OtakuBoards

Persona -Trinity Soul-

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Seeing as how the new season of Gunslinger Girl is being lashed at everywhere as the biggest facepalm trainwreck of the season, I'm glad to say that the first episode of Persona was really good. I'm a big fan of the Persona 3 game, in fact it's my alltime favorite game, but I'm only about 10 hours into it. not that that matters, because the show is on a different story, however, there are plenty of references that will require at least some knowledge of the game.

Firstly, the animation is incredible and there's an expensive vocal cast, so high-budget is written all over it. Even though Shoji Meguro is missing, we stil get some great songs and the Return of the ****ing Awesome Rap Songs which is a MAJOR plus from me, because Persona 3 has my favorite game soundtrack. In addition, it was a nice bonus that one of the songs from the game was playing in the cafe right after the break. The opening theme is really cool and the ending video was just. plain. awesome.

Overall, Persona has yet to show itself as much more that a mystery action show a-la Darker Than Black or something, however the fights are very well-directed and animated so it will be pretty to look at. Let's just hope the plot goes in the right direction. [/COLOR]

I'm about to watch the first ep with no real idea what to expect. Since over where I live the persona games don't really get a mention and we get very few of the shin megami tensei games it's going to be a complete mystery. However I've heard extremely good thing about the game so thought I'd check out the anime. I should chip my ps2 to get it imported. Anyway I'll add my impressions after I watch the first ep.