two feet.

Searing heat could be felt coming up among the cracks between the now sectioned floor and Marta as she looked at her flesh that was rotting even more with each moment, decided she didn't care if she lived anymore. [I]I deserve to die.[/I] She thought in utter despair. [I]I've done nothing but kill and hurt others.[/I]

"[B]Marta,[/B]" Joe tugged on her right sleeve to get her attention. "[B]Look at what's on the wall![/B]" He sounded alarmed through the obvious pain in his voice from his injuries caused by her and the man who had assaulted him earlier.

Dully she looked up and then with eyes wide she hesitantly stepped back a bit. In bright red letters, in an ancient styled text were the words: [I]Only one will leave this room alive, make your choice[/I].

Marta just laughed. "[B]Only one will leave alive? What kind of stupid joke is this?[/B]" She held up her arm that was twisted and ravaged with how her flesh was rotting.

"[B]Do I even look alive? One's flesh does not rot when they are living! I'm already dead![/B]" She said furiously.

"[B]You don't know that Marta.[/B]" Joe tried to say, but she jerked her sleeve free from his grasp, causing Joe to stagger and grimace with pain a bit.

"[B]Shut up old fool. Just shut the hell up! You don't know what brought us here so how could you know if I'm dead or not?[/B]" Marta sighed, turning back to face the wall where the words were. "[B]I can't make a choice. I'm already dead.[/B]"

Underneath the words on the wall numbers appeared and a countdown began, then seconds later underneath the counter more words appeared. [I]If no choice is made, none shall leave alive.[/I]

"[B]Marta,[/B]" Joe said urgently. "[B]We have to do something.[/B]"

"[B]And just what would you suggest?[/B]" Marta extended her arm out to the sides, palms up and bent at the elbows in a gesture of frustration. "[B]How could we possibly make a choice like that? How does this crazy place even decide who's choice to go by? It's obvious that people would not want to be the one to die.[/B]"

"[B]I know, but what if it's telling the truth? That if we do nothing, both of us will die?[/B]" Joe asked her.

Marta and Joe were startled by a scraping noise as one of the tiles dropped downward and vanished from sight. An ominous red glow could be seen along the edges of where the floor section had been. Curious, both of them walked over and looked down. It was a ways down, but the heat and the glow of molten lava was unmistakable.

"[B]Oh hell![/B]" Marta exclaimed. "[B]Even if I am dead, being burned to a crisp can't be good.[/B]" She wanted to scream and cry and yet all she could manage to do was feel numb inside, as if nothing mattered anymore.

"[B]It looks like we really will die if we don't decide.[/B]" Joe observed, even as he looked at the numbers counting down.

Joe clutched the side of his chest carefully, wondering if he should simply jump through the hole, unless he received medical treatment and soon, he would end up dead from an infection or blood loss. He had bandaged himself up as good as he could with a sheet from one of the beds, but even now, he was feeling light headed and dizzy, and the waves of pain only made it worse.

"[B]Like I give a damn.[/B]" Marta said. She looked down at her hands, ignoring the sound of yet another section of the floor falling. [I]I'm already dead[/I], she thought to herself, [I]so why do I want him to die? But more important than that... Why do I feel no guilt over wishing to live when I know I am not alive?[/I] But Joe's expression indicated that her answer was not going to satisfy him.

"[B]Fine, you can die old fool.[/B]" Marta said spitefully. She couldn't seem to help herself. The longer she was in this place the more detached she felt. She couldn't help but wonder if what had caused her flesh to start rotting had caused her to become so cold and unfeeling. And yet even knowing that, she couldn't bring herself to care.

"[B]Marta.[/B]" Joe said sadly.

"[B]What? You expect me to lie? Even if I am dead, I still don't want to die! I don't have this stupid sense of self sacrifice that you have.[/B]" Marta took a few steps backwards, putting distance between her and Joe.

The timer continued and more tiles fell until more than half of them were gone, leaving the room bathed in the reddish glow. Both of them just stared at each other. Was the room waiting on Joe to make a choice too?

Impatient Marta turned to where the countdown could be seen. "[B]What's the hold up? I already gave you a choice! What more do you want?[/B]"

Joe just coughed a bit as a wave of pain hit, dropping to his knees as blackness threatened to overtake him. He looked up to see yet another set of words appear: [I]Understood, choice accepted[/I]. Seconds later, he felt the sections he was on drop and then he was falling towards the lava. [I]I'm sorry Mama, it seems I won't be coming home.[/I]

Marta looked away when the floor beneath Joe dropped, taking him with it. [I]I'm such a selfish monster[/I] she thought. [I]That should have been me. [/I] Then seconds after Joe had hit the lava, a door opened right behind her. Without a word, Marta turned and walked out of the room.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-joe.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[size=1][indent]Illyria rolled her eyes as she transformed from a beautiful woman into a small boy.

