OtakuBoards

What do you snack on?

Dagger

Anything and Everything!
We seriously have no food in our house most of the time. So I'll snack on whatever I find that's edible and doesn't take too long to make.
Strangest thing I've ever found and randomly eaten: Fondant Icing

But I prefer chips or cereal.

[font=trebuchet ms]I am exceptionally fond of grapes. They're a wonderful combination tart, sweet, cold, and fresh. Unfortunately, sometimes you get a bad grape, and that ruins the experience.

I also make a lot of smoothies. Food tends to be more fun after it's gone through teh blender.[/font]

The best thing about living totally on your own is that you don't have to wait for someone to buy you something you want to eat. Let alone ask them!

When it's time to snack, which is usually what I end up doing on my days off (I just want to relax from work!) it's time to bust out the essentials!

Mochi. I have access to three different Asian food stores so I end up stocking up on Mochi, Kinoko no Yama (Mushroom-shaped chocolate and cookie snack. It just means 'mushrooms of the mountain'). Pocky (Men's Pocky, which is the dark chocolate kind). Another kind of mochi (this kind you have to boil, the other you eat right from the freezer). Anything with azuki in it!

When I'm not craving azuki (that happens a lot), I go for chips. Cheetos, Fritos, regular Lays, Doritos. But when I'm at the computer, the Asian snacks are less messy so I can get more done without having to worry too much about getting crap on the keyboard.

But since I don't actually snack that much, I end up cooking when I get hungry. Anything from a monstrous pot of minestrone soup to pancakes to baked chicken. But I end up pairing all this with iced tea or Mountain Dew. I normally just drink coffee the first part of my day. One pot is two cups for me!

We also keep an ample supply of ice cream snacks in the freezer. MinuteMaid lemonaid things, the juice bars in the paper; Sticky Toffee Pudding ice cream, cake-flavored ice cream... really, just about anything. If I have them baked, I eat sugar cookies or pumpkin cheesecake muffins (sometimes I add in chocolate chips).

But I think the main staple of a snack is mochi.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']I don't really have a main snack food since what I'll munch on changes so much. One month it will be something healthy like fruit where the next it's stuff like M&M's or chips of some kind. The right kind of cookies is always good, or even some tea or since it's winter right now, hot chocolate. [/QUOTE]I'm the same. What I like to snack on changes all the time. Last week it was nectarines since they finally had some at a good price at the store. This week? It's Swedish fish. o_O So it varies a lot. About the only think I never get tired of is some type of fresh fruit. I just love strawberries and pineapple. Good stuff. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I also enjoy Oreos and milk, however it depends on what time of the year it is.

During the summer, I snack on things from my garden, so peas and carrots are a big source of snack food. The fall I snack on apples, and oranges, even if I have to buy those ( I'm so broke >.<). Winter, I tend to snack on salty things, like chips and whatnot. Spring is anyone's guess, I can snack on whatever, nothing is in season that I like, and it isn't a chip feel really, plus I like to lose my winter blubber heh. I LOVE crackers and cheese, either little slices or spread.