OtakuBoards

Clannad

2010DigitalBoy

Just watched After Story ep. 1. A Nagisalicious start to the new season. :catgirl:

(And Midorikawa cracked me the hell up as Yuusuke. Also amused by the fact that much of it felt like Akio + his harem of high school girls. XD) Do we know how many episodes this is going to be? Based on the first episode & the preview, it sure feels more like 24-ep pacing than 12.

I did have some animation nitpicks. I should say that even KyoAni being a little lazy is still vastly better than most other companies out there, but it really surprised me to see them pop out what looked like one of their occasional lower-than-average mid-season episodes for the very beginning of After Story. Well, only sakuga (drawing quality) freaks are going to notice/care, and they'll probably clean things up for the DVD version like they did last time.

Here's the super-lovely OP.

[youtube]H3aa5zOVAwc[/youtube]

(Admittedly, I lol'd at how similar it is to the AIR Blu-ray opening... running out of ideas, Ishihara?? :animeswea)

~Dagger~

Very fun first episode -- Yuusuke is indeed hilarious (I was laughing hard when he [spoiler]called time out so that he could deliver his big speech without getting tagged out[/spoiler]). I was also laughing hard at everything involving poor Sunohara getting ragged on by everyone under the sun. Poor kid just can't catch a break. Also looking forward to getting more of Akio. Wouldn't it be awesome to know someone like him? He's the coolest.

Definitely the best of what I have watched so far this season. :)

• 3 months later...
[quote name='necrojesta']I just watched the first episode yesterday (as i'm writing this). it looks kind of like a school comedy/ romance type thing but with an emotional twist and so far is looking very interesting can't wait to see the rest!;)[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope you enjoy it! I remember thinking the first two episodes were OK, but nothing incredible, but the series takes a quantum leap in quality starting with Fuuko's arc. It's a wonderful story that has been in my top 10 since it finished.

[b]~After Story~[/b] has just kicked into high gear after ep13. With eleven episodes remaining, I unfortunately must doubt that [spoiler]Tomoya and Nagisa's married life will be full of nothing but happiness.[/spoiler] :(

I just got done watching Clannad~After Story~ episode 8. I loved it.
Miyazawa is so cute, and Tomoya is amazing, Sunohara makes me laugh, as always.
What really got to me was when [spoiler]Tomoya decides to fight the boss of the opposing gang in place of Sunohara (who was mistaken as Miyazawa's older brother) and Tomoya got all beaten up.[/spoiler]
And I knew that [spoiler]Miyazawa's brother was dead. [/spoiler] I guessed it when they said [spoiler]that Miyazawa's brother was in the hospital[/spoiler]. =P
I love Clannad~After Story~.