OtakuBoards

Brigadoon

Japan

[SIZE="1"]Brigadoon is about a fourteen year old girl orphan named Marin who has a wild imagination. One day when some evil alien robot fell from the sky and started to attack her, she ran to a shrine and threw something that she found outside at it, releasing some type of living weapon shows up and protects her. I have not seen many episodes because I am watching them as they come out on On Demand. However, I find myself liking this science fiction anime more and more with each episode I watch.

It has some really great themes in it like dealing with bullies and being teased. The opening theme especially is pretty awesome. I love the song very much. It feels like it gives a view of what poor people's lives are like. So what are your opinions on this anime? [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Damn, I had planned to eventually watch this, but recently a bunch of signs have been pointing to it, and now there's even a thread on OB... I think I ought to hurry and get to this one. From what I've heard, the girl and her mech develop quite an interesting relationship, so I definitely want to see how that goes.[/COLOR]

I love this show! (And have been meaning to rewatch it ever since... well, I first saw it.) I got the DVDs on sale super-cheap, knowing barely anything about the series, and all told, it's still one of the best blind buys I've ever made. There's a lot of weirdness going on, from the character winkingly named Moe to the general style of it all, but it holds together surprisingly well. Great plot, really moving relationships, super-lovable main character--and I second Japan's comment about the gorgeous OP.

~Dagger~

[SIZE="1"]I can't wait...go see it now! They do, typical kind of relationship as far as I can tell. I read a review on it and I am quite surprised that they said that this anime has been on the shelves for quite a while and it is not well known. I feel that this anime deserves some praise.[/SIZE]