OtakuBoards

Graphics Resources idea

cancer

[SIZE="1"]I know that this site is founded on anime fandom and somewhat revolves around anime, though it seems to me that we should make graphics a bigger part of OtakuBoards. I think we should have subforums in the Art Studio for tutorials, because I think that would work better than having just a thread.

I also would like to see a thread of renders that could end up being sticked for use in graphics. I know there are other forums to get renders and tutorials from, but I think that OB should have this in order to make it even more resourceful and well-rounded.

I haven't really thought this idea through as far as how it should best be done; give me your input.[/SIZE]

[size=1]I totally think that we really should have at least a sub forum for tutorials and graphic resources instead of just havinga thread. Having just a thread is such a hassle. No one wants to LOOK for the thread when there can just be a subforum for it. And I know for a fact, that people ask for renders and tutorials all the time here. It's not like this issue is something new.[/size]

[size=1]It's a nice idea (I agree on that thread-per-topic isn't really ideal), though right now I kind of doubt that it will be very active. I think we'll first need people who really will use the forum well, especially people who will supply it with content. Because well, for an actual subforum we'll need supply as well, apart from demand. Besides, it will need some rather strong guidelines to work well and not turn out to be a total mess.

So... Any ideas and volunteers are most welcome. If this is something that could make the Otaku Artist community more active than the current state it's in, I would very much like to see this idea develop. [/size]

[SIZE="1"]Of course. So first of all we need people that are willing to submit tutorials, renders, etc. in order to keep such a subforum active. If you are interested in supplying the resources please let us know in this thread. I, for one, would be a regular donor. I hope to see many more volunteers.

And ask yourself, what makes a forum website popular/attractive? I think that creating such a subforum would actually increase the attractiveness of the site. People are always looking for graphics resources.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]
[B]We really need people to volunteer for this if it's going to work. Come on, step up and help out the OB Art Studio.[/B][/SIZE]

[size=1]You know, I can just make a directory sticky and you post all of your tuts as threads in the original forum with the old [T] tag, like how the past idea worked. I can just link back to the old tuts too. Just an idea, because there obviously isn't enough reaction to the subject, but I do like the idea. :P[/size]

• 2 months later...
[size=1][quote=Boo 12-09-2007][size=1]I guess it will best work to keep the categories seperated by different tags. [T] for tutorial, [R] for renders and then ehm well, I'm not sure what other threads people intend to create for resources, haha. Well, for example; if there's demand threads with people's custom brushes in there that are free for use, we could use a [B] tag too...

All the feedback and ideas are of course still très welcome. :P[/size][/quote]

[b]Update:[/b]

Breezing life back into this thread. I'd like to see who are at this point still very interested in this idea, to the point that they would like to help build the thing up. I'm still thinking of the main thread with the links to all the threads, but instead it would be combined with the Art by Request.

Shout your opinions and feedback, thank you very much!

And also, to give us some start on the thread, if you have any valuable resources we could link back to, please yell those too. The main thread will probably be massive, if this works out well - that would be great. [/size]

If it helps, I would be willing to submit some paint shop pro tutorials, because when first started out it was hard to just find anything for paint shop pro. So the more resources available to people the better. But the render part, that might be my down fall.

[size=1]Pardon me for the slow updates, I'm not at home right now (heck, I'm not even in the same country), but I promise you we're working on it. :)

The most likely plan is to fuse Art By Request with the Graphics Resources idea and change the title of the subforum. For one issue, I'm trying to think of titles that work, haha. There would be a directory thread for the Graphics Resources to keep them organised, while you post the resources themselves in seperate threads. You could even just make one thread per person, because I can link back to seperate posts, of course. Anyhow, if you know any reccomendable sites that we could refer to perhaps, feel free to PM me.[/size]