OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Online rpg idea

Inculta_Bellum

After reading through most of Otakupedia, I realized that the Otaku Boards themselves have a deep history and setting like any given MMO. So that's where this RP is leading.

Players would more or less play themselves in the game, if that makes any sense at all. Think of it sort of like the .hack// series, except with much more breaking of the fourth wall. Everyone would know that they're just characters in a game and would be free to comment on the ridiculous plot at any time.

The plot, if you can call it that, would be about a group of players forming into a party to complete the ultimate end-game quest. There would be three 'attunement' quests to be completed beforehand, one each for the AV District, The Square, and the Cultural District. Eventually it would all lead up to saving Otaku Boards sometime in its distant past.

That's all I've really got right now. No equipment lists. No need to buy the game. No monthly fees to play.

If you have any questions or help to offer, feel free to do so.

[CENTER][B]To Do List
[B]Standard Currency
Landscape[/B][/B][/CENTER]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]I honestly think this is a great idea, although I think there might've already been something along these lines.
I don't see why anyone hasn't replied to this.
It's probably off your subscription list by now, but I'd just like to say if you ever work something out for this, or if anyone else does on your behalf, I'd be totally up for it. :animesmil
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]The idea itself isn't exactly new, though it hasn't been done before. I know there was a bit of in-depth discussion of the idea some time before you joined, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Inculta[/COLOR]. Not sure what ever happened to it. :p

Anyway, I'll give you the [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57531"][COLOR="Blue"]link[/COLOR][/URL] to the old thread so you can see some of the ideas that came up and what; you know, get your brain a-thinkin', not that I expect you to just look at all that stuff and chuck it in your wagon.

Fair warning, it [I]does[/I] get a bit ... complicated, so if you find yourself averse to that sort of thing.... :p[/FONT]

Yeah, the thread Allamorph linked to was my suggestion for an OB MMORPG. In the end, I got interested in other stuff. I doubt it would have worked anyway, I don't think enough people were interested in participating it to go through the trouble.

I did get quite far with the planning, though...

There's very much to take into consideration in this sort of a project, but if you guys want to go through with it, I wish you the best of luck!