OtakuBoards

Christmas banner contest?

TheShinje

[size=1]Of course it's pretty much up to the admins, but I wouldn't mind seeing this in the Art Studio again. I look forward to seeing the entries all year and each year I try to think of something as well, though it mostly is a bit shabby. :P[/size]

• 4 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm [i]so[/i] sorry about this not going up, guys. We do normally do this but by the time I got around to it this year, we were just too close to Christmas day. And me being away for that whole period made it even more difficult.

Even though it's become a bit of a tradition, I will look at holding a different competition to make up for it. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking that we can still incorporate banners, but perhaps we can feature different banners or something. I'm sure we can build something fun around that.[/font] :catgirl:

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]
Even though it's become a bit of a tradition, I will look at holding a different competition to make up for it. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking that we can still incorporate banners, but perhaps we can feature different banners or something. I'm sure we can build something fun around that.[/font] :catgirl:[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in an Easter banner competition. Other than that, you could always do a generic (ie. anythign goes) banner competition, even if their primary use is to launch a new skin or gather ideas for one.

I'll hold my Christmas banner idea close to my chest until I can enter it this year. ^_^;

Ideas huh? Well instead of a holiday one like Christmas or Easter, you could do something similar to the Official OtakuBoards Whine Day and do a banner for say Member appreciation week or something. Unless you've had such an event before, still it would be fun in that you could pretty much choose any week you want. Oh and by similar I mean a holiday or event that is specific to the boards only instead of a general holiday. Otherwise, go with the Easter idea, it would be interesting to create a theme for that holiday to match the Indigo skin. Not that I could, but still, it would be interesting to see what people come up with.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, that's an idea. The only way we can really do that is if we plan it in advance...it can only be for the really major events.

Since Nifty Fifty is underway already, it may be worth thinking about what we can do in the future. I'll talk to Kam and see if he has any ideas about it.[/font]