“[b]Celesta thinks she can draw us out like so easily,[/b]” he said dryly, “[b]Surely you have more faith in us than that.[/b]

Celesta grinned. “[b]Like a rat, a God will reveal themselves when faced with no other option.[/b]

“[b]We all play this game in our own way, sister. Just remember that it was a dead rodent which caused the plague.[/b]”

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-nagi.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-patrick.jpg[/img][/center]

Patrick Malone woke up with a pounding headache. No longer was he in the strange marble city but somewhere even more unfamiliar. Somehow he had ended up in a small red temple, illuminating by the light of a few small candles. Scrolls and paintings lined the walls, written in a language he couldn’t understand, all leading up to a simple stone alter. Resting in the temple was Kirima, who seemed lost in meditation.

“[b]Kirima?[/b]” the young man asked as he removed the linen sheet draped around him, “[b]Where are we?[/b]”

She turned around and smiled. “[b]You’re finally awake, are you? Good.[/b]”

Patrick immediately noticed something different about the girl. No longer was she in the simple robe that she had been before, now Kirima was wearing in a beautiful blue dress. Not only that but her wounds appeared to be fully healed. She walked over to Patrick carrying a small tray of rice and fish as he wondered exactly how long he had been unconscious.

“[b]I found some food in the temple and made us something to eat,[/b]” she said as she placed the tray on his lap, “[b]I hope you like fish![/b]”

Immediately the young man began to wolf down the food in front of him. It had been so long since he had something decent to eat, let alone someone kind enough to prepare it for him. Kirima laughed as she watched Patrick inhale his breakfast.

"[b]Wow you must be hungry. This is the kind of food my Mother makes me in the morning.[/b]"

“[b]Thank you. It's delicious.[/b]” he said between bites of fish, “[b]Where is everyone?[/b]”

She turned her head away, “[b]I don‘t know. When I woke up it was just us.[/b]”

“[b]And where are we?[/b]”

“[b]It looks like my temple from Japan, but it’s not. I don’t know any of the Gods in the writings.[/b]”

“[b]You mean you know how to read these scrolls?[/b]”

“[b]Oh sure! Can’t you?[/b]”

Kirima walked over to the wall and began to read from it.

“[b][I]When the world was born there was darkness. Nothing. Then the great Goddess came, and she created life. And with the gift of life also came the gift of death. Each God gave a different gift to man, but with each gift the world became darker and darker...[/I][/b]”

“[b]It says there are 8 Gods and 16 souls. [I]With each death they are one step closer to… Ragnarok…[/I][/b]’”

Patrick scratched his head. “[b]16 souls, huh? Do you think that’s us?[/b]”

“[b][I]…7 sins, 7 virtues… and 7 deaths… then the kaijin will be set free…[/b][/i]”

“[b]What is a '[i]kaijin[/i]?[/b]”'

The small temple suddenly began to shake violently, causing Kirima to stumble. Patrick jumped to his feet to grab the girl before she fell. A pair of scrolls dropped from the wall, quickly catching fire against one of the candles. In an instant the only entrance to the temple was covered in flames.

“[b]It’s happening all over again![/b]” Patrick shouted, “[b]Shit![/b]”

Kirima looked up to the young man, her eyes full of tears.

“[b]It’s like my dream, isn’t it? I‘m going to die again![/b]”

He clutched onto Kirima tightly as the shaking continued. His eyes narrowed as he stared into the blaze, trying to figure a way out.

“[b]I’m scared, Patrick.[/b]”

“[b]Me too, Kirima, but we have to be brave. Do you trust me?[/b]”

The girl nodded.

“[b]Okay,[/b]” he said as he grabbed his sheet off of the ground, covering them both in it, “[b]Take a deep breath for me…[/b]”

He clutched onto Kirima tightly, and whispered a lullaby into her ear as he rushed headfirst into the fire. The heat was unbearable, but he knew that he had to continue moving forward for both of them. Soon the feeling of heat surrounding him was gone, replaced with an eerie calm. He removed the blanket and looked around. The burning temple was nowhere to be seen.

