OtakuBoards

Maple Story, What do you think?

Minako

I have recently stumbled across Maple Story ([url]http://maplestory.nexon.net/[/url]) a free RPG game. It sounds really cool, and seems a bit to me like Gaia ([url]www.gaiaonline.com[/url]) However, Gaia isn't really an RPG, i think, but more as a social network.

But anyway, I wanted to ask those of you who have played it/heard of Maple Story, how do you like it/dislike it? Why? Is it worth downloading? I just didn't want to download it and then realize that I didn't like it.

Thanks!

I once tried it out for a little while, and it bored me quickly. I think they may really be onto something by having an MMO in a sidescrolling environment, but that doesn't save them from the ho-hum, grindfest gameplay that every MMO I've ever played has in common. And even other MMOs seem to have more complex gameplay than MapleStory.

Not to mention the community, which is infamously bad.

Both of these things are problems in most MMOs anyway, and certainly most free ones, so if you like the standard MMO gameplay (as many do) and you don't mind a lame community, then I think you'll find this a satisfying experience.

[font=arial][size=1]I've heard the same thing John has said everywhere. Therefore, I've never played it, it doesn't even look interesting to me.

The community in all these free games is notoriously bad, not just in MS. Ultimately, you get what you pay for; and if you're not paying for it, then...

Flyff and Rappelz are probably better choices, but only slightly better. Rakion is pretty cool too but there is NO help for new players. You get a useless training level and then you're trust out into the vicious online multiplayer mode.[/font][/size]

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]I've heard the same thing John has said everywhere. Therefore, I've never played it, it doesn't even look interesting to me.

The community in all these free games is notoriously bad, not just in MS. Ultimately, you get what you pay for; and if you're not paying for it, then...

Flyff and Rappelz are probably better choices, but only slightly better. Rakion is pretty cool too but there is NO help for new players. You get a useless training level and then you're trust out into the vicious online multiplayer mode.[/font][/size][/QUOTE]

I heard about that too, at first I join it because I wanted to see what is it like. For the first few hour I had fun, but it got boring and hard because the enemies does alot of damage to you and the leveling up takes almost forever. Plus, when you get to a certain level they require you to get the require stats to be in a certain job, like a warrior, magician, or bowmen. I thought that once I reach level 10, I would be a warrior, but they cheated me out. After awhile, I stumble onto Flyff and that MMO is so fun. Flyff is a pretty good MMO to play if you think Maple Story is bad. So if anyone have a Flyff character and play's online go to the level Kern normal 6-2, thats where I'm at. So if your there my character name is Trila a female character. I begun playing it last week and I'm at level 10 so add me if your there.