“[b]How did you do that?[/b]” Kirima asked as she was set down, “[b]You’re my hero![/b]”

Patrick looked around nervously, trying to get a bearing on his surroundings. They looked to be on a simple dirt trail along a rocky mountainside. Below the mountain was a large river, and it looks as if the trail was leading them downhill.

“[b]I.. I don’t know Kirima,[/b]” he replied, “[b]But we did it together, right?[/b]”

The young girl smiled.

“[b]The Gods protected us so that we could find the others.[/b]”

“[b]Maybe they did, Kirima. Now let’s get out of here before it gets any colder.[/b]”

A proud sense of accomplishment washed over the young man. He had confronted his own fears and saved them both, but the words that Kirima had read sat in the back of his mind. Whatever the kaijin, or the Ragnarok was, he would have to try and be prepared for them. For both of their sakes.[/size][/indent]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Bellanna tuned out Jachym's attempt to determine just where she stood in the game. It was clearly nothing more than a ploy to get her to accidentally reveal herself. Especially now that six of the sixteen souls were dead, though that was not a guarantee. It was true that she had yet to progress well enough to get the power to either grant or take life, but that hardly meant that one's strategy was not working.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-marta.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-soul-ash.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Ash felt the urge to laugh, nothing had gone right, not one thing. About the only good thing had been when the Asian woman had stopped Jamie from hitting him. Ash was still a little sore but other than that he was fine, he was debating what to do when one of the doors to the room opened and the woman with rotting flesh that he had seen earlier, entered the room. Ash was surprised to see tears running down her face.

"[B]What's wrong?[/B]" It was then that he realized that the black man who had been with her was nowhere to be seen. "[B]What happened to the guy who was with you? I wanted to ask him about the man he said attacked him.[/B]"

"[B]He's dead,"[/B] Marta said, looking to the side. "[B]Why did you want to know about the man who attacked him?[/B]"

"[B]Because someone attacked me, I was wondering if it was the same person.[/B]" Ash took a few steps towards Marta. "[B]I'm Ash by the way, who are you?[/B]"

"[B]Marta,[/B]" She turned back to face him. "[B]My name is Marta.[/B]"

"[B]Well then Marta,[/B]" Ash said with a smile, "[B]Why don't we see if we can find our way out of here?[/B]" He stepped even closer and then stopped in shock as the strange feelings he had been having ever since he found himself in the room faded. [I]What the hell?[/I] Ash stepped back and then closer again. There was no mistaking it. Though he had no clue what was going on or why being near Marta had that effect.

"[B]What's wrong?[/B]" Marta asked, confused as to what Ash was doing.

"[B]Well when that one man was saying that some of us were tainted by some power, I think the same thing happened to me, but when I'm closer to you, that feeling vanishes.[/B]" Something that made Ash happy, he hadn't realized how bitter the feeling was until it was gone. Whatever it was, he didn't like it he decided.

He reached out with his hand intending to shake her's but Marta just looked at him in surprise. "[B]Why would you do that? Look at me![/B]"

Ash just smiled. "[B]So? What of it? I don't know where we are, but I'd hardly shun someone just because of how they looked.[/B]" And when Marta finally did extend her hand Ash moved in and hugged her lightly as well.

"[B]What did you do that for?[/B]" Marta asked, to startled to pull away.

Ash just shrugged his shoulders. "[B]You seemed to need it.[/B]"

"[B]What if I was a murder? How do you know I wouldn't have hurt you?[/B]"

"[B]Then I guess it would have sucked to be me,[/B]" Ash joked, giving her a lopsided grin as he did so.

Marta tried to resist and finally gave in and laughed. [B]"All right, you win. I'm not a nice person though, I thought I was, but I'm not.[/B]"

"[B]So what? I've done things that I've regretted as well. No one's perfect.[/B]" Ash said with a tiny bit of a sigh. "[B]Anyway, now that we've settled that, how about you give me that backpack you've got on? I could hardly consider myself any form of a gentleman if I let you carry that.[/B]" A moment later, Marta handed it over.

"[B]Thank you.[/B]" She said simply. "[B]I don't know what you've done that caused regret, but I'm willing to bet that you're a nice kid.[/B]" Marta shook her head. "[B]The real problem is this place, I feel as if we are being toyed with.[/B]"

"[B]Then I say we find our way out and deprive whoever runs this place of their toys.[/B]" Ash indicated one of the doors and after Marta gave him a hesitant smile, the two of them left the room.[/FONT][/COLOR]